PDA

View Full Version : Help For 1st Time Bulk!

te1013
10-19-08, 4:16 pm
Sup guys, I'm about to start a Bulk cycle for the first time tomorrow. What's the difference between a regular bulk and clean bulk?

Also, what foods do you guys recommend for a first timer?

thanks.

RandallH1989
10-19-08, 4:45 pm
Clean bulk means you count how many calories and macronutrients you're eating. It does NOT mean you eat higher quality foods, like most people think.

pmug0000
10-19-08, 5:00 pm
Clean bulk means you count how many calories and macronutrients you're eating. It does NOT mean you eat higher quality foods, like most people think.

Not really. If you eat pizzas and brownies all day, but you keep track of the macronutrients that doesn't make it a clean bulk. Clean bulk means you keep your choices clean, and you don't have such a large calorie surplus that you put on a lot of fat quickly.

For the OP I try to clean bulk and my grocery list always includes beef, chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables.

te1013
10-19-08, 5:06 pm
Thanks for the help guys.

born0withno0soul
10-19-08, 5:10 pm
bulking is easy. you dont need to turn it into a science. you eat until you grow. if your not growing, your not eating enough.

prowrestler
10-19-08, 5:17 pm
bulking is easy. you dont need to turn it into a science. you eat until you grow. if your not growing, your not eating enough.

x2

RandallH1989
10-19-08, 5:21 pm
Not really. If you eat pizzas and brownies all day, but you keep track of the macronutrients that doesn't make it a clean bulk. Clean bulk means you keep your choices clean, and you don't have such a large calorie surplus that you put on a lot of fat quickly.

For the OP I try to clean bulk and my grocery list always includes beef, chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables.

I'm not justifying eating shitty foods, just mentioning the proper terminology.

Factory
10-19-08, 6:02 pm
i'd recommend eating a ton of meat , eggs, fish, eating green vegetables, rice, and potatoes.

if you normally drink water try drinking a lot of milk when your bulking, it helped me when i bulked.

try to stay away from sugar if you can, if your doing a bulk and you want clean weight.

try to eat as many times as you can a day, stuffing your face. eating should be a chore when your bulking, and you gotta do it.

try not to drink while your eating too, it will make you think your full when your not, and you wont be able to eat as many calories.

Reacher34
10-19-08, 6:25 pm
i'd recommend eating a ton of meat , eggs, fish, eating green vegetables, rice, and potatoes.

if you normally drink water try drinking a lot of milk when your bulking, it helped me when i bulked.

try to stay away from sugar if you can, if your doing a bulk and you want clean weight.

try to eat as many times as you can a day, stuffing your face. eating should be a chore when your bulking, and you gotta do it.

try not to drink while your eating too, it will make you think your full when your not, and you wont be able to eat as many calories.

Mostly good advice, I disagree about swapping out water and not drinking while you eat. WATER IS ANABOLIC. Your water intake should go up, you need that stuff. It's simple, try for 1-2 gallons a day. 2 might be a tad high, but experiment and don't go lower than 1 gallon.

As Wrath once said...."chew,chew, drink, chew, chew, drink, swallow". That right there is as important as E=mc2.

MassMonster
10-19-08, 7:34 pm
Mostly good advice, I disagree about swapping out water and not drinking while you eat. WATER IS ANABOLIC. Your water intake should go up, you need that stuff. It's simple, try for 1-2 gallons a day. 2 might be a tad high, but experiment and don't go lower than 1 gallon.

As Wrath once said...."chew,chew, drink, chew, chew, drink, swallow". That right there is as important as E=mc2.

first off what u weighing in at bro? as far as water 1 is necessity for a normal person as far as bulking goes hit 2 u hydrate yaself and remove waste faster as u drink higher amounts of water... When u bulk eat good whole clean foods eat high amounts of protein try n get in double ya body weight in protein intake so for instance im weighing about 205-208 i try n take in 400 grams a protein a day on bulk... hard yes i kno but its not so if u eat right.... pop make sure u eat beef chicken fish good complex carbs like oats brown rice grains and such dont forget dark greens for fiber and antioxidant support n u will grow nicely....
Pig out but to an extent my friend..... eat shit and you will look like shit.... i was never 1 for technicality's such as fixing in macros for my diets but ive been just feeding and fueling with what i said earlier and its worked nicely for me... so ya decision on what u wanna do hit ya bases on the good stuff and u will grow like no other....

just an opinion of a nobody bodybuilder

>:)

MojoMike36
10-19-08, 8:05 pm
The simplest most basic way to approach a bulk is to avoid most foods at weren't in existence 100 years ago. Ya know what I mean?
Keep sugar and sodium intake low. Drink TONS of water.

DreamZero
10-19-08, 8:46 pm
The simplest most basic way to approach a bulk is to avoid most foods at weren't in existence 100 years ago. Ya know what I mean?
Keep sugar and sodium intake low. Drink TONS of water.

damn right. if you cant make it grow or kill it, don't eat it.

te1013
10-19-08, 9:56 pm
these posts are really helping. Thanks again.

To massmonster...I'm weighing in at 190lbs.

Cstlfx
10-19-08, 10:34 pm
Everyone is giving really good advice. I cant remember what article it was, but someone once said If you put shit in, thats what you're going to get.

But, dont shy away from cheating every now and then. Just like a cut, throw in a cheat every so often in order to have some fun. Gotta love those oreos.

LegendKillerJosh
10-21-08, 10:46 am
to try and pack on muscle mass without any fat gain is very tough, and for some people even impossible. if you are bulking, then eat as much as you can 6-7 times a day and even add weight gainers after workouts and before bed to pack on muscle. don't worry about fat gain, that's what cutting is for. cycling calories is the best way to go rather than trying to gain muscle without fat.

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 10:50 am
Cycling calories on your Training/OFF days is the way to go if you want to 'minimize' fat gain. I'll be tryin it out in a week when i start my bulk.

MassMonster
10-21-08, 10:49 pm
these posts are really helping. Thanks again.

To massmonster...I'm weighing in at 190lbs.

u should be able to down 2 gallons of water without u getin ne negative effect

TheDarkHalf
10-24-08, 10:00 am

Also keep in mind that you body EATS milk and ABSORBS/USES water. So, you should try to match your milk and water intake, failure to do so may result in dehydration.

sanga
10-24-08, 10:25 am
Clean bulking isn`t the same as just bulking IMO, I`ve done both and eating tons of crap for the sake of it is not the way to go.

Clean bulking with 1-2 cheat meals a week are far better IMO, you can still eat high calorie foods clean, its just a hell of a lot harder than eating junk.

Now the cheat meals don`t have to be pure crap either, have good food with a little of what you desire, the cheat meal is an addition to the normal template also, so if you eat 6-7 clean meals a day and its a cheat meal day then have 6-7 normal meals plus slot an extra meal in somewhere and have some junk, maybe a chicken curry with naan bread, rice and a desert, not that bad, certainly better than all those trans fats in a KFC bargain bucket.

Junk in, Junk out and it shows!

theharjmann
10-24-08, 11:35 am
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

If you wanna look like a lump of shit, then eat shit

If you wanna look like a slab of meat, eat slabs of meat!

Good luck with it. Hope all goes well

Peace

Aggression
10-28-08, 11:29 am
You can do what I call a 'dirty bulk', in which you keep your protein high, 1.5-2.0g/lb of bodyweight, and house everything in sight, throwing caution to the wind. This way you pack on an enormous amount of mass, and a generous amount of fat as well, but the weight goes up. A 'clean' bulk is taking caution to the types of foods you eat. still high protein, and then from there, its eating loads of clean foods, like sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, with the occasional cheat meal thrown in for good measure :)

Its your choice, depending upon your body and how it reacts to certain types of food.