PDA

View Full Version : diesel1976 new to board and starting to track my "journey"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

diesel1976
10-19-08, 8:14 pm
Hey animal family, I am an Illinois man looking forward to the blustery winter coming up and training hard. I have always loved this site and just recently started reading on the forum and am digging it too. Im going to share my journey too, as I love to write and share information with fellow iron warriors.

Hit shoulders today at the St. Charles Illinois xsport fitness. Preworkout I had animal nitro-g and 3 nox3 tabs washed down with animal pump.

Workout went like this:

Seated Machine laterals supersetted with reverse pecdek flyes to warm up. 3 sets of 20 each.

Seated side dumbell raise (2 arms at once): 40 lb dumbells for 6 sets of 10 with rest intervals of 30 seconds.

Seated one arm side raise: (1 drop set) 70x9 40x9 25x15 with each arm

Seated smith machine press: 135x15 185x10 225x10 275x7 315x5

Standing high cable rear delts: 3 sets of 15 with 35 on the stacks with low rest

Dumbell shrugs: 140's for 7 sets of 10 with 40 second rests

Seated Calf Raise: 2 plates for 50 reps 4 plates for 25 reps 7 plates for 15

Drank crystal lite mixed with 30 grams of waxy maize during training.

Post workout: packet of nitro-g washed down with 60 grams of dextrose, creatine, and glutamine. 20 minutes later had 75 grams of protein powder.

Had some orange chicken and rice after that. :)

Thanks for the forum to share guys!

Train hard animals!

diesel1976
10-19-08, 8:24 pm
I am a 32 year old power bodybuilder. I have a history of competing in strongman contests over the last 5 years but have shifted gears back towards bodybuilding over the past year. I am 5'11" at 254 pounds with bodyfat at around 11%. I have always been a believer that you should be as strong as you look and always tried to look as close to a bodybuilder as I could when competing at strongman. Maybe its my vanity but being big, strong, and in good shape is always top priority to me. Big and strong and looking like a pig, or huge and ripped and weak never did it for me. Strive for it all and overcome!

Be the Freak!
diesel

shizz702
10-19-08, 8:34 pm
I am a 32 year old power bodybuilder. I have a history of competing in strongman contests over the last 5 years but have shifted gears back towards bodybuilding over the past year. I am 5'11" at 254 pounds with bodyfat at around 11%. I have always been a believer that you should be as strong as you look and always tried to look as close to a bodybuilder as I could when competing at strongman. Maybe its my vanity but being big, strong, and in good shape is always top priority to me. Big and strong and looking like a pig, or huge and ripped and weak never did it for me. Strive for it all and overcome!

Be the Freak!
diesel

Good stuff bro!

Definitely always good to have the strength to back up the look! Interesting you competed in strongman and are now bodybuilding. Quite a change.

Looks like you are going to have a good journey. I'll be following along.

diesel1976
10-19-08, 8:48 pm
Im excited about keeping track of my journey on the forum. Going straight from the notebook to the web! Going to meet my training partner right now for arms. Part II of the daily workout. Ill post it when I get home! Glad to be hear and thanks for the welcome iron brother. :)

Be the FREAK!
diesel

diesel1976
10-19-08, 11:16 pm
Evening arm training went well, I like to double split on Sunday because it is my day off from work. Pre,during, and post workout supps were all the same as earlier. Hit arms in reverse order tonight, started with machines and worked towards heavy free weights to mix it up.

Hammer strength preacher curl supersetted with cable pushdowns: 3 sets each with 25,15 and 10 reps per set.

Low cable rope curl supersetted with overhead rope tri extension: 3 sets each with 20, 12, and 8 reps per set.

Straight bar curls: 95x12 135x8 155x6

Long bar skull krushers: 135x15 185x12 225x10 275x7

Hanging Leg raises for abs: 4 sets of 15-20

Had a great pump which is always a great way to end the day.

The gym was dead tonight which is a luxury I always treasure; focus and drive without all the circus bullshit antics of every new up and coming "Mr. O" walking around talking about crushing the competition at their first show after they rip up their massive 180 pounds of bulk! Got off on a tirade there, that had been stewing in me for a long time, thanks for bearing with me. Gotta punch the clock at 4 am tomorrow so keep growing brothers.

Be the Freak
diesel

diesel1976
10-19-08, 11:19 pm
shizz702, I have always employed some bodybuilding in my training and thouroughly enjoy it. I went from playing college football to strongman to tossing my hat into the ring as a bodybuilder now. I felt I wanted a change and want to see what I can do! Its a new challenge.

Be The Freak
diesel

diesel1976
10-19-08, 11:52 pm
Training split:

Sunday: Chest/calves/abs
Monday: Legs/abs
Tuesday: Off or light shoulder workout
Wednesday: Back/heavy core (abs,lb, obliques)
Thursday: Heavy Shoulders, traps, tris
Friday: Arms or off
Saturday: Play in football league or off

I was off schedule this week so today I was playing catch up, will get back on track with legs tomorrow

Feeding schedule:
Weekdays:

4 am: Protein shake with oats blended in milk
9am: 12 oz steak or chicken with jasmine rice or baked potato with hot sauce and an animal pak.

Noon: Protein shake mixed in water. Peanut butter

4pm: Homemade steak burrito with rice, cheese and hot salsa

6pm: light protein shake

7:30: nitro-g, nox3, animal pump
7:45-8:45 Train
8:45: nitro-g, 80 grams dextrose/waxy maize mix
9:00: 80 grams protein in milk or water
9:45: Same as 9 am meal.

sleep: 11-4 Sleep on one hour train ride to and from work also

1-2 gallons of water daily

Weekends are a little looser right now. Go out and eat more and usually have one meal over the weekend where I eat a favorite food until I cant move. Usually a ton of Chinese or Italian, or Greek food with a ton of meat!

Take Care Brothers
diesel

diesel1976
10-20-08, 10:51 am
The plan for tonights leg workout looks like this:

Leg extension supersetted with leg curls: 4 sets of each with reps of 25-10
Leg Press: 12 platesx100 reps 20 platesx20 24 platesx15 26 plates x 10 x 2 sets
Walking DB Lunge: 4 sets of 20 yds with 75 pound dumbells
Dumbell Stiff legged deads: 125's x 4 sets of 10
Unilateral leg curls: 3 sets of 12/10/8
Leg extension: 1 50 rep burn set

Thats probably gonna do it, but if I change anything later when I hit it Ill inform of the changes. May do calves also.

diesel

diesel1976
10-20-08, 6:31 pm

Thats probably gonna do it, but if I change anything later when I hit it Ill inform of the changes. May do calves also.

diesel

Change of plan for this evenings workout.

I trained alone for the past 3 years, aside from the occasional buddy joining me. Over the last 2 months I started training with a 21 year old kid, very motivated and to his credit very solid and fairly strong for his age. Ive known him since he came to the gym at 18, and its been working out great having a good partner, he does my workouts and hes growing like a weed again. Kid is 5'9"and a pretty solid 220 pounds. He is bringing one of his boys to train with us tonight, I know him some also from the past couple years, another young guy. So we are going to do back tonight as a threesome, we just gotta keep it moving, I like to keep my rest periods fairly short now as its a change from my past style and seems to be putting mass on me at a good rate. I have gone from 241 to 252 in 2 months and dropped a small amount of bodyfat. Should be cool to train as a group.

Here is my plan for back tonight:

Wide grip Pullups compounded with Hammer Strength Pullover machine:
bw x max reps for pullups and 140 pyramid to 270 on pullover-4 sets of each

Underhand Hammer Strength High row machine: 3 sets of 15-6

T-Bar Row: 100x20 190x15 270x6-8

Rack Deads: (Bottom Pin in rack- about mid shin level): 225x15 315x5 405x5 495x3 585x3
675x3 (goal) Drop down for last set: 365 for a goal of 20-25 reps

Hyperextension: bw+45x20 +90x10 +135x6 drop to bw to failure
Hanging leg raise compounded with weighted high cable rope crunch: 4 sets each with reps of 20-25 on hlr and reps of 10-15 heavier on rope crunch.

Thats the plan including the weights and reps I intend to hit tonigt. Ill update on whether or not I get it, especially the top set of deads and high rep set of deads at 365, I have been using 315x 25, so its a step up if when I make it.

Were doing rack deads for the last week right now. Well be going back to off the floor next week. I do minicycles of dead styles that looks like this.

3 weeks at 2nd pin (just below knees), 3 weeks at 1st pin (what were doing now), then 3 weeks off the floor. Conventional style currently. I do sumo style every so often. When doing them out of the rack we often use jumpstretch bands looped outside the plates to under the rack. The westside barbell method of deadlifting I have found to work wonders and I have stolen alot of their training methods. Giving credit where credit is due.
Deads are king!

Ill update later with the results of the 3 man training extravaganza, ha.

Be the Freak,
diesel

diesel1976
10-20-08, 6:36 pm
Think Im going to shoot for doing the Mid-Illinois in April 09. keep you all posted.

diesel1976
10-20-08, 6:53 pm
I am an ironworker in Chicago, got rained out today so I got to come home early and eat up for the workout tonight.

Tried Gdiesel's shake this morning at 4am from the recipe post. Good stuff.

9am: Ate the leftovers of Orange chicken and chicken fried rice from yesterday. YUM!

Noon: Had my homemade steak burritos for lunch with an animal pack and bcaa's

2pm: 2 scoops muscle milk in water

5pm: 2 scoops muscle milk blended in milk with some oatmeal

7pm: animal nitro g pack, nox3, animal pump
7:30-8pm Train (During training will have 40 grams of glycomaize in h2o with crystal lite)
Post workout: 1 pack animal nitrog washed down with 16 oz grape juice and creatine
2 scoops of monster milk in 20 oz skim milk
9:30pm: Flank steak, 2 baked potatoes with sriracha hot sauce

Usually wake up in middle of the night to piss and have a scoop of protein powder or a spoonful of peanut butter

shizz702
10-20-08, 8:26 pm
Training and diet look on point diesel!

So you're gonna hit back tonight instead of legs? That's cool you got a good, motivated partner to train with, a good partner is hard to come by, I almost always train alone too.

Kill that back session tonight brotha!

diesel1976
10-20-08, 10:56 pm
Kept on track with all the goals I wanted to hit and exceeded my goals on the rack pulls.
Got the 675 for 4 and did the dropback set with 405 and got 18. Was pretty psyched about it. Also did a dropback 4th set on the hammer underhand row with 105 on each arm for 25, Man did that get the pump going for the rest of the workout.

Gonna fill up on steak burrito now.

diesel1976
10-20-08, 10:58 pm
Training and diet look on point diesel!

So you're gonna hit back tonight instead of legs? That's cool you got a good, motivated partner to train with, a good partner is hard to come by, I almost always train alone too.

Kill that back session tonight brotha!

Yeah going to hit wheels on Wednesday this week. Switched the order just for this week to accomodate my partner's boy. No biggie, it was a great back night. Training as a group went well, nice change of pace, I just got used to having a partner again, ha.

diesel1976
10-20-08, 11:34 pm
Going to hit my light shoulder day tomorrow. Cant have big enough delts in my opinion. Hitting them twice per week, 2-3 times a month seems to be making a difference.

diesel1976
10-21-08, 7:36 pm
This is my optional shoulder day each week or I take it off.* So this is usually my lighter in weight but still high intensity delt day;* I use alot of intensity techniques on this day.* Dropped the ball today with nutrition a little bit, Missed afternoon meal.* Fell asleep, been burnin the candle at both ends for awhile with work and training, somethin's gonna give sometimes.* If I cant be honest here, why share with you all.
So here is the plan of assault!
Seated Machine Side Raise trisetted with rear delt flyes on pecdec and Machine shoulder press.* 4 rounds with reps ranging from 30-10.*
Seated side laterals, front raise, bent db raise, wide grip upright row.* 4 rounds of 20-10.
Smith behind the back shrug, Smith front shrug, db shrug:* 3 rounds of 25-15.*
Hammer strength ab machine:* 4 setsx 25-12 (heavy)
Calf Raises on leg press machine with cable stack that is done seated:* 1 x 100 1 x 50* 1 drop set with reps:* 12/15/20 roughly.* Start with stack and drop by 30% each drop.
Should be a massive pump!*
BTW, the cold fall air in Chicago is here with the blustery winds, it makes me feel alive.

shizz702
10-21-08, 7:47 pm
Nice shoulder session you got lined up diesel. And yea you got a point man, something always have to give every now and then. Though we strive to keep everything 100%, we are only human and not perfect. So no hard feelings on missing a meal or what not every now and then. The main thing is just to not make a habit out of it.

And I definitely agree bro, the delts can never get big enough. I think well developed shoulders are one the most aesthetic things a man can gain from training. They really do set off the upper body and give you that broad look.

Strict standing presses have really brought mine out.

Keep up the good work brotha!

diesel1976
10-21-08, 8:02 pm
Nice shoulder session you got lined up diesel. And yea you got a point man, something always have to give every now and then. Though we strive to keep everything 100%, we are only human and not perfect. So no hard feelings on missing a meal or what not every now and then. The main thing is just to not make a habit out of it.

And I definitely agree bro, the delts can never get big enough. I think well developed shoulders are one the most aesthetic things a man can gain from training. They really do set off the upper body and give you that broad look.

Strict standing presses have really brought mine out.

Keep up the good work brotha!

I agree, I really like strict standing presses and often hang cleans followed by a strict standing press.

I have always been obcessed with having huge traps too.

Stay strong and keep up the fight bro!

Brick By Brick
10-21-08, 8:48 pm
Your training looks great, diesel. I commend you for trying a new challenge. Love that jasmine rice, it's a nice change of pace from white and brown all the time.

diesel1976
10-21-08, 9:09 pm
Your training looks great, diesel. I commend you for trying a new challenge. Love that jasmine rice, it's a nice change of pace from white and brown all the time.

I really like the taste of jasmine rice and its glycemic index is so close to brown rice, I use it almost exclusively.

diesel1976
10-21-08, 9:51 pm
Stuck with the program I outlined earlier but really got crazy with calves tonight.

Started with what was planned but added 4 trisets of seated, standing, and donkey calf raises with reps of 30/20/15/12. Walked out of the gym on massively inflated calves.

Strength has really been improving lately. I had a two month layoff in March/April while rehabbing a disc injury and the deads and standing press movements are really coming back fast now. By the end of the year I vow to rack pull over 800 pounds again and be able to clean and press 315x5 again.

Themostocles
10-22-08, 1:43 am
Great training man, consider me along for the ride. -T.

diesel1976
10-22-08, 11:25 pm

diesel

Did this workout that i had planned for Monday night tonight. Went as planned, got a great pump going, kept rest intervals pretty short. I went the Kid went.

shizz702
10-22-08, 11:27 pm
Damn that was one hell of a leg session diesel!

diesel1976
10-22-08, 11:34 pm
Damn that was one hell of a leg session diesel!

Thanks, I am a man that goes to excess in many areas of my life, and sometimes I get crazy with the workouts, but I like it that way!

shizz702
10-22-08, 11:38 pm
Thanks, I am a man that goes to excess in many areas of my life, and sometimes I get crazy with the workouts, but I like it that way!

Haha man that 100 rep leg press set is some kind of crazy! You must have some awesome endurance!

hardhit71
10-23-08, 12:02 am
100 reps? That's insanity

Brick By Brick
10-23-08, 11:28 am
That's some bonafide hard work there, diesel. Love the heavy walking lunges, and of course, the 100 rep leg press. You crazy bastard.

diesel1976
10-23-08, 8:54 pm
That's some bonafide hard work there, diesel. Love the heavy walking lunges, and of course, the 100 rep leg press. You crazy bastard.

Sometimes on our last set of leg press we start with around 20-24 plates for 20 or whatever we can get and then start dropping 2-4 plates at a time and repping out until we reach 100 total, thats even harder but I barely walk out of the gym after those nights.

diesel1976
10-24-08, 10:33 pm
Worked a 12 hour day today and just got home from the gym, good thing I fed the machine today.

4:30 am : Gdiesels shake
9:00 am: Italian beef and sausage combo with mozz cheese,fries and dr pepper YUM :)
noon: steak,rice and hot sauce with animal pak
4pm break: muscle milk shake in water
6 pm at union station to eat on the train: chicken and shrimp burrito from burrito beach with animal pak

7pm pre: Nitro g, pump, and nox3
During: 40 g waxy maize, 24 oz water and lemonade crystal lite and eaa's
30 minutes: Monster Milk in 20 oz skim milk
Dinner: Nancy's pizza and 1 lb of hot honey bbq wings (its junk but Im an ironworker so I do alot of physical work, so sometimes I load up on some junk! :)

Workout was arms: Trained alone tonight, kept most rest periods to 45 seconds or less.

Machine preacher curls: 4 sets x 25-9
Tricep pushdowns with vhandle: 4 setsx 30-8

DB curls: Up the Rack nonstop: 35's/45's/55's/65's by 5 at the top. did this twice Pump was kickin hard after this

Lying long bar skull krushers: 95x15 135x15 185x10 225x10 275x6 315x3 (tried for first time) I was happy as a pig in shit with this

Low cable rope curls: 90 x 20 stack x 2 sets to failure
Overhead rope curl: 115x20 135lb db:12 150lb db for 2 sets of 10 and 7

Hanging Leg raise abs: 3 sets of 25/19/15 with 30 second rests

Brick By Brick
10-24-08, 10:58 pm
Very impressive, diesel. It's no joke lifting like that after a 12 hour work day. The skull crushers were fierce, I ain't kidding.

diesel1976
10-24-08, 11:02 pm
Very impressive, diesel. It's no joke lifting like that after a 12 hour work day. The skull crushers were fierce, I ain't kidding.

My tris and delts are almost mutant strong by genetics. I love skulls and close grips and the day I did 315 for skulls finally came. Next time I do it Ill have my partner get some pics to post because I know it sounds unbelievable. Thanks for the kind words and inspiration brick.

Themostocles
10-25-08, 1:49 pm
My tris and delts are almost mutant strong by genetics. I love skulls and close grips and the day I did 315 for skulls finally came. Next time I do it Ill have my partner get some pics to post because I know it sounds unbelievable. Thanks for the kind words and inspiration brick.

FREAK! LOL, wish I had those kinds of genetics. Would love to see a video of it. -T.

diesel1976
10-25-08, 6:13 pm
FREAK! LOL, wish I had those kinds of genetics. Would love to see a video of it. -T.

If I take a short vid on my digital camera T., could I post it online like you can with pics off digital cameras? I wouldnt mind catching it on camera. Be weird to see from the outside looking in!

Themostocles
10-25-08, 6:16 pm
If I take a short vid on my digital camera T., could I post it online like you can with pics off digital cameras? I wouldnt mind catching it on camera. Be weird to see from the outside looking in!

Ya. Like if you have a photobucket account you can load video as well as pictures and post the link. -T.

shizz702
10-25-08, 6:27 pm
Fucking awesome gun session there diesel! Man 315 on the skull crushers, I don't even know what to say other than that's the heaviest I've ever seen someone go on them! Talk about freaky! Good work brother!

And yea if you got a digital camera where you can make vids, you can just plug the camera into your computer to upload them, then go to photobucket.com to create a free account and you can put them on there, and post the links here.

T o m m Y
10-25-08, 7:30 pm
Strong.......

diesel1976
10-25-08, 9:59 pm
Strong.......

Worked today, so no football.
Hit delts and calves again with the Kid tonight.

Looked like this...

Single arm behind the back cable side raise: 25x35 reps 40x20 60x 12 80x6 + 3 half reps
Standing crucifix high cable rear delts: 20x20 30x20 40x10 by 2 sets
Seated one arm db side raise: 30x20 45x15 Drop Set: ( 80x5 fairly clean 45x12 30x12 20x15)
Seated machine side raise compounded with rear delts on pecdek: 3 sets each x 20-10

Angled calf sled: 2 straight sets of 50/25 1 drop set: 12/15/25

Got the best pump of the three delt workouts I did this week. Felt swole!

Ate good today, feel good, like Im growing and getting hard.

Be Well

shizz702
10-25-08, 10:15 pm
Killing shit as usual diesel! Like what I'm seeing here and glad your training is going well for you!

Brick By Brick
10-25-08, 10:20 pm
Nice session, diesel, looks very strong. Keep up the good work.

diesel1976
10-26-08, 4:12 am
Up an hour early today, gotta leave for work to jump a tower crane at 4:30am. Sharing some thoughts before I hit the bricks again today. 2 months of 7 day weeks at work, save for the occasional rainout, whew. This is the last one, start a regular 5 ten hour day schedule Monday.

Today as I was 40 stories up on a new 80 story skyscraper being built in the windy city, I looked down from the beam I was perched on and noticed how small everyone looks from 500 feet up. No distinguishing characteristics, no differences visible to the naked eye and noticibly lacking in the hustle and bustle of a normal weekday until after noon. The normal people are sleeping off the clubbing from the night before and I am 6 hours into an overtime saturday with some hard training planned for the night. It takes a special breed to do what all we animals do and for that I salute all you fellow iron warriors, whatever your level, your goals, or your sport. You unique individuals put the hustle into this world and keep it moving freaks, every day is a new chance to be a bigger, better, stronger you and we must never forget that.

I am going to smash wheels tonight after I get home and refuel properly. Post it up later.

Vaze_06
10-26-08, 8:46 am
where are The Numbers??!

Themostocles
10-26-08, 9:17 am
Up an hour early today, gotta leave for work to jump a tower crane at 4:30am. Sharing some thoughts before I hit the bricks again today. 2 months of 7 day weeks at work, save for the occasional rainout, whew. This is the last one, start a regular 5 ten hour day schedule Monday.

Today as I was 40 stories up on a new 80 story skyscraper being built in the windy city, I looked down from the beam I was perched on and noticed how small everyone looks from 500 feet up. No distinguishing characteristics, no differences visible to the naked eye and noticibly lacking in the hustle and bustle of a normal weekday until after noon. The normal people are sleeping off the clubbing from the night before and I am 6 hours into an overtime saturday with some hard training planned for the night. It takes a special breed to do what all we animals do and for that I salute all you fellow iron warriors, whatever your level, your goals, or your sport. You unique individuals put the hustle into this world and keep it moving freaks, every day is a new chance to be a bigger, better, stronger you and we must never forget that.

I am going to smash wheels tonight after I get home and refuel properly. Post it up later.

I work nights and drive into work the same time the clubbers and partiers are hitting the scene. You can look over as you drive and see a completely different mentality just as they sit in the car next to you. I get off work and go to the gym where people still nurse hangovers and drink coffee while talking about the night before. They give me looks when my weights hitting the floor disturb their talking. Great write up Diesel. -T.

diesel1976
10-26-08, 2:32 pm
Im off work earlier than expected!!! Winds were 40-50mph gusting so it was unsafe to jump the crane today. On my way to hit the wheels and Im jacked! update the workout when I return!

T o m m Y
10-26-08, 2:47 pm

haha hell yea man i hear ya on the crazy hrs!!

i was doing 7 days a wk 12hrs a day for a lil bit,that was fn rough lol,same with you only day off was a rain out lol..from the sounds of it are you a ironworker?

Brick By Brick
10-26-08, 5:27 pm
Im off work earlier than expected!!! Winds were 40-50mph gusting so it was unsafe to jump the crane today. On my way to hit the wheels and Im jacked! update the workout when I return!
Right on! Kill it, D. We are the chosen few, bud, that's how we do what we do. I love the union guys, the lunchbox and hardhat crowd. Men like yourself built this country.

diesel1976
10-26-08, 6:27 pm
haha hell yea man i hear ya on the crazy hrs!!

i was doing 7 days a wk 12hrs a day for a lil bit,that was fn rough lol,same with you only day off was a rain out lol..from the sounds of it are you a ironworker?

Yes I am an ironworker for local 1 in Chicago. Are you a tradesman too?

shizz702
10-26-08, 6:35 pm

Great post diesel! Man I got the utmost respect for brother! 7 day work weeks doing that kind of hard labor and still putting the work in to grow! That is the epitome of discipline and determination!

You are the perfect example that there are now excuses in this game, either you want it or you don't.

I can relate too bro, cause I'm up for work at 3:45 AM everyday, and I see that shit all the time. I put in ten hour days breaking down pallets and throwing cases of beer all day, and all the while get my meals and training down inbetween. We got to do what we got to do.

Glad to hear you're gonna get some days off now, the extra rest will aid in recovery and help you grow even more! Keep it up brotha, you are a true Animal!

diesel1976
10-26-08, 6:39 pm
Right on! Kill it, D. We are the chosen few, bud, that's how we do what we do. I love the union guys, the lunchbox and hardhat crowd. Men like yourself built this country.

Thanks brick, that is definitely part of who I am. The tools we use to push ourselves in the gym can be used in some many of the arenas of our lives. Its pushed me through to being a foreman, its pushed me to work harder at every pursuit in my life, and the lessons Ive learned from the iron, from the gym, from the dedication to eating right can never be taken away or replaced.

LittleMan55
10-26-08, 6:39 pm
You got some strong shoulders bro!

diesel1976
10-26-08, 6:47 pm
Leg Day:

Leg extension superset with lying leg curl: 5 sets x 40-12
Leg Press: 7 sets pyramided up with reps 40-8 with 28 plates on last set
ATG Squat: 225x20 315x20 365x20
DB stiff legged deads: 3x15-10
Single leg curls: 3x12-6
Seated Calf Raise: 5 setsx 50-8

diesel1976
10-26-08, 6:48 pm
You got some strong shoulders bro!

Thanks BS55, I love training them too. One of my favorite sessions.

LittleMan55
10-26-08, 7:00 pm
Leg Day:

Now that is some serious shit right there!!! Making those ATG's look easy...

shizz702
10-26-08, 7:32 pm
Damn bro 365x20 is no joke! I can only imagine how much you could put up if you felt like maxing! Killer session diesel, you'll be feeling that tomorrow!

Brick By Brick
10-26-08, 7:44 pm
Leg Day:

Damn good leg day, D. Way to bring it home.

diesel1976
10-26-08, 8:08 pm
Damn bro 365x20 is no joke! I can only imagine how much you could put up if you felt like maxing! Killer session diesel, you'll be feeling that tomorrow!

I aint gonna lie, that set killed me and felt like it took 4 minutes to complete, but Im glad I made it.

T o m m Y
10-26-08, 8:18 pm
Yes I am an ironworker for local 1 in Chicago. Are you a tradesman too?

hell yeah brotha,im a ironworker as well..

Local 373 in Jersey..

Vaze_06
10-26-08, 8:26 pm

x2! must say u are strong lol

Themostocles
10-27-08, 12:59 am
I aint gonna lie, that set killed me and felt like it took 4 minutes to complete, but Im glad I made it.

LOL, you got it done and that is what matters. -T.

diesel1976
10-27-08, 6:01 pm
hell yeah brotha,im a ironworker as well..

Local 373 in Jersey..

Great to see another ironworker/ironwarrior here

T o m m Y
10-27-08, 6:09 pm
Great to see another ironworker/ironwarrior here

hell yea bro!!

diesel1976
10-27-08, 7:28 pm
Waiting for the train this morning at 4 am, I felt the cold wind blowing by my face through my underarmour cold wear I wear for work and it made me feel alive. I recently got wrath's journey book and I finished reading it on the way in on the train today and it really got me thinking. It got my mind burning with more fire to compete at that mid-Illinois open in April. Its been rattling through my mind for awhile and the fire keeps building and burning hotter. I am 261 right now, I need to take my bodyfat but I can see 4 abs and pretty vascular. I am the big fish in the small pond that is my gym, so I need to step it up and see what I can do. That would mean I have a month and a half or so to keep trying to gain and then start to transfer into diet mode in mid-December. A plan is starting to form in my mind....

diesel1976
10-27-08, 10:15 pm
Pre: pump, beta ala9, nox3, nitro g
During: glycomaize 40g, 20oz water, crystal lite and EAA caps broken into it and shaken up

The Workout:
Flat Bench Barbell: 20, 15 warmup, 2 pyramid warmup sets of 5, then 415 5x5
15 degree db incline press: 1 warmup then 3 x 12-6
30 degree db incline flye: 1x25/ 3x15-7
Dips: bw x 25 +90lbsx12 x 2 sets dropping to bw on last one for a drop set

Hanging Leg Raise: 4x20
Standing Calf Raise: 5 x 50-10

Crushed some food at Portillos afterward.
Half rack of ribs, Italian beef with mozz cheese, fries, large sprite, large shake and piece of chocolate cake.

Felt good and got a good pump, which sometimes I have a hard time getting with chest.

T o m m Y
10-27-08, 10:24 pm
awsome chest session..

DAMN! 415x5!!

Strong as hell brotha!

diesel1976
10-27-08, 10:28 pm
awsome chest session..

DAMN! 415x5!!

Strong as hell brotha!

Thanks, Im really hoping to get it up to 455x5x5 or 3x5 in the near future before the precont diet starts.

Themostocles
10-27-08, 11:46 pm
awsome chest session..

DAMN! 415x5!!

Strong as hell brotha!

x2. And damn I love your taste in food lol. -T.

Brick By Brick
10-28-08, 2:57 am
Solid as can be, big D. I'm jealous of your dining experience and in awe of your training. Great job, bud.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 10:41 am
Got winded out this morning at work so I am home early with 4 hours pay, yay!! Have 2 questions for all you fellow animals out there.

1. I lost the cable that connects my digital camera to my computer to download photos. Where can I find a replacement and is it just a simple usb on one end and a plug in to the camera on the other? I want to start posting some pics or vids of some lifts.

2. Where do you all get your torrent at a reasonable price. My buddy gave me a few servings to try and I want to keep with it because I think I really like it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

T o m m Y
10-28-08, 10:53 am
Got winded out this morning at work so I am home early with 4 hours pay, yay!! Have 2 questions for all you fellow animals out there.

1. I lost the cable that connects my digital camera to my computer to download photos. Where can I find a replacement and is it just a simple usb on one end and a plug in to the camera on the other? I want to start posting some pics or vids of some lifts.

2. Where do you all get your torrent at a reasonable price. My buddy gave me a few servings to try and I want to keep with it because I think I really like it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

lol,we got the day off too,its raining heavy and windy..

What size torrent are you looking to buy?

3.28 or 6lb?

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:04 am
lol,we got the day off too,its raining heavy and windy..

What size torrent are you looking to buy?

3.28 or 6lb?

either one. looks like bodybuilding.com may be the place to go.

T o m m Y
10-28-08, 11:12 am
I found the 3.28 for $29.99 and the 6lb for $49.95..is that better then what you have found?

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:25 am
Ordered 6.1 pounds of cherry from bodybuilding.com so its a done deal.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:27 am
I found the 3.28 for $29.99 and the 6lb for $49.95..is that better then what you have found?

Where did you find that? I ordered for 58 for 6lb. but Ill hit up your place next time.

T o m m Y
10-28-08, 11:27 am
how much they charge you?

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:31 am
Doing shoulders tonight and really want to get 225 x 8 x 5 for hang clean and press tonight.

T o m m Y
10-28-08, 11:45 am
bro,there is no really WANT to get that shit!!

YOU WILLLLLLLLLLL GET THAT SHIT!!!

Themostocles
10-28-08, 11:46 am
You can get a cable for your camera at a best buy or walmart. Just make sure it is compatible with the camera. Different companies use different cable plug sizes. -T.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 12:47 pm
You can get a cable for your camera at a best buy or walmart. Just make sure it is compatible with the camera. Different companies use different cable plug sizes. -T.

Im off work, so Im gonna do it today. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Is starting a photobucket account free and easy?

Themostocles
10-28-08, 12:49 pm
Im off work, so Im gonna do it today. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Is starting a photobucket account free and easy?

Very easy and very free lol. Its the only reason I got one. And uploads are easy and simple as well. -T.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 12:56 pm
Pre: pump, nox3, nitro g, and torrent
Intra: 50 grams waxy maize, 20 oz water and lemonade crystal lite
Post: Torrent, 10oz water/10oz grape juice, nitro g then going to crush some food somewhere yet to be determined.

Workout, delts, traps, biceps

one arm cable side raise: 4 sets 30-8
Hang clean and Press; warmup then 5x5 with 225 or more
Seated side raise: 7 sets of 10 with rests under 35 seconds
Standing front barbell raise: 4 sets 15-8
rear delt machine: 5 sets of 20-6 with under 45 second rests
Hammer strength press: 1 warmup then triple drop set
Db shrugs: 2 sets going up the rack then back down
tricep pushdowns: 3 sets of 20-8
Overhead rope ext. 4 sets of 15-10 with low rest
Close grip bench press: warmup then 5x5

Will update when Im done.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 7:20 pm
Pre: pump, nox3, nitro g, and torrent
Intra: 50 grams waxy maize, 20 oz water and lemonade crystal lite
Post: Torrent, 10oz water/10oz grape juice, nitro g then going to crush some food somewhere yet to be determined.

Workout, delts, traps, biceps

one arm cable side raise: 4 sets 30-8
Hang clean and Press; warmup then 5x5 with 225 or more
Seated side raise: 7 sets of 10 with rests under 35 seconds
Standing front barbell raise: 4 sets 15-8
rear delt machine: 5 sets of 20-6 with under 45 second rests
Hammer strength press: 1 warmup then triple drop set
Db shrugs: 2 sets going up the rack then back down
tricep pushdowns: 3 sets of 20-8
Overhead rope ext. 4 sets of 15-10 with low rest
Close grip bench press: warmup then 5x5

Will update when Im done.

Stuck with the plan, got 245 for the first 5 sets of 5 and 3 more sets of 5 with 225
Only other lift of note was close gripped 365 for 5x5

Ate a double steak burrito at chipotle with my training partner afterward!!

shizz702
10-28-08, 7:27 pm
Stuck with the plan, got 245 for the first 5 sets of 5 and 3 more sets of 5 with 225
Only other lift of note was close gripped 365 for 5x5

Ate a double steak burrito at chipotle with my training partner afterward!!

Good work as usual brother! The clean and press is the best delt exercise there is, bar none! And 365 on the close gip, amazing! You're an inspiration to me bro!

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:35 pm
Link in my sig.
couldnt figure out how to upload vids. Still trying

Themostocles
10-28-08, 11:42 pm
Awesome tatt work, I got several, but I want to get a half sleeve done. Just don't know what I want. I do steel work, but fuck those heights lol. -T.

diesel1976
10-28-08, 11:50 pm
I think two vids I took at home tonight are uploading. Nothing special, but side raises with 80's then dropping down and some curl drop set

diesel1976
10-29-08, 12:05 am
2 vids up, igotta go on diet sooner than I thought

Themostocles
10-29-08, 12:09 am
Damn you're a big son of a bitch. Strong ass shoulder work. BTW, nice Shrek poster in the background, thats hardcore right there lol. -T.

diesel1976
10-29-08, 12:11 am
Damn you're a big son of a bitch. Strong ass shoulder work. BTW, nice Shrek poster in the background, thats hardcore right there lol. -T.

That shrek poster is going in my niece's bedroom for when she stays with me in the near future. Will be replaced by the animal ad posters I ordered, thatll be a little more hardcore, lmao!

Themostocles
10-29-08, 12:15 am
That shrek poster is going in my niece's bedroom for when she stays with me in the near future. Will be replaced by the animal ad posters I ordered, thatll be a little more hardcore, lmao!

You ain't got to lie to me bro. Its ok to dig Shrek, you big softie lol. -T.

Brick By Brick
10-29-08, 1:03 am
Hell of a session, diesel, great job! Photos and vids are kewl, keep em comin.

shizz702
10-29-08, 9:16 am
Man you are jacked brotha! Looking big and strong! Those are some sick tats too! Keep the vids coming man, I'd love to see you hit some heavy squats, presses, and pulls!

diesel1976
10-29-08, 11:14 am
Man you are jacked brotha! Looking big and strong! Those are some sick tats too! Keep the vids coming man, I'd love to see you hit some heavy squats, presses, and pulls!

Those vids were just screwing around in my basement to see if I could even get it to work. They were trial vids.

diesel1976
10-29-08, 3:42 pm
Hey all, its a beautiful fall day in Chicago and I got off early due to a crane swing brake malfunction, so I trained alone today and early. I tried to video my top deadlift weights and my high rep dropdown set but the fuckin camera ran out of batteries after the first vid. Ill post it up anyway and take fresh batts. next time. I was really psyched to train back today, the air is crisp, the sun is out and Im feeling very motivated. The photobucket link is in my sig.

If I intend to do that show in April I am going to have to start dieting now I realize after watching the vids I took last night. I have some fat to lose! So I am setting out to start writing a nutrition plan that is a pre- pre-contest diet. When I get is straight, Ill post it and I welcome any and all opinions and curtiques, Ill also post my bw,bf, and measurements later.

pre: pump, nox3, betala9, nitrog
during: Free sample of volumaize that I got at the gym
Post: betaala9, nitrog, 3 scoops torrent in 24 oz of water.
1 hr post: 8 eggs, half pound of bacon and wheat toast with grape juice

Back:
Wide grip pullups: bwx 12,10,8,6,6
Hammer Strength pullover: 4x 20-10
Hammer Strength Underhand pulldown: 3x15-7
Chest-supptd db rows on inc. bench set at 45 degrees: 4 sets of 15-8 using 90's on last set
Rack Pulls: 225x12 315x8 405x5 495x3 585x1 645x1 705x1 dropback set: 405x20
Hypers: 4 sets
Hanging leg raise compounded with rope crunches: 5 sets of 25-12

Felt good, really liking the torrent post workout! Feel full and pumped longer and I love the cherry flavor.

shizz702
10-29-08, 3:57 pm
Killing it as usual diesel! Man you smoked that rack pull like it was nothing!

diesel1976
10-29-08, 4:13 pm
Killing it as usual diesel! Man you smoked that rack pull like it was nothing!

My camera running out of batts really pissed me the fuck off. I wanted to get the 700 in there and the 405 for 20 sets too. Things go through batteries like water.

Oddly enough seeing vids is making me realize where I need improvement, so its a good tool. I havent trained calves for months until just recently and I need to keep hitting them to get them freaky again, I could see it from the rear dead shot.

diesel1976
10-29-08, 4:26 pm
Starting stats taken today:
BW: 261 Bf: Taken by 3 point method 4 times and averaged results:
chest: 2mm stomach: 17mm rt thigh: 13mm bf%=11
Chest: 50" Arms: 20.75" waist: 33 Thigh: 27.5 Calf: 18

Weekday nutrition Plan:

before work: 3:45am cuts, aminos, nox3 and thyroid supp.
5am: breakfast burrito: 8whites, 2whole, chorizo and cheese in burrito shell with animal pak

9:30 break: 12oz flank steak, 1 cup rice and HOT sauce
11:45 Cuts/nox3
Noon: Repeat break meal

4pm break or before train leaves station: Muscle milk, 3scps in water

6pm: preworkout: animal pump, nox3 (3), pack of nitrog, cuts, betala9
During workout: water and aminos, or 30 grams waxy maize in crystal lite

9pm: 12 oz of chicken or steak, baked potato or sweet potato, brocc or corn with HOT sauce. Animal pak

Mid of nite: Pack of nitro g

1-2 gallons of water or crystal lite daily

shizz702
10-29-08, 4:28 pm
Bro 405x20 is madness! Too bad you didn't get it on vid but it's all good, you'll get it next time. And no doubt I bet you smoked that 700!

And you got impressive stats, freakish size with low body fat to boot. You're gonna do great in the bodybuilding game!

Brick By Brick
10-29-08, 4:38 pm
Hell of a session, D, nice job. Best of luck with the diet, I know you'll get it done.

diesel1976
10-29-08, 10:49 pm
Getting more serious about starting the fat dropping process. Really getting psyched up!
I'm feeling a fire inside me about training that I havent had in awhile. Did bis, calves, abs, and cardio.

Bis:
Machine preacher curl: 4 x 25-8
Db curls: Up the rack and back down: 35/45/65/40/30 max reps on each nonstop
barbell curl: 95 pounds by 4x 10 with 40 sec rest periods

Machine leg press calf raise: 50/25/20/12
Hammer Strength Ab Machine: 4 sets of 20

20 minutes on treadmill at 15% incline at 3.0mph

Nitro g after

16 oz chicken, 1 cup rice and hot sauce one hour later

shizz702
10-29-08, 11:17 pm
Nice 2nd session Diesel! Man after the work you put in earlier I can't believe you went back for more! So are you gonna start cutting?

diesel1976
10-29-08, 11:28 pm
I am going to start cutting slowly right now. Start to do 3-4 cardio sessions per week for 20 minutes and clean up my diet to a point for right now. Basically easing into a full blown precontest run starting in December.

Themostocles
10-30-08, 1:06 am
I am going to start cutting slowly right now. Start to do 3-4 cardio sessions per week for 20 minutes and clean up my diet to a point for right now. Basically easing into a full blown precontest run starting in December.

Sounds like a plan, can't wait to see the progress. -T.

diesel1976
10-30-08, 6:37 pm
Cardio twice in two days...hadnt seen cardio in over a year other than walking the dog. Did it last night. Got up at 3:30 this morning, dusted off the treadmill at home at did 20 minutes after downing a pack of animal cuts. The meat of it was done at 12% incline and 3.5 speed.

I have done alot of thinking the past week about doing the bodybuilding show and Ive come to the conclusion that tomorow's, they never come, gotta live for the now and I could be planning for the next show for the rest of my life. I must live for now, tomorrow isnt guaranteed and prepping for a show is a journey, its life, and its a noble pursuit. I stumbled into my first strongman contest a year after finishing playing college football, I went with a friend and just entered it and did it as a cockstrong farmboy and got hooked and did it for 7 years. Bodybuilding is a different kind of animal because the diet is 24/7 thing and its not just the see food diet I used for strongman. Throw in the cardio, just another thing I didnt have to worry about before. Training fuckin hard is something Ive been doing since I was 12 years old and that will never change...thats the easy part. All these sports are noble pursuits and I am testing my mettle by throwing in my hat in yet another of these sports. It starts today! Time to see what this old man is made of.

This past year I have had one consistent thing, training. I have had alot of bad shit go on in my personal life. I was engaged and that fell through after 6 years, got in some minor trouble with the law acting up after the breakup and shits been harder than I could ever remember. Now is the time to up the ante and focus on somthing harder and nobler,throw myself into this, my entire being and enjoy the journey for every painstaking moment. Out of the ashes and ruins rise the phoenix. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Arms tonight with the Kid:
barbell curls: 5 x 20-6
db curls: 3x 12-6
one arm db preacher curls: 3x15-10
tricep pushdowns: 4x 25-8
Long bar skulls: 4 x 15-5
close grip bench: 3x 12-5
Overhead db ext: 3 x15-8

20 minutes easy cardio.

pre: pump, betala9, nox3, noxplode trial packet, nitrog,cuts
during: Trial packet of volumaize.
post training, precardio: nitrog, nox3 (2), betala9
Post everything: 3.5 scoops torrent followed 30 mins later by 50 g whey isolate

shizz702
10-30-08, 6:45 pm
You're on the right track bro! All you got to do is cut up and you're ready for that show! Like I said you got the size, all you got to do is chisel it down to see all the cuts and striations under there. Best of luck to you on your cut and you know I'll be following along!

diesel1976
10-30-08, 7:02 pm
That size, like Ive seen you post before, came from doing the basic heavy ass movements, training for strongman and the like. We are of the same mind on that, cause it works.
Time to see what is lying underneath.

Gonna try to get a vid of some skulls tonight if I feel strong and Ill update after the workout.

Brick By Brick
10-30-08, 8:47 pm
You have the drive, work ethic, and tools to make it happen. I commend you for taking on a hard new challenge, but I know you'll kill it and have great results. I'm sticking with the clean bulk/one day a week see food diet and strongman, but I know dieting for a bb contest is a flat out bitch. Keep your chin up, bro!

diesel1976
10-30-08, 11:54 pm
You have the drive, work ethic, and tools to make it happen. I commend you for taking on a hard new challenge, but I know you'll kill it and have great results. I'm sticking with the clean bulk/one day a week see food diet and strongman, but I know dieting for a bb contest is a flat out bitch. Keep your chin up, bro!

Thanks brick, its been a really rough year and I figure taking this on will be a great new experience. Keep up your hard training, strongman is one of the hardest sports out there, speed, strength, endurance all at once, doesnt get more physically challenging than that.

Had a pretty good night, followed the workout I posted earlier. Got a set of 275x4 of skullkrushers with a little help on the last one and posted the vid. 315x 13 on close grip bench after that were the only lifts of note.

Part of the reason Im trying my hand at bb is due to my back injury. I have three bulged discs in my lumbars, dont bother me when I dead nowdays but sure do when I squat most of the time. Thought it would give some time to heal, try competing at something new in the process.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 12:04 am
I know its just the beginning, but cardio last nite, this morning, and another low intensity session after arms tonight. Phasing it in to my way of life.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 12:51 am
Training split:

Sunday: Chest/calves/abs
Monday: Legs/abs
Tuesday: Off or light shoulder workout
Wednesday: Back/heavy core (abs,lb, obliques)
Thursday: Heavy Shoulders, traps, tris
Friday: Arms or off
Saturday: Play in football league or off

I was off schedule this week so today I was playing catch up, will get back on track with legs tomorrow

Feeding schedule:
Weekdays:

4 am: Protein shake with oats blended in milk
9am: 12 oz steak or chicken with jasmine rice or baked potato with hot sauce and an animal pak.

Noon: Protein shake mixed in water. Peanut butter

4pm: Homemade steak burrito with rice, cheese and hot salsa

6pm: light protein shake

7:30: nitro-g, nox3, animal pump
7:45-8:45 Train
8:45: nitro-g, 80 grams dextrose/waxy maize mix
9:00: 80 grams protein in milk or water
9:45: Same as 9 am meal.

sleep: 11-4 Sleep on one hour train ride to and from work also

1-2 gallons of water daily

Weekends are a little looser right now. Go out and eat more and usually have one meal over the weekend where I eat a favorite food until I cant move. Usually a ton of Chinese or Italian, or Greek food with a ton of meat!

Take Care Brothers
diesel

This is the split I had been following and diet, here is the revised version with cardio and new diet and supps to use through Jan. 1.

Sunday: first thing-25 minutes cardio
PM: Chest/lt bis/calves
Monday: first thing or post workout-25 mins cardio
PM: Back/ABs
Tuesday: OFF or cardio only
Wednesday: WHEELS! no cardio or light cardio postworkout
Thursday: first thing in am or post workout-25 mins cardio
PM: Delts/traps/calves/abs
Friday: first thing in am or post workout-25 minutes cardio
PM: Arms
Saturday: 20-30 minutes cardio first thing in the morning
PM: OFF

This is my plan to start, if I decide to tweak it Ill post it asap

Nutrition and Supps. to start:

before work: 3:45am cuts, aminos, nox3 and thyroid supp.
5am: breakfast burrito: 8whites, 2whole, chorizo and cheese in burrito shell with animal pak

9:30 break: 12oz flank steak, 1 cup rice and HOT sauce
11:45 Cuts/nox3
Noon: Repeat break meal

4pm break or before train leaves station: Muscle milk, 3scps in water

6pm: preworkout: animal pump, nox3 (3), pack of nitrog, cuts, betala9
During workout: water and aminos, or 30 grams waxy maize in crystal lite
Post: 3 scoops torrent, pack nitrog, betala9(3.5 scoops torrent if I do cardio also)

9pm: 12 oz of chicken or steak, baked potato or sweet potato, brocc or corn with HOT sauce. Animal pak

Mid of nite: Pack of nitro g

1-2 gallons of water or crystal lite daily

Cardio is going to be mostly treadmill using high incline and speed between 3-4 mph.

Goal training lifts before I really have to clamp down on my diet:
Incline Press: 405x6 DB Flye: 115'sx8
Floor Dead: 635x5 Barbell Row 455x6 bwpullupx15
Seated Military Press: 365x4 One arm side raise: 100's x 6 strict Standing Press: 275x1
Leg Press: 30 plates x 15 ATGsquat: 405x20
long bar skulls: 315x6 Close grip bench: 455x3 Overhead db ext: 150x20
Barbell curl: 185x5 DB curl: 80's x 8 DB Hammer curl: 105's x 6

Just a few goals of many but I have insomnia tonight so Im sharing.

scals
10-31-08, 12:56 am
Yo man you got a serious plan of attack here. I just peeped some of your pics and videos. Sick work. You got some awesome ink too. Best of luck with the new goals. No doubt you'll achieve em.

Brick By Brick
10-31-08, 12:57 am
Looks great, diesel. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm excited to see how you do!

diesel1976
10-31-08, 12:59 am
Yo man you got a serious plan of attack here. I just peeped some of your pics and videos. Sick work. You got some awesome ink too. Best of luck with the new goals. No doubt you'll achieve em.

That ink on my right arms and back, chest area has about 12 hours of color to go. Thanks for the support man, means alot.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 1:02 am
Looks great, diesel. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm excited to see how you do!

Thanks again brick for your support. I will do well, turn the negativity of this year into a positive and I am seriously fired up to do it, kinda even enjoying the cardio right now. Im sure that will wear thin, but the Kid is doing it with me or I read Gdiesels diary or a madman or wraths show journal and think alot. Great having you here and if you ever have any strongwoman questions shoot em at me, I met alot of pros and knowledgeable people over the years, so if I can help you take your title, Id love to do it.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 2:50 am
Insomnia has me in its grasp again lately. Its a whacked out feeling thats hard to describe to anyone who has never had it for extended periods of time. The best description is in fight club when he says everything is like a picture of a picture, your never really awake and your never really asleep. A year ago at the height of my personal troubles I had it bad for a few months. Just have it on and off now, not nearly as bad. If I go to sleep now Ill never get up, so for a mild cardio session Im going to go walk the dog and then cook up some breakfast burritos. eggs, cheese, chorizo and hot sauce.

Brick By Brick
10-31-08, 2:54 am
Thanks again brick for your support. I will do well, turn the negativity of this year into a positive and I am seriously fired up to do it, kinda even enjoying the cardio right now. Im sure that will wear thin, but the Kid is doing it with me or I read Gdiesels diary or a madman or wraths show journal and think alot. Great having you here and if you ever have any strongwoman questions shoot em at me, I met alot of pros and knowledgeable people over the years, so if I can help you take your title, Id love to do it.
No problem, you have the basic mass there to do it, just whittle it out, and you're golden. I will have lots of strongwoman questions, so get ready! If you can help me with some video analysis, that would be huge.

Brick By Brick
10-31-08, 2:55 am
Insomnia has me in its grasp again lately. Its a whacked out feeling thats hard to describe to anyone who has never had it for extended periods of time. The best description is in fight club when he says everything is like a picture of a picture, your never really awake and your never really asleep. A year ago at the height of my personal troubles I had it bad for a few months. Just have it on and off now, not nearly as bad. If I go to sleep now Ill never get up, so for a mild cardio session Im going to go walk the dog and then cook up some breakfast burritos. eggs, cheese, chorizo and hot sauce.
That sucks big time. Hope it gets better. I'm a Tylenol PM fan, but generic Benadryl is cheaper, and works pretty good.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 1:57 pm
Standing one arm cable side raise: 4 sets 25-10
Standing 2 arm rear delt: 4x25-10
Seated one arm db side raise: 35x15 (85x 40x 25x )
Rear delt raise: 4 sets of 25-8
Seated Smith Press: 6 sets of 15-4
Wide upright row compound set with Db Shrugs: 4 sets of 20-12
Seated Calf Raise: 5 sets with a triple drop at last
Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets of 20

20 minutes of treadmill: 15%inc at 3.5 spd

Brick By Brick
10-31-08, 2:11 pm
Standing one arm cable side raise: 4 sets 25-10
Standing 2 arm rear delt: 4x25-10
Seated one arm db side raise: 35x15 (85x 40x 25x )
Rear delt raise: 4 sets of 25-8
Seated Smith Press: 6 sets of 15-4
Wide upright row compound set with Db Shrugs: 4 sets of 20-12
Seated Calf Raise: 5 sets with a triple drop at last
Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets of 20

20 minutes of treadmill: 15%inc at 3.5 spd

Tremendous work, D, lots of volume. Great job, bro.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 2:23 pm
Going to do a long walk through the dog park after training too, since its actually warm out today, a little extra cardio for me and the 110 pound golden retriever. :)

Themostocles
10-31-08, 2:26 pm
Going to do a long walk through the dog park after training too, since its actually warm out today, a little extra cardio for me and the 110 pound golden retriever. :)

Thats a big golden. I got 150lb newfoundland/blueheeler mix. Which is great mix gor the hip problems, but you ever had a dog that big try to herd you lol? But I set him on my daughter to keep her in the yard. -T.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 2:36 pm
Tremendous work, D, lots of volume. Great job, bro.

On my way out the door now. Posted the plan so I would have to stick to it. I love shoulders and traps, Ill update anything special when I return.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 2:37 pm
Thats a big golden. I got 150lb newfoundland/blueheeler mix. Which is great mix gor the hip problems, but you ever had a dog that big try to herd you lol? But I set him on my daughter to keep her in the yard. -T.

Hayden wants to grow up to be like his daddy. Hes two. Newfoundlands are cool dogs! Take em swimming to help their hip problems, is what I hear, I cant keep mine out of the river.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 2:42 pm
As an aside, my gym gave away a weeks supply of volumaize by bsn as trial packs, the shit blows. My own concoction I make worked much better as a during workout drink. Just my 2 cents. Off to the gym I go.

Brick By Brick
10-31-08, 3:11 pm
As an aside, my gym gave away a weeks supply of volumaize by bsn as trial packs, the shit blows. My own concoction I make worked much better as a during workout drink. Just my 2 cents. Off to the gym I go.
LOL. I have no love for that company. I'm a big fan of the BigAnt workout drink, I'm gonna do that again today. It worked great for me last night.

shizz702
10-31-08, 3:33 pm
Kill it brotha!

diesel1976
10-31-08, 6:35 pm
Followed the workout I laid out earlier. Only change was went from smith seated press to machine press right at the end because my f**kin elbows hurt so bad from those skulls I taped last night. Might have to reign those back a little. Elbows havent hurt this bad in awhile.

Pretty happy with my db shrugs today. Used 160's for 6 sets of 10-12 with 30-45 seconds rest between each set and made at least ten on each set. Great pumped and full feeling.

Cardio was good, desk girl I kinda like came and talked to me while I did it. Also took freakdog to the park for a 2 mile walk after.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 6:44 pm
As I posted earlier, I got talking to a girl I kinda dig from the gym today while I was doing cardio and she said something that really got me to thinking. We were talking about our lives and such, she is 8 years younger than me, and she said to me, "How can a guy like you be on the market still?" That shit really got me to thinkin. Theres probably a plethora of answers to that question, but I wonder how much boils down to my lack of tolerance for living the life of the typical young single person. I dont drink, do drugs, or enjoy going out to clubs where those are the only things people are doing. Its the last place Id want to meet a woman anyway, but it does seriously limit things. I guess it is what it is, but I guess I needed to think aloud so thanks for bearing with me. I guess Ill keep looking at church and maybe the gym or just give up altogether! lol.

Themostocles
10-31-08, 6:59 pm
Even at the gym it is hard. Most of the girls there smoke. Which having been a smoker, doesn't bother me, but its definitely not something I look for in a woman. I also don't drink, do drugs, or go clubbing. I am very family and work orientated. I don't mind going out and having a good time, but I like to remember it the next day. I just can't seem to find a like minded female that will put up with me lol. -T.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:19 pm
Even at the gym it is hard. Most of the girls there smoke. Which having been a smoker, doesn't bother me, but its definitely not something I look for in a woman. I also don't drink, do drugs, or go clubbing. I am very family and work orientated. I don't mind going out and having a good time, but I like to remember it the next day. I just can't seem to find a like minded female that will put up with me lol. -T.

Nice to know Im not alone T. I just keep my focus on what I know is good for me and let the rest fall into place, hopefully.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:21 pm
Man, watching some reruns of chapelle's show on dvd and laughing my ass off at Tyrone Biggums. "Thats the first time I sucked a dick for crack...and it wouldnt be the last..." LOL! "Can I get cash for this... Igot some errands to run and I dont think Ill make the bank..." Killin me.

shizz702
10-31-08, 7:25 pm
I can relate to you bros, I don't smoke, drink, or club. I lift!

Good work as usual diesel! Hope the elbows heals up soon. Those were some ridiculous skull crushers! Man I can only imagine what you bench with triceps that strong!

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:25 pm
This shit is so funny to me.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:36 pm
My damn elbows are starting to kill me, anyone had success with flex in the past?

shizz702
10-31-08, 7:39 pm
My damn elbows are starting to kill me, anyone had success with flex in the past?

Yea it's good shit bro. If you can afford it I'd say make it a staple of your supplement regime.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:44 pm
Yea it's good shit bro. If you can afford it I'd say make it a staple of your supplement regime.

Ill try it bro. I vid my bench next week. Flat is around 455, inc around 405 for a few and close grip in the 400-450 range.

Themostocles
10-31-08, 7:50 pm

x2. Plenty of omegas help too. -T.

diesel1976
10-31-08, 7:52 pm
x2. Plenty of omegas help too. -T.

That is a great idea too, thanks T.

rob_in_korea
11-01-08, 12:00 am
There seems to be some great things going on in this journey. Thanks for stopping by mine and keep up the great work.

-Rob

diesel1976
11-01-08, 4:45 am
Life is so chaotic. I love the feeling of training, feeling the cold steel, something so concrete, so real, the weight either moves or it doesnt, its beautiful in its simplicity. Cardio, you either do it or you dont, it boils down to you and whether you want it or not. Eating is your 24/7 job, if you really want to accel, you have to be on top of it every minute of every day. There is a simplicity to it, but the desire that has to be there has to come from deep within the individual and no one else can make you do it. You can have a great support system which is necessary for descending into a state of single minded madness. The people on this board are part of that for me, they are a lifeline to share what goes into the day to day grind of this sport we love. And inthis insomnia induced post I thank you for sharing this journey of dedication and desire we all share.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 4:47 am
There seems to be some great things going on in this journey. Thanks for stopping by mine and keep up the great work.

-Rob

I read your journey quite a bit and its pretty impressive with all the gyms you travel to and train in and I find it very interesting and inspiring.

Phil800101
11-01-08, 10:17 am
I like what I see in here, consider me subbed!

diesel1976
11-01-08, 1:07 pm
I like what I see in here, consider me subbed!

Great to have you along Chi-town brotha. Meet you for a killer session in the near future.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 2:16 pm
Going back to starved rock state park area to visit family and hit wheels at Flex gym in Ottawa, I fucking love that place, small, lots of weight, built and run by an ex pipefitter and his wife and good people. I worked there opening the place from 5am to 7 during the week before school in high school and my first year of college and from open to close most every weekend for that same period and helped out when the owners needed a night off. It wa the very beginning of my iron madness. I had worked out at home or at the high school gym from 12-15, then I discovered Flex.

The place was full of comic book looking freaky bodybuilders and guys lifting outrageous amounts of weight, I became fully addicted!! The best part is a couple of the big guys, one from Boston in particular took me under their wings and showed me the right direction: How to train without cheating, how to eat and supplement and man was I inspired. I remember the first day I was there at 15 and I was doing seated rows for back with like the whole stack and was swinging way back to about a 45 degree to the floor and this huge guy DJ came up quietly behind me and put his massive leg behind me where I should be stopping without the swing and I hit his leg and couldnt move the weight, and he looked down, smiled and said you cant swing your way to a big back with a wry grin. That gym and those guys really made me the strongman,powerlifter, powerbodybuilder I am today, they molded a young kid and man has that meant alot to me in saved time. I graduated high school at 17 and I was a rock solid 215 with good lifts, but without those guys helping show me the way and tempering my enthusiasm with some knowledge I might still b e guessing.

Im trying to pass that torch now with the Kid, my new training partner (3 mos.). I had trained alone for the past 7 or 8 years and met the Kid when he was 18 and started coming to the gym I go to. He talked to alot of us bigger guys alot and asked the right questions: how do I train right, eat right, not automatically asking for the magic pill or the secret, He knew it took hard work and wanted to know how to channel it. So I watched him and answered his questions and watched him grow and get stronger, and became good friends with him despite our age difference. I had been away from our gym for about 6 months, 2 months of downtime rehabilitating my lower back and then four months training at home or downtown by my jobsite. When I came back the Kid was 220 and in a training rut, using alot of machines, only doing legs every few weeks and the like. Started talking with him and invited him to train with me that night and he has turned into the best training partner I ever had. Hes the one spotting me in the vid of me doing skulls with 275. Hes gained 5 pounds in 3 months and is keeping me on my toes to keep ahead of him in weight. Trying to get him to do the Mid Illinois with me, hes got great genetics and alot of potential. My point to all of this is, the cycle is coming full circle and Im glad I could do what those guys did for me so many years ago.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 2:17 pm
Pre:

diesel1976
11-01-08, 2:27 pm
Pre: pump, 3 nox3, 3 betaala9, trial packet of noxplode (shit sux,IMO) and nitrog
during: Last sample pack of volumaize, but I am adding some of my own waxy maize and grape juice to it today to see what happens, and opening 3 caps of EAA into it.
Post: 3.5 scoops torrent, 10oz water, 10 oz grape juice, nitro-g and 3 beta ala9
Followed an hour later by a 17 oz T bone, 2 baked potatoes and some corn and asparagus with an animal pak

Wheels:
Leg extensions superset with lying leg curls: 5 sets of each 25-8
Leg Press: (Gonna push these hard today): 6 sets; first 5 sets pyramid in weight and reps from 25-8. Last set: Start with somewhere between 26 and 30 plates depending on how strong I feel, go to failure around 15, drop 4 plates go to failure and repeat until I hit 75-100 reps total.
Walking db lunge: 4 sets down a 70 foot hallway. Try to use 80's
Seated Leg curl: 3 sets of 15-6
Unilateral leg curl: 2 sets of 12
DB stiff legged deads: 3 sets of max reps with 150's

Thats the plan, Ill get back to yall with the results

scals
11-01-08, 2:37 pm
Very solid leg day diesel. Great leg pressing. It's always fun to go back to where it all began.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 2:47 pm
Very solid leg day diesel. Great leg pressing. It's always fun to go back to where it all began.

Thanks scals. This board and people like you are a great motivation to me.

Forgot to add earlier, got 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill again. Trying to lose the fat slowly so I dont burn up much muscle.

Yeah, I am really nailing the leg presses hard most of the time. I am still having trouble squatting after the back injury. I am only doing it once a month right now and not very heavy, doing them towards the end, not really going any higher than 365 and trying to rep the shit out of them when I do them. Trying to make up for it the other weeks with using alot of different intensity techniques on the leg press and walking lunges. Id love to see 29 or 30" legs again.

Themostocles
11-01-08, 2:50 pm
not really going any higher than 365 and trying to rep the shit out of them when I do them.

His version of light is more than my max lol. You get the back back to where you need it to be. And way to pass on knowledge to the Kid, the younger guns appreciate it. -T.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 2:56 pm
His version of light is more than my max lol. You get the back back to where you need it to be. And way to pass on knowledge to the Kid, the younger guns appreciate it. -T.

It has been just as great for me having an enthusiastic training partner that will do my workouts with me and really understands how to spot right and make me do most of the work on those last two or three reps.

Brick By Brick
11-01-08, 3:17 pm
Your plan for today looks great, d, very ambitious. I'm excited to see the results when you're done.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 3:25 pm
Your plan for today looks great, d, very ambitious. I'm excited to see the results when you're done.

Hitting it at 4pm cst. Meeting my boy Doug, from Boston, my original training partner thereto hitwheels with him. I am jacked.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 9:46 pm
Followed the plan outlined earlier for wheels, did cardio, then went out and ate all you can eat chicken, tortellini and spaghetti with my dad and uncle.

Leg Press went as follows for that final set:
28 plates x 12 to start, 24platesx 14, 20 platesx 20, 16 platesx17, 10 platesx 15, 8 platesx 12.

The lunges I used 80's for all 4 sets.

That leg press set was an absolute killer.

Brick By Brick
11-01-08, 9:52 pm
Followed the plan outlined earlier for wheels, did cardio, then went out and ate all you can eat chicken, tortellini and spaghetti with my dad and uncle.

Leg Press went as follows for that final set:
28 plates x 12 to start, 24platesx 14, 20 platesx 20, 16 platesx17, 10 platesx 15, 8 platesx 12.

The lunges I used 80's for all 4 sets.

That leg press set was an absolute killer.
Incredible session, D. Great job!

shizz702
11-01-08, 9:54 pm
Sounds like you got a good training partner diesel! And he's very fortunate to have you as a mentor.

A good training partner is such a blessing cause so few have the dedication to stick with it, but if you can find someone that does it can really make for some good motivation.

Killer leg session you hit there and glad to see things are going well.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 10:10 pm
Also did 22 minutes of cardio walking on the treadmill post workout. 2.8mph at 9% incline, a little easier than usual but my wheels were fried. Tonight was also my first big meal since I started my diet, which was enjoyable.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 10:12 pm
Incredible session, D. Great job!

Sounds like you got a good training partner diesel! And he's very fortunate to have you as a mentor.

A good training partner is such a blessing cause so few have the dedication to stick with it, but if you can find someone that does it can really make for some good motivation.

Killer leg session you hit there and glad to see things are going well.

Thanks guys, only made 92 reps on that set, the Kid and Doug wouldnt let it die. Im staying at my pops house tonight, but I got a short video of the gym and my calf, lol before my batts died, so Ill try to post it.

diesel1976
11-01-08, 10:26 pm
posted new vid of the free weight area of my original home gym

Vaze_06
11-01-08, 10:41 pm
good work out and some strong number bro
ah and also nice videos!

diesel1976
11-01-08, 10:43 pm
good work out and some strong number bro
ah and also nice videos!

Thanks vaze, good to hear from you, hows things with you?

Vaze_06
11-01-08, 10:50 pm
Thanks vaze, good to hear from you, hows things with you?

that last days have been seriously Fucked up and weird... but still in one piece and patiently waiting to my ass at the gym tomorrow :)

and u?

diesel1976
11-02-08, 12:26 am
that last days have been seriously Fucked up and weird... but still in one piece and patiently waiting to my ass at the gym tomorrow :)

and u?

Been doing alot of thinking lately about everything in life and how fucked up it all gets sometimes, hence some of the weird posts a few days ago, but good altogether. Focusing on my diet and doing that show. You will kill it in the gym tomorrow and feel great.

Vaze_06
11-02-08, 8:38 am
Been doing alot of thinking lately about everything in life and how fucked up it all gets sometimes, hence some of the weird posts a few days ago, but good altogether. Focusing on my diet and doing that show. You will kill it in the gym tomorrow and feel great.

lol... i have been doing it for the past 3/4 of my life. Trying to understand why things are as they are and why people act a certain way. my conclusion is digging to much... Not Good! just try to keep my past as an experience to help me become a better person for the present and future.
U know we got your back for your show ^^

diesel1976
11-02-08, 11:41 am
lol... i have been doing it for the past 3/4 of my life. Trying to understand why things are as they are and why people act a certain way. my conclusion is digging to much... Not Good! just try to keep my past as an experience to help me become a better person for the present and future.
U know we got your back for your show ^^

Thanks for the support, and as far as the past is concerned, your are exactly right.

diesel1976
11-02-08, 12:25 pm
Staying at my pops house still, gonna watch the bears game here today. Its nice being home. Got up and did 25 minutes of cardio (avg. 3.4mph, 13%inc) first thing and hit my old church. Man are my legs sore from yesterday, the cardio helped loosen em up temporarily. I want 29 or 30 inch legs, so gotta get sick with the leg days.

I am a huge football fan, so I love sats and suns in fall. Last night's texas tech win was great. I played through college and I still love to play it, watchit , or fake it on ps3!

I am actually enjoying the cardio so far, believe it or not, it has given me time to read, plan, and think; I'm sure it will get stale. My bw has dropped into the 250's and I feel as if the regular cardio is helping me keep off water weight.

diesel1976
11-02-08, 12:40 pm
Sunday is:
AM: Cardio, did it 25 minutes
PM: Chest/bis/calves *(arms are trained later in the week, so this is a light bi day)
Here is the plan for tonight's workout. (I post it ahead because it makes me accountable to all of you to hit it hard and follow it through in its entirety.)

Incline Barbell Press: 3 light,pyramided warmups x 30-15
5 sets of 5 using 365 (goal)
Flat DB Press: 4 x 12-6
Low incline DB flyes: 3 x 25-6 Last set will be a drop set
Dips: 3 x failure compound set with cable x-over

DB curls: 3 x 15-10
Low cable rope curl: 3x 15-10

Seated Calf Raise: 5 sets x 100-10

Brick By Brick
11-02-08, 12:52 pm
Looks great. Kill it, d. BTW I loved seeing Texas Tech beat the Longhorns. The Red Raiders are my second favorite college team behind my beloved Boise State Broncos. Have a great day, bro.

Vaze_06
11-02-08, 5:40 pm
nice work out, what books are u reading?!

diesel1976
11-02-08, 6:01 pm
Looks great. Kill it, d. BTW I loved seeing Texas Tech beat the Longhorns. The Red Raiders are my second favorite college team behind my beloved Boise State Broncos. Have a great day, bro.

Thanks brick, and that game gave me great joy.

nice work out, what books are u reading?!

Advanced exercise physiolgy for school, mostly, right now, going to buy the new Ken Follett book soon, and occasionally just reading over my training journal.

scals
11-02-08, 6:06 pm
Real solid day diesel. 365 5x5 on incline is awesome work.

Vaze_06
11-02-08, 9:46 pm
Advanced exercise physiolgy for school, mostly, right now, going to buy the new Ken Follett book soon, and occasionally just reading over my training journal.

Nice, i read The Pillars of the Earth but havent checked his others books yet. when u'll finish it, tell me how it was!

diesel1976
11-02-08, 10:24 pm
Nice, i read The Pillars of the Earth but havent checked his others books yet. when u'll finish it, tell me how it was!

I will, plan on buying it tomorrow

diesel1976
11-02-08, 10:39 pm

Some of his older wwII set books are very good. Ill have to check titles when I get home tomorrow, one is called the Jackdaws about female special forces in WWII.

diesel1976
11-03-08, 6:39 pm
Its monday night, that means back and watching football while doing cardio. Cardio is so much more tolerable when watching football.

Back

Wide grip pullups (varying grips a little from set to set) compounded with hammer strength pullovers: 5 sets of max reps of pullups and (25-12).

Hammer strength underhand row: 3x 15-10

Bent row: 4 x 15-8 (going for pr tonight: 405 x 8-10)

Rack Pull, bottom pin: 225x10 315x 8 405x 5 4 more sets x 5 List weights later.

Hypers: 3 sets x 20-8

Hanging Leg Raises: bw x 4 sets of 20

Cardio:
20 minutes on treadmill, 3.5 mph spd, 12-15% grade.

Ill update when I return.

Vaze_06
11-03-08, 6:41 pm
hopefully u dont have a beer in one hand and chips in the other while watching football and doing cardio :P j-k

scals
11-03-08, 6:47 pm
Looking forward to seeing what craziness goes down tonight.

LittleMan55
11-03-08, 7:09 pm
I predict freaky things when that update comes. Checked the pics out on photobucket in your link... You are a huge individual! Nice ink too...

diesel1976
11-03-08, 7:18 pm
hopefully u dont have a beer in one hand and chips in the other while watching football and doing cardio :P j-k

I dont drink, so its gonna be water then torrent afterward lol!

Looking forward to seeing what craziness goes down tonight.

Reading about your back day helped get my psyched.

I predict freaky things when that update comes. Checked the pics out on photobucket in your link... You are a huge individual! Nice ink too...

Thanks BS, I leaving for the gym in 20 minutes, update later, hopefully with vids, gotta find some batteries.

scals
11-03-08, 7:36 pm
Reading about your back day helped get my psyched.

Anything I can do to help.

diesel1976
11-03-08, 10:36 pm
Followed the exercises and order I outlined earlier.

pullups-2nd set, strapped 25 pound plate and got 7 which was great for me.

Bent row: last set 405 x 5.5 (Its a start)

Bottom pin dead: Last set: 605 x 1 drop down set: 365 x 20

Those were the highlights.

Took more time between sets tonight to try to get maximum strength on everything.

Felt good and strong tonight, had a pretty good pump going also, especially after the underhand hammer strength machine, it gives such a good stretch.

Did 33 minutes of cardio, lost track of time watching the game. The bulk of the time was done at 3.7 mph and 15% incline. I usually warm into it for the first 5 minutes, go to the training level, and then slow down the last 5 minutes.

pre: pump,cuts, nox3, nitrog, betaala9
during: waxy maize, crystal lite, 24 oz water

diesel1976
11-03-08, 11:27 pm
Feeling antsy, so Im going to do some more cardio with the dog. Going to strap on the ipod, and take a long, brisk walk with the dog then come back and have my flank steak and baked potato. Its like 65 degrees here, unseasonably warm, so might as well enjoy it.

Themostocles
11-04-08, 12:05 am
Feeling antsy, so Im going to do some more cardio with the dog. Going to strap on the ipod, and take a long, brisk walk with the dog then come back and have my flank steak and baked potato. Its like 65 degrees here, unseasonably warm, so might as well enjoy it.

Enjoy the weather, think its suppose to drop wednesday. Great w/o, those rows are insane. -T.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 12:29 am
Thanks for the props on the rows, Ill try to get a vid next week. I have actually done 505 x 6 about 5 years ago when I weighed 285, but I felt this better because I think my form was better. Weather is supposed to drop weds. Do you live in the area?

Themostocles
11-04-08, 12:48 am
Thanks for the props on the rows, Ill try to get a vid next week. I have actually done 505 x 6 about 5 years ago when I weighed 285, but I felt this better because I think my form was better. Weather is supposed to drop weds. Do you live in the area?

No, I am in Kansas City. But I deal with truck drivers, so I spend alot of time on the Weather Channel website lol. Its not a huge drop, upper 40s if I remember right. -T.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 1:37 am
I got to thinking while I was walking my buddy and monster puppy, Hayden. I am excited about prepping for a bodybuilding contest, I hope underneath everything I have some decent muscle bellies and do it right so I make an impact onstage. This may become harder as 3 of my companys upcoming jobs have been indefinitely postponed due to finances, so a large layoff is coming this week, and I may be one of them. Nevertheless, I must remain focused on training and dieting, sometimes the hardest times are the best times, when we truly test our mettle. Ironwork is somewhat slow in Chicago right now, I may have to go back to personal training for awhile, I enjoyed training clients when I did it for 4 years while going through college. Doesnt pay as well but we do what we have to do to keep up the grind and persevere. I think I may get perseverance tattooed on my left forearm as a reminder, that we must all face the hard times and overcome the tough times. Whatever happens I am determined to put my all into doing the show, increasing my strength until the diet really tightens up, and to keep up with the cardio. These are things I can control and cannot be taken away from me, no matter what. Strength in mind, body, and soul are priceless things that our great sport fosters in all of us. It gives us the desire to be the best at whatever we endeavor to do in life, and to all of you animals reading this, dare to be the best, let nothing stand in your way, be strong in the gym, be strong in life, and be the good people I know you all are.

Themostocles
11-04-08, 1:42 am
Way to remain positive brother. Though I truly hope you aren't laid off, best of luck to you. -T.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 1:54 am
I am going to train legs again tomorrow to get back on track with my split. Wheels are supposed to be wednesday, but I may have to take off Weds., so I am going to hit em tomorrow to make sure they get done. They need work to get back to the 29" they used to be, cant afford to miss anything, not one hard pressed, vomit choking back rep. Wheels have taken more work than alot of my bodyparts to get big, I love training them because of the enormous physical and mental challenge it is to go all out. So raise a shaker of torrent and here's cheers to huge tree trunk legs and the road to them!

My plan of attack for tuesday morning:

Legextension/ leg curl supersets: (warmup for the big shit) 5 each x 25-8

Leg Press: 5 pyramid sets with a quadruple drop on last set rep range of 25-10

Hack Squat: (feet close and toward top of pad): 3 sets of 20-12

Walking Lunge: 90's by 2 x till I cant take another step.

unilateral leg curl: 3 x 12-6

Seated Leg curl: 3 x 15-8

No SLDL because I did rack pulls heavy Mon. night.

Cardio: Treadmill for 20 minutes at 3.5spd and 10% grade

pre: pump,cuts,betala9,nox3, nitrog, 1/4 of my in-workout drink
Intra: 50 g waxy maize, EAA, crystal lite, and 24 oz water and ice
40 minutes later: 50 grams whey protein isolate in water

Having trouble sleeping again so I posted the plan early.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 2:24 am
Gonna fuck up my calves tomorrow also:

Seated Calf Raise: 5 x 100/50/25/15/10

Triset of Standing Calf, angled calf sled, and donkey machine: 4 x 25-12

Seeing some vascularity in them, so Im psyched to kill them more now.

Themostocles
11-04-08, 2:26 am
I almost feel sorry for your legs, almost... -T.

The Sun
11-04-08, 2:44 am
I just sat here reading your whole journey thread so far and you are a fucking ANIMAL man, I mean your tri's are stronger than my legs, WTF! freak!

great job, as T- said, I almost feel sorry for your legs, almost.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 2:49 am
I just sat here reading your whole journey thread so far and you are a fucking ANIMAL man, I mean your tri's are stronger than my legs, WTF! freak!

great job, as T- said, I almost feel sorry for your legs, almost.

Thanks brother. I appreciate the kind words and support. I hope you enjoyed the read and the vids. Going to post some more vids tomorrow after legs.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 3:17 am
29" legs and 20" calves here I Come!

Brick By Brick
11-04-08, 3:22 am
Great job on the rows - I'm excited to see the results of leg day. Your training looks awesome!

diesel1976
11-04-08, 3:27 am
I was wondering if any of the rest of you find that your legs grow bigger, faster with higher reps, say in the 15-25 range or even more extreme. My legs and calves definitely respond best to this kind of rep range and training, which leads me to train them differently from the powerbuilding I use on the rest of my muscle groups. I was wondering if this was an anomoly or if anyone else responds the same.

Themostocles
11-04-08, 3:30 am
I was wondering if any of the rest of you find that your legs grow bigger, faster with higher reps, say in the 15-25 range or even more extreme. My legs and calves definitely respond best to this kind of rep range and training, which leads me to train them differently from the powerbuilding I use on the rest of my muscle groups. I was wondering if this was an anomoly or if anyone else responds the same.

A guy I lift with occassionaly is like that. But he is high volume on everything. Check out Hola Bola's thread on here. He has about as freaky quads as you could possibly want. -T.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 3:30 am
Great job on the rows - I'm excited to see the results of leg day. Your training looks awesome!

Thanks brick, I felt great on those rows tonight. I got some batteries on the way home tonight, so Im going to try to video the leg press heavy drop set tomorrow and post it on photbucket. Its been good for me to video different things so I can see my own form and curtique it.

rob_in_korea
11-04-08, 3:48 am
Outstanding workouts diesel. You are really moving some massive weight around....impressive.

-Rob

diesel1976
11-04-08, 4:12 am
Outstanding workouts diesel. You are really moving some massive weight around....impressive.

-Rob

Thanks for the kind words.

From the notebook to the journey, strength goals by Jan 1 on some main lifts:

Rack pull: 2nd pin-765 1 st pin: 675 Floor: 675
Pullups: +45 x 12
Incline bb press: 405 x8
Flat db press: 150 x 12
Seated Military Press: 315 x 10
Seated side raise: 2 arm-60's x 10 1arm-100's x 8
Leg Press: 30 plates x 20
ATG squat: 405 x 20
SLDL (db): 150's x 20
barbell curl: 185 x 5
Close grip bench: 455 x 5
Long bar skulls: 315 x 4 if it doesnt destroy my elbows

Hopefully now that I put them up here, Im gonna feel more push to make it happen and get it on video when they do happen.

T o m m Y
11-04-08, 6:47 am

Hopefully now that I put them up here, Im gonna feel more push to make it happen and get it on video when they do happen.

awsome goals man,you will def reach them no doubt,your a animal...

Psycho77
11-04-08, 6:58 am
First time visitor to this journey.........awesome.............what a journey it is! I got jacked and pumped just reading your workouts bro. Your vids are cool. You're huge.......a real freak. Great work there bro. I'd be happy to get a fraction of what you achieved thus far.
Those goals are easy for an ANIMAL such as yourself. I'm subbbed!

shizz702
11-04-08, 7:58 am
I got to thinking while I was walking my buddy and monster puppy, Hayden. I am excited about prepping for a bodybuilding contest, I hope underneath everything I have some decent muscle bellies and do it right so I make an impact onstage. This may become harder as 3 of my companys upcoming jobs have been indefinitely postponed due to finances, so a large layoff is coming this week, and I may be one of them. Nevertheless, I must remain focused on training and dieting, sometimes the hardest times are the best times, when we truly test our mettle. Ironwork is somewhat slow in Chicago right now, I may have to go back to personal training for awhile, I enjoyed training clients when I did it for 4 years while going through college. Doesnt pay as well but we do what we have to do to keep up the grind and persevere. I think I may get perseverance tattooed on my left forearm as a reminder, that we must all face the hard times and overcome the tough times. Whatever happens I am determined to put my all into doing the show, increasing my strength until the diet really tightens up, and to keep up with the cardio. These are things I can control and cannot be taken away from me, no matter what. Strength in mind, body, and soul are priceless things that our great sport fosters in all of us. It gives us the desire to be the best at whatever we endeavor to do in life, and to all of you animals reading this, dare to be the best, let nothing stand in your way, be strong in the gym, be strong in life, and be the good people I know you all are.

I commend you for your attitude bro. Always got to stay focused and maintain a positive attitude no matter how hard times get. You got everything in check and no doubt you are gonna kill that show!

I am going to train legs again tomorrow to get back on track with my split. Wheels are supposed to be wednesday, but I may have to take off Weds., so I am going to hit em tomorrow to make sure they get done. They need work to get back to the 29" they used to be, cant afford to miss anything, not one hard pressed, vomit choking back rep. Wheels have taken more work than alot of my bodyparts to get big, I love training them because of the enormous physical and mental challenge it is to go all out. So raise a shaker of torrent and here's cheers to huge tree trunk legs and the road to them!

My plan of attack for tuesday morning:

Legextension/ leg curl supersets: (warmup for the big shit) 5 each x 25-8

Leg Press: 5 pyramid sets with a quadruple drop on last set rep range of 25-10

Hack Squat: (feet close and toward top of pad): 3 sets of 20-12

Walking Lunge: 90's by 2 x till I cant take another step.

unilateral leg curl: 3 x 12-6

Seated Leg curl: 3 x 15-8

No SLDL because I did rack pulls heavy Mon. night.

Cardio: Treadmill for 20 minutes at 3.5spd and 10% grade

pre: pump,cuts,betala9,nox3, nitrog, 1/4 of my in-workout drink
Intra: 50 g waxy maize, EAA, crystal lite, and 24 oz water and ice
40 minutes later: 50 grams whey protein isolate in water

Having trouble sleeping again so I posted the plan early.

Looks like it's gonna be a brutal session!

Solid goals. I know you will get them!

Psycho77
11-04-08, 8:20 am

my quads and hams respond well to 12-15 reps but really heavy

my calves like a 20-25 rep range and very heavy ass weight

Vaze_06
11-04-08, 9:39 pm
where are the numbers of that crazy leg's day!?!?!
and u have some nice goals! u better videotape the ATG squat and close grip bench otherwise i aint your friend anymore :P

shizz702
11-04-08, 9:45 pm

My legs seem to grow nicely from low rep, heavy squatting.

You and I both know nothing will make the wheels grow like squats. Be it low or high rep.

diesel1976
11-04-08, 9:52 pm
where are the numbers of that crazy leg's day!?!?!
and u have some nice goals! u better videotape the ATG squat and close grip bench otherwise i aint your friend anymore :P

Just going to go now. Had a terrible day. Ill post those vids when I make those lifts. Hopefully not in the too distant future.

Vaze_06
11-04-08, 10:09 pm
Just going to go now. Had a terrible day. Ill post those vids when I make those lifts. Hopefully not in the too distant future.

sorry to hear about the day, hope shit will get better
no doubt u'll get those number, prolly wont take so much time!

Themostocles
11-04-08, 10:57 pm
otherwise i aint your friend anymore :P

Damn u are mean woman! -T.

diesel1976
11-05-08, 12:14 am
My day sucked to all hell, but ended on a good workout note. Got alot to do tomorrow, I have to look for a new job, call theunion, maybe take a chunk of change out of my money market account, train....figure it all out.

Trained legs as I planned early this morning when I couldnt sleep.

The highlights: 28 plates x 15 on last set of leg press
Did the 90's for the lunges but didnt go as far as I would have liked or did before with the 80's, so it needs some work. Had a great pump in my quads and calves when I left, so it was a success.

Little on edge tonight, feel another all nighter coming, fuck...

Themostocles
11-05-08, 12:16 am
Sorry to hear about the job man. That sucks major goat balls. Great news on the w/o tho, strong ass wheels. -T.

diesel1976
11-05-08, 12:18 am
Sorry to hear about the job man. That sucks major goat balls. Great news on the w/o tho, strong ass wheels. -T.

Yes, it does suck, but ill land on my feet in one of a few ways, just weighing on my mind heavily,which way I want to go.

T o m m Y
11-05-08, 12:22 am
All done with the crane brotha?

diesel1976
11-05-08, 12:28 am
All done with the crane brotha?

The crane is done and the company is grinding to a halt due to the economy. It sux and generals are getting their financing pulled on new buildings. Shit is starting to suck here.

T o m m Y
11-05-08, 12:30 am
The crane is done and the company is grinding to a halt due to the economy. It sux and generals are getting their financing pulled on new buildings. Shit is starting to suck here.

WOW,yeah bro it sucks here too!!

there are 30 guys at the hall,i have been sitting for 2 weeks!

Brick By Brick
11-05-08, 2:32 am
Very nice work on your leg day, D. Sorry to hear about your job, sending best wishes that it all works out for the best.

Psycho77
11-05-08, 3:56 am
My day sucked to all hell, but ended on a good workout note. Got alot to do tomorrow, I have to look for a new job, call theunion, maybe take a chunk of change out of my money market account, train....figure it all out.

Trained legs as I planned early this morning when I couldnt sleep.

The highlights: 28 plates x 15 on last set of leg press
Did the 90's for the lunges but didnt go as far as I would have liked or did before with the 80's, so it needs some work. Had a great pump in my quads and calves when I left, so it was a success.

Little on edge tonight, feel another all nighter coming, fuck...

Solid workout there bro. Good work on a sucky day. Hope everything turns better.

Vaze_06
11-05-08, 8:50 am
Damn u are mean woman! -T.

who's talking!!! u werent suppose to be the heartless one here?!
i love u too T. =]

Hope things will work out Diesel
some strong wheels

shizz702
11-05-08, 9:32 am
Damn D sorry to hear about the job bro. But with your attitude and work experience I'm sure you and your union will work something out, and I know you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Nice wheels session there, and way to get it done regardless of outside forces.

The Sun
11-05-08, 9:37 am
Damn D sorry to hear about the job bro. But with your attitude and work experience I'm sure you and your union will work something out, and I know you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Nice wheels session there, and way to get it done regardless of outside forces.

I second that.

Pizzalamp
11-05-08, 10:29 pm
hey...thanks for stopping by my journey and im gonna sub to yours!

diesel1976
11-06-08, 7:19 pm
I second that.

hey...thanks for stopping by my journey and im gonna sub to yours!

Thanks for the support guys.

Took a day off yesterday to take care of some personal shit. Got back on it in the A.M. today as I am still jobless.

Delts/Traps:

Behind the Ass( like the way Gdiesel phrased it...) cable side raise compounded with standing crucifix rear delt: 3 sets each of 25-10 to warm up and extreme stretch.

Seated One arm db side raise: 40 x 12 warmup. 2 drop sets going 70/40/25 x max reps both times

Reverse PecDek: 4 sets x 20-8

Magnum seated machine press: 4 x 15-5

Wide grip upright row compounded with db shrug: 4 sets each 15-8

One more straight drop set of db shrugs, down the rack. rep till I couldnt move.

Hanging leg raise: 4 x 20

Reversed the order of the exercises a little today. Started the workout in a foul mood and ended it in a happily violent, painful, alive mood after tearing it up and cranking the old hatebreed and pantera on my ipod.

Lifted my spirits for the unemployment office. First time I ever had to do this. Not diggin it but hopefully its short lived.

Gonna train arms later most likely.

Got some shit to share when I come back.

Peace all,

LittleMan55
11-06-08, 7:27 pm
That was one hell of a wo... I can see how it would make you feel better. Great music selection btw!

diesel1976
11-06-08, 7:30 pm
That was one hell of a wo... I can see how it would make you feel better. Great music selection btw!

Glad someone here appreciates the finer tastes in life like old pantera and hatebreed...

Was thinking today when listening that I would like to get perseverance tattooed on my left forearm somewhere..

shizz702
11-06-08, 7:41 pm
Killer session diesel and hell yea man I love Hatebreeds older stuff, perseverance is one of my favorite songs to train to.

I actually have even thought of getting that word tattooed on me, and actually had a custom dash mat made for my car with perseverance written on it.

diesel1976
11-06-08, 7:43 pm
Killer session diesel and hell yea man I love Hatebreeds older stuff, perseverance is one of my favorite songs to train to.

I actually have even thought of getting that word tattooed on me, and actually had a custom dash mat made for my car with perseverance written on it.

I like the dash mat idea... The word perseverance means alot to me, its a way of life, a way of looking at things... sometimes its all ya got.

shizz702
11-06-08, 7:53 pm
I like the dash mat idea... The word perseverance means alot to me, its a way of life, a way of looking at things... sometimes its all ya got.

Yea bro few words say and mean as much as it. And you're right, sometimes it is all you got, and despite obstacles, or setback you got to keep pressing on and moving foward.

Psycho77
11-06-08, 7:54 pm
Glad someone here appreciates the finer tastes in life like old pantera and hatebreed...

Was thinking today when listening that I would like to get perseverance tattooed on my left forearm somewhere..

the tat is a cool idea. but im thinking of getting mine etched on my arm.

diesel1976
11-06-08, 8:12 pm
the tat is a cool idea. but im thinking of getting mine etched on my arm.

Your crazy, thats why I like you....:)

Psycho77
11-06-08, 9:34 pm
Your crazy, thats why I like you....:)

you have no idea man, which is why I want to change my name here to "psycho"

Themostocles
11-07-08, 12:09 am

Grat music and a great w/o, nothing like lifting to some metal, and the kind you can understand the words and not just growling noises. -T.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 12:19 am
Grat music and a great w/o, nothing like lifting to some metal, and the kind you can understand the words and not just growling noises. -T.

Thats why I like hatebreed, pantera, slipknot, stone sour, et al. I can understand the angst and revel in it.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 12:36 am
Lets start with workout 2:
Hit arms, calves, and cardio tonight at xsport, this morning's workout was at Flex back home, had a side job back there.

Superset Hammer strength preacher curl with tricep pushdown: 4 x 25-10 each
Superset low cable rope curls with overhead rope tri ext. 4 x 20-8 each
Superset Alt Db Curls with Overhead DB ext: 3 x 15,15,15

Calf Raise on cable leg press machine: 5 sets: 100-25

Hammer strength ab machine: 4 x 25-12

Treadmill: 3.7mph at 15% incline for 24 minutes

Felt a good pump, cardio was tolerable because of game on nfl network. Good stuff.
Tonight's tunes were more hatebreed, saliva, staind and slipknot.

pre: pump, betaala9, nitro g, nox3
during: waxy maize30 g, crystal lite, bcaa stak and 24 oz water and ice.

Now Ill share my post workout meal experience...

Decided to go out to eat at Chili's with the Kid and his girl, went to the St.Charles one and ran into my ex of 6 years there, she works there part time at nite and is a chemist during the day. We broke off our engagement about a year and 3 months ago and there was alot of awkwardness. The last few months weve been talking like friends again and grabbing a bite now and then. It was cool running into her and she was just getting done so she sat at the bar with us and watched the game and ate. It was a good time but I have to admit I miss her in some ways that became apparent to me tonight. I took alot of things for granted and I guess Im sharing this story to try to spare others the same misfortune. Thanks for letting me rant... and by the way had grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon :)), no fries or pop. This past year has been the weirdest, most inconsistent, and in some ways most consistent, and all in all most brutal year of my life. I think thats why when I heard Perseverance earlier, it really hit home.

Persevere Brothers and Sisters in Iron...

Brick By Brick
11-07-08, 3:09 am
Great training, D. Hugs for D about his girl! Hope things level out for you soon and you get all the good things in life you deserve. Keep hustlin, bro.

Pizzalamp
11-07-08, 9:18 am
damn! i just saw your pix and videos in your link...u are HUGE!!!!!

scals
11-07-08, 11:22 am
Watching the Browns and the Broncos. Man. You should have been dialed in to ESPN. My boys picking up a HUGE win over Maryland last night. I actually got on ESPN 3 times last night since I was sitting with the players on the field.

PS. Great workout too lol.

Psycho77
11-07-08, 11:34 am

X2 there bro. Massive.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 12:12 pm
Great training, D. Hugs for D about his girl! Hope things level out for you soon and you get all the good things in life you deserve. Keep hustlin, bro.

Thanks brick, your a sweetheart.

Thanks Pizza, I do my best. Thanks for checking out my vids bro.

Watching the Browns and the Broncos. Man. You should have been dialed in to ESPN. My boys picking up a HUGE win over Maryland last night. I actually got on ESPN 3 times last night since I was sitting with the players on the field.

PS. Great workout too lol.

Thanks scals, Watched some of va tech game too, good stuff. Thats cool you got on tv.

X2 there bro. Massive.

Thanks MP, thanks for watching, lol.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 12:13 pm
I need to update photobucket with some new stuff, try to do it this weekend.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 1:11 pm
There will always be adversity, pain, despair, and rifts in our existence that make us all, at one time or another, want to throw up our arms and say, Fuck it All. Weve all had these moments, but what separates animals, in the true spirit of the site, is our unwavering ability to persevere, and continue in the face of truly overwhelming odds. Something keeps us going through these times, for me its Faith; faith that I am strong enough, smart enough, tough enough that I can endure the times until they get better, Faith in God (for me, not trying to start religious debate), and in some odd way faith that the iron never changes. Pushing the iron has always remained the same, for 20 years now, weight is always the same weight, the cold bar always feels the same, bare hands or chalked. Training and challenging the weight is something that has gotten me through the best of times and the worst of times...like I said, its consistent...and never giving up, even when shit looks insurmountable, is hard to do sometimes but never lose the faith. Whatever the word means to you, know it will sustain you through anything and so will the iron, whatever your game.

Thanks for enduring my rantings...

All the Best,

Themostocles
11-07-08, 1:16 pm
Faith in yourself is a pillar thats hard to topple. Faith in God is usually easy for some because it requires no proof, but faith in what you can endure and accomplish is something harder to achieve. When you test yourself daily w/ iron or other challenging pursuits, you are more capable when life throws you a curveball. Another great rant Diesel. -T.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 1:19 pm
Being that I am currently off work, I will probably be changing my split to two a days, so Ill update that when I get it figured out.

Going to Hit back/traps this afternoon:

Here it is:

Wide grip Pullups with varying grips: 5 x max reps

Underhand HS pulldowns: 4 x 20-8

Bent row: 3 x 12-6

TBar row: 3 x 15-8

Bottom Pin Rack Pull: 2-3 warmups, then 5 x5 at 545 (goal)

Hypers: 3 x 20-8

Hanging leg raise: bw x 20 x4

Cardio: 25 minutes on treadmill, update speed and incline when I return.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 2:22 pm
Man, I hate being off work. Got a side job for the weekend thankfully. Just found myself sitting and watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, talk about some weird shit. I have too much time on my hands. Off to the Gym1!!

T o m m Y
11-07-08, 2:26 pm
Man, I hate being off work. Got a side job for the weekend thankfully. Just found myself sitting and watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, talk about some weird shit. I have too much time on my hands. Off to the Gym1!!

i hear you bro!!!

im going out of my mind right now,i cant do shit....i just went to the docs,i thought i broke my 2 toes but lucky i didnt,he said i chipped the bone,u can see the lil peice of bone chipped away from the toe on x ray lol...oh welll ima suck it up and shape the hall on monday, i neeed money man!!

diesel1976
11-07-08, 6:24 pm
Waited for the Kid and went later than I had planned but back and cardio went good. Deviated from the plan a little.

Pullups: 8 sets with varying widths of grip for reps of 13-5.

Narrow grip Pulldowns: 5 sets of 15-7

TBar Rows: 4 x 15-8 Last set with 320 pounds

Deadlift: Floor: 4 warmup sets of 8-5. 5 x 5 with 495-545

Hypers: +45 x 4 sets of 20

Hammer Strength Pullover: 3 sets of 15 mostly for stretch, used to do extreme stretching

Cardio: Treadmill-4.0spd, 12% incline for the bulk of it. 22 minutes.

Tweaked my low back a little on last set of deads, nothing terrible, at least I think.

scals
11-07-08, 6:30 pm
Very solid workout diesel. 545 5x is sick. Hope all ya did was tweak a lil. Get some rest and eat up.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 6:33 pm
Very solid workout diesel. 545 5x is sick. Hope all ya did was tweak a lil. Get some rest and eat up.

Me too, I herniated 3 discs years ago at a strongman contest doing a partial with 825. Took a long time to get that rehabbed right. This feels nothing like that though.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 7:30 pm
Been eating clean for 2 weeks or so, minuts the occasional indulgence and doing cardio 5 x per week for 20-25 minutes after working out and I have actually gained 8 pounds. Sometimes I have found eating more clean food does this. Ill try to take some pics or a vid after I charge my batts. so I can get some honest opinions on how I look compared to the beginning.

diesel1976
11-07-08, 7:45 pm
There will always be adversity, pain, despair, and rifts in our existence that make us all, at one time or another, want to throw up our arms and say, Fuck it All. Weve all had these moments, but what separates animals, in the true spirit of the site, is our unwavering ability to persevere, and continue in the face of truly overwhelming odds. Something keeps us going through these times, for me its Faith; faith that I am strong enough, smart enough, tough enough that I can endure the times until they get better, Faith in God (for me, not trying to start religious debate), and in some odd way faith that the iron never changes. Pushing the iron has always remained the same, for 20 years now, weight is always the same weight, the cold bar always feels the same, bare hands or chalked. Training and challenging the weight is something that has gotten me through the best of times and the worst of times...like I said, its consistent...and never giving up, even when shit looks insurmountable, is hard to do sometimes but never lose the faith. Whatever the word means to you, know it will sustain you through anything and so will the iron, whatever your game.

Thanks for enduring my rantings...

All the Best,

edited it

LittleMan55
11-07-08, 7:50 pm
That is one hell of a back day bro! You are a strong dude for sure... 8 pounds in 2 weeks is nice. I think you got it right with the more clean food thing. Always makes me blow up too! Keep doing your thing... Freakville is definately getting a new member, if your not already a citizen there!

shizz702
11-07-08, 7:53 pm
Damn good work diesel! Strong pulling and rowing bro!

Cleaning up your diet and doing all that cardio, but still having gained weight tells me it has got to be lean weight.

How are you looking? Seeing any more veins or cuts?

diesel1976
11-07-08, 7:54 pm
That is one hell of a back day bro! You are a strong dude for sure... 8 pounds in 2 weeks is nice. I think you got it right with the more clean food thing. Always makes me blow up too! Keep doing your thing... Freakville is definately getting a new member, if your not already a citizen there!

Its never really good enough....

Pizzalamp
11-07-08, 8:53 pm
solid back day diesel...very heavy numbers...i saw u did machine pullovers-one of my fav exercises!