PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Length

CreatineAD
10-19-08, 9:50 pm
I have plenty of peak and little length. Anyone have a solution?

eclipsegsx102
10-19-08, 10:01 pm
your genetics determine the shape of your muscles. I had the same problem and i found hammer/pinwheel curls the best for hitting the brachialis muscle under the biceps which gives your arm a bigger look and extends the bicep a little.

CreatineAD
10-19-08, 10:03 pm
your genetics determine the shape of your muscles. I had the same problem and i found hammer/pinwheel curls the best for hitting the brachialis muscle under the biceps which gives your arm a bigger look and extends the bicep a little.

I've been doing hammers, and reverse curls, preachers for 2 months now and gained only a little bit of lenght.

eclipsegsx102
10-19-08, 10:06 pm
maybe your overtraining??? Post up your routine. I saw a huge difference when i cut out a lot of exercises and concentrated on real heavy weights and low reps. Kind Dorian yates style.

CreatineAD
10-19-08, 10:40 pm
maybe your overtraining??? Post up your routine. I saw a huge difference when i cut out a lot of exercises and concentrated on real heavy weights and low reps. Kind Dorian yates style.

Shoulders, Bis,tris, forearms, abs, calves, cardio

Thighs, Calves, abs, cardio

Chest, Back, Abs, Cardio

Rest

Im doin 3 on and 1 off. 3-5 exercises per body part, and 16-20 sets. Its quite a bit but have really thought if im overtraining.

MojoMike36
10-20-08, 4:54 pm
The process of growing your brachi's takes awhile bro. Try heavy hammer curls and reverse curls. Go low reps with slowwww negatives. Keep it heavy weights low reps.

My biceps are the same as yours. I totally dig the peak and length. They actually started looking very pleasing once my triceps started to really round out. Don't get down. Just accept that you've been blessed with tricep dominant arms and roll with bro.

geneticphenom
10-20-08, 5:22 pm
I have plenty of peak and little length. Anyone have a solution?

Lucky you,I have almost no peak,large arms,but little peak,but I say deal with what your genetics give ya

eclipsegsx102
10-20-08, 8:14 pm
Try for a few weeks doing straight( if you cant do straight then do e-z bar inner grip) bb curls 3 sets of 6-8 reps and then finish your arms off with 3 sets of hammer curls 8-10 reps. Doesn't seem like a lot but when you go real heavy with the weights its killer.
My arms have exploded since going this route. For triceps i do 3 sets of skull crushers and then 3-4 sets of rope pull downs and that's it.

mdh84
10-20-08, 9:01 pm
Like some people on here already said, genetics determine the shape of the muscle. You can make them bigger though. Here is a great article by Vinny that explains it a whole lot better than me:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11905&highlight=bicep+myth

CreatineAD
10-20-08, 9:39 pm
[QUOTE=mdh84;537651]Like some people on here already said, genetics determine the shape of the muscle. You can make them bigger though. Here is a great article by Vinny that explains it a whole lot better than me:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11905&highlight=bicep+myth[/QUOTE

Damn Genetics is a battle i can never win.

geneticphenom
10-20-08, 10:18 pm
[QUOTE=mdh84;537651]Like some people on here already said, genetics determine the shape of the muscle. You can make them bigger though. Here is a great article by Vinny that explains it a whole lot better than me:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11905&highlight=bicep+myth[/QUOTE

Damn Genetics is a battle i can never win.

No one can pick genetics man,ya gotta just deal,and always ,ALWAYS focus on improvement!