PDA

View Full Version : Animal is for everyone....

The Landlord
10-19-08, 11:25 pm
Hey guys and gals. I have had something on my mind for months and I now finally have the time to get it started. I really would like to start a thread for all the women/men of competive partners. I want all men and women to know that there is a place in this sport for them even if they do not choose to compete. For me it is knowing that I can still be a great wife and mother and still have a career and at the same time support my husband 100 %. I want people to know that you do not necessarily have to "look the part" or be a trophy wife/husband to be involved with this industry. You just should be yourself and the rest will follow. In the four years that "House" has been involved with bodybuilding it has been a personal rollercoaster for me. But I can say right now I feel so welcomed by everyone. I have come to realize that if I am who I am everyone will take notice and commend me for what I do and not for what I look like. I know that with bodybuilding comes judgement but in what rule book does it say that everyone has to be perfect? So anyway I want to dedicate this thread to everyone who is there behind the scenes and I want to be here to help you all with questions or feelings that you want to share.....If I can just help one couple make it through one competition diet.....I will feel successful!

sanga
10-20-08, 8:00 am
Excellent thread and I totally agree.

I haven`t competed and am nowhere near the same size or in the league of House but we share some things that are unique in many ways and they are this forum, the gym, the drive and ambition to better ourselves and the fact we both have a great woman who is totally supportive in everything we do.

You are indeed special to your husband in every way, the fact you are there for him in all his endeavours, successes, failures, knocks and falls, highs and lows makes things much easier for him and I just know he would say he couldn`t be the same without you as I am in that exact postion, when things all come togther such as winning a show, turning pro or just even getting the diet dialed in correctly and consistant its a joint effort and we feel its us that did it with our wifes or partners rather than on our own.

Great thread.

naturalguy
10-20-08, 8:09 am
The House is lucky to have you in his corner. It's not easy in this crazy sport to find someone so supportive.

The Landlord
10-20-08, 10:30 am
Excellent thread and I totally agree.

I haven`t competed and am nowhere near the same size or in the league of House but we share some things that are unique in many ways and they are this forum, the gym, the drive and ambition to better ourselves and the fact we both have a great woman who is totally supportive in everything we do.

You are indeed special to your husband in every way, the fact you are there for him in all his endeavours, successes, failures, knocks and falls, highs and lows makes things much easier for him and I just know he would say he couldn`t be the same without you as I am in that exact postion, when things all come togther such as winning a show, turning pro or just even getting the diet dialed in correctly and consistant its a joint effort and we feel its us that did it with our wifes or partners rather than on our own.

Great thread.

Thank you! I just want everyone to know that no matter where you stand whether you are a spouse or partner or even a family member that your support is appreciated. But also know that getting to that stage is tough and it will be a bumpy road but that is what I am here for to help others over those humps and to the next one. House and I always say that we are not each other without the other. He makes me, me as well. People say bodybuilding is a one person deal....nope it takes everyone around you to make you who you are.

The Landlord
10-20-08, 10:31 am
The House is lucky to have you in his corner. It's not easy in this crazy sport to find someone so supportive.

Thanks. I am very happy to be where I am. Its not easy sometimes but its always worth it in the end!

B Con
10-20-08, 10:34 am
I think your sig says it the best Landlord, "Behind every strong man is an even stronger woman." Couldn't agree more.

InkdMuscle
10-20-08, 11:08 am
Nice post. Some dont realize the scrafices that are made behind the scenes and at home. My hats of to you Landlord I know with houses training and work and eatting not to mention lil "X" you are right there everystep of the way. (Standing applause). He's one lucky dude. Now I just have to find my own landlord. lol

Lunatic001
10-20-08, 11:11 am
I agree Landlord....House is blessed to have you in his corner. I appreciate my wife more and more each day....she puts up with a lot of stuff and never complains......My hats off to you and my wife and every individual who supports this lifestyle!!!!

Lunatic

Barbenders Babe
10-20-08, 11:17 am
hey girlie, it got your back on this one! i totally agree that this sport takes more than one person to make you reach your goals, that is if you choose to let them. Barbender and i have the same type of relationship. i back his every need and dream of being the best at what he does. i was with him at his strongest and there when he broke his arm (my 1st contest with him) and watching him start all over with therapy lifting only a mop stick. he is back under huge amounts of wt. . . again and i have been there for every lift! the small things to us like preparing ratio meals, making sure gym clothes are clean and ready to pack, stocking up on supps, scheduling "life" around the workouts, understanding their overtraining moods & soreness, cancelling get-togethers because they dont have the energy to move, standing beside him with tired feet while he is talking (for hours sometimes) to a young kid or stanger that approached him, and so on. this lifestyle is special and it takes special people to keep it going. he has been training me for the last couple yrs for figure. didnt make the stage this year but will be ready next yr. i have learned so much from him and he has backed me every moment thru my training and diet. poor guy. . . he is a nicer person when all beat up than i am. i can honestly say, if i didnt have the partner that i have for all this, i probably wouldnt be as dedicated. so for both sides of the training aspect of this thread. . . it takes your other half to be just as supportive and understanding to help you reach your goals. this forum has brought the other halves together and join their own bond. . . to that i thank you all!

RK
10-20-08, 12:51 pm
this is a great thread to give props to everyone behind the scenes holding up the people when there down. For me i owe a lot to my mom for supporting both mine and my dad's addiction to the iron. Even though i know she dreads the day the supplement bill comes in shes there supporting us all the way! I got a lot of respect for anyone that will help someone close them achieve their goals and dreams. keep it up!

RK

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:51 pm
I think your sig says it the best Landlord, "Behind every strong man is an even stronger woman." Couldn't agree more.

Thank you! This isnt easy but somebody has to do it ;)

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:53 pm
[QUOTE=YokdUp;537116]Nice post. Some dont realize the scrafices that are made behind the scenes and at home. My hats of to you Landlord I know with houses training and work and eatting not to mention lil "X" you are right there everystep of the way. (Standing applause). He's one lucky dude. Now I just have to find my own landlord. lol[/QUOTE

I wouldnt exactly call them sacrifices more like just adjustments. We adjust to having a crazy life because we love it and we love each other. I am the lucky one but thank you.

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:54 pm
I agree Landlord....House is blessed to have you in his corner. I appreciate my wife more and more each day....she puts up with a lot of stuff and never complains......My hats off to you and my wife and every individual who supports this lifestyle!!!!

Lunatic

Hey there! Is your wife on here yet? Lol. Tell her to hop on the Forum and help me keep this thread alive. I think it is so important to make sure everyone knows there is a place for them here no matter what part they play.

G Diesel
10-21-08, 12:55 pm
The Landlord is beautiful inside and out, a dedicated mother and she keeps the boys (House and X) in line... We're all lucky to have her as a part of our family. Peace, G

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:55 pm
hey girlie, it got your back on this one! i totally agree that this sport takes more than one person to make you reach your goals, that is if you choose to let them. Barbender and i have the same type of relationship. i back his every need and dream of being the best at what he does. i was with him at his strongest and there when he broke his arm (my 1st contest with him) and watching him start all over with therapy lifting only a mop stick. he is back under huge amounts of wt. . . again and i have been there for every lift! the small things to us like preparing ratio meals, making sure gym clothes are clean and ready to pack, stocking up on supps, scheduling "life" around the workouts, understanding their overtraining moods & soreness, cancelling get-togethers because they dont have the energy to move, standing beside him with tired feet while he is talking (for hours sometimes) to a young kid or stanger that approached him, and so on. this lifestyle is special and it takes special people to keep it going. he has been training me for the last couple yrs for figure. didnt make the stage this year but will be ready next yr. i have learned so much from him and he has backed me every moment thru my training and diet. poor guy. . . he is a nicer person when all beat up than i am. i can honestly say, if i didnt have the partner that i have for all this, i probably wouldnt be as dedicated. so for both sides of the training aspect of this thread. . . it takes your other half to be just as supportive and understanding to help you reach your goals. this forum has brought the other halves together and join their own bond. . . to that i thank you all!

I am sure you can agree with me when I say that it is difficult sometimes and you do go through alot but everything you go through together only makes you stronger! And at the same time it is all worth while when they are actually there on DDay competing.

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:56 pm
this is a great thread to give props to everyone behind the scenes holding up the people when there down. For me i owe a lot to my mom for supporting both mine and my dad's addiction to the iron. Even though i know she dreads the day the supplement bill comes in shes there supporting us all the way! I got a lot of respect for anyone that will help someone close them achieve their goals and dreams. keep it up!

RK

I am glad you give props to your mom! Your support system can be so many people and you might not even realize who they are. It is just nice to know that they are there! Always give credit where credit is due.

The Landlord
10-21-08, 12:58 pm
The Landlord is beautiful inside and out, a dedicated mother and she keeps the boys (House and X) in line... We're all lucky to have her as a part of our family. Peace, G

Aww thanks! That is very sweet! This is my family you definetly got that right! This industry has brought so much to our life good and bad but the good definetly outweighs the bad. The best part is having a family like this one! No matter what city or state House and I are in we have family there!!! God bless G! The Fankhouser's love ya! You have been a blessing to our family as well!

Lunatic001
10-21-08, 1:03 pm
I am glad you give props to your mom! Your support system can be so many people and you might not even realize who they are. It is just nice to know that they are there! Always give credit where credit is due.

I agree, my mother without hesitation, reserves the biggest chicken or steak piece for me and when my brother or dad ask why I get the big piece, she says, "Because he wants to grow and you guys don't"....PRICELESS.....no matter what, she always has BB food ready for me just in case I am dieting......I love my mommy!!!

Brutus_515
10-22-08, 1:47 pm
I really agree with everything heather and everyone else has to say here...when doing my first show i had no idea what to expect and trust me with all the ups and down and bumps in the road it took a few really good people to keep me on track. Not only my wife for not leaving me but she took on the 95% of the baby when our daughter came with 8 weeks left till the show, i really put her through the guantlet I am happy we are still together actually haha....Joe and chaz kept me in the mind set to just keep making progress when i didnt see any and Heather and Erik helped out pretty much the whole time making sure I would cheat on my diet (yeah I remember the cheescake factory haha)...the day of the show I would get messages from them to joe to make sure I started tanning, got yelled at to go lay down and rest...and make sure i get up to eat....I can honestly say I would probably not have went through and done the show if it wasnt for all those folks...they really show what it is about to be in someones corner and the carry the animal lifestyle with them....

thanks!

dd2inxs
10-27-08, 3:21 pm
I've gone on the "Pre-Contest Roller Coaster" with Mr. Dead twice, going on 3 times now. At least it gets easier each time. And each time, I'm getting better at expecting the unexpected. *LOL*

Honey Badger
06-01-12, 12:03 pm
That is right. There are a few people that I know that would support you in this
Take for example my wife. She supports me all the time when we go to the gym
She has my meals ready for me in small container boxes. When Im almost out of
Animal cans she loans me money to buy them . " She is with me when I go to the
gym . So much love. "