PDA

View Full Version : Nutrient Timing: Preferred CHO Pre/Intra/Post

Universal Rep
10-20-08, 2:01 pm
According to the ISSN, for intraworkout, "Glucose, fructose, sucrose and maltodextrin can be used in combination, but large amounts of fructose are not recommended..."

This is repeated in the final conclusions on "nutrient timing" as well--that high GI carbs are useful, but that fructose use should be "minimized".

Avoiding fructose is something I've said for a long time now. Glad both Torrent and Intra-Aid were formulated without fructose. Also, been a big fan of malto/dex combinations post-workout.

J-Dawg
10-21-08, 10:27 am
According to the ISSN, for intraworkout, "Glucose, fructose, sucrose and maltodextrin can be used in combination, but large amounts of fructose are not recommended..."

This is repeated in the final conclusions on "nutrient timing" as well--that high GI carbs are useful, but that fructose use should be "minimized".

Avoiding fructose is something I've said for a long time now. Glad both Torrent and Intra-Aid were formulated without fructose. Also, been a big fan of malto/dex combinations post-workout.

The key with malto/dextro and wazy maize blends is to better balance osmolarity which will allow for glucose to enter the blood stream at a more steady and proficient rate.

sanga
10-21-08, 10:52 am
I`ll be hitting the Torrent / Storm combination once I`m off keto pre/intra/post workout, must get some Intra-aid too.

Whats everyones take on Apple Torrent? I love the Cherry.

joe-yamma
10-21-08, 11:02 am
The key with malto/dextro and wazy maize blends is to better balance osmolarity which will allow for glucose to enter the blood stream at a more steady and proficient rate.J, kickin' science and ka-nowledge.

Reacher34
10-21-08, 11:10 am
I`ll be hitting the Torrent / Storm combination once I`m off keto pre/intra/post workout, must get some Intra-aid too.

Whats everyones take on Apple Torrent? I love the Cherry.

I loved the Cherry too.....then I tried Apple, its awesome.

sanga
10-21-08, 11:23 am
Have you tried mixing the two together?

Reacher34
10-21-08, 2:19 pm
Have you tried mixing the two together?

Only in my dreams, friend.

Universal Rep
10-21-08, 2:28 pm
The key with malto/dextro and wazy maize blends is to better balance osmolarity which will allow for glucose to enter the blood stream at a more steady and proficient rate.

"Osmolarity"--always loved that word and what it means. Def on the money, JD...