PDA

View Full Version : Diet Help PLEASE!!

lbrad24
10-20-08, 4:06 pm
I'm 19, 6'4" 150lbs (i know, very very skinny). I'm was lucky enough to get stuck with shitty genetics so I'm definitely a hardgainer. I'm in college and looking for a good diet to finally be able to gain some weight. I've lifted on and off since I was 14 but didn't start really taking it seriously until about 2 months ago. Past 2+ months I've lifted 5 days/week for at least 2 hours/day. Seen some results but I know with a solid diet in check the results would be a lot better. Any suggestions??

SQUAT or DIE!
10-20-08, 4:09 pm
i prefer the see food diet.. seems to work well for some folks..

eat anything you can get your hands on.... doesnt matter what it is if your a hardgainer, youll need every bit of food to grow..

GJN5002
10-20-08, 4:16 pm
stop lifting for two hours if you are that much of an ectomorph, thats burning way too many calories. I generally dont advocate eating in excess but in your case Id give you a free ticket to the buffet, you are skinny my man. Atlest 1 g of protein per lb other than that dont worry about macro counting, just make sure you get a good array of foods and nutrients every 2-3 hours.

lbrad24
10-20-08, 4:24 pm
stop lifting for two hours if you are that much of an ectomorph, thats burning way too many calories. I generally dont advocate eating in excess but in your case Id give you a free ticket to the buffet, you are skinny my man. Atlest 1 g of protein per lb other than that dont worry about macro counting, just make sure you get a good array of foods and nutrients every 2-3 hours.

i prefer the see food diet.. seems to work well for some folks..

eat anything you can get your hands on.... doesnt matter what it is if your a hardgainer, youll need every bit of food to grow..

so basically eat anything and everything as often as possible?

SQUAT or DIE!
10-20-08, 4:27 pm
so basically eat anything and everything i can get my hands on as often as possible?

every 2-3 hrs, but amke sure you get plenty of protein, minimum 1gram per lb, more is ok..
dont be afraid of junk either, its ok.. but several clean meals a day is always good. if you even begin to feel hungry, eat something. doesnt matter if you ate 45 min ago, eat again.. its the only way to grow..

Dingo
10-20-08, 4:42 pm
my new fav bulking foods:
mcdonalds (i didnt say clean bulk):
1 dble cheese burger, 1 mcchicken patty - put the mcchicken patty in with the double cheeseburger it makes a good sized meat sammich

taco bell:
the new triple steak burrito. like a grilled stufed burrito, with less rice/cheese beans and more steak meat.

also drink 1 glass 8oz or more of milk with each meal.

*edit
and like squat said, avoid that hungry feeling, once you start cramping your body is going to start eating muscle.
otherwise stick to slow burning complex carbs all day long. make sweet potatoes and brown rice your friends. have them at every meal with milk and a good protein source, chicken, steak. eggs are great too scramble them then when they are almost finished cooking toss in whatever leftover meat you have from the night before/meal before.

sanga
10-20-08, 4:59 pm
If I was you I`d go to training section, look at split routines and follow the 3 day week one.

Next I`d go to diet section and follow a weight gain diet,there are loads on there.

lbrad24
10-20-08, 5:05 pm
the only problem with following a diet on there is being able to cook food when all I have access to is a small refrigerator and a microwave.. not to mention a lack of income

Dingo
10-20-08, 5:09 pm
eggs, milk, peanut butter, bread, potatoes.
cheap and microwaveable.
no excuses, only options.

*edit
forgot tuna and cottage cheese

lbrad24
10-20-08, 5:14 pm
not trying to make excuses at all.. i'm more than willing to do anything and everything possible.. jus wanted to throw all the variables out there

Dingo
10-20-08, 5:21 pm
many of us have money issues, especially in this day and time. solid food should come first, followed by a solid workout plan, then comes the icing - the supplements.
getting your diet right will be the hardest thing, Lord knows im still learning - everyday. As far as workouts, everything works for everybody. Its the degree to which they work, combined with your genetics/lack of and your nutrition that determine how fast or slow you make gains and whether or not you keep them. This place, is the best library of accumulated knowledge from average joes and pros the world over. Do your research, to quote "The Man",
"Where the mind goes the body will follow"

Rajati
10-20-08, 6:45 pm
If you're a beginner.. and hell, even if you aren't, why are you liftings two or more hours a day? You should limit yourself to 90 minutes.. if you aren't chugging that PWO shake in 90 minutes, you're doing too much, or resting/socializing for too long.

For a new lifter, I'd tone it down to 90 minute sessions, three times a week, mostly basic movements. Squats, Deads, Presses, Dips, should all be in your split. With a minimal, yet intense split, and a ton of food, you'll pack on mass. Limit your cardio but not your calories.

sanga
10-21-08, 3:23 am
the only problem with following a diet on there is being able to cook food when all I have access to is a small refrigerator and a microwave.. not to mention a lack of income

Ok thats all I have at work, is this at home or at work?

You can make most things in a microwave, I take eggs to work and scramble them and microwave them.

I cook chicken at home but if you can`t then buy it cooked.

Peanut butter sandwiches, whole milk, almonds.

Real Gains in milk.

Beef sandwiches.

There are endless combinations even if you can`t cook.

lbrad24
10-21-08, 1:46 pm
Ok thats all I have at work, is this at home or at work?

You can make most things in a microwave, I take eggs to work and scramble them and microwave them.

I cook chicken at home but if you can`t then buy it cooked.

Peanut butter sandwiches, whole milk, almonds.

Real Gains in milk.

Beef sandwiches.

There are endless combinations even if you can`t cook.

this is in a college dorm. i go home on the weekends so i do my best to load up on leftovers for the week.

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 2:12 pm
Buy chicken breasts in bulk, cook them up on the weekends so you can have them in the fridge all week. And do the same with rice. Theres endless combo's really. You just gotta plan ahead.

stumblin54
10-21-08, 8:47 pm
Do you have a cafeteria and a meal plan or anything like that? That's discussed on here quite often when talking about eating in college, use it to your advantage.

Stumblin

lbrad24
10-23-08, 9:19 pm
Do you have a cafeteria and a meal plan or anything like that? That's discussed on here quite often when talking about eating in college, use it to your advantage.

Stumblin

i do have a meal plan. and i use every bit of it. i'm just trying to find some good ideas for in between meals to complete a strong diet