PDA

View Full Version : 'Sup Peoples

zhr07
10-22-08, 5:41 am
hey, well i justt registered, been visiting this site for the past 3months, and thought i might get some extra help if i posted. so please if theres anyone out ther that could help please do...

this is the situation....

what i eat daily:

Breakfast:
400ml gainer shake (40g protein, 48g carbs), animalpak

2hrs later:
8egg whites 2 slices wholewheat bread, fruit

lunch:
2 chicken breast fillets, 1cup brown rice, snack

2hrs later:
protein and carb shake (42g LOW GI carbs 40g protein), 50g oats

30min prior to training:
pre-training pump mix

after training:
gainer shake

1hr30min later:
2chicken breast fillets, rice

before bed:
protein and carb shake (42g LOW GI carbs 40g protein)

i drink 3-4.5litres of water daily

so basically this is my problem, iv been doing this for 6weeks now, in combination with "schaks 5day-split" on bodybuilding.com, iv made "slight gains" (5-7kgs), is that bad?

sanga
10-22-08, 5:56 am
Welcome to the forum mate.

Ok so you are bulking, yes?

Your gains arn`t bad at all as long as they aren`t fat gains.

I`ve added things to your diet that I would do to boost it some.

Breakfast:
8 egg whole eggs, 2 slices wholewheat bread, fruit, animalpak

2hrs later:
400ml gainer shake (40g protein, 48g carbs) 1 pint whole milk, 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter

lunch:
2 chicken breast fillets, hot sauce or the like, 1cup brown rice, broccoli, green beans, amimalomega

2hrs later:
protein and carb shake (42g LOW GI carbs 40g protein), 100g oats

30min prior to training:
pre-training pump mix

During training Intra-aid or Gatorade/waximaize

after training:
5 scoops Torrent or gainer shake with Gatorade or the like

1hr30min later:
500g minced beef or 8oz steak, rice, broccoli, green beans

before bed:
protein and carb shake (42g LOW GI carbs 40g protein) 1 pint whole milk, 2 tablespoons natural peanut

MojoMike36
10-22-08, 7:15 am
Hows your strength been progressing?

This is probably the most critical question in my mind when addressing diet. If the weights are way up from where they used to be its likely that your body is recomping. Meaning you're gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously. Hence the minimal scale movement.

zhr07
10-22-08, 8:02 am
sanga -> thanks for the eating tips will def try them

MojoMike36 -> well my strenght is steadily increasing

over all though im concerned about my gains, i appear to be loosing body fat yet my stomach area feels huge, i've been off traing for 4 months and started 2months ago, so bodyfat % is rather high (+- 18-20), you think i should continue the bulk, or diet then bulk?

sanga
10-22-08, 8:07 am
Thats a choice only you can make mate, maybe see how you go.

I`d be doing 3 x 30 minute low intensity cardio a week too walking on treadmill.

randombaz
10-22-08, 8:14 am
when people talk of eggs in their diet in the morning, how are you preparing them, does it not matter (i.e. any healthy way - boil, scrammble), what you are actually saying is just somehow get these eggs down you?

quite a lot of eggs. my diet is good but im having to leave the eggs coz im in a rush every morning & not willing to eat 6 eggs at 7am, shame on me

sanga
10-22-08, 8:25 am
when people talk of eggs in their diet in the morning, how are you preparing them, does it not matter (i.e. any healthy way - boil, scrammble), what you are actually saying is just somehow get these eggs down you?

quite a lot of eggs. my diet is good but im having to leave the eggs coz im in a rush every morning & not willing to eat 6 eggs at 7am, shame on me

I scramble mine.

Too much of a rush? I`d crack them into a shaker, beat with a fork then zap in microwave to kill bacteria for 10 seconds then I`d add milk or water and a sccop of whey, beat again and drink, takes all of around 1 minute. No excuses.

I`d rather get up earlier and sit down to a goood breakfast, I don`t have to be at work till 8am, I get up at 6am every morning to prepare food for the day and to have breakfast/shave/shower, its a ritual.

Even at the weekends I get up to eat then if needed go back to bed.

DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!

zhr07
10-22-08, 8:26 am
sanga -> thanks again, actually stardet cardio last night, nothing major, 30min treadmill walk, bout 3km, hoping to get in 3 a week, and gradually increase my distance in the same amount of time

randombaz -> well i've been boiling mine, after a while its not that bad anymore...

also guys, i've just bought a weight belt, think its a good idea to start using it now or wait till i train heavy back weight? cos my core muscle are kinda week, so my back keeps givin me problems. think should strengthen the core first?

never_2_big
10-22-08, 8:39 am
dont neglect your core... they help with all the exercise you do in the gym. try doing most of your sets without the belt but for your heaviest all out sets strap it on just to be safe.

sanga
10-22-08, 8:42 am
sanga -> thanks again, actually stardet cardio last night, nothing major, 30min treadmill walk, bout 3km, hoping to get in 3 a week, and gradually increase my distance in the same amount of time

randombaz -> well i've been boiling mine, after a while its not that bad anymore...

also guys, i've just bought a weight belt, think its a good idea to start using it now or wait till i train heavy back weight? cos my core muscle are kinda week, so my back keeps givin me problems. think should strengthen the core first?

I never use a belt or wraps, I want my stability muscles to get stronger and develop along with the major muscles, I hate using wraps but if I was going for a 1-2 rep PB then I`d use both, in bodybuilding where we are doing higher reps I don`t think they are needed unless you are going very heavy, when I used to wrap my knees I had knee pain, just my opinion and experience.

zhr07
10-22-08, 8:47 am
Thanks again guys, this is the best forum ever, quik and educated responses thanks guys!

GJN5002
10-23-08, 4:25 pm
your saying you put on 11-15 pounds (5-7)kg) on in 6 weeks and you wanna know if that is bad? 5-7kg of what? fat? muscle?water?

T-GUN
10-24-08, 11:29 am
If you are crunched for time you can always pre make your breakfast. You can make oat muffins and egg muffins. just scramble the eggs and add some veggies,put in a muffin pan and bake. then in the morning just nuke it 30 sec's.