PDA

View Full Version : surely this just has not happend to only me

Achilles
10-22-08, 5:02 pm
So fellas, I just don't know what happened .. I hurt my shoulder back in July and it still kind of hurts but I can still lift some. I met a girl around the same time and things are still going great .. I tried to keep lifting but my gains more or less hit the wall and now I want to start training again but I just don't have that spark to hit the weights hard .. what are your thoughts boys ?

Cstlfx
10-22-08, 5:15 pm
You have to hit the gym. Seriously, going to the gym, forcing yourself to go, is like a catalyst. You'll get hooked again and want to keep going.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 5:23 pm
This is an easy one. Ask yourself these following questions.

1. Do you like weight training?
2. Will your girl staple your skin to the floor if you try to go to the gym?
3. Do you have respect for yourself and others on this board as part of your family?
4. Is being "moderately fit" OK?

Answers should be the following and if so, you may be surprised just how much you attack the plates when you are in the "church of iron" once again.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No

You already passed the test before looking at the answers, now go train....

v8ftmfw
10-22-08, 6:46 pm
First WITHOUT THINKING !! you need hit the gym first !!

TylerC
10-22-08, 7:59 pm
you trained with Machine at the Arnold Classic, and now your asking yourself if you have the motivation to keep training?

I would think Machine would have made a bigger impact than this.

Psycho77
10-22-08, 8:10 pm
you trained with Machine at the Arnold Classic, and now your asking yourself if you have the motivation to keep training?

lucky guy, i'd be sparked if I got to workout with anyone from the FORVM

Achilles
10-22-08, 8:29 pm

damn man .. those words just echoed through my soul .. Thanks bro's I know I haven't been the most popular person on here but Ive been going through a lot of changes in my outlook on life ... My goal is to ultimately win a respectable show w/o using steroids but im a classic ectomorph so it makes it twice as hard .. thanks for making the points boys .. and my answers where in that order by the way, hell my girl encourages me to lift .. i don't know if Ive gotten lazy or just jaded

Achilles
10-22-08, 11:30 pm
Machine would tell me to stop being a pussy and fucking train. He'd say forget that you have a girlfriend and don't blow smoke up my ass about not having any motivation .. He'd say something similar to "Your alive boy, that's your motivation to lift" He'd tell me to forget everyone else and train like someone had the super red hawk to my head .. and I didn't know when they where gonna squeeze to better bust ass now. He'd probably finish it with something like "I had triceps surgery and I'm not bitching, Im fucking training" .. dammit I can hear that titans words echoing in my head

hardhit71
10-22-08, 11:50 pm
I've been in the same position bro. Go out and get you some supps to motivate you. Keep it in your mind that you can't let them go to waste. It's motivation man. It works for me.

GJN5002
10-22-08, 11:56 pm
dont just make yourself do it. Sometimes, yea, my ass wants to stay on the couch and eat but you gotta tear it off the couch and get going. but when you are questioning the game you its more tha just getting yourself there. we all know if youre not gonna do it right then dont do it. Think about why you love bodybuilding, think about how it feels and how it make syou feel. Think about how you wil feel as you shrivel away and watch years of hard work disapear in a matter of months. Think about how you will feel when you see some big dude walking down the street and look at yourself. If youre meant to be in the game youl find the motivation, everyone has times in life when youre stressed, busy and you question things, but yo always come back to what you truly love. SO think about it and youll find the answer.

Elite
10-23-08, 12:02 am
Achilles by name, Achilles by nature......

Carpe Diem P.T
10-23-08, 12:54 am
i think your problem is you are setting your goals too big.

Set smaller tiny goals that are attainable.

Goal 1. go to the gym at least 3 times a week

then once u have that done

Goal 2. aim to train a certain way

then

Goal 3. get your diet right

then worry about competing :)

Dingo
10-23-08, 1:03 am
So fellas, I just don't know what happened .. I hurt my shoulder back in July and it still kind of hurts but I can still lift some. I met a girl around the same time and things are still going great .. I tried to keep lifting but my gains more or less hit the wall and now I want to start training again but I just don't have that spark to hit the weights hard .. what are your thoughts boys ?

my initial thought.....
PUSSY!

the gym is where all the bullshit in this life gets put on the back burner to light a fire under your ass. If your so overwhelmed and unmotivated you definitely need to get back in there and drop a gallon of sweat on the floor. If not, just stay home and cuddle on the couch with some ben and jerrys!

ghost
10-23-08, 8:59 am
This is an easy one. Ask yourself these following questions.

1. Do you like weight training?
2. Will your girl staple your skin to the floor if you try to go to the gym?
3. Do you have respect for yourself and others on this board as part of your family?
4. Is being "moderately fit" OK?

Answers should be the following and if so, you may be surprised just how much you attack the plates when you are in the "church of iron" once again.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No

You already passed the test before looking at the answers, now go train....

bingo... words of Wisdom from Pastor Juggz. haha.

widdlewade44
10-23-08, 9:03 am
Machine would tell me to stop being a pussy and fucking train. He'd say forget that you have a girlfriend and don't blow smoke up my ass about not having any motivation .. He'd say something similar to "Your alive boy, that's your motivation to lift" He'd tell me to forget everyone else and train like someone had the super red hawk to my head .. and I didn't know when they where gonna squeeze to better bust ass now. He'd probably finish it with something like "I had triceps surgery and I'm not bitching, Im fucking training" .. dammit I can hear that titans words echoing in my head

Get your head back on straight and get in the gym. Not going to sugarcoat it...get under the bar, NOW!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Brutus_515
10-23-08, 9:09 am
damn man .. those words just echoed through my soul .. Thanks bro's I know I haven't been the most popular person on here but Ive been going through a lot of changes in my outlook on life ... My goal is to ultimately win a respectable show w/o using steroids but im a classic ectomorph so it makes it twice as hard .. thanks for making the points boys .. and my answers where in that order by the way, hell my girl encourages me to lift .. i don't know if Ive gotten lazy or just jaded

Hey man we havent met eye to eye on here too much lately but I dont like hearing anyone having a hard time training. your goals are great go after them its cool you got a supportive girl friend too that will help you shit tons while going after your goals. as for the goal if that is your ultimate goals set some short term goal then build them up and then you will be that much closer. lazy or jaded you are the only person that can answer that....you seem like you have a passion for this lifting weights thing so i doubt your jaded...

Good luck getting back on the horse!...and make sure your shoulder is healthy enough too..you dont want to jump back in to it too fast and jack your shit up more

shizz702
10-23-08, 9:39 am
no need to overanalyze things bro, either you want it or you don't. Excuses aren't going to get you nowhere, you got to make the decision and stick with it. You know what you need to do, but knowing isn't enough, you must apply, and willing ain't enough either, you must do!