PDA

View Full Version : Superset Chest & Back...holy Crap

npeezy
10-23-08, 2:49 pm
So I Went To The Gym Yesterday For Chest....and My Friend Was There Who I Havnt Seen In A While...i Noticed He Went From Incline Db Press To Seated Cable Rows.....chest And Back? Hmmm....thats Old School.....so I Decided To Do The Same Seeing How I Had Back Today Originally, So It Wouldnt Throw Things Off If I Supersetted Them. I Was Also Planning On Putting A Halt On Deadlifts For A Month Or So To Give My Lower Back A Rest So It Would Work Out Perfectly...

This Is How It Went..

Incline Db Press
Barbell Rows
Flat Db Press
Chins
Flat Db Fly
Seated Cable Rows

3 Sets Of Each. Last 2 Taken To Complete Failure Within 8-12 Rep Range.

Holy Shit My Upper Body Was So Pumped Like Never Before. I Woke Up This Morning With Soreness Ive Never Felt, Or At Least Havnt Felt In A Long Long Time.

If Youve Never Done This Before...i Suggest Trying It. Its Intense ;]

mdh84
10-23-08, 3:11 pm
Right on! I just supersetted chest and back last week to change things up, definitely shocks the muscles. Good work man.

sanga
10-23-08, 4:53 pm
I used to do opposites like this all the time as I only had limited time (lunch breaks) at the time to train so trained 3 days a week supersetting two opposing bodyparts, delts I did after legs actually but it works.

Tiny
10-23-08, 8:28 pm
So I Went To The Gym Yesterday For Chest....and My Friend Was There Who I Havnt Seen In A While...i Noticed He Went From Incline Db Press To Seated Cable Rows.....chest And Back? Hmmm....thats Old School.....so I Decided To Do The Same Seeing How I Had Back Today Originally, So It Wouldnt Throw Things Off If I Supersetted Them. I Was Also Planning On Putting A Halt On Deadlifts For A Month Or So To Give My Lower Back A Rest So It Would Work Out Perfectly...

This Is How It Went..

Incline Db Press
Barbell Rows
Flat Db Press
Chins
Flat Db Fly
Seated Cable Rows

3 Sets Of Each. Last 2 Taken To Complete Failure Within 8-12 Rep Range.

Holy Shit My Upper Body Was So Pumped Like Never Before. I Woke Up This Morning With Soreness Ive Never Felt, Or At Least Havnt Felt In A Long Long Time.

If Youve Never Done This Before...i Suggest Trying It. Its Intense ;]

definitely intense, and if you can get away with this then it can be a good approach until you get burned on it. For somebody like myself or Big Al, we just generate to much force and power to get away with such a huge bodypart superset - hell, a lot of people eventually split their legs into a ham day and a quad day (not counting calves) because for some it is too much to do the entire upper leg in the same workout - which in actuality is a superset approach in varying degrees. A lot of guys might discover some amazing stimulation - at least for a period - with this approach.

hardhit71
10-23-08, 8:48 pm
Sounds like it would be intense. I usually try to stick with one main muscle group/day but i'll have to give this a try next week.

npeezy
10-24-08, 12:40 am
definitely intense, and if you can get away with this then it can be a good approach until you get burned on it. For somebody like myself or Big Al, we just generate to much force and power to get away with such a huge bodypart superset - hell, a lot of people eventually split their legs into a ham day and a quad day (not counting calves) because for some it is too much to do the entire upper leg in the same workout - which in actuality is a superset approach in varying degrees. A lot of guys might discover some amazing stimulation - at least for a period - with this approach.

same with me actually....im usually spent after each muscle group to the point where i couldnt possibly do anything else, but this superset actually felt decent. i train very intense and to failure. 1 work set, 2 sets taken to COMPLETE failure with super short rest periods...i definitely wont be sticking to something like (chest and back) this but it was great to change things up.

Beast7897
10-24-08, 9:00 pm
yeah dude the push and pulls are the best kind of workout it is extremely intense when i do chest and back together 2 days later i will hit bis and tris

npeezy
10-25-08, 12:26 pm
yeah dude the push and pulls are the best kind of workout it is extremely intense when i do chest and back together 2 days later i will hit bis and tris

thats actually what i did...chest and back....legs....and today ive got bi/tri...

i cant say im having fun doing this split....but it was def. a good shock to my body...