PDA

View Full Version : Falling off track. . .

TKO
10-23-08, 4:02 pm
Brothers of Iron, I'm writing this post, in hopes that others have been in the same position I am, and can help me with your knowledge of how to get through it.
I find I'm skipping meals, and missing workouts, and as titled, - Falling off track.

What are some things I can do to get back on track? - I need an organizer. A day to day routine to follow, until it becomes habit and natural. -

Do you know of any personal organisers? - Something I can plan my whole week (meals/workouts etc) and have alarms that goes off to alert me of it. I want my pocket to vibrate every 2 hours, flashing the word, "EAT" at me. Flashing the word, "CHEST DAY" - shit like that.

Any help would be appreciated.
-TKO-

js71474
10-23-08, 4:09 pm
This will help no doubt, read through it, take it all in and proceed with your new lease on training. Alot of great info so take your time with it:http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18814

Props to my bro Shizz for this link

Cstlfx
10-23-08, 5:59 pm
Well, my cell allows me to set alarms throughout the whole day. You can try something like that. Or they also have the blackberry, Iphones, and Treos, If you want to do something along those lines. Other than that, I'm not too sure about what else will set off an alarm for you.

InkdMuscle
10-23-08, 6:07 pm
Well, my cell allows me to set alarms throughout the whole day. You can try something like that. Or they also have the blackberry, Iphones, and Treos, If you want to do something along those lines. Other than that, I'm not too sure about what else will set off an alarm for you.

x2. I have one of those phones and i plan everything in my calendar to meals to workouts to training. I havent skipped a beat yet. it has gotten routine to i know what i need to do b4 my message alert prompts me. try that bro.

Universal Rep
10-28-08, 2:42 pm
First, read this thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19988

Next, start your own here: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

You will have to put your practice into words. You will get passengers along for the ride... They will encourage you, challenge you, keep you going... Sometimes, when it's hard to be accountable to yourself, it's a lot easier to be accountable to others. Good luck brother.

Dingo
10-28-08, 5:26 pm
Sometimes, when it's hard to be accountable to yourself, it's a lot easier to be accountable to others. Good luck brother.

so true, im finding this out more and more each day as my wifes pregnancy progresses and she needs my help more and more.
All the household chores are alot easier when i know its not for me.

Tiny
10-28-08, 6:44 pm
Lots of good solid suggestions here and I'm going to add my own 2 cents, a bit of "tough love" maybe but sometimes you just have to get tough with yourself and except no excuses. First ask yourself what you really want - do you truly want this or is it just a passing fancy that really doesn't mean that much to you. If you really want it, then what is stopping you? You are stopping you? That is unacceptable. You are responsible for you, and if you can control nothing else in the entire world, if you are in control of yourself then you control your world. confront the man in the mirror and demand that it is time he steps up and gets in the driver's seat. Get hard, brother, harden up, find your heart and let it drive you - a man does the hard and difficult, he shoulders the weight because it is his lot to do so. You gotta demonstrate - when it would be easy to skip a workout or more convenient to not make time for that next feeding, that in itself is reason enough to choose the more difficult route and do what's inconvenient. Like Nike says, "Just do it." Shoulder the weight, carry the burden, and then you also get to bask in the accolades and take pride in achievement.

Factory
10-28-08, 7:19 pm
what i do is look in the mirrors. if your in great shape it wont help, but self-criticism keeps me on the straight and very fuckin narrow.

k1usa
10-28-08, 8:58 pm
buddy....you are not just a youngster anymore...you should not need a buzzer to tell you to hit the gym...that should come natural...thats if you want it bad enough. This shit aint easy...this we all know...and its not uncommon to fall off the tracks at times...but getting back on...well...that like my quote on getting hit...its from the last Rocky movie and its a dead to rights statement bro....Look....Im not going to chew your ass here...i would rather see you do well here and get back on the fucking track....you have to fine in your heart what you want...either gym....video games....girls....ping pong..what evere you do...its gonna be from your eyes...from what you see in the mirror. So many times we hear and see this on the forum...and dont get me worng...we are here to help...but like I mentioned on the other thread...i see the guy at the gym with one leg...and at times we have to help him up off his ass when he falls off the bench...but he keeps going...and my other friend fighting cancer..but still trains...bro.,,,if you can get up in the morning...feel your legs...piss and hit the center of the toilet....see whats in the frig for the first meal....feel the iron in your hands...well...just to name a few things...if you had just this for a day...not too shabby...just find it bro....its there...but only if you want it...but for sure bro...it aint going to find you...

Cellerator65
10-29-08, 10:41 am
what tiny said... and no one is gonna hold your hand through this journey. If you dont want it bad enough, then dont do it.

I wake up every morning and ask myself if i really want to go to the gym today, if i really want to eat 4000+ cals today.... and i get the same fucking answer... HELL YEAH

Aggression
10-29-08, 12:33 pm
Tough love is the perfect statement for you bro. You shouldn't need a reminder that you have to hit chest on a certain day, you shouldnt have to set an alarm to remind you to eat. I finish eating, look at the clock, and say, ''Ok, its 12:30, I have to eat again at 3:00", when 3 comes around, I eat. You gotta really want it. Maybe take a week off totally and reorganize your priorities. Sik back and think ''do I really want to do this?" Figure out if eating 6-8x/day and lifting 5x/week is something you really want to do ....

Tiny
10-29-08, 4:32 pm
Just like everybody is saying, it's all about how much fight you have in you. This shit ain't for everybody, and many of the folks you see today in the gym won't be there come next year. Life will change, shit is going to happen, but if you ain't a quitter than that is your foundation, that keeps you upright, THAT teaches you one thing you can always count on is your willingness to stand in the face of whatever comes along and not bail on yourself. Of course if it turns out this shit ain't for you - nothing is wrong with that - but if it is in you and you want it then grab it by the throat and never let go.

IRBS
10-29-08, 4:42 pm
Honestly?

You need to stop making excuses and get over yourself. Everybody has hectic lives. Many of us have careers and families but never miss a training session or meal. Stop making excuses and get yourself a little willpower.

I hate these threads, they make me angry.......

wedge
10-29-08, 5:01 pm
If you've fallen off, get back on and keep going.

TKO
10-30-08, 3:59 pm
Gentlemen - If I could thank everyone on this post personally I would. - Your words alone, not the mention the tips, and links, have done there job of motivating me. -
What I got from it was, - Just fuckin' do it. - I'm young, healthy, have access to a great gym, good food, understanding job, - I just need to pull my finger out, quit making excuses. -
Some of the worlds greatest sites to be hold, started with little pieces. Castles, Pyramids, The Taj Mahal - all took years to build. - Little pieces, small goals, one day at a time. One meal at a time. Will one day create, a great work. -

Well thanks again men. - Time to get to it. -

Aggression
10-30-08, 4:16 pm
Gentlemen - If I could thank everyone on this post personally I would. - Your words alone, not the mention the tips, and links, have done there job of motivating me. -
What I got from it was, - Just fuckin' do it. - I'm young, healthy, have access to a great gym, good food, understanding job, - I just need to pull my finger out, quit making excuses. -
Some of the worlds greatest sites to be hold, started with little pieces. Castles, Pyramids, The Taj Mahal - all took years to build. - Little pieces, small goals, one day at a time. One meal at a time. Will one day create, a great work. -

Well thanks again men. - Time to get to it. -

Glad to see that all of our words snapped you out of it. Now get to it!