PDA

View Full Version : Lean meats vs. red meat in dieting

Cellerator65
10-23-08, 4:50 pm
So, i plan on dieting within a few months, just trying to figure everything out before i dive right in.

Is there a benefit of eating chicken/turkey/fish while dieting rather then steak/ground beef apart from just calorie size and fat content?

theharjmann
10-23-08, 5:00 pm
ive never gone on a "proper cut" before so i wouldnt fully know. Then i say "proper cut" i mean a cut for a show.

But from reading up on the forum, there are generally 2 cutting diets....the keto and the carb diet. Keto generally focuses on fats and protein, which in your question would reccomend red meat.

However the carb focused cutting diet would steer well away from red meat.

I suppose it depends on what diet you are following.

Some people mix it up and hit fats and carbs.

Good luck with it bro.

Peace

stumblin54
10-24-08, 12:41 am
Different amino profiles with different meats, each however are great sources of protein. Mix them up so you don't become bored on one particular meat, they all work for dieting down.

Stumblin

On Letting Go
10-24-08, 7:02 am
Agreed. Varying your protein and amino sources is the way to go. Use lean cuts of beef.

simpleguy
10-24-08, 8:52 am
Varying your protein and amino sources is the way to go. Use lean cuts of beef.

x2

Aggression
10-27-08, 4:19 pm
I just came off a 7 week comp-based diet, where I lost 30lbs. I stuck with fish (flounder and tilapia) as well as chicken breast as my main protein sources. I did however throw in red meat occasionally, like a steak or lean ground beef (maybe 3-5 times a week). Theres more fat in the red meat as opposed to chicken and fish, but definitely throw reds in there from time to time.