PDA

View Full Version : Independent Research

Suleiman
10-23-08, 6:30 pm
Hey guys hope is all is fair and well in your game. Am an independent research student and my topic of choice is mind conditioning. Its correlation with the mind and muscle. What many of you know as the mind muscle connection. I hoping many of you fellow brother ens would like to share from your experience and also if you have information on the topic i would appreciate the enlightenment.
Some of the categories are as listed below.
:Story from experience.
:Information(fact and opinions) on the correlation between the mind and body.
:Others
:How can one condition his mind to excel in all he does?
Thank in advance for the input its much appreciated.

Brotta
10-24-08, 1:15 pm
At a wrestling camp i went to they showed us how positive and negative feelings can affect our strength. They showed us by first having us stand with our arms out parallel with the ground and had us think of a very negative though such as a family death.They then pushed down on our arms. For most of us our arms went down fairly easily.Next they had us again with are arms parallel to the ground and had us think of a very positive thought such as winning a tournement. They once again pushed down on our arms but it took much more pressure to move them.

Hoped this helps

Factory
10-24-08, 1:21 pm
Hey guys hope is all is fair and well in your game. Am an independent research student and my topic of choice is mind conditioning. Its correlation with the mind and muscle. What many of you know as the mind muscle connection. I hoping many of you fellow brother ens would like to share from your experience and also if you have information on the topic i would appreciate the enlightenment.
Some of the categories are as listed below.
:Story from experience.
:Information(fact and opinions) on the correlation between the mind and body.
:Others
:How can one condition his mind to excel in all he does?
Thank in advance for the input its much appreciated.

Some days I wake up in the morning and I think to myself "I'm goanna shatter my personal best on deadlift today." I just repeat that all day, and when I finally get to the gym, I believe that I am goanna pull more then I ever have. and it works almost every time I do it.

And when I do legs, if I go really heavy on leg press, to the point where I can barely stand after, right at the beginning of my lift, my mind clears. I don't think about anything, it's just me and the weight. When I'm like that I usually break my personal records.

k1usa
10-24-08, 2:33 pm
I believe when we walk into the gym...its like a transformation...its a rebirth of what we want. The drive comes from deep inside...some drive might be for conditioning...playing a sport...or body building...but the drive...that basic grunt force that keeps us pushing that edge out a bit further each time...thats where the good things happen....for me....its a beast...its a painful inner thing I attach to all the pain....the loss of parents...the loss of family...the emptyness of life at times...the pain of shit that happens...all that is bundeled up into a package for me...and that package is the beast....and how I get even with the feelings that haunt me at times...well...the beast may be faceless...and even without a monster like form...but the fucker comes with a need to be fed...and I feed that bastard pain...its my way of give back to that which gives me pain...its a device that keeps me alive...when I feel that pain...at least I know Im amungst the living. I love to train...Im a happy guy in the gym...always helping others and my sweetheart...but at my age...54...its easy to back off the peddel...its so fast to just sleep in and eat late...its so convincing to just kick back and do shit...but....after a 23 yer lay off from this bb game...i chose to hit it early...wake up the beast at 4:30 am and bring on the game...let it feel my wrath...let it know Im in control here....and the nightmare in which we seem not able to move or scream in...now....its my turn to brake the fucker....and Im able to scream...and move...to me its the gym time where i grunt at the fucken iron...move the bars...chase the beast....Mind and soul....brought together in the face of iron.....and the beast...well....its fed pain....and when the fucker is full...so am I empty of rage....fear....its time to shower...put on my tie and head to work...all smiles....hit my desk....make appointments...live the work day life...and without anyone knowing....what I just did...and when the day is done...back to the gym...for yet another feeding...