PDA

View Full Version : Never going back to the new Universal site again...

Braindrop
10-23-08, 6:45 pm
If anybody knows people in the Universal IT department, please point out to them that having insanely loud clicks all over their new website ensures that anyone who lands on the page with the speakers turned up (like me, say) will never, ever, ever go near it again.

I mentioned it when they had the beta up, but I guess nobody paid attention. Lots of sound effects on your web page went out in about 1999 -- apparently their designer didn't get the message... Maybe they can add some blinky text, or a dancing hamster....

Brutus_515
10-23-08, 6:53 pm
If anybody knows people in the Universal IT department, please point out to them that having insanely loud clicks all over their new website ensures that anyone who lands on the page with the speakers turned up (like me, say) will never, ever, ever go near it again.

I mentioned it when they had the beta up, but I guess nobody paid attention. Lots of sound effects on your web page went out in about 1999 -- apparently their designer didn't get the message... Maybe they can add some blinky text, or a dancing hamster....

did this really need to be posted on that said name companys forum?..seriously i didnt even noticed it...and if i did i would still have 100 better things to do with my time than complain about it...i am not startin shit..im just saying

Mr. Dead
10-23-08, 6:57 pm
There is an on/off for the sound on the site...

Braindrop
10-23-08, 9:00 pm
Where better to post it than the company forum? CNN? DailyKos? Slashdot?

I'm not trying to "start shit" about it. I'm trying to point out that it's a bad idea if they want to drive traffic to their site.

If there's an on-off switch, it isn't immediately visible on the first screen you hit, which nearly deafened me. Maybe they should turn the sound off by default...

I'm all for Universal doing well -- hell, my current stack is Pak/Flex/Omega/Nitro/Pump/Test/Stak. Hopefully they take it in the spirit that it's intended.

brain

Pizzalamp
10-23-08, 9:15 pm
im not a fan of the sounds either

Brutus_515
10-23-08, 9:18 pm
Where better to post it than the company forum? CNN? DailyKos? Slashdot?

I'm not trying to "start shit" about it. I'm trying to point out that it's a bad idea if they want to drive traffic to their site.

If there's an on-off switch, it isn't immediately visible on the first screen you hit, which nearly deafened me. Maybe they should turn the sound off by default...

I'm all for Universal doing well -- hell, my current stack is Pak/Flex/Omega/Nitro/Pump/Test/Stak. Hopefully they take it in the spirit that it's intended.

brain

i am sure they will take your ideas into consideration i wasnt starting shit just suggestion maybe alittle more tact. ....

just wondering cause the name of the thread hahah
did you go back to the site to see the on off option?

Freakshow
10-23-08, 9:20 pm

Thank you.

I am sure Universal will take your comments seriously, but as they already offer a solution to your problem, I'm not sure what you want done..

Universal Rep
10-28-08, 2:10 pm
I'm sure Corporate wants to hear all feedback, so feel free to post your thoughts fellas...

Giant Killer
10-28-08, 2:36 pm

Perhaps they should work in a flash pop-up before you hit the main page to turn on/off sound.

I thought the sound was a little strange at first but then when I realized what it was it just sounded like good times...

joe-yamma
10-28-08, 4:03 pm
i'm not big into sounds on a website either, but i didn't think ti was that big of a deal.

they did place a sounds on/off button in the lower right corner of the page (it's pretty noticable),
but the sounds of the letters coming in still come through before you can really click that button.

InkdMuscle
10-28-08, 4:06 pm
honestly i like the new site i could give to rats asses about the sound. if i dont like it hello ill hit the off button on my speakers.

JUGGERNAUT
10-28-08, 4:30 pm
Same here, I could care less but a good fix might be to have the default set to no sound with the option of being able to turn it on.

simpleguy
10-29-08, 12:54 pm
im not a fan of the sounds either

x3

sanga
10-29-08, 5:32 pm
Its good that people post feedback and yes maybe there should be a pop up box that comes up asking if you want sound.

I have noticed the clicking but then again I never have my volumne up that loud in the first place,

I personally couldn`t care if Universal had "God save the Queen" blaring out when you log on, just as long as I can log on to read all the shit on there.

Mr. Dead
10-29-08, 6:00 pm
Its good that people post feedback and yes maybe there should be a pop up box that comes up asking if you want sound.

I have noticed the clicking but then again I never have my volumne up that loud in the first place,

I personally couldn`t care if Universal had "God save the Queen" blaring out when you log on, just as long as I can log on to read all the shit on there.

Which version of "God Save the Queen..."? *L*

sanga
10-29-08, 6:05 pm
Sex Pistols of course, lol

Braindrop
10-29-08, 8:04 pm
The reason that the sound was such a big deal to me is that I'm a composer, and have my sound routed into studio monitors. My monitors are set to let me hear soft passages as well as loud stuff. When a "click" sound that has been normalized to 0db suddenly shows up, it can literally hurt.

Anyway, assuming that the site remembers my "no sound" setting via a cookie, I'm cool with it now. But I think it's rude to soundblast someone unexpectedly.