PDA

View Full Version : Triceps question

Factory
10-23-08, 9:16 pm
Hey guys,
The one thing i'm not hitting hard:
my tri's

My long and lateral heads are almost non-existent.

I'm just trying to re-invent my tricep workout.
if anyone's got any good ideas, I could use the help.

shizz702
10-23-08, 9:18 pm
Heavy presses, weighted dips, and close grip benches should be the staples of your tricep exercises. Be careful with the triceps though cause they get hit with all pressing movements and are easy to overtrain.

MojoMike36
10-23-08, 9:27 pm
I've been seeing great results from

3x4 Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
3x5 Close Grip Bench Press
3x5 Skullcrushers.
1xFail Tricep Extensions

Just find the correct weights to plug in

Cstlfx
10-24-08, 2:15 am
I dont work my tri's, I do heavy chest and shoulder days. I'm now stuck with having to catch my bi's up.

Try going heavy and not doing tri work and see how it suits you. Arms tend to get overworked because people dont realize how much they are actually being used.

sanga
10-24-08, 2:49 am
A press such as close grip press, weighted dips and an extention which for me has to be skull crushers, exercises in that order, after warm up sets do 2 all out sets of each for 6-8 reps, job done, go eat and rest.

IRN-NML
10-24-08, 8:04 am
Overhead dumbbell press,
Close grips on the decline bench (read that somewhere & that's what I've been using). Also, try varying your CGB hand width. I've used 2" to 12" spacing for a different feel.

Make sure you're pushing clear to the lockout and even hold a bit.

firsthorseman97
10-24-08, 9:00 am
Hey guys,
The one thing i'm not hitting hard:
my tri's

My long and lateral heads are almost non-existent.

I'm just trying to re-invent my tricep workout.
if anyone's got any good ideas, I could use the help.

What does your tri WO look like now? It might not be a problem of WHAT your doing, but WHEN your doing it. Its very easy to overtrain them like shizz said.

Brutus_515
10-24-08, 9:03 am
i found this movement from a charles glass article somewhere...

Get a V handle (not the bar but the thing you do seated rows with).....set it at a high cable position grab it so your palms face down and push down....I do it with over and under hand grips around 90-100bls for 10 reps for one set then do 2 more....really hits a crazy angle..

Mizzarler
10-25-08, 2:19 pm
ov db ext, cg bench, triangle pushdowns, rope pushdowns, dip machine, and skullcrushers will give you some nice full horseshoes, i usually just pick 3 of em and switch around the order every arm w/o, also i like to close grip out my skullcrushers when im done with my set for an extra awesome burn!!!!!

Factory
10-25-08, 8:02 pm
as it is now, i won't be doing any upperbody for 4+weeks... fucked up my left shoulder good. thanks for all the responces though guys. i apperciate it