PDA

View Full Version : The Way It Is...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-24-08, 4:42 pm
I posted this in my journey, and my boy shizz suggested i start one these journals. So i shall.

To kick it off----Enjoy

I'll be as real as I can get. I don't take bullshit excuses about anything. One day you'll look in the mirror and see that you've dicked around your whole life. And then I'll look in that same mirror and tell you that this is what sacrificing things in your life, blood sweat and tears that whole cliche, molds you into. If you're going to say your going to do something, then fucking do it. If I say I'm going to hit that 600 number, that 400 number, damnit I'm going to torture my body until i can fucking lift that shit.

No one is gonna throw you a fuckin bone and tell you that it's gonna be alright. You gotta earn everything little fucking thing you get. From the hot bitch at the club to the career job you've always wanted...Earn it!

You gotta be willing to make sacrifices. Friends... yea they're cool and all, but how many of those "friends" will feed you stupid shit in your head-
" thats not good for you"
" You're gonna hurt yourself"
"You're just wasting your time, are you gonna do that your whole life?

-Fuck that. I don't need a friend to tell me that I should do this, this , and this. They can feed me the negative bullshit, but each day I'm making myself more of a man than they will ever be. I want a friend to be there right with me. Screaming in my ear that I'm not working hard enough. Pushing
me...
...Pushing me to new heights, new levels of intensity. I don't care how they do it. They can talk shit to me, punch me in the fucking mouth, it doesnt matter. I will swallow the shit you deal me and throw it right back in your face, then laugh with them. That's the beauty of having friends that walk the same fucking dark road that you do.

I do what I do for a reason. Not to say that I'm better than you, not to say I'm stronger than you, but to say that i fucking did this myself. I put in the hours on the iron. I bled, I screamed, I pushed. I've pushed myself beyond the limits that most people can only dream of. And it's not over yet.

Plain and simple...
--You get what you give.
--You fight for every inch that life or that bitch iron may give you

Get yours.

shizz702
10-24-08, 4:56 pm
Right on bro! You know I'm in for this ride! Keep expressing yourself like this bro, it's good ventilation, and helps you stay on track. I look foward to seeing more posts in here!

Cellerator65
10-24-08, 5:02 pm
gotta get mine... stay on that grind.

in your prospective, friends? i have none

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-24-08, 5:05 pm
gotta get mine... stay on that grind.

I hear you bro. my only friends are the ones that train with me and know the shit Me and the next guy go through.

as for everyone else...just people

Psycho77
10-25-08, 2:13 am
You said it bro. There is nothing like having friends who are as hungry for iron as you are.

B2ood
10-28-08, 4:50 am
King - I like it, A LOT!!

Your first piece "The Way it is..." will definately be going in my "Bible" of inspirational articles. I read one of these before hitting the gym to get me fired up. I look forward to many more. Cheers Bro.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-28-08, 9:32 am
King - I like it, A LOT!!

Your first piece "The Way it is..." will definately be going in my "Bible" of inspirational articles. I read one of these before hitting the gym to get me fired up. I look forward to many more. Cheers Bro.

Thanx bro. Im in the midst of writing up another. so stay tuned

Factory
10-28-08, 10:01 am

x2

I wouldn't expect the people I see on a day to day basis to understand me, how can they? They give what the get. I give all I have, and it's not just handed out. It's still mine.

Sub'd. Stick with your attitude, I need something to feed off of.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-29-08, 1:10 pm
I remember the first time the iron really hit home to me. It was in the 8th grade, football training just started for us and I wasn't taking it serious worth a shit for a few months into it. This one night though really put a fucking imprint in my head. A varsity linebacker and two other players were training the same time we were, and this guy was squatting 405 like it was nothing. blowing the shit up, plates banging and clanging on eachother, and the screams of pain echoing throught out the gym.

I wanted to do that. I wanted to put that fucking weight on my back and rock it like it was someones jaw. I wanted to be the one to stop the gym from moving, sending a message to all in there that this is how it is, this is what i fucking do, and if you dont like it, find another gym where you're not in the presence of a monster.

Three years passed and it was my junior in high school, It was a friday on our 5-4-3-2-1 rep scheme day. and my goal was to squat 500 pounds. The whole preparation is imbedded in my head. I'd load the weights on the bar, Put the belt on, put Enter Sandman on, take one walk outside, and come in got under the bar. And like a fucking animal would, i pushed that motherfucker up 2 times. Blood ran out my nose, damn near lost my fucking voice screaming in agony and pain. but i fucking did it. I'm the fucking guy that stopped the world for moving on that day.

Now it's different, I am no longer the big dog in the gym. I'm much more open minded to that fact that theres hundred of other psychos like me who are busting their fucking ass week in and week out, to shake the fucking house. Watching the likes of Andy Bolton, Benedikt Magnusson, Captain Kirk, Mark Henry, Ed Coan...the names can keep running like the blood out of my nose. I want to accomplish what these mother fuckers have. They didn't do it by pussy footin around with fairy weights. Theyre doing exactly what I'm doing. Pushing past the bounded limits of our bodies. Making it known that there are no limitations to a mans strength, and that more importantly, anything is possible

Basically, its an old saying. Theres always someone working harder than you. But god damnit i'm gonna push myself to work harder than them. there is no room for error anymore. The smallest error can end your fucking career. Train Hard, Train Smart, but more importantly...

TRAIN LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

shizz702
10-29-08, 1:32 pm
Good post king!

We ain't got no time to be pussy footing around with bitch weights. If you lift little girl weights then you're have little girl muscles.

Keep driving bro and you're gonna accomplish great things!

js71474
10-29-08, 1:52 pm
Hell yeah King, I'm definitely in for this ride! The first two posts were off the chart bro, looking forward to some more!

B2ood
10-29-08, 2:24 pm
Another cracking post King. Gotta have inspiration!

One of the most inspiring things i've ever seen is this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI&feature=related probably the best 10 mins you'll ever spend. Awesome!!!

Apologies for hijacking your post man.... like i said, great post. Keep 'em coming!

Psycho77
10-29-08, 7:33 pm
Great post King. Your drive is just infectious. Hope we had more guys like you in the gym. Then there wouldn't be any stale plates on the floor. Keep an eye out on my journey next week bro. I said im gonna do a comeback to leg day and I have evil things in mind.

Can you say Kirk Karwoski?

shizz702
10-29-08, 8:00 pm

I wanna hold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zanderfever
10-29-08, 8:47 pm
Your badass. You've put an image of a crazy man into my head and I hope to put up a 500 anything some time soon.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-29-08, 9:43 pm
Thanx for the feedback fellas..these posts wont come too often but i promise it will be a fucking inspiring read everytime you visit.

Aggression
10-30-08, 2:14 pm
I posted this in my journey, and my boy shizz suggested i start one these journals. So i shall.

To kick it off----Enjoy

I'll be as real as I can get. I don't take bullshit excuses about anything. One day you'll look in the mirror and see that you've dicked around your whole life. And then I'll look in that same mirror and tell you that this is what sacrificing things in your life, blood sweat and tears that whole cliche, molds you into. If you're going to say your going to do something, then fucking do it. If I say I'm going to hit that 600 number, that 400 number, damnit I'm going to torture my body until i can fucking lift that shit.

No one is gonna throw you a fuckin bone and tell you that it's gonna be alright. You gotta earn everything little fucking thing you get. From the hot bitch at the club to the career job you've always wanted...Earn it!

You gotta be willing to make sacrifices. Friends... yea they're cool and all, but how many of those "friends" will feed you stupid shit in your head-
" thats not good for you"
" You're gonna hurt yourself"
"You're just wasting your time, are you gonna do that your whole life?

-Fuck that. I don't need a friend to tell me that I should do this, this , and this. They can feed me the negative bullshit, but each day I'm making myself more of a man than they will ever be. I want a friend to be there right with me. Screaming in my ear that I'm not working hard enough. Pushing
me...
...Pushing me to new heights, new levels of intensity. I don't care how they do it. They can talk shit to me, punch me in the fucking mouth, it doesnt matter. I will swallow the shit you deal me and throw it right back in your face, then laugh with them. That's the beauty of having friends that walk the same fucking dark road that you do.

I do what I do for a reason. Not to say that I'm better than you, not to say I'm stronger than you, but to say that i fucking did this myself. I put in the hours on the iron. I bled, I screamed, I pushed. I've pushed myself beyond the limits that most people can only dream of. And it's not over yet.

Plain and simple...
--You get what you give.
--You fight for every inch that life or that bitch iron may give you

Get yours.

Just lower your head and get it done. All fuel for the fire my friend. Good stuff.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-30-08, 8:37 pm
Great post King. Your drive is just infectious. Hope we had more guys like you in the gym. Then there wouldn't be any stale plates on the floor. Keep an eye out on my journey next week bro. I said im gonna do a comeback to leg day and I have evil things in mind.

no doubt bro, push it but dont push it too hard, gotta get them tree stubs back in action.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-30-08, 8:38 pm
Just lower your head and get it done. All fuel for the fire my friend. Good stuff.

that's what its all about man, ignore the stupid shit, and get yours.

tha x for stopping by, if u want, u can check out the journey man.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-30-08, 8:52 pm
so i see youve started a long post thread to bug the hell outta me, just like ole shizzy did...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-01-08, 9:44 am
so i see youve started a long post thread to bug the hell outta me, just like ole shizzy did...

lol yes i have....just for shits and giggles but not quite haha

SQUAT or DIE!
11-03-08, 3:24 pm
lol yes i have....just for shits and giggles but not quite haha

you damn people and your crazy inspirational shit, cant you keep it short for us ADD/ slower folks.. LOL

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:40 am
Reflection

- I think tonight was the first time in a year or so where I actually looked myself in the mirror, and thought " What am I doing?"

I'm roughly 8+ weeks out from my first powerlifting meet in about 4 or 5 years. A lot of shit that life dealt through those 5 years, making me a better man, but derailed the tremendous progress i had made till that point.

Now, being back in the game for the last 2 years or so, I finally put what I have worked for to the test....But do I really want it?

That's a question that should never travel the mind of any goal-oriented person. Why? Because the inferno inside of our hearts will never allow us to quit. Quitting is NOT an option.

When you start something, You fucking FINISH it.

What I'm telling you all is this. I had a big gutcheck moment today. After some personal shit that had occured earlier in the week, I actually 2nd guessed myself if I should continue down this seldom walked path.

...That is NOT me. That is NOT the attitude that got me to where I am at today.

I mayb be still young in this quest, but I'll be damned if last night should ever happen again. The future holds promise for me. With dedication, spirit, and hard work. There is no reason I or anyone can't succeed.

The road that I'm walking down doesn't have a big red stop sign. Instead it has.....

....3 WHITE LIGHTS.

prowrestler
11-22-08, 12:43 am
you damn people and your crazy inspirational shit, cant you keep it short for us ADD/ slower folks.. LOL

x2 lol

we all know im in a bad state of mind now lol

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 11:21 am
damn bro, dont say u're young.. make me feel as if was only 5 years old :P
some good thoughts, im for the ride

SQUAT or DIE!
11-22-08, 11:28 am
white lights are pretty!

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 11:31 am
white lights are pretty!

u pussy... Man up!

prowrestler
11-22-08, 11:34 am
white lights are pretty!

red is too but is always un-welcomed!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:08 pm
damn bro, dont say u're young.. make me feel as if was only 5 years old :P
some good thoughts, im for the ride
Cool beans Vaze, no doubt you'll get inside my head in this wacky thread

white lights are pretty!

Oh sssstop it sssquattyyyyyy usssing ssssuch big wordssss!

SQUAT or DIE!
11-22-08, 12:10 pm

ROFL, im ssspeechlessss

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:12 pm
ROFL, im ssspeechlessss

Oh ssstop it ya big ssssilly man!

lol ok enough of that, lets not get carried away with bologna

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 12:14 pm
Cool beans Vaze, no doubt you'll get inside my head in this wacky thread

lol i'm a mind fucker! even without this thread, prolly would be able to get inside your wacky head!
ask squatty, sometimes doesnt want to talk to me anymore:P

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:16 pm
lol i'm a mind fucker! even without this thread, prolly would be able to get inside your wacky head!
ask squatty, sometimes doesnt want to talk to me anymore:P

LOL oh i see what I'm in for with you then, I'm ready for your so called "mind fucking"

SQUAT or DIE!
11-22-08, 12:16 pm
she makes me feel like less of a man sometimes.. i ccry at night

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:20 pm
she makes me feel like less of a man sometimes.. i ccry at night

Thats brutal...why would you ever let that happen to you...sadness lol

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 12:24 pm
LOL oh i see what I'm in for with you then, I'm ready for your so called "mind fucking"

i wont really ''fuck with your mind''... just see what your mind is made of.. conviction, believes, do u work it as much as your other muscles or it's a lacking area :P

Cauz he is a WeakSauce!!!
just kidding.. more because he is a sweet guy and he is stuck having a friend like me!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:26 pm
i wont really ''fuck with your mind''... just see what your mind is made of.. conviction, believes, do u work it as much as your other muscles or it's a lacking area :P

just kidding.. more because he is a sweet guy and he is stuck having a friend like me!

Have fun trying to figure out my noggin' lol, i got a big head for a reason, and its not cuz of an ego, i keep my mind in the books too lol( well sometimes!)

Weaksauceeeee.... lol

SQUAT or DIE!
11-22-08, 12:28 pm

cause she is a nice person, somewhere in there..

how many times have i told u weaksuce is my word!!!!!!! im not stuck with you, i chose to associate with u

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 12:28 pm
Have fun trying to figure out my noggin' lol, i got a big head for a reason, and its not cuz of an ego, i keep my mind in the books too lol( well sometimes!)

Weaksauceeeee.... lol

fucked up minds understand each other.. i dont worry to much :)

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-22-08, 12:31 pm
ok fuckers, im not a big fan of hitting refresh all the time to see if people responded in chats on my or whoevers threads...Anybody got AIM?

if so, hit me up- cuenko74

Vaze_06
11-22-08, 12:39 pm
ok fuckers, im not a big fan of hitting refresh all the time to see if people responded in chats on my or whoevers threads...Anybody got AIM?

Vaze06
but now im going to library... study... ill be on tonight
peace

SQUAT or DIE!
11-22-08, 12:41 pm
Vaze06
but now im going to library... study... ill be on tonight
peace

overachiever

prowrestler
11-22-08, 1:05 pm

lol at refresh button!

i dont have AIM, im like the only mofo here who doesnt

zanderfever
11-23-08, 4:28 pm
Don't second guess yourself. Ever. Either let it reaffirm what your doing or slam your head into a barbell to get your head right. I think it lit a fire under your ass. Your, sort of, you know, strong, right?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-23-08, 6:07 pm
Don't second guess yourself. Ever. Either let it reaffirm what your doing or slam your head into a barbell to get your head right. I think it lit a fire under your ass. Your, sort of, you know, strong, right?

It did. It lit a fire under my ass, and I'm strong spiritually physicall and mentally. It was just a reminder to myself of how bad i want to succeed in this lifestyle. Itll only get better from here on out

zanderfever
11-23-08, 7:07 pm
It did. It lit a fire under my ass, and I'm strong spiritually physicall and mentally. It was just a reminder to myself of how bad i want to succeed in this lifestyle. Itll only get better from here on out

Good man. Very happy to hear this.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-30-08, 8:26 pm
As some of you may know, and for those that don't, i achieved my goal of pulling 600 yesterday at the Southside Iron ABC. It went up very smooth until the lockout, where the chants from everyone and the demons within helped me lock the mother fucker out.

After accomplishing my goal so very very early, it told me a lot about my training and my dedication.

I have been doing westside type workouts with a little twist thrown in here and there. I didnt pull for over 2 months or so and the result was a 40lb increase in my deadlift. AMAZING FEELING to pull that up.

My body= beat up. My mind= in pure euphoria. My spirit= stronger than ever.

I know now that noone, nothing can stop me now. at 20 years old ive made some tremendous progress and to think if i would have kept up with powerlifting for the 2 years i didnt, Id be ALOT further than where i am now. But that isnt the case, and my time is now.

I'm on my way the ever steeper climb up the mountain to greatness.

The fun is just getting started, my meet is in 2 months, and it's time to fuck shit up!

Firedrake
11-30-08, 9:28 pm
Yeah, I'd say you made a point for yourself.

You're young to be learning some of the things you're already internalizing, and I'm delighted to see you thinking about the lessons and moving forward from them.

All of this life is about learning, growing, making decisions and learning some more.

I'm jazzed about the 600 -- I don't suppose you got a vid, did you?

Good luck with the meet! I'll keep following you.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-30-08, 9:32 pm
Yeah, I'd say you made a point for yourself.

You're young to be learning some of the things you're already internalizing, and I'm delighted to see you thinking about the lessons and moving forward from them.

All of this life is about learning, growing, making decisions and learning some more.

I'm jazzed about the 600 -- I don't suppose you got a vid, did you?

Good luck with the meet! I'll keep following you.
Thanx drake, i have actually have a training log, this is my journal life stroy kinda thing. the journey is in my sig. and the video there should be a link in there somehwere in my journey maybe a page back.

Firedrake
11-30-08, 9:46 pm
Thanx drake, i have actually have a training log, this is my journal life stroy kinda thing. the journey is in my sig. and the video there should be a link in there somehwere in my journey maybe a page back.

I know you have a training log -- I've been by there once or twice *grin* I don't know how I missed that one.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-01-08, 12:24 am
lol its all good bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKaMpAeJSQ

in case u havent seen it there ya go.

thsbiglifter
12-01-08, 1:49 am
Ill add you on AIM brother.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-01-08, 2:38 am
Ill add you on AIM brother.

iight man ttys

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-04-08, 11:36 am
A few days ago, an old high school football teamate of mine called me up. He saw my vid of the 600 lb deadlift, and he asked me.....

"Why are you still lifting?"

Keep in mind, I am only 20 years old with the whole world ahead of me yet. So I in return ask, " Why do you drink and smoke pot every night and every time i see you."

...."Because it's fun.." he says

Ok, needless to say i went off on him for a good 5 minutes.

But WHY do i still lift.

I get more fun and excitement putting 500+ lbs on my back, sitting down and right back up, then i do wasting away a night of my life that ill never even remember by drinking.

It's true what they say, this sport isn't for the weak, this isn't for the weak at heart, this isn't for the people that want to look in the mirror and say"i wanna be big" but dont have the least bit of initiative to drop the booze and drugs and get they're ass in gear.

I do this shit because it's FUN. It's a way that i can express all my emotions and twisted soul into one concentrated activity. If you dont love something then y do it right?..............

To succeed here, you have to come to the realization the there are so many people out there that are STRONGER THAN YOU and work HARDER THAN YOU. thats how u keep the fire going inside. Thats how you push yourself beyond limits each time you step into the gym.

thats how u succeed in life.

Aggression
12-04-08, 11:48 am
A few days ago, an old high school football teamate of mine called me up. He saw my vid of the 600 lb deadlift, and he asked me.....

Keep in mind, I am only 20 years old with the whole world ahead of me yet. So I in return ask, " Why do you drink and smoke pot every night and every time i see you."

But WHY do i still lift.

I get more fun and excitement putting 500+ lbs on my back, sitting down and right back up, then i do wasting away a night of my life that ill never even remember by drinking.

It's true what they say, this sport isn't for the weak, this isn't for the weak at heart, this isn't for the people that want to look in the mirror and say"i wanna be big" but dont have the least bit of initiative to drop the booze and drugs and get they're ass in gear.

I do this shit because it's FUN. It's a way that i can express all my emotions and twisted soul into one concentrated activity. If you dont love something then y do it right?..............

To succeed here, you have to come to the realization the there are so many people out there that are STRONGER THAN YOU and work HARDER THAN YOU. thats how u keep the fire going inside. Thats how you push yourself beyond limits each time you step into the gym.

I feel you on that bro. Many times I've been asked by friends, former lifting partners, etc, the same question "You still lift?". To me, it's a given that I'd still be lifting. I relate to you. Most of my friends don't lift. They are into the smoking, drinking, getting fucked up thing. Not for me. I don't get pissed anymore. I feel I've grown and matured to the point now where even though I don't agree with the way they live, that's their decision. I no longer get pissed and criticize them. They wanna smoke and drink all day? Fine. I'll still be friends with them, I'll still chill with them. But when its time to get a meal in, or time to hit the gym, I'm doing MY thing.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-04-08, 11:51 am
I feel you on that bro. Many times I've been asked by friends, former lifting partners, etc, the same question "You still lift?". To me, it's a given that I'd still be lifting. I relate to you. Most of my friends don't lift. They are into the smoking, drinking, getting fucked up thing. Not for me. I don't get pissed anymore. I feel I've grown and matured to the point now where even though I don't agree with the way they live, that's their decision. I no longer get pissed and criticize them. They wanna smoke and drink all day? Fine. I'll still be friends with them, I'll still chill with them. But when its time to get a meal in, or time to hit the gym, I'm doing MY thing.

amen bro. i used to do the whole party thing alot.. but then my first ABC at skiabas in july was a huge wake up call and since then, im glad i live the life i live.

are you gonna b at the abc on saturday?

Aggression
12-04-08, 11:56 am
amen bro. i used to do the whole party thing alot.. but then my first ABC at skiabas in july was a huge wake up call and since then, im glad i live the life i live.

are you gonna b at the abc on saturday?

I'm right there with you. I did my partying in college. Sure I go out now, but its just to socialize and hang with good people. Its at those places where I get that question of, ''You still lift?" Fuck yeah I lift. Never been to an ABC before. I will be attending my first one this weekend at Strong and Shapely. I take it I'll be seeing you there?

shizz702
12-04-08, 11:59 am
Hell yea bro, I fully agree. To me the shit is FUN! I think one of the biggest factors in succeeding in this game is to learn to relish the pain of training and to enjoy it. Lifting heavy shit is fun, and in return it is rewarding to see your body transform itself into a healthier, stronger body.

Your friend obviously has some serious issues to question you on your meritorious pursuit of good health and nice physique, and fuck him if he doesn't understand. You'll be big, strong, look good and be in excellent health while he'll just be a fuck wit puffing a joint wasting away.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-04-08, 12:00 pm
I'm right there with you. I did my partying in college. Sure I go out now, but its just to socialize and hang with good people. Its at those places where I get that question of, ''You still lift?" Fuck yeah I lift. Never been to an ABC before. I will be attending my first one this weekend at Strong and Shapely. I take it I'll be seeing you there?

Yea bro ill be there..ill prolly be a little late too it but its no problem for me, ill get my workout in, what are you training?

Aggression
12-04-08, 12:00 pm
I've been lifting for years, 2 years legitimately. What kicked me in my ass was when I heard my friend was competing. He took the overall novice title at the Gold's Classic in Long Branch on Nov 8th. He came outta nowhere, competed and won. It was at that point where I said, "Fuck this, I'm stepping it up a notch''. I was just coming off a trial-competition diet where I dropped 30+lbs, down to 183. Now I'm back up to about 205 and pushing it until August 1st, where I will start my contest-prep for my first show in November. It was time to buckle down and get serious.

Aggression
12-04-08, 12:02 pm
Yea bro ill be there..ill prolly be a little late too it but its no problem for me, ill get my workout in, what are you training?

I'll be training quads. I hit hamstrings after back on Tuesdays, so its just quads. Not sure of what the routine is going to look like yet, I never really do the same workout twice. But it should be an interesting day ....

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-04-08, 12:02 pm
Hell yea bro, I fully agree. To me the shit is FUN! I think one of the biggest factors in succeeding in this game is to learn to relish the pain of training and to enjoy it. Lifting heavy shit is fun, and in return it is rewarding to see your body transform itself into a healthier, stronger body.

Your friend obviously has some serious issues to question you on your meritorious pursuit of good health and nice physique, and fuck him if he doesn't understand. You'll be big, strong, look good and be in excellent health while he'll just be a fuck wit puffing a joint wasting away.

Definately bro. A very food friend of mine, has been living that lifestyle for a good while until he started training and hanging out with me. My lifestyle is slowly being absorbed by him and he is beginning to understand what it takes to get big and strong. He's come along way because of me, he has so much potential especially in powerlifting.. im just trying to guide him there.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-04-08, 12:04 pm
I'll be training quads. I hit hamstrings after back on Tuesdays, so its just quads. Not sure of what the routine is going to look like yet, I never really do the same workout twice. But it should be an interesting day ....

if you want to bro, ill be hitting on my lower body powerlifting routine. your more than welcome to jump in here and there.

Aggression
12-04-08, 12:07 pm
if you want to bro, ill be hitting on my lower body powerlifting routine. your more than welcome to jump in here and there.

Yeah that'd be cool bro. This is the first routine I'm doing with hams and quads on separate days, but I think it'll benefit me better. I'll probably start off with a warm up set of 25 leg extensions, then head over to the squat rack and take it from there ....

Psycho77
12-04-08, 8:07 pm

But WHY do i still lift.

just let him be king. Can't really go off to people every they ask you stuff like that. When my friends mouth off about me missing the fun parties, the beers, the drugs coz of my lifting, I just tell em. "I'll try to make it to your funeral, that is, if I'm not lifting that day". They pretty much shut up after that.

Firedrake
12-04-08, 8:29 pm
I really sympathize -- at my age, it's REALLY hard to find friends who understand what you're doing. I'm very lucky to have Rage and Sifusteve around (they're 40 and 50, respectively) to keep me focused. I've posted in my journey that people are noticing the weight I've lost, but really don't get how much I enjoy pushing myself to get big again.

It's odd, I suppose, for others to understand that I -enjoy- being able to do the things I'm doing. Most of my friends my age -may- do some golfing, and I have some friends through the SCA that put on armor and fight, but I only know a couple of guys in the group who are into serious training. One notable fighter told me that he didn't want to be part of the "hoorawf" crowd, and that he'd rather spend more time fighting.

I probably don't look much like a bodybuilder again yet -- I'm still taking off the post surgery weight with Rage's help -- but I'm beginning to realize I still -am- one. That's all there is to it.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 11:30 pm

But WHY do i still lift.

what a douche bag

good post. i would have went off on my firend too. but no one dares to talk down to me cause they know ill verbally and phsicaly beat them down to nothing, being a proffesional wrestler has its pluses sometimes ;)

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:09 am
just let him be king. Can't really go off to people every they ask you stuff like that. When my friends mouth off about me missing the fun parties, the beers, the drugs coz of my lifting, I just tell em. "I'll try to make it to your funeral, that is, if I'm not lifting that day". They pretty much shut up after that.

This is my attitude now. When I first started out, I was hard headed about it. Now I just realize that everyone travels their own path. Most of my friends spend their time drinking, doing drugs, etc. I still hang with them, depend on them, and I know they'll be there if I need them. We just have different interests/desires. That doesn't mean we can't chill and hang out.

Big Wides
12-05-08, 10:20 am
I do this shit because it's FUN.

bingo.....and keep having fun, thats the best part of anything

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-05-08, 7:52 pm
bingo.....and keep having fun, thats the best part of anything

No doubt Wides, its what keeps everything fresh for ya.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-05-08, 8:01 pm
So i watched power unlimited for like the 3rd time since i got it(which was yesterday).

God....So many things can be said about this movie

From, Lee Moran going through hell just to get his 1000 lb squat, Hearing THE LAD, BIG DOG, Captain Kirk, the legend Ed Coan....and a very interesting section on Scott Mendelson

Watching this movie is just a truly inspiring to me. It recalls somethin Gene Rychlak said at the ABC.........
-----When you're lookin for advice, critique, help, etc etc.....you don't want it from someone who's done their research, who have read a book, or seen a few instructional videos, you want to seek out the guys who have been where you want to go, the guys that squat, bench, 800+ lbs, you wanna find them and fish out what it was like for them, what they had to go through just to achieve that number-----

Those words said from him will stick in my head, they are so true when it comes to powerlifting....... they drip with powerlifting purity.