PDA

View Full Version : flu catabolic ???

ThickasabricK
10-25-08, 4:20 pm
hey guys , here's a weird question , do you shrink when you have a flu , cs the last few days i had this flu and i actually noticed that i shrunk , by the way , i trained while sick .

Is flu actually catabolic ???

does anyone of u loose muscle mass when you have a flu or a cold or something ?

or am i just delusioning... thanks guys .

simpleguy
10-25-08, 5:43 pm
flu is catabolic as far as I know but it's not like you lose muscle in a few days... if you seem to have shrunk a bit, you might be slightly dehydrated (very possible especially when on a flu), so make sure you drink enough liquids

sanga
10-25-08, 6:31 pm
Agreed, dehydration will make you look smaller due to no water retention in the cells, also when you are ill you tend to eat less so less carbs less volumne.

ThickasabricK
10-26-08, 3:21 am
thought so , thanks guys

theharjmann
10-26-08, 6:18 am
hey guys , here's a weird question , do you shrink when you have a flu , cs the last few days i had this flu and i actually noticed that i shrunk , by the way , i trained while sick .

don't mean to be disrespectful dude...hell it crosses my mind ALWAYS when im sick...but you are stupid for training when sic man!

the immune system takes a HUGE beating when you train. Concentrate on sleeping and drinking gallons and gallons of water when sick.

Hope you feeling better bro.

Peace

Carpe Diem P.T
10-26-08, 6:23 am
you are over analysing.

measure yourself once a month, not once a day or week ;)

futurefreak101
10-26-08, 6:28 am
i dont know if its the animal pak but the past 4 years ive been using animal pak i have never been sick.

MojoMike36
10-26-08, 12:03 pm
Atleast I'm getting the flu over with early this year but yes I am dehydrating like crazy.

Tiny
10-26-08, 3:26 pm

Dude, the act of working out in itself is catabolic. What do you need to make an engine run? You need fuel, fire, air (and timing). What do you need to repair tissue and continue your ascention? You need fuel/material, water, rest (behind the stimulation). Which of these things are compromised by your illness? Figure that out and compensate. I don't even lose size over a stomach virus - I don't care if I am puking, shitting, or bleeding; you do some damage control and shove more food, water and pak down your throat.

MojoMike36
10-26-08, 3:33 pm
Dude, the act of working out in itself is catabolic. What do you need to make an engine run? You need fuel, fire, air (and timing). What do you need to repair tissue and continue your ascention? You need fuel/material, water, rest (behind the stimulation). Which of these things are compromised by your illness? Figure that out and compensate. I don't even lose size over a stomach virus - I don't care if I am puking, shitting, or bleeding; you do some damage control and shove more food, water and pak down your throat.

Sir. Yes Sir.

Alexandroz
10-27-08, 11:27 am
o god, i got the flu a little bit back, seriously couldnt eat ANYTHING but a couple crackers or so a day without puking for about 2 weeks. I dropped alot of weight after i started feeling strong enough to get outta bed and back into the gym.

Aggression
10-27-08, 2:31 pm
Getting sick sucks man. It drains you, you look smaller, you can't eat a damn thing, you cant lift. It puts everything into perspective I think. As you sit there in bed, sick as a dog, you think to yourself ''man, when i get back into the gym, im gonna get even more serious this time''. You take working out/dieting for granted until one day when you can't do neither of them, and IT SUCKS!