PDA

View Full Version : Results of my first meet...

Hercules
10-25-08, 8:11 pm
The meet: Drug-free and raw push/pull - no wraps, straps, or lifting gear (singlet and belt only)

My lifts: I only entered the deadlift portion of the meet; due to a strained shoulder I can't do heavy bench. I opened with 500, jumped to 550 on my 2nd lift, and pulled a PR of 585 on my 3rd (3 green lights on all lifts).

The results: I took 1st overall in the men's 242 open class (weighing in at 232) and 1st overall deadlifter.

I am very appreciative of the experienced powerlifters on this board for their advice and guidence. With this being my first ever competitive meet, I needed all the encouragement I could get. This one won't be my last...

Thanks again to everyone!

Cstlfx
10-25-08, 8:29 pm
Excellent poundage bro!! Great job.

shizz702
10-25-08, 9:45 pm
Fucking awesome bro! Way to get it done!

eric downey
10-26-08, 12:42 am
great job brother. Seeing your in orlando why dont you train at orlando barbell. Brian Swab is one of the best lifters in the world at any weight class.

rev8ball
10-26-08, 2:47 am
Good for you, bro! Glad to hear it.

Remember: success breeds success.... so, let's keep it goin'!

johnny7
10-26-08, 3:02 am
hell yeah man. good work

Harter
10-26-08, 3:13 am
congrats man! always strive to be the best!

sanga
10-26-08, 3:25 am
Well done mate, congratulations.

Hercules
10-26-08, 12:06 pm
Thank you, guys. I appreciate the support and encouragement.

Hercules
10-26-08, 12:11 pm
great job brother. Seeing your in orlando why dont you train at orlando barbell. Brian Swab is one of the best lifters in the world at any weight class.

Orlando-area basically means Central FL. I live in Lakeland, which is about 40-45 miles away from Orlando Barbell. Although it's not very practical for me to train there regularly, I did just speak to Brian Schwab on the phone recently and set up an ABC Event in November at his gym. I'll talk to him about possibly training with his crew.

prowrestler
10-26-08, 12:28 pm
The meet: Drug-free and raw push/pull - no wraps, straps, or lifting gear (singlet and belt only)

My lifts: I only entered the deadlift portion of the meet; due to a strained shoulder I can't do heavy bench. I opened with 500, jumped to 550 on my 2nd lift, and pulled a PR of 585 on my 3rd (3 green lights on all lifts).

The results: I took 1st overall in the men's 242 open class (weighing in at 232) and 1st overall deadlifter.

I am very appreciative of the experienced powerlifters on this board for their advice and guidence. With this being my first ever competitive meet, I needed all the encouragement I could get. This one won't be my last...

Thanks again to everyone!

good job man!

deanna7272
10-26-08, 12:33 pm
Congrats on the meet AND the PR!!! Great to see things are going well with training and all also!!

Brick By Brick
10-26-08, 5:29 pm
Great job, Hercules, congrats! I did my first PL meet this year, and it was lots of fun. Here's to lots more PRs and trophies for you, bud.

eric downey
10-26-08, 5:38 pm
Orlando-area basically means Central FL. I live in Lakeland, which is about 40-45 miles away from Orlando Barbell. Although it's not very practical for me to train there regularly, I did just speak to Brian Schwab on the phone recently and set up an ABC Event in November at his gym. I'll talk to him about possibly training with his crew.

Well ill say this. I dring 30 min every sat to train with my crew. Mike Wolfe drives 90 min to train at westside on sundays. Im sure there are others. Once a week will make a huge difference in you training.

Big Wides
10-26-08, 10:07 pm
Great job at the meet,

Psycho77
10-28-08, 8:28 am
Congrats!

Toni69
10-28-08, 8:32 am
awesome job! congrats Hercules! Im sure this will lead the path to bigger and better things for you now. keep moving foward and you will keep growing and getting stoinger. You built a solid foundation that led you to this point, now its time to take it up a notch, hmmmm? ;)

IRBS
10-28-08, 9:30 am
Good job man! Like Eric said, drive if you want to get better. We drive about 30-40min one way every Saturday to Squat out of a Monolift. Somtimes you just gotta make sacrifices.