PDA

View Full Version : DoggCrapp Diet

Aggression
10-26-08, 1:21 pm
I was wondering if all you DC disciples out there would post up your diet. I did DC last spring for about 2 months and had great results, and I'm starting it up again in a few weeks once my body recovers from a cutting diet. I've searched the threads for diets about DC, as well as the internet, but all I've come up with is that one diet that's listed on all the DC tutorial websites and such, something like this:

Bulk Diet: (http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html)

Breakfast: oatmeal(5) with soy grits and ground flaxseeds on top (23) a little bit of milk(2) in the oatmeal and a protein drink (55)=85grams

After-workout snack: two potatoes(7) and a double serving protein drink in cranberry grape juice (110) =117grams

Lunch: (quick one because of my work)-can of ravioli (11) and protein drink(65) (cup of water cup of milk in there) =76grams

Snack: two 99cent big Macs(54) and 2 cups of milk (20)=74 grams

Dinner: 1lb of hamburger (100) cooked drained and then washed off with water thoroughly (to remove as much fat as possible)with condiments and noodles (4) =104grams

I keep reasonably lean by taking in zero to trace amounts of carbs (found in vegetables) after 6-7pm

Night-time meal: six egg white omelet with peppers or peas(20) or roast beef cold cuts with half water half milk protein drink (65) =85 grams
---------------------------------------------------

What does everyone elses diet look like for DC training? I know EVERYONE doing DC is NOT following this diet, with 2 big macs thrown in there on a daily basis haha. Other sites just list the 2g protein/lb of bodyweight, with cardio 3-6x/week, carb cutoff in the evening, and high water intake. I have the DC Training DVD too, but it just outlines the last sentence i typed. Post up your DC diet for everyone to take a look, and for me to get a better idea of what every1 else is doing.

theharjmann
10-26-08, 2:10 pm
im sure you don't NEED 2 big macs...why not some lean ground beef burgers with wholemeal toast...i would prefer that....i wouldnt get as fat!

Aggression
10-26-08, 2:14 pm
I agree. 2 BigMacs are ridiculous to me. Thats the diet that I found on that website, not mine. I just want all the DC trainees on here to post up their diet for DC.

sanga
10-26-08, 3:43 pm
I don`t think diet is the question with DC training, its the training itself that is the point of DC, diet is diet whether its bulking or cutting is another subject with less or maore calories.

I would decide what you want to do, diet or bulk then go with a diet suited to that along with your DC training.

violator
10-26-08, 4:51 pm
Bro, i think u gotta fuckin kick ass diet...
i actually smiled at the 2 macs & 2 glasses of milk...dante would be proud...haha...lets review; u gots the formula down G,
carb cut-off times look good, LOADSA calories is definetly the key, contrary to whats stated, i think when ur rippin DC, & training that style PROPERLY, as dante intended, its all about the diet, with all the cardio on off days, its essential for the xtra cals...
somepeeps cant handle the fact that the training is only 3 days a week(unless ur a monster like jason wojo doin the 4 day split)& think it isnt aenough with the iron, but they neglect to include the 2-3 days a week cardio & abs that are neccesary to keep the leaness while bulking...as i recall dantes words go something like...dont worry about the fat, let the cardio take it off....and the mans right.....
shit, u wanna see a DC killer at work, look at Rolands log, the mans livin animal proof DC is the shit when done PROPERLY...& i do believe he takes the trip to mickey ds every now & again for some dirty cals...great fuel for heavy widowmakers...haha...

just keep doin what ur doin G, like ur sig says, do what works for u, check ur progress & adjust where U FEEL NECCESARY....'there are no cookie cutters" in DC....haha...

by the way, love the way u drain the fat of the ground beef, shows uve done some research, jason Ws meal prep vids on youtube are great....haha...

sanga
10-26-08, 4:59 pm
I`ve just checked some of those out, very good too.

sanga
10-26-08, 6:22 pm
I just checked out the thread you have referred to here harch33, see below mate-

Today, 06:30 PM #7
DOGGCRAPP
Made Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow i feel pretty bad for anyone who reads that thing.

I sure as hell didnt put together any DC training manual.....that thing came from some guy at bodybuilding.com who put a whole bunch of posts that I left (out of context and you dont even know who im talking to) off a board.....all of that manual's post are 8-9 years old!!!! Put the diet part right into the trash.....I have no idea how that got in there but I told a guy (truthfully) 9 years ago what I ate the day before and this "DC manual guy" puts that in there as the official DC diet....sheesh. Some of its ok.....but how do you know im responding to an obese 330 pound guy or some kind thats 155 pounds and cant gain weight. My advise: I didnt ever put together any DC training manual and my advise is not to follow any DC training manual.

The best thing you could read to start things off is Ron Harris's interview....absolutely the best start to everything...... http://www.intensemuscle.com/19724-u...ons-later.html

As far as training people, I havent trained anyone for over a year and Im liking my retirement....it doesnt mean i wont take on someone who interests me and I might start training people again but right now I like my prolonged break. I do have one of my protoge's taking people thru the ringer though and he has been with me for 4-6 years now and I send people to him. SuperD.....he has been with me the absolute longest and knows my stuff inside and out.

ironshaolin
10-26-08, 7:11 pm
yeah thats a diet Dante posted, and has since posted regrets as people tend to look at that as what they should have every day. He said he literally just recalled what he ate that day and wrote it down, not thinking about how it might be interpreted. Basically, he won't post diet information because its DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE!!!! This is the BIGGEST point to understand. So, there are a few main points to look at.

Protein should be eaten at EVERY meal, and at bare minimum 1.5g's per lb, preferably 2.
Meals should go: pro/carb, pro/carb, pro/carb, pro/fat, pro/fat, just protein as the 6.
The amount of carbs you eat depends on your carb sensitivity. Some people, like Jay Cutler can lose weight on 500 grams of carbs a day. I get fat if I look at more than 100. If you know you can eat carbs without getting fat, by all means chow down. However if you are very endomorphic, you may wish to limit them, or even cycle them by having only 1-2 carb meals on off days, and on workout days only eating them around workouts.

You should make sure you get in plenty of good fats. A tablespoon or 2 of olive oil should be had EVERY day, as well as a handful of almonds and some fish oil.

Do NOT mix carbs and fats in the same meal.

Another big thing is to figure out, depending on your activity level, how many calories you need daily. If you work in a rock quarry and are lifting boulders for 8 hours, you will need many more calories than someone who sits behind a desk all day.

Aggression
10-26-08, 8:00 pm
yeah thats a diet Dante posted, and has since posted regrets as people tend to look at that as what they should have every day. He said he literally just recalled what he ate that day and wrote it down, not thinking about how it might be interpreted. Basically, he won't post diet information because its DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE!!!! This is the BIGGEST point to understand. So, there are a few main points to look at.

Protein should be eaten at EVERY meal, and at bare minimum 1.5g's per lb, preferably 2.
Meals should go: pro/carb, pro/carb, pro/carb, pro/fat, pro/fat, just protein as the 6.
The amount of carbs you eat depends on your carb sensitivity. Some people, like Jay Cutler can lose weight on 500 grams of carbs a day. I get fat if I look at more than 100. If you know you can eat carbs without getting fat, by all means chow down. However if you are very endomorphic, you may wish to limit them, or even cycle them by having only 1-2 carb meals on off days, and on workout days only eating them around workouts.

You should make sure you get in plenty of good fats. A tablespoon or 2 of olive oil should be had EVERY day, as well as a handful of almonds and some fish oil.

Do NOT mix carbs and fats in the same meal.

Another big thing is to figure out, depending on your activity level, how many calories you need daily. If you work in a rock quarry and are lifting boulders for 8 hours, you will need many more calories than someone who sits behind a desk all day.

I myself am some-what carb sensitive, so i'll def be watching the amount of carbs i take in. I knew that diet wasn't legit, thats why I posted it up, to get thoughts from others. I started this thread to have other DC trainers to just post up a typical diet for them, just for the hell of it (knowing that everyone's body is different) My intention was to let every1 whose interested in DC to get a good look at typical diets (myself included). Instead, this thread has gone on to talk about that diet i FOUND on the internet. A diet i DO NOT use myself haha.

G Diesel
10-26-08, 8:34 pm
I was wondering if all you DC disciples out there would post up your diet. I did DC last spring for about 2 months and had great results, and I'm starting it up again in a few weeks once my body recovers from a cutting diet. I've searched the threads for diets about DC, as well as the internet, but all I've come up with is that one diet that's listed on all the DC tutorial websites and such, something like this:

Bulk Diet: (http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html)

Breakfast: oatmeal(5) with soy grits and ground flaxseeds on top (23) a little bit of milk(2) in the oatmeal and a protein drink (55)=85grams

After-workout snack: two potatoes(7) and a double serving protein drink in cranberry grape juice (110) =117grams

Lunch: (quick one because of my work)-can of ravioli (11) and protein drink(65) (cup of water cup of milk in there) =76grams

Snack: two 99cent big Macs(54) and 2 cups of milk (20)=74 grams

Dinner: 1lb of hamburger (100) cooked drained and then washed off with water thoroughly (to remove as much fat as possible)with condiments and noodles (4) =104grams

I keep reasonably lean by taking in zero to trace amounts of carbs (found in vegetables) after 6-7pm

Night-time meal: six egg white omelet with peppers or peas(20) or roast beef cold cuts with half water half milk protein drink (65) =85 grams
---------------------------------------------------

What does everyone elses diet look like for DC training? I know EVERYONE doing DC is NOT following this diet, with 2 big macs thrown in there on a daily basis haha. Other sites just list the 2g protein/lb of bodyweight, with cardio 3-6x/week, carb cutoff in the evening, and high water intake. I have the DC Training DVD too, but it just outlines the last sentence i typed. Post up your DC diet for everyone to take a look, and for me to get a better idea of what every1 else is doing.

This diet is great for raw mass and I think that was Dante's initial intent... A convenient, simple and inexpensive sample meal plan for a young guy on the go without a lot of money that was looking to get as big as possible. In that sense, it is great. It isn't Jay Cutler's offseason diet but then again he has resources that most do not and he is a seasoned pro Mr. O that already walks around at 285-300+ with ease. Peace, G

sanga
10-27-08, 4:36 am
Have a read of this if you are about to try DC training, I know I will be in the near future for a period of time.

Especially read the last 3 lines.

Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

IH, MG chime in here-IM a little or i should say alot-ALARMED BY WHAT IM SEEING HERE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is going to make me look like an ass--so be it. Im seeing posts in this forum that are seriously alarming me here and if it pisses you off what im saying, well welcome to the freaking wake up call! My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now. Im seeing posts in here about, "well I cant play basketball and I cant rockclimb if I do deadlifts on thursdays and I dont want to use wrist straps because"..... WELL THAT SUCKS----PICK ONE OR THE OTHER HERE THEN!!!!! BECAUSE MY METHODS ARE ABOUT MAKING SOMEONE A BODYBUILDER THE FASTEST WAY POSSIBLE. My methods arent out there so you can be a hybrid bodybuilder/tennis player. Thats what mens health and muscle and fitness is for! This is about extremes and limits and if you can run around jumping and playing full court basketball, there is no doubt in my mind that you dont have a clue how hard we are training legs here.... Do you want to be a rock climber or do you want to be a bodybuilder? Because my methods are 100% made to get you on the fasttrack in bodybuilding. If your worried about your hamstrings being sore so you cant play handball every tues and thurs nite, then your in the wrong fucking forum! IM sorry but these things dont mix well. Just like if I wanted to become a wordclass 50m swimmer, you wouldnt see me eating and training like a superheavyweight powerlifter. This isnt for weekend warriors and i dont want it to be--this is serious stuff--extremes. So if your goals arent to be the best bodybuilder your genetics will allow, your in the wrong place readingwise and doing the wrong thing trainingwise.
Second of all--there is starting to be a proliferation of 16-20 year olds jumping on this bandwagon. Now there are some 20 year olds that have their head on straight with this (very rare) but when I start seeing posts about run of the mill basic Flex magazine crap (squatting low is bad for your knees and other crap) then there is a big problem. Whats next--the body can only assimilate 25 grams of protein a meal? eating according to the food pyramid? blue ball core training? I dont want to see a dumbing down of this forum--this is for advanced lifters who already know the basics and have been thru them. You have seen Massive G say this a million times and IM going to reiterate this. THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE THAT HASNT BEEN LIFTING FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS. Can any 30 year old in this forum say to me that he is less hardcore and can drum up less intensity than he did when he was 18 years old? Because I can crank it out about 4 times as hard now, and I know you guys can too. I roll my eyes every single time I see a 16-20 year old telling everyone how "hardcore" and "balls to the wall" they are. Unless your Usmuscle who is an old man in bodybuilding years compared to his real age, trust me you havent got a clue in the world. A set of 8 that you do at 18 years old (that you thought you were the "man" doing) can probably be grinded out for 13 reps at 30 years old.... even if the strength is the same, because you develop a serious brutal fortitude with age. If you have been lifting 5 years steady with flat biceps genetically, and still think that if you bomb concentration curls you will somehow magically 'all of a sudden' develop a Colemanesque peak, your in the wrong damn forum. Thirdly, everybody wants to cookie cutter this stuff and its frustrating the hell out of me and Inhuman and others. Some things are basic and can be used by everyone. But there is alot of stuff that has to be individually decided according to you dietwise and also to you injurywise, strengthwise, timewise, etc etc etc. I see people asking questions sometimes outside of the basic training regimen (which is pretty universal but definitely not in all cases recovery wise) and others giving cookie cutter answers like "one size fits all" even if its dietwise. If Inhuman or myself arent training you (this is to newer guys) you got to use some deductive reasoning in all of this please. On cycles for pennies there was a guy who asked me what I ate and I posted what I ate the day before exactly. I didnt think much about it. Sometimes I post things and dont think of the consequences of them (like the goddamn 6 second negative phase which I didnt think everyone would be so anal about and has been a monkey on my back ever since) ...at that time I wrote about what I ate the day before...... I was 290 or so lbs but was working an incredibly hard labourous job and was finding it really difficult to gain weight. That single day if I remember right came out to 7800 calories and 564 grams of protein--THAT WAS FOR ME AND ME ONLY!!! And even with eating that much my weight gain that year sucked pretty much, thats how hard that job was. What do i see? That exact days eating has been passed around and around and around for the last 3-4 years in a Doggcrapp training pdf as "DC's diet recommendation" and people are following that. If I ate that diet now I would be a blimp because IM much more sedentary and do alot of office and desk work. I still eat 450-650 grams of protein but my calories are much much lower. There are things I have certain trainees doing in their workouts that I wouldnt have anyone else do. Injuries to work around. Hell Ih knows this firsthand as he has to really watch his back. There are alot of decisions to make outside of the basic structure of this all including timing of cardio and carb cuttoffs due to how/when a person works. But the biggest thing of all is fixing problems. I have to continually fix problems every time a trainee of mine comes to a plateau and i have to look at everything as a whole and plug the leak. Its been very very rare that I have had a trainee who didnt plateau out at some point and I had to fix it somehow. Thats so important and needs to be done or someone will be training and spinning his wheels in place indefinitely. And noone including myself wants to train for 6 months busting his hump getting nowhere. My main point here is I'm seeing people want this all set in stone and it cant be done like that. If Fred is 300lbs, with a bad back, and has 200lbs of lean muscle, and works 14 hours a day, and is lactose intolerant, with high blood pressure, I sure as hell am not going to have him doing the exact same things as Rick, who is 230lbs, with 200lbs of lean muscle, with a really bad shoulder, incredibly bad recovery ability, works 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, and has shin splints limiting his treadmill walking. Do I want everyone starting out to be doing the M W F split--yes because thats proven to work best for the majority but when we get into diet and other things, thats a whole new ballgame here and it cannot be done with a cookie cutter

Aggression
10-28-08, 11:33 am
If we have a carb cutoff for DC training, and I can't get to the gym until 730-8, is it still ok to have a post workout shake with carbs, like Torrent? That means i'll be ingesting carbs at 9-915 at night, and going to sleep no later than 12, monday thru friday.

sanga
10-28-08, 11:37 am
Yes, its a must, even Dante or one of his disciples say on the forum to have the PWO shake no matter what the time is.

Unless you are on a keto diet then IMO the PWO shake is a 100% sure bet, carb cut off times would be after that shake.

Aggression
10-28-08, 11:45 am
Yes, its a must, even Dante or one of his disciples say on the forum to have the PWO shake no matter what the time is.

Unless you are on a keto diet then IMO the PWO shake is a 100% sure bet, carb cut off times would be after that shake.

Yeah I figured. I was gonna have it regardless of the answer, because I know its importance. I was just looking for opinions. thanks

sanga
10-28-08, 11:51 am
lol, no worries mate.

XjusticeX
11-25-08, 12:29 am
I don`t think diet is the question with DC training, its the training itself that is the point of DC, diet is diet whether its bulking or cutting is another subject with less or maore calories.

I would decide what you want to do, diet or bulk then go with a diet suited to that along with your DC training.

I agree aswell.....

sanga
11-25-08, 3:24 am
I am fairly versed with DC now and a whole lot posted on various forum are bits and pieces from Dante taken out of context, for instance the diet, this was in answer to the question put to Dante "What did you eat yesterday" he just replied and now its all over the net as his diet, nothing could be further from the truth, that was a one off reply.

There is no DC Training manual and there is no DC Diet, its all individual and if you work with Dnate or any of his appointed people they will base your training and diet on your own specific needs, no cookie cutter diet at all, what someone weighing 300lb with 30% bodyfat requires is totally difereent to what someone weighing 200lb with 8% bodyfay requires.

G Diesel
11-25-08, 9:43 am
If we have a carb cutoff for DC training, and I can't get to the gym until 730-8, is it still ok to have a post workout shake with carbs, like Torrent? That means i'll be ingesting carbs at 9-915 at night, and going to sleep no later than 12, monday thru friday.

I think the boys have addressed the fact that Dante's advice is not to be one-size-fits-all, but the carb cutoffs he prescribes seem to be better suited to a guy already carrying a lot of mass, or mass more in keeping with his ultimate goals. As a young dude looking to add size, my primary advice to you would be to eat and don't restrict carbs within reason. Torrent postworkout, regardless of time of day, is a good idea. Peace, G

Aggression
11-25-08, 9:49 am
I think the boys have addressed the fact that Dante's advice is not to be one-size-fits-all, but the carb cutoffs he prescribes seem to be better suited to a guy already carrying a lot of mass, or mass more in keeping with his ultimate goals. As a young dude looking to add size, my primary advice to you would be to eat and don't restrict carbs within reason. Torrent postworkout, regardless of time of day, is a good idea. Peace, G

Thanks G. I've gone a different route since this post. I'm now training more traditionally, not DC. And I'm doing as you advise in terms of eating.

sanga
11-25-08, 9:53 am

Dante recommends carbs (as what are in Torrent) PWO always, carb cut offs don`t apply to PWO regardless of time of day.

Skwat
11-27-08, 1:35 am
so it's ok to have carbs after 9? like what if i have them at 9:01 am i going to get fat? Should I make sure i'm done having them at 8:59?

sanga
11-27-08, 3:34 am
so it's ok to have carbs after 9? like what if i have them at 9:01 am i going to get fat? Should I make sure i'm done having them at 8:59?

What??

Roland
11-27-08, 6:17 am

That's a joke right?

sanga
11-27-08, 6:36 am
That's a joke right?

Exactly why I said "What"? Roland. Must be a joke.

Vinny G
11-27-08, 7:06 am

yes and the world is flat!

sanga
11-27-08, 7:09 am
I knew it was, all this time everyone has been telling me its round, see you losers, its flat!!

Aggression
11-27-08, 10:35 am
HaHa this thread took a turn for the worse

ROC1291
11-27-08, 10:55 am
I do DC and don't necessarily follow DC's diet. I found that not measuring things like carbs and fats just made me fatter than not eating carbs after 6pm would have. All that protein I ate made me feel like it went to waste in my shit.. Now I just eat something similar to Ox's baseline offseason diet. It's only been about 7 weeks into my offseason but I'm progressing in strength pretty good and over time I'll need 7 meals instead of 6, then 8 instead of 7. Its pretty simple with any offseason diet : less is more at first, but make sure you increase your portions or meals over time.

GBAGH
12-20-08, 12:26 am
The Doggcrapp diet is laid out with a pretty good, easy to follow set of rules.

1. Eat 2g of protein for every pound of body weight every day. If you weigh 225 pounds you need to eat 450g of protein. This is pretty simple.

2. Don't mix carbs and fats in the same meal. We all know that meat has fat in it, and vegetables have carbs in them, but what Dante is really trying to say here is not to eat things like bacon (LOADED with fat) and pancakes (LOADED with carbs) in the same meal.

3. Stick to your carb cut off. Don't eat carbs in your last two meals of the day, UNLESS one of those meals is a PWO meal in which case it is perfectly fine. The carbs found in nuts, vegetables, or eggs is fine after your carb cut off. You just want to avoid foods like pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, etc.

4. Eat your food in order at each meal. Eat your protein first, your greens second, and your carbs last. This way you are not filling up on carbs. Carbs are primarily used to quell your hunger at this point.

5. Red meat is the protein source of choice. If you can't afford steak you should eat ground beef. Ground beef can be cooked into fine crumbles and then drained in a pasta strainer to get rid of about half the fat. If it is still fatty you can rise the crumbles with VERY HOT water and get even more fat out.

As long as you follow these rules you really can't go wrong. Use this as a guideline for your meal planning and you should be just fine.