PDA

View Full Version : Tough Mornings

DMBIG
10-27-08, 11:42 am
I'm up and training by 5:30 before school.. But some days I'm just dragging.

Any Ideas on what could wake me up and make the workout more productive?

sanga
10-27-08, 11:43 am
Go to bed earlier, get more sleep, maybe a coffee 20 minutes before.

Factory
10-27-08, 11:46 am
get more sleep

x2

Brutus_515
10-27-08, 11:47 am
thats just comes with training in the AM I been training at 5:30 for a few months now...I have my good days and my bad days of dragging...diet, supplementation and rest will help you out...I dont get to bed till midnight most days now that i have a 13 week old daughter I get up at 4:30. I try to nap in the afternoon after work... if the baby is but most of the time not. just give your body something to keep it going. So after a while you get used to it and your body will recover with the fuel you give it and catch 20 minute cat naps whenever you can.

Enforcer
10-27-08, 11:49 am
I'm up and training by 5:30 before school.. But some days I'm just dragging.

Any Ideas on what could wake me up and make the workout more productive?

8 hours of sleep, a light meal, caffiene, and some Rocky music on the way to the gym

Lunatic001
10-27-08, 11:50 am
^^^^^I agree with the post above by Shaffer....it comes with the morning workout....I have been training in the AM since my daughter was born (1yr 5 mos) and what I noticed is that if I get all my food in as planned I get great workouts, if I miss my meals for X reason, I get shitty energy......try ZMA at night, I get better sleep with it.......just my 2 cents...

DMBIG
10-27-08, 11:54 am
Thanks guys for the input. Ill try getting some more sleep and adding a meal before the workout. I usually train on empty stomach. I heard that wasn't too good when taking PUMP. But that doesn't help with energy.

Enforcer
10-27-08, 11:58 am
Thanks guys for the input. Ill try getting some more sleep and adding a meal before the workout. I usually train on empty stomach. I heard that wasn't too good when taking PUMP. But that doesn't help with energy.

I'd wake up around 4-4:15, have a light meal and then take Pump at around 5:10. Then hit the gym at 5:30. I know 4 AM may seem early but you got to do what you got to do. Sacrifice is the name of the game.

Factory
10-27-08, 11:58 am

if you get some carbs in, it will help a lot.

DMBIG
10-27-08, 12:00 pm
Sacrifice is the name of the game.

Couldn't agree more with you bro.

Brutus_515
10-27-08, 1:07 pm

I hate working out with food in my stomach but i need something in me when i first wake up...I drink a shake and throw 1/2 cup of oats in it...it fills me up enough to get me to my first food meal in the morning. (hint chop the oats in a food processor they mix better)

DMBIG
10-27-08, 1:11 pm
I hate working out with food in my stomach but i need something in me when i first wake up...I drink a shake and throw 1/2 cup of oats in it...it fills me up enough to get me to my first food meal in the morning. (hint chop the oats in a food processor they mix better)

You can buy oats in a bag or box?

Brutus_515
10-27-08, 1:26 pm
You can buy oats in a bag or box?

I dont know what you mean...i use regualr oats like quick oats or regular oat meal...I just put it in a food processer and chop them up.

DMBIG
10-27-08, 1:30 pm
I dont know what you mean...i use regualr oats like quick oats or regular oat meal...I just put it in a food processer and chop them up.

ooh My bad.. yea thanks for the help bro. Ill give it a shot.

bdb1513
10-27-08, 2:57 pm
get some sleep, and shock therapy will get ya going...

sin-city-customs
10-27-08, 11:21 pm
I grind my oats in a "coffee bean grinder" $20 at Target. Fricking awesome, almost like flour when it is done. Idea came from my 14 yr old.

Dave

hardhit71
10-27-08, 11:27 pm
I'd say carbs for your last meal the night before would get you through the morning a little better. I used to do this a day or 2 in advance before my boxing matches.

Aggression
10-29-08, 4:45 pm
Ya just gotta dig deep. Wake up earlier and have a small meal, then pump or shock therapy, then hit the gym.