PDA

View Full Version : Early morning workouts and always friggin hungry!

andrewT
10-27-08, 8:15 pm
Hey all,

Because of my schedule I usually work out at about 5:30 am. I usually eat two cups of oatmeal and 4 whole eggs with my pak at about 5:10. When I get to the gym at 5:30 and I start working out I feel as if I am going to barf! after my workout, drinking my shake is literally impossible, I get so bloated I can barely stand up straight. I know I need more time to digest food, but I don't really have time! SHould I eat breakfast after lifting? or should I continue with what I am doing?

Also, I am trying to bulk, and yes I am a university student. I eat like a maniac, every 2 hours as supposed to. But I find that I get hungry every hour, and I am afraid if I eat every hour instead of every two I will get a massive bulk gut! I have a slight lower stomach that stretches on big meals ( i do not care about abs) but I do not want to get a bigger fatty deposit down there if I don't have to!

My supps currently are: Pak, Uni-Liver and some fish oils and glucosamine, glutamine(for my stomach) and milk and egg protein by uni. How many uni-livers should I take with a meal? I currently take 3. Also would flex and omega be worth it to replace my existing costco fish oils and glucosamine? would I still need fish oils while on flex and omega?

thanks all!

Pizzalamp
10-27-08, 8:37 pm
Hey all,

Because of my schedule I usually work out at about 5:30 am. I usually eat two cups of oatmeal and 4 whole eggs with my pak at about 5:10. When I get to the gym at 5:30 and I start working out I feel as if I am going to barf! after my workout, drinking my shake is literally impossible, I get so bloated I can barely stand up straight. I know I need more time to digest food, but I don't really have time! SHould I eat breakfast after lifting? or should I continue with what I am doing?

Also, I am trying to bulk, and yes I am a university student. I eat like a maniac, every 2 hours as supposed to. But I find that I get hungry every hour, and I am afraid if I eat every hour instead of every two I will get a massive bulk gut! I have a slight lower stomach that stretches on big meals ( i do not care about abs) but I do not want to get a bigger fatty deposit down there if I don't have to!

My supps currently are: Pak, Uni-Liver and some fish oils and glucosamine, glutamine(for my stomach) and milk and egg protein by uni. How many uni-livers should I take with a meal? I currently take 3. Also would flex and omega be worth it to replace my existing costco fish oils and glucosamine? would I still need fish oils while on flex and omega?

thanks all!
maybe have a shake of 2 scoop whey 1 cup raw oats and a tablespoon natty pb about 30 -40 minutes pre workout-and plenty of water

id go for 3-4 uniliver per meal
and id def take omega and flex instead on what youre doing!

SecondSucks
10-27-08, 9:35 pm
Id stick with a shake and some oats in the mornings. Im the same way personally when i eat whole foods early in the morning and then go workout, whatever went down is def coming back up.

thatdude111
10-28-08, 12:05 am
I have a similiar question. I'm on a cut and I'm startung to workout first thing in the morning. I lift weights for about 40 minutes followed by 30 minutes of cardio. Is eating just a scoop of whey protein good enough, or should i add some carbs?

Pizzalamp
10-28-08, 10:53 am
I have a similiar question. I'm on a cut and I'm startung to workout first thing in the morning. I lift weights for about 40 minutes followed by 30 minutes of cardio. Is eating just a scoop of whey protein good enough, or should i add some carbs?

it depends on your diet and the macros u are allowed...a scoop of whey is not much...prob around 100 cals and like 25g protein...if youre eating carbs id do 2 scoop whey and around a cup of oats

Aggression
10-28-08, 10:58 am
maybe have a shake of 2 scoop whey 1 cup raw oats and a tablespoon natty pb about 30 -40 minutes pre workout-and plenty of water

id go for 3-4 uniliver per meal
and id def take omega and flex instead on what youre doing!

Yeah I agree, go with a lighter breakfast like pizzalamp says. If you're takin flex and omega, you can dump the bulk store brands of glucosamine and fish oils.

simpleguy
10-28-08, 11:20 am
def don't have solid food 20 mins pre w/o... go for a shake, blend a banana with some whey

andrewT
10-28-08, 6:38 pm
how about my constant hourly hunger? should I feed it?

I do not want to overeat.

Vinny G
10-28-08, 7:26 pm
why dont you just have 3 scoops of whey isolate before you leave the house to go train.

then when you are done training have a serving of torrent.

30 min later start eating.