PDA

View Full Version : counting fats on the KETO diet

fenix237
10-28-08, 4:29 pm
Whassup all, getting ready to go on Ox/DP style keto diet. I read all 126 pages of Ox's Stable! I looked through this diet thread as well with no luck. I'm 192lbs of LBM, so I'm looking for 288 grams/protein and 128 grams of fat. I'm very familiar with what to eat on this diet (126 pages, remember?) but I'm confused regarding fat intake. Do I count all the fats from PB, eggs, meats, nuts, all oils, etc... and have them total 128? I ordered some Animal Omega, so I do not need to take in separate fish oils, right? How many fats does Omega have? Should I still use EVOO, even if I'm taking Omega? Should I consume 1 or 2 Omega Paks/day? Sorry for all the Q's, I've not read much addressing this. Peace-brp

Factory
10-28-08, 4:42 pm
Whassup all, getting ready to go on Ox/DP style keto diet. I read all 126 pages of Ox's Stable! I looked through this diet thread as well with no luck. I'm 192lbs of LBM, so I'm looking for 288 grams/protein and 128 grams of fat. I'm very familiar with what to eat on this diet (126 pages, remember?) but I'm confused regarding fat intake. Do I count all the fats from PB, eggs, meats, nuts, all oils, etc... and have them total 128? I ordered some Animal Omega, so I do not need to take in separate fish oils, right? How many fats does Omega have? Should I still use EVOO, even if I'm taking Omega? Should I consume 1 or 2 Omega Paks/day? Sorry for all the Q's, I've not read much addressing this. Peace-brp

i wasnt counting them, i gained weight and lost bf% on keto. I just ate enough to get enough protein while only sticking to keto-friendly foods.

sanga
10-28-08, 4:49 pm
I Count the fats in almonds, peanut butter ,eggs etc, don`t count the Omega.

Why not post this question to Ox, see what he has to say.

fenix237
10-28-08, 5:03 pm
I Count the fats in almonds, peanut butter ,eggs etc, don`t count the Omega.

Why not post this question to Ox, see what he has to say.

I posted a couple of times in Ox's Stable and Ox replied graciously, but thought I would throw this out as it seems a basic question. I feel like I'd be cluttering up his thread. If I don't get anything solid back here, I will go ask Ox again.

I'm guessing your total fat should be from whole foods. Also, reading threads has proven that it's not necessary to divide fats evenly over 6 meals. I mean, a 6 whole egg meal has 30 grams/fat, where 6oz tuna and spinach salad + fish oils/Omega Pak would be a fraction.