PDA

View Full Version : My Redemption

TheRealDeal
10-29-08, 3:26 pm
Hey everyone...whats up?

It's been more than 7 months since I've logged in. I went through a huge, awful depression phase. I was injured for the 1000th time (15th shoulder dislocation in 3 years) and finally decided to get it fixed. I had my surgery and was told I would not be able to train for 18 months. Be slinged up for 6 months, followed by 1 year physical therapy.

Low and behold, I'm back....and by God it feels good.

I went from being 5'7 and 190-200 lbs lean, to 230 pounds fat. I kept my diet clean, but depression and immobility did not help any.

However, I am back and ready to kick ass.

I need motivation though--I need my brothers.

I've kept most of, if not all of my muscle, but this fats gotta go.

Heres my diet below, sweet and simple.

Meals #1-5

12 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal

Pre & Post workout
3 scoops whey, 1 cup oatmeal

Post workout meal #2

2 large chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups rice

Meal #9 (before bed)
3 scoops whey, 3 tbsp flaxseed oil.

This picture I was about 180 lbs in, about 4 months before my injury. Help me get back to that and then some at 200+. Thanks for the support brothers, stay strong!

http://a391.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_2002a9c8423037eab84c7eab3de84f06.jpg

Now time to go hit the gym and go to work.....I will update you all later.

TRD

TheRealDeal
10-31-08, 1:53 pm
Chest/Back

2 Sets Bench Press

2 Sets Incline Bench Press

1 Set Dumbell flys

Back

2 Sets lat pulldowns

2 sets T-Bar Rows

2 sets Deadlifts

will post numbers later, gonna see how this goes.

Aggression
10-31-08, 2:11 pm
Sounds good man. Ya had some good size to you in that pic. One thing I'd suggest is to get some quick, simple sugars in for your post workout. A supplement like Torrent would be perfect. Oats are slow digesting, and they wouldn't benefit you in recovery after a workout. You takin any supps?

TheRealDeal
11-14-08, 11:04 pm
Sounds good man. Ya had some good size to you in that pic. One thing I'd suggest is to get some quick, simple sugars in for your post workout. A supplement like Torrent would be perfect. Oats are slow digesting, and they wouldn't benefit you in recovery after a workout. You takin any supps?

Haven't updated this in awhile--I'm getting ahold of some Torrent tomorrow, stuff sounds great.

Heres my supplement regimen:

Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Storm

I'm going to update this thread with pictures at the end of the week--I've started cardio too. I'm at 214 now, goal is 190-200 lean in about 6-8 weeks--We will see where I get in this next coming month or two, and what a btter way to show the power of Universal supplements rebounding back to my former self than with a log like this!

Just trained chest/back and had a great workout. I train HIT as I said, so heres what went down below.

Bench press
135x12
185x8
225x5 / Drop set 185 x 5

Dumbell flys/stretches

Lat pulldowns
T-Bar rows

(not sure on how much weight, I just went heavy as can be!)
(this is awful and disgraceful, I weigh nearly 215 for gods sake.) Before I slacked off I was pushing 100 lb dumbells around 190 for high reps, I dont even want to know what my leg day is going to look like!

Old numbers & Stats:

Weight: 200
Bench Press : 100 lb+ dumbells for 8-12 reps
Squat: 405x5
Deadlift 465x1 (nearly 500...agh, I cant believe I slacked before I pulled 500!)

In 8 weeks I will be back to that (or damn close!) and then some!