PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Sphinx
10-29-08, 10:59 pm
I hope this is the appropriate board for this topic as the cause of it IS training. Anyway, I've been skipping as part of my cardio with my workout routine. I've gone from 15 mins after each session, to now 20 mins since the start of this week. I skip barefoot on a carpet, and I do it 5 days a week.

I noticed a very large blister on my big toe. During the first week, I felt it, but I thought it had subsided away after that familiar blister feeling went away at the beginning of this week. Today however, I looked down when I felt that pain return and low and behold, it was there. So anyway, I cannot let this hinder my workouts, no way in hell.

Anyone out there have any remedies or suggestions on how to cure it or perhaps do something as to not create further damage? I've had experience with blisters before, and the only remedy I know of is pretty much to stay off it as best as possible and let it heal, but I can't take my cardio away for this...

never_2_big
10-29-08, 11:03 pm
the cause of blisters is usually due to friction, in your case between the carpet and your toes... so the remedy is to cut it down the friction...

try wearing a good pair of socks, or even wearing your trainers while skipping...
another option is to change surfaces. if you dont do it on the carpet youll probably want to wear shoes anyway.

if your looking for a quick fix, get some tape and strap your toe...should make a differnce.

hope this helped bro

Sphinx
10-29-08, 11:26 pm
the cause of blisters is usually due to friction, in your case between the carpet and your toes... so the remedy is to cut it down the friction...

try wearing a good pair of socks, or even wearing your trainers while skipping...
another option is to change surfaces. if you dont do it on the carpet youll probably want to wear shoes anyway.

if your looking for a quick fix, get some tape and strap your toe...should make a differnce.

hope this helped bro

The only other surface I can skip on is stone cold pavement, its in doors, not outside. I'll put on some socks and see how everything goes, when I workout I'm barefoot but I wear leather slippers. I can't skip with the slippers though cause it just doesn't work.

As for the tape, no way man, had that in the army, makes me cringe at the thought of peeling off and tearing skin away... ugh...

Cstlfx
10-30-08, 12:58 am
What about moleskin? Whenever I had blisters I'd slap some Dr. Scholls moleskin on, then in the shower when it was soaking wet, it was very easy to peel off.

JMC
10-30-08, 10:27 am
Moleskin definitely helps! I play soccer every week and virtually have constant blisters on my toes and feet...just part of the game...