PDA

View Full Version : i want massive arms.

mancunian'freakshow
10-30-08, 7:59 am
could any of you guys give me a specific workout which could help improve my size mostly in my upper body such as shoulders, chest and especially arms as i am currently in a decent program with my legs and i have made much improvment. i just need to catch up with my upper body size. cheers for the help........

DMBIG
10-30-08, 4:59 pm
Military press for shoulders. Barbell curls are great for arms. And the good ol flat bench for chest. All of these work good for me. But everyone is different.

Factory
10-30-08, 5:06 pm
On both tri's and bi's make sure you SQUEEEEEZE, bench just go heavy, and if you want more of a good-looking frame than strength do a lot of incline work, flyes really pump my chest personally.

shizz702
10-30-08, 5:11 pm
Squat, bench press, deadlift, military press, and barbell rows should be the staples of your program. Train those hard and you can't go wrong. If want bigger arms your whole body has to grow, so make sure your main focus is on the big lifts that will stimulate growth throughout your entire body.

Aggression
10-30-08, 5:28 pm
could any of you guys give me a specific workout which could help improve my size mostly in my upper body such as shoulders, chest and especially arms as i am currently in a decent program with my legs and i have made much improvment. i just need to catch up with my upper body size. cheers for the help........

Of course, you wanna hit the basic, barbell curls, bench press, deadlifts, military presses, close grip bench.

I always did barbell curls and bench presses, and never really gained that much. For over a year now, I haven't done a bench press or a straight barbell curl, and my chest/arms took off in growth. Everyone is different. For me, I do standing dumbbell curls, preacher bench ez-bar curls, and for chest i hit incline bench, flat dumbbell, and decline dbell flyes. everyone is different bro. Nail out the basics, and if they don't work, toy around with other exercises as you see fit.

diesel1976
10-30-08, 5:55 pm
Squat, bench press, deadlift, military press, and barbell rows should be the staples of your program. Train those hard and you can't go wrong. If want bigger arms your whole body has to grow, so make sure your main focus is on the big lifts that will stimulate growth throughout your entire body.

Shizz hit the bullpin on the head with a 10lb sledge! Thats the stuff that makes your upper body grow as a whole, which is what you need.

When you hit arms, train em heavy but only as heavy as you can while still feeling the work in the target muscle and make sure you squeeze the shit out of each rep. A few supersets and drops here and there wont hurt either.

sanga
10-30-08, 5:58 pm

Agreed and a shit load of good food every single day, meal after meal, day in day out, never missing one, sleep and rest too.

powerhouse
11-03-08, 8:11 am
dont forget forearms

Woolsey
11-03-08, 4:14 pm
yeh hes right train your forearms heavy any hard. have you ever heard of farmers walks? where you grab to heavy dumbells n walk as far as ya can before ya drop them? i think thats what their called lol but ya could just stand still. Use dumbbells so heavy you can only hold on to them for a minute or so. After a few weeks you'l notice big strength gains in all the major lifts. And more strength can equal more muscle with the proper training

plus they look lethal

RepItOut
11-03-08, 4:25 pm
fuk yer h00ge forearms are the Shizz..!! big guns = heaps of drop sets with lots of squeeze.. i prefer sometimes to drop the weight and really rep it out..!! ahah gets me pumped.. nice slow and control.

jeff00z28
11-03-08, 10:28 pm
i would suggest asking greg voluntion lol not

prowrestler
11-04-08, 11:12 am
i would suggest asking greg voluntion lol not

valentino is the man! dont diss him, he was in such good shape, before he used A.A.S., he compoeted in untested comps natural and placed very high or won.

he's intelligent, he is honest and admited he fucked up asnd now trys to guide people in the right direction. he is a good guy. role model,honestly.

Aggression
11-04-08, 11:14 am
valentino is the man! dont diss him, he was in such good shape, before he used A.A.S., he compoeted in untested comps natural and placed very high or won.

he's intelligent, he is honest and admited he fucked up asnd now trys to guide people in the right direction. he is a good guy. role model,honestly.

I agree, he gets a bad rap for obvious reasons, but I'm a fan. Anyone ever watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI

shined a new light on the way I look at him.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 11:23 am
yep, very good video

simpleguy
11-04-08, 11:44 am
I agree, he gets a bad rap for obvious reasons, but I'm a fan. Anyone ever watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI

shined a new light on the way I look at him.

yeah, it was posted here a while back, good vid... I don't what he took, most of us (I hope) know the reason for which his arm happened what it happened and it doesn't have anything to do with AAS

prowrestler
11-04-08, 11:56 am
yeah, it was posted here a while back, good vid... I don't what he took, most of us (I hope) know the reason for which his arm happened what it happened and it doesn't have anything to do with AAS

synthol is classified as an A.A.S. even though it has nothing in common with them, its under the same class as them for some odd reason.

Aggression
11-04-08, 12:19 pm
synthol is classified as an A.A.S. even though it has nothing in common with them, its under the same class as them for some odd reason.

Exactly.

Regardless of that whole situation, he really seems to know his stuff. We all did it when we started; copied a pro's routine, made sure we bench pressed, squatted 1/4 of the way down with WAY too much weight. Ah you live and you learn. A young guy starting out should watch that video. I wish I watched it years ago when I started, I would have saved a bunch of time.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 12:45 pm
Exactly.

Regardless of that whole situation, he really seems to know his stuff. We all did it when we started; copied a pro's routine, made sure we bench pressed, squatted 1/4 of the way down with WAY too much weight. Ah you live and you learn. A young guy starting out should watch that video. I wish I watched it years ago when I started, I would have saved a bunch of time.

he is really smart. you learn alot when you live a life like him. people forget he trained 23 years natural and placed great. he had a killer body aswell, no shit lol!

Then he got involved with the drug life and so on but what? that erases 23 years of bodybuilding which in that span, he for sure learned alot and has alot to offer.

i hate how people judge him just because hes a freak and had a bad trip in life. life has its good times and its bad times but what makes a good individual is being able to overcome the bad, and cherish the good.

greg openly admits he fucked up. he says it sooo many mother fuckin times it just gets under my skin how people still mock and hate this guy. he is really nice in person too.

Aggression
11-04-08, 1:00 pm
he is really smart. you learn alot when you live a life like him. people forget he trained 23 years natural and placed great. he had a killer body aswell, no shit lol!

Then he got involved with the drug life and so on but what? that erases 23 years of bodybuilding which in that span, he for sure learned alot and has alot to offer.

i hate how people judge him just because hes a freak and had a bad trip in life. life has its good times and its bad times but what makes a good individual is being able to overcome the bad, and cherish the good.

greg openly admits he fucked up. he says it sooo many mother fuckin times it just gets under my skin how people still mock and hate this guy. he is really nice in person too.

couldn't agree more

nevergiveup92
11-04-08, 2:29 pm
the man did use steriods but regardless he still knows his shit, just because he used aas doesnt mean shit, he still knows how to fuckin bodybuild

Carpe Diem P.T
11-04-08, 2:54 pm
this thread is not about greg, its about helping this kid out so stay on track folks.

Look mate you are 19 which means you have only been lifting as an 'adult' for a very short time.

The best advice i can give you is to use tight form. It doesnt matter if you can throw up 40lb dumbells if you are heaving them up with your back. You keep strict form, keep the majority of load right on the arms and WHAM. you will get there.

Keep in mind that Triceps is 2/3rd of your arm. biceps only makes up a small portion.

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:10 pm
The best advice i can give you is to use tight form. It doesnt matter if you can throw up 40lb dumbells if you are heaving them up with your back. You keep strict form, keep the majority of load right on the arms and WHAM. you will get there.

Keep in mind that Triceps is 2/3rd of your arm. biceps only makes up a small portion.

Two very important things to remember. Blast your triceps with as much intensity as you do your biceps and watch your arms takes off. Not too many people understand that 2/3 is triceps.

Strict form is crucial in arms

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:11 pm
this thread is not about greg, its about helping this kid out so stay on track folks.

Look mate you are 19 which means you have only been lifting as an 'adult' for a very short time.

yep, we all got side tracked, probably my fault lol! way to keep this thread on track.

id agree with you too, arms should mean lots of tricep work with an equal attnetion to biceps.

heavy and hard basic compound movements for triceps and heavy barbell curls for biceps followed by some more isolation moves, consantraiting on feeling the muscle contract would be how id approach arm training.

do not neglect forearms

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:13 pm
damn prowrestler, you following me around here on this forvm?

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:13 pm

lol, it would seem like it!

simpleguy
11-04-08, 3:14 pm

nah, he posted 1 minute after you, I kinda doubt he started that post after seeing yours :p

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:16 pm
nah, he posted 1 minute after you, I kinda doubt he started that post after seeing yours :p

lol, i send the post and his beat mine to the thread!