PDA

View Full Version : From Tiny to Tank

Pages : [1] 2

sodapop
10-30-08, 8:47 am
Ever since I can remember, I've been grossly underweight. I'm currently (at the very beginning of my "journey") 113 lbs at 5 feet 8 inches tall. I've wanted to get bigger for a long while, but just, for one reason or another, never got down to it. Now, I'm deciding to do that.

I'll keep track of my progress, workout program, diet, etc. here. I think being able to refer to this will help me out, and I'll also, hopefully, get some advice from experienced builders. I'll be doing my best to update with pictures as necessary. I'll take my "before" pics when I get home today, and post them here.

HEIGHT 5'8''

STARTING WEIGHT 110 lbs. - 10/25/08
CURRENT WEIGHT 114 lbs. - 10/30/08
GOAL WEIGHT 145 lbs.

The current workout I'm using is Rippetoe's Starting Strength;

ON DAYS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Alternating A, B workouts (ie. A, B, A one week, B, A, B the next)

A DAY WORKOUT
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

B DAY WORKOUT
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing Military Press
3x5 Bent Over Rows

I also throw in (currently - will probably add more/increase later) 2 sets of 8 chin-ups at the end of my workouts.

DIET
This I need some help with. I don't currently have a set diet per se. I'm just eating as much as I can, which may be fine, I don't know.

These are the things I do know, and have been trying to reach:

PER DAY:
-Around 3k cals
-1g of protein per lb. of body weight
-Lots of carbs (just found out about this - working on getting some carb-rich foods)
-Taking whey
- 1 for breakfast (1 scoop)
- 1 post-workout (2 scoops)
-Before bed, I'm eating stuff like Peanut Butter, drinking milk, etc.

PICS
These will be up soon.

I will also post my lifts when I get stats on them.

Thanks for reading/any advice!

T o m m Y
10-30-08, 9:20 am
Ever since I can remember, I've been grossly underweight. I'm currently (at the very beginning of my "journey") 113 lbs at 5 feet 8 inches tall. I've wanted to get bigger for a long while, but just, for one reason or another, never got down to it. Now, I'm deciding to do that.

I'll keep track of my progress, workout program, diet, etc. here. I think being able to refer to this will help me out, and I'll also, hopefully, get some advice from experienced builders. I'll be doing my best to update with pictures as necessary. I'll take my "before" pics when I get home today, and post them here.

HEIGHT 5'8''

STARTING WEIGHT 110 lbs. - 10/25/08
CURRENT WEIGHT 114 lbs. - 10/30/08
GOAL WEIGHT 145 lbs.

The current workout I'm using is Rippetoe's Starting Strength;

ON DAYS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Alternating A, B workouts (ie. A, B, A one week, B, A, B the next)

A DAY WORKOUT
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

B DAY WORKOUT
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing Military Press
3x5 Bent Over Rows

I also throw in (currently - will probably add more/increase later) 2 sets of 8 chin-ups at the end of my workouts.

DIET
This I need some help with. I don't currently have a set diet per se. I'm just eating as much as I can, which may be fine, I don't know.

These are the things I do know, and have been trying to reach:

PER DAY:
-Around 3k cals
-1g of protein per lb. of body weight
-Lots of carbs (just found out about this - working on getting some carb-rich foods)
-Taking whey
- 1 for breakfast (1 scoop)
- 1 post-workout (2 scoops)

PICS
These will be up soon.

I will also post my lifts when I get stats on them.

Thanks for reading/any advice!

Loooks awsome!!!

you starting out with the right routine,building a goood strength base wit hthe compound lifts!!!

GOODLUCK BRO!!

IM SUBBED!

shizz702
10-30-08, 9:45 am
Loooks awsome!!!

you starting out with the right routine,building a goood strength base wit hthe compound lifts!!!

GOODLUCK BRO!!

IM SUBBED!

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shit you not the exact routine you are doing is exactly what I was gonna recommend you do! Glad to see you doing it, you are definitely on the right track. Just make sure your food and rest is dialed in and you can't go wrong. That routine will develop a solid foundation of strength and mass for you.

I did a write up here:http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=540977&postcount=224 that you may find helpful. And as far as diet goes, Rippetoe recommends, as do I, that you drink a gallon of milk a day while doing that routine. It will help you gain weight fast.

Best of luck to ya bro, I'll definitely be following along here. I'm so glad for once to see someone like yourself start off on the right routine.

scals
10-30-08, 10:17 am
Best of luck to you bro. You hit the nail on the head with the diet, EAT EAT EAT. If you have any specific questions let me know, I'll be happy to help.

sodapop
10-30-08, 2:46 pm
Thanks for the replies and support guys! Like I said, I'll have some photos up tonight.

On Letting Go
10-30-08, 2:49 pm
You have a solid plan bro. Make that shit happen.

Factory
10-30-08, 2:51 pm

Make sure you brush after drinking milk, even if you wake up to drink a shake at night, cause it milk rots your teeth.

All I can say is that it should be a harder day in the KITCHEN than it is in the weightroom. Your stomach should have a harder time than your muscles for a while. Get in those big meals and you'll put on the size. Good luck brother.

sodapop
10-30-08, 3:09 pm
Make sure you brush after drinking milk, even if you wake up to drink a shake at night, cause it milk rots your teeth.

All I can say is that it should be a harder day in the KITCHEN than it is in the weightroom. Your stomach should have a harder time than your muscles for a while. Get in those big meals and you'll put on the size. Good luck brother.

Thanks for the milk tip :P.

And yeah, I've noticed that. I almost puked at lunch yesterday. It's definitely pretty difficult to go from eating hardly at all to eating as much as possible. But, I like it. :P Eating more just makes me hungrier it seems.

Edit: Up to 115.5 right now.

Can I not edit my OP just 'cause I have low post count or...?

shizz702
10-30-08, 3:23 pm
The eating will come naturally in time. Right now I'm sure your body is adjusting to it. Hit your squats hard and heavy, and eat big and the weight will come bro. Also, when doing lots of squats like that it will also help with your appetite.

Factory
10-30-08, 3:25 pm
Can I not edit my OP just 'cause I have low post count or...?

you can only edit posts for a few minutes after you post it. it's similar to the timer on polls.

Aggression
10-30-08, 4:02 pm
Good luck man. Pound the food, pounds the weights, and get some good rest.

Also .. either I missed it, or you didn't post it, but whats your age?

sodapop
10-30-08, 7:26 pm
Good luck man. Pound the food, pounds the weights, and get some good rest.

Also .. either I missed it, or you didn't post it, but whats your age?

Sorry; forgot to mention. I'm 17.

J Wong
10-30-08, 11:00 pm
Now that you're into this whole eating thing, me and you are going to start going and eating the shit out of some chinese buffets and stuff. haha

sodapop
10-30-08, 11:05 pm
Here are my "before" pics...

Back - Unflexed
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backundc1.png

Back - Flexed
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backflexei3.png

Upper Body Front - Unflexed
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperunuz4.png

Upper Body Front - Flexed
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperflexcz3.png

Legs - Unflexed
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legsunsb9.png

Legs - Flexed
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legsflexsz3.png

shizz702
10-30-08, 11:22 pm
Here are my "before" pics...

Back - Unflexed
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backundc1.png

Back - Flexed
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backflexei3.png

Upper Body Front - Unflexed
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperunuz4.png

Upper Body Front - Flexed
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperflexcz3.png

Legs - Unflexed
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legsunsb9.png

Legs - Flexed
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legsflexsz3.png

Boy them squats, food, and milk are gonna do you good! You're pretty lean so you're gonna gain a lot of clean mass. I'm really looking foward to seeing how you're gonna look after a couple months of this!

sodapop
10-30-08, 11:24 pm
Boy them squats, food, and milk are gonna do you good! You're pretty lean so you're gonna gain a lot of clean mass. I'm really looking foward to seeing how you're gonna look after a couple months of this!

Thanks for the reply man, and the motivation!

shizz702
10-30-08, 11:45 pm
Thanks for the reply man, and the motivation!

No problem bro. I started out looking just like you did and stayed looking that way for a while til I geared my training more towards the routine you are doing.

When I first started out training I weighed around 170-175 at 6'3" which is anorexic at that height, and now here I am at 220. If I can do it so can you! Stay motivated and eat and train hard bro!

scals
10-31-08, 12:31 am
Yea man you have a real lean base to start off with. Just keep pounding that food. Your body has no choice but to grow.

I know your just starting out with a lot of this shit so my biggest piece of advice when it comes to training is to fuck the numbers. Do not worry about much your lifting. As you add size you will add strength. Make sure your ego does not conflict with your goals.

Again if you need anything please feel free to ask. Best of luck brother.

J Wong
10-31-08, 3:38 pm
Hey what are your lifts?

The Sun
10-31-08, 4:30 pm
very good, I like what I see which is lots of compound heavy shit.
pictures aren't working for me by the way.

I'd also recommend you to work up your form of lifting before you jump in the weights, make sure your form is good.
get people who know how to lift well to check your form out when you train, or either shoot a video of yourself and upload it so we could watch it and note you some tips to get a better form.

sodapop
11-02-08, 7:02 pm
Little update... Currently 117 lbs. I'm actually looking fatter in my torso. Obviously, there's no visible improvement really muscle-wise yet.

J Wong
11-02-08, 7:13 pm
Little update... Currently 117 lbs. I'm actually looking fatter in my torso. Obviously, there's no visible improvement really muscle-wise yet.

Most likely water weight that you are referring to in your torso. It'll be a little before visible improvement muscle wise, it takes time. Just get that protein in!

sodapop
11-02-08, 7:18 pm
Most likely water weight that you are referring to in your torso. It'll be a little before visible improvement muscle wise, it takes time. Just get that protein in!

Word, I figured it might be.

I'm always really looking forward to getting to the gym, which is a plus. I need to get some different Whey, though. Mine tastes terrible.

J Wong
11-02-08, 7:35 pm
Word, I figured it might be.

I'm always really looking forward to getting to the gym, which is a plus. I need to get some different Whey, though. Mine tastes terrible.

I use double rich chocolate flavor from Optimum Nutrition. 72 servings, around $42. Tastes pretty good.

sodapop
11-02-08, 7:46 pm
I use double rich chocolate flavor from Optimum Nutrition. 72 servings, around $42. Tastes pretty good.

I'll check that out. I have some chocolate flavored shit from Body Fortress.

sodapop
11-03-08, 3:48 pm
Going to the gym today around 6:00, so I'll post my workout when I get back.

sodapop
11-03-08, 7:18 pm
First off, I wanna say that, with all of these lifts, unfortunately, I could've done more, but I didn't want to change my weight after I'd already started (after warm ups). I'll up them next time.

Anyway, here they are:

Squat - 3x5 @ 115
Military Press - 3x5 @ 60
Bent Over Rows - 3x5 @ 60
Chin ups - 2x8

scals
11-03-08, 7:27 pm
Solid day brother. Keep eating and training hard and you'll reach that target weight in no time.

sodapop
11-03-08, 7:30 pm
Solid day brother. Keep eating and training hard and you'll reach that target weight in no time.

Thanks, scals. I'm a little disappointed that I ended up working with weight that low, but I'll just up it next time.

Speaking of eating, I gotta go make some dinner.

scals
11-03-08, 7:33 pm
Thanks, scals. I'm a little disappointed that I ended up working with weight that low, but I'll just up it next time.

Speaking of eating, I gotta go make some dinner.

That's the attitude to have man. Pound it next time.

Go eat my man.

J Wong
11-03-08, 9:46 pm
First off, I wanna say that, with all of these lifts, unfortunately, I could've done more, but I didn't want to change my weight after I'd already started (after warm ups). I'll up them next time.

Anyway, here they are:

Squat - 3x5 @ 115
Military Press - 3x5 @ 60
Bent Over Rows - 3x5 @ 60
Chin ups - 2x8

That's pretty good, just make sure your form is down for all three of those main lifts. Squats and bent over rows are the most commonly messed up lifts for beginners.

shizz702
11-03-08, 9:50 pm
Solid work bro. Just put forth the effort and you can't go wrong with this. As long as you eat right and sleep well your body will have no choice but to become bigger and stronger!

The standard protocol of this routine is to add 5 lbs to the bar every workout. Just do that and you'll make linear progress for a long time.

sodapop
11-03-08, 10:30 pm
That's pretty good, just make sure your form is down for all three of those main lifts. Squats and bent over rows are the most commonly messed up lifts for beginners.

I'm pretty confident in my form on the squats and presses, but I have a bit of trouble with the rows, 'cause I don't exactly know what perfect form for those is. Gonna look it up right now.

Thanks for the support, shizz!

The Sun
11-04-08, 1:50 am
Solid work bro. Just put forth the effort and you can't go wrong with this. As long as you eat right and sleep well your body will have no choice but to become bigger and stronger!

The standard protocol of this routine is to add 5 lbs to the bar every workout. Just do that and you'll make linear progress for a long time.

agreed, just eat like a beast and train the beastly way and guess what? you're eventually becoming a beast after a while.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-04-08, 1:56 am
so glad you are going hard. i have been a skinny runt and a fat bastard myself. i know how it all goes. done it before.

what happened to those before pics. i didnt see them

sodapop
11-04-08, 7:34 am
so glad you are going hard. i have been a skinny runt and a fat bastard myself. i know how it all goes. done it before.

what happened to those before pics. i didnt see them

I posted them on the first page. Did they just not work for you?

Factory
11-04-08, 8:15 am
Good 5x5 routine.
Congrats on the added poundage, it feels good to be heavier then ever.
Good luck broski.

sodapop
11-04-08, 8:20 am
Good 5x5 routine.
Congrats on the added poundage, it feels good to be heavier then ever.
Good luck broski.

Thanks man - Indeed it does, haha.

sodapop
11-04-08, 10:57 pm
Tomorrow I will finally get up early enough to make a substantial breakfast. That's the one meal I've been lacking in, because I haven't gotten up early enough. I think I'll have something like 3 eggs, some toast, some trail mix, and milk or a shake.

Got bench, squats, and deads tomorrow, so I'll post my lifts for those. Can't wait to hit the gym!

J Wong
11-04-08, 11:11 pm
Tomorrow I will finally get up early enough to make a substantial breakfast. That's the one meal I've been lacking in, because I haven't gotten up early enough. I think I'll have something like 3 eggs, some toast, some trail mix, and milk or a shake.

Got bench, squats, and deads tomorrow, so I'll post my lifts for those. Can't wait to hit the gym!

Um, Make it 5 whole eggs, minimum. 3 whole eggs is 15 grams of protein... Not exactly what you're looking for. And a whey shake with that, with toast (or oatmeal).

sodapop
11-04-08, 11:14 pm
Um, Make it 5 whole eggs, minimum. 3 whole eggs is 15 grams of protein... Not exactly what you're looking for. And a whey shake with that, with toast (or oatmeal).

Five eggs it is. For breakfast shakes should I use milk or water? I just drank my last bit of whole milk, so if it's milk, I'll have to settle for low fat. :(

I'd go with the oatmeal, but I have a very hard time stomaching it.

shizz702
11-04-08, 11:18 pm
Five eggs it is. For breakfast shakes should I use milk or water? I just drank my last bit of whole milk, so if it's milk, I'll have to settle for low fat. :(

I'd go with the oatmeal, but I have a very hard time stomaching it.

Milk! Always use milk for your shakes!

sodapop
11-04-08, 11:19 pm
Milk! Always use milk for your shakes!

I was under the impression that, for pre-workout (PWO too?), water is best for fast absorption. Is this not true?

J Wong
11-05-08, 6:16 am
If you can't stomach the oatmeal, don't eat it. It's just more nutritious. I don't think milk pre workout would be a great idea, but it depends on how you can stomach it. And if you are worried about eggs getting expensive from eating so many every morning, you can get 5 dozen for $9 at our walmart.

The Sun
11-05-08, 6:34 am
I would puke if I drink milk pre-workout.

sodapop
11-05-08, 7:30 am
If you can't stomach the oatmeal, don't eat it. It's just more nutritious. I don't think milk pre workout would be a great idea, but it depends on how you can stomach it. And if you are worried about eggs getting expensive from eating so many every morning, you can get 5 dozen for $9 at our walmart.

Damn! I'm gonna make sure to do that.

sodapop
11-05-08, 7:49 am
Can no longer edit my last post unfortunately.
Just wanted to add that I weighed in at 118 this morning. A pound's a pound!

Factory
11-05-08, 8:32 am
definitely not a hard-gainer, either that or your just putting in work during lunchtime...
Keep it up bro, making great progress.

sodapop
11-05-08, 8:33 am
definitely not a hard-gainer, either that or your just putting in work during lunchtime...
Keep it up bro, making great progress.

I usually eat 'till I feel about to puke at lunch. And I try to get in a ton of milk and some pb before bed and what not.

But, no, I don't think I'm really a hard-gainer - I just ate like a fucking bird before.
Thanks, man. Definitely will be sticking to it.

sodapop
11-05-08, 9:13 pm
Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 95 lbs
Squat - 3x5 at 120 lbs (+5)
Deadlift - 3x5 at 100 lbs (+10) - These were noticably harder today. I think I was using too little weight before. I feel like I got a good workout from these.

Good day, overall.

scals
11-05-08, 9:15 pm
Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 95 lbs
Deadlift - 3x5 at 100 lbs (+10) - These were noticably harder today. I think I was using too little weight before. I feel like I got a good workout from these.

Good day, overall.

Good work man. Keep it up.

J Wong
11-05-08, 9:26 pm
Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 95 lbs

Good day, overall.

You must be in and out of that gym with that routine haha. Good job on adding weight on the squat and the deadlift.

sodapop
11-05-08, 9:30 pm
You must be in and out of that gym with that routine haha. Good job on adding weight on the squat and the deadlift.

Haha, yeah it only takes me like 30 mins. Which is kind of annoying. But, I suppose it gets the job done for where I'm at right now.

Forgot to add, I threw in 2x8 dips in place of the chin ups today.

J Wong
11-05-08, 9:30 pm
Haha, yeah it only takes me like 30 mins. Which is kind of annoying. But, I suppose it gets the job done for where I'm at right now.

Forgot to add, I threw in 2x8 dips in place of the chin ups today.

Dips are great, a lot of people don't understand the importance of this exercise.

shizz702
11-05-08, 10:07 pm
Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 95 lbs

Good day, overall.

Excellent work bro! These numbers are gonna sky rocket in no time!

How is your form on these lifts? Did you have a coach or a friend that lifts teach them to you?

sodapop
11-05-08, 10:09 pm
Excellent work bro! These numbers are gonna sky rocket in no time!

How is your form on these lifts? Did you have a coach or a friend that lifts teach them to you?

Thanks, man.
I took weightlifting class where I learned them pretty well. I'm really confident with my squat and bench form, and the deads I'm pretty sure I've got down.

shizz702
11-05-08, 10:45 pm
Thanks, man.
I took weightlifting class where I learned them pretty well. I'm really confident with my squat and bench form, and the deads I'm pretty sure I've got down.

Good shit bro! Just focus on getting stronger on these lifts and keep eating as much you can stomach and the rest will take care of itself!

Just remember when you squat to get low! Best to get in that habit now while you are just starting out, cause most have tendancy to half squat and pile the weight on, only to have to deload and learn the right form all over again. I speak from experience cause that actually happened to me in the past.

sodapop
11-05-08, 10:52 pm
Good shit bro! Just focus on getting stronger on these lifts and keep eating as much you can stomach and the rest will take care of itself!

Just remember when you squat to get low! Best to get in that habit now while you are just starting out, cause most have tendancy to half squat and pile the weight on, only to have to deload and learn the right form all over again. I speak from experience cause that actually happened to me in the past.

Oh, I squat Ass to Grass. Luckily, I picked that up early from boom. :) Thanks for the tips man!

sodapop
11-06-08, 10:50 pm
Though I did just eat earlier and just drank some milk, I'm happy to say that, for the first time ever, I weigh over 120 pounds! Currently 121. Hopefully I'll be at like 119 or so when I wake up. :D

shizz702
11-06-08, 10:53 pm
Though I did just eat earlier and just drank some milk, I'm happy to say that, for the first time ever, I weigh over 120 pounds! Currently 121. Hopefully I'll be at like 119 or so when I wake up. :D

Good shit bro! Don't forget to have a shake before bed, and if you wake up in the middle of the night drink another glass of milk to keep the protein flowing!

sodapop
11-07-08, 8:48 am
Okay, I don't like just eating and keeping myself guessing on how many calories I'm really eating, so I put together a diet on Fitday.com.

Here it is:

6:30am Meal 1 - 5 med eggs (1 cup), 1 cup milk - 620 cals
8:30am Meal 2 - Protein bar, 1 pack of oatmeal, raw - 353 cals
10:30am Meal 3 - 2 cups brown rice, 8oz chicken breast - 873 cals
12:30pm Meal 4 - Peanut butter sandwich, 1 cup milk - 488 cals
2:30-2:45pm Meal 5 - 1 scoop whey -110 cals
4:30pm Meal 6 PWO - 2 scoops whey w/ 2 cups milk - 512 cals
6:30pm Meal 7 - Bubba burger - 420 cals
8:30-9:00pm - 1 scoop whey w/ 2 cups milk - 402 cals

Total cals - 3778.
I'll calculate total fat, carbs, and protein when I get home. But, from this, how does it look?

shizz702
11-07-08, 10:47 am
Okay, I don't like just eating and keeping myself guessing on how many calories I'm really eating, so I put together a diet on Fitday.com.

Here it is:

Total cals - 3778.
I'll calculate total fat, carbs, and protein when I get home. But, from this, how does it look?

I'm sure 3700 cals is plenty for you to grow, the only thing I'd suggest is to throw some fruits and veggies in the mix. Other than that looks pretty good.

scals
11-07-08, 11:10 am
Diet looks pretty solid. My one suggestion is to possibly throw in one more scoop of whey at night. You have a lot of time from your last meal to your first meal the next day. You might want a little more protein for while you're sleeping.

The Sun
11-07-08, 11:35 am
I agree with shizz, this is some serious amount of cals for you to grow, just pop in some veggies to get all the vitamins your body needs or either get a multi-vitamin to complete the whole deal.

sodapop
11-07-08, 2:07 pm
Thanks, guys. I'm gonna try to get a multi.

sodapop
11-07-08, 3:08 pm
Bout to go to the gym, but I have work after. I'll post my lifts tonight.

The Sun
11-07-08, 3:11 pm
Bout to go to the gym, but I have work after. I'll post my lifts tonight.

Pound them pounds.

J Wong
11-07-08, 4:27 pm
That's one solid diet man, if you can keep that everyday, you'll grow. Consistency is the key.

sodapop
11-07-08, 10:09 pm
3x5 squat @ 125 (+5)
3x5 military @ 70 (+10)
3x5 bent over rows @ 70 (+10)

J Wong
11-07-08, 10:15 pm
3x5 squat @ 125 (+5)
3x5 military @ 70 (+10)
3x5 bent over rows @ 70 (+10)

Keep on adding that weight!

The Sun
11-08-08, 2:33 am
good job soda, pound after pound and rep after rep.
that's the way we do.

sodapop
11-08-08, 8:32 am
Word to that; thanks guys!

Factory
11-08-08, 8:56 am
I keep telling my friend to eat how you are, he's always wondering why he can't put any size on, very similar build to you... Stick with it, your diet is flawless, and your routine is proven.
I bet your V is goanna be rediculous after your bulk, and your probably still goanna be really low bf% with your diet so strictly adhered to.

sodapop
11-08-08, 9:51 am
I keep telling my friend to eat how you are, he's always wondering why he can't put any size on, very similar build to you... Stick with it, your diet is flawless, and your routine is proven.
I bet your V is goanna be rediculous after your bulk, and your probably still goanna be really low bf% with your diet so strictly adhered to.

Thanks, bro.
What do you mean by V?

sodapop
11-10-08, 4:49 pm
Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 105
Squat - 3x5 @ 125
Deadlift - 3x5 @ 105

2x10 Dips (Body weight)

scals
11-10-08, 5:45 pm
Thanks, bro.
What do you mean by V?

V-taper. Wide shoulders and lats into a tiny waist, making it look like a V

Workout today:

Bench - 3x5 @ 105
Squat - 3x5 @ 125
Deadlift - 3x5 @ 105

2x10 Dips (Body weight)

Solid numbers soda. Keep on pushing bro.

sodapop
11-10-08, 5:46 pm
V-taper. Wide shoulders and lats into a tiny waist, making it look like a V

Solid numbers soda. Keep on pushing bro.

Just realized I was supposed to squat with 130 today. Bah =x.

Thanks bro.

shizz702
11-10-08, 5:46 pm
Damn good work soda! The "V" typically means v taper and is when you develop your back and upper body and when your lats flare out it give your body that V shape. Keep it up and you'll have it!

sodapop
11-10-08, 9:36 pm
Well, fuck. I was just told (by boom) that the smith machine bar is only 15 lbs, not 45. So. my squats today were really only 95... That pisses me fuck off. I'm gonna start going to his gym, I hate the smith. I knew it felt light...

The Sun
11-11-08, 2:03 am
Well, fuck. I was just told (by boom) that the smith machine bar is only 15 lbs, not 45. So. my squats today were really only 95... That pisses me fuck off. I'm gonna start going to his gym, I hate the smith. I knew it felt light...

let the smith machine alone and never get close to it again.
positive anger there, smash the iron.

sodapop
11-11-08, 7:42 am
Holy shit, my traps are sore today. :D

Can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow, without a fucking smith machine on my squats...

The Sun
11-11-08, 12:49 pm

Can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow, without a fucking smith machine on my squats...

That's the spirit.

Aggression
11-11-08, 12:50 pm

Do it up bro, blast them legs.

J Wong
11-11-08, 3:26 pm
Can't wait until friday!!

scals
11-11-08, 5:24 pm
Looking forward to some big things tomorrow bro.

sodapop
11-12-08, 5:41 pm
Today's workout:

3x5 Squat @ 100 (Smith)
3x5 Military Press @ 75
3x5 Bent over Rows @ 75

2x10 Chin-ups

Threw all this in as I was waiting for my girlfriend to finish her workout:

Walking BB Lunges (Bar extended above head)
3 x 4 steps x 47 lbs
4 x 4 steps x 57 lbs
2 x 4 steps x 67 lbs

Rope Pulldowns
10 @ 40 lbs x 1
5 @ 50 lbs x 2

DB Lateral Raises
1x10 @ 10 lbs

Idk how smart throwing that other shit in was, but I was bored and I wanted to keep lifting!

*Note: I don't know if this goes without saying, so I'll say it, ha:
On the rope pulldowns, I separated my hands at the bottom.

shizz702
11-12-08, 5:47 pm
Today's workout:

3x5 Squat @ 100 (Smith)
3x5 Military Press @ 75
3x5 Bent over Rows @ 75

2x10 Chin-ups

Threw all this in as I was waiting for my girlfriend to finish her workout:

Walking BB Lunges (Bar extended above head)
3 x 4 steps x 47 lbs
4 x 4 steps x 57 lbs
2 x 4 steps x 67 lbs

Rope Pulldowns
10 @ 40 lbs x 1
5 @ 50 lbs x 2

DB Lateral Raises
1x10 @ 10 lbs

Idk how smart throwing that other shit in was, but I was bored and I wanted to keep lifting!

*Note: I don't know if this goes without saying, so I'll say it, ha:
On the rope pulldowns, I separated my hands at the bottom.

Ok I missed it, but why are you squatting in a smith machine?

Avoid it at all costs! If your gym doesn't have a rack switch to one that does.

And all that extra stuff you threw in there was just a waste of time bro. Don't fuck with the program, follow it to the letter, it is the way it is for a reason.

Solid work regardless bro, but ditch the smith machine and again don't add any extra stuff.

sodapop
11-12-08, 5:48 pm
Ok I missed it, but why are you squatting in a smith machine?

Avoid it at all costs! If your gym doesn't have a rack switch to one that does.

And all that extra stuff you threw in there was just a waste of time bro. Don't fuck with the program, follow it to the letter, it is the way it is for a reason.

Solid work regardless bro, but ditch the smith machine and again don't add any extra stuff.

Yeah, mine doesn't have a rack. Starting Friday I'll be going to boom's gym, though, which has one.
Thanks for the heads up on the added stuff. I can't just sit in a gym man, it itches me. :(

shizz702
11-12-08, 5:52 pm
Yeah, mine doesn't have a rack. Starting Friday I'll be going to boom's gym, though, which has one.
Thanks for the heads up on the added stuff. I can't just sit in a gym man, it itches me. :(

Yea bro train at boom's gym then. And I hear you about sitting around in a gym, I know it sucks. Is your girl doing the same routine? It would be ideal for her to do this routine too cause regardless of gender, this is the absoute best routine for a beginner.

Anyways to give you an idea why that extra stuff isn't needed is cause this routine hits the entire body, and it is just enough to provide the needed stimululation for gains both in strength and mass, and any added work will just interfere with recovery.

sodapop
11-12-08, 6:18 pm
Yea bro train at boom's gym then. And I hear you about sitting around in a gym, I know it sucks. Is your girl doing the same routine? It would be ideal for her to do this routine too cause regardless of gender, this is the absoute best routine for a beginner.

Anyways to give you an idea why that extra stuff isn't needed is cause this routine hits the entire body, and it is just enough to provide the needed stimululation for gains both in strength and mass, and any added work will just interfere with recovery.

No, she's not. She doesn't want to. She just used a few machines today, along with cardio.

Recovery, yeah, should've thought of that...

shizz702
11-12-08, 6:43 pm
No, she's not. She doesn't want to. She just used a few machines today, along with cardio.

Recovery, yeah, should've thought of that...

Lol figures. If only she understood that routine would get her more "toned" than those machines.

You'll see here soon bro, the weight is gonna pile on quick, and when you start lifting way heavier you will need all the recovery you can get.

sodapop
11-12-08, 6:46 pm
Lol figures. If only she understood that routine would get her more "toned" than those machines.

You'll see here soon bro, the weight is gonna pile on quick, and when you start lifting way heavier you will need all the recovery you can get.

Can't wait to get to that point, man.

shizz702
11-12-08, 6:52 pm
Can't wait to get to that point, man.

Oh you'll get there, faster than you think.

J Wong
11-12-08, 8:54 pm
Good job today man.

Factory
11-12-08, 10:13 pm
Bar above the head lunges... that's rediculous... I'm not even goanna try that, I'd probably hurt myself. You must have crazy balance bro. Strong lunges too man, keep it up your goanna grow fast.

sodapop
11-12-08, 10:14 pm
Bar above the head lunges... that's rediculous... I'm not even goanna try that, I'd probably hurt myself. You must have crazy balance bro. Strong lunges too man, keep it up your goanna grow fast.

Haha, maybe, I guess. I'm a skateboarder, sooo.

The Sun
11-13-08, 3:35 am
yo sodapop listen to shizz, he's speaking the truth.
good workout, but again - stay away from smith machines and don't fuck with the routine.

Aggression
11-13-08, 9:55 am
Haha, maybe, I guess. I'm a skateboarder, sooo.

That's one thing I wanna see; a jacked-up skateboarder pulling off kick-flips and nose-grinds haha.

sodapop
11-13-08, 10:27 pm
That's one thing I wanna see; a jacked-up skateboarder pulling off kick-flips and nose-grinds haha.

Hahaha, yeah. I haven't been skating lately, though, for fear of burning cals! Haha. Plus, I just don't really have time.

Anyway, I'll be hitting the gym with boom tomorrow where I'll have access to a squat rack, so I'm looking forward to a real man's leg punishment, haha. Interested to see how I do with the 110 3x5 benching. I missed reps the first 2 times I did it with 95, but 105 wasn't too difficult.

Young_Gun
11-13-08, 11:07 pm
The routine your doing right now is really good. Stay around the 4-7 rep range until your strength comes up around 25 lbs. So when you can lift 25 lbs more on bench, change up from 3x5 to around 4x6. Keep bein an Animal and remember that you're doin this for you

sodapop
11-16-08, 12:49 am
Had a good session with boom yesterday.

3x5 Squat @ 105 (no smith!)
3x5 Bench @ 110 - Had help with one rep
3x5 Deadlift @ 110

1x10 Dips
1xfailure Dips (8 and a half)

^I think the bench took to much out of me for these :(

The Sun
11-16-08, 1:54 am
solid workout, I'd suggest you to not add any exercises such as dips for now, since the compound exercises you're already doing are just enough.
keep dips out for the first month, then - if you feel the need, add them and pull ups if you wish.

sodapop
11-19-08, 8:57 pm
Somewhat disappointing session today...

3x5 Squat @ 115
5,4,4 Bench @ 110
1x5 Deads @ 115

Wasn't feeling well; stomach was feeling weird. :\

shizz702
11-19-08, 9:01 pm
soda my man glad to see you sticking with the program! No worries bro, just keep eating and lifting and you will grow!

sodapop
11-19-08, 9:12 pm
soda my man glad to see you sticking with the program! No worries bro, just keep eating and lifting and you will grow!

Thanks for the ongoing support shizz, means a lot!

shizz702
11-19-08, 9:22 pm
Thanks for the ongoing support shizz, means a lot!

You got it bro!

Look at it this way, you're just a couple workouts shy of hitting 135 on the big lifts, and from there you'll be adding 2.5's, 5's, and 10's and before you know it you'll be stacking 2 plates, and then 3, etc. It happens faster than you think.

How's the weight gain going?

sodapop
11-19-08, 9:26 pm
You got it bro!

Look at it this way, you're just a couple workouts shy of hitting 135 on the big lifts, and from there you'll be adding 2.5's, 5's, and 10's and before you know it you'll be stacking 2 plates, and then 3, etc. It happens faster than you think.

How's the weight gain going?

My weight's stayed the same for about a week, unfortunately. I slacked this weekend at work with no money. Going to have to think ahead more and bring more food. Slacking isn't an option.

shizz702
11-19-08, 9:33 pm
Slacking isn't an option.

No it's not, just look at every lb of body weight you gain as a prized possession and do everything you can to keep each lb and gain more!

I recently slacked on my diet and wrote up a post on it here http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=560942&postcount=330

Check it out when you get a chance, I think you will be able to relate to it.

Big3
11-19-08, 9:38 pm
I just found this journey. I remember my youngest brother wanting to get big like his two older bros. We remember seeing him @ 100lbs when he was 13yrs old. He stuck to heavy lifts and a non stop bulk and 2 years later, is 160lbs. you just have to stick to the grind and pound down the food and never, ever give up.

"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't" live by it.

The Sun
11-20-08, 1:18 am
yo soda keep on.
I'm going to start with this routine next week too, so we're gonna push each other.

sodapop
11-20-08, 7:31 am
yo soda keep on.
I'm going to start with this routine next week too, so we're gonna push each other.

Sounds good, man! Can't wait to check it out!

Factory
11-20-08, 9:46 pm
Don't worry about the lbs not piling on right away... takes time... just gotta make sure you get to your goal, and don't slip up at all until you obtain it. You're making solid gains - strength and size.

Doing squats deads and bench on the same day has gotta be tough... looks like its working well for you though!

sodapop
11-20-08, 9:55 pm
Don't worry about the lbs not piling on right away... takes time... just gotta make sure you get to your goal, and don't slip up at all until you obtain it. You're making solid gains - strength and size.

Doing squats deads and bench on the same day has gotta be tough... looks like its working well for you though!

Thanks, bro.

When I first started the program, I was thinking "Man, this is easy," which is exactly what it said I'd think. Now that I'm adding the pounds on, it's getting tougher. I'm struggling to rep it out, and I like it. Haha. Deads are starting to hurt like a bitch.

shizz702
11-20-08, 10:03 pm
Thanks, bro.

When I first started the program, I was thinking "Man, this is easy," which is exactly what it said I'd think. Now that I'm adding the pounds on, it's getting tougher. I'm struggling to rep it out, and I like it. Haha. Deads are starting to hurt like a bitch.

You know what's funny is so many people knock that program for it's simplicity and think it's too easy, or that it doesn' work. But what they fail to realize is that it gets people strong fast, and gets challenging real quick. Those weights get relatively heavy and after a while it's gets to be a real bitch pulling off those sets. Just keep at it bro, make sure you are getting 9+ hours of sleep each night and are eating like there is no tomorrow. How long have you been at this now?

Factory
11-20-08, 10:08 pm
haha don't remind me. my hammies are so toast... Struggling with that last rep is what seperates you from the people who don't make gains. staying with the program when it gets tough is what makes you an animal.
remember to stretch a little before and after and it will minimalize how much it hurts

J Wong
11-20-08, 10:09 pm
You know what's funny is so many people knock that program for it's simplicity and think it's too easy, or that it doesn' work. But what they fail to realize is that it gets people strong fast, and gets challenging real quick. Those weights get relatively heavy and after a while it's gets to be a real bitch pulling off those sets. Just keep at it bro, make sure you are getting 9+ hours of sleep each night and are eating like there is no tomorrow. How long have you been at this now?

9+ hours is hard for us haha, we have school at 7:30 am.

shizz702
11-20-08, 10:11 pm
9+ hours is hard for us haha, we have school at 7:30 am.

lol don't give me that ;)

I have to wake up at 3 AM for work! I get to bed at 6 PM, you do what you got do bro. You guys are still pretty young though and I'm sure can get by on 5 hours. Shit with me though if I don't get at least 8 I'm hurting the next day.

sodapop
11-20-08, 10:32 pm

This is my 3rd week if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I try to get 8, but usually end up with around 7. I don't fall asleep fast.
Hell yeah Factory. If you're gonna give up when it gets hard, what's the fuckin point, right?

Well, I gotta go make a shake and then get to bed. Night, guys.

sodapop
11-22-08, 1:02 am
3x5 Squat @ 120
3x5 Bent Rows @ 80
3x5 Military @ 80

Good session today.

The Sun
11-22-08, 3:34 am
3x5 Squat @ 120
3x5 Bent Rows @ 80
3x5 Military @ 80

Good session today.

great work soda.
I think you should do the press before the rows.

sodapop
11-22-08, 1:08 pm
Thanks, Sun.

Factory
11-23-08, 11:39 am
You added 20% onto your squat from the smith machine onto regular squats in 10 days... If that isn't gains I don't know what is.

scals
11-23-08, 1:49 pm
3x5 Squat @ 120
3x5 Bent Rows @ 80
3x5 Military @ 80

Good session today.

Looking real good bro. Making a lot of progress. Keep up the solid work and you'll reach your goals in no time.

sodapop
11-23-08, 3:18 pm
You added 20% onto your squat from the smith machine onto regular squats in 10 days... If that isn't gains I don't know what is.

Damn, didn't realize that. Thanks, bro!

sodapop
11-24-08, 5:47 pm
Great session today; I'm happy with it.

3x5 Squat @ 125
3x5 Bench @ 115 (:D)
1x5 DL @ 120
1x5 DL @ 150 :D

I didn't feel the first set of DLs was heavy enough, and I felt like going heavy. Messing with the routine, I know. I couldn't help myself.

Currently weighing in at 120. :)

shizz702
11-24-08, 6:13 pm
Damn good work soda! Those numbers are starting to go up!

sodapop
11-24-08, 7:32 pm
Damn good work soda! Those numbers are starting to go up!

Thanks, shizz!

Factory
11-24-08, 7:44 pm

3x5 Squat @ 125
1x5 DL @ 120

I didn't feel the first set of DLs was heavy enough, and I felt like going heavy. Messing with the routine, I know. I couldn't help myself.

Messing with the routine is ok, you gotta feel it.

J Wong
11-24-08, 9:25 pm

3x5 Squat @ 125
1x5 DL @ 120

Thats what I like to see!

sodapop
11-24-08, 10:28 pm
Thanks for the replies, Factory and boom.

Can't wait 'till Thursday!
Lucky for me, I'm having three Thanksgiving dinners, due to split family and all that. Well, that doesn't sound so good, but you know what I mean, haha.

scals
11-24-08, 11:40 pm
great session bro. keep up the good work.

The Sun
11-25-08, 12:36 am

3x5 Squat @ 125
1x5 DL @ 120

great job soda, you could count the 120 as a warmup set and that's fine bro! the 1x5 is a working set when you feel it was heavy enough and demanded you to work.

Mlowe8
11-26-08, 1:00 am
very nice very nice... ill DEF! be fallowing you through this journey! just a side note ** make sure you got good form on everything you do.. the worst thing i see in the gym is people that are beginners or want to look like a hard ass and doing bad form.. fuck that...

Story time!

Im relatively strong i guess... and this kid, lets call him David, cus thats his name... is at the gym. note** david takes steroids, david is 17, david is dumb... ** David comes in and can only Bench 135 2 times.. and needs assistance on the second rep... David is done benching... david wants to bring back up his rep among all his friends... David grabs the bar that his friend was benching (115 at the time) and curls it... HAHA! David is a bad ass again... haha.. no david is still dumb... he took that weight and catapulted it up to his chest using is back and legs... so much momentum he could have done 185... me and my friend just laughed out loud at him and im thinkin what a dumb ass... that did NOTHING! after he is gone (after telling us he can do 100 for 8) i go to the bar that still has 115 (undress the bar just left it) and did it once... and it was HARD... and was way to much weight for some1 my size to do... and hes about 140 pounds... moral of the story... dont be like david....

PEACE!

sodapop
11-26-08, 1:41 pm
very nice very nice... ill DEF! be fallowing you through this journey! just a side note ** make sure you got good form on everything you do.. the worst thing i see in the gym is people that are beginners or want to look like a hard ass and doing bad form.. fuck that...

Story time!

Im relatively strong i guess... and this kid, lets call him David, cus thats his name... is at the gym. note** david takes steroids, david is 17, david is dumb... ** David comes in and can only Bench 135 2 times.. and needs assistance on the second rep... David is done benching... david wants to bring back up his rep among all his friends... David grabs the bar that his friend was benching (115 at the time) and curls it... HAHA! David is a bad ass again... haha.. no david is still dumb... he took that weight and catapulted it up to his chest using is back and legs... so much momentum he could have done 185... me and my friend just laughed out loud at him and im thinkin what a dumb ass... that did NOTHING! after he is gone (after telling us he can do 100 for 8) i go to the bar that still has 115 (undress the bar just left it) and did it once... and it was HARD... and was way to much weight for some1 my size to do... and hes about 140 pounds... moral of the story... dont be like david....

PEACE!

Thanks, bro. I'm really strict about my form.
Thanks for the anecdote :P.

Just got back from the gym. I couldn't make it to boom's gym today (not enough gas), so I had to use a smith for my squats, unfortunately.

3x5 Squat @ 130 (Smith)
3x5 Bent Rows @ 85
Military Press @ 85 - 5, 4, 4

*I think the reason I couldn't finish the second and third sets on the presses was because I had to clean it off the floor first, due to lack of a squat rack. Bleh.

J Wong
11-26-08, 1:48 pm
Thanks, bro. I'm really strict about my form.
Thanks for the anecdote :P.

Just got back from the gym. I couldn't make it to boom's gym today (not enough gas), so I had to use a smith for my squats, unfortunately.

3x5 Squat @ 130 (Smith)
3x5 Bent Rows @ 85
Military Press @ 85 - 5, 4, 4

*I think the reason I couldn't finish the second and third sets on the presses was because I had to clean it off the floor first, due to lack of a squat rack. Bleh.

Ah, anytime that happens and I'm available, just let me know, we can meet at the park or publix or something and I'll give you a ride.

But good workout man. Was the weight on the squats really easy for you?

The Sun
11-26-08, 1:53 pm
I hate saying that but smith squats are giving you absolutely nothing bro. you just lose a workout by doing 'em.

try unracking the bar from a parallel bars, you gotta work something out.

J Wong
11-26-08, 1:55 pm
I hate saying that but smith squats are giving you absolutely nothing bro. you just lose a workout by doing 'em.

try unracking the bar from a parallel bars, you gotta work something out.

I wouldn't exactly say giving him nothing. And there is absolutely no where to unrack a bar at that gym for a squat.

sodapop
11-26-08, 2:03 pm
I wouldn't exactly say giving him nothing. And there is absolutely no where to unrack a bar at that gym for a squat.

boom speaks the truth; Smith is your only option for squats there.
boom; Thanks man, but I wouldn't wanna just have you give me a ride if you weren't even going at that time.

The squats weren't that easy, but they weren't that hard either.

The Sun
11-26-08, 2:04 pm
I see then, too bad...
you should be considering a gym switch.

J Wong
11-26-08, 2:06 pm
Well it seems like we went at the same time haha.

sodapop
11-26-08, 2:07 pm
I see then, too bad...
you should be considering a gym switch.

I normally go to boom's gym, and do squats in a rack there.
As I said, though, I couldn't make it there today, because I have almost no gas.

Edit: boom: Ah, shit. Oh well. I don't think that'll happen too often anyway - I just didn't get enough hours at work last pay period.

The Sun
11-26-08, 2:13 pm
I normally go to boom's gym, and do squats in a rack there.
As I said, though, I couldn't make it there today, because I have almost no gas.

I see bro, I hope you understand I'm trying to get your best here :) the squats are the bread&butter of this routine.
in fact, the squat is the bread&butter of every routine.

sodapop
11-26-08, 2:15 pm
I see bro, I hope you understand I'm trying to get your best here :) the squats are the bread&butter of this routine.
in fact, the squat is the bread&butter of every routine.

Oh, yeah I understand that, and I appreciate it, man. I hate having to use the Smith, but with the economy the way it is and all that, sometimes you just gotta do what you can. I damn sure can't bum any gas money off my parents, so I really had no option.

scals
11-26-08, 4:14 pm
Shit happens bro. Don't worry about using the Smith. It's better than saying fuck the entire workout. When it comes to availability you gotta use what ya got.

AK3
11-26-08, 8:46 pm
keep up the work. find a tractor tire and start doin some tire flips!!! hahaa

sodapop
11-26-08, 8:51 pm

My neighbor actually has one in his backyard, haha. It's like a monster truck tire or something. It's fuckin huge.

Mlowe8
11-26-08, 10:18 pm
rap a chain around yourself and it.. and drag it up the road!!!!!

J Wong
11-28-08, 9:42 pm

I want one so bad haha. You should get your neighbor's and we can flip that shit!

sodapop
11-29-08, 12:39 am
I want one so bad haha. You should get your neighbor's and we can flip that shit!

I'll ask him about it.

J Wong
11-29-08, 1:34 am
I'll ask him about it.

Sweeeeeeet. How did your workout go today?

Carpe Diem P.T
11-29-08, 7:40 am

Here it is:

Total cals - 3778.

hey big guy. from midday til 6.30 is a long time to go without a solid meal isnt it?

so basically from 12 midday til 8.30 the next day...20.5 hours...u are only having 1 solid meal? seems a bit minimal.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-29-08, 8:00 am
heres some of my meal plans while coming from a bulk to a mild cut. in no particular order except the first one is what im on now. i think some of them are more substantial than your bulk plan.

My Current 'Diet':
Breakfast - eggs on toast, pak
morning tea - fish and vegies, flex
lunch - steak and mushrooms, pump
afternoon tea - 100gm chicken.
dinner - steak and vegies
supper - cottage cheese (its casein protein, slow release, good for bed time)
-----

breakfast: 9 egg whites, 2 yolks on toast, pak
morning tea: protein shake
lunch: 2 peices of fish and steamed vegies
afternoon tea: protein shake
dinner: steak or chicken and vegies
-----

Breakfast - eggwhites and yolk on toast
morning tea - Chicken Breast and a banana
lunch - Basa Fish with lemon pepper seasoning and steamed vegies
Afternoon tea - steak and steamed vegies
Dinner - big tin tuna and vegies
-----

Meal 1: 2 x peices of toast & protein shake with water
Meal 2: 150gm Turkey
Meal 3: (post work out) ground beef with potato & protein shake w/milk
Meal 4: Tin of Tuna
Meal 5: 250gm chicken breast with steam fresh vegies
Meal 6: protein shake with water
------

Meal 1: protein shake, small serve yoghurt and breakfast cereal
Meal 2: chicken and rice
Meal 3: (post work out) chicken and rice, protein shake w/water
------

meal 1: full fat yoghurt, 150gm turkey
meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken, protein shake with water
meal 3: 250gm chicken and steam veg
meal 4: chicken and cheese sandwhich on multigrain
meal 5: protein shake w/skim milk
meal 6: mini protein bar - protein 9.5g, carbos 3.4g, sugar 1.9g, 1.9g sat fat
meal 7: still to be had - chicken and steamed vegies with protein shake
-----

7am Meal 1: Flex, Multivitamin, Metabolism Booster, Protein shake w/water, 9 egg whites, oats in milk and 1 banana. (now thats a breakfast)
10am Meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken
12pm Meal 3: lean beef burger
3pm Meal 4: chicken and cheese sandwhich
5pm Meal 5: 250g chicken and rice
6.30pm meal 6: protein shake (post workout) with skim milk
8.30pm meal 7: chicken and vegies
11pm meal 8: protein shake in water, pump minus the red tab
-----

meal 1: chicken schnitzel, 9 egg whites, multivitamin, flex, metabolism booster
meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken
meal 3: chicken breast in white roll, protein shake w/ water
meal 4: banana and yoghurt, metabolism booster
meal 5: 250gm chicken and rice
meal 6: mini protein bar and 250ml skim protein drink
meal 7: (post work out, had no other food options) pump, protein shake w/milk, mini protein bar
meal 8: 4 egg whites, metabolism booster
-----

breakfast - 9 egg whites, 2 eggs on toast. Animal Pak, metabolism boosters
morning tea - yoghurt & protein shake w/Animal Pump 30 mins later pre workout.
lunch - chicken and rice
afternoon tea - 100gms tuna and protein shake, Animal Flex
dinner - meat and veg
supper - protein shake
-----

Bulk diet:
meal 1: 1 cup oats,yoghurt,protein,milk,banana
Meal 2: oven bake fruit bar, gatorade drink
Meal 3: Hamburger with cheese
Meal 4: 1 egg, 1 banana, cup oats, milk, yoghurt, protein
Meal 5: tuna, steak, potato, mushrooms, 4 bean mix
Meal 6: Protein shake, tuna sandwhich w/cottage cheese
Meal 7: gatorade, 60z chicken, corn, pasta

Mlowe8
11-29-08, 2:27 pm
heres some of my meal plans while coming from a bulk to a mild cut. in no particular order except the first one is what im on now. i think some of them are more substantial than your bulk plan.

My Current 'Diet':
Breakfast - eggs on toast, pak
morning tea - fish and vegies, flex
lunch - steak and mushrooms, pump
afternoon tea - 100gm chicken.
dinner - steak and vegies
supper - cottage cheese (its casein protein, slow release, good for bed time)
-----

breakfast: 9 egg whites, 2 yolks on toast, pak
morning tea: protein shake
lunch: 2 peices of fish and steamed vegies
afternoon tea: protein shake
dinner: steak or chicken and vegies
-----

Breakfast - eggwhites and yolk on toast
morning tea - Chicken Breast and a banana
lunch - Basa Fish with lemon pepper seasoning and steamed vegies
Afternoon tea - steak and steamed vegies
Dinner - big tin tuna and vegies
-----

Meal 1: 2 x peices of toast & protein shake with water
Meal 2: 150gm Turkey
Meal 3: (post work out) ground beef with potato & protein shake w/milk
------

Meal 1: protein shake, small serve yoghurt and breakfast cereal
Meal 2: chicken and rice
Meal 3: (post work out) chicken and rice, protein shake w/water
------

meal 1: full fat yoghurt, 150gm turkey
meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken, protein shake with water
meal 3: 250gm chicken and steam veg
meal 4: chicken and cheese sandwhich on multigrain
meal 5: protein shake w/skim milk
meal 6: mini protein bar - protein 9.5g, carbos 3.4g, sugar 1.9g, 1.9g sat fat
meal 7: still to be had - chicken and steamed vegies with protein shake
-----

7am Meal 1: Flex, Multivitamin, Metabolism Booster, Protein shake w/water, 9 egg whites, oats in milk and 1 banana. (now thats a breakfast)
10am Meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken
12pm Meal 3: lean beef burger
3pm Meal 4: chicken and cheese sandwhich
5pm Meal 5: 250g chicken and rice
6.30pm meal 6: protein shake (post workout) with skim milk
8.30pm meal 7: chicken and vegies
11pm meal 8: protein shake in water, pump minus the red tab
-----

meal 1: chicken schnitzel, 9 egg whites, multivitamin, flex, metabolism booster
meal 2: sushi roll w/chicken
meal 3: chicken breast in white roll, protein shake w/ water
meal 4: banana and yoghurt, metabolism booster
meal 5: 250gm chicken and rice
meal 6: mini protein bar and 250ml skim protein drink
meal 7: (post work out, had no other food options) pump, protein shake w/milk, mini protein bar
meal 8: 4 egg whites, metabolism booster
-----

breakfast - 9 egg whites, 2 eggs on toast. Animal Pak, metabolism boosters
morning tea - yoghurt & protein shake w/Animal Pump 30 mins later pre workout.
lunch - chicken and rice
afternoon tea - 100gms tuna and protein shake, Animal Flex
dinner - meat and veg
supper - protein shake
-----

Bulk diet:
meal 1: 1 cup oats,yoghurt,protein,milk,banana
Meal 2: oven bake fruit bar, gatorade drink
Meal 3: Hamburger with cheese
Meal 4: 1 egg, 1 banana, cup oats, milk, yoghurt, protein
Meal 5: tuna, steak, potato, mushrooms, 4 bean mix
Meal 6: Protein shake, tuna sandwhich w/cottage cheese
Meal 7: gatorade, 60z chicken, corn, pasta

CD FTW! Im def gonna look back at these 6/7 meal plans....

Carpe Diem P.T
11-29-08, 4:30 pm
i posted them up in the diet section for easy reference. They arent awesome or analysed for macros, carbs, protein etc. its food i know i can access and consume on a regular basis thats going to help my goals.

Mlowe8
11-30-08, 2:33 pm
i posted them up in the diet section for easy reference. They arent awesome or analysed for macros, carbs, protein etc. its food i know i can access and consume on a regular basis thats going to help my goals.
Well it diet looks very organized

sodapop
12-01-08, 7:53 pm
A little distracted today, so I accidentally did deads instead of military presses... Grrr, oh well.

3x5 Squat @ 135
3x5 Bent Rows @ 90
1x5 Deads @ 145

I used a short bar for the deads last time; this time I used a regular bar, and found it was a bit harder, so I stuck with 145.

J Wong
12-01-08, 9:57 pm
A little distracted today, so I accidentally did deads instead of military presses... Grrr, oh well.

3x5 Squat @ 135
3x5 Bent Rows @ 90
1x5 Deads @ 145

I used a short bar for the deads last time; this time I used a regular bar, and found it was a bit harder, so I stuck with 145.

Coooool! Your back will probably be extra sore tomorrow. Did you go to PC?

sodapop
12-01-08, 10:23 pm
Coooool! Your back will probably be extra sore tomorrow. Did you go to PC?

Yeah, I went to PC.

sodapop
12-02-08, 8:44 pm
Small update...

I've upped my goal weight to 165 lbs. I'm aiming to achieve this weight by graduation - May 31 '09.

NOTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT. ;)

shizz702
12-02-08, 8:58 pm

3x5 Squat @ 135
3x5 Bent Rows @ 90
1x5 Deads @ 145

Aw shit I see you are squatting and pulling them big boy plates now! Good job soda! Your hard work is paying off bro and it's only going to keep getting better!

sodapop
12-02-08, 9:21 pm
Aw shit I see you are squatting and pulling them big boy plates now! Good job soda! Your hard work is paying off bro and it's only going to keep getting better!

:D Thanks man. It feels good throwing the "real" plates on the bar.

shizz702
12-02-08, 9:28 pm
:D Thanks man. It feels good throwing the "real" plates on the bar.

Won't be long before you're stacking them brotha, keep it up!

J Wong
12-02-08, 10:17 pm
Small update...

I've upped my goal weight to 165 lbs. I'm aiming to achieve this weight by graduation - May 31 '09.

NOTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT. ;)

6 months man, eat up. You're going to look good at 165, gonna be REALLY noticeable.

sodapop
12-03-08, 7:34 am
6 months man, eat up. You're going to look good at 165, gonna be REALLY noticeable.

Thanks, man. Time to bear down and eat like one, ha.

Factory
12-03-08, 8:31 am
Just gotta find a way to trick yourself while eating, it's tough to find what works, but when you do you can eat like there's no tomorrow.
I just think of how much bigger I need to get, dangling that carrot in front and it helps me to eat up big even when I feel sick or like I can't get 1 more bite in.

sodapop
12-03-08, 2:13 pm
Today:

3x5 Squats @ 140
Bench @ 120 - 5,4, *Switch to 115* - 5
3x5 Deadlift @ 155

2x8 Pullups.

J Wong
12-03-08, 2:15 pm
Today:

3x5 Squats @ 140
3x5 Deadlift @ 155

2x8 Pullups.

Doing good man, 140 squats and 155 deads is great. You'll get the whole 3 sets for 120 next time.

sodapop
12-03-08, 2:17 pm
Doing good man, 140 squats and 155 deads is great. You'll get the whole 3 sets for 120 next time.

Thanks, man. Bench seems to be my weakest point. I have a sticking point between my chest and like 2-3 inches up. Coach Pryer said I should do short benches (in that range) with light weight to help that.

Anyone know if that'd be a good idea?

The Sun
12-03-08, 2:20 pm
Thanks, man. Bench seems to be my weakest point. I have a sticking point between my chest and like 2-3 inches up. Coach Pryer said I should do short benches (in that range) with light weight to help that.

first, good workout there.
I think you should stick to the plan, go for the same weight on the bench press the next workout and try to get that 5\5\5.
as a beginner you don't have a "weak point" because you are just weak, and a weak one can't have weak points (no offense, I'm on the same boat^^)

just keep benching bro.

J Wong
12-03-08, 2:20 pm

Those militarys should help that, seems like a front delt problem. I could never do half the bench off my chest without feeling uncomfortable. Once your done with rippetoes and still have this problem, I think you should hit up some bottoms up bench, where you put the bar on the safety racks right above your chest, squeeze under it, and just press up for heavy sets of 3-5.

J Wong
12-03-08, 2:22 pm
first, good workout there.
I think you should stick to the plan, go for the same weight on the bench press the next workout and try to get that 5\5\5.
as a beginner you don't have a "weak point" because you are just weak, and a weak one can't have weak points (no offense, I'm on the same boat^^)

just keep benching bro.

Good point actually, never looked at it that way.

shizz702
12-03-08, 2:53 pm
Today:

3x5 Squats @ 140
3x5 Deadlift @ 155

2x8 Pullups.

good work soda! Some advice though, only do one top set of 5 on the deadlifts. They are very taxing, and one set is enough since you are squatting 3x a week, and the program calls for just one set of 5 anyway. On the bench, try for 120 3x5 next workout, and make sure you get plenty of food and rest in to prepare for it. If you don't hit it, deload the weight a bit and build back up. Lastly, get yourself a dip/pullup belt, and add some weight on your pullups. If you are hitting those 8 reps with ease, add 10 lbs and take it from there. Your back will blow up from weighted pullups! Same applies with your dips, add weight to them as well.

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:27 pm
Thanks to everyone for the benching advice, etc.

good work soda! Some advice though, only do one top set of 5 on the deadlifts. They are very taxing, and one set is enough since you are squatting 3x a week, and the program calls for just one set of 5 anyway. On the bench, try for 120 3x5 next workout, and make sure you get plenty of food and rest in to prepare for it. If you don't hit it, deload the weight a bit and build back up. Lastly, get yourself a dip/pullup belt, and add some weight on your pullups. If you are hitting those 8 reps with ease, add 10 lbs and take it from there. Your back will blow up from weighted pullups! Same applies with your dips, add weight to them as well.

Yeah, I think the 3 sets was too much; my lower back hurts. I just got into and kept going. Seems to be a problem of mine. I'm gonna get a logbook ASAP.

I'll also look into getting a belt - any suggestions?

Thanks for the support, bro.

shizz702
12-03-08, 4:34 pm
Thanks to everyone for the benching advice, etc.

Yeah, I think the 3 sets was too much; my lower back hurts. I just got into and kept going. Seems to be a problem of mine. I'm gonna get a logbook ASAP.

I'll also look into getting a belt - any suggestions?

Thanks for the support, bro.

you can get one here for $15 http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Dip-Attachment-with-Chain/dp/B000JGRQZ2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228339840&sr=8-1

glad to help bro

edit I noticed that is just an attachment, look into this instead then :http://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Factory-Outlet-Nylon-Dipping/dp/B0015YSTE4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228339840&sr=8-2

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:51 pm
you can get one here for $15 http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Dip-Attachment-with-Chain/dp/B000JGRQZ2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228339840&sr=8-1

glad to help bro

edit I noticed that is just an attachment, look into this instead then :http://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Factory-Outlet-Nylon-Dipping/dp/B0015YSTE4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228339840&sr=8-2

Thanks man, I'm gonna try to get that when I can.

J Wong
12-03-08, 8:58 pm
Your lower back is going to be sore, it's a muscle that has never been used like its been being used before. I think you should wait for a belt, I had the same problem when I first started deadlifts and squats, and my back eventually adjusted.

Mlowe8
12-03-08, 9:31 pm
Id invest in a belt for deads at about 185 pulls... and for the weight belt... woo hoo.. im gettin one also! when i get money...

sodapop
12-03-08, 9:34 pm
Your lower back is going to be sore, it's a muscle that has never been used like its been being used before. I think you should wait for a belt, I had the same problem when I first started deadlifts and squats, and my back eventually adjusted.

Oh, no, the belt is for weighted dips and such, not DLs/squats.

J Wong
12-03-08, 9:36 pm
Oh, no, the belt is for weighted dips and such, not DLs/squats.

Oh shit, I just realized how you guys were talking about weighted dips and pullups. haha

shizz702
12-03-08, 9:40 pm
yea now that we are on the topic of lifting belts, soda, you'll need one of them eventually too. I'd get one of them after you finish this cycle.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-08, 9:41 pm
Inzer Belts Ftw!!!!!!!!!!

sodapop
12-08-08, 9:57 pm
I'm really satisfied with my session today. I made some nice gains, and got a really nice pump that had me feeling good.

3x5 Squats @ 145
Bench @ 120 - 5,5,3,5 - I was really determined to do another set of five after failing the third, and pulled it off - happy about that.
1x5 Deadlift @ 165 - Thick bar

Just got back from Perkins, and I'm really stuffed. :D

J Wong
12-08-08, 10:17 pm
I'm really satisfied with my session today. I made some nice gains, and got a really nice pump that had me feeling good.

3x5 Squats @ 145
Bench @ 120 - 5,5,3,5 - I was really determined to do another set of five after failing the third, and pulled it off - happy about that.
1x5 Deadlift @ 165 - Thick bar

Just got back from Perkins, and I'm really stuffed. :D

Nice man, using that thick bar at the gym is good for deads, it'll help your grip out in the long run. Good job on everything today.

scals
12-08-08, 11:00 pm
Nice work today bro. Progressing nicely. What are ya weighing in at?

sodapop
12-08-08, 11:03 pm
Nice work today bro. Progressing nicely. What are ya weighing in at?

Bleh, still about 119 currently. I'm upping my overall food intake now, and hoping to hit 130 by mid-January at the latest.

J Wong
12-08-08, 11:12 pm
Bleh, still about 119 currently. I'm upping my overall food intake now, and hoping to hit 130 by mid-January at the latest.

You got a little more then a month man, try for 2-3 lbs a week. Eat up.

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:04 pm
If I can get my camera to charge (it hasn't been charging lately, for some reason), I may post up some early progress pics in a bit. So look out for those. I'm definitely noticably more filled out (with my shirt off, ha). Nothing drastic, obviously.

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:33 pm
Progress pics:

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperun2vm2.png
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperflex2sl8.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upperflex3xc3.png

Seems the difference is more noticable in real life than the pictures... Meh, oh well.

Mlowe8
12-09-08, 9:33 pm
keep up the good work man... Nothing like being addicted to iron.

J Wong
12-09-08, 9:54 pm
Damn, arms are looking a lot bigger actually. I bet you can't wait until the chest starts to fill out.

sodapop
12-09-08, 10:05 pm
Damn, arms are looking a lot bigger actually. I bet you can't wait until the chest starts to fill out.

Thanks, man.

Yeah, see, that's what I was talking about when I said the difference is more noticable in real life - to me, it seems my chest is noticably bigger, but not so in the photos. Can't wait 'till it blows up. :D

J Wong
12-09-08, 10:14 pm
I just thought of something, we'll be lifting together over winter break more often. helll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sodapop
12-09-08, 10:15 pm
Word to that!

Sometime during that, I should be hitting 135 bench. :D

scals
12-09-08, 10:17 pm
Looking good brother. Keep it up.

The Sun
12-10-08, 2:36 am
arms do look alot bigger in those pics bro, good workout there!

shizz702
12-10-08, 6:36 am
Just keep doing like you are doing and you are going to blow up! Shit takes time bro, just be patient and persistent. One of the reasons so many give up in this game is they don't have the patience, they train for a few months and expect a miracle, but in your case I know you know better and are gonna keep paying your dues.

sodapop
12-10-08, 7:44 am
Just keep doing like you are doing and you are going to blow up! Shit takes time bro, just be patient and persistent. One of the reasons so many give up in this game is they don't have the patience, they train for a few months and expect a miracle, but in your case I know you know better and are gonna keep paying your dues.

Of course in the back of my mind I wanna just blow up all of a sudden, but I know it doesn't work like that. So, I'll keep paying my dues. I'll post up today's workout this afternoon.

sodapop
12-10-08, 8:48 pm
Today:

3x5 Squat @ 150
3x5 Military Press @ 85
3x5 Barbell Rows @ 95

shizz702
12-10-08, 8:52 pm
Nice bro! You're only 10 lbs away from military pressing the big 95! Believe it or not that is a big accomplishment!

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:01 pm
Nice bro! You're only 10 lbs away from military pressing the big 95! Believe it or not that is a big accomplishment!

Seems it would be for me, haha. I originally tried 90, but could tell it was gonna be too hard.

shizz702
12-10-08, 9:04 pm
Seems it would be for me, haha. I originally tried 90, but could tell it was gonna be too hard.

It is for ANYONE. Unless you've been training for a while or are naturally big, it is going to take time to strict press that bro.

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:06 pm
It is for ANYONE. Unless you've been training for a while or are naturally big, it is going to take time to strict press that bro.

Thanks, bro; means a lot.

J Wong
12-10-08, 9:15 pm
Squats are looking good man. Are you doing them easily?

And yeah, strict presses are a bitch, I struggle with 135 and I can DB shoulder press 85 for reps.

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:19 pm
Squats are looking good man. Are you doing them easily?

And yeah, strict presses are a bitch, I struggle with 135 and I can DB shoulder press 85 for reps.

The 150 squats today were fairly easy.

The presses are a bitch man, I hate 'em.

J Wong
12-10-08, 9:20 pm
The 150 squats today were fairly easy.

The presses are a bitch man, I hate 'em.

Yeah, but they are the best for shoulder development and overall strength. Heavy presses=stronger benching. I bet by the end of break you will probably be able to get 185x5 for squats.

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:24 pm
Yeah, but they are the best for shoulder development and overall strength. Heavy presses=stronger benching. I bet by the end of break you will probably be able to get 185x5 for squats.

Slowly nearing 200... That'll be a good day. :D

The Sun
12-11-08, 1:53 am
good work soda, you're getting over me with the squats :)

Mlowe8
12-11-08, 7:17 am
Very nice, startin to get to where your using some pretty nice weight there!

sodapop
12-13-08, 12:18 am
Today

3x5 Squats @ 155
Bench @ 125 - 5, 4, 4
3x5 Deads @ 170

J Wong
12-13-08, 11:19 am
Today

3x5 Squats @ 155
Bench @ 125 - 5, 4, 4
3x5 Deads @ 170

I was there!

scals
12-13-08, 11:38 am
Today

3x5 Squats @ 155
Bench @ 125 - 5, 4, 4
3x5 Deads @ 170

Nice work bro.

sodapop
12-13-08, 3:34 pm
I was there!

Finally, haha.

sodapop
12-14-08, 12:59 am
I just noticed how fucking big my shoulders have gotten. I mean they've blown up (compared to before, haha). I also discovered some small stretch marks it looks like, on my outer chest.

Pretty psyched about all that, haha, just figured I'd share.

The Sun
12-14-08, 2:19 am
Today

3x5 Squats @ 155
Bench @ 125 - 5, 4, 4
3x5 Deads @ 170

solid wrok soda.
how's the squatting? are they coming up fast? looks greatt.

J Wong
12-14-08, 1:44 pm
I just noticed how fucking big my shoulders have gotten. I mean they've blown up (compared to before, haha). I also discovered some small stretch marks it looks like, on my outer chest.

Pretty psyched about all that, haha, just figured I'd share.

And that's with only 10 gained pounds. Imagine 30 more.

sodapop
12-14-08, 8:46 pm
And that's with only 10 gained pounds. Imagine 30 more.

Word; can't wait to hit 165 - imagine that haha!

sodapop
12-16-08, 7:41 am
Shitty day yesterday - was really tired, and I'm developing some sinus problems. Woke up today with a sore throat too. :(

J Wong
12-16-08, 1:55 pm
Shitty day yesterday - was really tired, and I'm developing some sinus problems. Woke up today with a sore throat too. :(

Well what were the numbers? haha

sodapop
12-17-08, 7:33 am
Well what were the numbers? haha

Nothing - I went in and started warming up and was having trouble with like 100 lb squats.

Mlowe8
12-17-08, 9:28 pm
Oh shit.. Im just getting over my sickness... sucks.

sodapop
12-17-08, 10:20 pm
Shitty day today...again. I'm probably gonna take the rest of the week off.

3x5 Squat @ 160
Then I started my bench (125) and on my 3rd rep, felt a twinge in my shoulder (felt like the bone). My wrist was also hurting because I hit in on the corner of my wall the other day.

Pretty frustrated right now.

On a good note, boom gave me a half-full tub of Real Gains. :)

J Wong
12-22-08, 11:21 am
How you liking that real gains?

Factory
12-22-08, 12:39 pm
Looking good bro, sometimes your body needs a little rest, so good job with the week off, just make sure you still do work in the kitchen.

sodapop
12-25-08, 1:18 pm
The Real Gains is good, actually tastes pretty good.

Well, I'm gonna get back in the gym tomorrow, and then go Sunday. I'll be leaving to Georgia on Monday, and coming back on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I wanna get some gym time in before that.

Just got my supps for Christmas; Pak, Gains, Flex, and Pump.

J Wong
12-25-08, 2:00 pm
The Real Gains is good, actually tastes pretty good.

Well, I'm gonna get back in the gym tomorrow, and then go Sunday. I'll be leaving to Georgia on Monday, and coming back on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I wanna get some gym time in before that.

Just got my supps for Christmas; Pak, Gains, Flex, and Pump.

Nice, good real gains recipe is with milk,pb,and banana. I'll see you tomorrow and sunday then most likely, I'll let you know what times I go.

sodapop
01-04-09, 7:43 pm
I was in Georgia from Monday to Thursday night, and lost 3-4 pounds while there. :(

Got a tattoo on my chest yesterday; I have a thread in the Livin' section asking when I can get back in the gym. Please, reply if you know!

AK3
01-04-09, 10:32 pm
sodapop havent been around here in awhile hope the weights are being moved around! wanna see the 130lb bodyweight on here very soon! keep up the hard work!

scals
01-05-09, 12:44 am
I was in Georgia from Monday to Thursday night, and lost 3-4 pounds while there. :(

Got a tattoo on my chest yesterday; I have a thread in the Livin' section asking when I can get back in the gym. Please, reply if you know!

Get in whenever you feel ready. If it is painful don't fuck with it. I have 4 tattoos. Some recover quicker than others. I did a chest workout on Monday following 7 hours of work the Friday before. It really depends on you.

sodapop
01-05-09, 10:57 pm
Get in whenever you feel ready. If it is painful don't fuck with it. I have 4 tattoos. Some recover quicker than others. I did a chest workout on Monday following 7 hours of work the Friday before. It really depends on you.

Well, I'm not really worried about the pain, just fucking up the tattoo. But I got all the answers I needed on that.

Anyway, I'm getting back in the gym tomorrow - gonna switch to DB presses to eliminate the possibility of hitting my chest with the bar for a week or so.

Also gonna "deload" a bit after that little break. I'll post the workout tomorrow sometime.

sodapop
01-06-09, 10:45 pm
I switched it up today, after reading a reply to my "tattoo question" thread that I shouldn't do any exercise that'll hit the tattooed area for a week or so.

So, I just did legs and biceps today, in more of a split fashion.

Squats - 3x5 @ 155 lbs
Leg Extensions - 75x10, 100x10, 145x5 (2 sets)

Curls - 20x10, 35x8, 40x6
Preacher Curls - 35x10, 55x8, 65x5 (2 sets)

Chin ups - 2 sets of 10.

Good workout, all things considered. Got a great pump.

scals
01-06-09, 10:53 pm
Nice work bro. You got any pics of the tattoo?

sodapop
01-06-09, 10:56 pm
Nice work bro. You got any pics of the tattoo?

Thanks. And yes;

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/50/l_b603f41091f5463aa4023614f9767f5c.jpg

scals
01-06-09, 10:58 pm
Thanks. And yes;

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/50/l_b603f41091f5463aa4023614f9767f5c.jpg

Sweet bro, looks real good. I'm thinking my fifth will go on my chest.

sodapop
01-06-09, 10:59 pm
Sweet bro, looks real good. I'm thinking my fifth will go on my chest.

Thanks, man. It's a good place, though the middle is a little painful. But, it was definitely worth it. :D

I'm trying to decide where to get my next one.

shizz702
01-06-09, 11:26 pm
lol leg extensions and curls?!

jk ;)

remember to stick with the program though bro, you've been making great progress with it so keep milking the gains off it for all its worth.

Btw, I just remembered your tat, and I haven't read the book The Outsiders, but have seen the movie several times. "Stay Gold" was from Pony Boy's poem right? I remember it from the ending.

It is open to several interpretations, and I will say that is a solid choice for a tat bro. Very original, inspiring, and motivativational.

It's very nice to have some positive words across your chest like that, I have "This above all; To thine own self be true." on mine. A quote from Shakespeare.

sodapop
01-06-09, 11:30 pm
lol leg extensions and curls?!

jk ;)

remember to stick with the program though bro, you've been making great progress with it so keep milking the gains off it for all its worth.

Btw, I just remembered your tat, and I haven't read the book The Outsiders, but have seen the movie several times. "Stay Gold" was from Pony Boy's poem right? I remember it from the ending.

It is open to several interpretations, and I will say that is a solid choice for a tat bro. Very original, inspiring, and motivativational.

It's very nice to have some positive words across your chest like that, I have "This above all; To thine own self be true." on mine. A quote from Shakespeare.

Yeah, I just didn't want to risk it doing military presses or deads either. Though I'm not sure deads would have much effect on my chest. Oh well, I had fun with it. I plan to stick to the program strictly as soon as I can get back to it of course.

Yeah, the poem is actually written by Robert Frost. Though I did discover it through reading The Outsiders, which is, coincidentally, my favorite book. I think of it as my "Sacrifice" or "Overcome" (what have you) tattoo. It's motivational to me, and reminds me to stay true to myself and not be a bitch, and strive for what I want.

Great tattoo yourself man, really motivational words. In my personal opinion, tattoos need meaning.

sodapop
01-08-09, 7:31 am
Since I really can't do what I'm scheduled for on Rippetoe's today, I'm gonna go with another "split" workout. I was thinking of doing tris/back today. Would a different combination be better/more beneficial?

I was thinking of something like:

Tricep Pushdowns - 2x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x3
Skull Crushers - 2x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x3
(I don't know what these are called - using a dumbbell, lower behind head and raise..?) - 1x10, 1x6, 1x3

Dumbbell Rows - 2x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x3
Lat Pulldowns - 2x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x3

I need one more exercise that'll be good for back. Anyone?

The Sun
01-08-09, 8:17 am
you have to squat.

sodapop
01-08-09, 8:24 am
you have to squat.

Well, I squatted on Tuesday, and considering the fact that I did more of a "split", my legs are actually sore now (they usually aren't on Ripp's), so I thought I should just let them recover, no?

The Sun
01-08-09, 8:51 am
Well, I squatted on Tuesday, and considering the fact that I did more of a "split", my legs are actually sore now (they usually aren't on Ripp's), so I thought I should just let them recover, no?

DOMS are irrelevant to recovery, just squat bro. you'll be fine.

Mlowe8
01-08-09, 9:01 am
lol SHUT UP AND SQUAT! a great back exercise is tbar rows... or if u really wanna man up do some pull ups...

J Wong
01-08-09, 11:28 am
If your legs are sore, don't squat IMO.

Factory
01-08-09, 12:41 pm
Haven't been in here in a while, but it looks like you're still doing work..
i know i'd squat personally, but just do what your goanna do... I know if I never worked out when I was sore I'd hardly lift... but that's just me

sodapop
01-08-09, 4:47 pm
Today's workout: Tris and Back

(Pounds x Reps)

DB Rows - 25x10, 40x8, 50x6
Seated Rows - 70x10, 90x8, 110x6, 110x6
Lat Pulldowns - 70x10, 90x8, 110x6
Deadlifts - 95x10, 135x4, 200x1 (PR!!)

Rope Pushdowns - 70x10, 100x5, 110x3
Skullcrushers (EZ Bar) - 45x10, 65x8, 75x6
Tricep Extensions - 25x10, 30x8, 45x6

Pretty psyched about the Deadlift PR; good workout. I got a really good pump again.

I'll be getting back on Rippetoe's next Tuesday, most likely.

J Wong
01-08-09, 4:53 pm
Today's workout: Tris and Back

(Pounds x Reps)

DB Rows - 25x10, 40x8, 50x6
Seated Rows - 70x10, 90x8, 110x6, 110x6
Lat Pulldowns - 70x10, 90x8, 110x6
Deadlifts - 95x10, 135x4, 200x1 (PR!!)

Rope Pushdowns - 70x10, 100x5, 110x3
Skullcrushers (EZ Bar) - 45x10, 65x8, 75x6
Tricep Extensions - 25x10, 30x8, 45x6

Pretty psyched about the Deadlift PR; good workout. I got a really good pump again.

I'll be getting back on Rippetoe's next Tuesday, most likely.

Thats awesome man. For never working with these movements you have some really good numbers. Just a suggestion though, do the rope pushdowns last, as they are more of a finishing move, and I wouldn't go below 10 reps on them. Imagine what your deadlift PR could have been if you did them before all of the other back work haha

sodapop
01-08-09, 4:57 pm
Thats awesome man. For never working with these movements you have some really good numbers. Just a suggestion though, do the rope pushdowns last, as they are more of a finishing move, and I wouldn't go below 10 reps on them. Imagine what your deadlift PR could have been if you did them before all of the other back work haha

Thanks for the tips, man.
I know haha, I wish I would've done those first.

Whoops, forgot to add this:

On the DB Rows, I finished with 65x4.

shizz702
01-08-09, 5:37 pm
Awesome work bro! Nice to see you pull the big 200 and 225 (2pps) is right around the corner. You're getting to the point now where you can realistically see that goals that once seemed out of reach are achieveable. Keep pushing on and you'll get where you want to be. I'm also glad to see you are sticking with Rippetoe's, as it is still the best routine for you for right now. After you milk Rip's for all it's worth then you'll be ready for a split, the 5x5, or whatever you choose to do.

pedraza
01-08-09, 5:56 pm
good workout bro

Mlowe8
01-08-09, 8:58 pm
dude ur getting strong.

sodapop
01-09-09, 12:09 am
dude ur getting strong.

Thanks bro, good to hear that from a fellow lifter. :D