PDA

View Full Version : The "Anabolic Diet" Thread

miketyson789
10-30-08, 10:52 am
i did a search and couldnt find anything on this
i started doing what i thought was a keto diet but it turns out its an anabolic diet,
which is when u eat no carbs all week and then carb up for a day or 2 on the weekends.
i was wondering if anyone has done this diet and what were the results?
i currently weight train 5 days a week and do 30 minutes cardio after every training session i just want to maintain size, maybe gain a bit, and drop a few pounds of body fat.
im currently about 10-12% body fat and i want to get to 8%, would this diet be a good choice?

GJN5002
10-30-08, 11:01 am
i did a search and couldnt find anything on this
i started doing what i thought was a keto diet but it turns out its an anabolic diet,
which is when u eat no carbs all week and then carb up for a day or 2 on the weekends.
i was wondering if anyone has done this diet and what were the results?
i currently weight train 5 days a week and do 30 minutes cardio after every training session i just want to maintain size, maybe gain a bit, and drop a few pounds of body fat.
im currently about 10-12% body fat and i want to get to 8%, would this diet be a good choice?

Come on bro, I already told you on the keto and health thread you posted that HolaBola is running the anabolic diet. Check out his profile and you will see how well it works. Read DiPasquales books on the anabolic diet. Pm me I ahve the ebook if you want it.
It works well, keto works great but i cant adhere to it strictly enough I go nuts. I think the carb up works well eating kinda sloppy for a while but after a few weeks you really have to clean up your carb up to mak eit effective. There are also different ways to approach the carb up some people keep the fat intake mid to high range and lower protein. I tried to keepo fat to a min and lower protein slightly then get about 400-600 carbs in per day plus a cheta meal on sunday.

miketyson789
10-30-08, 11:06 am
i dunno how to find holabolas thread i was looking for it, can u send a link for the thread i want to see how other people did on this diet

GJN5002
10-30-08, 11:12 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18676&highlight=hola&page=35
ask him about it.

Its def a good diet, just be consistent and do your cardio.
I went from about 15 % to 9% in 6 weeks.

shizz702
10-30-08, 11:21 am
Read this:http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

miketyson789
10-30-08, 11:23 am
thx guys, ya im really bad with computers so the links help lol

redskin 344
10-30-08, 3:29 pm
hey im curious... is incorporating fish oil caps into an anabolic diet helpful, because we all know fish oil regulates inflammation and from what I have been hearing inflammation is need for muscle growth.

I know its critical for a fatloss diet due to the great fatburning benefits it holds such as a significant increase in metabolism, increase to fat burning enzymes and decrease to fatstoring enzymes/ decrease in fat cells and insulin senitivity.. (that might just be all of them lol)..

shizz702
10-30-08, 3:31 pm
hey im curious... is incorporating fish oil caps into an anabolic diet helpful, because we all know fish oil regulates inflammation and from what I have been hearing inflammation is need for muscle growth.

I know its critical for a fatloss diet due to the great fatburning benefits it holds such as a significant increase in metabolism, increase to fat burning enzymes and decrease to fatstoring enzymes/ decrease in fat cells and insulin senitivity.. (that might just be all of them lol)..

It's good to include fish oils at all times, regardless of diet.

redskin 344
10-30-08, 4:08 pm
It's good to include fish oils at all times, regardless of diet.

I know it is, but if one is trying to gain muscle and fish oils anti-inflammatory effects become an obstacle for the muscles to repair itself.. then thats not good.

GJN5002
10-31-08, 11:55 am
I havent seen a lot of info on here about the Anabolic Diet so I thought I'd get a thread started. Im no expert but I know a bit about it.

Basics
Just like a keto diet for 5 consecutive days. (usually mon-fri)
very low carbs high fat high protein
2 consecutive days are for carb up
i did high carb 4-500, low to mod protein (around 200g ), and very low fat

exact amounts of macros depend on weight and bodyfat percent.

Ive did this diet for about 3 months and dropped from 15-17% down to about 7% Its really nice because you can live somewhat normally on the weekends but crack down hard during the week. i trained mon-fri with sat and sunday for rest and cardio. I did cardio mon-fri for 10 min- 40 min depending on time. Its also nice because you can vary a little bit from the rules. The diet allows for things like fatty meat and bacon and I just dont feel healthy eating that shit so I switched it with turkey bacon and leaner meats (85/15) and ti all works the same as long as you get your macros in from somewhere which was usually olive oil or mac nut oil for me.

Im reading Anabolic Solution by Mauro G. Di Pasquale, which is in my opinion the best thing to do if you really wanna do this diet. He has one version for powerlifters and one for bb's. If you go to MD No Bull Radios website, you can listen to old episodes and they have to hour long interviews with him.
Or
check out http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/ for a general overview of the diet.

If people are interested Id be happy to tell them what I did, I know a few others have tried it as well.

GJN5002
10-31-08, 1:31 pm
I know it is, but if one is trying to gain muscle and fish oils anti-inflammatory effects become an obstacle for the muscles to repair itself.. then thats not good.

i understand your theory but there are two kinds of inflammation in the bidy. We wil just say good and bad so we dont have to get into lenghty terms. Fish oil is effective treating bad inflammation i.e joint pain.

Fish oil is an efa and I would recommend it heavily. I just started an anabolic diet thread i the method to the madness section with links and info.

simpleguy
10-31-08, 2:13 pm
def heard of it before... the only thing I am asking you is this... I've done the keto (Palumbo/Ox style), I hope you're familiar with it, done it for 9 weeks

I've had decent results, not great, but it also made me a bit flat towards the end... so the thing is, I was taking in 1800-2000 cals a day (about 100g of fat, and 225g protein)... then Anabolic diet suggests much higher cals, so I'm a bit skeptical about how much fat I will lose...

though I'm thinking of trying this anyway in the future, for bulking purposes

GJN5002
10-31-08, 2:26 pm
def heard of it before... the only thing I am asking you is this... I've done the keto (Palumbo/Ox style), I hope you're familiar with it, done it for 9 weeks

I've had decent results, not great, but it also made me a bit flat towards the end... so the thing is, I was taking in 1800-2000 cals a day (about 100g of fat, and 225g protein)... then Anabolic diet suggests much higher cals, so I'm a bit skeptical about how much fat I will lose...

though I'm thinking of trying this anyway in the future, for bulking purposes

yep, ive def tried the palumbo/keto diet. I lost weight pretty quick but I hated the calories. I was taking in about 2000 and I just felt like I needed more food. I always felt flat and didnt get decent pumps. But thats just me.

This diet does allow for higher calories and which seems counterintuitive, but it does work. I mean if I were prepping for a show, I prob wouldnt use this diet but if I'm a normal guy trying to get shredded or lose some fat while staying strong, this is great. Thats why I use it because I can train the same and not lose any energy and still feel full.

i listened to dr di pasquale in an interview and he recommends getting more carbs in for bulking purposes but you can still use the principles of the program you just take insulin timing into consideration.

simpleguy
10-31-08, 2:44 pm
yep, ive def tried the palumbo/keto diet. I lost weight pretty quick but I hated the calories. I was taking in about 2000 and I just felt like I needed more food. I always felt flat and didnt get decent pumps. But thats just me.

This diet does allow for higher calories and which seems counterintuitive, but it does work. I mean if I were prepping for a show, I prob wouldnt use this diet but if I'm a normal guy trying to get shredded or lose some fat while staying strong, this is great. Thats why I use it because I can train the same and not lose any energy and still feel full.

i listened to dr di pasquale in an interview and he recommends getting more carbs in for bulking purposes but you can still use the principles of the program you just take insulin timing into consideration.

yeah same here, I felt pretty hungry on the Paulmbo diet so I am def considering this one in the future

B Con
10-31-08, 5:22 pm
I'm actually on this diet now. Today is my last day of the 14 day no carb initial start up phase... tomorrow is my first carb up. I'm excited.

miketyson789
10-31-08, 6:37 pm
this is the easy and best diet ive every used.
im on it right now and will probably stay on it for most of the year.
i love the food i eat during the week and on the weekend i can eat w.e i was craving during the week. ive lost fat and gained strength.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 11:52 am
I agree it is really easy to use and you can kill food cravings every weekend. I just wanted to bring it to peoples attention f they had no idea what it is. It seems like there are a few guys using it already, its just not as popular on here as keto.

B Con
11-01-08, 1:21 pm
The only downside is not being able to use Torrent post....

simpleguy
11-01-08, 3:00 pm
its just not as popular on here as keto.

seems to me on this diet you still are on ketosis for most of the time :)

WeeMan
11-01-08, 6:34 pm
i am interested in this diet in order to lean down abit while bulking, you think i could do that using this diet? (keep in mind iv a lot of bulk to add)

Maiden69
11-01-08, 7:06 pm
I did this diet about the same time Hola Bola did. I lost about 10 lbs on it but I gained a lot back during the 2 day carb up. I think that it is too much, I switched to 1 day and started to lose steady again. I changed to a more traditional Keto for the last 4 weeks I was dieting. Now I'm doing "Keto" but adding carbs to my before and after WO meals. So far I'm losing 1-2 lb a week when I don't stay the same.

I got both e books and I don't like the Anabolic Solution, he goes too much into the details of his supplements instead of giving examples of the diet and explaining more about it like he does on the 1st book.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 7:37 pm
I did this diet about the same time Hola Bola did. I lost about 10 lbs on it but I gained a lot back during the 2 day carb up. I think that it is too much, I switched to 1 day and started to lose steady again. I changed to a more traditional Keto for the last 4 weeks I was dieting. Now I'm doing "Keto" but adding carbs to my before and after WO meals. So far I'm losing 1-2 lb a week when I don't stay the same.

I got both e books and I don't like the Anabolic Solution, he goes too much into the details of his supplements instead of giving examples of the diet and explaining more about it like he does on the 1st book.

Ive been thinking of trying the carbs pre and psot workout with the no carb during the week and a 2 day carb up for a bulk but I havent decided yet. Im nursing some injuries and IM just eating and taking my time to get healthy. Like I said, you might not get shredded in the same amount of time you do on keto, but this is a good approach for people who dont have a ton of weight to lose and just wana get rid of some bulking bodyfat and back into that good bf range. I did the same, anabolic for a few months and then straight keto to finish off.
You can lose a ton of weight doing this diet, if youre putting too much weight back on during carb up Id suggest cutting back slightly and eating less simple carbs and cheat foods.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 7:39 pm
seems to me on this diet you still are on ketosis for most of the time :)

somewhat, it takes 2-3 days to induce keto so maybe for 1-2 days a week you might be in keto. But the goal isnt keto just to make sure all energy is coming from fat and protein during the week.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 7:40 pm
i am interested in this diet in order to lean down abit while bulking, you think i could do that using this diet? (keep in mind iv a lot of bulk to add)

I like it for sliming down from a bulk just because i think my body handles it much better than just cutting crbs after pounding them for months on end.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 7:41 pm
The only downside is not being able to use Torrent post....

True, load up on the weekend haha. But if you are trying to choose between keto and AD, keto you will have no torrent for quite some time, on AD you can have it two days a week.

Maiden69
11-01-08, 7:49 pm
True, load up on the weekend haha. But if you are trying to choose between keto and AD, keto you will have no torrent for quite some time, on AD you can have it two days a week.

If you read the book he says that on his diet you can have all your carbs at the end of the day or split during. He also states that you can take up to 100g carb and still be good on the diet. I see no problem by doing it and taking Torrent PWO. That is what I'm doing now. All my meals during the day are Prot-Fats-with the only carbs coming from Almonds, the PreWO meal is 2 scoop Iso Whey (or 1 Iso-1 Milk&Eggs) and 1/2 cup of oats, and the PWO 3 scoop of Torrent. I'm still loosing 1 lb a week eating maintenance calories, which I'm pretty sure that is fat that is going away. From the beginning to now I have lost 23 lbs and 9% bf. I started with 170 LBM and I'm still the same (227 @ 27% to 204 @18%). Still have a long way to go, but I will continue this approach until I plateau, then I will go on a full Keto dropping the Torrent and the Oats.

GJN5002
11-01-08, 7:57 pm
If you read the book he says that on his diet you can have all your carbs at the end of the day or split during. He also states that you can take up to 100g carb and still be good on the diet. I see no problem by doing it and taking Torrent PWO. That is what I'm doing now. All my meals during the day are Prot-Fats-with the only carbs coming from Almonds, the PreWO meal is 2 scoop Iso Whey (or 1 Iso-1 Milk&Eggs) and 1/2 cup of oats, and the PWO 3 scoop of Torrent. I'm still loosing 1 lb a week eating maintenance calories, which I'm pretty sure that is fat that is going away. From the beginning to now I have lost 23 lbs and 9% bf. I started with 170 LBM and I'm still the same (227 @ 27% to 204 @18%). Still have a long way to go, but I will continue this approach until I plateau, then I will go on a full Keto dropping the Torrent and the Oats.

good to know its working for you, ive been to afraid to go above about 30 carbs during the week but for the bulk i wont be so worried about a little weight if it doesnt work.
This is why I started this thread though because ive only done AD one way and I was hoping others lik eyou have experience with it because I think its a great diet a lot of people can benefit from.

Maiden69
11-01-08, 8:15 pm
good to know its working for you, ive been to afraid to go above about 30 carbs during the week but for the bulk i wont be so worried about a little weight if it doesnt work.
This is why I started this thread though because ive only done AD one way and I was hoping others lik eyou have experience with it because I think its a great diet a lot of people can benefit from.

I was the same way, I went from 2 day carb up to 1 day, to 1 meal every 5-7 days, to what I posted above that I have been doing for the last month. The body is changing, and that is all that matters for me. The fact that I'm still going down in weight is a plus.

mk53220
11-02-08, 12:26 pm
Im very interested in this. Is there a great book I can get to follow a step by step process of this diet?? Im really foolish to diets so i would need almost a day by day layout.

osiris
11-03-08, 5:16 am
Anybody wanting to start this diet,I'd recomend checking out http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/my_experience_on_the_anabolic_diet. It's got shit load of pages but it's worth the read.

Have done the diet in the past for both bulking and cutting and have had some good results. Will be starting it again as soon as I can sort some kind of budget (diet does tend to be a bit pricey)

B Con
11-03-08, 7:44 am
Did my first weekend carb up and could feel the point when I needed to refrain from more carbs. I could just feel the "smoothing" over effect and was like up thats it... I found one day to be ample to re carb up as well.

Down 5 lbs (pretty sure its water) as I look a lot leaner and clothes fit better. I am also more vascular.

Maiden69
11-03-08, 12:15 pm
Did my first weekend carb up and could feel the point when I needed to refrain from more carbs. I could just feel the "smoothing" over effect and was like up thats it... I found one day to be ample to re carb up as well.

Down 5 lbs (pretty sure its water) as I look a lot leaner and clothes fit better. I am also more vascular.

Yeap, that is the first impression on the AD. Look up Hola Bola on BB.com, and I think he posted some here too. He posted pics of him before and like 2 weeks after and his vascularity was much more pronounced on the after pics.

B Con
11-03-08, 12:21 pm
Yeap, that is the first impression on the AD. Look up Hola Bola on BB.com, and I think he posted some here too. He posted pics of him before and like 2 weeks after and his vascularity was much more pronounced on the after pics.

Yeah he sent me the book... following it to a T

Maiden69
11-03-08, 7:22 pm
Yeah he sent me the book... following it to a T

Good shit ain't it!

B Con
11-03-08, 9:44 pm
Good shit ain't it!

It's not bad... I feel weird not eating healthy like before... now I am cooking my food and people think I will get a heart attack or I am eating at waffle house every meal haha

Jormungand
11-04-08, 4:05 pm
Now am I missing something, or what would someone on this diet do to atleast TRY to control Cholestrol levels? I can see people taking in MONSTER amounts of Cholestrol. What do you guys think of that? How can that be controlled? Taking in spoonfuls of Metimucil (sp?) a day?

Maiden69
11-04-08, 7:07 pm
Now am I missing something, or what would someone on this diet do to atleast TRY to control Cholestrol levels? I can see people taking in MONSTER amounts of Cholestrol. What do you guys think of that? How can that be controlled? Taking in spoonfuls of Metimucil (sp?) a day?

You need to read the book to understand it. My good cholesterol went up and the bad went down in a 2 month period. I took Metamucil the first month just to keep me regular once I adapted to the diet, the fiber in almonds was more than enough.

B Con
11-04-08, 7:27 pm
You need to read the book to understand it. My good cholesterol went up and the bad went down in a 2 month period. I took Metamucil the first month just to keep me regular once I adapted to the diet, the fiber in almonds was more than enough.

I have just been adding fiber to my post workout shakes...

mk53220
11-05-08, 6:52 pm
What Pre, During and Post supps do you use when your on the AD Diet??

mk53220
11-06-08, 6:37 pm
What Pre, During and Post supps do you use when your on the AD Diet??

Anyone??

mk53220
11-06-08, 6:45 pm
What are the supplements I should be taking while on the Anabolic Diet?? Basic, Pre, During, Post workout

B Con
11-07-08, 9:16 am
What are the supplements I should be taking while on the Anabolic Diet?? Basic, Pre, During, Post workout

You should be fine with everything as long as they aren't loaded w/ carbs

Maiden69
11-07-08, 3:34 pm
Pre I use to take Pump, and just Iso Whey after, now as long as I don't go over 100g of carb a day I take Shock Therapy w Storm (20g) Intra Aid (10g) and Torrent (40g), during the rest of the day is mostly prot and fats, and some carbs from spinach, almonds, pb, etc... It is working great for me, once I go down to were I want to be I will increase the carbs to the same amount of g's of protein.

GJN5002
11-08-08, 8:17 pm
I woul deat a meal about an hour pre workout then pump and during workout Id have some aminos mixed in water then post aminos and gluatmine mixed with water and a vanadyl sulfate or just an iso whey shake.

GJN5002
11-12-08, 10:59 am
I have just been adding fiber to my post workout shakes...

keep in mind fiber slows down absorbtion and you want the nutrients getting in your blood stream fast post work out.

B Con
11-12-08, 11:44 am
keep in mind fiber slows down absorbtion and you want the nutrients getting in your blood stream fast post work out.

I take it with my full breakfast after my post workout shake which is around 20-30 minutes later... sorry just wanted to clarify

Joseb
01-01-09, 7:45 pm
yes you could weeman, go on the "maintenance phase" of this diet
you'll lose fat and get stronger for a bit.. its weird.

GJN5002
01-06-09, 10:18 am
I was reading last months issue of muscle and fitness at the gym yesterday and they have a "eat like a big while gettign shredded diet," they claim they created. It was just a rip off of the anabolic diet, so its seems to be getting a little more mainstream attention.

Joseb
01-06-09, 5:48 pm
lol itll get alot of attention.. but half the guys who go on it will fall off. eating big isnt the same as eating as much as you want is what people will find out.
im so sick of the food im eating.. i wish i could eat LESS now

GJN5002
01-07-09, 10:28 am
lol itll get alot of attention.. but half the guys who go on it will fall off. eating big isnt the same as eating as much as you want is what people will find out.
im so sick of the food im eating.. i wish i could eat LESS now
yea i let myself eat whatever I wanted the 4-5 days around christmas and new years and Im actually sick of eating junk. No more cravings, Im happy to be back to my bodybuilding foods.
During a diet though, it does get super boring.

GJN5002
03-31-09, 10:17 pm
I just started back on AD Monday. Im feeling great after 2 days of no carbs and my strength hasnt gone down at all. still eating 3000 calories for the next two weeks then down to 2500. heres my typical diet.

meal 1
4 whole eggs 2 pieces of bacon

meal 2
2 scoops iso whey
2 servings almonds

meal 3
ground beef with cheese
asparagus

meal 4
same as two

pre
i scoop whey
intra bcaa + creatine in water

meal 5
chicken
romaine
olive oil +vinegar
or a steak and veggies

meal 6
iso whey + peanut butter

snacking on pepperoni and pickles if im really hungry haha

12 days no carbs and then first refeed day 13 and 14.

fatbackgoal
04-06-09, 8:40 pm
I am going to go on the anabolic diet but have a couple of questions. Reading the metabolic science ebook he mentions you can go no carbs or up to a certain point. Should I start at none and move up or at a certain number and adjust down? Also would it be ok to use Ultra pro and Torrent.

Thanks for the time.

GJN5002
04-06-09, 10:50 pm
I am going to go on the anabolic diet but have a couple of questions. Reading the metabolic science ebook he mentions you can go no carbs or up to a certain point. Should I start at none and move up or at a certain number and adjust down? Also would it be ok to use Ultra pro and Torrent.

Thanks for the time.

I do first 12 days no carbs, first carb up day 13 and 14. Not over 30 carbs a day for first 12 days.

No torrent until carb up day. I do powdered bcaa's in water with storm pre/intra workout and 1 scoop storm plus iso whey post

newbreed
06-16-09, 7:03 pm
Read this:http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

Great link. Useful diet. Has great ideas to it

npeezy
06-23-09, 1:36 am
I am currently on day 5 of this diet...i have eaten the same exact foods all 5 days and i havnt lost 1 lb of water yet....i am a bit frustrated bc i read/was told i would lose 5-7lbs of water within the 1st week...especially since i went from around 300g of carbs down to 25g cold turkey...i am looking to maintain the muscle i have worked so hard to put on and looking to shred up. i am 6'1''...223lbs....16%bf.

the diet is as follows:

MEAL 1
6 eggs, 3-4 pepperoni slices, 2pc american cheese

MEAL 2
6-8oz beef, 2pc american cheese, 3/4cup pea pods

MEAL 3
6-8oz beef, 2pc american cheese, cup lettuce w olive oil/vin

MEAL 4
40g iso whey in h2o

Training.

PWO meal 5
40g iso whey, 20-25g glutamine, tblspoon of flax oil

Meal 6
same as meal 2 or 3

Am i doing anything wrong? i was actually disappointed to see that i hadnt lost any water weight yet...any feed back would be great..

thanks guys!

GJN5002
06-23-09, 10:02 am
I am currently on day 5 of this diet...i have eaten the same exact foods all 5 days and i havnt lost 1 lb of water yet....i am a bit frustrated bc i read/was told i would lose 5-7lbs of water within the 1st week...especially since i went from around 300g of carbs down to 25g cold turkey...i am looking to maintain the muscle i have worked so hard to put on and looking to shred up. i am 6'1''...223lbs....16%bf.

the diet is as follows:

MEAL 1
6 eggs, 3-4 pepperoni slices, 2pc american cheese

MEAL 2
6-8oz beef, 2pc american cheese, 3/4cup pea pods

MEAL 3
6-8oz beef, 2pc american cheese, cup lettuce w olive oil/vin

MEAL 4
40g iso whey in h2o

Training.

PWO meal 5
40g iso whey, 20-25g glutamine, tblspoon of flax oil

Meal 6
same as meal 2 or 3

Am i doing anything wrong? i was actually disappointed to see that i hadnt lost any water weight yet...any feed back would be great..

thanks guys!

how many total calories are you taking in and are you doing cardio? What does you carb up look like?

npeezy
06-23-09, 12:14 pm
how many total calories are you taking in and are you doing cardio? What does you carb up look like?

My calories are around 2600-3000 ....i do an hour of cardio on tues thurs and sat...and i havnt carbed up get. i am only on day 6 now.

GJN5002
06-23-09, 1:36 pm
My calories are around 2600-3000 ....i do an hour of cardio on tues thurs and sat...and i havnt carbed up get. i am only on day 6 now.

alright do your two weeks on then your first carb up day 13 and 14 and I think things will start rolling. At six days in your body may just be taking more time to adjust than others.

npeezy
06-23-09, 3:57 pm
alright do your two weeks on then your first carb up day 13 and 14 and I think things will start rolling. At six days in your body may just be taking more time to adjust than others.

Thats what i was thinking also...but it doesnt make sense lol....i went from around 300g carbs down to like 25g cold turkey and i had no shift in water weight whatsoever...i even ate LESS carbs today so far and i will weigh myself at the gym tonight to see if there is a change but i doubt it...it just doesnt make sense to me..

I burn about 630-650 cals on cardio days, and whatever i burn during my workouts....along with the no carbs and its just frustrating not seeing a change at ALL when i expected at least a loss in water...but nothing yet..

GJN5002
06-23-09, 4:08 pm
Thats what i was thinking also...but it doesnt make sense lol....i went from around 300g carbs down to like 25g cold turkey and i had no shift in water weight whatsoever...i even ate LESS carbs today so far and i will weigh myself at the gym tonight to see if there is a change but i doubt it...it just doesnt make sense to me..

I burn about 630-650 cals on cardio days, and whatever i burn during my workouts....along with the no carbs and its just frustrating not seeing a change at ALL when i expected at least a loss in water...but nothing yet..

As weird as it souds, try drinking more water if you arent getting a gallon in a day. Just give it another week and see what happens. I think its just taking your body a bit longer to make 'the switch.' Just to make sure, your 25g of carbs are coming from incidental sources right?

npeezy
06-24-09, 2:01 am
As weird as it souds, try drinking more water if you arent getting a gallon in a day. Just give it another week and see what happens. I think its just taking your body a bit longer to make 'the switch.' Just to make sure, your 25g of carbs are coming from incidental sources right?

i drink about 3/4 gallon a day..

and my carb sources come from pea pods, luttuce, vinegar, cheese and the 2g per serving in the breakfast sausage i eat..

npeezy
06-25-09, 1:00 pm
i drink about 3/4 gallon a day..

and my carb sources come from pea pods, luttuce, vinegar, cheese and the 2g per serving in the breakfast sausage i eat..

That said..

Yesterday ALL day i had a crazy headache and my whole body was tired...this was telling me that my body was switching over to fats from carbs...i thought sweet! my body is adjusting! i went to the gym later on for chest/bis and weighed myself afterwards...UP 2 lbs...i just dont get it anymore....

ProteinJunkie
06-25-09, 1:27 pm
Hey bro,

Thought I'd take a min and respond. I've been reading, and usually only read here, but figured I'd give ya some things to think about.

I was on 'Anabolic' for nearly a year at about this time last year and due to personal circumstances, had to come off it. With that being said, I do plan on starting it up again very soon with intentions of not coming off it for a very, very long time. So with this experience in mind I'd like to voice that you need to give it more time. Your on what, day 6? Patience bro. I respond very quickly to changes in my menu/supplement usage...you may not. However this doesn't mean it's not working just the same. Do it for 6 weeks...not 6 days, then decide.

Secondly, the 2 lbs. should be of little to no value to you mentally or physically. Aside from specialty diets/programs alone, weight in general fluctuates quite a bit in a day and is reason why I don't weight in daily but weekly. Aside from the scale, what's the mirror tell you? I found it's a much better guide as the weeks/months go by.

This program is great for those who love the foods from it. You won't be able to stay on it long enough to see real results if you don't.

Hope this helps.

PJ

GJN5002
06-25-09, 3:16 pm
That said..

Yesterday ALL day i had a crazy headache and my whole body was tired...this was telling me that my body was switching over to fats from carbs...i thought sweet! my body is adjusting! i went to the gym later on for chest/bis and weighed myself afterwards...UP 2 lbs...i just dont get it anymore....

weigh yourself first thing i the morning

also, dont rely on the scale. use the mirror. Some people who arent used to so much fat in the diet will actually put on some muscle. Track your progress by how you look. Ive lost about 10 pounds over the last 8 weeks on ad whihc isnt a huge amount but I look a lot better.

great post PJ

npeezy
06-27-09, 10:59 pm
weigh yourself first thing i the morning

also, dont rely on the scale. use the mirror. Some people who arent used to so much fat in the diet will actually put on some muscle. Track your progress by how you look. Ive lost about 10 pounds over the last 8 weeks on ad whihc isnt a huge amount but I look a lot better.

great post PJ

9 days in and still the same weight...but i am going to do my carb up and continue on for a couple more weeks and see how i feel...if i dont notice any changes i am going to carb cycle like i did last cut. last cut i ate between 100-200g of carbs a day and went from 216 down to 179 and although i did use a bit of muscle, i was the most ripped i have ever been...but like i said...after my 3rd carb up ill access how i look and make a decision from there.

ronald1919
07-13-09, 1:26 pm
hey guys I am giving this diet a shot. currently bulking with 5x5 ( 6 weeks in).
few questions before I post my diet:
Can I still take 30 grams sugar from gatorade post workout ??
Is fiber considered carbs too or can you eat some veggies with meals ??
On the high carb weekend does the protein have to be low ?? I can eat a ton of carbs as long as there is some meat with it.

If anyone knows any good diet/calories counting software so I can set up my diet.

GJN5002
07-13-09, 4:05 pm
hey guys I am giving this diet a shot. currently bulking with 5x5 ( 6 weeks in).
few questions before I post my diet:
Can I still take 30 grams sugar from gatorade post workout ??
Is fiber considered carbs too or can you eat some veggies with meals ??
On the high carb weekend does the protein have to be low ?? I can eat a ton of carbs as long as there is some meat with it.

If anyone knows any good diet/calories counting software so I can set up my diet.

no pwo carbs. you will get 30 throughout the day from veggies and other carbs you cant avoid. dr pasquale firmly believes that you should not spike insulin pwo.
fiber isnt counted towards carbs
correct, lower protein on the weekend carb up to about 1 g/ lb of lean mass.

ronald1919
07-13-09, 5:43 pm
damn what do i do with my nitro g now....

ProteinJunkie
07-13-09, 7:04 pm
To add-on to what gjn500 mentioned, feel free to minimally carb up post-workout however be sure its all within your allotted daily carb count. If you play your carbs right, you may have some extra grams to play with come post workout time. Chances are though post workout supplements are going to be too high to use. You could ˝ your serving of NitroG but that takes away too large of your carb portion for the rest of the day, imo. So what do you do with your NitroG then? I’d use it on my carb up weekends if you have to use it but it ain’t burnin’ a hole in your pocket is it? Save them for a time when you are not on this.

And veggie carbs are counted – however – you minus your carb count from the fiber count per serving. Fiber is "free" and not counted because it has no impact on blood sugar levels. So if your going to chow down on 1 cup for raw broccoli for a snack, you carb count the the carbs for that serving of 4 grams as it as 6 grams of carbs, minus the fiber count of 2 grams.

As I’ve mentioned before, this program ain’t a ‘try it for a couple weeks cause you’re looking for something new to try’ program. Love the foods, love the program and you’ll love the results.

ronald1919
07-14-09, 12:00 am
sounds good man. the book made a good case for the diet and I am willing to give it a shot and stick with it for at least a couple of months. I will be doing cardio on the weekend so I ll sip my nitro g during.

GJN5002
07-14-09, 10:07 am
sounds good man. the book made a good case for the diet and I am willing to give it a shot and stick with it for at least a couple of months. I will be doing cardio on the weekend so I ll sip my nitro g during.

I would do your cardio during the week when your glycogen stores are empty, it will be more efficient. Also, you never want to take carbs in while doing cardio unless you are a runner. You will just keep putting glycogen in your body to burn so you will basically be doing cardio for nothing.

ronald1919
07-15-09, 4:41 pm
my third day in. was feeling pretty bad yesterday, on the verge of puking. All this damn spinash is making me sick. a little better today, I guess my body is adapting. I am gonna stay low carb for 12 days then i am going to load up for the 36 hours. my weight is swinging like crazy between 215 and 205.

my diet looks like this:
_ 5 eggs + 1 slice of bacon+ 1 swiss cheese+ 3 caps fish oil and multi
_ ground beef + cheese+ 1/2 cup mixed vegetable and 2 tsp olive oil
pre workout: pump
post workout: 1 scoop proten (9gram carbs)
_red meat + mushrooms+ spinash + 2tsp olive oil
_salmon + broccoli
_1/2 cup cottage cheese + some nuts + 3 fish oil

If anyone can hook me up with a free diet program so I can count my macros properly.

GJN5002
07-15-09, 5:48 pm
my third day in. was feeling pretty bad yesterday, on the verge of puking. All this damn spinash is making me sick. a little better today, I guess my body is adapting. I am gonna stay low carb for 12 days then i am going to load up for the 36 hours. my weight is swinging like crazy between 215 and 205.

my diet looks like this:
_ 5 eggs + 1 slice of bacon+ 1 swiss cheese+ 3 caps fish oil and multi
_ ground beef + cheese+ 1/2 cup mixed vegetable and 2 tsp olive oil
pre workout: pump
post workout: 1 scoop proten (9gram carbs)
_red meat + mushrooms+ spinash + 2tsp olive oil
_salmon + broccoli
_1/2 cup cottage cheese + some nuts + 3 fish oil

If anyone can hook me up with a free diet program so I can count my macros properly.

drop the cottage cheese and youre good.

fitday.com is decent also http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3179/2

ronald1919
07-15-09, 6:02 pm
drop it even if it is within my 30 g carb ?? what protein do i replace it with ?

ProteinJunkie
07-15-09, 6:51 pm
From what I can recall, what would ˝ cup of cottage cheese amount to? 4 grams? It’s minimal at most so if it fits within your daily 30 gram count, by all means eat it. Cottage cheese is a great snack. Throw in some bits of spicy pepperoni sticks (the ones I eat have 0 carbs and loaded with fat per stick) and you’ve got yourself one tasty snack.

Alternatively if you’re running a little high on carbs one day due to some other item you ate, replace your cottage cheese with cheddar cheese. A ˝ cup of it only yields about 0-1 grams of carbs. I cut it up into little cubes and pop ‘em like candy.

Sphinx
07-15-09, 7:09 pm
Hey guys, I started the AD on Monday myself and am looking for some guidance...

I'm guessing this is normal maybe, but I feel like SHIT. Now, thats not to say I don't have energy when I workout, but I am VERY hungry, I think this is maybe what it feels like when addicts come off a drug or something... anyway, just a few questions regarding this diet.

I've gone through all the posts and also the eBook itself, I know it says 25grams per day... I think I've been pushing close to 40, is this good or bad? The majority comes from gatorade (33g) which I down when I start working out and it lasts until I finish, judging from the restriction on Torrent, I'm guessing the gatorade is a no-no as well right? Also, the eBook says you can eat berries and watermelons, but looking those up, they're packed with carbs, whats the deal?

Now the workout. I'm trying to maximize my fat loss, I do fasted HIIT in the morning. I start off jogging 1km at a moderate pace. Then I do my HIIT. It consists of 4 laps around a 400m baseball diamond. I sprint for 100m, then walk 50m, sprint for 100, walk 50, and sprint 100. Depending on the day, I will do a set of pullups, pushups, or leg lifts between laps. Then its another 1km run back home to hit the weights. The weightlifting in itself I keep short and sweet. 4 sets of reps between 8-10 (all supersets) I keep it to 6 exercises per split. Does this look good?

GJN5002
07-15-09, 11:18 pm
From what I can recall, what would ˝ cup of cottage cheese amount to? 4 grams? It’s minimal at most so if it fits within your daily 30 gram count, by all means eat it. Cottage cheese is a great snack. Throw in some bits of spicy pepperoni sticks (the ones I eat have 0 carbs and loaded with fat per stick) and you’ve got yourself one tasty snack.

Alternatively if you’re running a little high on carbs one day due to some other item you ate, replace your cottage cheese with cheddar cheese. A ˝ cup of it only yields about 0-1 grams of carbs. I cut it up into little cubes and pop ‘em like candy.

I was thinking it was like 8-12g, shows how long its been since Ive eaten cottage cheese haha

GJN5002
07-16-09, 10:14 am
Hey guys, I started the AD on Monday myself and am looking for some guidance...

I'm guessing this is normal maybe, but I feel like SHIT. Now, thats not to say I don't have energy when I workout, but I am VERY hungry, I think this is maybe what it feels like when addicts come off a drug or something... anyway, just a few questions regarding this diet.

I've gone through all the posts and also the eBook itself, I know it says 25grams per day... I think I've been pushing close to 40, is this good or bad? The majority comes from gatorade (33g) which I down when I start working out and it lasts until I finish, judging from the restriction on Torrent, I'm guessing the gatorade is a no-no as well right? Also, the eBook says you can eat berries and watermelons, but looking those up, they're packed with carbs, whats the deal?

Now the workout. I'm trying to maximize my fat loss, I do fasted HIIT in the morning. I start off jogging 1km at a moderate pace. Then I do my HIIT. It consists of 4 laps around a 400m baseball diamond. I sprint for 100m, then walk 50m, sprint for 100, walk 50, and sprint 100. Depending on the day, I will do a set of pullups, pushups, or leg lifts between laps. Then its another 1km run back home to hit the weights. The weightlifting in itself I keep short and sweet. 4 sets of reps between 8-10 (all supersets) I keep it to 6 exercises per split. Does this look good?

For the first tow weeks I wouldnt eat any fruit or any sugary products. Your body has to go through a "metabolic shift," and vecome more efficient at using fat. I generally do the first two weeks a lot like keto. I would avoid sugar post workout, Dr. Pasquale believes that post workout insulin spike is not good, you benefit more from keeping insulin sensitivity high and feeding on fats/protein.

There are conflicting ideas on the workout portion. Some think you should avoid supersetting too fast because it becomes more of an endurance thing. I love supersets, working out fast, and I box which is not low intensity haha. I think you will do alright with all that. I would probably split the cardio and weight training up if possible.

Sphinx
07-16-09, 10:36 am
For the first tow weeks I wouldnt eat any fruit or any sugary products. Your body has to go through a "metabolic shift," and vecome more efficient at using fat. I generally do the first two weeks a lot like keto. I would avoid sugar post workout, Dr. Pasquale believes that post workout insulin spike is not good, you benefit more from keeping insulin sensitivity high and feeding on fats/protein.

There are conflicting ideas on the workout portion. Some think you should avoid supersetting too fast because it becomes more of an endurance thing. I love supersets, working out fast, and I box which is not low intensity haha. I think you will do alright with all that. I would probably split the cardio and weight training up if possible.

Asides from maybe 10 blueberries I've downed over the past 3 days, I have had no other fruits. I've also decided to drop the gatorade, I'll keep the carbs as low as I can and limit them to just any spinach and almonds I eat.

I love supersets as well, and I don't mind if my training becomes endurance based cause I'm actually aiming for that. As for splitting the cardio and weight training, you mean as in cardio in the morning and weights later in the day sort of thing?

GJN5002
07-16-09, 12:06 pm
Asides from maybe 10 blueberries I've downed over the past 3 days, I have had no other fruits. I've also decided to drop the gatorade, I'll keep the carbs as low as I can and limit them to just any spinach and almonds I eat.

I love supersets as well, and I don't mind if my training becomes endurance based cause I'm actually aiming for that. As for splitting the cardio and weight training, you mean as in cardio in the morning and weights later in the day sort of thing?

SOme argue endurance training is more glycogen based and in the absence of it, can be somewhat catabolic, but I feel like it applies more to distance running and thigns of that nature rather than super sets.

Do your cardio in the a.m and weights later in the day after you get a few meals in. I generally lift 4 days a week and do cardio on the three non lifting days.

Sphinx
07-18-09, 2:14 pm
I know its still early in the diet, but wanted to give a heads up on my progress; Monday morning I weighed in at 189, checking this morning before cardio I weighed 184. Don't know how great that is or isn't, I'm happy with the result and expect better for next week now that I know to cut out the gatorade ;)

Strange thing is, I weight myself after cardio and I weighed less... about 2 pounds less, I find that odd cause there is no way I sweated off 2 pounds is there?

GJN5002
07-18-09, 4:42 pm
I know its still early in the diet, but wanted to give a heads up on my progress; Monday morning I weighed in at 189, checking this morning before cardio I weighed 184. Don't know how great that is or isn't, I'm happy with the result and expect better for next week now that I know to cut out the gatorade ;)

Strange thing is, I weight myself after cardio and I weighed less... about 2 pounds less, I find that odd cause there is no way I sweated off 2 pounds is there?

scale is ok to use but focus more on the mirror. I'm only down about 15lbs since I started but I look much different. Abs are starting to show, veins are popping, but Im at about 200lbs down from 215 which isnt that much. A lot of the weight you lose in the beginning will be water weight. Once you are a few weeks in, you should average 1-2 lbs a week.

Sphinx
07-18-09, 6:37 pm
scale is ok to use but focus more on the mirror. I'm only down about 15lbs since I started but I look much different. Abs are starting to show, veins are popping, but Im at about 200lbs down from 215 which isnt that much. A lot of the weight you lose in the beginning will be water weight. Once you are a few weeks in, you should average 1-2 lbs a week.

Wow, that burst my bubble... lol, of course, thats good to know and reminds me why I need to keep consistent, and maybe push it for longer than just 8 weeks...

By the way, back to the diet, I know its advised we eat more red meat for this, but will chicken be that bad or make that much of a difference compared to red meat?

ProteinJunkie
07-19-09, 1:19 am
I was thinking it was like 8-12g, shows how long its been since Ive eaten cottage cheese haha

That was just an approximate guesstimate and you may be right bro - I dunno for sure. It'd depend on the brand, what % it is, the size of curds (large vs small), etc. My gauge always comes off the container I'm eating from. Websites are great tools but I prefer double-checking my ingredient profiles with what's on it before I buy it.

scale is ok to use but focus more on the mirror.

I tend to agree. The body has so many variables naturally, let alone when on a specialty program like this. Take your time and use every tool in your arsenal to gauge your success, including the scale sometimes.

By the way, back to the diet, I know its advised we eat more red meat for this, but will chicken be that bad or make that much of a difference compared to red meat?

Red meat is suggested from not only a protein profile aspect but the fat it has as well. Remember fats are your fuel. Although I wouldn't classify chicken as a 'bad choice', I wouldn't choose it over red meat as it's fat profile isn't near as high. Again...it's going to come down to your numbers/your daily intake that day and as long as you’re hitting them, eat as you please. I ate chicken but I also made sure to juice it up a little to increase the fat content by say, adding a full fat creamy cheese sauce on top or, wrapping bacon around it on the BBQ...a definite fav of mine. Hope this helps.

GJN5002
07-20-09, 10:19 am
ohh man, chicken wrapped in bacon. I know what I'm having for dinner.

Hollow
07-20-09, 10:34 am
Man, I knew I shouldn’t have read this before lunch!!!

ronald1919
07-22-09, 5:06 pm
Day 9. I already know that I am gonna be using this diet for a long long time. Lost a lot of water weight and I look better. upper abs already visible. constant energy through the day. I used to salivate every food I see but now I am so stuffed from eggs and bacon...

Sphinx
07-22-09, 5:17 pm
Day 9. I already know that I am gonna be using this diet for a long long time. Lost a lot of water weight and I look better. upper abs already visible. constant energy through the day. I used to salivate every food I see but now I am so stuffed from eggs and bacon...

Constant energy?!

Dude, what are eating lol? I really feel the difference by cutting carbs and fruits from my diet, I feel rather drained. I get energy from sheer willpower and determination cause I feel exhausted during my workouts. I'm on my 2nd week with the anabolic diet, pounds went down and some change in physique but still too early to judge,

GJN5002
07-22-09, 5:56 pm
Constant energy?!

Dude, what are eating lol? I really feel the difference by cutting carbs and fruits from my diet, I feel rather drained. I get energy from sheer willpower and determination cause I feel exhausted during my workouts. I'm on my 2nd week with the anabolic diet, pounds went down and some change in physique but still too early to judge,

once your body has adapted to using fat you have an endless supply of energy. I almost laways have energy and most of my lifts stay pretty solid.

Sphinx
07-22-09, 6:15 pm
once your body has adapted to using fat you have an endless supply of energy. I almost laways have energy and most of my lifts stay pretty solid.

I have to say, I feel different from this week compared to last week when I started. Last week was horrible, real bad cravings for fruits which are my favourite source of carbs. This week its a bit better, less cravings, but the energy still isn't there.

GJN5002
07-22-09, 10:16 pm
I have to say, I feel different from this week compared to last week when I started. Last week was horrible, real bad cravings for fruits which are my favourite source of carbs. This week its a bit better, less cravings, but the energy still isn't there.

not everyone reacts as well to low carb/keto diets. Keep at it and see how it goes. AFter your first carb up you may feel pretty good.

ronald1919
07-24-09, 3:48 pm
not everyone reacts as well to low carb/keto diets. Keep at it and see how it goes. AFter your first carb up you may feel pretty good.

yea I think about 20% of the population would do better on moderate carbs. I was eating A LOT of carbs indiscriminately...low and high GI. Really i never thought I would do well on a keto but decided to give this a try because of the weekend load. It just made sense to me. First week was full of headaches but now I have so much energy.

I am going to carb up with (mostly) starches for 36 hours. I have heard that a lot of people complain about looking pregnant during the weekend. I really want to avoid that.

Sphinx
07-25-09, 12:39 am
yea I think about 20% of the population would do better on moderate carbs. I was eating A LOT of carbs indiscriminately...low and high GI. Really i never thought I would do well on a keto but decided to give this a try because of the weekend load. It just made sense to me. First week was full of headaches but now I have so much energy.

I am going to carb up with (mostly) starches for 36 hours. I have heard that a lot of people complain about looking pregnant during the weekend. I really want to avoid that.

I don't plan on taking advantage of carbing up and downing anything that spikes the sugar levels too much. My plan is to stick to fruits after every meal, whole grains if I'm eating bread, and sweet potatoes. Two days of that should be enough come Monday morning when I go cold turkey for another 5 days.

GJN5002
07-29-09, 3:31 pm
I don't plan on taking advantage of carbing up and downing anything that spikes the sugar levels too much. My plan is to stick to fruits after every meal, whole grains if I'm eating bread, and sweet potatoes. Two days of that should be enough come Monday morning when I go cold turkey for another 5 days.

experiment and see what happens. some weekends I will load up on high GI carbs, crap food, etc and it is still effective. Would it be more effective if I stuck to clean low GI foods? I dont know. I usually eat a ton of fruit, some bagels as well as ice cream haha.

ProteinJunkie
07-29-09, 3:55 pm
experiment and see what happens. some weekends I will load up on high GI carbs, crap food, etc and it is still effective. Would it be more effective if I stuck to clean low GI foods? I dont know. I usually eat a ton of fruit, some bagels as well as ice cream haha.

Great call. Like anything else eh - just have fun experimenting and see what what works.

I'm also a huge fan of bagels...covered in homemade fruit jam/jelly. I'm also a proud 'cereal killer' in skim milk as the skim keeps your fat down and your carbs up, right where you want 'em on off days.

ronald1919
07-29-09, 4:23 pm
guys just a question, can I still eat a lot of protein on my carb up day ??
reason is I just feel uncomfortable eating so little meat lol I get scared I might be losing muscle. so can I have my high carb and protein ??

ProteinJunkie
07-29-09, 5:22 pm
guys just a question, can I still eat a lot of protein on my carb up day ??
reason is I just feel uncomfortable eating so little meat lol I get scared I might be losing muscle. so can I have my high carb and protein ??

If I recall correctly, 15% of your daily caloric intake on carb-up days comes from protein and is your lowest intake of the 3 so your best to not go overboard on protein if you want to adhere to the recommended program. With that being said, experiment and see how you feel/look. I'm sure if you go higher, you'll be fine just the same. Try a few weeks high...then try a few weeks at 15% and see which you like better.

Sphinx
07-29-09, 11:05 pm
If I recall correctly, 15% of your daily caloric intake on carb-up days comes from protein and is your lowest intake of the 3 so your best to not go overboard on protein if you want to adhere to the recommended program. With that being said, experiment and see how you feel/look. I'm sure if you go higher, you'll be fine just the same. Try a few weeks high...then try a few weeks at 15% and see which you like better.

Only 15%? Haha, this sounds like a license to binge! Here I am not touching anything white, sticking to grains and fruits as my sources... But I do remember reading this too, in fact, I'll go double check...

Carbs Days. 15% protein, 25% fat, 60% carbs. So 60% of your calories should come from carbs. These will fill your carb stores.

...Right from the diet page itself.

GJN5002
07-30-09, 10:10 am
its kind of a sliding scale
weekend carb up

15-30% pro
25- 40% fat
35-55% carbs

I tend to keep the protein on the low side for the carb up

Sphinx
08-03-09, 9:57 pm
It is the start of my 4th week on the Anabolic Diet and I'd like to share my current stats. On July 13th, I started at 189 lbs., my last weigh in was August 1st and I stood at 174 lbs. My diet was pretty much the same thing Monday to Friday, here is an example:

0640 - Cuts
0650 - 1km jog, HIIT (100m sprint, 50m walk, 100m sprint, 50m walk, 100m sprint)x4 laps, 1 set of pullups between laps. SLDL, BO Row, Lat pulldown, DL, 4 sets, supersets
0830 - PWO shake (40g WPI, 5g Creatine mono) 1000mg Vit C
0930 - 3 whole eggs, 1 white, slice of salami, cheese, sausage
1210 - Shrimp (olive oil, garlic) spinach, almonds
1430 - Two teaspoons of natty pb
1600 - Cuts, Pak, WPI (40g)
1900 - tilapia fillet, spinach, sprouts, shrimp
2130 - cottage cheese, sausage

The HIIT is the same every morning except I change between pull ups, push ups, and leg lifts. The weight training is the same in terms of 4 supersets, of course different muscles everyday, Monday to Friday with Saturday just a session of the HIIT.

The food changed as well. I began with shrimp and tilapia, I moved on to pork and ground beef patties. Spinach accompanies the meat in the same meals, I will probably switch to asparagus for a bit though cause I am getting sick of it... I also kept the yolk in the 4th egg and its 4 whole eggs every morning now, cheese accompanies the meals sometimes, and I eat almonds (4-5 almonds) between meals or when I feel cravings for fruit or other carbs.

My water intake was/is very high as I was on Cuts as well, I couldn't tell you how much but I had to piss at least once every half hour and made sure to drink the most between meals.

So, I plan on continuing with it until the end of August and see how I look then, there is definition in some parts of the body, no 6 pack yet but I see a clear outline around the core muscles so I know I'm on my way. I had a question regarding... ahem, bowel movements. I don't find myself going as often as I usually did before I went on this diet. Its odd but I don't feel like going at all, I practically have to force myself cause I know I should be going at least once a day.

Which fiber rich food with minimal carbs in it can I eat during the week to keep things moving inside? Are beans alright? I was thinking of making chili, but a very basic recipe.

dominate77
08-03-09, 11:08 pm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/huskpow.html, i like it and it's cheap

GJN5002
08-04-09, 10:16 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/huskpow.html, i like it and it's cheap

Good stuff. I buy it in bulk and add it to my shakes. Gives them a nice consistency and doesnt really have taste.

dominate77
08-04-09, 3:47 pm
Good stuff. I buy it in bulk and add it to my shakes. Gives them a nice consistency and doesnt really have taste.

the first time i took it i couldn't believe how much bigger it got when i added it to water

dominate77
08-04-09, 3:48 pm

the first time i took it i couldn't believe how much bigger it got when i added it to water! it was so thick i ended up eating it with a spoon. i just started drinking it as fast as i could after it hit the water.

Iron 3
08-11-09, 7:25 pm
In WHOLE milk, even though there are some carbs, is all the fat and protein enough to keep the metabolism burning fat and not switch back to carb sources for energy?
Thanks.

Sphinx
08-11-09, 7:36 pm
In WHOLE milk, even though there are some carbs, is all the fat and protein enough to keep the metabolism burning fat and not switch back to carb sources for energy?
Thanks.

As long as its under 25g as per the Anabolic Diet.

ProteinJunkie
08-11-09, 8:18 pm
Thanks.

As long as its under 25g as per the Anabolic Diet.

Correct. So as long as keep your daily grams below this mark, have what you want. However, I wouldn’t suggest it. Slamming down whole milk isn’t the best source of fat-per-carb ratio. Cream yields a much higher fat count with much less carbs too boot.

Cream (1 oz): 11g. fat, 1g. carb
Whole Milk (1 cup): 8g. fat, 11g. carb

It’s all about getting the best bang for your buck so you can hit your fat requirements. Save milk for your carb days. My $0.02.

GJN5002
08-12-09, 10:13 am
Correct. So as long as keep your daily grams below this mark, have what you want. However, I wouldn’t suggest it. Slamming down whole milk isn’t the best source of fat-per-carb ratio. Cream yields a much higher fat count with much less carbs too boot.

Cream (1 oz): 11g. fat, 1g. carb
Whole Milk (1 cup): 8g. fat, 11g. carb

It’s all about getting the best bang for your buck so you can hit your fat requirements. Save milk for your carb days. My $0.02.

solid advice.

You need to stay under the 30g of carb limit but that doesnt mean you should get as close as possible. if you can stay at 15 carbs awesome. Just because youve had only 15 carbs and its the end of the day doesnt mean you can 15 g of sugar in a sitting and expect it to have no ill effects because you are still under 30g. Milk carbs are essentially that, lactose which is milk sugar.

I like putting heavy whipping cream in my shakes sometimes.

GJN5002
08-12-09, 10:20 am
Ive been having this shake for breakfast lately. I wasnt sure if it would have an effect (bad) due to the 8 carbs or the almond milk but I havent seen any negative from it.

8oz almond milk (3c 2f)
4 large ice cubes
1 heaping scoop whey protein isolate (vanilla) (27gp)
3 tbsp natty pb (16f 6c 12p 2fiber)
1 tbsp psyllium husk (4.5 fiber 4.5 carbs)
1-2 tbsp heavy whipping cream (11g fat 1 carbs)
14.5 carbs
6.5 g fiber
(8 total carbs)

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 10:26 am
Ive been having this shake for breakfast lately. I wasnt sure if it would have an effect (bad) due to the 8 carbs or the almond milk but I havent seen any negative from it.

8oz almond milk (3c 2f)
4 large ice cubes
1 heaping scoop whey protein isolate (vanilla) (27gp)
3 tbsp natty pb (16f 6c 12p 2fiber)
1 tbsp psyllium husk (4.5 fiber 4.5 carbs)
1-2 tbsp heavy whipping cream (11g fat 1 carbs)
14.5 carbs
6.5 g fiber
(8 total carbs)

Good looking! is the whipping cream jsut to up the fats?

GJN5002
08-12-09, 10:27 am
Good looking! is the whipping cream jsut to up the fats?

yea and it makes it just a little creamier. i got sick of watery shakes all the time so between the fiber, cream and almond milk its like pudding.

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 10:31 am
yea and it makes it just a little creamier. i got sick of watery shakes all the time so between the fiber, cream and almond milk its like pudding.

Ya I bet. I always want the thickness in the shakes I make. The bed time ones are easy because I think the consitancy of casein helps with thickness.

I know oyu fear the carbs, but is there a reason? Does it have to do with insulin levels? Or is it just your body doesn deal with them well? or are oyu on Keto?

GJN5002
08-12-09, 1:11 pm
Ya I bet. I always want the thickness in the shakes I make. The bed time ones are easy because I think the consitancy of casein helps with thickness.

I know oyu fear the carbs, but is there a reason? Does it have to do with insulin levels? Or is it just your body doesn deal with them well? or are oyu on Keto?

Haha, I dont fear them I actually love carbs. One reaosn I do keto or AD is because if I am not allowed to eat carbs then I cant cheat. In my opinion, it just makes more sense to avoid spiking insulin while dieting. High fat diets also increase test levels and you are generally full and satisfied with your meals. A normal meal for me on AD is 4 whole eggs, a few pieces of sausage with a little cheese and hot sauce.

Aside from that, my body just works well without carbs, I dont lose strenth, endurance, and usually feel great after one day without carbs.

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:27 pm
Haha, I dont fear them I actually love carbs. One reaosn I do keto or AD is because if I am not allowed to eat carbs then I cant cheat. In my opinion, it just makes more sense to avoid spiking insulin while dieting. High fat diets also increase test levels and you are generally full and satisfied with your meals. A normal meal for me on AD is 4 whole eggs, a few pieces of sausage with a little cheese and hot sauce.

Aside from that, my body just works well without carbs, I dont lose strenth, endurance, and usually feel great after one day without carbs.

ya good shit! Thats the one thing that keto does is the fullness factor. For my lifestyle it is jsut way too regimented for me to pursue. I think the people that are on it successfully are doing a lot fo good work. It is good to see you are getting the goods out of it!

GJN5002
08-12-09, 1:33 pm
ya good shit! Thats the one thing that keto does is the fullness factor. For my lifestyle it is jsut way too regimented for me to pursue. I think the people that are on it successfully are doing a lot fo good work. It is good to see you are getting the goods out of it!

ironically I think keto is easy. You know what you can and cannot eat, just adhere to it and youre good. whatever works for you carbs, no carbs, and anything in between.

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:34 pm
ironically I think keto is easy. You know what you can and cannot eat, just adhere to it and youre good. whatever works for you carbs, no carbs, and anything in between.

From what I have heard and maybe I am wrong on this one won't alchohol pull you out of it??

GJN5002
08-12-09, 1:35 pm
From what I have heard and maybe I am wrong on this one won't alchohol pull you out of it??

its possible, if I drink on keto (rarely) i usually go with some liquor but it will go straight to your head. I mean one shot or one drink and you are buzzed, so you dont need much. Thats why I liek D, you get the weekend carb up and thta usually includes a few quality beers for me haha.

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:38 pm
its possible, if I drink on keto (rarely) i usually go with some liquor but it will go straight to your head. I mean one shot or one drink and you are buzzed, so you dont need much. Thats why I liek D, you get the weekend carb up and thta usually includes a few quality beers for me haha.

Nice! I will have to do more research on it. Not in the mood to totally change everything now because I like where I'm at but maybe in the future!

Sphinx
08-12-09, 3:44 pm

4 whole eggs, piece of sausage, cheese and hot sauce? Why, thats my breakfast! Minus the hit sauce :) Good to hear I'm on the right track with this diet.

GJN5002
08-12-09, 4:28 pm
4 whole eggs, piece of sausage, cheese and hot sauce? Why, thats my breakfast! Minus the hit sauce :) Good to hear I'm on the right track with this diet.

beats the hell out of eggs whites and oats

Sphinx
08-12-09, 4:46 pm

Bleh :P I tried that once, I don't get how people mix that and actually eat it. Egg whites alone are gross, oats are fine, but mixing the two just makes me sick thinking about it...

ProteinJunkie
08-12-09, 4:47 pm

No kiddin'.

Eggs, sausage (or bacon - my personal fav), cheese, hot sauce and then a super creamy chocolate isolate protein shake/pudding for dessert. Sounds like heaven to me.

Sphinx
08-13-09, 4:05 pm
Hey fellas, got something to discuss here regarding the Anabolic Diet. Its my 5th week on it and I've lost some weight and see more definition on my body. I'm gonna go for another two weeks after this one before I go back to bulking and try to hit 200lbs.

Anyone here tried this diet while bulking? The official page for it says it will be difficult which is obvious since we cut carbs weekdays. But is it possible to bulk with just a large focus on fat and protein?

ProteinJunkie
08-13-09, 5:26 pm
Hey fellas, got something to discuss here regarding the Anabolic Diet. Its my 5th week on it and I've lost some weight and see more definition on my body. I'm gonna go for another two weeks after this one before I go back to bulking and try to hit 200lbs.

Anyone here tried this diet while bulking? The official page for it says it will be difficult which is obvious since we cut carbs weekdays. But is it possible to bulk with just a large focus on fat and protein?

Unfortunately, I don't use it for bulking but as long as you follow the higher caloric formula for gaining, I don't see any issues with being able to gain from it & gain lean too boot.

GJN5002
08-13-09, 5:40 pm

Ive never used it for bulking but think it would be possible. Let me do some research and see wha I can find out. I know there is a variation where you can use about 10 carbs a day at proper times.

IronWilson
08-13-09, 6:50 pm

It would definitely work in theory. But may not be optimal. What I would be be worried about is the excess calories will kick you out of ketosis, regardless of if they are coming from carbs or not. I experienced this when I came off keto. I tried increasing calories from fat over maintainance, and it made me weaker in the gym and I felt like crap, even though carbs were still very low.

You would be better off doing a lower carb, medium fat bulk imo. You can eat carbs with 3-4 meals a day on training days and with 1 meal on non-training days, and have protein and fats with every meal. That is where I am at right now until it is time to increase carbs.

Sphinx
08-13-09, 8:16 pm
It would definitely work in theory. But may not be optimal. What I would be be worried about is the excess calories will kick you out of ketosis, regardless of if they are coming from carbs or not. I experienced this when I came off keto. I tried increasing calories from fat over maintainance, and it made me weaker in the gym and I felt like crap, even though carbs were still very low.

You would be better off doing a lower carb, medium fat bulk imo. You can eat carbs with 3-4 meals a day on training days and with 1 meal on non-training days, and have protein and fats with every meal. That is where I am at right now until it is time to increase carbs.

You bring up a good point. I've been thinking about this and I too wondered where I'd get enough energy to do all my workouts. I've noticed even now that I am much weaker during the week. I still train hard, but the number of weight on the bar is much less since I feel really depleted sometimes.

It would have to be as you suggested some carbs at certain times. I was thinking a quick acting carb pre and post workout, and then complex carbs with every other meal.

GJN5002
08-13-09, 11:02 pm

you dont have to worry about staying in keto with AD, you just kind of hover around it.

You bring up a good point. I've been thinking about this and I too wondered where I'd get enough energy to do all my workouts. I've noticed even now that I am much weaker during the week. I still train hard, but the number of weight on the bar is much less since I feel really depleted sometimes.

It would have to be as you suggested some carbs at certain times. I was thinking a quick acting carb pre and post workout, and then complex carbs with every other meal.

My strength stay relatively the same on AD until I really lower the calories. I think the hardest part would be taking in a shit ton of calories in fat and protein. Carbs are easy to down and are cheap.

Bard of Rage
08-15-09, 2:01 pm
What do you guys tend to eat on the weekend for the diet? I'm still toying around with weekends though I get the week days more or less zoned in.

Big1
08-15-09, 3:02 pm
I'm interested in bulking on Ad too. In this moment, I'm in 9th week of cutting on Ad and I'm satisfied. I lost 15 pounds and 9%bf, from 18.9 to 9.4%. Right now, I'm on 2400 cal +- 200kal per day.

well, for bulking is easy, right? :) Just increase calories by 500. But.. Anyone tried bulking on Ad? I'm thinking about increasing protein and fat too. Protein 250-280gr and fat 200-250gr. Limiting cardio to two times per week, 20 min after workout, and 10 min warm up before lifting...
Supps will be Animal pak, storm, omega3 and shock therapy.

Sphinx
08-15-09, 7:11 pm
I'm interested in bulking on Ad too. In this moment, I'm in 9th week of cutting on Ad and I'm satisfied. I lost 15 pounds and 9%bf, from 18.9 to 9.4%. Right now, I'm on 2400 cal +- 200kal per day.

well, for bulking is easy, right? :) Just increase calories by 500. But.. Anyone tried bulking on Ad? I'm thinking about increasing protein and fat too. Protein 250-280gr and fat 200-250gr. Limiting cardio to two times per week, 20 min after workout, and 10 min warm up before lifting...
Supps will be Animal pak, storm, omega3 and shock therapy.

Keep in mind Shock Therapy has 9g of carbs per scoop and your daily limit is 25g. As for bulking, I'm interested in bulking while on the AD as well, keep us posted how it works out for you.

Big1
08-16-09, 1:30 am
Keep in mind Shock Therapy has 9g of carbs per scoop and your daily limit is 25g. As for bulking, I'm interested in bulking while on the AD as well, keep us posted how it works out for you.

I know for carbs.. I'm trying to limit carbs at 30-40 gr per day.
I'll start with bulking in month and half time. And I'll be posting my thoughts, setbacks and ideas.

armyguard
09-27-09, 1:28 pm
ive read the book and have decided to start the anabolic diet while following the p90x workout. In the book it says you should start out by 18x your bodyweight for the first 12 days to make the transition easier, Is this neccasary because that would put me at 3168 kals (176x18). Also after this 12 days ill have my first carb up, should i stay with the 3168 cals or adjust my call limit to my goals (2,000-2,2000 kals) to lose weight. i understand the rules and regulations of the diet and i can see how this would deffinently work. i just need a little help gettin started.

Ps. is absolutely neccasary to have a 2 day carb up every week or could it be every 2 weeks

Thanx bros

GJN5002
09-27-09, 10:24 pm
ive read the book and have decided to start the anabolic diet while following the p90x workout. In the book it says you should start out by 18x your bodyweight for the first 12 days to make the transition easier, Is this neccasary because that would put me at 3168 kals (176x18). Also after this 12 days ill have my first carb up, should i stay with the 3168 cals or adjust my call limit to my goals (2,000-2,2000 kals) to lose weight. i understand the rules and regulations of the diet and i can see how this would deffinently work. i just need a little help gettin started.

Ps. is absolutely neccasary to have a 2 day carb up every week or could it be every 2 weeks

Thanx bros

I usually do 1 carb up day until my bf gets around 10%

I started my cals at 14x bf

ronald1919
09-29-09, 9:51 pm
trying to bulk up, but it seems waayyy too hard to do on the AD. ( keep in mind I have been on the diet for a while now ...at least some months).

I miss the oatmeal, milk and potato. I also miss my torrent :p. Shoud i switch back to mid carb diet ? if so how would I make the switch ?? I wanna give the AD a chance with bulk any advice ?

Ragnar13
09-30-09, 10:47 am
I usually do 1 carb up day until my bf gets around 10%

I started my cals at 14x bf

Thanks gjn5002. Was a little concerned about a 36 hour carb fest when I am between 19-20% right now. I know 12 hours is not enough, but now with your insight I am happy knowing my first carb day will only be for a day. So this Sunday is mine!

GJN5002
09-30-09, 11:23 am
trying to bulk up, but it seems waayyy too hard to do on the AD. ( keep in mind I have been on the diet for a while now ...at least some months).

I miss the oatmeal, milk and potato. I also miss my torrent :p. Shoud i switch back to mid carb diet ? if so how would I make the switch ?? I wanna give the AD a chance with bulk any advice ?

i did the same, I like fruit, milk, potatoes etc and miss eating them. Plus I feel like after awhile I'm missing out of the vitamins/minerals from fruit and other foods.

I switched back to carbs when I went on vacation. Just ate whatever I wanted for like 5 days, mostly 2 smaller meals and 1 huge meal in the evening along with some beers haha. I gained some water weight but not really any fat. Just add some carbs to your meals and scale the fat back gradually. If youre doing 50g protein and 30g fat per meal maybe try 40g protein 40 carbs and 15g fat. see how you feel and how your body responds.

Thanks gjn5002. Was a little concerned about a 36 hour carb fest when I am between 19-20% right now. I know 12 hours is not enough, but now with your insight I am happy knowing my first carb day will only be for a day. So this Sunday is mine!

enjoy it!

Matches
11-04-09, 2:36 pm
I have been on this diet for about half a year or so. Just from reading the past 7 pages, here are some hints for anyone thinking about it or having trouble with it.

- Water, drink a lot of it. More than you think you should. A diet like this will dehydrate you slightly before any type of training. The more you are dehydrated the slower your metabolism will be. If you drink any type of caffeine up this even more.

- When starting this diet, don't really worry about calories. Just focus on eating and going with it. I only counted carbs for my first month. I was taking in double the calories compared to what I was used to when I finally decided to add it up. Was still loosing fat even at double the calories.

- Much like the Westside program, this diet has been bastardized by so many. One of the best things to do would be to actually read the book instead of going by posts everywhere on the net. The Anabolic Solution is good, but I would suggest the Metabolic Diet if you are going to pick one. It covers increasing the carbs better than the Anabolic Solution and even has sample meal plans for 150g of carbs or so.

- Don't be afraid to cut your carb ups short if you think you are eating too much. I usually only carb up from Sat lunch until Sun lunch.

- For Bulking. This part is tricky because everyone will respond differently, but when I started trying it out, I followed the diet exactly but went back to my old workout nutrition. Meaning any supplements before and after lifting were used even if they had carbs. This pushed my carbs up a lot but I handled it well and was able to not lay down too much if any fat. I am still playing around with it to figure out what is best for me, but I have gone up to as much as 200g of carbs all centered around my lifting. Just realize it takes time to personalize.

- Last but not least, I find my energy levels flagging if I don't consume enough fat. Sounds weird, but anyone who has undergone the "shift" or having trouble getting there, look at your total fat content. You might honestly need to add some more fat to the diet.

Big1
11-06-09, 11:58 am
Good info Matches, thanks!

I started two weeks ago with bulking on Ad, I icreased calories..
Right now, I'm eating 500-600grms of pork, beef, or chicken, fish divided in two meal. 3 meals are form protein shakes and one omelet (5 whole eggs, full fat cheese and ham). Plus a shitload of extra virgin oil, 150grms of mozzarela and some full fat cheese as snack.
I'm around 300grams of protein, 150-170 grams of fat and around 50grms of carbs.
Plus, I'm now not counting fibers as carbs, plus, 50grms of glucose in shake is not in my carb intake per day.
So, after two weeks, I'm 4 pounds up, 200pounds, 9,53% bf. Doing cardio two times per week, 30min post workout. Plus 10 min worm up before I hit the weights.
I'm feeling great, no crashes, no sudden ups or dows as on high carb diet, and one thing more to say, I'm not hungry as I was on hi carb diet..
That's my opinion for now..

brickhead
12-09-09, 9:44 pm
Just been wondering, should I avoid chewing Gum with <1g carb or should I go with Tic-Tacs .5G carb per every mint? Or, should I just avoid both completely?

GJN5002
12-10-09, 10:53 pm
Just been wondering, should I avoid chewing Gum with <1g carb or should I go with Tic-Tacs .5G carb per every mint? Or, should I just avoid both completely?

a few pieces of gum will be fine

brickhead
12-11-09, 11:47 am
a few pieces of gum will be fine

Thanks but I just found these mints earlier today at this gas station that is sugarless with 0 carbs. First time I've seen it ever, it's called vitamints. Lol, taste pretty good honestly.

Ardent
12-14-09, 7:32 am
The anabolic diet is great. I was doing the body opus style but i recently read the Anabolic diet and have to say i love it. So easy to follow with such dramatic results. Im finding thats switching over to a fat based metabolism is more of a "liveit" than a diet if you will. Very easy to maintain, cut or bulk. Breakfast today whole eggs, steak, Cheese and a hint of spinache =). I had a chicken breast wrapped in bacon with melted cheese the other day and my friend said " I thought you were eating healthy" I just laughed and thought if you only knew haha.

BionicMasterPiece
12-15-09, 9:17 pm
Hey ive been doing some reading on the anabolic diet, but im wondering on how you guys feel about it? I mean what are negative things that may happen? I really like the idea but i want to know how you guys take on it. I know im going to get some negative responses but hey....we learn by asking right?

thanks

Kryptonite
12-15-09, 9:48 pm
I am going to start by saying I absolutely disagree with the Anobolic Diet:

1. You do not need to be in caloric deficit to lose bodyfat.
2. You do not need to eliminate carbs from your diet to lose bodyfat.
3. You do not need saturated fat and cholesterol to build or maintain muscle mass.

A basic well balanced diet set upon moderation is more than enough to lose bodyfat.

Pizzalamp
12-15-09, 9:50 pm
I am going to start by saying I absolutely disagree with the Anobolic Diet:

1. You do not need to be in caloric deficit to lose bodyfat.
2. You do not need to eliminate carbs from your diet to lose bodyfat.
3. You do not need saturated fat and cholesterol to build or maintain muscle mass.

A basic well balanced diet set upon moderation is more than enough to lose bodyfat.

how did u come up w #3? can u explain why?

Kryptonite
12-15-09, 10:03 pm
how did u come up w #3? can u explain why?

Because I eat a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and still build and maintain muscle mass.

brickhead
12-15-09, 10:12 pm
Hey ive been doing some reading on the anabolic diet, but im wondering on how you guys feel about it? I mean what are negative things that may happen? I really like the idea but i want to know how you guys take on it. I know im going to get some negative responses but hey....we learn by asking right?

thanks

Well bro I'm not that deep in the diet to be giving you any pointers or say anything negative about it honestly. I'm 8 days deep in the starting phase of this diet and from what I gathered by the researching online I have to go 12 days and then have 2 'carb up' days. After these 12 days I switch over to the 5 day below 30g of carbs and 2 day 'carb up' idea. To me, so far so good besides the fact that I think I'm going to get fat with eating all of this fat...Lol. Hopefully Dr. Paqs theory is on point. Regardless I'm going to keep up with this diet for about 8 weeks maybe less and see where it gets me to. One advice I read on this forvm was to drink a lot of water, and I agree with that 100%. Better off waiting for a answer from someone who's done the 8 week Anabolic Diet bro.

LayzieBone085
12-15-09, 10:22 pm
Because I eat a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and still build and maintain muscle mass.

Saturated Fats are fine, you are really picking bones with yourself on this one bro.
Sure Saturated Fats may be low in your diets, but have you ever looked at some Keto Diets that are high in Sat Fats? Some people eat 10-12 Whole Eggs a day and are perfectly fine.

Rage's Diets are based off 6-8 whole eggs in their first meal.. Dietary Cholesterol has no overall effect on TOTAL Cholesterol, the only reason one shys from cholesterol is if there is a bad run of heart disease or high cholesterol levels in the family.

Also being in a caloric defecit does help for getting rid of bodyfat.. Its easier to be in a defecit and lose BF than be in a surplus and lose BF.

Also i disagree with the AD because so many people tolerate carbs very well, they just think that going carbless is easier.. its not.. Carbs are more protein sparing than you think, and diminishing carbs takes out your chances of involving High-Intensity Cardio which may be a dual edge sword to helping you get the body of your dreams.

brickhead
12-15-09, 10:48 pm
Saturated Fats are fine, you are really picking bones with yourself on this one bro.
Sure Saturated Fats may be low in your diets, but have you ever looked at some Keto Diets that are high in Sat Fats? Some people eat 10-12 Whole Eggs a day and are perfectly fine.

Rage's Diets are based off 6-8 whole eggs in their first meal.. Dietary Cholesterol has no overall effect on TOTAL Cholesterol, the only reason one shys from cholesterol is if there is a bad run of heart disease or high cholesterol levels in the family.

Also being in a caloric defecit does help for getting rid of bodyfat.. Its easier to be in a defecit and lose BF than be in a surplus and lose BF.

Also i disagree with the AD because so many people tolerate carbs very well, they just think that going carbless is easier.. its not.. Carbs are more protein sparing than you think, and diminishing carbs takes out your chances of involving High-Intensity Cardio which may be a dual edge sword to helping you get the body of your dreams.

HIIT. There we go, thats a negative that I absolutely forgot about. Today at the gym while on the elliptical machine I wanted to do some HIIT, go well above a 130 BPM like I used to do before, usually hit the upper 170's instead I was doing that low intensity. Sucked but I dealed with it.

GJN5002
12-15-09, 11:00 pm
OP, you cannot take peoples advice who know nothing about a diet. It wasnt two days ago I had to explain the basics of AD to kryptonite but he will be the first to tell you its bad.

You can lose weight with or without carbs but this is a good way to diet in my opinion. Ive run the diet twice with great results. If you want to know more go to the anabolic diet thread and people who have run the diet can discuss it with you.

Dr di pasquale (the creator) is a leading doctor specializing in nutrition, longevity, and steroids. He is on the panel for the olympic drug testing comittee and has many other accolades. He is also a former powerlifter and at age 64 looks better than men half his age.

GJN5002
12-15-09, 11:01 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21611

BionicMasterPiece
12-15-09, 11:54 pm
man thanks so much, still doin some reading on the anabolic diet at the moment heh

Ardent
12-16-09, 12:08 am

thanks

Iv been doing it and I love it. I started out with the body opus diet which is the same premise but made my way to the anabolic diet and I really like it. I am yielding great results in a short time. Dropping BF% and maintaining and gaining leas mass and strength. At this point its mostly peeling off the fat and im leaning out nice. It does work! The book explains it in detail and my opinion brings great clarity to the diet and diets of its kind. More of a "live it" if yo uask me. Its not hard, as Coleman says "aint nuthin to it but to do it".

drag0590
12-16-09, 12:14 am
i am on day 7 of the anabolic diet.....
and i already lost 10 pounds of weight which of course is all water because its the intial weight your going to lose anyways..... i am going to do my carb up on monday...and run this diet for another month...because by that time i will have the body fat percentage i want to have....
but let me tell you this i look and feel AMAZINg....i have never been this lean and tight looking in my life....my strength has remained the same...i have alot of energy ..i dont crave carbs...im always full...and for some reason my skin is starting to looking alot better

another thing i want to argue with u guys about is that you guys are forgetting what bodybuilders of the past built their bodies on? whaaat wassss itt drummm rooolllllll?
WHOLE EGGS, CHEESE, BUTTER, STEAK, MAYONASE....and they looked amazinggggg
look at the arnold encyolpedia of bodybuilding as the foods he mentions..and do your research on the old methods of dieting read up some dan ducahine and some vince gorinda....(which he helped arnold diet and lose body fat) which the diet mainly consisted of the above foods mentioned with very little carbs and lots of veggies(fibrious)....of course everybody is differnt and some people do well on carbs....but the point is...this diet is for some but not for everyone...he has to expierment....i agree a well balanced diet is more healthier and more IDEAL...but at the same time specific diets are set for short term goals...such as losing body fat..or gaining mass...doesnt mean hes going to stay on this forever... it might work for him it might not
it worked well for me so far...but i must admit...after i get what i want out of it...im going to slowley introduce back my carbs at 50 grams a day per week...until it reaches the amount i want it set at...so i wont gain any fat back...and switch to maintence ...
JUST test it dude...

BionicMasterPiece
12-16-09, 1:08 am
OP, you cannot take peoples advice who know nothing about a diet. It wasnt two days ago I had to explain the basics of AD to kryptonite but he will be the first to tell you its bad.

You can lose weight with or without carbs but this is a good way to diet in my opinion. Ive run the diet twice with great results. If you want to know more go to the anabolic diet thread and people who have run the diet can discuss it with you.

Dr di pasquale (the creator) is a leading doctor specializing in nutrition, longevity, and steroids. He is on the panel for the olympic drug testing comittee and has many other accolades. He is also a former powerlifter and at age 64 looks better than men half his age.

yeah dont worry i wont listnen to kryptonite

LayzieBone085
12-16-09, 7:24 am
i am on day 7 of the anabolic diet.....
and i already lost 10 pounds of weight which of course is all water because its the intial weight your going to lose anyways..... i am going to do my carb up on monday...and run this diet for another month...because by that time i will have the body fat percentage i want to have....
but let me tell you this i look and feel AMAZINg....i have never been this lean and tight looking in my life....my strength has remained the same...i have alot of energy ..i dont crave carbs...im always full...and for some reason my skin is starting to looking alot better

another thing i want to argue with u guys about is that you guys are forgetting what bodybuilders of the past built their bodies on? whaaat wassss itt drummm rooolllllll?
WHOLE EGGS, CHEESE, BUTTER, STEAK, MAYONASE....and they looked amazinggggg
look at the arnold encyolpedia of bodybuilding as the foods he mentions..and do your research on the old methods of dieting read up some dan ducahine and some vince gorinda....(which he helped arnold diet and lose body fat) which the diet mainly consisted of the above foods mentioned with very little carbs and lots of veggies(fibrious)....of course everybody is differnt and some people do well on carbs....but the point is...this diet is for some but not for everyone...he has to expierment....i agree a well balanced diet is more healthier and more IDEAL...but at the same time specific diets are set for short term goals...such as losing body fat..or gaining mass...doesnt mean hes going to stay on this forever... it might work for him it might not
it worked well for me so far...but i must admit...after i get what i want out of it...im going to slowley introduce back my carbs at 50 grams a day per week...until it reaches the amount i want it set at...so i wont gain any fat back...and switch to maintence ...
JUST test it dude...

-You can lose just as much bodyfat with a regular diet including carbs
-Carbs are protein sparing, fats are not.
-You should wait 2 weeks to do the carb up (Strong lack of not reading the book)
-Old Methods have been debunked by modern research that shows why utilizing carbs can be more beneficial (depending on insulin/carb sensativity)

Bottom line -- There is more than 1 way to skin the cat, if bodybuilding was so monotone everyone would be guzzling down whole eggs and eating butter now woulndt they?

The body is not a textbook, find and experiment what works best for you and stick with it, thats why debating what diet methods that work best is stupid, the human body is too diverse to understand what works best.

GJN5002
12-16-09, 9:28 am
[QUOTE=LayzieBone085;863845]-You can lose just as much bodyfat with a regular diet including carbs
-Old Methods have been debunked by modern research that shows why utilizing carbs can be more beneficial (depending on insulin/carb sensativity)

Bottom line -- There is more than 1 way to skin the cat, if bodybuilding was so monotone everyone would be guzzling down whole eggs and eating butter now woulndt they?
QUOTE]

Please explain how fats are not protein sparing and the "modern research" that shows carbs are more beneficial. I will gladly explain why I think the these statments are false.

LayzieBone085
12-16-09, 9:52 am
[QUOTE=LayzieBone085;863845]-You can lose just as much bodyfat with a regular diet including carbs

QUOTE]

Please explain how fats are not protein sparing and the "modern research" that shows carbs are more beneficial. I will gladly explain why I think the these statments are false.

How can fats be more protein sparing than carbs when on a low carb diet you cannot utilize glucose from carbs during HIIT cardio which may be an essential thing for some individuals to diet down and get to their level of leanness they desire?

Some people cannot get the body they want running off fats and low intensity cardio, some can, but not EVERYONE can.

Hence why i stated the body is not a textbook and you have to find what works best for you diet/training wise to reach the ideal physique you strive for.

Carbs are not necessary by any means, as Fats and Protein are. But they have their role in the body and they can aid to some individuals who are not insulin sensitive or carbohydrate sensitive

Here is a decent article on protein sparing components and nitrogen balances of Fats/Carbs:

http://chestofbooks.com/health/nutrition/Food-Chemistry/Protein-Sparing-Action-Of-Carbohydrates-And-Fats.html

The taking away of carbs and low carb diets prohibits that higher intensity portion which some individuals respond better to, and to negate carbs from their diets to a form of training that is beneficial may hold them back.

The effect of altering the ratio of carbohydrate to fat in the diet (2/1 vs 1/1) on N retention was studied by McCARGAR et al. (2007) at maintenance and submaintenance energy intake levels in young healthy men. The purpose of the study was to assess the influence of energy balance on N balance when changing the ratio of carbohydrate to fat in the diet. The diets were fed at a level estimated to provide either maintenance or 75% of maintenance energy requirements, respectively. Surprisingly, the diet with a carbohydrate-to-fat ratio of 1/1 increased N retention more than the high-carbohydrate diet, particularly at maintenance energy intake. *****The high-fat diet resulted in lower weight loss at 75% of maintenance energy requirements than the high-carbohydrate diet. The reason for the discrepancy between these results and those of RICHARDSON et al. (2008) has not been explained.***

GJN5002
12-16-09, 11:25 am
Layziebone, I think the disconnect in our discussion is that you shouldnt do HIIT on a low/no carb diet. So if I understand what you are saying, you are right. If you want to do HIIT you need carbs in your diet. If you dont want to use carbs in your diet, steady state cardio is the best option.

LayzieBone085
12-16-09, 12:11 pm
If you want to do HIIT you need carbs in your diet. If you dont want to use carbs in your diet, steady state cardio is the best option.

Correct, carbs are utilized during High Intensity, while during steady state you are burning fat reserves.

Kryptonite
12-16-09, 7:43 pm
yeah dont worry i wont listnen to kryptonite

I was just trying to tell you that you don't have to go on such an extreme diet to lose bodyfat... Unless you're in contest prep, go for a well-balanced diet.

I mean, holy shit, bro. It's fine that you don't want to listen to me, but was that really necessary? You didn't have to say anything at all. But whatever, I was just trying to help you out and give my opinion like you asked for everybody to do.

And by the way, I always knew about the Anobolic Diet and how it works, but I never knew that you were supposed to eat foods high in cholesterol and saturated fat. The second I read more into it, the first thing I said to myself was, "No." and cancelled it out.

BionicMasterPiece
12-16-09, 11:46 pm
I was just trying to tell you that you don't have to go on such an extreme diet to lose bodyfat... Unless you're in contest prep, go for a well-balanced diet.

I mean, holy shit, bro. It's fine that you don't want to listen to me, but was that really necessary? You didn't have to say anything at all. But whatever, I was just trying to help you out and give my opinion like you asked for everybody to do.

And by the way, I always knew about the Anobolic Diet and how it works, but I never knew that you were supposed to eat foods high in cholesterol and saturated fat. The second I read more into it, the first thing I said to myself was, "No." and cancelled it out.

Dont take it offensively bro haha, just messin

GJN5002
12-17-09, 11:52 am

All bullshit aside, read up on cholesterol and saturated fats, they really arent as evil as you think when used properly.

BionicMasterPiece
12-20-09, 7:05 pm
hey peanut butter with the 2g sugar is ok on the anabolic diet? or no?

GJN5002
12-21-09, 1:37 pm

I think you could fit it in but I would use natural peanut butter instead, peanuts and salt are the only ingredients

LayzieBone085
12-21-09, 2:35 pm

I think you could fit it in but I would use natural peanut butter instead, peanuts and salt are the only ingredients

If hes talking about Skippys Natural Peanut Butter.. perfectly fine.

BionicMasterPiece
12-21-09, 2:48 pm

i only got the un naturual one right now

BionicMasterPiece
12-27-09, 10:40 pm
Carb days-----

I should stick to complex carbs right?? What aabout cookies??? its the holidays you know and we just got a batch of em.....would that cause extreme fat gain? or no?

all help appreciated

Sphinx
12-27-09, 11:59 pm
Carb days-----

I should stick to complex carbs right?? What aabout cookies??? its the holidays you know and we just got a batch of em.....would that cause extreme fat gain? or no?

all help appreciated

I personally stuck to complex carbs, but I won't lie, I did have a scoop or two of ice cream on my carb up days sometimes. I don't know how you're body is reacting to the absence of carbs, but I felt like an addict coming off some kinda drug for the first few weeks. I had to be careful on the carb up days because I'd eat anything and everything. And I doubt a few cookies would cause extreme fat gain. And I mean 2 or 3 at the most.

BionicMasterPiece
12-28-09, 2:03 am
I personally stuck to complex carbs, but I won't lie, I did have a scoop or two of ice cream on my carb up days sometimes. I don't know how you're body is reacting to the absence of carbs, but I felt like an addict coming off some kinda drug for the first few weeks. I had to be careful on the carb up days because I'd eat anything and everything. And I doubt a few cookies would cause extreme fat gain. And I mean 2 or 3 at the most.

the cookies im talkin about are HUGE lol....like almost as big as a plate huge....i can easily eat like 3 of those without getting full....

Ardent
12-29-09, 6:51 pm
Carb days-----

all help appreciated

I find on carb up days i can eat anything . .. but in moderation. Balance is the key.

BionicMasterPiece
12-29-09, 7:39 pm
I find on carb up days i can eat anything . .. but in moderation. Balance is the key.

yes sir! i ate loads of cookies yesterday and didnt gain fat....but did cause me to oversleep an extra 4 hours rofl!!

stumblin54
12-29-09, 8:28 pm
yes sir! i ate loads of cookies yesterday and didnt gain fat

Can I ask how you know that you did not gain fat in the span of one day after eating cookies?

Stumblin

BionicMasterPiece
12-29-09, 10:15 pm
Can I ask how you know that you did not gain fat in the span of one day after eating cookies?

Stumblin

are you mad at me lol

stumblin54
01-02-10, 4:06 pm
Not at all, just curious.

Stumblin

Max-Angle
01-14-10, 4:57 pm
I'm wondering how exactly this works and how successful it has been for people? Would this be a smart thing to do instead of a cutting phase? How long do you do it for?

Tifferzzz
01-14-10, 5:47 pm
Link to Anabolic Info: http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

I don't like it from what I see - especially these parts:

How The Anabolic Diet Works. The Anabolic Diet works whatever your gender or age. And like any diet, it works best coupled with strength training. Here’s how your week looks like when you eat the Anabolic Diet way:

Weekdays. Proteins, fats & veggies. Eat fatty red meat, fatty fish, whole eggs, full fat cheese, olive oil, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, …
Weekends. Eat lots of carbs. Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, oats, fruit, … Lower your protein & fat intake.

How to Get Started on The Anabolic Diet. Use FitDay to track your daily caloric and macronutrients intake. Anabolic Diet rules:

Determine Caloric Needs. Rule of thumb is your BW x 18kcal, but the Cunningham Equation is more accurate. Read this post.
12 Days No Carbs. Eat proteins & fats only for 12 days. This forces your body to use fat for energy. After these 12 days, eat carbs for 2 days on. Then alternate 5 days no carbs and 2 days carbs.
No Carbs Days. 40% protein, 60% fat, 25g carbs max. The carbs should come from foods like veggies, eggs, meat, … No oats or rice or milk.
Carbs Days. 15% protein, 25% fat, 60% carbs. So 60% of your calories should come from carbs. These will fill your carb stores.
It takes about 4 weeks to adapt to the Anabolic Diet. Expect stomach issues, moodiness, tiredness, … Don’t give up. All of this will go away if you stick with the Anabolic Diet.

Please re-read the last two sentences once more. Personally I wouldn't do it based on the BS information about Protein on the 'Carb Days.' Only 15% Protein? Buh-bye muscles.

PORTERHOUSE
01-14-10, 7:29 pm
Please re-read the last two sentences once more. Personally I wouldn't do it based on the BS information about Protein on the 'Carb Days.' Only 15% Protein? Buh-bye muscles.

No. The whole point of the carb up is to maintain muscle mass.

I ran the AD using only one carb up day and had great results. This topic causes a shit storm on this forum every time it comes up so if I would you research if for yourself instead of relying solely on information from here.

Its definitely a different approach to weight loss but there are plenty of people who have seen success with it, including myself.

If you have any questions pm me.

Kryptonite
01-14-10, 8:10 pm
I'm wondering how exactly this works and how successful it has been for people? Would this be a smart thing to do instead of a cutting phase? How long do you do it for?

Just eat in moderation. You're 16 and there's no need to go on the Anobolic diet and raise your testosterone levels to maintain muscle mass. They're already very high. Stick to the basics. Protein, (leafy green) vegetables, (complex) carbs, and (monounsaturated) fat. You may get better results in doing so.

msktyshha
01-14-10, 11:40 pm
krypto is right, just keep it simple. carbs fats proteins each meal and plenty of water in between meals.

PORTERHOUSE
01-15-10, 12:27 am
they're right. I didn't realize you are 16. At your age you should be working on building a strong, balanced diet, which will help lay the foundation for you when your older. Save the fancy diets for later.

desolation
01-15-10, 4:52 am
No. The whole point of the carb up is to maintain muscle mass.

I ran the AD using only one carb up day and had great results. This topic causes a shit storm on this forum every time it comes up so if I would you research if for yourself instead of relying solely on information from here.

Its definitely a different approach to weight loss but there are plenty of people who have seen success with it, including myself.

If you have any questions pm me.

haha i know what ya mean
i had a little argument about carbs not being as bad as alot of people portrayed them and almost got eaten alive - tis a very touchy subject round theses parts

honestly like everyone said dont mess with all the little gadget diets, they might be something to look into when you hit plataeus until then basics are key

peace

GJN5002
01-15-10, 11:25 am
que mencacing music.........enters the dark one who hates all things carbs

just kidding, anyway, I agree with most of you. Youre 16 just eat right. I looked at your website link and you look to be about 150lbs (not being a dick at all you just look like a young skinny guy). Youre best bet is to eat now and utilize all those hormones you have. Wait until youve packed on some mass to worry about cutting weight. When the time comes, yes the anabolic diet works, just as any ither diet works when followed correctly.

To tifferzzz, the point of lowering the protein on carb day is because you dont need as much because all the carbs are protein sparring. On any carb cycle, you reduce your protein on your high day and and increase it on your low days, pretty simple.

GJN5002
01-15-10, 11:28 am
haha i know what ya mean
i had a little argument about carbs not being as bad as alot of people portrayed them and almost got eaten alive - tis a very touchy subject round theses parts

honestly like everyone said dont mess with all the little gadget diets, they might be something to look into when you hit plataeus until then basics are key

peace

I dont think anyone will argue carbs are down right bad, they just need to be utilized correctly. And again, its not a "gadget diet" whatever that may mean. Its simply manipulating your macro-nutrients. Its not a grape fruit diet or vinegar cleanse which is the comparison I think you are trying to make.

mritter3
01-15-10, 11:29 am
might sound like a broken record...but that diet is not for you bro...eat up, and eat everything in sight, you want to get big...there is no secret formula or diet for that...its called eating well, training hard and heavy, getting enough rest, and eating some more...do that and you will see results...just be consistant.

Aggression
01-15-10, 11:35 am
I've known people who ran this diet with solid results. But the old sayin goes, ''what works for someone may not work for another''.

Max, no need to worry about special diets right now brother. At 16, just pound quality foods and train hard. After a few years in the game, then you can start to look into different diets. Get a solid base started right now.

live2lift
01-15-10, 11:54 am
Gotta love how people hate carbs...kills me everytime.

Tifferzzz
01-15-10, 1:30 pm
To tifferzzz, the point of lowering the protein on carb day is because you dont need as much because all the carbs are protein sparring. On any carb cycle, you reduce your protein on your high day and and increase it on your low days, pretty simple.

Meh. I never cycle my protein. 1.5 x bw (minimum of 1 g protein on all days.) But I find that when I cycle carbs and keep my protein stable, it helps to lean me out. But to each his own.

''what works for someone may not work for another''.
Agreed. One thing that I've been reading/researching is the metabolic typing. Some bodies handle protein better than carbs, some are equal, and some can't handle a lot of protein -e veryone's different, just try different things until you find something that you like.

PORTERHOUSE
01-15-10, 1:45 pm
Gotta love how people hate carbs...kills me everytime.

did you bother reading anything that was said in here?

Max-Angle
01-15-10, 3:09 pm
que mencacing music.........enters the dark one who hates all things carbs

just kidding, anyway, I agree with most of you. Youre 16 just eat right. I looked at your website link and you look to be about 150lbs (not being a dick at all you just look like a young skinny guy). Youre best bet is to eat now and utilize all those hormones you have. Wait until youve packed on some mass to worry about cutting weight. When the time comes, yes the anabolic diet works, just as any ither diet works when followed correctly.

my max-angle website, is that the picture you looked at?

GJN5002
01-15-10, 3:48 pm
my max-angle website, is that the picture you looked at?

yes, even if that isnt you or is really old, my statement still stands, at 16 you should be eating lots of good food.

desolation
01-15-10, 4:08 pm
I dont think anyone will argue carbs are down right bad, they just need to be utilized correctly. And again, its not a "gadget diet" whatever that may mean. Its simply manipulating your macro-nutrients. Its not a grape fruit diet or vinegar cleanse which is the comparison I think you are trying to make.

well lets just say there are people who are not fond of carbs :). as far as me calling it a gadget diet to me it seems slightly so because you have to keep changing shit in it from day to day (maybe not the best choice of words on my part), i didnt say there was anything wrong with and NO i am not comparing them to the "trendy hollywood" type diets.

the majority of the threads in this forum encourage sticking to basics and not overthinking shit, these unique diets are best left for plateaus when basics no longer provide results - but thats just my opinion feel free to disagree

peace

ronald1919
01-15-10, 4:26 pm
anabolic diet is very adjustable. You can still be doing it even by taking up to 150g of carbs a day depending on your carb tolerance. Also, you subtract your fibre from your carb count so the diet allows you to eat plenty of healthy vegetables. Add in a couple of fruits +nuts and you have a very healthy diet. Carb up from half a day to 1.5 day depending on your need. Personally when I carb up I feel like shit, but the day after I am freakin pumped, really great energy with this diet.

I did run the strict version of this diet for 6 month,then decided to start adding carbs before/after workouts and fruits. Felt much better. Again you can customised the diet for optimal results. The diet is actually pretty simple imo and allows you to "peak" at least once a week (for me it was wednesday when i looked teh best).

I would advise you read the Doc's book(s) before you start.

GJN5002
01-15-10, 4:56 pm
well lets just say there are people who are not fond of carbs :). as far as me calling it a gadget diet to me it seems slightly so because you have to keep changing shit in it from day to day (maybe not the best choice of words on my part), i didnt say there was anything wrong with and NO i am not comparing them to the "trendy hollywood" type diets.

the majority of the threads in this forum encourage sticking to basics and not overthinking shit, these unique diets are best left for plateaus when basics no longer provide results - but thats just my opinion feel free to disagree

peace

I got ya. Just a misunderstanding on the fad diet thing then. I agree, most people need to keep it simple because they dont even have the basics down, but many people like to take it too far and completely denounce any diet without carbs.

V Man
01-15-10, 5:56 pm
I got ya. Just a misunderstanding on the fad diet thing then. I agree, most people need to keep it simple because they dont even have the basics down, but many people like to take it too far and completely denounce any diet without carbs.

I denounce an anabolic diet without carbs!

If I reduce my carb intake, even slightly, bye bye body mass

GJN5002
01-15-10, 6:46 pm

you are doing something wrong

desolation
01-15-10, 7:13 pm

WOW havent seen many post like this before
i salute your statment bro - not many brave such things on this forum

peace

V Man
01-15-10, 8:00 pm
WOW havent seen many post like this before
i salute your statment bro - not many brave such things on this forum

peace

Im probably the exception, not the rule, but thats what seems to happen with me

BionicMasterPiece
01-16-10, 2:11 pm
Im probably the exception, not the rule, but thats what seems to happen with me

you werent taking in as much fats as you needed then....shit I actually gained raw muscle size and strength on the diet, but you know everyone is different

Appollonian
01-16-10, 2:31 pm
Everyone is truely different; no need to bash the high carb or low carb people. I too lose strength and intensity fast when I drop my carbs, even when consuming 30%+ of my calories from fat. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe, but I know what works for me and I stick by it.

Kryptonite
01-16-10, 2:45 pm
Everyone is truely different; no need to bash the high carb or low carb people. I too lose strength and intensity fast when I drop my carbs, even when consuming 30%+ of my calories from fat. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe, but I know what works for me and I stick by it.

Me too, bro.

DK
02-12-10, 12:07 pm
I want to make this thread an active haven for everyone's Anabolic Diet questions, answers, and discussions.

To start that out, I'm gonna ask a question:

My Carb up days (two of them) are on Saturday and Sunday. I stick to the high carb, no fat, moderate (to moderate-heavy) protein intake on these days. I also work back on friday. My question is by ingesting carbs and less protein on my carb up days after I work back, am i slowing growth in my back or just going insane?

On Letting Go
02-12-10, 3:14 pm
Search for the Anabolic Diet thread. I think its in the 'Method to the Madness' section.

PORTERHOUSE
02-12-10, 3:36 pm
If your using the AD i would assume you're trying to loose weight. You're not going to see new growth when dieting down. The AD is all about burning fat and maintaining muscle mass.

Ardent
02-13-10, 9:49 am
If your using the AD i would assume you're trying to loose weight. You're not going to see new growth when dieting down. The AD is all about burning fat and maintaining muscle mass.

You can bulk on it, its really all relative to your caloric intake. I would agree that its amazing at burning fat while maintaining lean mass but on the other end of the spectrum you can gain lean mass without laying on to much fat as with traditional bulking diets.

PORTERHOUSE
02-13-10, 12:08 pm
You can bulk on it, its really all relative to your caloric intake. I would agree that its amazing at burning fat while maintaining lean mass but on the other end of the spectrum you can gain lean mass without laying on to much fat as with traditional bulking diets.

Yea i've definitely heard of people bulking with the AD and have seen diet outlines for it. I've never tried it and I doubt I ever will. I like carbs too much for gaining. I've never actually talked to anyone who has tried to gain weight with it, so I don't know. I personally see it as a way to loose weight, not gain.

DK
02-13-10, 9:26 pm
Hey ive got a question for yall.

My carb up days are saturday and sunday. I work back on friday. Does anyone think that since i start my carb up days after my back day that I am preventing optimum growth in my back? Maybe i'm crazy but I thought i'd ask

Ardent
02-14-10, 11:46 am
Hey ive got a question for yall.

My carb up days are saturday and sunday. I work back on friday. Does anyone think that since i start my carb up days after my back day that I am preventing optimum growth in my back? Maybe i'm crazy but I thought i'd ask

Thats perfect that way come carb up day your back is drained and is like a sponge. it sucks up al the glycogen and aminos it can find. The idea is mon-fri your almost in a catabolic state and your carb up causes a huge anabolic shift in your body. in doing so all the muscles that have been drained are now like sponges and the huge carb up/ insulin spike pushes copious amounts of muscle building nutrients into your muscles. then come monday your glycogen stores are full and your ready to tear down those muscles again just to rebuild stronger come the weekend.

PORTERHOUSE
02-14-10, 1:18 pm
Thats perfect that way come carb up day your back is drained and is like a sponge. it sucks up al the glycogen and aminos it can find. The idea is mon-fri your almost in a catabolic state and your carb up causes a huge anabolic shift in your body. in doing so all the muscles that have been drained are now like sponges and the huge carb up/ insulin spike pushes copious amounts of muscle building nutrients into your muscles. then come monday your glycogen stores are full and your ready to tear down those muscles again just to rebuild stronger come the weekend.

exactly.

Iron 3
02-17-10, 12:22 am
Hey,
As you may know Lent is tomorrow and anyone who follows Lent can't eat meat, which really sucks for us on the AD haha. Not having meat on Fridays nor carbs because of the AD basically means there's nothing I can eat haha.

Anyway, to make things better I'm thinking about switching my carb days from Sat and Sun to either Wed and Fri or Fri and Sat. That way on the days I can't eat meat I can have the carbs.

Would it be better to do the carb days together (fri and sat) or should I separate them (Wed and Fri)? I'm pretty sure I'm going to separate them because most of the days that meat isn't allowed are on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Thoughts?
How are the rest of you adapting to Lent while on the AD?

Thanks for any input!

GJN5002
02-17-10, 12:03 pm
Hey,
As you may know Lent is tomorrow and anyone who follows Lent can't eat meat, which really sucks for us on the AD haha. Not having meat on Fridays nor carbs because of the AD basically means there's nothing I can eat haha.

Anyway, to make things better I'm thinking about switching my carb days from Sat and Sun to either Wed and Fri or Fri and Sat. That way on the days I can't eat meat I can have the carbs.

Would it be better to do the carb days together (fri and sat) or should I separate them (Wed and Fri)? I'm pretty sure I'm going to separate them because most of the days that meat isn't allowed are on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Thoughts?
How are the rest of you adapting to Lent while on the AD?

Thanks for any input!

do them together, not seperate. SO friday and Saturday. Cant you eat fish on Fridays? What about eggs? You could eat 2 meals of eggs, 2 meals of fish, and 2 protein shakes. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not catholic.

Iron 3
02-17-10, 6:41 pm
Fish and eggs are ok. I don't have money for protein haha.

I'm kinda disappointed though - I was looking forward to being able to carb up on ME bench days AND DE squat days (yes I powerlift). I was thinking it might have been a helpful way to start getting strong again. Dieting off 40 lbs and an involuntary break from lifting for a while turned me weak(er) heheh.

Right now I plan on losing 5 more lbs to get into the 198 class, and then maybe start bulking. Maybe instead of doing a low carb diet I'll do a medium carb diet with only two low days hahaha.

Anyway, it's been a while since I read the AD book, but I don't remember anything either for or against switching the carb days around or anything, but if it can't be done it can't be done :-( haha.

Thanks!

Ardent
02-17-10, 6:53 pm
Whey protein and olive oil! Ah yummy!

GJN5002
02-17-10, 9:38 pm
Fish and eggs are ok. I don't have money for protein haha.

I'm kinda disappointed though - I was looking forward to being able to carb up on ME bench days AND DE squat days (yes I powerlift). I was thinking it might have been a helpful way to start getting strong again. Dieting off 40 lbs and an involuntary break from lifting for a while turned me weak(er) heheh.

Right now I plan on losing 5 more lbs to get into the 198 class, and then maybe start bulking. Maybe instead of doing a low carb diet I'll do a medium carb diet with only two low days hahaha.

Anyway, it's been a while since I read the AD book, but I don't remember anything either for or against switching the carb days around or anything, but if it can't be done it can't be done :-( haha.

Thanks!

there is the anabolic solution for powerlifters, get the ebook and check it out. I havent read it yet, but it might be helpful.

I found this http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-hacking-midweek-24-hour-carb-loading/ about midweek carb loading.

DK
02-18-10, 11:41 pm
Alright boys Ive got another question and I hope yall have another answer:

I usually eat my cheat meal on friday, and of course, this consists of more carbs than im allowed during the week and then in saturday and sunday i carb up. Do yall think i should wait and have a cheat meal on one of my carb up days or am I ok cheating on Friday instead? Moreover, which do yall think will provide the best metabolic reaction that i'm looking for? Cheat on Friday or cheat on carb day?

GJN5002
02-19-10, 10:54 am
Alright boys Ive got another question and I hope yall have another answer:

I usually eat my cheat meal on friday, and of course, this consists of more carbs than im allowed during the week and then in saturday and sunday i carb up. Do yall think i should wait and have a cheat meal on one of my carb up days or am I ok cheating on Friday instead? Moreover, which do yall think will provide the best metabolic reaction that i'm looking for? Cheat on Friday or cheat on carb day?

so you are doing a cheat meal friday then a 2 day carb up? Unless that is somehow working, dont do it. You shouldnt really be having an all out cheat meal, you can kind of incorporate foods into your carb up days that you want for a cheat. For instance I might have pancakes and syrup with breakfast, maybe some pizza later, etc etc. Until your bodyfat is lower (10% or lower) you should prob only be doing one carb up day anyway, not two.

Ardent
02-19-10, 4:50 pm
so you are doing a cheat meal friday then a 2 day carb up? Unless that is somehow working, dont do it. You shouldnt really be having an all out cheat meal, you can kind of incorporate foods into your carb up days that you want for a cheat. For instance I might have pancakes and syrup with breakfast, maybe some pizza later, etc etc. Until your bodyfat is lower (10% or lower) you should prob only be doing one carb up day anyway, not two.

Yeah. . .i mgonna start doing the 1 day. gotta get to %10. doesn't seem like much but t %14 i gotta lose 11 pounds! at 206 i think thats about right?

OPSNORM
02-22-10, 7:02 pm
the actual amopunt of pro carb and fat for non carb and carb days. i am interested but i wanna be ab le to figure out my numbers. anyone have these?

GJN5002
02-23-10, 11:07 am
Yeah. . .i mgonna start doing the 1 day. gotta get to %10. doesn't seem like much but t %14 i gotta lose 11 pounds! at 206 i think thats about right?

yea, go with the one carb up day and I bet that will make a big difference.

GJN5002
02-23-10, 11:09 am
the actual amopunt of pro carb and fat for non carb and carb days. i am interested but i wanna be ab le to figure out my numbers. anyone have these?

regular no/low carb days 60% fat, 40% protein keep carbs under 30g
carb up day 25-45% fat, 15-30% protein, 35-55% carbs

as far as actual calories, you should keep them about the same as you are eating now for the first two weeks then decrease by about 500 and when your weight loss slows decrease more. so if you are eating 3000 cals right now start there.

GJN5002
02-23-10, 11:11 am
In case anyone is interested, tenatively starting end of march beginning of april, I'm getting back on AD and I'm going to start a journey to log what I eat every day, how I train, what I do for cardio. I will post before and after pics etc.

OPSNORM
02-23-10, 2:45 pm
I see a lot of people eat whatever for high pro/fat days... why not take some chicken or fish and and some healthy fats to it instead of the crappy fats? someone even said just scrape the top of a meatlovers pizza off as a meal??? I think you could do it but do it clean. the same on the carbs day. i just figured good fuel in great results out. is there more to the picture that I am missing? i heard its rough the first days but wrapping a whole chicken in bacon is something i thought i would see on this is what makes you fat.com, sounds great but man that's gonna kill you. curious i add physillium husk fiber to all my meals. it swells up pretty good and helps me feel fuller. its a carb but its just straight up fiber? can i still use this on my low/no carb day? i love the stuff, plus it keeps the pipes clean

GJN5002
02-24-10, 11:43 am
I see a lot of people eat whatever for high pro/fat days... why not take some chicken or fish and and some healthy fats to it instead of the crappy fats? someone even said just scrape the top of a meatlovers pizza off as a meal??? I think you could do it but do it clean. the same on the carbs day. i just figured good fuel in great results out. is there more to the picture that I am missing? i heard its rough the first days but wrapping a whole chicken in bacon is something i thought i would see on this is what makes you fat.com, sounds great but man that's gonna kill you. curious i add physillium husk fiber to all my meals. it swells up pretty good and helps me feel fuller. its a carb but its just straight up fiber? can i still use this on my low/no carb day? i love the stuff, plus it keeps the pipes clean

I agree with most of that. I tend to eat pretty clean on AD. I usually do chicken, olive oil or almonds, and lettuce or veggies for most meals, also eat alot of eggs with some cheese, turkey sausage, turkey bacon etc etc. I think the purpose of the "junk" is to get enough saturated fat, for that I just eat a lot of organic beef. I do eat some crappier stuff, but I just feel healthier when I eat good food.

I take psy husk in my a.m and p.m shake as well. I read that if everyone used a fiber supp twice a day the incidents of colon cancer would dramatically reduce.

OPSNORM
02-24-10, 12:38 pm
I agree with most of that. I tend to eat pretty clean on AD. I usually do chicken, olive oil or almonds, and lettuce or veggies for most meals, also eat alot of eggs with some cheese, turkey sausage, turkey bacon etc etc. I think the purpose of the "junk" is to get enough saturated fat, for that I just eat a lot of organic beef. I do eat some crappier stuff, but I just feel healthier when I eat good food.

I take psy husk in my a.m and p.m shake as well. I read that if everyone used a fiber supp twice a day the incidents of colon cancer would dramatically reduce.

That affected my family thats why I get my fair share plus it does a good job of making feel full

dominate77
02-25-10, 3:02 am
plus, theres nothing like taking a huge shit first thing in the morning! phsyillium fiber is amazing, and i love how cheap it is too

PORTERHOUSE
03-01-10, 8:09 pm
I eat pretty clean on the AD.

Eggs, Chicken, fat free turkey, turkey sausage and whey are my protein sources.

fats include evoo, cheese, occasionally some pb, mayo, even ranch. Mayo and ranch are both full of healthy fats, i don't think a lot of people don't realize that.

I also have a fiber powder that I use throughout the day.

Happyfeet
03-22-10, 1:47 am
hey animals,

firstly, f*kin amazin site, already learned so much from yer's. Dont know why i ever went with another brands supps in the past!

Ive been following the anabolic diet for a few weeks now (CUTTING - also on animal cuts), just tweaking things to see if i need 1, 1.5 or 2days of carb up. I eat very clean, and carb ups consist of wholemeal bread, oats, and carb-rich veggies. Found 1-1.5days to be plenty to fuel me up for a big week of cardio (5-6hrs)& weights (3xheavy sessions).

What happened last week though surprised me - I went from 18.9% BF, to 17.6%, whilst increasing in weight from 81kg's to 82kgs (178lbs - 180lbs). I felt amazing, leaner, tighter and stronger, but I was just wondering if maybe my measurements were out??????

Anyone else have similar experiences???

auburn_1984
06-10-10, 2:51 pm
Are these the books that pertain to the anabolic diet?

Powerlifter Anabolic Diet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0967989620?ie=UTF8&tag=stronglcom-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0967989620

Body Builder Anabolic Diet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0967989612?ie=UTF8&tag=stronglcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0967989612

What is the big difference between the two books? Also how did everyone determine there calorie needs for this type of diet i.e. maintenance calorie needs?

Matches
07-08-10, 6:01 am
Auburn, both of those are the books that pertain to the anabolic diet as is the Metabolic Diet which is available from his personal website. As for the difference between them, I have no idea, but I read on another site that the two were very similar.

The starting point for calories is just a simple math equation that is given in each book. The formula gives you a good starting point to ride out the first few weeks.

LatinFury
07-09-10, 11:22 am
sup fellas!

I have been on AD for aproximately 4 months, going from 267LBS 19.6%BF down to 256LBS 14.1%BF.

I have plataued on the scale for the last month which can very well be more mass.. nevertheless I feel as thought 12% of that 14.1%BF is in my F@#KIN midsection, and to be honest I only do 10-15min cardio each day i train (6x week). To make matters worse I have not worked on abs at all.

So I need input... should I...
1. Stick with AD and increase cardio to 30-40min a day?

OR

2. Is it time to get off of AD and go with a clean diet (50% P / 35% CRBS / 15% FAT) increasing cardio ofcourse?

Im dead afraid of getting offf AD .. LOL... S.O.S... need input plssssss.

Current sups:
ANIMAL PAK
ANIMAL TEST
ANIMAL CUTS
ANIMAL OMEGA
ANIMAL NITRO
ANIMAL FLEX
GASPARI SUPERPUMP
GASPARI MYOFUSION

Thanks brothers!

Sphinx
07-10-10, 8:39 pm
sup fellas!

I have been on AD for aproximately 4 months, going from 267LBS 19.6%BF down to 256LBS 14.1%BF.

I have plataued on the scale for the last month which can very well be more mass.. nevertheless I feel as thought 12% of that 14.1%BF is in my F@#KIN midsection, and to be honest I only do 10-15min cardio each day i train (6x week). To make matters worse I have not worked on abs at all.

So I need input... should I...
1. Stick with AD and increase cardio to 30-40min a day?

OR

2. Is it time to get off of AD and go with a clean diet (50% P / 35% CRBS / 15% FAT) increasing cardio ofcourse?

Im dead afraid of getting offf AD .. LOL... S.O.S... need input plssssss.

Current sups:
ANIMAL PAK
ANIMAL TEST
ANIMAL CUTS
ANIMAL OMEGA
ANIMAL NITRO
ANIMAL FLEX
GASPARI SUPERPUMP
GASPARI MYOFUSION

Thanks brothers!

First off, welcome to the Forvm.

I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is for AD in terms of how long to be on it, but I think 4 months is enough. I'd take some weeks off AD, clean up the diet and definitely up the cardio to at least a half hour and see how you feel then.

And just a friendly reminder, please refrain from mentioning other brands asides from Animal, Universal, and SportPharma.

LatinFury
07-11-10, 12:19 am
First off, welcome to the Forvm.

I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is for AD in terms of how long to be on it, but I think 4 months is enough. I'd take some weeks off AD, clean up the diet and definitely up the cardio to at least a half hour and see how you feel then.

And just a friendly reminder, please refrain from mentioning other brands asides from Animal, Universal, and SportPharma.

Thanks Sphinx!!

F*&K! i was not thinking about the brand stuff.. good point.. my bad.

But I think your right, its time to clean it up. I feel like i was taught how to ride the AD bike but was not told how to stop LOL... but cool.. thks bro!

Sphinx
07-11-10, 6:32 pm
Thanks Sphinx!!

F*&K! i was not thinking about the brand stuff.. good point.. my bad.

But I think your right, its time to clean it up. I feel like i was taught how to ride the AD bike but was not told how to stop LOL... but cool.. thks bro!

No problem, anytime.

I had fun on AD, although I didn't do it as long as you did. I did it for 2 months and stopped just before school. I found the lack of carbs had an effect on my thinking, I would miss details and forget simple things that I normally wouldn't. I figured I didn't need that happening while studying.