PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Whey Pro

DASO
10-30-08, 2:41 pm
Hey guys,

I bought my second tub of Ultra Whey Pro and compared to the first it was a lot thinner. I mean I could literally shake it in a shaker with milk and get no clumps meanwhile my last batch would take some work to get it smooth. So my question is, is there anything wrong with this batch or the last? Or was the last batch older and the new batch was a improved formula?

Factory
10-30-08, 2:43 pm
It's probably just the way the powder settles during shipping. I've noticed the same thing, when the company hasn't changed anything at all.

Aggression
10-30-08, 4:38 pm
You should be fine. If you react in a negative way, just let them know.

Dingo
10-30-08, 5:45 pm
I've noticed a difference in the powder as well. I just got my new tub a couple days ago, and aside from the lid being different (has a bucket handle attached to it) the powder seems better in my opinion. It rolls around in the tub like beach sand granules. my previous tubs, as far back as i can remember, the powder acted for like talc/baby powder where even dry it didn't flow around. It makes me think they got a deal on a better supplier or a better manufacturing process. Not sure what but the visual difference in packaging and the powder there.

Dingo
10-31-08, 9:49 am
bump
Urep, thoughts? Just a curiosity of mine.

simpleguy
10-31-08, 10:30 am
I'm a huge fan of UWP, being on a budget... tried all flavors, but after having tried them I only stick to chocolate and vanilla, I didn't really dig their strawberry flavour

so the thing is, I've gone through several tubs of each, and I can def say the chocolate one always mixes easier, and takes much less time to settle after shaking...

sanga
10-31-08, 10:43 am
Most powdered products have some settlement during shipping and storage, Torrent and Storm are two that are very prone to it, I shake the container before opening, let it settle for a minute before opening as it creates a little dust.

Shaking the contents in this way ensures no lumps and that everyting is mixed up again.

Dingo
10-31-08, 10:57 am
Most powdered products have some settlement during shipping and storage, Torrent and Storm are two that are very prone to it, I shake the container before opening, let it settle for a minute before opening as it creates a little dust.

Shaking the contents in this way ensures no lumps and that everyting is mixed up again.

its not that, i wish i had my old tub so i could snap a pic, the powders look alot different. It would be like you were looking at 2 separate products. Im not complaining im just curious. like i said the old batch very powder like the new batch more granule, almost as visible as comparing powdered sugar to cane sugar... best example i can give.

sanga
10-31-08, 11:16 am
Maybe due to manufacturer then, seived through a smaller grain seive? Who knows, does it taste the same?

DASO
10-31-08, 11:50 am
I've noticed a difference in the powder as well. I just got my new tub a couple days ago, and aside from the lid being different (has a bucket handle attached to it) the powder seems better in my opinion. It rolls around in the tub like beach sand granules. my previous tubs, as far back as i can remember, the powder acted for like talc/baby powder where even dry it didn't flow around. It makes me think they got a deal on a better supplier or a better manufacturing process. Not sure what but the visual difference in packaging and the powder there.

exactly the same here. The handle was diff on mine as well and your right also its not about the way it settles it just seems like a diff texture.

DASO
10-31-08, 11:51 am
Maybe due to manufacturer then, seived through a smaller grain seive? Who knows, does it taste the same?

yes it does taste the same. I am not complaining just curious as to why they are such diff textures.

Dingo
10-31-08, 3:36 pm

exactly the same here. The handle was diff on mine as well and your right also its not about the way it settles it just seems like a diff texture.

yeah, no taste difference, just a very visual difference in the powder

sanga
10-31-08, 4:27 pm
Its just in the manufacturing then mate, the quality control that Universal Nutrition demand is top notch and can not be faulted IMO and experience.

U-REP will add his comments here I`m sure soon enough.

Aggression
10-31-08, 4:35 pm
That's just due to the changes in temperature that the protein went through during shipping. It's perfectly fine. The consistency changes if it goes from warm temps to cold temps. Nothing to worry about.

J-Dawg
11-03-08, 8:38 am
Hey guys,

I bought my second tub of Ultra Whey Pro and compared to the first it was a lot thinner. I mean I could literally shake it in a shaker with milk and get no clumps meanwhile my last batch would take some work to get it smooth. So my question is, is there anything wrong with this batch or the last? Or was the last batch older and the new batch was a improved formula?

Nothing wrong at all DASO. We had received some complaints in the past for Ultra Whey Pro's texture and mixability. People always loved the flavors but didn't like the foaming and clumping from the powder. R&D made a few tweaks to improve mixability and clumping a few months back, so all clumping and foaming should be gone now.

DASO
11-03-08, 1:41 pm
Nothing wrong at all DASO. We had received some complaints in the past for Ultra Whey Pro's texture and mixability. People always loved the flavors but didn't like the foaming and clumping from the powder. R&D made a few tweaks to improve mixability and clumping a few months back, so all clumping and foaming should be gone now.

awesome thanks for the info. Yeah the new texture is great and mixes easy as hell, love it.