PDA

View Full Version : not what i wanted....

bigmex
10-30-08, 7:31 pm
how's it going guys....i've been on a mission lately on my physique...i'm a texas state trooper and i have been lifting and throughout my time i have done alot of trial and error...im 6' 3", 275 lbs, 25% bf....i started to lift heavy these past 3 weeks and i am currently taking whey protein, animal cuts, animal flex, and storm...after i lifted i was doing cardio for no more than 20 mins...man did i feel strong but i think the storm countered the effects of the cuts because i saw no visible definition, just thickness.....the problem was that i started to gain weight and i felt the difference from my thighs on up and my uniform was starting to feel "tight"....it wasn't a good feeling since i thought i was doing the right things...i'm eating right so i had to suspend my current routine and just started doing nothing but cardio @ the gym...i need some info/advice and i have done alot of research but nothing convinces me....i'm just looking to lean out because my career/job depends on my physique and fitness....for those of you who are fellow officers, you all know what i'm talking about...sorry for rambling but it's been frustrating....thanks

bovat
10-30-08, 7:56 pm
if your trying to cut down, dont drop the lifting. For sups, i wouldnt worry about taking storm either. what i would do

pak
nitro
flex
cuts
whey isolate

Cstlfx
10-30-08, 7:59 pm
Well, the storm will only affect the subcutaneous water. That water doesnt really begin to show anything until you're way down in the low end of bf%. Whats your bf% and weight at the end of the 3 weeks?

Not much can happen in three weeks, even with the cuts. Also, whats your heart rate during cardio? Most guys like to keep their heart rate 120-130 bpm so they stay in the fat burning mode of things and not actual cardio vascular conditioning.

However, in my opinion, you should focus on strength and endurance. You say that you want to lean out for your job, but if you're strong and can run/sprint for a good amount of time, then not being lean wouldnt be so bad. So, if you keep the cardio up and keep the strength training, I think the leanness will come in due time.

Elite
10-30-08, 8:00 pm
Post up your daily diet.

Feel The Power
10-30-08, 8:52 pm
I've found my body responds better if I diet for 3 weeks or so first and then start taking animal cuts. I also would reccomend pak and nitro, flex too if you have the extra money to spend. As in the last post.. prob need to see your diet to tell if something else is holding you up from loosing more weight.

zanderfever
10-30-08, 9:46 pm
Post up your daily diet.

x2. We can't help as much as we'd like if we dont have the diet and the training. What do you eat, how much, and at what time do you eat? Whats your split? How much water do you drink?

bigmex
10-30-08, 10:10 pm
well, i eat 5-6 times a day...
i start out w/scrambled eggs for bfast w/whole wheat tortilla
or potatoes on the skillet

protein shake in the midday

turkey sandwich on whole wheat w/lettuce, tomatoes and light mustard w/mayo

another protein shake before dinner

vegetables (broccolli, mixed vegetables, corn) w/a piece of chicken breast or steak

before bed another protein shake, depending on how i'm feeling

my current weight:
275lbs, 25% bf

i was doing a routine called Optimized Volume training....basically a 5x5 method

i was 3 weeks into this routine and i could feel the effects as far as strength with this, but i decided to stop due to gaining weight...like i said i need something for endurance and conditioning then i'll go ahead and add the weight later...i guess i did everything backwards...i would appreciate some samples of a routine for endurance and definition...if someone can PM me i would appreciate it...thanks again fellas

bigmex
10-30-08, 10:28 pm
do i have to necessarily have to lift lower weight/high reps for endurance and definition or can i still lift heavy and continue w/this same program and see the definition w/the "cuts"? thanks again...

bigmex
10-30-08, 11:06 pm
if i were to stack whey/cuts/flex/ w/stak or test would that help?

zanderfever
10-30-08, 11:14 pm
Ok, well one thing right away that is notable is the protein shakes. I would suggest that you switch the protein shakes to full meals. Also, how much of everything are you eating? Please be precise. Fat loss like you want while holding muscle is something that needs to have the same food and amount of food at the same time everyday. Be sure your eating every 3 hours and drinking lots of water. So, what times do you eat each of those meals with what amount of each? Whats your end of the day totals for protein, fats, carbs, and calories?

I would also suggest that you lose the whole wheat tortilla and potato and substitue that with some oats or sweet potato. The turkey sandwich should also go. Put in some chicken breasts and brown rice. Also, if your going to have the pre-bed shake, make it consistant and have it every night.

As for the supps, you seem to expect to much out of them. Cuts will not guarantee you a ripped body. Assuming your doing the right diet and training, supps in general may only give you a 5% extra bit or maybe 10% if you get them perfect.

bigmex
10-30-08, 11:21 pm
how can i know how much i'm eating as far as quantity and measuring my food with

zanderfever
10-30-08, 11:24 pm
how can i know how much i'm eating as far as quantity and measuring my food with

Use the internet for the calories, etc. Just google "(the food) nutritional facts" and you'll get many sites to choose from.

As for quality of foods, thats why you get only certain kinds of food. When I do a serious diet, heres the entire list of food that I eat

skinless chicken breasts
leanest ground beef I can find
brown rice
sweet potatos
oatmeal
Natty PB
almonds

And thats it, excluding some green veggies here and there. I eat each of them at the same time every day. If it would help you, I can post a sample day that I would follow every day.

bigmex
10-30-08, 11:39 pm
can you PM it to me...also can you list a type of routine for me to follow as far as definition and endurance....i know i'm asking too much but my career asks alot out of me and i'm trying hard....i was prior military and i slacked off after i finished my contract....a sample of what you do is pretty cool man...i appreciate it

zanderfever
10-30-08, 11:49 pm
can you PM it to me...also can you list a type of routine for me to follow as far as definition and endurance....i know i'm asking too much but my career asks alot out of me and i'm trying hard....i was prior military and i slacked off after i finished my contract....a sample of what you do is pretty cool man...i appreciate it

Yeah, sure. I'll get to writing.

Aggression
10-31-08, 10:01 am

I use fitday.com for all nutritional aspects. Everything you'll need to put in is basically covered, and it's easy to use.

And if you just started lifting heavy weight for the past 3 weeks, you're probably gaining a bit of muscle along with it. Bump up the cardio to at least 30min, and in time, you'll start losing bodyfat. Keep the diet clean, and keep the cardio consistent. You're not going to drop a ton of weight right off the bat, it takes time.

Dingo
10-31-08, 10:28 am
well, i eat 5-6 times a day...
i start out w/scrambled eggs for bfast w/whole wheat tortilla
or potatoes on the skillet

protein shake in the midday

turkey sandwich on whole wheat w/lettuce, tomatoes and light mustard w/mayo

another protein shake before dinner

vegetables (broccolli, mixed vegetables, corn) w/a piece of chicken breast or steak

before bed another protein shake, depending on how i'm feeling

my current weight:
275lbs, 25% bf

i was doing a routine called Optimized Volume training....basically a 5x5 method

i was 3 weeks into this routine and i could feel the effects as far as strength with this, but i decided to stop due to gaining weight...like i said i need something for endurance and conditioning then i'll go ahead and add the weight later...i guess i did everything backwards...i would appreciate some samples of a routine for endurance and definition...if someone can PM me i would appreciate it...thanks again fellas

The one thing that sticks out to me, is the 5x5, im doing that right now for a BULK, its helped add alot of strength as well as thickness, if your adding muscle uner the fat and not really dropping the fat it would seem you would balloon up. Also, 3 weeks isnt much time. With my wife when she started training with me, especially legs, she went through the same thing, suddenly everything started fitting tighter, after a few weeks 6 or so, it started to level off and loosen up (fat was falling off). Her strength gains were steadily increasing/maintaining but the once too tight shorts started to slowly fit again.

as for me, i just buy bigger pants. went from wearing wrangler 13mwz size 32 waist to wearing loose fit baggy jeans size 36 waist (and its not for the waist)

Aggression
10-31-08, 10:46 am
as for me, i just buy bigger pants. went from wearing wrangler 13mwz size 32 waist to wearing loose fit baggy jeans size 36 waist (and its not for the waist)

I'm in the same boat. When I was bulking, I was sporting 36'' pants for the waist. It was my legs and my ass that made it uncomfortable to wear the correct 33'' waist.

Dingo
10-31-08, 11:02 am
I'm in the same boat. When I was bulking, I was sporting 36'' pants for the waist. It was my legs and my ass that made it uncomfortable to wear the correct 33'' waist.

not to hi-jak the thread, but i tried on an old pair of my slim fit jeans a few months ago hahaah couldnt get em up more than 2-3 inches past my knee

see bigmex, we all go through it

bigmex
10-31-08, 8:59 pm
i understand fellas, but it's hard to get another pair of pants unless my sarge approves it...he won't understand the reason of me gaining weight...i'll keep trying the 5x5 program and up the cardio but it's just my uniform...like you all said, from the thighs on up to the ass, it's kind of embarassing because on my traffic stops i have lots of people staring....