PDA

View Full Version : just a quick dumb question

EBO13
10-30-08, 9:10 pm
so how bad will it hurt my cutting cycle if every couple days i had a cheat meal... i know it will have some set backs but do yall have a rough idea how bad... like a cheese burger and fries or a phili cheese steak sandwich or spagetti... just a normal out to eat meal or homeade meal?

shizz702
10-30-08, 9:13 pm
so how bad will it hurt my cutting cycle if every couple days i had a cheat meal... i know it will have some set backs but do yall have a rough idea how bad... like a cheese burger and fries or a phili cheese steak sandwich or spagetti... just a normal out to eat meal or homeade meal?

It is actually generally recommended to have a cheat meal once a week so that way it will keep you motivated to eat clean for the rest of the week and maintain your sanity. It won't affect you at all, just keep it to once a week, and stay clean and strict for the rest of the week.

NickSP
10-30-08, 9:13 pm
If you're serious about cutting I'd stick to cheating just once a week.

EBO13
10-30-08, 9:15 pm
well this is my first real cycle and i got on a pretty good meal plan.. which i got from a guy on here but its killin me just eating the same thing everyday... it just makes the cravings bigger and bigger...

shizz702
10-30-08, 9:36 pm
You don't have to eat the same thing everyday. You can have some variety too. But you have to look at it in terms of you aren't eating to enjoy the food, you are eating to cut and look good.

Just keep the cheat meal to once a week and try not to think too much about it.

J Wong
10-30-08, 10:06 pm
well this is my first real cycle and i got on a pretty good meal plan.. which i got from a guy on here but its killin me just eating the same thing everyday... it just makes the cravings bigger and bigger...

Hate to break it to you, but a real cut takes determination and discipline. Stick to 1-2 cheat meals a week.

Elite
10-30-08, 10:17 pm
I just have the 1 huge cheat meal either sat/sun. By the end of the feasting, with the ensuing sugar rush, i feel pretty shitty and actually crave 'bland food' the rest of the week. If not on keto, then add some spice and healthy marinades, get creative with chicken/fish/lean red meat.

Factory
10-30-08, 10:24 pm
im eating 2-3 cheat meals a week right now, but i'm bulking, so it's a lot different for me. I'd keep it to 1 a week. If you're on keto I wouldn't break ketosis for a cheat meal, you lose 1-2 days of ketosis.

Elite
10-30-08, 10:27 pm
im eating 2-3 cheat meals a week right now, but i'm bulking, so it's a lot different for me. I'd keep it to 1 a week. If you're on keto I wouldn't break ketosis for a cheat meal, you lose 1-2 days of ketosis.

No cheat meal for the 1st 2weeks on keto, Then 1 cheat meal per week is advised to fire the metabolism.

VishGT2
10-31-08, 3:05 am
if you're really serious then no cheating at all.

sounds rough but when you end up cutting for a show, you gotta go all out

sanga
10-31-08, 4:02 am
I just have the 1 huge cheat meal either sat/sun. By the end of the feasting, with the ensuing sugar rush, i feel pretty shitty and actually crave 'bland food' the rest of the week. If not on keto, then add some spice and healthy marinades, get creative with chicken/fish/lean red meat.

Agreed, I am on keto and I have the cheat once a week but I look forward to the bland food again soon enough.

Fact is you need to decide how important it is to you to get in shape, if you are not bothered about how long it takes then carry on cheating every few days, if on the other habnd it means everything to you then cherating every once in a while would be better.

Vinny G
10-31-08, 5:08 am

i have said before that i cheat every sunday.

no more no less.

however you must know that i do an HOUR of cardio daily, so what ever i eat on sunday ONLY, will not ruin my condition.....in fact it helps.

if you cheat BEFORE you are in shape.....you have problems.

get on the diet about 4 -6 weeks before you even think about a cheat meal, UNLESS you are already in shape.

Aggression
10-31-08, 9:44 am
Use the search thread and look up re-feeds. I did a re-feed once a week while cutting. It gives you one day to satisfy all your cravings (carb-wise). After that day, you don't want to cheat for at least another 3-5 days. Definitely a good tactic.

Dingo
10-31-08, 9:54 am
as said once a week.
When i was droppin some pounds for my wedding (laugh it up, chicks arent the only ones who wanna look good) i was eating very strict, chicken/broccoli and chicken/brussel sprouts.
when friday would roll around i was off to panda express for some cheap fast chinese food (i know its not real chinese).
Even then i tried to not go crazy, i would get steamed veggies instead of fried/steamed rice or noodles, orange chicken (the worst thing on my plate) and mandarin chicken, no sauce.
it worked great, i didnt keep up with lbs, i just went by the mirror.