PDA

View Full Version : Harder Thicker Muscle

rock23
10-30-08, 9:38 pm
If this has already been covered, I apologize for rehashing it, but I couldn't find it. I am having difficulty making my muscles even harder. I could be a lot more solid. I am already getting leaner, but I am still somewhat soft. Any suggestions?

Factory
10-30-08, 9:57 pm
If this has already been covered, I apologize for rehashing it, but I couldn't find it. I am having difficulty making my muscles even harder. I could be a lot more solid. I am already getting leaner, but I am still somewhat soft. Any suggestions?

bodyfat %, the way you're flexing, soft skin, too much water-weight, creatine, too much dairy in your diet... could be a lot of things.

you could be a little bloated

when your lifting just make sure you really SQUEEZE on every rep, might help thicken the muscle a bit, I know when I started really paying attention to squeezing super-hard it really improved the density of muscle.

rock23
10-30-08, 10:58 pm
Never took the dairy into consideration. I don't use creatine. My bodyfat is 18% (was 27). I'll cutback on the milk with my shakes. Any other suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.

shizz702
10-30-08, 11:01 pm
My bodyfat is 18% (was 27).

Get your body fat down to the 10% or less and you probably won't have this problem.

sanga
10-31-08, 4:11 am
Agreed bodyfat % is the reason and maybe water retention.

Factory
10-31-08, 9:05 am
it's probably not the dairy / water retention if your at 18%, like others said here, get down in BF% and it'll happen for you.

Aggression
10-31-08, 9:49 am
BF%, dairy, and water retention are all factors. But if your at that BF%, then lower the BF first, then work on dairy and water.

Ady
10-31-08, 12:25 pm
All about the body fat and water retention. Squeezing at the tops is also really good for create the dense solid mass, squeezing i feel is very under-rated and is definitly worth doing. I get a mega burn and feel awesome the next day aswell :)