PDA

View Full Version : My supps ! What do you think ?

IcedAbz
10-31-08, 7:34 am
Hey guys, i just wanted to let you guys know the supplements I've been taking and what you guys think about em well..

Im taking red back protein ( 100% protein, no carbs )
Animal Pak
Animal M Stak
Anabolic Halo ( http://www.anabolichalo.com/product/index.shtml )
Glutamine powder ( Mixed with my protein )

I asked the lady at my gym, she knows quiet a lot about this industry. I asked her about creatine and she said she doesn't like them as they do something to your kidneys, something to do with holding water levels. So im not sure what to change, if i should start taking creatine or what not. Anyway im training hard, I've progressed my weights rapidly with what im on, but maybe i could progress faster and become stronger? What do you reckon i should take?
Should i take creatine?
Should i take other supplements along with what i take?
Or should i just drop something im currently taking?

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

Brutus_515
10-31-08, 9:02 am
I suggest torrent over halo. creatine is fine dude it will help you grow alot (yeah it makes you hold water but its supposed to)..

Factory
10-31-08, 9:20 am
First off Iced, If you're drinking the amount of water you should be on creatine, it won't be a problem for your kidneys to handle.

I'd also recommend adding omega to the stack, it's a great product and helps a ton if you don't normally get all your EFA's (or supplement with 10 different bottles)

I agree with Shaffer, Torrent is a GREAT product. You should definitely look into it over halo.
I'd also drop your glutamine for BCAA stack, it includes glutamine and amino acids.

all in all, go with what you can afford and such

Enforcer
10-31-08, 9:28 am
Hey guys, i just wanted to let you guys know the supplements I've been taking and what you guys think about em well..

Animal Pak
Animal M Stak

I asked the lady at my gym, she knows quiet a lot about this industry. I asked her about creatine and she said she doesn't like them as they do something to your kidneys, something to do with holding water levels. So im not sure what to change, if i should start taking creatine or what not. Anyway im training hard, I've progressed my weights rapidly with what im on, but maybe i could progress faster and become stronger? What do you reckon i should take?
Should i take creatine?

Thank you

Well just a quick fyi to what that woman said- Halo has creatine in it. Creatine has not been proven to be harmful to yoru kidneys and it will not cause you to hold water. I am so sick and tired of this myth. Creatine is essential to muscle growth as it help pumps oxygen into your muscles. The reason people get bloated off creatine is the fact that some creatine products are loaded with insane amounts of sugars which can cause them to bloat. Your stack looks solid bro the only thing I would do it try out Torrent instead of Halo. It is a much more quality product and available at a much cheaper price. Also if you can afford it I would throw in EAA Stack, Animal Flex, and Animal Omega.

Aggression
10-31-08, 11:47 am
Sub Torrent for Halo
Drink a gallon of water
Take Creatine

IcedAbz
10-31-08, 3:29 pm
So what I see is that i should change my supplement intake to this:

Red Back Protein Powder ( No carbs )
Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Universal Torrent Instead of Anabolic Halo?
Universal Storm Creatine

Wow thats alot of supps don't you guys think =/ ?

simpleguy
10-31-08, 5:19 pm

Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Universal Storm Creatine

if you're on a tight budget I'd swap out the flex and BCAA stack - you already got bcaas in the EAA stack

ionicrod
10-31-08, 5:26 pm

Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Universal Storm Creatine

well, considering you are just now turning 17, you do not need most of these. Especially since you are coming from a one year lay off. You body will make huge gains because of your age, and lay off. You do not need the M-Stak for sure, you are too young. unless you are having problems with your joints, you do not need the flex either. The EAA, and BCAA stack are not really needed either right now. You will be getting BCAAs from your protein if its whey, and you will get other aminos from the torrent, which I do think you should take. I recommend creatine to everyone, and I do not believe in the whole cycling off crap either. Creatine replenishes your ATP stores, which you deplete quickly while working out. but there is creatine in the torrent, it is not particularly needed in a separate form.

so, my opinion (at your age, and training experience), :

Pak
protein
torrent
omega

Aggression
10-31-08, 5:28 pm

Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Universal Storm Creatine

If you don't want to be taking soo many, the basics you SHOULD be taking are:
Pak
Protein
Storm
Torrent

you can even do without the torrent. Just have protein and some simple sugars, liek a Gatorade, after your workout.

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 12:06 am
Yer i think im gonna go on

Red back protein
Storm
Torrent
Animal Pak
and maybe M-Stak

Thankz heapz guys, and is storm the best creatine out there or not ?

simpleguy
11-01-08, 2:05 am
Yer i think im gonna go on

Red back protein
Storm
Torrent
Animal Pak
and maybe M-Stak

Thankz heapz guys, and is storm the best creatine out there or not ?

probably not, though it is one of the best... however, considering you can get it for around 30$ on most retailers' sites, and you get 80 servings - it's def worth it

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 3:00 am
Well i just went and checked the prices at the store near my area and

Universal Torrent = $89.95
Universal Storm = $89.95
Animal Pak = $109.95
Animal M-Stak = $70
Animal Nitro = $99.95

Well im gonna finish my Anabolic Halo and buy Torrent from then on, but i might get Storm A.S.A.P, people are saying drop the M-Stak and keep the animal pak. Is Animal Nitro any good, i mean like

"Yes, it helps heaps go and buy it"
not
"Meh, i dunno if u feel like adding abit of this n that get it".

If i get Storm, how should i take it and when.

Many thanks to all the people helping me, you guys are saving me alot of time and money, again. Many thanks.

never_2_big
11-01-08, 4:38 am
Well i just went and checked the prices at the store near my area and

Universal Torrent = $89.95
Universal Storm = $89.95
Animal Pak = $109.95
Animal M-Stak = $70
Animal Nitro = $99.95

Well im gonna finish my Anabolic Halo and buy Torrent from then on, but i might get Storm A.S.A.P, people are saying drop the M-Stak and keep the animal pak. Is Animal Nitro any good, i mean like

"Yes, it helps heaps go and buy it"
not
"Meh, i dunno if u feel like adding abit of this n that get it".

If i get Storm, how should i take it and when.

Many thanks to all the people helping me, you guys are saving me alot of time and money, again. Many thanks.

where do u live bro? thats harsh pricing

i take 1 scoop of storm before i train and one during
and nitro is a good supplement... eaa's are important musclebuilders.

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 4:40 am
I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm 17 and not much animals here man =/ That's cheap compared to other stores. Any online sites that are legit ? Why where do you live, whats ur pricing.

never_2_big
11-01-08, 4:45 am
im in brisbane, and the pricing isnt quite that bad up here. i buy all my stuff online...

bodybuilding.com is good but sometimes customs are pricks with them.

bulknutrition.com is who i use most of the time. better prices and the postage is ok. order 3 months worth and it works out much cheaper, but u will need a credit card.

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 5:34 am
Yer i man i checked i out =] Thankz heapz

never_2_big
11-01-08, 8:11 am
any time bro!!

Beast7897
11-01-08, 9:44 am

Animal Pak
Animal M Stak

Should i take creatine?

Thank you
throw in some animal nitro.

Beast7897
11-01-08, 9:45 am
oh and take out the halo and add animal pump

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 5:10 pm
Animal Pump instead of halo =/ ? People are saying swap it with torrent ? Hmm so which one ?

Should i take EAA's and BCAA's

Beast7897
11-01-08, 6:09 pm
Animal Pump instead of halo =/ ? People are saying swap it with torrent ? Hmm so which one ?

I say try them both out and see which u prefer i mean different things work for different people bro. Just don't use them at the same time might be to much of an over load. And bout the EAA'S and the BCAA's every little bit helps bro so go for it.
Here is my stak that works well for me the pak,stak2,pump,flex, and nitro. I literly feel like a beast with this stak.

Stovall
11-01-08, 6:15 pm
I'd go with the torrent. Pump is preworkout and torrent is post workout. I just finished my first tub of torrent and I will be buying it in bulk. Stuff is great.

IcedAbz
11-01-08, 7:16 pm
I think im gonna be hitting

Red Back Protein
Animal Pak
Universal Torrent
Universal Storm
Animal Nitro
Glutamine (Tablets or powder)

( And probably later on )

EAA's &
BCAA's

Thankz brothers, i'll let you guys know my gains !

Cheers

Beast7897
11-01-08, 7:20 pm
no prob

NPRamirez
11-01-08, 9:10 pm
I'm about 20 and I have been using a stack very similar to the last one you stated for about a year now. I have made some serious gains since then. I wish you the same, man. Just remember to eat and drink (water) like you are going into hibernation. Keep us updated.

pitdog84
11-01-08, 9:25 pm
Dpsnutrition Is Good. Customs Doesn't Really Stick Ya On It.

And What The Hell Is Red Back Protein?

IcedAbz
11-02-08, 2:01 am
Red back protein, well first it's the only protein I've made gains on personally and second i can't drink any protein that has carbs in it, it makes me sick to my stomach. It's a protein I've found in the shop, the guy recommended it and practically where i live in Sydney, there's not a big "WOO-HOO" about body building so supplements are high in price and rare to find.

never_2_big
11-02-08, 6:22 am
looks like you got your stack pretty sorted bro... dont go to dpsnutrition, they dont ship international to oz, i already tried.

IcedAbz
11-02-08, 9:05 am
Hey guys, just another quick question... Animal Pump or Universal Storm =] Ty

Pizzalamp
11-02-08, 9:31 am
even if u dont get omega i recommend u get fish oil-3000mg per day and evening primrose oil 2600mg per day-these essential fatty acids are absolutely essential for muscle growth and are so important to have in your diet

pitdog84
11-02-08, 9:38 am
they practically sponsor us over in the desert

mritter3
11-02-08, 10:38 am
what are some of your goals through this stack? if it is to put on some pounds here is the stack i would run...animal pak, storm, real gains, eaa nitro, and torrent. with that you get all your basics covered, and then if you want add some m stak to it. those prices are harsh man i would order online, you can get that stuff for half the price. good luck.

IcedAbz
11-02-08, 11:20 pm
Hey guys i just bought Universal Storm, Animal Pak and Red Backs Glutamine Powder... What i realised with storm was it was quite solidified like i could not remove the spoon from the powder i had to pull it off and it was still quite hard... Is this normal or should it be very powdery ?

Enforcer
11-03-08, 9:39 am

Animal Pak
Animal M-Stak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Universal Storm Creatine

Not really bro, each product has its own intended purpose

Enforcer
11-03-08, 9:40 am

Pump preworkout
Torrent postworkout

If you take Nitro you will be getting both BCAA's and EAA's. Nitro in my mind is the best amino acid formula on the market.

Enforcer
11-03-08, 9:41 am
Hey guys, just another quick question... Animal Pump or Universal Storm =] Ty

If you can afford both I'd get both- Pump pre and Storm intra. If you can only afford one I'd go with Animal Pump.

Enforcer
11-03-08, 9:43 am
Hey guys i just bought Universal Storm, Animal Pak and Red Backs Glutamine Powder... What i realised with storm was it was quite solidified like i could not remove the spoon from the powder i had to pull it off and it was still quite hard... Is this normal or should it be very powdery ?

If air gets into the product this can happen. All that is the creatine hardening up becuase moisture has gotten to it. The product is still good, just do whatever you can to break up the powder.

futilekyle
11-03-08, 9:55 am
Your 17, don't blow all your money on supplements right now man, take

Animal Pak
Protein Powder

Thats all you need at this point