PDA

View Full Version : Chicken and Brown Rice on a Bulk?

sodapop
10-31-08, 7:46 am
How is chicken and brown rice for lunch on a bulk? Is there something better I could be eating (more carbs, etc.?) This is my current lunch meal.

Also, how often should I be eating red meats?

Thanks!

biggora
10-31-08, 8:28 am
Actually that is exactly the same lunch I have and I'm on a bulk as well.
8oz chicken breast and 2 cups cooked brown rice (success rice):
Approx total cal: 550
Protein: 58
Carbs: 66

And I try to have some veggies or a salad with oil along with it and you should to! See, it's a pretty decent and clean bulk meal. I mean it may not seem like all that much but if you're bulking then I'm sure you're having 6 - 8 meals, right?

While I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist as long as you're in good health I don't see why having red meat everyday would harm you. For me anyways, nothing helps with a bulk like red meat. I try to get it in my diet(bulk) at LEAST once a day. Be sure to get in your fiber though when eating more red meat to make the bulk a smooth ride. ;)

sodapop
10-31-08, 8:57 am
Actually that is exactly the same lunch I have and I'm on a bulk as well.
8oz chicken breast and 2 cups cooked brown rice (success rice):
Approx total cal: 550
Protein: 58
Carbs: 66

And I try to have some veggies or a salad with oil along with it and you should to! See, it's a pretty decent and clean bulk meal. I mean it may not seem like all that much but if you're bulking then I'm sure you're having 6 - 8 meals, right?

While I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist as long as you're in good health I don't see why having red meat everyday would harm you. For me anyways, nothing helps with a bulk like red meat. I try to get it in my diet(bulk) at LEAST once a day. Be sure to get in your fiber though when eating more red meat to make the bulk a smooth ride. ;)

Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah, I'm eating around 6 meals a day. I gotta try to get more red meat in.

sanga
10-31-08, 9:22 am
Take a look at any persons diet that has banged on a lot of muscle over the last few years, nearly all of them have eaten lots of red meat everyday. Ever seen a fat or skinny Tiger? lol

Aggression
10-31-08, 10:21 am
A solid meal in my book. When bulking, just make sure to eat some dense meats (red).

J Wong
10-31-08, 1:19 pm
Red meat is great. I eat it 2-3 times a day. You can get it in bulk for real cheap at sams, or even albertsons, but thats kind of far from us to go buy food. Just get 90/10 ground beef, and pre make like 10 patties at a time, cook them, and store them in a tupperware container in your fridge.

sodapop
10-31-08, 1:50 pm
Red meat is great. I eat it 2-3 times a day. You can get it in bulk for real cheap at sams, or even albertsons, but thats kind of far from us to go buy food. Just get 90/10 ground beef, and pre make like 10 patties at a time, cook them, and store them in a tupperware container in your fridge.

I was thinking I'd be best off going to Sam's for my food. Thanks, dude.

On Letting Go
10-31-08, 7:17 pm
I eat chicken and brown rice all the time. I never get tired of it.

prowrestler
10-31-08, 7:21 pm
tuna salad=cutting

chicken & rice= clean bulk

beef and noodles=ULTIMATE MASS!

Mizzarler
10-31-08, 9:01 pm
How is chicken and brown rice for lunch on a bulk? Is there something better I could be eating (more carbs, etc.?) This is my current lunch meal.

Also, how often should I be eating red meats?

Thanks!

drizzle some olive oil on durr

simpleguy
11-01-08, 2:01 am
tuna salad=cutting

chicken & rice= clean bulk

beef and noodles=ULTIMATE MASS!

doesn't make sense, you can cut on chicken and beef, and you can bulk on tuna...

prowrestler
11-02-08, 11:39 am
doesn't make sense, you can cut on chicken and beef, and you can bulk on tuna...

its a joke lol

simpleguy
11-02-08, 12:05 pm
its a joke lol

me and my slow head haha... sry bro, no offense

stumblin54
11-02-08, 1:28 pm
Sodapop, from looking at your beginning weight I'm thinking you may be a bit of a hardgainer. At this point in the game for you I would say it's all about getting the calories in every day that you're going to need to put on real mass, not just a couple pounds that will all come off later. Eating chicken and rice is fine for lunch, but you need to be eating just about anything you can get your hands on. These calories can all be clean if you're worried about it, but just make sure you're consuming PLENTY of them, all the time.

Stumblin

simpleguy
11-02-08, 1:33 pm
Sodapop, from looking at your beginning weight I'm thinking you may be a bit of a hardgainer. At this point in the game for you I would say it's all about getting the calories in every day that you're going to need to put on real mass, not just a couple pounds that will all come off later. Eating chicken and rice is fine for lunch, but you need to be eating just about anything you can get your hands on. These calories can all be clean if you're worried about it, but just make sure you're consuming PLENTY of them, all the time.

Stumblin

I agree with stumblin here, maybe you can also use a gainer such as Real Gains... get ample amounts of rest, and plenty of clean cals... add a cheat meal here and there for some extra cals

just make sure you keep your gains solid, cause if your goal is to put on another 30lb, you def might end up putting a bit of fat, but why not keep it low? I mean you gotta realize it will take some good months till you add 30lb, so don't get too caught in the scale

prowrestler
11-02-08, 4:43 pm
me and my slow head haha... sry bro, no offense

lol, cant really offend someone like me!

prowrestler
11-02-08, 4:44 pm

Stumblin

x10