PDA

View Full Version : "Squats and Milk" vs. Rippetoe

sodapop
10-31-08, 8:33 am
I just read about this program in the sticky in the Diet section. I didn't wanna post in that thread, as it had tons of replies already, and I didn't think I'd get a reply. I also tried searching, but the search function doesn't seem to be working for some reason...

Anyway, I'm wondering if "Squats and Milk" would be better for size gains than Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Which should I be doing? Thanks!

shizz702
10-31-08, 10:01 am
I just read about this program in the sticky in the Diet section. I didn't wanna post in that thread, as it had tons of replies already, and I didn't think I'd get a reply. I also tried searching, but the search function doesn't seem to be working for some reason...

Anyway, I'm wondering if "Squats and Milk" would be better for size gains than Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Which should I be doing? Thanks!

At your training level/experience rippetoe's would be much better.

sodapop
10-31-08, 10:18 am
At your training level/experience rippetoe's would be much better.

Thanks for the answer. Guess I'm sticking to Rippetoe's then.

This thread can be closed/deleted now if necessary.

shizz702
10-31-08, 10:28 am
However squats and milk would be an excellent bulking routine for you to do after doing Rippetoes and gaining some experience. What I recommend you do is do Rippetoes, then opt for an intermediate routine, whether a split of another Rip program like the Texas Method. Than maybe next year when you want to put on some additional size go squats and milk.

sodapop
10-31-08, 10:31 am
However squats and milk would be an excellent bulking routine for you to do after doing Rippetoes and gaining some experience. What I recommend you do is do Rippetoes, then opt for an intermediate routine, whether a split of another Rip program like the Texas Method. Than maybe next year when you want to put on some additional size go squats and milk.

Cool, thanks for the advice. Any idea how long it normally takes to "top out" (stop gaining) on Rip's SS?

shizz702
10-31-08, 10:37 am
Cool, thanks for the advice. Any idea how long it normally takes to "top out" (stop gaining) on Rip's SS?

You're looking at anywhere from 3-6 months. Stick with it for at least 3 months. Once you stall on a lift, try for it again. And then if necessary deload and build back up. Milk the gains from it for as long as possible.

If you do it right you will develop respectable strength on all the lifts in the program.

J Wong
10-31-08, 1:16 pm
Keep going with the rippetoes man, squats and milk would be tough at your level, 20 rep squats are a bitch, even for the experienced.

v8ftmfw
10-31-08, 5:33 pm
Im currently on squat and milk, I was 120lb and now im 155lb and TODAY I squat 155lb !!, next time I will squat 160lb, I build so much strength since the day doing this routin. DRINK YOUR MILK !!

I think you should stick with weight gainer protein now, drink one before sleep and wake up around 3-4am and drink another shake, in the morning drink another shake. I gain good lb doing that. and Train hard !!

shizz702
10-31-08, 5:39 pm
Im currently on squat and milk, I was 120lb and now im 155lb and TODAY I squat 155lb !!, next time I will squat 160lb, I build so much strength since the day doing this routin. DRINK YOUR MILK !!

I think you should stick with weight gainer protein now, drink one before sleep and wake up around 3-4am and drink another shake, in the morning drink another shake. I gain good lb doing that. and Train hard !!

Alright bro glad to hear it's working out for you! Told you that shit would make you gain some weight!

v8ftmfw
10-31-08, 5:44 pm
Alright bro glad to hear it's working out for you! Told you that shit would make you gain some weight!

FUK Yea, Thanks for your recomendation !!