PDA

View Full Version : one arm pushups and taking fish oil

redskin 344
10-31-08, 10:03 pm
I used to love doing one armpushups. I could do 25 with my right arm but I stopped from the harm it could do to my joints. Now on a daily basis I take fish oil so if I were to do one arm pushups again and add them to my routine, would the fish oil keep my joints safe and strong or would it not be good enough?

SQUAT or DIE!
10-31-08, 10:11 pm
ive heard that they are good for your joints, so i suppose it could help... but you may want to look into a joint supplement.. its helped me alot...

zanderfever
10-31-08, 11:19 pm
Animal Flex would probably be your best friend. Many people here consider it the second "staple" in your supplement regimen. Second only to Pak. I believe I can think of at least one guy who would take it over Pak as well.

The joint issues would seem to only be the elbows and/or shoudlers maybe for one arm push ups. Really, i'd just make sure that you do the same amount on both sides.

redskin 344
11-01-08, 1:24 pm
Wait.. im sorry but neith of those replies was helpful
no offense

1) Fish oil IS a joint supplement, which is why im wondering if it will help to keep my joints strong and safe so i wont suffer the hazards of one arm pushups

2) What do u mean by ONLY shoulders and elbows.. they are important joints and the only joints on the upper body for lifting..
Im asking if fish oil will keep my joints safe from the hazards one arm pushups could do to my joints

zanderfever
11-01-08, 5:52 pm
1) Fish oil IS a joint supplement, which is why im wondering if it will help to keep my joints strong and safe so i wont suffer the hazards of one arm pushups

2) What do u mean by ONLY shoulders and elbows.. they are important joints and the only joints on the upper body for lifting..
Im asking if fish oil will keep my joints safe from the hazards one arm pushups could do to my joints

You've just answered yourself. If Fish Oil is a joint supplement, then it'll help your joints.

Stovall
11-01-08, 6:23 pm
I'd say if you're going to continue the one arm pushups then I'd switch to a complete joint supplement. Fish oil is great, I take it everyday to ease pains from my motorcycle wreck but when I added Animal Flex the difference was amazing. Fish oil lacks alot of ingredients that your body needs when you are excercising more than a couch potato. Just my opinion bro.

redskin 344
11-01-08, 7:25 pm
I'd say if you're going to continue the one arm pushups then I'd switch to a complete joint supplement. Fish oil is great, I take it everyday to ease pains from my motorcycle wreck but when I added Animal Flex the difference was amazing. Fish oil lacks alot of ingredients that your body needs when you are excercising more than a couch potato. Just my opinion bro.

What are some ingredients that fish oil lacks when exercising, Im just curious.

I actually think its a great supplement for both fat loss (decreasing tryglyceryde levels, increase metabolism and insulin sensitivity, etc..) and muscle building (greater insulin sensitivity to muscles, etc..). The EPA/DHA has the value of a 100 ingredients for the incredible benefits it provides for the body and mind.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-01-08, 7:30 pm
In my opinion...1 arm pushups arent even that great of an exercise. from what i kno, u spread your legs wide for balance...that puts most of your weight in your legs meaning u might as well justg 1 arm db press a 40 or somethin. I could be wrong, but that exercise seems silly to me

redskin 344
11-01-08, 7:57 pm
In my opinion...1 arm pushups arent even that great of an exercise. from what i kno, u spread your legs wide for balance...that puts most of your weight in your legs meaning u might as well justg 1 arm db press a 40 or somethin. I could be wrong, but that exercise seems silly to me

Yea man i think ur right. I just want an excuse to do them because they are easy to do. Just drop to the floor and do them. No adjusting or anything required and u dont need a spotter.

ironshaolin
11-02-08, 9:38 am
I don't really see bodyweight excersises as being something harmful to your joints. And although it has some anti-inflamatory effects, I consider fish oil an EFA supplement. So go for it dude, fish oil is just a good thing to take in general and challenging bodyweight excersises are the bomb.

redskin 344
11-02-08, 10:00 am
I don't really see bodyweight excersises as being something harmful to your joints. And although it has some anti-inflamatory effects, I consider fish oil an EFA supplement. So go for it dude, fish oil is just a good thing to take in general and challenging bodyweight excersises are the bomb.

I mean the one arm pushup isnt really that challenging for me that is. Im just worried that it will provide damage to my joints.

Carpe Diem P.T
11-02-08, 3:21 pm
What would you rather, 5 years of quality 1 arm pushups or 30+ years of quality weight lifting?

If the 1 arm pushup is not an essential part of your training arsenal and you consider it high risk, why are we even having this conversation. Bin it.