PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Put on More Mass for Pro Wrestling

braves561
11-01-08, 8:58 pm
I am 5'9 210 lbs about 15% BF.

Anyone have a great routine for putting on mass? I've been trying everything so I figured I would up my calorie intake and start on a new program to put on some mass for Pro Wrestling (yes WWE,WWF style)

Anyone have any suggestions to a program?
Please someone help.

I assume I will be doing a lot of HIIT cardio as a part of the routine, but I need a routine to gain mass while weight lifting.

Thanks!

shizz702
11-01-08, 9:10 pm
If you purely just want to gain weight then do this:http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

bovat
11-01-08, 9:12 pm

Anyone have a great routine for putting on mass? I've been trying everything so I figured I would up my calorie intake and start on a new program to put on some mass for Pro Wrestling (yes WWE,WWF style)

Please someone help.

I assume I will be doing a lot of HIIT cardio as a part of the routine, but I need a routine to gain mass while weight lifting.

Thanks!

well ive heard from wrestlers that there weightlifting is not as heavy and higher reps, cuz they cant afford injuries while do wrestling training. They just try to sculpt, so for you id say rest like 30sec and keep reps 8-12, and do the usual ya know. Im just saying it might not be a great idea to go too heavy or too low in reps.

shizz702
11-01-08, 9:15 pm
If you want to gain mass you're gonna have to lift heavy. There is no worries for injury as long as you are lifting in good form. There's a greater chance of injury in wrestling than there is lifting.

If you want to gain weight the fastest way possbile do the 20 rep squat routine, eat a fuck ton, and drink a gallon of milk a day.

J Wong
11-02-08, 9:58 am
Ask prowrestler for advice. He knows all about pro wrestling (as you can tell by his name)

prowrestler
11-02-08, 10:00 am

Please someone help.

Thanks!

im surprised no one has mentioned me yet!!!!

anyways.. ya, depending on your gimmick and goals in the ring, its not necesarily a great idea to wanna put on mass. my friend is about your height and a tad bit leaner but 165lbs. use to be a fat 230lbs though.

he wants to be 210 tops so he can wrestle as a WWE heavyweight. for his height its considered heavyweight.

and remember, proportions while help, if you got big delts,wide lats and a tiny waist, they will bill you heavier then what you are.

ok, so basically, train with heavy compound moves and train each muscle 1 time a week.
focus and incressing weight used every week by as much as possible. for larger muscles, go as high as 15 sets and for smaller ones,8-10 sets is good. reps can range from 4-12. depends on what your doing. keep variety in.

pro wrestling looks for a lean look alot too and unless your goin after WWE like me, mas is not that important. being lean is.

prowrestler
11-02-08, 10:02 am
Ask prowrestler for advice. He knows all about pro wrestling (as you can tell by his name)

ill take my first sentence back lol!

braves561
04-27-09, 6:45 pm
I'm a pretty experienced lifter. I've been doing a Dave Tate 12 week program, I'm on week 2 currently and plan on finishing that up, but I'm not sure what to do next. I've done 5 day splits, DC Training, Westside BB, 5x5, Layne Norton 5 day program, and some other ones.

My question is that I've got my diet dialed in and everything and I was wondering which program or routine you guys would recommend for me because I am entering Pro Wrestling school within the next year or so. I would like to bulk up a little bit more. I'm 5'9 214 lbs. and around 14-15% BF.

My big 3 lifts are:

Bench: 245 x 2
Deadlift: 365 x 5
Squat: 425 x 2

Those are my CURRENT numbers. They will be tested again and will hopefully increase after this Dave Tate 12 week program hopefully. Here are my current Macros if anyone has any other advice on that as well, I'd appreciate it:

Macros:
Calories: 2595
Fat: 49 to 66
Protein: 256-277
Carbs: 223-283

Supplements:
Scivation Whey
Dymatize Elite Whey
Scivation Xtend

I also have a Workout Journal if you'd like to take a look as well. Feel free to critique. I'll link to the last couple weeks or so:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115079081&page=5

Thanks anyone who reads this and gives quality advice!

-Alex

Young&Hungry
04-27-09, 7:53 pm
Get in contact with Forum member prowrestler, he's in the exact same shoes as you are.

braves561
04-27-09, 8:06 pm
im surprised no one has mentioned me yet!!!!

anyways.. ya, depending on your gimmick and goals in the ring, its not necesarily a great idea to wanna put on mass. my friend is about your height and a tad bit leaner but 165lbs. use to be a fat 230lbs though.

he wants to be 210 tops so he can wrestle as a WWE heavyweight. for his height its considered heavyweight.

and remember, proportions while help, if you got big delts,wide lats and a tiny waist, they will bill you heavier then what you are.

ok, so basically, train with heavy compound moves and train each muscle 1 time a week.
focus and incressing weight used every week by as much as possible. for larger muscles, go as high as 15 sets and for smaller ones,8-10 sets is good. reps can range from 4-12. depends on what your doing. keep variety in.

pro wrestling looks for a lean look alot too and unless your goin after WWE like me, mas is not that important. being lean is.

Do you have a routine or a sample program written up by chance? Thanks for ALL of the advice!

braves561
04-27-09, 8:42 pm
^Thanks! I'm hoping he comes in here

I bumped an older thread I made about it.

If anyone reads this that has some advice lol

How is this program:

MON-Chest/Tri's

Barbell Bench 5x5
Incline DB Bench 4x8-10
Dips 3 x 6-10
DB Flies 3 x 8-10
Tricep Pressdowns 3 x 8-10

TUES-Back/Bi's

Deadlifts 5x5 ALT. every other week with Rack Pulls 5x5
Barbell Rows 4x8-12
Pull-Ups 3x8-15
BB Shrug 3x8-10 ALT. every week with DB Shrugs 3x8-10
DB Curl 3x6-10

WED-Legs/Calves

Squat 5x5
Leg Press 4x6-10
Leg Extensions 3x8-10
Leg Curl 3x8-10
Barbell Lunges 3x6-10
Standing Calf Raises 3x8-10
Seated Calf Raises 3x8-10

THURS-OFF

Shoulders/Lats

Barbell Standing Military Press 5x5
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3x8-10
Arnold Press 3x6-10
Lat Pulldowns 3x8-10 ALT. each week between over/underhand grip
Chin-Ups 3x8-10

FRI-Arms/Calves

Close Grip Bench Press 4x6-10
Barbell Curl 3x6-10
Skullcrusher 3x8-10
EZ Bar Preacher Curl 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raises 4x8-12
Standing Calf Raises 4x8-12

SAT-OFF

SUN- HIIT

sodapop
04-27-09, 10:20 pm
My word of advice... UP YOUR CALORIES. Add another 500-1k.

BeastCook
04-27-09, 11:40 pm
sorta out of topics but anyone know any rumors of "The Rock" making a apperance on WWE shows?

prowrestler
04-28-09, 12:21 am
sorta out of topics but anyone know any rumors of "The Rock" making a apperance on WWE shows?

chances are with him and cenas beef rising, no. and a match...hell no

prowrestler
04-28-09, 12:29 am
the best advise was given out already, upp ur cals. at ur size, like 4500 clean minumum dude.

heres my routine from before i liked when size was my sole concern for wrestling

monday back day, wide grip pullups, barbell rows, close grip pullups
tuesday chest/delts day, incline press, dips, overhead press and side raises
wed off
thursday leg day, squat, deadlift, high rep lunging, calf work
friday, arms. dips between benchs, skull crushers, barbell curls, hammer curls, forearm work

sunday do actualy neck work and abs. try face bridges and different angled bridges.

MojoMike36
04-28-09, 1:13 am
Do your deadlifts.

Skipping this list will rob you of tons of weight. Its a MUST.

Edit: Just read your posted routine. 'atta boy!