PDA

View Full Version : MADE on MTV-bodybuilding episode on today at 11am

Pizzalamp
11-02-08, 9:36 am
Today at 11 am on MTV they are replaying MADE-and the episode is about a teenager who wants to be a bodybuilder-and his coach is Peter Putnam...check it out...

BamBam
11-02-08, 11:31 am
I am watching this episode, and I am wondering....how many guys starting out like this really act like that? I know we "complain" and stuff on here cuz everyone knows we r just being funny or sarcastic...also pointing out some basic truths....but this kid is acting like a bitch....sorry if thats mean...but I hate whining lol. He is trying and he is doing good for never really EVER being in a gym or as he is becoming a bodybuilder...Hmmm?

BTW...Peter looks liike a FREAK!! He is a great guy...I love that dude, he's very very down to earth and a real pro!

J Wong
11-02-08, 11:54 am
Must take major patience to be that kid's trainer.

deanna7272
11-02-08, 12:28 pm
I am watching this episode, and I am wondering....how many guys starting out like this really act like that? I know we "complain" and stuff on here cuz everyone knows we r just being funny or sarcastic...also pointing out some basic truths....but this kid is acting like a bitch....sorry if thats mean...but I hate whining lol. He is trying and he is doing good for never really EVER being in a gym or as he is becoming a bodybuilder...Hmmm?

BTW...Peter looks liike a FREAK!! He is a great guy...I love that dude, he's very very down to earth and a real pro!

I don't have MTV (I'm not home enough and don't watch much TV to sink the money for "real" cable...lol) but I am glad I read this whole post, I thought you WERE talking about Putnam...lol

futilekyle
11-02-08, 12:28 pm
Thanks for the notice, gave me something motivating (not that kid, haha), to watch while I was doing cardio.

Mizzarler
11-02-08, 12:34 pm
i think they couldv'e chose a better canidate for the show, but i like how they showed what a bodybuilder has to do daily (preparing meals and eating them every 2 hours and of course lifting) that kid had peter fucking putnam train him and he still whined and complained, give me a break, do you know what i would do to train with peter!!?? did he honestly think it was going to be easy? you think you go in do some curls and eat whatever you want and look like a top level bodybuilder...like i said should've chose a different person for the show but i like the media exposure bodybuilding got, because sadly its really starting to dwindle, shit mr. o isn't even on tv anymore, the best bodybuilders in the world dont get 2 hours of air time but a show where you have a script and some parents choose a date for their kid takes up hours on mtv in the morning...sigh..sorry i went a little bit of a rant

Deaner488
11-02-08, 12:46 pm
i think they couldv'e chose a better canidate for the show, but i like how they showed what a bodybuilder has to do daily (preparing meals and eating them every 2 hours and of course lifting) that kid had peter fucking putnam train him and he still whined and complained, give me a break, do you know what i would do to train with peter!!?? did he honestly think it was going to be easy? you think you go in do some curls and eat whatever you want and look like a top level bodybuilder...like i said should've chose a different person for the show but i like the media exposure bodybuilding got, because sadly its really starting to dwindle, shit mr. o isn't even on tv anymore, the best bodybuilders in the world dont get 2 hours of air time but a show where you have a script and some parents choose a date for their kid takes up hours on mtv in the morning...sigh..sorry i went a little bit of a rant

x2

Feel The Power
11-02-08, 12:58 pm
Yeah, that kid had no clue. I think he just wanted to loose some weight. I would have been stoked to go to Venice Golds the mecca of bodybuilding. Meet some of the old timers and have Peter as a personal trainer. He just didn't seem that excited. I agree we all do complain and bitch about dieting/cardio on here, but deep down we love doing it. He didn't seem to have any background of the sport at all. I'd be surprised if he could name an IFBB pro.

Feel The Power
11-02-08, 1:00 pm
MTV has a while back.. I think it was true life of a bodybuilder.. that was a pretty cool show, but your right.. don't see many shows like that on t.v. anymore..

stumblin54
11-02-08, 3:44 pm
but would've liked to see this to see how Putnam's doing. His legs are insane and has the conditioning to boot. How did he react to this kid's whining?

Stumblin

TylerC
11-02-08, 4:18 pm
They should have put that kid a week with Machine

If the kid actually wanted to be a bodybuilder, he shouldnt be complaining 24/7 about it. If he wanted to keep on being overweight and keep eating donuts, he shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

However Peter, seeing Golds Gym Venice, Max muscle shop, and the weider offices, was just awesome.

The Young One
11-02-08, 5:35 pm
yeah, that kid was lifting for a week and started bitching for a vacation.

Jonisocool
11-02-08, 7:44 pm
only saw the MTV.com behind the scenes and interview clips.

But all I can say is.

Dang. lol.

Maniak Mack
11-02-08, 8:37 pm
Well, I guess MTV has to start somewhere. The girl in the bio "Supersize She" would've been a better pick. This youngster complained to much for my liking. Here's a thought,

TRUE LIFE: I'm An Animal.

Ratings through the roof.

Thetasteofink69
11-02-08, 11:55 pm
Yeahh I was watching it when it was on.. That babyfood/sweet potato thing was a great idea.. I never thought of that

I thought it was a completely stupid episode.. Not that it isn't a good goal, but they gave the kid what, 8 weeks, then its off to muscle beach to compete? Like 8 weeks will get you much of anything.. I didn't end up seeing the end of the episode.. What happened?

jeff00z28
11-03-08, 1:45 am
Yeahh I was watching it when it was on.. That babyfood/sweet potato thing was a great idea.. I never thought of that

I thought it was a completely stupid episode.. Not that it isn't a good goal, but they gave the kid what, 8 weeks, then its off to muscle beach to compete? Like 8 weeks will get you much of anything.. I didn't end up seeing the end of the episode.. What happened?

lol thats just like takinga ny average person and shave + tan. im sure it will be a joke

Aggression
11-03-08, 11:53 am
I didn't know about this MADE episode. I always wondered when they were going to come out with MADE: I wanna be a bodybuilder. Now I know what I'm doing when I get home tonight. Hopefully I can ONDEMAND that episode, or at least find it somewhere on the internet.

Brutus_515
11-03-08, 11:58 am
shit atleast that kid did it...sure he bitched and complained but how many people would actually go through and do it...I know numerous people who actaully have the tools and know how" and still find away not to do it...this kid had no idea what he was doing...still jumped up there had a bit of confidence and hid his fear and did it.

musclealchemist
11-03-08, 12:49 pm
Well, I guess MTV has to start somewhere. The girl in the bio "Supersize She" would've been a better pick. This youngster complained to much for my liking. Here's a thought,

TRUE LIFE: I'm An Animal.

Ratings through the roof.

that would be the shittttttttttttttttt. That would actually be good programing on MTV, because all they show is crap on there now.

Factory
11-03-08, 12:53 pm
I didn't know about this MADE episode. I always wondered when they were going to come out with MADE: I wanna be a bodybuilder. Now I know what I'm doing when I get home tonight. Hopefully I can ONDEMAND that episode, or at least find it somewhere on the internet.

idk if you can get it yet, since it just came out, but mtv has the made episodes free to watch on their site,

bdb1513
11-03-08, 12:56 pm
that kid sure did bitch alot haha. at least he did get up on stage and posed...seemed like a big step for him. i never saw the true life bodybuilder one...but i hear it's pretty decent.