PDA

View Full Version : I Become TheBulkHalf

Pages : [1] 2

TheDarkHalf
11-02-08, 7:26 pm
Time to start bulking animals. I'm going to be doing a 5 day split and shall be applying DC principles to this split. I'll mainly be adding rest-pauses on my working sets and using DC stretches. I'd do the 3 days that DC calls for, but I personally enjoy working out 5 days a week. I'm going to be using an A week and B week schema. I have a serious problem with wanting to do too much in one workout, so the A week B week schema will help keep me from overtraining. I've got my supplements all ready to go (i'll outline those below, with my training splits). My diets fine and ready to roll. I'm not really setting a goal for weight gain, i'm looking more for what the mirror is going to say and progression through the log book. I will be starting this tomorrow - 11.03.08

Week A

Mon - Legs
Leg Extensions
Squats
SLDL
Standing Calf
Lying Leg Curls
Leg Press

Tues - Back
Deads
T-bar (in corner)
pullups
BB Rows
Lat Pulldown
Seated Row

Wed - Chest
Incline BB
Flat DB
Incline Flyes
DB Pullovers
Seated Calf

Thurs - Arms
BB Curls
DB Circuits
Cable Curls
Sitting Concentration Curls

Rope Pull Downs
Straight Bar Pressdowns
CGBP
Overhead Extensions

Fri - shoulders/traps
DB Press
Arnold Press
Laterals
Reverse Pec Dec

DB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Calf Machine Shrugs

Week B

Mon - Legs
Squats
Leg ext
Hack Squats
SLDL
Seated Leg Curls
Seated Calf

Tues - Back
Deads
T-bar (in corner)
Chins
DB Rows
V-bar pulldown
Standing Row

Wed - Chest
Flat BB
Incline DB
Flat Flies
Dips
Standing Calf

Thurs - Arms
BB Curls
DB Circuits
Preacher Curls
Standing Concentration Curls

Rope Pulldowns
One Arm Pressdowns
CGBP
DB Kickbacks

Fri - shoulders/traps
BB Press
Arnold Press
Laterals
Reverse Pec Dec

BB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Calf Machine Shrugs

Supplement Protocol -
Test - With a meal at least 1 hour prior to WO
Stak - pre-bed
Pump - PreWO with torrent
Nitro - 1 pack PWO, 1 pack pre-bed
Torrent (Torrent loading - 1 serving preWO, 2 servings intraWO)
Flex - With breakfast
Omega - before bed
Uniliver - 4 with each meal
Amino Tech - as directed
Melatonin and Off-brand ZMA
Gluatmine
EAA Nitro - On off day to make up for not taking nitro & torrent
EAA Stack - Not sure where i'll be throwing this in, might just use on off days
Whey & Casein

pmug0000
11-02-08, 8:13 pm
Eh I guess I'll follow along.

j/k you know I'm in.

Firedrake
11-02-08, 8:38 pm
Best of luck, bro! We'll keep watch and kick you in the ass when it gets "too heavy", and cheering the new PRs!

'drake

TheDarkHalf
11-03-08, 3:41 pm
Eh I guess I'll follow along.

j/k you know I'm in.

Thanks yah jackass =p

Best of luck, bro! We'll keep watch and kick you in the ass when it gets "too heavy", and cheering the new PRs!

'drake

Sounds good drake I wouldn't expect anything less

So I was analyzing my split today at work, and realized that i've set up deadlifting days back to back. So, i've decided to take SLDLs out and replace them with lunges. One week i'll do DB lunges, the other week i'll do BB lunges.

I think i'm also going to throw dips and take out CGBP for tri's on my B week, as well as take out concentration curls for Bi's and throw in incline seated DB curls

I wasn't liking the look of my shoulder day either. I like the way the traps part looks, but I feel like the shoulder A&B are just too similar. So i'm going to swap out arnolds on the B day and throw in bent presses instead.

Looking forward to getting my ass to the gym, tonight's workout is going to be serious!

TheDarkHalf
11-03-08, 7:15 pm
Extensions -
90x12
150x10
255x8
255x7 +4

ATG Squats -
135x15
185x10
225x8
275x5
295x2 +2
225x5
135x8

Leg Press -
2pps x15
3pps x10
4pps x8
5pps x4 +4

DB Lunges - My approach here is not to count reps. Instead i'll be counting distance. I have a certain distance that I did today and will use that as a benchmark for future lunges.
3 sets with 40s

Lying Leg Curl -
100x15
110x10
120x8 +5

Standing Calf -
135x12
195x9
255x6 +4

DC Ham and Quad stretch. Found a new and improved way to quad stretch today. Much easier to perform and allow for more stretching than the prescribed DC method.

Wrapped up with a light 8 min walk (all the bikes were taken) and left the gym. Today was awesome. I felt like a powerhouse in the gym today, and I accomplished the above in one hour. I was just in the zone and didn't even realize that I got so much done in one hour. Looking forward to seeing how this torrent loading works out, didn't phase me too much having all that in my stomach. Looking forward to tomorrow as well, i'm gonna fuckin kill it.

As for PRs, i'm sure they were up there - but i'm not counting this week or next week. In terms of PRs i'll only be comparing exercises from week A and week B - so there won't be a comparison till I hit week 3, which will be my 2nd round for the week A.

Firedrake
11-03-08, 8:04 pm
Woo HOO! Way to grow! Great looking baseline on leg day A!

pmug0000
11-03-08, 10:33 pm
That's insane to get all that done in an hour, between the short rests and the Torrent I'm sure your pump was through the roof. Good start to the bulk!

TheDarkHalf
11-03-08, 10:54 pm
Woo HOO! Way to grow! Great looking baseline on leg day A!

Thanks Drake! I felt really great about today and can't wait to start beating the logbook.

That's insane to get all that done in an hour, between the short rests and the Torrent I'm sure your pump was through the roof. Good start to the bulk!

I know right! Believe me I was in disbelief when I was all done and looked at the clock - I didn't look at it one single time while I was lifting.

TheDarkHalf
11-04-08, 7:21 pm
Pullups -
BW x10, x7, x6 +3 +1

T-Bar -
1 pie x20
2 pies x15
3 pies x8
4 pies x6 +3 +2
2 pies x12

Deads -
135x15
185x10
225x7
275x5
315x2 +1

Bent Over Rows (Double Overhand) -
135x12
155x9
175x7
185x5 +3

Lat Pulldowns (Double Overhand) -
L8x12
L9x10
L10x7 +5 +3

Seated Row w/straight bar -
L8x10
L9x7
L10x5 +2

DC Lat Stretch

I yet again, managed to get this all done in one hours time. I even felt like I was taking my time. Wasn't really rushing it. My legs are sore as fuck from yesterday and my back has a nice pump right now. So far i'm liking the way things are going!

Suleiman
11-04-08, 8:06 pm
Extensions -
90x12
150x10
255x8
255x7 +4

ATG Squats -
135x15
185x10
225x8
275x5
295x2 +2
225x5
135x8

Leg Press -
2pps x15
3pps x10
4pps x8
5pps x4 +4

DB Lunges - My approach here is not to count reps. Instead i'll be counting distance. I have a certain distance that I did today and will use that as a benchmark for future lunges.
3 sets with 40s

Lying Leg Curl -
100x15
110x10
120x8 +5

Standing Calf -
135x12
195x9
255x6 +4

DC Ham and Quad stretch. Found a new and improved way to quad stretch today. Much easier to perform and allow for more stretching than the prescribed DC method.

Wrapped up with a light 8 min walk (all the bikes were taken) and left the gym. Today was awesome. I felt like a powerhouse in the gym today, and I accomplished the above in one hour. I was just in the zone and didn't even realize that I got so much done in one hour. Looking forward to seeing how this torrent loading works out, didn't phase me too much having all that in my stomach. Looking forward to tomorrow as well, i'm gonna fuckin kill it.

As for PRs, i'm sure they were up there - but i'm not counting this week or next week. In terms of PRs i'll only be comparing exercises from week A and week B - so there won't be a comparison till I hit week 3, which will be my 2nd round for the week A.

why are you doing more weight on extension than on squats...squat is bulking exercise...extensions are isolation....????

TheDarkHalf
11-04-08, 8:44 pm
why are you doing more weight on extension than on squats...squat is bulking exercise...extensions are isolation....????

Hey Suleiman, thanks for dropping in! I like to use extensions both as my warm-up exercise and as a pre-exhaust for squats. Yes I agree with you, squats are definitely a bulking exercise and extensions are isolation - but try going all out on extensions and then head to squats right after that.....it gives me one hell of a burn, and I think will make you stronger on squats. I always like to get in at least one isolated exercise in before hitting a compound movement.

pmug0000
11-04-08, 10:52 pm
Another good one man I'm still amazed how fast you're getting your shit done. And that's gotta be rough doing deadlifts the day after legs, you still got some good weight on 'em though good work.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:04 am
Another good one man I'm still amazed how fast you're getting your shit done. And that's gotta be rough doing deadlifts the day after legs, you still got some good weight on 'em though good work.

Thanks man, i'm just as amazed as you are. You know the deadlifts weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. My legs were sore as fuck when I went to the gym (and they still are today!) - but once you start concentrating on the lift it's really easy to tune out everything else, both pain and outside distraction.

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:51 am
Let's see how your bulking goes with some DC principles thrown in there. I'm in bro. Let's get it done.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 11:05 am
Let's see how your bulking goes with some DC principles thrown in there. I'm in bro. Let's get it done.

Oh yeaahhhhhh! Warp Speed Mr. Sulu!!

Aggression
11-05-08, 2:49 pm
Hey Suleiman, thanks for dropping in! I like to use extensions both as my warm-up exercise and as a pre-exhaust for squats. Yes I agree with you, squats are definitely a bulking exercise and extensions are isolation - but try going all out on extensions and then head to squats right after that.....it gives me one hell of a burn, and I think will make you stronger on squats. I always like to get in at least one isolated exercise in before hitting a compound movement.

I used to do the same thing when training legs. I like to give my legs a solid warmup before heading over to the squat rack

Aggression
11-05-08, 5:13 pm
Hey bro just a quick question, why are you loading with Torrent?

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 5:21 pm
Incline BB -
135x10
155x8
185x6
225x3 +1

Flat DB -
50x10
60x8
70x6
80x6 +3 +3

Incline Flies -
35x10
40x8
45x6
50x6 +6 +5

DB Pullovers -
60x10
65x8
70x6 +6 +6

Seated Calf -
1 pie x12
2 pies x8
3 pies x5 +3

Forgot to DC chest stretch at the gym, but did it when I got to my apt.

All-in-All, outside of that 225 set on incline - everything else was straight up easy, both weight wise and rep wise.

Firedrake
11-05-08, 6:10 pm
Good looking work! Now, how are you changing your diet for mass?

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:02 pm
Hey bro just a quick question, why are you loading with Torrent?

Well we all know that when you work out, our body produces cortisol which is a catabolic hormone. One of the known ways to shunt the release of cortisol is by spiking your insulin. So not only having my insulin amped around my work keeps the cortisol away, but it also shuttles all of that glycogen, protein, and all that other good stuff in torrent straight to my muscles when it needs it most. Also, all those extra carbs around my workout gives me one hell of a pump. The greater the pump you have, the greater muscle growth you are going to see since you are expanding the fascia. I've talked to a few senior members on here about torrent loading, and all have seeing great gains while using the loading method.

Good looking work! Now, how are you changing your diet for mass?

Thanks drake. Aight I definitely switched things up a bit. I'm not really counting much of anything. I mean I'm not writing things down and being nitty gritty, but however I just keep a ballpark figure in my head of what i'm eating during the day. The only thing I may ever count right now is protein, and I make sure that I get atleast 400g per day if not more. In terms of carbs, my main sources during the day have been brown rice, black beans, and whole wheat bread. And the carbs from torrent of course. All my meals before my workout are pro/carb, and after my lift I cut carbs completely (with the exception of those that occur in the Powerbutter and skim milk [milk has a GI of 32]). My meals after lifting then transition to meals that are protein/fats.

pmug0000
11-05-08, 10:04 pm
Good shit man.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:09 pm
Good shit man.

Thanks man!

TheDarkHalf
11-06-08, 5:26 pm
BB Curls -
Barx20
55x15
65x10
75x8 +5 +5

My DB Circuits -
20 lbs - finished phase 1, 2, 3
25 lbs - finished phase 1, 2, 3
25 lbs - finished phase 1, was weak going into phases 2 & 3, not nearly as strong as the previous 2 & 3

Standing Cable Curls -
L6x13
L7x9
L8x6 +4 +3

Sitting Concentration Curls -
L2x15
L3x10
L4x8
L5x5 +3

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldowns -
L6x13
L7x10
L8x7
L9x5 +4 +3

Straight Bar Pressdowns -
L6x13
L7x10
L8x8
L9x6 +6 +5

CGBP -
135x9
145x7
155x5 +3 +2

OH Extensions (two hands) -
35x12
40x10
45x8
60x6 +4 +3

DC Triceps Stretch

I decided to go ahead and throw in some forearms and abs since I had the time.

DB Wrist Curls -
30x15
35x12
40x8

Did two sets of this non-weighted ab circuit I usually do and then hit the weighted ab machine for 35x15, 50x10, 65x8 +8 +8

I know this looks like a lot, but it really wasn't. I probably could have done much more on the weight side of things, but i'm slowing things down to avoid plateauing too soon. Got it all done in between an hour and an hour and fifteen mins.

Firedrake
11-06-08, 5:28 pm
It looks like good work, nonetheless.

Lord, I -hate- DC Biceps stretches (well, I hate to do them, but I love what they do)

'drake

TheDarkHalf
11-06-08, 10:33 pm
It looks like good work, nonetheless.

Lord, I -hate- DC Biceps stretches (well, I hate to do them, but I love what they do)

'drake

Thanks bro. The workout was relatively smooth, and I got it all done in an hour (with the inclusion of the abs and wrist curls).

But yea man I hate the Biceps stretches as well......they are so painful, but yet it feels so great at the same time.

pmug0000
11-06-08, 10:56 pm
LOL how is that not really a lot? I like that volume I bet your arms were looking huge! I need to take a page out of your book on speeding up the workouts, mine are starting to take way too long...

TheDarkHalf
11-07-08, 9:35 am
LOL how is that not really a lot? I like that volume I bet your arms were looking huge! I need to take a page out of your book on speeding up the workouts, mine are starting to take way too long...

Maybe you should try setting a time limit, and going in there with a set amount of exercises. Once your time limit is reached, that's it. Pick up, and go home. If you didn't get to some exercises, too bad. I'd be pissed if I didn't get everything done, and it would really fuel my workout the next time I got to that body part.

Aggression
11-07-08, 9:42 am
Maybe you should try setting a time limit, and going in there with a set amount of exercises. Once your time limit is reached, that's it. Pick up, and go home. If you didn't get to some exercises, too bad. I'd be pissed if I didn't get everything done, and it would really fuel my workout the next time I got to that body part.

I don't necessarily set time limits, but I aim to be in and out within an 1:15 tops. Some days I get in, bang shit out and leave, other days, my intensity is still the same, yet i'll slow down a bit. it all depends upon the day. sometimes people ask u for advice, sometimes friends are in there the same time, etc. I usually save that for the end. I'll blast thru my workout, and then bullsh*t with people there (while i'm throwing down my Nitro of course)

I'm just glad to be done dieting. Now its 'bang the weights and go home', instead of 'bang the weights and then sludge thru 30min cardio'' haha. man im glad thats over.

TheDarkHalf
11-07-08, 6:34 pm
I'm just glad to be done dieting. Now its 'bang the weights and go home', instead of 'bang the weights and then sludge thru 30min cardio'' haha. man im glad thats over.

No Shit Bro! X2!

DB Press
40x13
50x9
60x7
70x4 +1

Standing Arnold Press -
30x8
35x9
40x8
45x5 +3 +1

Laterals -
L2x12
L3x10
L4x5 +3 +1

Reverse Pec Dec -
90x19
105x11
120x6 +4 +3

DB Shrugs -
70x15
80x14
90x12 +6 +5

Upright Rows -
60x15
70x8
80x6 +4 +3

Calf Machine Shrugs -
115x15
135x15
175x8 +5 +3

DC Shoulder Stretch

Today was the first day i've lifted shoulders in exactly two weeks. I can tell that I definitely lost some strength in that area as I was struggling with the 70lb DBs on my first exercise. I used to just do sets of 70s for reps no problem. But no worries, I expect to go beyond that soon! I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 215! What I want to get up to I have no idea, we'll just see where it goes!

pmug0000
11-07-08, 10:26 pm
Good w.o. I'm sure you'll see some huge gains in strength over the next few weeks. And didn't you finish your cut below 200lbs.? How the fuck are you at 215 already???

TheDarkHalf
11-08-08, 11:58 am
Good w.o. I'm sure you'll see some huge gains in strength over the next few weeks. And didn't you finish your cut below 200lbs.? How the fuck are you at 215 already???

Well I think it's a combination of an increase of cals over the past four weeks along with that double dose of m-stak that I finished up with as well.

TheDarkHalf
11-10-08, 7:39 pm
Woke up with food poisoning today, went to work and it was a shitstorm. Somehow managed to blast this WO out in a hour. And yes I still feel like shit.

Leg Extensions-
115x20
165x15
255x9
255x5 +4
165x12

ATG Squats-
135x20
185x12
225x10
275x5
295x3 +2
225x8
135x10

BB Lunges -
95 x down one direction
95 x back the same direction
105 x down one direction

Plate Loaded Hack Squats -
1 pps x12
1 pps + 25 x10
2 pps x7 +4 +3

Seated Leg Curls -
70x18
90x12
110x6 +4 +3

Seated Calf Raise-
1 plate x20
2 plates x12
2 plates +25 x7 +5

Did about 5mins on the bike and then realized I had forgotten to do my DC quad & ham stretch, so I did those and left the gym.

Firedrake
11-10-08, 8:38 pm
Amazing work for someone not up to snuff -- what is it with food poisoning this week? That's two . . .

TheDarkHalf
11-10-08, 10:14 pm
Amazing work for someone not up to snuff -- what is it with food poisoning this week? That's two . . .

Thanks bro, however it was probably my own fault......that steak I ate last night was a little on the pink side. Who else had food poisoning?

pmug0000
11-10-08, 10:59 pm
That would be a good workout even if you were feeling 100%, the fact you did with food poisoning just makes you even more badass! lol Seriously tho that sucks man I hope it clears up soon.

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 9:43 am
That would be a good workout even if you were feeling 100%, the fact you did with food poisoning just makes you even more badass! lol Seriously tho that sucks man I hope it clears up soon.

Yea man it was rough. I'm feeling much better today and I'm pretty positive it's gone. I've had food poisoning two other times - every time it's lasted about 24 hours.

Aggression
11-11-08, 9:43 am
Way to hit them legs up bro. Always glad to see people puttin' in the work with legs. I'm tired of seeing these so-called ''hardcore bodybuilders'' with huge upper bodies and sticks for legs. Good work man. Make dem legs grow into beasts

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 9:46 am
Way to hit them legs up bro. Always glad to see people puttin' in the work with legs. I'm tired of seeing these so-called ''hardcore bodybuilders'' with huge upper bodies and sticks for legs. Good work man. Make dem legs grow into beasts

Haha thanks man and I totally agree with you. Too often do I see guys at the gym that are just massive up top, but have chicken legs on the bottom. Pounding your legs helps release that GH, and besides....chicks dig a dude with an ass.

Aggression
11-11-08, 9:51 am
Haha thanks man and I totally agree with you. Too often do I see guys at the gym that are just massive up top, but have chicken legs on the bottom. Pounding your legs helps release that GH, and besides....chicks dig a dude with an ass.

HaHa, funny u said that, I just had a girl tell me last night that my ass is one of the best parts of me haha. Personally I prefer to have some big legs (mine will get there), as well as calves. Nothings better than rocking shorts in the summer with some calves exploding out of the bottom. That's what separates the men from the boys.

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 7:35 pm
HaHa, funny u said that, I just had a girl tell me last night that my ass is one of the best parts of me haha. Personally I prefer to have some big legs (mine will get there), as well as calves. Nothings better than rocking shorts in the summer with some calves exploding out of the bottom. That's what separates the men from the boys.

Absolutely!

Chins -
BW x10, x8, x6 +4 +2

T-Bar -
1p +25 x20
2p x15
2p +25 x10
3p x9
3p +25 x7 +5

DB Rows -
60x15
70x12
80x9 +4

Deadlifts - (first time doing these no belt and no straps, however I may throw the belt on in the future as the weight continues to climb - I still feel that my lower back is not 100%)
145x15
185x12
225x10
275x7
315x4 +2
325x2 +1

V-Bar Pulldowns -
L6x15
L8x10
L10x5 +4
(thought that my weight jumps were a little much, I may tone this down or keep it the same i'll just have to see how this shakes out in two weeks)

Standing Cable Row w/straight bar -
L11x13
L13x10
L15x9 +5

DC Lat Stretch

Did two of my ab circuits then hit weighted ab machine...
50x15
60x12
80x10

That's about all folks. Popped my nitro and left the gym.

pmug0000
11-11-08, 10:28 pm
Nice job on those deads, no straps no belt is what I like to hear! Solid numbers too, especially since it was your first time doing them without a belt.

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 11:22 pm
Nice job on those deads, no straps no belt is what I like to hear! Solid numbers too, especially since it was your first time doing them without a belt.

Thanks bro - I felt great plowing through my deads like that.

Firedrake
11-11-08, 11:26 pm
That's some excellent back work! Those deads must have been a real challenge!

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 9:48 am
That's some excellent back work! Those deads must have been a real challenge!

Thank you sir! Looking back on yesterday's WO, they really weren't that bad. I think i'm almost to the point where I can cut of the training wheels (straps & belt) and be fine. I'm just going to proceed cautiously however, because I am not interested in hurting my lower back again.

Aggression
11-12-08, 9:55 am
Nice work bud. The feeling of pulling weight like that with no straps or belt is definitely gratifying. I was in love with my straps/belt when I started, you wouldn't find me without them. I'd use them in chest exercises, arms, w/e. Now I try to avoid them as much as possible. Only on the heavy sets of back, shrugs, etc. Forearms exploded!

Keep it up bro.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 5:29 pm
Nice work bud. The feeling of pulling weight like that with no straps or belt is definitely gratifying. I was in love with my straps/belt when I started, you wouldn't find me without them. I'd use them in chest exercises, arms, w/e. Now I try to avoid them as much as possible. Only on the heavy sets of back, shrugs, etc. Forearms exploded!

Keep it up bro.

Yea i mainly got my straps and belt for back day and squatting because of the bad back. I slipped a disc a while ago when I was doing good mornings. Worked up to 205, and went for an extra rep and shouldn't have. Ah well, live and learn.

Today was chest...

Flat BB -
135x15
225x9
250x5
275x3 +2 *had help on that last rest pause rep
205x8

Incline DB -
55x12
60x9
70x8
75x6 +3

Flat Flies -
40x13
45x10
50x8
55x6 +3

DC Chest Stretched here, and only because the dip bars were being hogged

Dips -
BW x7, x7, x6 +1 (I was pissed these sucked so bad)

Standing Calf -
175x15
235x9
295x7 +4

Had time to throw in some forearms so I did....

BTB BB Wrist Curls - (never done these before, so I preceded cautiously)
30x15
50x15
70x13

Went home, popped my nitro and slammed a shake.

pmug0000
11-12-08, 6:40 pm
Damn dude that is some strong benching! And your dips are def not gonna be as good if you do them after the DC stretch, that'll take all your strength away.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 8:17 pm
Damn dude that is some strong benching! And your dips are def not gonna be as good if you do them after the DC stretch, that'll take all your strength away.

That's what I figured, but I make no excuses. If it sucks, it sucks and i'll kick the shit out of it the next time I do dips.

Firedrake
11-12-08, 8:28 pm
Sounds good, bro -- nice benching, and the dips will come the more you practice them.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 9:34 pm
Sounds good, bro -- nice benching, and the dips will come the more you practice them.

Thanks drake. At least I know I won't be stalling out on dips any time soon!

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 9:50 pm
Just wanted to post this up for you all, I welcome all comments and criticisms.

Here's how my diet has been looking......

Meal 1 - 1 c. oats, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 2 tbsp dried egg whites, 25g whey, 16 oz skim (pak, flex)
Meal 2 - 2 tbsp dried egg whites, 25g whey, 1/2 c. brown rice
Meal 3 - two pieces of whole wheat toast, two cans tuna, 10 carrots, 1/2 c. black beans
Meal 4 - 8 oz chicken breast, 1/2 c. black beans, 10 carrots
Meal 5 - 8 oz red meat, 1/4 c. brown rice, 1/4 c. black beans (test)

WO - 1 serving torrent and pump pre , 2 servings torrent intra

25g whey with 16oz skim and nitro PWO

Meal 6 - 4 whole eggs, 8 oz red meat, as much green beans I can handle
Meal 7 - 25g casein, 4 tbsp powerbutter, 3 tbsp dried egg whites, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 16 oz skim (omega)

Stak and Nitro and I jump into bed

4 uniliver with every meal

=================

I'm thinking about swapping out brown rice and switching to nothing but black beans. Found out that brown rice has a GI of 55 whereas black beans have a GI of 30 and contain more fiber and protein.

pmug0000
11-12-08, 10:27 pm
Diet looks good man. I'd keep the brown rice, or switch some of it out for sweet potatoes, but don't switch it out for more beans. IMO you need those complex carbs for muscle glycogen and beans won't be a good substitute.

And I've read that you don't want a lot of fat PWO, something about decreasing the rise in GH, so I don't know if those whole eggs at meal 6 are a good idea. I'd switch the whole eggs to meal 7 and the egg white powder to meal 6, but that's just me. If you like it the way it is then stick with it.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 11:58 pm
Diet looks good man. I'd keep the brown rice, or switch some of it out for sweet potatoes, but don't switch it out for more beans. IMO you need those complex carbs for muscle glycogen and beans won't be a good substitute.

And I've read that you don't want a lot of fat PWO, something about decreasing the rise in GH, so I don't know if those whole eggs at meal 6 are a good idea. I'd switch the whole eggs to meal 7 and the egg white powder to meal 6, but that's just me. If you like it the way it is then stick with it.

Beans are a complex carbohydrate....

1/2 of black beans yields....
160 cal
0g fat
21g carb
7g fiber
8g protein

Care to explain why you think beans aren't a good substitute? looking at their macro profile I find them to be much better than rice.

I'm trying to space the timing between test and my fats out as much as I can because test and fats/omegas don't get along. Also, (if you didn't notice) - I cut my carbs entirely after my WO - mainly because at the point I feel like i've had enough and my body likes to pack on water from carbs. Keep in mind eggs also have all the 21 or 22 amino acids that your body needs and the bioavailability of eggs are 2nd only to whey protein.

pmug0000
11-13-08, 1:28 am
Beans are a complex carbohydrate....

1/2 of black beans yields....
160 cal
0g fat
21g carb
7g fiber
8g protein

Care to explain why you think beans aren't a good substitute? looking at their macro profile I find them to be much better than rice.

I don't know I just don't feel like the carbs in beans are the same as grains and potatoes. They seem more like a fibrous carb/ vegetable than a starchy carb, and won't be stored as efficiently as glycogen. On the other hand having beans as your main source of carbs instead of rice will prob keep you leaner. If you want to stick with beans go for it, I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything like that. See how it goes. If you gain quality weight stick with it. If you're not gaining at the pace you think you should then switch it up.

TheDarkHalf
11-13-08, 12:40 pm
I don't know I just don't feel like the carbs in beans are the same as grains and potatoes. They seem more like a fibrous carb/ vegetable than a starchy carb, and won't be stored as efficiently as glycogen. On the other hand having beans as your main source of carbs instead of rice will prob keep you leaner. If you want to stick with beans go for it, I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything like that. See how it goes. If you gain quality weight stick with it. If you're not gaining at the pace you think you should then switch it up.

Right on - I know you weren't trying to talk me out of anything, I just wanted to pick your brain.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 10:01 am
BB Curls -
Bar x20
55x17
65x13
75x10
85x6 +4

DB Circuit -
1 circuit at 20, then 25, then 30, then 20

Preacher Curls -
Bar x20
35 x15
45 x10
55 x4 +4

Incline DB Curls -
I didn't even count these, I hated them. I wasn't pissed at the weight which was fine, I just simply did not like this exercise. I need to find something to take it's spot for the next B week.

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldowns -
L6x20
L7x14
L8x10
L9x7 +4 +3

One Arm Pressdowns -
L2x16
L3x12
L4x8
L5x6 +4

CGBP -
135x10
155x8
175x4 +3

DB Kickbacks -
20x15
25x15
30x12

DC Triceps Stretch

Did two of my ab circuits, 20 reps of nonweighted knee raises, then went and hit the weighted ab machine for 50x15, 65x15, 80x12

I think i'm going to take CGBP out of this B week and switch it for Dips. Other than that, looking at my numbers this week I feel like next week i'm going to turn things up a notch.

Aggression
11-14-08, 10:39 am
Yo Bulk, how's the training going with the DC technique thrown in there? Seems like you're having some pretty strong workouts bro.

pmug0000
11-14-08, 10:49 am
Good job with arms man you put a lot of work in there. One thing you could switch out the incline curls for is low cable curls, I love those things and they give me a huge pump. You'd need to cable handles and get in the same position you would for cross-unders, then curl up and in. They're great for doing dropsets and static holds right before you do the DC stretch.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 12:37 pm
Yo Bulk, how's the training going with the DC technique thrown in there? Seems like you're having some pretty strong workouts bro.

It's been going great, although I have put on some size in my gut (water weight). I've been eating like a horse and cleanly as well, however I think the majority of my water weight has came from the carbs (or maybe the pitchers of beer i've been drinking on friday and saturday) i've been eating so i'm going to be switching things up a bit. But I do feel like i've also been putting on some size where it counts as well, so it's all good.

Thanks man my WOs have been great, I'm ready to start turning up the weights i've been holding myself back a bit.

Good job with arms man you put a lot of work in there. One thing you could switch out the incline curls for is low cable curls, I love those things and they give me a huge pump. You'd need to cable handles and get in the same position you would for cross-unders, then curl up and in. They're great for doing dropsets and static holds right before you do the DC stretch.

Thanks bro, and yeah i'll definitely have to give that a shot.

Aggression
11-14-08, 12:47 pm
It's been going great, although I have put on some size in my gut (water weight). I've been eating like a horse and cleanly as well, however I think the majority of my water weight has came from the carbs (or maybe the pitchers of beer i've been drinking on friday and saturday) i've been eating so i'm going to be switching things up a bit. But I do feel like i've also been putting on some size where it counts as well, so it's all good.

Thanks man my WOs have been great, I'm ready to start turning up the weights i've been holding myself back a bit.

HaHa yeah the beer most likely has an effect on it. Turn it up next week bro. I'm also going a bit light for now until I get back into the swing of things. I took 2 weeks off, so I'm letting my body adjust. Tonight, which will be my third workout for chest/shouders/etc, I'm going to kick it into high gear. I figure two full workouts getting back into it is enough: time to kill.

Aggression
11-14-08, 12:48 pm
It's been going great, although I have put on some size in my gut (water weight)

Make sure you're drinking a sh*t-ton of water bro. That will definitely help you from feeling overly bloated. Take down at least a gallon/day. I used to get real bloated and I used to walk around with a heavy gut during bulk, but this time around I'm making sure I get at least a gallon of water/day and its helped a lot.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 1:16 pm
Make sure you're drinking a sh*t-ton of water bro. That will definitely help you from feeling overly bloated. Take down at least a gallon/day. I used to get real bloated and I used to walk around with a heavy gut during bulk, but this time around I'm making sure I get at least a gallon of water/day and its helped a lot.

Yea I am doing that, I get at least a gallon if not two per day. It's only in my gut, it hasn't hit my face or anything else which is why I believe it's just water weight and not fat gain. But then again I could be wrong.

Aggression
11-14-08, 2:49 pm
Yea I am doing that, I get at least a gallon if not two per day. It's only in my gut, it hasn't hit my face or anything else which is why I believe it's just water weight and not fat gain. But then again I could be wrong.

You have to figure out what's causing it man. Could be a certain carb you're eating. Could be a product you're taking. Trial-and-error bro. Maybe you're eating too much at once? It's all about figuring out your body.

Aggression
11-14-08, 2:50 pm
Or you could just disregard it, and worry about it when its time to cut??

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 3:11 pm
Or you could just disregard it, and worry about it when its time to cut??

Yea I know I want to know the cause of it as well! I'm going to cut out the rice i've been eating and switch to beans. Beans have more fiber, more protein, and a little less carbs than rice. I didn't realize brown rice could be so glycemic (GI of 55). I'll still be eating my oats in the morning and whole wheat bread (http://arnold.gwbakeries.com/subcat.cfm/subcatId/133). My only other carb sources would be those from milk and those that naturally occur in peanut butter.

My protein sources include various red meats (steak, hamburger, pork), chicken, fish (tuna, salmon, catfish, etc), turkey, whey protein, casein protein, uniliver

My fat sources have primarily been red meats, whole eggs, powerbutter, and olive oil.

I also get some fiber in with just about every meal. A rough estimate would be about 40-50g a day.

Firedrake
11-14-08, 3:51 pm
Since I'm not losing the weight I should be, Rage just took my carbs down to 100 per day, and limited me basically to oatmeal and sweet potatoes, and is taking away my red meat for now. Now, what may be happening is major body recomposition, but we won't really know till my next hydrostatic weigh in some time in December. Oh, yeah -- and I'm going up to an hour a day on cardio. Six days a week. Whee . . .

Aggression
11-14-08, 3:57 pm
Yea I know I want to know the cause of it as well! I'm going to cut out the rice i've been eating and switch to beans. Beans have more fiber, more protein, and a little less carbs than rice. I didn't realize brown rice could be so glycemic (GI of 55). I'll still be eating my oats in the morning and whole wheat bread (http://arnold.gwbakeries.com/subcat.cfm/subcatId/133). My only other carb sources would be those from milk and those that naturally occur in peanut butter.

My protein sources include various red meats (steak, hamburger, pork), chicken, fish (tuna, salmon, catfish, etc), turkey, whey protein, casein protein, uniliver

My fat sources have primarily been red meats, whole eggs, powerbutter, and olive oil.

I also get some fiber in with just about every meal. A rough estimate would be about 40-50g a day.

dude it might be the milk! I would always get bloated off a lot of dairy, mainly milk. I drink my shakes with water now and it's helped tremendously. I'd say try the milk out soon too.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 4:23 pm
Since I'm not losing the weight I should be, Rage just took my carbs down to 100 per day, and limited me basically to oatmeal and sweet potatoes, and is taking away my red meat for now. Now, what may be happening is major body recomposition, but we won't really know till my next hydrostatic weigh in some time in December. Oh, yeah -- and I'm going up to an hour a day on cardio. Six days a week. Whee . . .

Yea that's a good plan, I was at the 100 carb per day mark when I was cutting. Worked wonders. At the end of my cut I was doing two sessions of cardio per day 30 mins a piece.

dude it might be the milk! I would always get bloated off a lot of dairy, mainly milk. I drink my shakes with water now and it's helped tremendously. I'd say try the milk out soon too.

Really? Yea while I was cutting I cut out dairy completely. I'll phase out the rice first and wait about two weeks and see if the gut calms down at all. If I don't see any change after that, then i'll cut the milk for two weeks and see what happens. What do you suggest as an alternative to the protein i'll be missing out on, just more whole foods?

Aggression
11-14-08, 4:36 pm
Really? Yea while I was cutting I cut out dairy completely. I'll phase out the rice first and wait about two weeks and see if the gut calms down at all. If I don't see any change after that, then i'll cut the milk for two weeks and see what happens. What do you suggest as an alternative to the protein i'll be missing out on, just more whole foods?

Well how much milk are you drinking? I avoided milk for a while, especially during my diet. I just started adding milk back into my diet for the extra calories and protein, but its only 16oz a day right now. I would say just more whole foods would be the alternative, peanut butter, whole grain pasta (7g protein/serving), things like that I would guess....

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 6:12 pm
Well how much milk are you drinking? I avoided milk for a while, especially during my diet. I just started adding milk back into my diet for the extra calories and protein, but its only 16oz a day right now. I would say just more whole foods would be the alternative, peanut butter, whole grain pasta (7g protein/serving), things like that I would guess....

I'm drinking 48oz of milk a day - 16oz in the morning, 16oz PWO, 16oz before bed. I didn't drink milk at all during my cut - I also eat a half cup of cottage cheese during the day as well.

I'm iffy on the whole pasta thing....I'm not sure if that's a good trade - I mean milk has a GI of 30 and the pasta has a GI of something around 37. Maybe it's the sugars in milk that are getting me. But i'm definitely cutting the rice first since it has a much higher GI than both of those.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 6:35 pm
Standing BB Press -
Bar x a lot
95x15
105x12
115x8
125x6+4

BB Bent Press - (This was hard as fuck!)
Bar x10
55 x7
60 x4 +3

Actually I was doing these wrong, I just looked it up. I'll have to fix this for the next round. They were still hard as fuck none the less.

Cable Laterals -
L2x15
L3x10
L4x7 +2

Reverse Pec Dec -
105x20
120x12
135x8
150x5 +3

BB Shrugs -
135x20
185x15
225x12
250x5 +4

Upright BB Rows -
Bar x20
55x15
65x12
75x8
85x6 +4

Calf Machine Shrugs -
155x16
255x10
275x9 +5

DC Delt Stretch

Firedrake
11-14-08, 8:38 pm
Hmm . . . looks like I need to step up my game after that session . . . good work!

pmug0000
11-14-08, 8:38 pm
I see you did rest-pause for each exercise, nice work!

TheDarkHalf
11-15-08, 2:20 am
Hmm . . . looks like I need to step up my game after that session . . . good work!

Haha Actually it is I who needs to step up my game - I just didn't want to jump into the weights too fast. I want to smash all my numbers from my last journey and I had some good numbers in there.

I see you did rest-pause for each exercise, nice work!

Thanks man my shoulders have an all around pump now - and i'm 8 hours PWO!

TheDarkHalf
11-17-08, 8:55 pm
Extensions -
105x15 PR
165x10 PR
225x10 PR
262.5 x7 +4 PR

Leg Press -
2 pps x10
3 pps x10
4 pps x10 PR
5 pps x8 PR
6 pps x6 PR
7 pps x4 PR
(no rest pause here, I had someone working in and I didn't feel like trying to explain how my last set was going to work)

Squats -
155x12 PR
185x10
225x10 PR
275x6 PR
315x3 PR
225x6 drop to 135x8 PR

DB Lunges -
1 set at 35
1 set at 40
1 set at 45 PR

Standing Calf Raises -
195x15 PR
255x10 PR
315x6 +4 PR

Lying Leg Curls
100x12
110x10
120x8
130x6 +3 PR

DC Quad and Ham stretch

Rocked all this out in an hour and went home.

pmug0000
11-17-08, 10:44 pm
Damn that's a lot of PR's, you've got me beat today! You did say you were gonna start to turn things up, you def came through on that! And how did you keep all that Torrent down, if I did that workout in an hour I think I'd puke.

Speaking of puke, that reminds me of something funny that happened today. I've been eating more and drinking a lot of milk, so I've felt stuffed for the past few days. Today after I ate a meal I decided floss because I had all kinds of shit stuck in my teeth, and while I was flossing I burp-puked all over myself! I lol'ed it was awful

Firedrake
11-17-08, 10:46 pm
Damn, that's a nice leg day!

TheDarkHalf
11-17-08, 11:49 pm
Damn that's a lot of PR's, you've got me beat today! You did say you were gonna start to turn things up, you def came through on that! And how did you keep all that Torrent down, if I did that workout in an hour I think I'd puke.
Speaking of puke, that reminds me of something funny that happened today. I've been eating more and drinking a lot of milk, so I've felt stuffed for the past few days. Today after I ate a meal I decided floss because I had all kinds of shit stuck in my teeth, and while I was flossing I burp-puked all over myself! I lol'ed it was awful

HAHAHAHAHA. That's a great story bro. To be honest, I was ready to let lose right after those DB lunges. It was pretty rough, but I kept all that torrent in my stomach.

Damn, that's a nice leg day!

Thanks drake I have a feeling walking is gonna be a biatch tomorrow

Aggression
11-18-08, 9:39 am
Extensions -
105x15 PR
165x10 PR
225x10 PR
262.5 x7 +4 PR

Leg Press -
2 pps x10
3 pps x10
4 pps x10 PR
5 pps x8 PR
6 pps x6 PR
7 pps x4 PR
(no rest pause here, I had someone working in and I didn't feel like trying to explain how my last set was going to work)

Squats -
155x12 PR
185x10
225x10 PR
275x6 PR
315x3 PR
225x6 drop to 135x8 PR

DB Lunges -
1 set at 35
1 set at 40
1 set at 45 PR

Standing Calf Raises -
195x15 PR
255x10 PR
315x6 +4 PR

Lying Leg Curls
100x12
110x10
120x8
130x6 +3 PR

DC Quad and Ham stretch

Rocked all this out in an hour and went home.

That's a pretty brutal leg workout to blast through in an hour, niCe work man.

TheDarkHalf
11-18-08, 9:45 am
That's a pretty brutal leg workout to blast through in an hour, niCe work man.

Thanks bro. I feel that it's necessary to keep the weights moving (especially when trying to add mass)- the faster you move them, the more blood you pump into your muscles, and the more blood that gets pumped into your muscles means the fascia gets stretched and growth occurs!

Aggression
11-18-08, 10:04 am
Thanks bro. I feel that it's necessary to keep the weights moving (especially when trying to add mass)- the faster you move them, the more blood you pump into your muscles, and the more blood that gets pumped into your muscles means the fascia gets stretched and growth occurs!

That sounds about right ....

TheDarkHalf
11-18-08, 7:34 pm
Pullups -
BWx9
5x6 PR
5x5 +3 PR
(looks like I got some work to do here!)

T-Bar -
2 pies x20 PR
2 pies & 25 x13 PR
3 pies x10 PR
3 pies & 25 x8 PR
4 pies x4 +3

Deadlifts -
155x15 PR
195x10 PR
235x8 PR
285x5 PR
325x3 +1.5 (couldn't quite lock out that second SOB) PR

Bent Over Rows -
135x16 PR
165x10 PR
185x8 PR
195x5 +3 PR

Lat Pulldown -
L9 x13 PR
L10 x8 PR
L11 x7 +3 PR

Seated Row -
L9 x10 PR
L10 x8 PR
L11 x7 +3 PR

Rocked this out in under an hour - had some time to kill so I did some abs

2x nonweighted ab circuit

Was gonna do some knee raises but I didn't feel like waiting around, so I moved on to...

Weighted Ab Machine -
65x20 PR
80x15 PR
95x12 PR, x10 PR

pmug0000
11-19-08, 10:44 am
Damn is that a PR on every set? That's crazy keep that shit up!

TheDarkHalf
11-19-08, 10:50 am
Damn is that a PR on every set? That's crazy keep that shit up!

Yea on all but two! I'm really not concerned about whether or not it was for reps or for weight - a PR is a PR.

I failed to make a general note that i'll be using the previous A week as a comparison for PRs, and i'll do the same thing on a B week, regardless of whether or not I do the same exercise two weeks in a row. So for example when I do deads next tuesday, I'll compare them to the numbers I had two weeks prior, instead of just the week prior.

TheDarkHalf
11-19-08, 5:31 pm
Incline BB -
145x11 PR
165x10 PR
195x7 PR
235x7 PR

Flat DB -
55x12 PR
65x10 PR
75x6 PR
80x4 +3

Incline Flies -
40x12 PR
45x9 PR
50x7 PR
55x8 +4 PR

DB Pullovers -
65x12 PR
70x10 PR
75x7 +3 PR

Seated Calf Raise -
2 pies x10 PR
2 pies & 25 x10 PR
3 pies x7 +3 PR

Had some time to kill so I threw in some forearm work....

DB Wrist Curls -
40x15 PR
45x12 PR
50x6 +4 PR

LiftBig315
11-19-08, 7:02 pm
Keep at it with all the PRs man, thanks for checkin out my journey as well.

Firedrake
11-19-08, 7:42 pm
REALLY nice work -- you're definitely headed in the right direction!

pmug0000
11-19-08, 10:28 pm
Too bad you didn't get any PR's tonight...

TheDarkHalf
11-19-08, 10:52 pm
Keep at it with all the PRs man, thanks for checkin out my journey as well.

Thanks bro will do! No prob man i'm happy to read your journey thanks for checking in on mine.

REALLY nice work -- you're definitely headed in the right direction!

Thanks drake my workouts have been amazing this week

Too bad you didn't get any PR's tonight...

Hahah yea tell me about it....

TheDarkHalf
11-19-08, 11:23 pm
Failed to mention in the above workout that I DC chest stretched with 60s. That is all.

Aggression
11-20-08, 9:52 am
Good shit bro. I'm switching up my workouts, going back to basics like you. I'll be doing the DC stretching and some R/P sets, but I gotta do what I enjoy doing, and that's more of a traditional workout regime. Time to catch up to you bro ... get it done.

TheDarkHalf
11-20-08, 9:57 am
Good shit bro. I'm switching up my workouts, going back to basics like you. I'll be doing the DC stretching and some R/P sets, but I gotta do what I enjoy doing, and that's more of a traditional workout regime. Time to catch up to you bro ... get it done.

That's cool man, and I think that's best. I'm really enjoying my routine that I came up for myself, and you should be enjoying your routine as well. That's a really good method for success.

TheDarkHalf
11-20-08, 5:33 pm
BB Curls -
Bar x25 PR
60 x15 PR
70 x10 PR
80 x8 +6 +5 PR

DB Circuits -
Circuit w/ 25s, then 30s, then back to 25s
PR for Circuit

Standing Cable Curls -
L7x14 PR
L8x10 PR
L9x6 +4 PR

Sitting Cable Concentration Curls -
L2x20 PR
L3x13 PR
L4x9 PR
L5x6 +3 PR

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldown -
L6x20 PR
L7x13 PR
L8x8 PR
L9x6 +4 +3 PR

Straight Bar Pressdown -
L6x17 PR
L7x13 PR
L8x10 PR
L9x7 +4 +3 PR

CGBP -
135x10 PR
155x9 PR
175x5 +2 PR

Standing One Arm Overhead Extensions (did two arm last A day, no idea why I did one arm today) -
25x15
30x10
35x5
(Don't know if I can really count PRs here or not since I don't have a benchmark)

Popped my Nitro then moved onto abs...

Abs -
two sets of my nonweighted ab circuit (comes out to 120 reps)
two sets of nonweighted hanging knee raises (20 reps each) PR
Weighted Ab Machine - 65x20, 80x15, 95x12 (can't recall if I have any PRs here)

Firedrake
11-20-08, 6:10 pm
Wow. Now, don't do this NEXT Thursday, or you won't be able to get the fork to your mouth! Sheesh, that's some major volume and some good records!

TheDarkHalf
11-20-08, 9:57 pm
Wow. Now, don't do this NEXT Thursday, or you won't be able to get the fork to your mouth! Sheesh, that's some major volume and some good records!

Thanks drake my arms were fuckin smoked after this WO, I had such an intense pump throughout the WO - especially when I made my way to tri's

pmug0000
11-20-08, 11:06 pm
Damn I thought I got a lot of PR's... you're a fucking machine!

Aggression
11-21-08, 9:27 am
Nice job bro. Keep grindin' away.

Aggression
11-21-08, 9:28 am
Standing One Arm Overhead Extensions (did two arm last A day, no idea why I did one arm today) -
25x15
30x10
35x5
(Don't know if I can really count PRs here or not since I don't have a benchmark)

I started doing these about a year ago, and I loved them. You gotta use lighter weight, but its definitely a good exercise. My tri's get blown up.

TheDarkHalf
11-21-08, 9:35 am
Damn I thought I got a lot of PR's... you're a fucking machine!

Haha thanks P

Nice job bro. Keep grindin' away.

Thanks man you know I will

I started doing these about a year ago, and I loved them. You gotta use lighter weight, but its definitely a good exercise. My tri's get blown up.

Yea man those were definitely a bitch. Especially since I did them at the end of my WO - my arms were soooo pumped at that point that doing those were a real chore

TheDarkHalf
11-22-08, 4:52 pm
This is friday's workout, I didn't have time to post this up yesterday. One of my roommates moved back home to denver today, so we all went out last night to see him off. I got pretty hammered and got a couple of phone numbers. Slept with my first non-white girl last night - she was from Argentina....hot hot hot. Anyways, on to the workout.

DB Press -
45x15 PR
50x11 PR
60x10 PR
70x6 +4 PR

Laterals -
L2x15 PR
L3x12 PR
L4x6 +3 +2 PR

Arnold Press -
30x11 PR
35x11 PR
40x10 PR
45x6 +3 +1 PR

Reverse Pec Dec -
105x20 PR
120x14 PR
135x10 PR
150x5 +4 PR

DB Shrugs -
75x20 PR
80x15 PR
90x14 +10 PR

DB Upright Rows (didn't do these last A week so no benchmarks for PRs)
30x12
35x8
40x7 +4

Calf Machine Shrugs -
155x20 PR
255x10 PR
295x7 +6 PR

Mr. Aestheticz
11-22-08, 5:50 pm
Bout Fucking Time Iwas Sick Of Reading And Hearing About Your Cutting Phase Lmao!

Couple Things!

main Question: Are You Taking The Pak?

And Are You Doing A Pre-exhaust Exercise Before You Do Your Mass Foundation Exercise, I Know You Are Doing Chin Ups Before Rows, Extensions Before Squats, Etc. Is This Your Main Focus And Why I Saw Someone Asked You Previously But I Am Curious?

Welcome To The State Of Getting Lean, Mean, And Hhuuggee!!!

pmug0000
11-22-08, 8:44 pm
Sounds like an awesome day man - PR's on about every set and hooking up with a foreign chick... doesn't get much better than that!

TheDarkHalf
11-22-08, 9:02 pm
Bout Fucking Time Iwas Sick Of Reading And Hearing About Your Cutting Phase Lmao!

Couple Things!

main Question: Are You Taking The Pak?

And Are You Doing A Pre-exhaust Exercise Before You Do Your Mass Foundation Exercise, I Know You Are Doing Chin Ups Before Rows, Extensions Before Squats, Etc. Is This Your Main Focus And Why I Saw Someone Asked You Previously But I Am Curious?

Welcome To The State Of Getting Lean, Mean, And Hhuuggee!!!

Haha of course i'm taking The Pak! That's a staple in my arsenal no matter what my diet looks like! 365 days a year brother.

You know now that you mention it (I really didn't pay any attention to it before), I do a pre-exhaust before hitting the big movements. I just feel like it really helps get everything lose and blood flowing into the appropriate areas so I'm ready to roll. It also helps put me in the zone and gets my intensity level up. And I know that it may weak you a little bit going into that mass builder - but when I start to struggle on the mass builder it makes me push even hard because I already know that I could be pushing even more weight.

I don't know about being lean at this point - my gut says it's here to stay till spring time!

Sounds like an awesome day man - PR's on about every set and hooking up with a foreign chick... doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks bro. Going international was definitely a great experience =D

TheDarkHalf
11-24-08, 7:41 pm
Extensions -
120x18 PR
165x15
255x10 PR
262.5x8 +4 PR

ATG Squats -
155x15 PR
195x11 PR
235x10 PR
285x5 PR
315x3 +3 PR
225x7
135x9
(My legs were cooked after this)

BB Lunges-
1 set at 105 PR
1 set at 105 PR

Seated Leg Curl -
90x16 PR
110x10 PR
130x6 +4 PR

1pps + 25 x12 PR
2pps x8 PR
2pps + 25 x3 +2 PR

Seated Calf Raise -
1p + 25 x16 PR
2p x12 PR
2p + 25 x9 +3 PR

Wrapped up with 5 mins on the bike and went home - all done in an hour folks.

Factory
11-24-08, 8:12 pm
Any day you see that many bold P's and R's you know it's a great day. You're a strong mfer, I'm locked in and ready for more.

pmug0000
11-24-08, 11:21 pm
Awesome squats man I can't wait til I hit 315 atg. Your quads must be looking pretty damn thick at this point.

TheDarkHalf
11-24-08, 11:57 pm
Any day you see that many bold P's and R's you know it's a great day. You're a strong mfer, I'm locked in and ready for more.

Thanks for dropping in factory, thanks for the compliments. I'm strong - but i'm only gonna get stronger! Looking forward to having you around.

Awesome squats man I can't wait til I hit 315 atg. Your quads must be looking pretty damn thick at this point.

Yea man they are definitely growing! Like we discussed the other day - my pants are starting to become serious nut huggers.

TheDarkHalf
11-25-08, 8:05 pm
Chins (with v-bar) -
Bar x10
5x8 PR
10x5 +3 PR

T-Bar -
2p x20
2p + 25 x13
3p x11 PR
3p + 25 x8
4p x6 +4 PR

Deads -
155x15
195x12 PR
245x8 PR
295x6 PR
325x3 +2 PR
350x1 PR (got this easy)

DB Rows -
65x15 PR
70x12
80x10 +4 PR

V-Bar Pulldown -
L7x13 PR
L8x9 PR
L9x6 +4 PR

Standing Rows w/straight bar -
L12x11 PR
L13x11 PR
L15x10 (didn't Rest pause here, i was working in with someone)

DC Lat Stretch

2 sets of my ab circuit
2 sets of 20 hanging knee raises

Weighted Ab Machine -
80x15
95x12
110x8 (didn't rest pause, I was ready to go)

put on my hoodie and went home

Firedrake
11-25-08, 9:02 pm
Day-umn, that's some serious work! With all the PRs, I think you'll likely be hurting some tomorrow.

TheDarkHalf
11-25-08, 9:06 pm
Day-umn, that's some serious work! With all the PRs, I think you'll likely be hurting some tomorrow.

Thanks drake I hope i'm hurting tomorrow as well

pmug0000
11-26-08, 11:37 am
Great work man, awesome job on those DL's!

Aggression
11-26-08, 11:42 am
350x1 .. solid. I like that solid 350 number. Keep it up bro. 375, 400, its yours man.

TheDarkHalf
11-26-08, 1:36 pm
Great work man, awesome job on those DL's!

Thanks P, They are coming along nicely!

350x1 .. solid. I like that solid 350 number. Keep it up bro. 375, 400, its yours man.

I couldn't agree with you more. After that set of 325, I just looked at the bar and thought....350 here we go! Can't wait to hit 400.

TheDarkHalf
11-26-08, 7:04 pm
Flat BB -
135x20 PR
225x10 PR
255x4.5 (couldn't quite go all the way down on the last rep - no spotter) PR
280x2 +2 (Had a spotter this time!) PR

Incline DB -
60x11 PR
65x9 PR
75x8 PR
80x4 +1 PR

Flat Flies -
45x15 PR
50x9 PR
55x8 PR
60x6 +4 PR

DC Chest Stretch with 60s

Dips - (I think after this week i'm going to change these out for cable crosses, maybe haven't decided yet either way)
BWx8 PR
5x6 PR
10x3 PR

Standing Calf -
195x14 PR
275x8 PR
335x5 +4 PR

BB Reverse Curls -
65x15 PR
85x12 PR
105x8 +5 PR

If I could say one thing about today's workout it would be - "Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin zone"

pmug0000
11-26-08, 10:51 pm
Strong, strong benching man great work!

Factory
11-26-08, 11:12 pm
Did you become the national ambasador to puerto rico? OOH those are personal records... damn brother you shattered your recs. Goanna have to keep it up!

TheDarkHalf
11-27-08, 10:26 am
Strong, strong benching man great work!

Thanks man!

Did you become the national ambasador to puerto rico? OOH those are personal records... damn brother you shattered your recs. Goanna have to keep it up!

Hahah. Yea man I love taking that log to the gym, I get to see those numbers from two weeks prior and there is no better feeling than beating yourself.

Factory
11-27-08, 12:11 pm
Happy thanksgiving bro.

TheDarkHalf
11-27-08, 2:47 pm
Happy thanksgiving bro.

Thanks man, same to you as well!

Luckily enough I didn't sleep in too late after going out last night, golds was open till 2! Speaking of last night, I was always under the impression that the wednesday before thanksgiving was always known as black wednesday - the biggest bar night of the year. I got into a debate with this chick at the bar who called it thanksgiving eve after I referred to the evening as black wednesday. So is it Black Wednesday or Thanksgiving Eve? Anyways on to today's workout....

BB Curls -
5x20 PR
60x17 PR
70x13 PR
85x8 +5 +3 PR

DB Circuits -
Three Circuits: one @ 20 , one @ 25, one @ 30

Preacher Curls - (keep in mind I include the weight of the bar here which is 25lbs)
30x20 PR
35x17 PR
50x9 PR
55x6 +4 +2 PR

DB 21s - (first time ever doing these)
Two sets: one w/20s PR, one w/25s PR

Rope Pulldowns -
L7x20 PR
L8x12 PR
L9x7 PR
L10x5 +3 PR

One Arm Pressdown -
L3x14 PR
L4x11 PR
L5x8 PR
L6x5 +4 PR

Parallel Bench Dips - (had done these in over a year, felt like doing these instead of CGBP)
BWx10 PR
1p x10 PR
1p +25 x8 +3 PR

DB Kickbacks -
25x12 PR
30x8 PR
30x8 +4 PR

DC Tricep w/30s and Bicep Stretch - next week i'm going to have to start stretching with 35s - the 30s just felt too light and too easy.

Abs:
2 sets of my ab circuit (comes out to 120 reps total so 60 in each circuit)
2 sets of hanging non-weighted knee raises
Weighted Ab Machine - 95x12 PR, 110x10 PR, 125x6 +3 PR

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

TheDarkHalf
11-28-08, 7:05 pm
Standing BB Military Press -
105x15 PR
115x10 PR
125x8 PR
135x6 +4 PR

Smith Behind-The-Neck Presses - (it was a game time decision to throw this in, no benchmarks for PRs)
135x15
155x8
165x5 +3

Cable Laterals -
L2 x16 PR
L3 x13 PR
L4 x8 +4 PR

Reverse Pec Dec -
120x14 PR
135x10 PR
150x8 PR
165x5 +4 PR

DC Shoulder Stretch

BB Shrugs -
155x15 PR
195x12 PR
235x10 PR
260x 7 +4 +4 PR

BB Upright Rows -
65x12 PR
75x10 PR
85x7 PR
90x6 +4 PR

Calf Machine Shrugs -
175x15 PR
275x9 PR
315x5 +3 PR

DC Traps Stretch

pmug0000
11-28-08, 11:34 pm
PR's like a motherfucker!!! Last two workouts were great. And as for the TG terminology, I don't have a clue. If you couldn't tell yet I'm a retard when it comes to that kind of thing...

TheDarkHalf
11-29-08, 12:24 am
PR's like a motherfucker!!! Last two workouts were great. And as for the TG terminology, I don't have a clue. If you couldn't tell yet I'm a retard when it comes to that kind of thing...

Haha tell me about man i've been in the zone lately. I've been a PR machine. Hopefully I can keep it up, I don't see any reason why my numbers won't continue to go through the roof. And don't worry about the TG thing I didn't expect ya to know jack about that anyhow =p Holler at me next weekend we need to chill it's been a grip.

pmug0000
11-29-08, 6:52 pm
Haha tell me about man i've been in the zone lately. I've been a PR machine. Hopefully I can keep it up, I don't see any reason why my numbers won't continue to go through the roof. And don't worry about the TG thing I didn't expect ya to know jack about that anyhow =p Holler at me next weekend we need to chill it's been a grip.

Actually last night I was at a bar and asked the bartender about it, turns out it is called Black Wednesday lol yeah next weekend I'll hit you up. I've been practicing out here so I can keep up with you at the bars...

TheDarkHalf
11-29-08, 7:02 pm
Actually last night I was at a bar and asked the bartender about it, turns out it is called Black Wednesday lol yeah next weekend I'll hit you up. I've been practicing out here so I can keep up with you at the bars...

Haha sounds good man

Aggression
11-30-08, 5:08 pm
DC Traps Stretch

Trap Stretch? Did you mean shoulder stretch? Or did you invent some type of trap stretch? I don't ever remember reading about a Trap Stretch. Good numbers bro.

TheDarkHalf
11-30-08, 7:24 pm
Trap Stretch? Did you mean shoulder stretch? Or did you invent some type of trap stretch? I don't ever remember reading about a Trap Stretch. Good numbers bro.

Thanks man! Yes, I have discovered a traps stretch! I've been looking for this for awhile, and it works. I found it on BB.com check it out here....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/extreme_fascial_stretching.htm

I use both stretches - the DBs and the behind the back shrug. I felt the the behind the back works the best.

pmug0000
12-01-08, 10:44 am
Thanks man! Yes, I have discovered a traps stretch! I've been looking for this for awhile, and it works. I found it on BB.com check it out here....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/extreme_fascial_stretching.htm

I use both stretches - the DBs and the behind the back shrug. I felt the the behind the back works the best.

Good find, I didn't know there was a trap stretch either.

TheDarkHalf
12-01-08, 10:48 am
Good find, I didn't know there was a trap stretch either.

It was an answer i've been looking for for awhile now, I always felt like I was leaving them out. All I gotta say is be careful with those DBs, it can produce a not so nice strain on the neck.

Aggression
12-01-08, 11:12 am
Good stuff bro. Nice find. Maybe I'll throw those in at the end of traps this week ...

TheDarkHalf
12-01-08, 11:15 am
Good stuff bro. Nice find. Maybe I'll throw those in at the end of traps this week ...

thanks man and be sure to let me know what you think of those (or if you come up with a better way to do them!)

TheDarkHalf
12-01-08, 9:34 pm
Extensions -
135x15 PR
165x12
255x10
262.5 x9 +3 PR

ATG Squats -
155x15
200x10 PR
240x7 PR
290x5 PR
325x3 +1 PR
225x5
135x7

DB Lunges -
1 set @ 40s PR
1 set @ 45s PR
(Had to stop after this, my knees were not feeling these at all)

Plate Loaded Leg Press -
2pps x12
3pps x12 PR
4pps x12 PR
5pps x10 PR
6pps x5
7pps x2 +2

Standing Calf Raise -
215x15 PR
275x10 PR
315x7 +4 PR

Lying Leg Curl -
110x14 PR
125x9 PR
140x6 +4 PR

DC Quad and Ham Stretch

Wrapped up with 6 mins of cardio on the bike to get the LA out of my legs

pmug0000
12-01-08, 11:14 pm
Killer squats man, good work.

TheDarkHalf
12-02-08, 10:20 am
Killer squats man, good work.

Thanks bro. I was happy with the poundages I was doing on squats, but I want to get my reps a little higher on those poundages so i'll prolly keep the same weight for next week.

Aggression
12-02-08, 10:20 am
Yup, thats some good work brotha.

TheDarkHalf
12-02-08, 10:22 am
Yup, thats some good work brotha.

Thanks man I appreciate it. It was a pretty serious workout...I don't know about you guys, but I know I'm getting a serious workout when my shins are sweating profusely.

Aggression
12-02-08, 10:35 am
Thanks man I appreciate it. It was a pretty serious workout...I don't know about you guys, but I know I'm getting a serious workout when my shins are sweating profusely.

HaHa, Yup, been there. I'm a big fan of the cold sweats though. Legs are pumped, all the blood is down there, and you're left with cold water coming outta your pores .. niCe.

TheDarkHalf
12-02-08, 9:56 pm
Pullups -
5x7 PR
10x6 PR
10x4 +2 PR
(I'm not happy with these numbers at all, I need to step my game up here)

T-Bar
2p + 25 x20 PR
3p x15 PR
3p +25 x9 PR
4p x9 PR
4p +25 x5 +3 PR

Deads -
165x15 PR
205x11 PR
255x7 PR
300x5 PR
325x4 PR
355x2 +.5 +.5 PR (couldn't quite lock it out on the rest pause portion, i'll hit it next week fo sho!)

Bent Over BB Rows -
145x13 PR
175x9 PR
195x7 PR
215x4 +3 PR

Seated Row -
L10x12 PR
L11x9 PR
L12x6 +4 PR

Lat Pulldown -
L10x12 PR
L11x8 PR
L12x6 +3 PR

DC Lat Stretch

2 sets of ab circuits
2 sets of nonweighted knee raises
3 sets of weighted ab machine - 110x15 PR, 125x12 PR, 140x8 +6 PR

Popped my nitro and went home to slam 50 grams of whey

Aggression
12-03-08, 10:14 am
Pullups -
5x7 PR
10x6 PR
10x4 +2 PR
(I'm not happy with these numbers at all, I need to step my game up here)

T-Bar
2p + 25 x20 PR
3p x15 PR
3p +25 x9 PR
4p x9 PR
4p +25 x5 +3 PR

Deads -
165x15 PR
205x11 PR
255x7 PR
300x5 PR
325x4 PR
355x2 +.5 +.5 PR (couldn't quite lock it out on the rest pause portion, i'll hit it next week fo sho!)

Bent Over BB Rows -
145x13 PR
175x9 PR
195x7 PR
215x4 +3 PR

Seated Row -
L10x12 PR
L11x9 PR
L12x6 +4 PR

Lat Pulldown -
L10x12 PR
L11x8 PR
L12x6 +3 PR

DC Lat Stretch

2 sets of ab circuits
2 sets of nonweighted knee raises
3 sets of weighted ab machine - 110x15 PR, 125x12 PR, 140x8 +6 PR

Popped my nitro and went home to slam 50 grams of whey

Damn bro ... PR's in EVERY set!? That's a solid workout man. And I wouldn't get too upset with the chins, that's just a tough exercise to hammer out no matter what. It's one of those exercises that, no matter how much you psych yourself up, you're only getting what your body can handle. If I get 7 on set 3, I can put money on the fact that no matter what, I'm not chinning more than 6 reps on set 4. You just gotta get better and better each week, slowly but surely.

TheDarkHalf
12-03-08, 12:25 pm
Damn bro ... PR's in EVERY set!? That's a solid workout man. And I wouldn't get too upset with the chins, that's just a tough exercise to hammer out no matter what. It's one of those exercises that, no matter how much you psych yourself up, you're only getting what your body can handle. If I get 7 on set 3, I can put money on the fact that no matter what, I'm not chinning more than 6 reps on set 4. You just gotta get better and better each week, slowly but surely.

Yea man, every set I did had more weight or more reps than the week before. Thanks for the good words with the chins, I feel so weak when I do them.

Aggression
12-03-08, 12:31 pm
Yea man, every set I did had more weight or more reps than the week before. Thanks for the good words with the chins, I feel so weak when I do them.

I did them last night. 4 sets of BW and got 10,8,6,5.5. Its tough bro. But when you finish 4 sets of legit chins, you feel them babies burning, even if it was only for a few reps.

pmug0000
12-03-08, 12:51 pm
Strong back workout, you can't be too upset with the chinups if you got PR's, you know you're moving in the right direction.

TheDarkHalf
12-03-08, 6:25 pm
Strong back workout, you can't be too upset with the chinups if you got PR's, you know you're moving in the right direction.

Thanks man - even though they were PRs I can still be unhappy about them. I really want those numbers to improve, so improve they shall!

Incline BB -
155x15 PR
175x10 PR
205x7 PR
245x2 +1 PR

Flat DB -
60x15 PR
70x10 PR
75x8 PR
80x5 +3 PR

Incline Flies -
45x13 PR
50x8 PR
55x8 PR
60x6 +4 PR

DB Pullovers -
70x12 PR
75x10 PR
80x7 +4 PR

Seated Calf -
2p x12 PR
2p + 25 x11 PR
3p x7 +5 PR

DC Chest Stretch w/60s

DB Wrist Curls -
50x12, x9, x7 All PRs

BooYahhhhh

pmug0000
12-03-08, 10:14 pm
OK we got the point already, you get a lot of PR's! You're making the rest of us look bad...

j/k great job man, 245 incline bench is damn strong.

TheDarkHalf
12-04-08, 12:26 am
OK we got the point already, you get a lot of PR's! You're making the rest of us look bad...

j/k great job man, 245 incline bench is damn strong.

Thanks man, it's needs to get higher!

Firedrake
12-04-08, 1:28 am
That's what we're out here for -- to get bigger and better, each rep, set, and workout!

Good job!

TheDarkHalf
12-04-08, 9:41 am
That's what we're out here for -- to get bigger and better, each rep, set, and workout!

Good job!

I concur! Thank you sir!

Aggression
12-04-08, 9:44 am
Thanks man - even though they were PRs I can still be unhappy about them. I really want those numbers to improve, so improve they shall!

Incline BB -
155x15 PR
175x10 PR
205x7 PR
245x2 +1 PR

Flat DB -
60x15 PR
70x10 PR
75x8 PR
80x5 +3 PR

Incline Flies -
45x13 PR
50x8 PR
55x8 PR
60x6 +4 PR

DB Pullovers -
70x12 PR
75x10 PR
80x7 +4 PR

Seated Calf -
2p x12 PR
2p + 25 x11 PR
3p x7 +5 PR

DC Chest Stretch w/60s

DB Wrist Curls -
50x12, x9, x7 All PRs

BooYahhhhh

Solid workout bro. Like mug said, you're hitting PR's with every SET! You must be doing something right! Good shit bro. 205 for 7 is exactly what I did on Monday, nice job. Strong DB fly too. Keep it up man.

TheDarkHalf
12-04-08, 9:51 am
Solid workout bro. Like mug said, you're hitting PR's with every SET! You must be doing something right! Good shit bro. 205 for 7 is exactly what I did on Monday, nice job. Strong DB fly too. Keep it up man.

Thanks bro I most certainly will!

TheDarkHalf
12-04-08, 5:31 pm
BB Curls -
55x22 PR
65x15 PR
75x10 PR
90x6 +4 PR

DB Circuits -
1 @ 25, 1 @ 30, then 1 @ 25, PR for the circuit

Cable Curls -
L8x14 PR
L9x8 PR
L10x6 +4 PR

L3x18 PR
L4x12 PR
L5x7 PR
L6x4 +1 PR

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldown -
L7x18 PR
L8x12 PR
L9x8 PR
L10x5 +4 PR

Straight Bar Pressdown -
L7x17 PR
L8x12 PR
L9x9 PR
L10x7 +4 PR

CGBP -
135x10
165x8 PR
185x5 +2 PR

1 Arm OH Extension -
30x12 PR
35x5 PR
(was going to move onto 40s, but my arms were smoked)

Abs -
3 sets ab circuit
1 set hanging knee raises
Weighted ab machine - 110x20 PR, 125x13 PR, 140x9 +4 PR

On a side note, I received my first complement today since I've been bulking. A regular at my gym (who I had never seen before, but always saw me apparently) said that he almost didn't recognize me. He said I looked like I really blown up all over the place - when I told him I'd only been bulking for 5 weeks he was taken aback and said that he couldn't believe I've done it so quickly.

I commented that my waistline had gotten bigger, and he told me that he couldn't even tell. Even though I notice it, it's nice to know that i'm visibly getting bigger in the right ways (even though my waist has gotten bigger, it's nice that no one else can tell but me).

Firedrake
12-04-08, 7:32 pm
Aren't proportions great?

TheDarkHalf
12-04-08, 9:31 pm
Aren't proportions great?

Fo sho!

pmug0000
12-04-08, 11:01 pm
That's always a great feeling getting complimented on your physique. Sometimes it's hard to tell what kind of progress you're making just by looking at yourself, other people have a much better perspective so I'm sure this dude was right.

And needless to say, good workout.

TheDarkHalf
12-05-08, 9:48 am
That's always a great feeling getting complimented on your physique. Sometimes it's hard to tell what kind of progress you're making just by looking at yourself, other people have a much better perspective so I'm sure this dude was right.

Yea I totally agree, thanks bro.

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:03 am

x2. Compliments like that always seem to make my day.

TheDarkHalf
12-05-08, 12:15 pm
x2. Compliments like that always seem to make my day.

Totally, It most certainly made mine!

TheDarkHalf
12-07-08, 2:35 pm
Here is my shoulder workout from friday -

DB Press -
50x15 PR
55x10 PR
65x10 PR
75x5 +3 PR

Cable Side Laterals -
L3x12 PR
L4x8 PR
L5x5 +3 PR

Arnold's -
35x10 PR
40x10 PR
45x7 PR
50x5 +3 PR

Reverse Pec -
135x15 PR
150x10 PR
165x10 PR
180x5 +2 PR

DB Shrugs -
80x19 PR
85x16 PR
95x10 +10 PR

DB Upright Rows -
35x12 PR
40x9 PR
45x6 +5 PR

Calf Machine Shrugs -
195x18 PR
295x10 PR
335x8 +4 PR

pmug0000
12-07-08, 3:53 pm
PR's every set again...great work as usual. I've never tried shrugs on a calf machine it's cool idea.

TheDarkHalf
12-08-08, 7:17 pm
PR's every set again...great work as usual. I've never tried shrugs on a calf machine it's cool idea.

Thanks man. I like them as they are just an extra way to hit those traps.

Extensions -
142.5 x15 PR
172.5 x12 PR
262.5 x7 PR
270 x8 +2 PR

ATG Squats -
160x15 PR
205x12 PR
245x9 PR
295x5 PR
330x2 +2 PR Drop to 225x5, Drop to 135x8

BB Lunges -
1 set down & back at 105
1 set down & back at 110 PR
(I think i might have to drop bb & db lunges, they have really been making my knees hurt)

1p + 35 x12 PR
2p + 10 x9 PR
2p + 35 x5 +4 PR

Seated Calf Raise -
1p + 35 x14 PR
2p + 10 x10 PR
2p + 35 x7 +3 PR

Seated Leg Curl -
110x14 PR
130x9 PR
150x5 +3 PR

Finished up with 7 mins on the bike

Firedrake
12-08-08, 7:53 pm
SWEET!

If the lunges are bugging your knees, try making your steps just a little shorter.

TheDarkHalf
12-08-08, 8:09 pm
SWEET!

If the lunges are bugging your knees, try making your steps just a little shorter.

Thanks drake i'll definitely give that a shot next week cause I really don't want to get rid of those - I feel like lunges are a pretty hard and intense exercise

pmug0000
12-08-08, 10:49 pm
ATG Squats -
160x15 PR
205x12 PR
245x9 PR
295x5 PR
330x2 +2 PR Drop to 225x5, Drop to 135x8

Fuckin' sick man your atg squats are insane. That dropset looks intense great work!

TheDarkHalf
12-08-08, 10:50 pm
Fuckin' sick man your atg squats are insane. That dropset looks intense great work!

Thanks bro it was definitely a good workout today!

Aggression
12-09-08, 12:56 pm
Those squats look awesome bro. Nice work. I love seeing TRUE 300+lb squats.

TheDarkHalf
12-09-08, 3:12 pm
Those squats look awesome bro. Nice work. I love seeing TRUE 300+lb squats.

Thanks Agression. I love doing 300+lb squats!

TheDarkHalf
12-09-08, 10:40 pm
Chins -
BWx10 PR
10x8 PR
15x4 +2 PR

T-Bar -
2p + 25 x17 PR
3p x12 PR
3p + 25 x8 PR
4p x8 PR
4p +25 x4 +4 PR

Deads -
160x15 PR
200x12 PR
250x9 PR
300x5 PR
330x3 +2 PR
360x2 PR

DB Rows -
70x12 PR
75x12 PR
85x10 +4 PR

L13x12 PR
L14x10 PR
L15x9 +4 PR

V-Bar Pulldown -
L8x12 PR
L9x8 PR
L10x5 +3 PR

DC Lat Stretch

Abs - 2 sets of ab circuits
2 sets of 20 hanging knee raises
Weighted Ab Machine - 110x20 PR, 125x15 PR, 140x10 +4 PR

Aggression
12-10-08, 9:58 am
Chins -
BWx10 PR
10x8 PR
15x4 +2 PR

T-Bar -
2p + 25 x17 PR
3p x12 PR
3p + 25 x8 PR
4p x8 PR
4p +25 x4 +4 PR

Deads -
160x15 PR
200x12 PR
250x9 PR
300x5 PR
330x3 +2 PR
360x2 PR

DB Rows -
70x12 PR
75x12 PR
85x10 +4 PR

L13x12 PR
L14x10 PR
L15x9 +4 PR

V-Bar Pulldown -
L8x12 PR
L9x8 PR
L10x5 +3 PR

Some good volume on the back bro. Nice work. Nice job with the 360 on deads.

TheDarkHalf
12-10-08, 10:02 am
Some good volume on the back bro. Nice work. Nice job with the 360 on deads.

Thanks bro, I'm hoping to hit 375 by the 1st and 400 by the end of jan - so far I'm on pace for that so nothing to do but keep on truckin.

pmug0000
12-10-08, 6:51 pm
Those DL's are climbing quick, I gotta step up my game before you pass me!

TheDarkHalf
12-10-08, 7:12 pm
Those DL's are climbing quick, I gotta step up my game before you pass me!

Haha I know, I'm right behind you so watch out!

Flat BB -
140x13 PR
230x10 PR
260x5 PR (This felt really light for some reason, after I got it up I was like wtf? SWEET)
285x2 +1 PR
225x6

Incline DB -
65x11 PR
70x9 PR
80x6 PR
85x4 +2 PR

Flat DB Flies -
50x11 PR
55x11 PR
60x8 PR
65x6 +4 PR

DC Chest Stretch with 55s, then again with 50s

Reverse BB Wrist Curls -
70x20 PR
90x15 PR
110x10 +4 PR

Standing Calf -
215x13 PR
295x8 PR
335x6 +4 PR

Dips -
BWx9 PR
5x7 PR
10x4 +2PR
(I actually felt good about these today, my form was on and I bet everything by atleast one rep - I think i'm going to keep these poundages for the next B week and then increase)

pmug0000
12-10-08, 10:40 pm
Damn that flat bench is getting sick. All around great workout.

Aggression
12-11-08, 9:50 am
PR's on all sets except one? Awesome stuff man. Getting strong. Gotta love when weights go up too easy. I'd record everything I ate the day before and day of that 260 bench and make sure I eat that everyday

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 10:01 am
Damn that flat bench is getting sick. All around great workout.

Thanks man. I've got 315 in sight so here we gooooo!

PR's on all sets except one? Awesome stuff man. Getting strong. Gotta love when weights go up too easy. I'd record everything I ate the day before and day of that 260 bench and make sure I eat that everyday

Thanks bro. Tell me about it! I eat the same shit pretty much every day, I actually had one less meal in than on monday, tues, or fri. I leave work earlier on wed and thurs so I get to the gym earlier as well.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 10:06 am
The end of this week will also mark the end of my two cans of stak and test back-to-back, as you can see from the numbers i've been putting up that this stack is no joke. So for the next 3 weeks, i'm going to stack M-Stak and Isostack and see how that works out. If it works well, i'll run it for an additional 3 weeks beyond that. After that's over, i'll see where i'm at and decide where I want to go diet wise and supplement wise. I really want to bulk until the end of feb and then start cutting in march. I've made the decision to go keto, and i've been doing my homework in that regards. I'm actually kind of excited to cut again, looking forward to trying out keto and seeing how it goes.

Aggression
12-11-08, 10:11 am
The end of this week will also mark the end of my two cans of stak and test back-to-back, as you can see from the numbers i've been putting up that this stack is no joke. So for the next 3 weeks, i'm going to stack M-Stak and Isostack and see how that works out. If it works well, i'll run it for an additional 3 weeks beyond that. After that's over, i'll see where i'm at and decide where I want to go diet wise and supplement wise. I really want to bulk until the end of feb and then start cutting in march. I've made the decision to go keto, and i've been doing my homework in that regards. I'm actually kind of excited to cut again, looking forward to trying out keto and seeing how it goes.

Yeah bro, you plowed through those weights from previous weeks. Stak/Test is no joke indeed judging from your results. I'm on day 4 of M-stak. Once this is done, I'll run Stak and Test by themselves one after another, and then start stacking them up. I can't wait.

pmug0000
12-11-08, 12:55 pm

Damn I can't believe it's been six weeks since you started that stack!
Hopefully you can keep up the progress on M-stak.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 1:17 pm
Yeah bro, you plowed through those weights from previous weeks. Stak/Test is no joke indeed judging from your results. I'm on day 4 of M-stak. Once this is done, I'll run Stak and Test by themselves one after another, and then start stacking them up. I can't wait.

Nice. I personally would just run both together - but the way you are doing it will definitely work.

Damn I can't believe it's been six weeks since you started that stack!
Hopefully you can keep up the progress on M-stak.

I know man time flies! I'm sure I will, the last time I tried Isostack my numbers flew through the roof, and combined with M-Stak it should be a pretty interesting combo.

Aggression
12-11-08, 1:21 pm
Nice. I personally would just run both together - but the way you are doing it will definitely work.

I'll end up running them together later on, but I have a methodical, scientific approach to those types of supplements. I want to see what each one will do to me on their own before I run them together.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 1:35 pm
I'll end up running them together later on, but I have a methodical, scientific approach to those types of supplements. I want to see what each one will do to me on their own before I run them together.

I figured as much, plus it's definitely cheaper - test is so damned expensive!

Aggression
12-11-08, 4:18 pm
I figured as much, plus it's definitely cheaper - test is so damned expensive!

Yeah, are you getting it off the animalpak website? Or off another online distributor? AnimalPak sells their stuff at full retail. You can get it for cheaper elsewhere.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 7:46 pm
Yeah, are you getting it off the animalpak website? Or off another online distributor? AnimalPak sells their stuff at full retail. You can get it for cheaper elsewhere.

Yeah bro I have a couple of sites that I go to - usually DPS. Still, 60 bucks for a can of test is still expensive.

BB Curls -
60x20 PR
70x14 PR
80x10 PR
95x6 +4 PR

DB Circuits -
1 @ 25, 1 @ 30, 1 @ 35 (wasn't that great so i'm not counting it at a PR)

Preacher Curls -
(the preacher bar weighs 25 right? anyways that's what I counted the bar as)
35x19 PR
40x13 PR
55x8 PR
60x7 +3 PR

Incline DB Curls - (I decided to revist these, even though I had nothing but disgust for them the last time I tried them. So I turned the weight down and really concentrated on getting a solid pump and good form. Needless to say my arms were smoked after this).
20x14
25x8
30x8 +3
(No benchmark so no way to tell if they were PRs)

DC Bicep Stretch (man did that kill today)

Rope Pulldown -
L8x19 PR
L9x13 PR
L10x8 PR
L11x7 +4 PR

One Arm Pressdown -
L3x16 PR
L4x13 PR
L5x10 PR
L6x6 +3 PR

Kickbacks -
25x15 PR
30x10 PR
35x5 +3 PR

Bench Dips (plates in lap) -
1px15 PR
1p + 25 x20 PR
2p x10
(chose to not RP here, I really need to get my ass outta the gym)

DC Triceps Stretch w/35s

Abs - 2 sets ab circuit
2 sets hanging knee raises
Weighted Ab Machine - 125x15 PR, 140x10 PR, 155x5 +3 PR

pmug0000
12-11-08, 11:32 pm
Another solid session, good work. I'm a actually a big fan of incline curls, I haven't done 'em in a hell of a long time but since you reminded me I think I'll work them in tomorrow.

Aggression
12-12-08, 9:42 am
Once again all PR's. You can't ask for anything else man. Looking good.

TheDarkHalf
12-12-08, 6:15 pm
Another solid session, good work. I'm a actually a big fan of incline curls, I haven't done 'em in a hell of a long time but since you reminded me I think I'll work them in tomorrow.

Hell yea man sounds good.

Once again all PR's. You can't ask for anything else man. Looking good.

Absolutely. Thanks man.

BB Press -
110x14 PR
120x10 PR
130x8 PR
140x6 +4 PR

Cable Side Laterals -
L3x16 PR
L4x10 PR
L5 x6 +3 PR

Behind The Neck Smith Presses -
140x12 PR
160x7 PR
170x6 +2 PR

Reverse Pec -
135x20 PR
150x13 PR
165x10 PR
180x6 +2 PR

DC Shoulder Stretch

BB Shrugs -
165x20 PR
205x15 PR
245x10 PR
275x4 +3 +3 PR

BB Upright Rows -
70x14 PR
80x10 PR
90x9 PR
95x6 +4 PR

Calf Machine Shrugs -
215x16 PR
295x8
335x7 +3

DC Traps Stretch

pmug0000
12-12-08, 10:50 pm
Good work man. Which trap stretch do you like better? I tried both and I liked it with dumbbells a little more.

TheDarkHalf
12-15-08, 7:38 pm
Good work man. Which trap stretch do you like better? I tried both and I liked it with dumbbells a little more.

I like it better with the smith BB stretch. I feel like you run risk of really fuckin up your neck/back doing those ones on the side.

I started my M-Stak and Isostak combo today. Looking forward to see how this stack shapes up. Energy levels in the gym were great today. Almost puked a few times and I could easily crawl into bed right now - won't do it though gotta get in a few more meals!

Extensions -
150x15 PR
180x12 PR
262.5x9 PR
270x9 +3 PR

ATG Squats -
165x15 PR
210x11 PR
250x8 PR
300x5 PR
335x3 +2 PR, Drop to 225x6, Drop to 135x6
(those last 12 reps on the drop seat were done extremely slow and controlled)

Leg Press -
3pps x12 PR
4pps x12 PR
5pps x10 PR
6pps x6 PR
7pps x4 +2 PR

Standing Calf Raise -
235x13 PR
295x8
335x6 +3

DB Lunges -
1 set @ 45 PR
1 set @ 50 PR

Lying Leg Curl -
125x15 PR
140x10 PR
155x5 +4 PR

DC Ham and Quad Stretch

pmug0000
12-15-08, 10:57 pm
I'm so jealous of your squats dude. Beastly workout. I hate when I just want to go to sleep but I'm still supposed to get in another couple meals. Bulking isn't as easy as it sounds.

TheDarkHalf
12-16-08, 12:17 am
I'm so jealous of your squats dude. Beastly workout. I hate when I just want to go to sleep but I'm still supposed to get in another couple meals. Bulking isn't as easy as it sounds.

Thanks bro! I've really been trying to keep my rep schema the same while increasing 5lbs on each set per week. So if i'm increasing my lower end weight for warm ups, I can push the envelope on the upper range as well. Some may agree or disagree with this method, but hey - it's been working great for me the numbers are no lie.

And I totally agree with you, bulking isn't easy.

Aggression
12-16-08, 11:22 am
Damn solid squats buddy. Impressive. Pound those legs into submission, just dont go beyond your body's limits like I did, its bad news. Everything is looking good bro.

TheDarkHalf
12-16-08, 12:51 pm
Damn solid squats buddy. Impressive. Pound those legs into submission, just dont go beyond your body's limits like I did, its bad news. Everything is looking good bro.

Hahah yea I definitely saw that on your log, i'll be sure to watch out for headaches!

TheDarkHalf
12-16-08, 9:56 pm
Pullups -
5x10 PR
10x7 PR
15x7 PR

T-Bar -
3p x20 PR
3p +25 x15 PR
4p x10 PR
4p +25 x7 PR
5p x5 +3 PR (this is big, most i've ever hit on T-bar looking forward to seeing where I can take this)

Deads -
170x15 PR
210x12 PR
260x8 PR
305x5 PR
335x4 +2 PR
370x1 (I need to invest in some chalk - I prolly could of had 2 or 3, but my hands were just clamming up because I was sweating so much)

BB Bent Over Rows -
155x13 PR
185x7 PR
200x7 PR
220x6 +4 PR

Seated Rows -
L11 x13 PR
L12 x9 PR
L13 x6 +3 PR

Lat Pulldowns -
L11 x12 PR
L12 x8 PR
L13 x6 +3 PR

DC Lat Stretch

Abs: 2 sets of my ab circuit
2 sets of hanging knee raises
Weighted Ab Machine - 125x20 PR, 140x12 PR, 155x6 +3 PR

I really hope I can keep this up! 7 solid weeks of continuous progression has been great (and a little unexpected!). The fact that my numbers keep climbing make me not give two shits about the size of my gut (I have put on some fat, but I also think the ab work that i've been doing has made them grow somewhat which may also make me look slightly fatter). Oh well, I'll worry about that shit come march when it's time to cut. I've been doing my homework on keto and am going to give that a shot. But until then, it's all about getting my strength, muscles, and numbers through the roof.

I think i'm going to weigh myself in the morning, I haven't done that in awhile. I think i'm sitting around 230, but I guess we'll see when I wake.

pmug0000
12-16-08, 10:19 pm
Great back workout man you're moving some big weight. Definitely get yourself some chalk, I spent $8 on chalk about two months ago and I still have more than 3/4 of it left. It's well worth it, the first time I used it my DL went up at least 20 lbs.

Aggression
12-17-08, 11:08 am
Solid back workout bro. Nice numbers. Get that chalk, it does wonders for grip strength. Chalk is amazing to me.

TheDarkHalf
12-17-08, 6:07 pm
Great back workout man you're moving some big weight. Definitely get yourself some chalk, I spent $8 on chalk about two months ago and I still have more than 3/4 of it left. It's well worth it, the first time I used it my DL went up at least 20 lbs.

Thanks man - i'm planning on buying some this evening.

Solid back workout bro. Nice numbers. Get that chalk, it does wonders for grip strength. Chalk is amazing to me.

Yea seems like a good investment, i bought straps a few months ago and don't even use them anymore. Looking forward to rippin some shit with chalk!

Incline BB -
160x14 PR
180x10 PR
210x8 PR
250x3 +1 PR
225x4

Flat DB -
65x14 PR
75x10 PR
80x8 PR
85x6 +2 PR

Incline Flies -
50x13 PR
55x9 PR
60x7 PR
65x6 +2 PR

DB Pullovers -
75x12 PR
80x10 PR
90x5 +3 PR (the jump from 80 to 90 was rough, next time I may drop this down to 85 lbs, I feel like half the reason people plateau is because the try to increase the weight too quickly.

DC chest stretch on bench with 55's, then standing with 5lbs, and then standing again with 10s

Seated Calf -
2p + 10 x15 PR
2p + 35 x11 PR
3p + 10 x7 +4 PR

DB Wrist Curls -
45x15
50x9
55x6 +3 PR

pmug0000
12-17-08, 11:04 pm
Damn that incline bench is getting huge! Great job. That sounds like some extra-intense dc stretching too.

TheDarkHalf
12-18-08, 11:00 am
Damn that incline bench is getting huge! Great job. That sounds like some extra-intense dc stretching too.

Thanks man. I came up with another way to DC stretch, I feel it even more standing up than when stretching on the bench

Aggression
12-18-08, 11:23 am
Incline BB -
160x14 PR
180x10 PR
210x8 PR
250x3 +1 PR
225x4

Awesome numbers bro. 250 is solid weight.

TheDarkHalf
12-18-08, 12:31 pm
Awesome numbers bro. 250 is solid weight.

Thanks man, it's only going up from there!

TheDarkHalf
12-19-08, 10:11 am
BB Curls -
65x18 PR
75x12 PR
85x10 PR
100x6 +4 PR

DB Circuits -
1 @ 25, 1 @ 30, 3/4ths @ 35 (couldn't quite finish)

Cable Curls -
L9x14 PR
L10x9 PR
L11x7 +3 PR

L3x20 PR
L4x15 PR
L5x10 PR
L6x4 +2 PR

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldown -
L9x20 PR
L10x14 PR
L11x8 PR
L12x5 +4 PR

Straightbar Pressdown -
L8x18 PR
L9x13 PR
L10x10 PR
L11x8 +4 PR

CGBP -
150x10 PR
170x7 PR
190x2 +2 +2 PR

1 Arm OH Ext -
30x10
35x5

DC Triceps Stretch

Abs: 2 sets circuits
Weighted Ab Machine - 130x12 PR, 150x8 PR, 160x5 +3 PR

Aggression
12-19-08, 10:13 am
L3x20 PR
L4x15 PR
L5x10 PR
L6x4 +2 PR

Sweeeeet. Good choice of exercise. I might throw that in there tonight ...

TheDarkHalf
12-19-08, 10:48 am
Sweeeeet. Good choice of exercise. I might throw that in there tonight ...

I'm in love with that exercise. It gives me such a good pump, and I always DC stretch after. Just to clarify - when I mean sitting, I mean on the ground - not seated.

Aggression
12-19-08, 10:56 am
Just to clarify - when I mean sitting, I mean on the ground - not seated.

Just copped a squat and repped out some curls huh? ... interesting ...

TheDarkHalf
12-19-08, 12:58 pm
Just copped a squat and repped out some curls huh? ... interesting ...

Yep. I typically use one of those handles that you would use for cross-overs.

TheDarkHalf
12-20-08, 1:02 am
DB Press -
55x14 PR
60x10 PR
70x8 PR
75x5 +3

Laterals -
L4x12 PR
L5x8 PR
L6x5 +3 PR

Arnolds -
40x11 PR
45x10 PR
50x8 PR
55x6 +3 PR

Reverse Pec -
150x15 PR
165x10 PR
180x8 PR
195x5 PR

DC Shoulder Stretch

DB Shrugs -
85x18 PR
90x16 PR
100x10 +9 PR

DB Upright Rows -
40x11 PR
45x7 PR
50x4 +4 PR

Calf Machine -
255x15
295x10
335x8 +4

DC Traps Stretch

Firedrake
12-20-08, 1:03 am
Ver-r-r-r-y nice work -- those shoulders are gonna HAVE to grow now . . .

TheDarkHalf
12-20-08, 2:18 am
Ver-r-r-r-y nice work -- those shoulders are gonna HAVE to grow now . . .

Damn right, i'm forcing those suckers to grow! I feel like shoulder strength is the hardest thing to earn (at least for me), I feel like i'm making great progress but i'm looking forward to vastly improving upon these numbers as well!

Edit: I had all PRs on all of my calf machine sets - just noticed I forgot to put the bold PR next to those digits

TheDarkHalf
12-22-08, 7:09 pm
Extensions -
165x15 PR
180x14 PR
262.5 x11 PR
277.5 x7 +4 PR

ATG Squats -
170x15 PR
215x12 PR
255x8 PR
305x5 PR
340x ? +2 PR (? = not being able to remember if I did two or three reps - either way it's still a PR)
225x4
135x10

BB Lunges -
2 sets @ 115 PR

2px12 PR
2p +25 x8 PR
3px6 +5 PR

Seated Leg Curl -
115x15 PR
135x9 PR
155x5 +5 PR

Seated Calf -
2p x14 PR
2p +25 x10 PR
3p x7 +3 PR

DC Ham and Quad Stretch

pmug0000
12-22-08, 10:11 pm
Great work, way to keep those numbers climbing.

TheDarkHalf
12-24-08, 4:48 pm
Aight i'm posting up the last two days. I managed to get a back workout in yesterday before my flight - and I'm glad I did. My plane was delayed from 1:50 to 3:30pm because of bad weather in the midwest. I got lucky and made it into chicago, but my connecting flight from chicago to peoria was canceled. I ended up having to wait a few hours for a charter bus, and once I got on that it took another 3 or 4 hours to get home.

I got in my chest workout today at golds, and I was fairly happy with my numbers. I'm going to try my best to keep putting up PRs - everything is feeling a lot different there.

Tuesday - Back (I will never workout early in the morning ever again)

Chins -
5x10 PR
10x8 PR
15x4 +3 PR

T-Bar -
3p + 10 x20 PR
3p + 35 x12 PR
4p + 10 x10 PR
4p + 35 x6 PR
5p + 10 x5 +3 PR

Deads -
175x15 PR
215x12 PR
265x8 PR
310x5 PR
340x3 +2 PR
375x2 PR

DB Row -
75x15 PR
80x12 PR
85x10 +4

V-Bar Pulldown -
L9x13 PR
L10x8 PR
L11x6 +3 PR

Standing Row -
L13x15 PR
L14x12 PR
L15x11 +4 PR

Had to skip abs, needed to get out of there so I could make it to my flight

Wed - Chest

Flat BB -
145x14 PR
235x9 PR
265x5 PR
295x3 +1 PR ( I thought I had 290 on the bar, as I was taking the plates off I realized it was at 295!)

Incline BB -
70x12 PR
75x9 PR
80x5
85x5 +3 PR

Flat DB Flies -
55x11 PR
60x9 PR
65x7 PR
70x5 +2 PR

DC Chest Stretch with 55s

Standing Calf Raise -
225x12
240x10
255x9 +4

Reverse BB Curls -
75x20 PR
95x15 PR
115x10 +5 PR

Dips -
5x10 PR
10x7 PR
15x3 +2 PR

That's about it. I wish you all happy holidays.

pmug0000
12-24-08, 4:58 pm
Dude traveling is such a pain in the ass I fuckin' hate it!! I'm sure you'll have a good time back in IL though.

Doesn't look like the morning workout went to bad at all, you still put up some big numbers in that back workout. And your chest puts me to shame!

Happy holidays homie.

TheDarkHalf
12-26-08, 3:53 pm
Dude traveling is such a pain in the ass I fuckin' hate it!! I'm sure you'll have a good time back in IL though.

Doesn't look like the morning workout went to bad at all, you still put up some big numbers in that back workout. And your chest puts me to shame!

Happy holidays homie.

Yea traveling via airline around the holidays sucks. Yea my numbers were good, but I still felt like shit during that workout. I'm hoping to hit 300 on the bench next week. My short-term goal for bench is 315 - after I hit that i'll just see where I can take it.

BB Curls -
65x20 PR
75x14 PR
85x9 PR
95x7 +4 PR

DB Circuits
1 @ 25, 1 @ 30, 1 @ 35 (the DBs at this golds i'm at feel much heavier)

Preacher Curls -
40x20 PR
45x14 PR
60x9 PR
65x7 +3 PR
(keep in mind these poundages include the 25lbs from the ez curl bar - I think that's how much they weigh)

Incline DB - (I didn't keep track of reps here - I was in the zone)
1 set at 25, 1 set at 30, 1 set at 35

DC Biceps stretch

Rope pulldown - (wasn't sure how to base these numbers for PRs, this machine had poundages labeled while the machine in VA has L9, L10 etc)
90x20
100x15
110x10
120x6 +5

One Arm Pressdown - (same goes for this as well, not sure how to judge for PRs)
40x18
50x13
60x12
70x9 +5

Kickbacks -
25x17 PR
30x12 PR
35x7 +3 PR

Abs - 2 sets circuit
Weighted Ab Machine: 130x15 PR, 150x10 PR, 160x6 +4

Aggression
12-26-08, 3:58 pm
Glad to see you still pounded the weights during the hectic holidays bro. Very nice. Still settin' PR's despite a crazy schedule. Good stuff bro. keep it up.

pedraza
12-26-08, 3:59 pm
looking good there

TheDarkHalf
12-27-08, 1:08 pm
Glad to see you still pounded the weights during the hectic holidays bro. Very nice. Still settin' PR's despite a crazy schedule. Good stuff bro. keep it up.

Thanks man it certainly has been crazy. I feel like i'm a van wilder in need of a personal assistant, I have so many people to see and hang out with it's not even funny.

looking good there

Thanks bro! Nice of you to drop in and look forward to having you around on my journey.

pedraza
12-27-08, 2:06 pm
Well I Think I Will Stick Around And Watch You Grow

TheDarkHalf
12-27-08, 3:33 pm
Well I Think I Will Stick Around And Watch You Grow

Awesome. Glad to have you along

Standing BB Press -
115x15 PR
125x10 PR
135x8 PR
145x6 +3 PR

Cable Laterals - (can't judge PRs here, the machine was different then the one at home base)
40x15
50x8
60x5 +3

Behind the Neck Presses -
145x12 PR
165x8 PR
175x6 +3 PR

Reverse Pec Dec - (again no way to judge PRs)
140x15
150x11
160x8
170x5 +2

DC Shoulder Stretch

BB Shrugs -
175x20 PR
215x13 PR
255x9 PR
285x7 +4 PR

BB Upright Rows -
75x14 PR
85x10 PR
95x8 PR
100x6 +4 PR

Calf Machine Shrugs - (again no way to judge PRs here)
195x15
225x10
255x8 +4

DC Trap Stretch

pmug0000
12-27-08, 4:21 pm
Good work on those standing presses and behind the neck presses, they're looking strong!

Aggression
12-29-08, 12:22 pm
Looking strong bro. Real strong. I noticed a couple posts back that you did 340 on squat for a few reps, that's damn impressive. And being ATG, it makes it even more impressive. Solid work ethic in here.

TheDarkHalf
12-29-08, 5:12 pm
Good work on those standing presses and behind the neck presses, they're looking strong!

Thanks P!

Looking strong bro. Real strong. I noticed a couple posts back that you did 340 on squat for a few reps, that's damn impressive. And being ATG, it makes it even more impressive. Solid work ethic in here.

Thanks bro - you'll be even more impressed with today's leg workout!

Leg Extensions (these felt kinda weird, different style machine than what i'm used to) -
165x15 PR
180x11 PR
270x8 PR
285x5 +2 PR

ATG Squats -
175x15 PR
220x12 PR
260x8 PR
310x5 PR
345x2 +2 PR
225x5
135x8

Plate loaded Leg Press -
3pps + 10per side PR
4pps + 10ps PR
5pps + 10ps PR
6pps + 10ps PR
7pps + 10ps PR

DB Lunges -
1 set @ 50 PR
1 set @ 55 PR

Standing Calf (different machine than what i'm used to, hard to judge for PRs) -
240x14
270x10
300x6 +4

Lying Leg Curl (again different machine, no basis for PRs)-
120x13
135x9
150x5

Aggression
12-29-08, 7:59 pm
HaHa, sweet.

pmug0000
12-29-08, 8:53 pm
Sick squats as usual, good work.

Factory
12-29-08, 9:01 pm
Your legs are getting freakish. Freakishly strong.

TheDarkHalf
12-31-08, 1:05 pm
HaHa, sweet.

You know it!

Sick squats as usual, good work.

Thanks bro!

Your legs are getting freakish. Freakishly strong.

Yea man they are really coming together. I've noticed a synergy between benching, squatting, and deadlifting. The stronger 2 of those get, the stronger the 3rd one will get.

Anyways all I have been lazy about posting my workouts, i've just been super busy with the holidays and new years. If I don't catch up my journals today, i'll be sure to do it tomorrow (if i'm not to hung over). I wish you all a safe and happy new year!

TheDarkHalf
01-01-09, 4:06 pm
Tuesday

Pullups - did these, but didn't really keep track

T-Bar -
3p+10 x18 PR
3p+35 x14 PR
4p+10 x10 PR
4p+35 x6 PR
5p+10 x5 +3 PR

Deads -
180x15 PR
220x12 PR
270x8 PR
315x5 PR
345x3 +2 PR
380x2 PR

BORs -
160x15 PR
190x9 PR
205x8 PR
225x6 +4 PR

Lat Pull - (unable to judge PRs here, diff weight schema)
120x15
165x12
195x7
225x4 +3

Seated Row - (again unable to judge)
150x13
180x9
210x6
225x4 +2

Abs - 2 sets ab circuit
Weighted Ab Machine - 135x15 PR, 150x12 PR, 160x10 PR

Wednesday

Incline BB -
165x14 PR
185x10 PR
215x8 PR
225x3 +1 PR

Flat DB -
70x15 PR
80x9 PR
85x8 PR
90x6 PR

Incline Flyes -
55x13 PR
60x10 PR
65x8 PR
70x7 +3 PR

DB Pullovers -
80x12 PR
85x10 PR
90x5

Seated Calf -
2p+20 x13 PR
3p x9 PR
3p+20 x7 +4 PR

DB Wrist Curls -
50x15 PR
55x10 PR
60x4 +2 PR

DC Chest Stretch with 60s

Thursday

BB Curl -
70x17 PR
80x13 PR
90x7 PR
100x4 +2 PR

DB Circuit -
2 sets @ 25, 1 set @ 30

Cable Curls -
90x17
100x11
110x7 +3

50x16
60x10
70x7
80x4 +2

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pull -
100x20
110x14
120x10
130x7 +4

Straight Bar Pressdown -
130x12
140x11
150x8
160x7 +4

CGBP -
155x10 PR
175x7 PR
195x3 +2 PR

Not a bad arm workout consider I went straight from the party I was at in the morning to the gym. I was smart and packed myself a breakfast, supplements, and gym clothes so I could rock straight to the gym. Unfortunately, I forgot deodarant and was definitely wearing a tank top. Needless to say, I was that guy at the gym today.

Had to cut a tricep exercise and abs short today since I got to the gym at 1 and it was closing at 2. Anyways there has been my workouts for the past few days. Hope you all had a happy new year!

Factory
01-01-09, 4:11 pm
So what your telling me is that 70% of your sets on your last 3 days lifting were nothing but PR's...
If that's not progress, I don't know what is

Your back work was especially strong, keep it up bro.

pmug0000
01-01-09, 8:38 pm
Not a bad arm workout consider I went straight from the party I was at in the morning to the gym. I was smart and packed myself a breakfast, supplements, and gym clothes so I could rock straight to the gym. Unfortunately, I forgot deodarant and was definitely wearing a tank top. Needless to say, I was that guy at the gym today.

Damn dude that's fucking gangster, bringing all your gym gear to the party. Good workouts this week.

TheDarkHalf
01-02-09, 3:20 am
So what your telling me is that 70% of your sets on your last 3 days lifting were nothing but PR's...
If that's not progress, I don't know what is

Your back work was especially strong, keep it up bro.

Yea man, I prolly would have had more if there was a consistency between golds equipment across the US. But thanks bro i'm definitely giving it 110%.

Damn dude that's fucking gangster, bringing all your gym gear to the party. Good workouts this week.

Yeah man gotta plan ahead. Hahah fucking gangster I love it.

Aggression
01-02-09, 11:54 am
Awesome lifts man. Every time I come to this page I see nothing but bold 'PR's'. Very nice man. Definite progress.

pedraza
01-02-09, 11:58 am
verry nice workouts. and congrats on the all the prs

TheDarkHalf
01-02-09, 1:28 pm
Awesome lifts man. Every time I come to this page I see nothing but bold 'PR's'. Very nice man. Definite progress.

Thanks bro. I feel like i've made lots of progress - but I have a feeling i'm only cracking the tip of the iceberg.

verry nice workouts. and congrats on the all the prs

Thanks man I always try to make the most out of my time in the gym

TheDarkHalf
01-02-09, 4:24 pm
Well this marks my last workout in IL, and then it's back to business as usual come Monday. It's been good to come back home and visit, but i'm ready to get back to DC. Today was a shoulder day, and I definitely did some work.

DB Press -
60x15 PR
65x10 PR
70x8
75x6 +2 PR

Cable Laterals -
40x17 PR
50x10 PR
60x6 +2 PR

Arnolds -
45x11 PR
50x9 PR
55x7 PR
60x5 +3 PR

Reverse Pec Dec -
150x15 PR
160x12 PR
170x9 PR
180x8 +3 PR

DC Delt Stretch

DB Shrugs -
90x20 PR
95x16 PR
105x12 +8 PR

DB Upright Rows -
45x12 PR
50x7 PR
55x6 +3 PR

Calf Machine Shrugs -
210x16 PR
240x10 PR
270x9 +4 PR

I'm about to end my 3 week cycle of m-stak and isostack. Again, you can see this stack has proven it's worth. Therefore, I'm going to run it again for another 3 weeks and then re-assess where i'm at in terms of growth and strength. So far, I feel like i'm on the right track and will continue to do what I am doing now. My diet hasn't been on the past week or so, but once I get back to DC my diet will become cleaner and more regimented due to having a more scheduled routine.

I've had lots of compliments since i've been back. "Your chest is a lot bigger", "You look bulky", "You look like a football player", etc. I actually went to the strip club the other night and had some strippers unbutton my shirt - only to examine the size of my breasts to theirs. Definitely interesting to say the least. Anyways, that's all until monday.

Aggression
01-02-09, 4:28 pm
I actually went to the strip club the other night and had some strippers unbutton my shirt - only to examine the size of my breasts to theirs.

fantastic

TheDarkHalf
01-05-09, 9:55 pm
Leg Extensions -
172.5 x15 PR
187.5 x12 PR
270 x10 PR
295 x7 +3 PR

ATG Squats -
180 x15 PR
225 x12 PR
265 x7 PR
315 x4 PR
350 x2 +2 PR
225 x6
135 x6

BB Lunges -
2 sets @ 120 PR

Hack Squat -
2p + 10 x12 PR
2p + 35 x10 PR
3p + 10 x6 +4 PR

Seated Leg Curl -
120 x15 PR
135 x11 PR
155 x7 +3 PR

Seated Calf Raise -
2p + 15 x13 PR
2p + 40 x10 PR
3p + 15 x6 +4 PR

pmug0000
01-05-09, 10:23 pm
Looks like you blasted your legs, nice job.

TheDarkHalf
01-06-09, 7:52 pm
Looks like you blasted your legs, nice job.

You know this mannnnnnnnnnnn.

Today was kind of an off day and you'll soon see why.....

Chins - (weight belt was broken, so I just did a couple of sets - didn't count reps)

T-Bar - (did these on the machine today since doing these anywhere else is now forbidden in my gym - Not counting PRs here, will start again next week)

3p x12
3p + 25 x10
4p x5
4p + 25 x2 +2

Deads - (Used chalk here for the first time, no issues with grip. Found out mid way through that you aren't supposed to use chalk....guess i'll have to keep it on the DL)
185x15 PR
225x11 PR
275x8 PR
320x5 PR
350x3 +2 PR
385x2 PR

DB Row -
80x15 PR
85x12 PR
90x10 +4 PR

Standing Row -
L14x15 PR
L15x12 PR
L15x9 +5 PR

V-Bar Pulldown -
L10x13 PR
L11x8 PR
L12x6 +4 PR

DC Lat Stretch

Abs - 2 Set Ab Circuit
2 Set Hanging Knee Raises
Weighted Abs - 140x15 PR, 150x13 PR, 160x8 +4 PR

pmug0000
01-07-09, 12:26 pm
Strong deads, you're gonna hit 405 soon!

It sounds like they're starting to be some bitches at your gold's. I've been going to a gold's in foggy bottom over the break and they don't have those rules.
When are you gonna start coming back to the GW gym?

Aggression
01-07-09, 12:34 pm
Solid deadlifting bro. Can't wait to see you pull the 400.

TheDarkHalf
01-07-09, 12:40 pm
Strong deads, you're gonna hit 405 soon!

It sounds like they're starting to be some bitches at your gold's. I've been going to a gold's in foggy bottom over the break and they don't have those rules.
When are you gonna start coming back to the GW gym?

Yea man they definitely are, they said that doing those in a corner was ruining the corners and damaging the mirrors. I moved to the power rack and then they told me I couldn't do it at all anymore because it also damages the ends of the bars.

I think i'm going to be back at the GW Gym on Monday and Wed Starting next week.

Solid deadlifting bro. Can't wait to see you pull the 400.

Yea man me too! I'm definitely ready to hit it.

TheDarkHalf
01-07-09, 5:25 pm
Flat BB -
150x15 PR
240x10 PR
270x5 PR (I grabbed a spotter here and got all 5 without him touching the bar, I was pumped)
300x3 (spotter said he helped on last one) +2 (spotter said he gave me just a tap on both) PR

Incline DB -
70x14 PR
75x10 PR
80x7 PR
85x6 +2 PR

Flat Flyes -
60x13 PR
65x10 PR
70x8 PR
75x6 +1 PR

DC Chest stretch with 60s

Standing Calf -
215x15 PR
295x10 PR
335x8 +3 PR

Reverse BB Curls -
80x20 PR
100x14 PR
120x10 +7 PR

Was going to to some dips but forgot all about them, weight belt is still broken anyways. All in all i'd say it was a productive day as usual.

pedraza
01-07-09, 7:13 pm
awsome workout, loking strong

pmug0000
01-07-09, 9:35 pm
You're moving some serious weight on that bench press, and those flies are pretty diesel too, good work.

TheDarkHalf
01-08-09, 9:57 am
awsome workout, loking strong

Thanks bro!

You're moving some serious weight on that bench press, and those flies are pretty diesel too, good work.

Thanks man. I'm hoping that they continue to increase in weight!

Aggression
01-08-09, 11:03 am
Strong pressing bro. Gotta love that 300 piece.

Factory
01-08-09, 12:37 pm
yo the flies are rediculous... I don't even stretch that heavy on chest..

TheDarkHalf
01-08-09, 12:58 pm
Strong pressing bro. Gotta love that 300 piece.

Yea man I was pretty happy with that - i'm really aiming for 315 - i'll be there soon.

yo the flies are rediculous... I don't even stretch that heavy on chest..

Haha thanks bro, I always try to raise my level every workout.

Mr. Aestheticz
01-08-09, 4:19 pm
What Up Kid?

You Around?

TheDarkHalf
01-08-09, 6:11 pm
What Up Kid?

You Around?

Bout time you paid me a visit! It's been a while bro!

BB Curl -
75x17 PR
80x14 PR
90x9 PR
100x5 +3 PR

DB Circuit -
1 @ 25, @ 30, @ 30

Preacher Curls -
45x16 PR
50x12 PR
60x9
65x7 +3

Incline DB -
25x14 PR
30x9 PR
35x5 +3 PR

DC Bicep Stretch

Rope Pulldown -
L9x18 PR
L10x12 PR
L11x9 PR
L12x6 +4 PR

One Arm Pressdown -
L4x16 PR
L5x12 PR
L6x9 PR
L7x6 +4 PR

Kickbacks -
30x16 PR
35x10 PR
40x6 +2 PR

Was going to do some bench dips, but I was ready to move on to abs and get done

DC Tricep stretch with 35s

Abs
2 sets ab circuit
Weighted Abs - 140x18 PR, 150x12, 160x9 +4 PR

I edited my diet slightly, and cut dairy out all together. No more milk (I was drinking 6 servings of skim per day) and no more cottage cheese (I was eating a 1/2 cup per day).
To combat the loss of calories, i've cut down on cardio. I was doing cardio 5-6 times a week, now i'm just keeping it to the weekends. Granted that there is probably still a deficit there, I felt like I was taking in too much. This should be about right.

pmug0000
01-08-09, 8:50 pm
Good job with arms, that's awesome you're still getting PR's on just about every set.
I'm thinking I'm gonna cut out all the milk from my diet pretty soon too. I feel like I'm starting to get a little softer than I like to be and it might be because of all the dairy.

Firedrake
01-08-09, 8:56 pm
Great looking arm day! How're they bending?

TheDarkHalf
01-09-09, 12:14 am
Good job with arms, that's awesome you're still getting PR's on just about every set.
I'm thinking I'm gonna cut out all the milk from my diet pretty soon too. I feel like I'm starting to get a little softer than I like to be and it might be because of all the dairy.

Yea I have a feeling that most of the fat I put on was from the dairy. And thanks man i'm pumped i'm still getting mad PRs, I hope I can keep it up!

Great looking arm day! How're they bending?

Actually Drake I have to say my arms recover super fast, they really don't even feel sore and I don't expect them to feel sore tomorrow either, but we'll see!

Aggression
01-09-09, 9:35 am
I think you did what I would call my favorite arm workout in reference to the exercises, except for the kickbacks haha. Why did you decide to totally omit dairy? I did the same thing a few weeks ago, but I'm just wondering why you made that decision.