PDA

View Full Version : Animal Spirit?

sodapop
11-03-08, 8:46 am
Well, I just started working out this past Monday. I'm getting my food in, I'm hitting the gym. And, I'm fired up to be doing it! All day at school, all I think about is getting to the gym. I get pumped when I know I'm going soon. I suddenly have a huge desire, like a burning, to workout and workout hard, eat everything in sight - already it feels like it's becoming a part of me. I recognize it not as a hobby, but as a fucking lifestyle. And that's what I'm making it.

Just wanted to share my acquisition of the "animal spirit". :D I'm assuming most of you feel thsi way too?

jordo
11-03-08, 10:08 am
I have been hard at it for 2.5 months now. Its actually a routine for me now. I feel like it has become a "need" just because its routine. Its just like taking a shower, just something you have to do. I love it.

simpleguy
11-03-08, 11:15 am
yeah I think about everything related to this several times a day, but not 24hrs

it's good though, when I discovered this site I was absolutely obsessed for a while haha... I still love training and eating good, just that I realised I also have some other stuff to solve in my life

Aggression
11-03-08, 11:57 am
I've been at it for a total of 4 years, but only really seriously eating/training for about 1-2yrs. The college years were tough, with surprise group meetings, exams, cafeteria food, snow closings (they'd close down the gym), there were even times they closed down the gym facility because there was an 'important' meeting going on in one of the 50 rooms within the Sports Facility. Now that I'm on a set schedule with work and all, its time to get nasty. 9 months of bulking, followed by 3 months of dieting, followed by my first show.

sodapop
11-03-08, 1:45 pm
Thanks for the replies, guys. Sounds like Aggression is on my level, haha.
Can't wait to hit the gym today!

J Wong
11-03-08, 3:34 pm
Good that I now have a friend that has the same views as me on this lifestyle. Keep it that way too, haha.

Renji007
11-03-08, 3:35 pm
Well, I just started working out this past Monday. I'm getting my food in, I'm hitting the gym. And, I'm fired up to be doing it! All day at school, all I think about is getting to the gym. I get pumped when I know I'm going soon. I suddenly have a huge desire, like a burning, to workout and workout hard, eat everything in sight - already it feels like it's becoming a part of me. I recognize it not as a hobby, but as a fucking lifestyle. And that's what I'm making it.

Just wanted to share my acquisition of the "animal spirit". :D I'm assuming most of you feel thsi way too?

Can I inquire as to what part of florida you live in my friend?

sodapop
11-03-08, 3:42 pm
Can I inquire as to what part of florida you live in my friend?

Sarasota area. You?

Renji007
11-03-08, 3:52 pm
Sarasota area. You?

I'm a Kissimmee/Orlando man.

Hit me up if you're ever in town, I'll be glad to train with you ^^

sodapop
11-03-08, 7:48 pm
I'm a Kissimmee/Orlando man.

Hit me up if you're ever in town, I'll be glad to train with you ^^

Will do, though I'm not down there much. But, as I'm turning 18 soon (January) and all, who knows, maybe I'll end up there. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know!