PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

LayzieBone085
01-30-10, 2:35 pm
Gonna be pounding them out while at school, if i go home i have a real hack squat to dominate.

Max-Angle
01-30-10, 7:16 pm
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ
5:15pm

PreWO: 1s preWO sample (NanoVapor), 1s BCAA Max, 1s BA

Shoulders:
HS Shoulder Press: 5 x 5-12 (135x15x2, 225x12, 275x8, 295x5)
DB Press: 3 x 6-10 (65x8, 75x8, 85x6)
Standing DB Laterals: 3 x 10-12
Reverse Pec Fly: 2 x 12 (drop on last set)
DB Shrugs: 4 sets

Triceps:
V-Bar Pushdown: 4 x 8-12
Lying X-Body DB Ext: 3 x 10
Seated Pushdown Machine: 3 x 10
Overhead Rope Ext: 2 x 10

You have a strong DB Press man, NICE! Keep up the great work, keep liftin'

Aggression
02-01-10, 8:33 am
Yea I wouldnt wanna laugh so hard that I tear an ab or something.

Laughin' at the idea of you ever standing a chance against the force known as 'Aggression'.

Gonna be pounding them out while at school, if i go home i have a real hack squat to dominate.

Either way, them quads will grow! I love both machines and I constantly mix it up.

You have a strong DB Press man, NICE! Keep up the great work, keep liftin'

Thanks, Max. Gotta get it back up to where it used to be!

Aggression
02-01-10, 8:37 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max
1s BA

Back:
Deadlifts: 2 x 10-15 (135), 1 x _ (225)
Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 4 x 8-12
-- super set w/ --
Standing Cable Pullovers: 4 x 10
Seated Single Arm HS Row: 3 x 10-12
T-Bar Row (bar in corner): 3 x 12-15 (4p)

1s Lemonade Chiller IsoWhey
3s Citrus Rush CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

LayzieBone085
02-01-10, 9:09 am
Ever try T-Bar with 25's?

Aggression
02-01-10, 10:08 am
Ever try T-Bar with 25's?

Actually, yeah I have. I find they give a better ROM, but in the end, I can't fit enough 25's on the bar to make it heavy enough, haha.

Aggression
02-01-10, 10:09 am
Sunday's breakfast tends to stray a bit from the normal bodybuilder diet. I switch it up and go a bit more traditional.

Here is Sunday's breakfast. It was delicous

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/breakfast.jpg

4 eggs
bacon
fresh fruit
oats with blueberries
1s milk and egg
coffee
animal pak
animal omega
2 uni liver

scals
02-01-10, 10:29 am
Solid work. D-Day Saturday.

JUGGERNAUT
02-01-10, 10:51 am
meal is juggs approved

LayzieBone085
02-01-10, 11:20 am
how do you make your oats? they look perfect. How much milk/oats or water/oats you use?

Beach91
02-01-10, 12:01 pm
Subbed in Here Aggression, love the pic of the meal, and the shoulder presses thats some serious weight, good stuff

How are the deads coming for the cage?

Max-Angle
02-01-10, 3:50 pm
Nice work in here man, keep liftin'

C.Coronato
02-01-10, 3:52 pm
Looks good. Breakin chairs and shit, better lay off those sunday morning break-fasts.

Aggression
02-02-10, 8:26 am
Solid work. D-Day Saturday.

Yes sir. Do we have a commemorative coin?

meal is juggs approved

I only post meals that I believe to be 'Juggs approved'. Otherwise I don't even bother.

how do you make your oats? they look perfect. How much milk/oats or water/oats you use?

Ha. Years of practice, lol. For me, I add 2/3c dry oats to a bowl and add just enough water to submerge all the oats. I pop it in the micro for 1min 30s. Perfect. I use the Quaker Quik Oats.

Subbed in Here Aggression, love the pic of the meal, and the shoulder presses thats some serious weight, good stuff

How are the deads coming for the cage?

With each week, they're progressing. I have some techniques I'm going to try out this week and see what happens.

Nice work in here man, keep liftin'

Thanks, Max. No doubt!

Looks good. Breakin chairs and shit, better lay off those sunday morning break-fasts.

Ha. Damn yo, that breakfast was delicious too.

Mr. Aestheticz
02-02-10, 8:29 am
meal is juggs approved

oh what the hell is it with the coffee mugs, you and juggs sharing the same cup he gets it during the week you get it during the weekends?

Aggression
02-02-10, 8:33 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max

Chest:
Incline Smith Machine Press: 5 x 5-15 (135x15x2, 185x10, 225x10, 275x5)
Flat DB Press: 3 x 6-10 (75x10, 90x8, 100x6>drop50xF)
Smith Machine Guillotine Press: 3 x 10-15
Decline DB Fly: 3 x 8-10
Cable Crossover: 2 x 15 w/drop set

Biceps:
Alt. DB Curl: 4 x 6-15 (20x15, 30x10, 40x10, 50x6>25x8)
EZ-Bar 30's: 3 x 30
Preacher Bench HS Curl: 2 sets (triple drop on last set)
High-Pad Hammer Cable Curl: 3 x 10
-- super set w/ --
BTB Barbell Wrist Curl: 3 x 15

3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

LittleMan55
02-02-10, 9:19 am
Solid work going on in here... That's one crazy chest and bi day. I dig it!

B Con
02-02-10, 9:47 am
DAMN. Now that's a killer jersey shore workout. Add some gel and lip gloss and you'll be PIMPING with that pump ;)

Beach91
02-02-10, 12:31 pm
Chest N Bis, those are BEACH muscles bro! Just kidding, super strong inclines though 275x5 is no joke and triple drop sets, definitely killer

LayzieBone085
02-02-10, 2:07 pm
DAMN. Now that's a killer jersey shore workout. Add some gel and lip gloss and you'll be PIMPING with that pump ;)

LOL! x22222!

Firedrake
02-02-10, 5:25 pm
Great chest and back!

How do you like that Lemonade IsoWhey -- I like the chocolate so much, I've never tried anything else!

scals
02-02-10, 8:14 pm

Dont hate.

OklahomaMuscle
02-02-10, 10:27 pm

What he's tryin to say is keep it up with sessions like that and there may be a SITUATION in here...
All jokes aside though some solid work there A, and I'm diggin the breakfast gotta eat big to get big right. Keep poundin

Aggression
02-03-10, 8:38 am
Solid work going on in here... That's one crazy chest and bi day. I dig it!

Weak body parts must be forced to grow, LM. Just trying to get the deed done!

Chest N Bis, those are BEACH muscles bro! Just kidding, super strong inclines though 275x5 is no joke and triple drop sets, definitely killer

LOL! x22222!

Lip gloss is reapplied between sets ;-)

On the real, I knew I'd catch shit for this, haha. Fact is, both my chest and biceps are my 'weak' body parts, so I choose to hit them fresh after a 2 day rest. Gotta pound them into submission and force 'em to grow.

Great chest and back!

How do you like that Lemonade IsoWhey -- I like the chocolate so much, I've never tried anything else!

Thanks, FD. I've yet to have the Lemonade alone. I've been one scoop of that with 3 scoops of the Citrus CarbMax. It tastes pretty good there, but I still prefer the Vanilla Iso/CarbMax blend. I've also done the Tropical Punch IsoWhey/CarbMax blend; another fruity drink that's perfect for postWO.

Dont hate.

repped

What he's tryin to say is keep it up with sessions like that and there may be a SITUATION in here...
All jokes aside though some solid work there A, and I'm diggin the breakfast gotta eat big to get big right. Keep poundin

"Alright, we got a situation."

Thanks, OKM. That breakfast was delicious. I pulled the old ''let's see what we have lying around in the fridge'' move.

Aggression
02-03-10, 8:42 am
Toms River Fitness
8pm

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max

Legs:
Lying Leg Curl: 4 x 8-10 (100x15, 140x10, 170x10, 200[whole stack]x8)
Hack Squats: 4 x 6-10 (1ppsx10, 2ppsx10, 3ppsx10, 3p+25psx6)
Squats: 5 x 6-12 (135x10, 135x5, 225x10, 275x6>225x6)
Walking DB Lunge: 2 sets
Standing Alt. Leg Curl: 4 x 8-10
Leg Extension: 2 x 15

3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

ghost
02-03-10, 8:44 am
such a beast.

mritter3
02-03-10, 8:46 am
killer leg session man...i like that pwo drink your doing...whats it taste like?

Mr. Aestheticz
02-03-10, 8:54 am
How are you liking the new training program compared to the previous one?

B Con
02-03-10, 10:51 am
Great work A. Haha didn't mean to give ya hell bout that last chest/arm session it just reminded me of Jersey Shore... haha funny thing is I hit the same groups yesterday hahaha

Get your mind right. You have a press conference coming. I hear Ocho Cinco news may be there...

Aggression
02-03-10, 4:08 pm
such a beast.

I'm trying, G, I'm trying.

killer leg session man...i like that pwo drink your doing...whats it taste like?

Honestly, the best way I can describe it is that it tastes like an 'orange lemonade' drink. I like the flavor of Lemonade/Carbmax and the Tropical Punch/Carbmax. The only thing to keep in mind is to be sure that they're legitimately cold when drinking them. When the liquid is cool, or just room temperature, it throws off the taste big time. But have some ice water with the T.Punch/Orange CarbMax, and you've got yourself a very tasty postWO concoction.

How are you liking the new training program compared to the previous one?

Every once in a while I'll throw a new system in there to change it up. DC training, Dorian's HIT, etc. But in the end, my mainstay will always be high volume. Plus, I feel with the high volume approach, you can pretty much do whatever you want; drop sets, super sets, giant sets, etc. With DC training, there's too many 'guidelines/rules' to follow, and with HIT, you only have that one real set to push it hard. I like going in there and saying 'Eh, let's superset side laterals with arnold presses'.

Great work A. Haha didn't mean to give ya hell bout that last chest/arm session it just reminded me of Jersey Shore... haha funny thing is I hit the same groups yesterday hahaha

Get your mind right. You have a press conference coming. I hear Ocho Cinco news may be there...

I was pissed off when I had to use the hack squat last night. That shit squashed the back of my head and fucked up my 'brook.

Firedrake
02-03-10, 4:16 pm
Great looking leg day -- sorry the hack squat messed with your head <grin>

Beach91
02-03-10, 4:37 pm
X2 on the volume, my love for volume is keeping me from 5/3/1, All in all sweet leg workout Aggression, now thats a situation

LayzieBone085
02-03-10, 5:09 pm
You have to still be hurting after that man. That is volume and PAIN!

addiction543
02-03-10, 6:59 pm
nice leg day. I'm sure hacks before made squats feel heavy.

NJC_Manhattan
02-03-10, 7:30 pm
Nice squats man

scals
02-03-10, 7:54 pm
Legs got hit hard bro. Nice.

LittleMan55
02-03-10, 10:23 pm
great looking leg day broseph!

Aggression
02-04-10, 8:24 am
Great looking leg day -- sorry the hack squat messed with your head <grin>

I gotta call up Pauly D for some tips. Apparently his hair never moves, even when he goes swimming.

X2 on the volume, my love for volume is keeping me from 5/3/1, All in all sweet leg workout Aggression, now thats a situation

Yeah dude, I hear you on that. I tend to browse around and test out different routines, but I always come back to the high volume. DC Training, HIT, 5/3/1, they all produce big results, but I can't get myself to steer away from volume training. In the end, you have to do what you love to do.

You have to still be hurting after that man. That is volume and PAIN!

Yeah, legs are a funny thing with me. They usually get sore 24hrs later, at the earliest. So when training them at night, its usually the next day, around 5-6pm where I noticed increased soreness coming on, and it gets worse over the next 12-24hrs. Feels good, ahah.

nice leg day. I'm sure hacks before made squats feel heavy.

Yeah man. I love hitting the squats as the second compound movement on legs. I feel it enables you to have a better 'feel' for them, even if you have to use less weight.

Nice squats man

Thanks. Typically I pound out 275 for a 10-spot, but those hacks were all deep reps and really took a toll on me.

Legs got hit hard bro. Nice.

You know it brother.

great looking leg day broseph!

Thanks my man.

Aggression
02-04-10, 9:49 am
Training is never a problem. I've experimented with numerous training systems over the years and have achieved results with pretty much all of them. I've done DC Training, HIT training, and even the workouts from Arnold's Encyclopedia of BB. My home base will always be the high volume approach; hitting each body part once per week with 12-18 sets, depending on body part. The freedom of that way of training is what makes me happy. Having the ability to super set, drop set, giant set, rep out 20, or rep out 3 has always kept things fresh. Its never a dull moment in my training. I've recently purchased Branch Warren's 'Unchained; Raw Reality' DVD. Lemme tell you something, if you haven't watched it yet, scoop it up, or borrow it from me. Dude is a straight beast and he's easily elevated my training intensity as of late. Watching him train gets me pumped up to literally kill the weights.

Supplements are always a sure-bet; Universal Nutrition all the way. Since my beginning years, I've experimented with plenty of supplements from all companies. For me, the more I learned, the smarter I became with supplements, the less of them I ended up taking. I don't use too much nowadays; Natural Sterol Complex, Beta Alanine, Shock Therapy, and a postWO mix has been my main supplements. I'll be hitting up an M-stak or two as soon as I get back from Canada, in order to thicken up just a bit before the Arnold. I don't consider Animal Pak/Animal Omega as 'supplements', rather I consider them to be just as imperative as my whole food meals. Other supplements like BCAA/EAA stack, Storm, Real Gains, Intra-Aid; they all have a place that I seldom visit. I tend to drink a BCAA/EAA/Storm combo on the weekends when I'm not training to keep my system pumping with legit nutrients. Real Gains is usually reserved for 'emergency' purposes.

Lastly, we come to diet. Back in December of 2008, I took my first few steps on the path towards the stage. I was fortunate enough to have some great help in my corner in the form of a National Level NPC competitor. He took me under his wing and we went at it from December-July in pure bulk mode. Following his diet to the 'T', I added ~50lbs of overall mass. Granted, all that mass wasn't clean. We started dieting on the 5th of July for my first ever show, October 31st. Since that show, I've added on ~25lbs of clean weight. I'm pushing the heaviest weight I've ever pushed when it comes to the digits in the gym. However, my diet has never been something I've been completely happy with. So lately, I've been doing a lot of reading/studying. Over the years, I've picked up several tips, ideas, techniques, etc that all help with packing on lean mass. I've begun creating my own bulk diet using a combination of all the knowledge I've acquired over the years. I've always been fascinated by how ordinary food can have such a dramatic impact on one's body. So I'll be my own guinea pig in this situation. I'm still working on the diet, figuring out the smaller details and all, but its close to being done. Once its done, I'll run it for about 8 weeks. For anyone who's interested, I'll keep 'em in the loop, and I'll post the final results after the 8 weeks are done. The overall goal is to add clean mass, obviously, while keeping the body fat down and the waist slim. Let's see what happens ....

Beach91
02-04-10, 12:40 pm
Good read Aggression, youve got your head on straight. Cant wait to see the results, Are u going to post your diet?

Totally agree with your post, your mind is your strongest ally/muscle in this game, theres so many programs/diets/trains of thought out there combined with the fact that everyone is different, cookie cutter progs. just wont cut it. Tailoring a program to yourself based on what your goals are, what your experiences have been and everything youve picked up along the way will equal success. Glad I am subbed on this journey

LittleMan55
02-04-10, 12:41 pm
Madd Scientist you say... IN for the experiment!

LayzieBone085
02-04-10, 2:20 pm
Interested to see what you got up your sleeve bro. Hard work!

C.Coronato
02-04-10, 2:54 pm
Good read my brother, very solid as usual. Im excited to see what you have going on.

OklahomaMuscle
02-04-10, 3:19 pm
Lovin the thought process big homie, this is definitely a thinkin man's game...gotta learn what works and adapt when necessary. Definitely interested in what you got planned...oh and have fun in Canada...=)

Firedrake
02-04-10, 7:00 pm
Experimenting, especially when you have a good baseline of observed experience to work from, is a great teacher. I look forward to your progress with the new diet -- count me in.

Big C
02-04-10, 7:16 pm
I like your write up bro......u got your head where it needs to be. Workouts still looking mighty.

Ok....u gearing up for your Cage battle? At least u know what ur doing...I'm still waiting to see! Sorry but I gotta pull for steve in this one b/c of Team Red...no hard feelings I know u will still do your thing.

Aggression
02-05-10, 8:28 am
Good read Aggression, youve got your head on straight. Cant wait to see the results, Are u going to post your diet?

Totally agree with your post, your mind is your strongest ally/muscle in this game, theres so many programs/diets/trains of thought out there combined with the fact that everyone is different, cookie cutter progs. just wont cut it. Tailoring a program to yourself based on what your goals are, what your experiences have been and everything youve picked up along the way will equal success. Glad I am subbed on this journey

Yes, I'll post up the diet. For now, I'm still running my current diet. I'm going away for an extended weekend in a week, and then the Arnold looms very closely. I'm not going to change anything yet. The new diet will most likely be imposed sometime after the Arnold.

Madd Scientist you say... IN for the experiment!

Yes sir. Gotta bust out the lab coat and safety goggles.

Interested to see what you got up your sleeve bro. Hard work!

You know it.

Good read my brother, very solid as usual. Im excited to see what you have going on.

You'll be seeing it first hand, my brother.

Lovin the thought process big homie, this is definitely a thinkin man's game...gotta learn what works and adapt when necessary. Definitely interested in what you got planned...oh and have fun in Canada...=)

No doubt, OKM.

Experimenting, especially when you have a good baseline of observed experience to work from, is a great teacher. I look forward to your progress with the new diet -- count me in.

Exactly. I feel I've been around a lot of experienced people, and I've done my own research. The diet aspect has always been something that grabbed my attention and this will be my first of what I see to be many experiments with different diets.

I like your write up bro......u got your head where it needs to be. Workouts still looking mighty.

Ok....u gearing up for your Cage battle? At least u know what ur doing...I'm still waiting to see! Sorry but I gotta pull for steve in this one b/c of Team Red...no hard feelings I know u will still do your thing.

Ha yeah I'm ready to rock, C. No harm in rooting for your fellow teammate. Your a good man, and he's going to need you once his pride is shattered.

Aggression
02-05-10, 8:32 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max

GH Stack+EAA stack intra

Shoulders:
Seated BB Press: 7 x 5-15 (barx15, 95x15, 135x10, 165x10, 185x9, 205x5, 135x6)
1-Arm Cable Laterals: 3 x 10-15
-- super set w/ --
Straight Bar Cable Upright Row: 3 x 10-15
Bent Over Reverse DB Fly: 3 x 12
Smith Machine Shrugs: 5 x 8-15
Seated Smith Machine BTN Press: 3 x 10

Abs:
Hanging Leg Raise: 2 x 20,15
90*Crunches: 2 x 15,10
Reverse Crunches: 2 x 15,10

1s Tropical Fruit Punch IsoWhey
3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

ghost
02-05-10, 8:43 am
with a session like that, you are on a warpath. keep it up brother!

Beach91
02-05-10, 9:18 am
Tonnes of shoulder volume, love it!! On the lateral/upright row superset, did u take a wider than normal grip on the row, I do that sometimes to hammer the lateral head on my shoulders even more, always gunning for more shoulder width.

nice volume!

scals
02-05-10, 11:21 am
Solid plan you got goin on. Workout was sick too. See you tomorrow (through the snow) lol

Aggression
02-08-10, 8:31 am
with a session like that, you are on a warpath. keep it up brother!

Thanks, G. Just trying to do some growin'.

Tonnes of shoulder volume, love it!! On the lateral/upright row superset, did u take a wider than normal grip on the row, I do that sometimes to hammer the lateral head on my shoulders even more, always gunning for more shoulder width.

nice volume!

It depends on what I'm trying to hit. If I'm trying to hit the side delts, which is what I was doing this time, I'll take a grip just about shoulder width. If I'm trying to hit more of the traps, I'll take a closer grip.

Solid plan you got goin on. Workout was sick too. See you tomorrow (through the snow) lol

Yeah it sucked that the ABC was canceled. But after waking up Saturday morning, I'm glad it was. There was no way in hell I was going anywhere.

Aggression
02-08-10, 8:36 am
Toms River Fitness
6:30pm

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max

Hamstrings:
HS Seated Leg Curl: 4 x 10-15
Iso-Glute Machine: 3 x 10

Back:
Chest Supported T-Bar Row: 4 x 5-10
Bent-Forward Seated Cable Row: 3 x 10
Deadlifts: 3 warmups, 315x___, 225x___
Neutral Grip Pulldown: 3 x 10
Hyper Extensions: 3 x 10

3s Citrus CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

hardworkE
02-08-10, 11:41 am
Toms River Fitness
6:30pm

1.5s Shock Therapy
1s BCAA Max

Hamstrings:
HS Seated Leg Curl: 4 x 10-15
Iso-Glute Machine: 3 x 10

Back:
Chest Supported T-Bar Row: 4 x 5-10
Bent-Forward Seated Cable Row: 3 x 10
Deadlifts: 3 warmups, 315x___, 225x___
Neutral Grip Pulldown: 3 x 10
Hyper Extensions: 3 x 10

3s Citrus CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

Brotha, Good looking workouts recently. I've been lurking around you journey to check in, make sure you're still killing, and get some motivation. I saw the ABC was moved to March. I'm not sure if I'll still be around, I'll find out next month. Not sure if you heard but I'm moving down south. I should be home in TR for a week or two beforehand so I'm definitely game for hitting a couple workouts if our schedules match up. Keep poundin

Beach91
02-08-10, 5:44 pm
U trained Hams first, then did the deads? Pre-exhaust or a warmup to prepare for the deads? Good session though, cant wait to see u fill on the numbers on those deadlift sets

LayzieBone085
02-08-10, 8:13 pm
You still alive? How many deads you bang out?

Aggression
02-09-10, 8:35 am
Brotha, Good looking workouts recently. I've been lurking around you journey to check in, make sure you're still killing, and get some motivation. I saw the ABC was moved to March. I'm not sure if I'll still be around, I'll find out next month. Not sure if you heard but I'm moving down south. I should be home in TR for a week or two beforehand so I'm definitely game for hitting a couple workouts if our schedules match up. Keep poundin

Glad to hear about the new job, E. I'll definitely have to venture down to the dirty dirty. But for now, hit me up once you get back in TR. We'll hit up some workouts at TR and JSF. Its been too long.

U trained Hams first, then did the deads? Pre-exhaust or a warmup to prepare for the deads? Good session though, cant wait to see u fill on the numbers on those deadlift sets

In an effort to bring up my hamstrings, I've decided to hit them on both Tuesdays and Fridays. It wasn't necessarily a pre-exhaust nor a warmup. It was more of a 'let's get these out of the way, because once I finish hitting back, I won't want to do anything else', haha. Hitting the hams definitely made the reps lighter on the deads, but that's all part of my plan ;-)

You still alive? How many deads you bang out?

Alive and well, my brother LB. Still cranking them out. I've begun implementing some techniques to improve the deads. We'll see. Time will tell.

Aggression
02-09-10, 8:38 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock Therapy and BCAA Max pre

Chest:
Flat BB Bench Press: 6 x 3-15 (barx10, 135x10x2, 185x5, 225x12, 275x6, 315x3)
Incline Hammer Strength Press: 3 x 10
Flat Bench DB Fly: 2 x 8
Incline DB Fly: 2 x 8
FST-7 Machine Press: 7 x 10-15

Biceps:
Single Arm HS Preacher Curl: 4 x 10-15
BB Curl: 3 x 10
Front Double Bi Cable Curl: 3 x 10
-- super set w/ --
Single Arm DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 10

Forearm Circuit: 2 sets

Vanilla IsoWhey, CarbMax, Glutamine, BCAA Max postWO

OklahomaMuscle
02-09-10, 10:01 am
yeah boy...3 pies on the bench...looking solid in here

LittleMan55
02-09-10, 12:19 pm
Looking real strong in here A! Moving 3 pies... Nice!

LayzieBone085
02-09-10, 2:19 pm
Do keep in touch about that dead technique i can use all the help in the world on them.

Max-Angle
02-09-10, 8:39 pm
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Chest:
Flat BB Bench Press: 6 x 3-15 (barx10, 135x10x2, 185x5, 225x12, 275x6, 315x3)
Incline Hammer Strength Press: 3 x 10
Flat Bench DB Fly: 2 x 8
Incline DB Fly: 2 x 8
FST-7 Machine Press: 7 x 10-15

Biceps:
Single Arm HS Preacher Curl: 4 x 10-15
Front Double Bi Cable Curl: 3 x 10
-- super set w/ --
Single Arm DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 10

Forearm Circuit: 2 sets

Vanilla IsoWhey, CarbMax, Glutamine, BCAA Max postWO

Lookin good in here man, keep it up, your a monster of a man and a beast of a human.

B Con
02-10-10, 10:31 am
You are killing it A. Team Yellow all the way. We got this!

I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Aggression
02-10-10, 12:20 pm
yeah boy...3 pies on the bench...looking solid in here

Yes sir. I'm going to start hitting up the lower reps in an effort to push heavier weight. Gotta love the 3-pie look, haha.

Looking real strong in here A! Moving 3 pies... Nice!

Gotta push weight to get that chest growin' brother. See you in a few weeks.

Do keep in touch about that dead technique i can use all the help in the world on them.

Yes sir. I did a few different things last night in my back session, but I'll keep those a secret ... for now. I'll PM ya.

Lookin good in here man, keep it up, your a monster of a man and a beast of a human.

Ha, thanks, Max. Just trying to push the envelope each time I walk into that gym.

You are killing it A. Team Yellow all the way. We got this!

I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Team Yellow will dominate, no doubt.

Aggression
02-10-10, 12:23 pm
Apollon Gym
Edison NJ

Shock Therapy, BCAA Max pre

Back:
Straight Bar Lat Pulldown: 5 x 8-15 (220)
Deadlifts: 6 sets
HS High Row: 3 x 12
Back Extension: 3 x 12

Abs: 6 sets

*Did a few different things with the deadlifts last night; felt good.
*Hit back early in the week; going out of town for an extended weekend, so I had to get the important bodyparts in before I left.
*Up 2.5lbs since the beginning of last week; growth time.

B Con
02-10-10, 12:25 pm
My man is coming up with new ways to kill the deads... glad to hear your up in the weight department as well. Large and in charge.

LayzieBone085
02-10-10, 12:27 pm
6 sets of deadlifts, call the stretcher you aint moving tom morning!

hardworkE
02-10-10, 1:11 pm
Upper body workouts looking large and in charge. I don't remember ever really doing chest with you. We'll get one of those in next month.

Aggression
02-11-10, 8:50 am
My man is coming up with new ways to kill the deads... glad to hear your up in the weight department as well. Large and in charge.

Yes sir. Gotta gain dat dere muslces. Feeling good, although with yesterday's snow day, I indulged a little bit :-/

6 sets of deadlifts, call the stretcher you aint moving tom morning!

HaHa, actually, I felt really good. My lower back was MUCH less tight than it usually is after hitting big deads. Maybe shit is starting to look on the up ...

Upper body workouts looking large and in charge. I don't remember ever really doing chest with you. We'll get one of those in next month.

Believe it or not, I was thinking the same exact thing. Definitely getting a big chest session in asap. Name the date bro, I'm in.

mritter3
02-11-10, 8:51 am
strong work in here aggression, looking forward to you and scals going to battle at the arnold.

LayzieBone085
02-11-10, 10:04 am
Thanks for the PM again bro. Appreciate the help to a fellow brother.

Beach91
02-11-10, 10:50 am
6 sets of deads, sweet volume, isnt it fun lifting in the offseason with all the extra calories!

Enforcer
02-11-10, 11:06 am
Only a few weeks away now bro. Will you be ready? I know Scals will be......

Firedrake
02-11-10, 4:51 pm
Looks like a real solid back day -- have a great weekend!

OklahomaMuscle
02-11-10, 5:42 pm
I know you gotta be loving the snow... workouts look mean... keep bangin

Big C
02-11-10, 11:01 pm
You're gettin some solid workouts in bro.......but u aren't gettin a little scared yet? Big Steve is hungry and on the prowl......u guys gonna be deadlifting all day or what I gotta get my turn when I'm up.

scals
02-13-10, 2:17 pm
strong work in here aggression, looking forward to you and scals going to battle at the arnold.

You're gettin some solid workouts in bro.......but u aren't gettin a little scared yet? Big Steve is hungry and on the prowl......u guys gonna be deadlifting all day or what I gotta get my turn when I'm up.

He's gonna be ready. I didn't call him out because I wanted an easy win. It's gonna be epic!

Aggression
02-16-10, 8:41 am

Hell yeah. I'm ready for this shit.

Thanks for the PM again bro. Appreciate the help to a fellow brother.

No doubt, LB. Its what we do here. Hopefully it helps.

6 sets of deads, sweet volume, isnt it fun lifting in the offseason with all the extra calories!

Oh hell yeah, B. Ha I can still remember those days of restricted calories. Damn it was tough.

C'mon bro, you have to ask?!

Looks like a real solid back day -- have a great weekend!

Thanks, FD. My weekend was one of the best I've ever had.

I know you gotta be loving the snow... workouts look mean... keep bangin

Dude, to hell with the snow. I went to Canada to avoid the snow, believe it or not, lol.

Scared? What is this 'scared' word? Haven't heard it before. Yeah man, I'm ready to do work.

He's gonna be ready. I didn't call him out because I wanted an easy win. It's gonna be epic!

Amen.

Aggression
02-16-10, 8:44 am
My apologies for being MIA for the past 5 days. I was actually in Canada this weekend, and no, it wasn't for the Olympics. I have stayed in touch with one of the women I met in Cancun. We've actually talked every day since. I decided to take a little extended weekend to visit her up in Calgary. The travel was a bit rough; I left NJ at 9:30pm and didn't actually arrive in Calgary until 9:15am the next morning (connecting flight). The way home wasn't any better; left Calgary at 9:15am and landed in NJ at 8:45pm. But it was definitely worth it. I had great weekend with her. Got home late last night, unpacked, got my shit straight, and I'm back on the grind.

LayzieBone085
02-16-10, 8:55 am
You were never off the grind brother, Just do the damn thing.

C.Coronato
02-16-10, 10:28 am
Welcome back my brother. 2.5 weeks to get ready ..

B Con
02-16-10, 10:31 am
Glad the trip went well and in for details. Feel free to text haha

OklahomaMuscle
02-16-10, 10:36 am
Sounds like Canada was a good time, good to have ya back, now get to work you got a challenge to win...

Aggression
02-16-10, 2:46 pm
You were never off the grind brother, Just do the damn thing.

Yes sir.

Welcome back my brother. 2.5 weeks to get ready ..

Oh I'm ready, TTL, for sure.

Glad the trip went well and in for details. Feel free to text haha

Ha, yeah man I'll fill ya in on a bit of it, eh?

Sounds like Canada was a good time, good to have ya back, now get to work you got a challenge to win...

Yeah man it was a great weekend. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Beach91
02-16-10, 5:27 pm
You ventured up North? Where in Canada did u visit? Hope my fellow Canadians treated u well!

Firedrake
02-16-10, 5:31 pm
Sounds like a good time was had, and your head's back in the game and ready to do work!

Aggression
02-17-10, 8:33 am
You ventured up North? Where in Canada did u visit? Hope my fellow Canadians treated u well!

Yes sir, B. I had connecting flights, so I went from NJ to Toronto. Then Toronto to Calgary. Yes it was a very good time and I was treated very well. I kept my mouth shut while the Olympics were on TV though, lol.

Sounds like a good time was had, and your head's back in the game and ready to do work!

Already back in the game and my legs are already hurtin'. See below:

Aggression
02-17-10, 8:38 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

*Sometimes you needa get a little crazy, eh?

Legs:
Standing Alt. Leg Curls: 4 x 12-15
Hack Squats: 4 x 8-10 (1ppsx10, 2ppsx10, 3ppsx10, 4ppsx8 PR)
BB Squats: 3 sets; last set was a double drop (275>225>135)
Leg Press: 2 sets (5ppsx25, 7ppsx30)
Single Leg Ext: 2 x 15

Seated Calf Raise: 3 x 15
Leg Press Calf Raise: 3 x 15

Lemonade Chiller IsoWhey, CarbMax, Glutamine, BCAA Max postWO

Riddle Me This:
My weekend in Canada left me eating <2 meals per day. The meals were small, and not 'bodybuilding' foods. I lost ~3lbs during the weekend. But then I come into the gym after one day of eating well and put up my best numbers on the hack, and personal bests on the leg press as well. Go figure ..

LayzieBone085
02-17-10, 9:02 am
Sometimes a little break does a body good my man. It just showed.

OklahomaMuscle
02-17-10, 9:47 am
Riddle Me This:

Is it possible you have been spending too much time with Juggs and are now infected with the "mutant" virus? Other possible explanations would be, you drank "Juiced" water in Canada, possible facial hair growth, or the anabolic properties of oreos... Could be any number of things really... whatever the cause nice job on the hacks homie

LittleMan55
02-17-10, 10:07 am
I do the same thing on the weekends, because sometimes I just don't want to eat. But, put 4 meals in me pre work out on Monday and I'm at it full force like nothing was changed. It confuses the hell out of me to be honest.

Great looking work in here bro! See ya in a few weeks.

B Con
02-17-10, 10:22 am
KILLER leg session to get things going again back from the trip eh? Love it. Got your PM and replying in a bit. Sounded like a bad ass time. As far as the riddling goes, you were prolly just foaming at the mouth and super motivated to get lifting again after the hiatus. I do the same thing brother. Let's go YELLOW.

Aggression
02-17-10, 12:08 pm
Sometimes a little break does a body good my man. It just showed.

Yes absolutely. We'll see what happens tonight then.

Is it possible you have been spending too much time with Juggs and are now infected with the "mutant" virus? Other possible explanations would be, you drank "Juiced" water in Canada, possible facial hair growth, or the anabolic properties of oreos... Could be any number of things really... whatever the cause nice job on the hacks homie

If I'm infected with the mutant virus, then I have no problem with that! Although I think that its wishful thinking.

Hmm ... she DID say the tap water is clean, b/c it comes right from the glaciers. Maybe dem glaciers had some powerful properties to them. Ha no oreos, but I did have a Buffalo burger .... ?!?!?!?

I do the same thing on the weekends, because sometimes I just don't want to eat. But, put 4 meals in me pre work out on Monday and I'm at it full force like nothing was changed. It confuses the hell out of me to be honest.

Great looking work in here bro! See ya in a few weeks.

Then you understand exactly what I went through; I only ate 2 times per day and I didn't have any problems with it. It felt so nice not to worry about ''o shit, I gotta eat again''. It honestly felt niCe. And I went right back to my normal meals yesterday and hit the gym hard, heavy, and hit PRs. Something is going on here, and its weird ....

KILLER leg session to get things going again back from the trip eh? Love it. Got your PM and replying in a bit. Sounded like a bad ass time. As far as the riddling goes, you were prolly just foaming at the mouth and super motivated to get lifting again after the hiatus. I do the same thing brother. Let's go YELLOW.

Ha yeah, I couldn't wait to hit it up. I was counting down the hours at work. I leave work and head straight to Apollon, drinking my Shock Therapy on the way while listening to my Gym-Tune Mix CD. I get amped up every time. Team Yellow in da house.

scals
02-17-10, 9:14 pm
Nice leg workout brother. High rep leg press, you read minds!

Aggression
02-18-10, 8:21 am
Nice leg workout brother. High rep leg press, you read minds!

Ha, yeah man. I saw your post and 'L-O-L'ed' haha.

Aggression
02-18-10, 8:25 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Pre:
Shock Therapy
BCAA Max

Chest:
Incline DB Press: 4 x 5-15 (110s)
Incline Neutral Grip Machine Press: 4 x 8-10 (300)
Flat DB Press: 3 x 8 (80s)
Weighted Dips: 2 x F (+45lbs)
Cable Fly: 2 x 15

Biceps:
Single Arm Preacher Bench Cable Curl: 4 x 8-15
Standing DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 6-10 (50s)
FST-7 Straight Bar Cable Curl: 7 x 10-15

1mile run

3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

OklahomaMuscle
02-18-10, 10:37 am
BIG WEIGHT...yeah boy pressin those 110's on the incline huh... I see ya... How's the cardio coming along for your deadlift marathon?? lmao, shaping up to be a nasty battle...I like it

Aggression
02-18-10, 3:06 pm
BIG WEIGHT...yeah boy pressin those 110's on the incline huh... I see ya... How's the cardio coming along for your deadlift marathon?? lmao, shaping up to be a nasty battle...I like it

Yes sir, gotta push them heavy irons. My chest is a lagging bodypart, so I'm trying some methods to bring it up. I keep the reps high, around 8-10 on most exercises, but on the big pressing ones, mainly the db presses and barbell presses, I'll be doing a bit heavier. We'll see what happens.

As for the cardio, yes, ya gotta build up the endurance for that deadlift marathon. After a practice run, you realize how much of it is cardio. So for that, and other main benefits of staying fit.

C.Coronato
02-18-10, 3:33 pm
110s, very nice my friend. Keep slangin that shit.

Big C
02-18-10, 4:46 pm
Lookin good on that chest and biceps....you're def pushin some heavier weight man.

Yeah, that Epic Beard Man made my morning.......I loved the Mortal Kombat vid, fuckin classic!!!

Beach91
02-18-10, 5:51 pm
Nice work, on the chest, up the weight drop the reps a little and your chest will be forced to grow, brother

And I see the FST 7 on the biceps, its a fun way to up the intensity, Killer work A!

Aggression
02-19-10, 8:21 am
110s, very nice my friend. Keep slangin that shit.

Gotta get dem 120s up bro.

Lookin good on that chest and biceps....you're def pushin some heavier weight man.

Yeah, that Epic Beard Man made my morning.......I loved the Mortal Kombat vid, fuckin classic!!!

Trying to eat more to push more, Big C.

Dude that whole scenario was priceless. I couldn't stop laughing. All day long I kept seeing those pics created by people, and the videos. I was dying. And all those pics of the amber lamps, ambulances with amber lamps on them, haha. Fucking hysterical.

Nice work, on the chest, up the weight drop the reps a little and your chest will be forced to grow, brother

And I see the FST 7 on the biceps, its a fun way to up the intensity, Killer work A!

Yes sir. My 2 weakpoints; chest and biceps. I'm going to change the routine a bit so that I can hit FST-7's for both. Doing two separate FST's on the same day would end up being way too much.

Aggression
02-19-10, 8:25 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock Therapy+BCAA Max pre

Shoulders/Traps:
SM Shoulder Press: 4 x 8-15 (185)
Standing DB Press: 3 x 8-10
Standing DB Laterals: 3 x 12 w/dropset
Reverse Pec Fly: 3 x 12
SM BTB Shrugs: 3 x 10 (275)
-- super set w/ --
HS Shrug: 3 x 15 (3pps)

Triceps
Rope Pressdown: 4 x 8-15
Seated Single Arm DB Extension: 3 x 10
Wide Grip Pushdown: 3 x 10-15

Abs:
Rope Crunches: 3 x 20
-- super set w/ --
Decline Crunches: 3 x 15

Torrent+BCAA Max post

LayzieBone085
02-19-10, 9:07 am
I am really going to alter my split to pair triceps and shoulders, doing chest and shoulders right now on the same day takes a lot out of each other due to the pressing movements.

Suggestion?

Back
Chest/Bi's
Off
Legs
Shoulder/Tri
Off?

Aggression
02-19-10, 12:51 pm
I am really going to alter my split to pair triceps and shoulders, doing chest and shoulders right now on the same day takes a lot out of each other due to the pressing movements.

Suggestion?

Back
Chest/Bi's
Off
Legs
Shoulder/Tri
Off?

Yeah I hear ya. Actually, I have the same split as you, with the workouts altered a bit. Here's mine:

Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders/Triceps
Friday - Back w/ some hamstrings

For me, I do it this way to make sure the secondary muscles are also fresh, if you know what I mean. For example, you hit biceps directly after your 'back' day. Your biceps might be a little prefatigued due to hitting back the night before. I set mine up so that each body part is completely fresh.

Aggression
02-21-10, 2:41 pm
Toms River Fitness

Shock Therapy and BCAA Max

Back:
Reverse Grip Pulldown: 5 x 8-15
Barbell Row: 4 x 8-10 (275)
HS Iso Row: 3 x 10 (4p+25ps)
Deadlifts: 2 x __ (225)
Weighted Hypers: 3 x 10

Torrent + BCAA Max post

scals
02-21-10, 3:32 pm
Are you ready?

Aggression
02-22-10, 10:02 am
Are you ready?

Its getting good now, brother. Real good.

-----------------------------------------------------

Joined a buddy last night for sushi. There's a place in my town; $25, all you can eat sushi. We went to town. I put down 7 rolls, plus some single pieces. I've never been more full in my life. I literally felt sick, but hey, we got our money's worth, eh? Great stuff. It may become a Sunday tradition.

Chest/Biceps tonight. Let's get dirty.

mritter3
02-22-10, 10:24 am
putting in some killer work Aggression, looking forward to your battle with scals....

OklahomaMuscle
02-22-10, 10:51 am
Joined a buddy last night for sushi. There's a place in my town; $25, all you can eat sushi. We went to town. I put down 7 rolls, plus some single pieces. I've never been more full in my life. I literally felt sick, but hey, we got our money's worth, eh?

Well done sir, well done eh? Keep grindin out those deads playboy. You pulling right up till the Arnold or are you "deloading" *in for the super secret strategy*...lmao

B Con
02-22-10, 10:59 am
mmmm sushi. Was good to hear from ya this weekend as well and glad Yellow is representing.

Aggression
02-22-10, 3:35 pm
putting in some killer work Aggression, looking forward to your battle with scals....

Its going to be a serious battle of guts, that's for sure.

Well done sir, well done eh? Keep grindin out those deads playboy. You pulling right up till the Arnold or are you "deloading" *in for the super secret strategy*...lmao

Ain't no deloading up in here, OKM. haha.

mmmm sushi. Was good to hear from ya this weekend as well and glad Yellow is representing.

Yes sir. Always good to get a text from a teammate for some extra motivation.

LayzieBone085
02-22-10, 7:59 pm
How we doing in here brother? pounding food and getting big?

Aggression
02-23-10, 8:28 am
How we doing in here brother? pounding food and getting big?

What else is there to do, LB? haha

Aggression
02-23-10, 8:31 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Chest:
Incline BB Press: 4 x 6-15
Flat DB Press: 3 x 8-10
Decline HS Press: 3 x 8-10
Pec Dec Fly: FST-7's

1mile run

postWO Shake: Lemonade Chiller IsoWhey, CarbMax, Glutamine

LayzieBone085
02-23-10, 8:53 am
Oh hell yeah! Im ready for chest tomorrow! GOOD SHIT!

B Con
02-23-10, 9:43 am
Pounded the chest. I'm a fan of that lemonade flavor too...

OklahomaMuscle
02-23-10, 5:08 pm
1 mile run?? Interesting... Were you chasing a bakery truck? Maybe the ice cream man? lmao

Firedrake
02-23-10, 5:26 pm
Great chest day, but how were you able to breathe deeply enough to run after all that <grin>?

C.Coronato
02-23-10, 5:37 pm
1 mile run? You feeling ok?

Aggression
02-24-10, 8:29 am
Oh hell yeah! Im ready for chest tomorrow! GOOD SHIT!

Kill it homie. Gotta love a pumped up chest.

Pounded the chest. I'm a fan of that lemonade flavor too...

Eh, I'm honestly getting tired of it. And that 2lb tub lasts forever, especially when you're only using 1 scoop, haha. I'm actually going to switch back to Torrent next week. I'm missing me some of that GAA flavor.

1 mile run?? Interesting... Were you chasing a bakery truck? Maybe the ice cream man? lmao

LoL. The ice cream man will be roaming the streets soon enough. I gotta start saving my change so I can get me a WWF ice cream bar. Those were the shit!

Great chest day, but how were you able to breathe deeply enough to run after all that <grin>?

Just gotta push it to the limit, FD.

1 mile run? You feeling ok?

HaHa, feeling good, feeling great, TTL. Gotta step my cardio game up for a few reasons.

Aggression
02-24-10, 8:33 am
Had the day off from the gym last night. I had a dermatologist appointment to get a birth mark (or mole, whatever you wanna call it) removed from my head. I've never been in and out of an office that quick before. They numbed it up, and were burning it off seconds later. Now it looks like I have a bullet hole in my head. My first question before they started was, ''I can still workout, right?". Cuz I gots a deadlift contest to win.

Legs tonight. Then I gotta pick up some food, which I'm not looking forward to. Apparently we're getting more snow (yes, you heard right) tonight into tomorrow, so by the time I get to the store, it'll be slim pickings, and the store will most likely be jammed packed with all those people fearing that they'll be snowed into their homes again. Oh well. I'll be grilling chicken/beef on the grill outside tonight, most likely in the snow and freezing weather. Ahhh the life ....

Beach91
02-24-10, 8:52 am
Grilled food outside in the snow, sounds like Canadian livin!! Have fun with the leg day tonite! Are you running outside, like Rocky in Rocky 4, gettin ready for the big fight

Aggression
02-24-10, 8:57 am
Grilled food outside in the snow, sounds like Canadian livin!! Have fun with the leg day tonite! Are you running outside, like Rocky in Rocky 4, gettin ready for the big fight

Brother, with the type of weather we've been having in Jersey, I may move to Canada, haha. I hear its been rather nice there lately.

As for the running, yeah, I'm running outside 1-2x per week and then on the treadmill 1-2x per week postWO.

B Con
02-24-10, 9:57 am
You would move to Canada :)

Man it's fucking snowing here now... I'm tired of this weather... when the hell is Spring/Summer...

I love some off days as well... today was my "off day" but that equates to accessory work and cardio haha. Love the comment to the Doc as well...

I was grilling last weekend in the 30 degree weather here so I can definitely picture someone else doing it.

LayzieBone085
02-24-10, 12:14 pm
IN for legs!

Aggression
02-24-10, 2:24 pm
You would move to Canada :)

Man it's fucking snowing here now... I'm tired of this weather... when the hell is Spring/Summer...

I love some off days as well... today was my "off day" but that equates to accessory work and cardio haha. Love the comment to the Doc as well...

I was grilling last weekend in the 30 degree weather here so I can definitely picture someone else doing it.

Calgary, here I come ;-)

IN for legs!

Legs are crusin' for a brusin'. And tonight I am their cruise director. And my name is Captain Bruisin'.

scals
02-24-10, 8:00 pm
Do big things with those legs.

Aggression
02-25-10, 8:36 am
Do big things with those legs.

I hope I made ya proud ...

Aggression
02-25-10, 8:40 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock and BCAA Max pre

Legs:
Lying Leg Curls: 4 x 10-15
BB Squat: 5 x 4-10 (315)
Vertical Leg Press: 3 x 15 (6pps)
Leg Press: 3 sets [left legx10, bothx10, rightx10, bothx10] = 1 set
Seated Calf Raise: 6 sets

1s Vanilla IsoWhey
3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

*Post-Arnold; going to reevaluate my squat technique. I know it can be better ..

LayzieBone085
02-25-10, 8:54 am
Squat technique can always be better my man, see you in a week! Get ready for the mongoloian grill

mritter3
02-25-10, 9:01 am
strong leg session aggression....keep up the strong work ethic man.

B Con
02-25-10, 9:45 am
Squat technique can always be better.... solid ass session... bring on the jello legs

Aggression
02-25-10, 9:53 am
Squat technique can always be better.... solid ass session... bring on the jello legs

strong leg session aggression....keep up the strong work ethic man.

Squat technique can always be better my man, see you in a week! Get ready for the mongoloian grill

Thanks fellas. Yeah I know it can be better. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. After the set of 315, I went down to 135 and my form was spotless. I guess as the weight goes up, my form slacks; its natural. The problem I have deals with leaning forward. With the 135, I can sit back and it feels great. As I get to 225+, its not so great. Hmm ..

Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock and BCAA Max pre

Legs:
Lying Leg Curls: 4 x 10-15
BB Squat: 5 x 4-10 (315)
Vertical Leg Press: 3 x 15 (6pps)
Leg Press: 3 sets [left legx10, bothx10, rightx10, bothx10] = 1 set
Seated Calf Raise: 6 sets

1s Vanilla IsoWhey
3s CarbMax
1s Glutamine
1s BCAA Max

*Post-Arnold; going to reevaluate my squat technique. I know it can be better ..

page bump

Beach91
02-25-10, 10:20 am
Solid Leg day Aggression, I too have problems with squat tech., I have turned to doing a tonne of front squats and hacks for my heavier sets, and using the traditional squats for my higher rep sets. There are a few cues to follow such as keeping your posture, not leaning forward and push through your heels, it may help to down the weight used after the arnold, and sorta rebuild your squat, focusing on form n technique, then the weight will come and u will hit PRs with good form in no time

scals
02-25-10, 7:32 pm
I hear ya on the leaning forward part brother. I have the same problem 315+. Can't seem to stay as upright as I would like. I started flaring my knees outward a lil more and pointing my toes out slightly. It's helping.

Aggression
02-26-10, 9:03 am
Solid Leg day Aggression, I too have problems with squat tech., I have turned to doing a tonne of front squats and hacks for my heavier sets, and using the traditional squats for my higher rep sets. There are a few cues to follow such as keeping your posture, not leaning forward and push through your heels, it may help to down the weight used after the arnold, and sorta rebuild your squat, focusing on form n technique, then the weight will come and u will hit PRs with good form in no time

That's the plan, B. Post-Arnold, I'm going to add squats as my last exercise. Use lighter weight (185-225) and really work on sitting back, pushing through the heels. As you said, I feel that once the form is down, I'll be able to rep 315+ like I want to.

I hear ya on the leaning forward part brother. I have the same problem 315+. Can't seem to stay as upright as I would like. I started flaring my knees outward a lil more and pointing my toes out slightly. It's helping.

Yup. Same problems here man. I might give your way a try and see what happens.

Aggression
02-26-10, 9:07 am
Toms River Fitness
6:15pm

Shock and BCAA Max pre

Shoulders:
Seated BB Press: 5 x 5-15 (200x5)
Machine Side Laterals: 3 x 8-12 (100[stack]x8)
Front DB Raise: 3 x 6-12 (50s)
-- super set w --
BB Upright Rows: 3 x 12
Bent Over Cable Reverse Fly: 2 x 12

Triceps:
Straight Bar Pressdown: 4 x 8-12
Machine Decline Pressdown: 3 x 10
Smith Machine Incline CGBP: 3 x 8-10 (185)

1 mile run

Torrent+BCAA Max postWO

RICER88
02-26-10, 9:30 am
Lookin Good in here bro, Aint squats a bitch, lol, I have the same problem as you, (Not doing the same weight tho) I tend to lean forward I have been focusing on picking a spot on the mirror to look at, this helps keep my head up and chest out, and then I have been trying to start every rep by basically sticking out my ass so I am forced back on my heels.

RICER88

OklahomaMuscle
02-26-10, 10:16 am
Looking real good in here A. Sounds like you are having the same issues with your squat I'm battling. I've been told mines a "core" strength issue. If you can have someone checkout your form. A few things that helped me, really drive your shoulder blades together to create the "shelf" for the bar. Try and keep your elbows under the bar on the way down this helps keep you sitting back and not down, also to help me keep my head/chest up I'd wear a hat turned backwards and try and make the bill touch my traps, for the knees issue try and get a band or something to put around your knees and make yourself push out while sitting back/squatting-this really reinforces the knees out motion... there are tons of little tips and tricks out there just gotta find what works best for you.

B Con
02-26-10, 10:52 am
KILLING it. That's what I'm talking bout... let's go yellow.

LayzieBone085
02-26-10, 11:23 am
Thats what I am doing tomorrow! Whats your outline of your split?

Chest/Bi
Legs
Shoulder/Tri
Back?

Aggression
02-26-10, 2:12 pm
Lookin Good in here bro, Aint squats a bitch, lol, I have the same problem as you, (Not doing the same weight tho) I tend to lean forward I have been focusing on picking a spot on the mirror to look at, this helps keep my head up and chest out, and then I have been trying to start every rep by basically sticking out my ass so I am forced back on my heels.

RICER88

Looking real good in here A. Sounds like you are having the same issues with your squat I'm battling. I've been told mines a "core" strength issue. If you can have someone checkout your form. A few things that helped me, really drive your shoulder blades together to create the "shelf" for the bar. Try and keep your elbows under the bar on the way down this helps keep you sitting back and not down, also to help me keep my head/chest up I'd wear a hat turned backwards and try and make the bill touch my traps, for the knees issue try and get a band or something to put around your knees and make yourself push out while sitting back/squatting-this really reinforces the knees out motion... there are tons of little tips and tricks out there just gotta find what works best for you.

Seems like everyone has the same issues with squats. I'll take all the advice from everyone here and use it to my advantage on the next go round. I appreciate it.

KILLING it. That's what I'm talking bout... let's go yellow.

Team Yellow = nation of domination. Call me Ron Simmons.

Thats what I am doing tomorrow! Whats your outline of your split?

Chest/Bi
Legs
Shoulder/Tri
Back?

Actually, yes. This was my split since November. I am making a minor tweak to it though. In an effort to bring up my 2 lagging body parts, chest and biceps, I've been doing FST-7s for them. But I don't think doing them both in the same day is beneficial. Therefore, my split this week is as follows. It may change again, as I like a 4-day split as opposed to a 5.

M - Chest/Traps
T - Quads
R - Shoulders/Triceps
F - Back
Sa - Biceps/Hamstrings.

We'll see how it goes.

Big C
02-26-10, 7:19 pm
Strong shoulder session Amba lamps......I like that incline CGB on the Smith, I will definatley give that a try. See u in a week and have a safe trip in.....take care of that back you're gonna need it Sunday!

Aggression
03-01-10, 8:23 am
Strong shoulder session Amba lamps......I like that incline CGB on the Smith, I will definatley give that a try. See u in a week and have a safe trip in.....take care of that back you're gonna need it Sunday!

Yeah its something I did once before and decided to give it another shot. See you in a few days brother.

Aggression
03-01-10, 8:27 am
Toms River Fitness

Shock Therapy
BCAA Max

Back:
HS Overhead Pulldown: 4 x 8-12 (275)
DB Row: 3 x 8-10 (150s)
Seated Row: 3 x 10-15

Biceps:
High-Pad Machine Curl: 4 x 8-15
DB Curl: 3 x 8-10 (drop set on each)

Hamstrings:
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3 x 10
Leg Pres (feet at the top): 3 x 15

1s IsoWhey
10oz grape juice
1s glutamine
1s BCAA Max

*Hit sort of a make-up/weekend wrap up workout. Went in and hit it hard/intense.

OklahomaMuscle
03-01-10, 10:01 am
Nice session over the weekend A, only 6 more days and you'll be closin out the Cage with the Deadlift Marathon...You ready??

scals
03-01-10, 10:46 am
Good workout brother. See ya in a couple days.

B Con
03-01-10, 12:13 pm
Haha oh man great WWF reference... hahaha looking forward to the Cage man... I bet you've made crazy progress since last year

Beach91
03-01-10, 12:40 pm
Watch out Farooq, and up an coming Rock is going to screw u over and take your spot!!

LayzieBone085
03-01-10, 2:09 pm
Looks like some growth happened today!

Aggression
03-01-10, 3:18 pm
Nice session over the weekend A, only 6 more days and you'll be closin out the Cage with the Deadlift Marathon...You ready??

I gotta feelin' that the score is going to be tied going into the final comp ....

Good workout brother. See ya in a couple days.

Yes sir. Can't wait, big guy.

Haha oh man great WWF reference... hahaha looking forward to the Cage man... I bet you've made crazy progress since last year

Well .. I'll be clocking in at pretty much the same weight as last year, but me @ 215 this year will be a helluva lot different than me @ 215 last year.

Watch out Farooq, and up an coming Rock is going to screw u over and take your spot!!

Haha, fuckin' Farrooq! Those were the days.

Looks like some growth happened today!

Growth happens every day, LB. Or at least I try to make it happen daily.

Aggression
03-02-10, 8:33 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock/BCAA Max

Chest:
Flat BB Bench Press: 5 x 6-15 (275)
Incline DB Press: 3 x 6-10 (100s)
Decline HS Press: 2 x 8-10 (3p)
Cable Fly: 2 x 12
-- super set w/ --
DB Pullover: 3 x 10
Incline Machine Press: FST-7

Biceps:
Alt. Cable Curl: 4 x 12-15

1mile run

Torrent/BCAA Max

KzA
03-02-10, 8:37 am
1mile run

ahh I didnt know big boys could run too! hahaha

Sick session brotha. How you like Apollon?

LayzieBone085
03-02-10, 8:58 am
Fist Pump away baby! Jersey Shore Workout FTW

B Con
03-02-10, 9:54 am
Solid work A. I definitely understand what you mean bout the difference in weight... I'll be I think around the same as well from last year however, I definitely look better at this weight than last.

Aggression
03-02-10, 2:50 pm
ahh I didnt know big boys could run too! hahaha

Sick session brotha. How you like Apollon?

HaHa, yup. We can run a little bit.

Apollon is definitely a sick gym, but I'm returning to TR Fitness in June. After soo many years there, I've grown very comfortable, and I miss it.

Fist Pump away baby! Jersey Shore Workout FTW

HaHa. Yes sir.

Solid work A. I definitely understand what you mean bout the difference in weight... I'll be I think around the same as well from last year however, I definitely look better at this weight than last.

Exactly. See you in just a few days, Big B.

Beach91
03-02-10, 5:00 pm
Good luck with the Deads competition! have a blast at the Cage too!!!!!!

Firedrake
03-02-10, 5:05 pm
Great work yesterday -- looking forward to meeting you on Friday!

Aggression
03-03-10, 8:35 am
Good luck with the Deads competition! have a blast at the Cage too!!!!!!

Absolutely, B. Its gonna be a helluva time.

Great work yesterday -- looking forward to meeting you on Friday!

Likewise, FD. See you soon.

Aggression
03-03-10, 8:37 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

Shock/BCAA Max

Legs:
Seated Leg Curl: 1 x 10
Hack Squat: 1 x 10 (4pps)
PowerSquat: 1 x 5 (5pps)
BB Squat: 3 x 8-10 (225) *went 135, 185, 225 to rework my form.
Lying Leg Curl: 1 x 15 (135)
DB Lunge: 1 x 24 paces (45lb DBs)
Standing Calf Raise: 1 x 15 (300)

Torrent/BCAA Max

LayzieBone085
03-03-10, 9:40 am
Some leg day motivation for me right there. Good stuff my man.

OklahomaMuscle
03-03-10, 9:56 am
good session A, how'd the squats feel this week? You starting to solidify the form?

B Con
03-03-10, 10:02 am
killing it my man straight killing it.

hardworkE
03-03-10, 12:18 pm
Have a great time at the Arnold man. Take a bunch of pics so I can check them out. Hopefully there is video footage of the deadlift comp, I definitely want to see that!!

T o m m Y
03-03-10, 12:29 pm
I see you train at Apollon Gym..Im doing a Meet there march 27th,are any other animals going to be doing it too??

Aggression
03-03-10, 3:27 pm
Some leg day motivation for me right there. Good stuff my man.

Ha. Glad to help, my man. Kill it.

good session A, how'd the squats feel this week? You starting to solidify the form?

My quads were a bit shaky from the hacks/power squats, but the 185 did feel a bit better. I was going really slow, and overemphasizing the whole 'sit back action', but it was better this time around. Practice makes perfect.

killing it my man straight killing it.

Always, B. You know this.

Have a great time at the Arnold man. Take a bunch of pics so I can check them out. Hopefully there is video footage of the deadlift comp, I definitely want to see that!!

No doubt. We actually have a live stream going on from the Cage. I'll find the link and hit ya up with it ...

I see you train at Apollon Gym..Im doing a Meet there march 27th,are any other animals going to be doing it too??

Hmmm I don't think so brother.

Firedrake
03-03-10, 3:30 pm
Solid leg day. I'm looking forward to the weekend's gathering with everyone like you wouldn't believe!

Aggression
03-04-10, 8:46 am
Solid leg day. I'm looking forward to the weekend's gathering with everyone like you wouldn't believe!

In 12 hours, I'll be 'preparing to land' in Columbus. Here we go.

OklahomaMuscle
03-04-10, 10:12 am
Have fun in C-bus big homie, with your current travel status I thought I'd share this...Nevr been but if it's anything like the Europa this is all SOOO very true..
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/arnold_bingo.htm

LittleMan55
03-04-10, 11:08 am
That leg day loooked nasty!

See ya in C-Bus tomorrow brother!

Aggression
03-04-10, 3:32 pm
Have fun in C-bus big homie, with your current travel status I thought I'd share this...Nevr been but if it's anything like the Europa this is all SOOO very true..
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/arnold_bingo.htm

LAMO. This is hilarious man. I'll get this board done and cover EVERYTHING in the first hour of being there.

That leg day loooked nasty!

See ya in C-Bus tomorrow brother!

Yes sir. Godsmack's 'straight out of line' is playing right now. I smell the CAGE.

Beach91
03-04-10, 3:34 pm
Straight OUtta LIne = CAGE = Beach in Jealous Rage!!

Just kidding, wicked leg day A, i think i may follow your lead some day and do 1 set of each leg exercise i have, there so many options when it comes to eg day its hard to choose just a few!

Aggression
03-04-10, 3:40 pm
Straight OUtta LIne = CAGE = Beach in Jealous Rage!!

Just kidding, wicked leg day A, i think i may follow your lead some day and do 1 set of each leg exercise i have, there so many options when it comes to eg day its hard to choose just a few!

Yeah. HIT training is no joke. I was skeptical at first, wondering how one set per exercise could induce enough damage to promote growth. Sure enough, i was proven wrong, as it definitely works.

Post-Arnold, I'm toying with the idea of either going back to DC training, or maybe 5/3/1 to get some strength. I did the HIT for a few weeks (12). I needed to take a break to repair my CNS, and then I went back into high volume for a few weeks. We'll see what happens next. I'll shoot the shit/talk shop with the boys at the Arnold. Maybe Aggression and B Con will run a duel 5/3/1 journey ....

OklahomaMuscle
03-04-10, 3:58 pm
Post-Arnold, I'm toying with the idea of either going back to DC training, or maybe 5/3/1 to get some strength. I did the HIT for a few weeks (12). I needed to take a break to repair my CNS, and then I went back into high volume for a few weeks. We'll see what happens next. I'll shoot the shit/talk shop with the boys at the Arnold. Maybe Aggression and B Con will run a duel 5/3/1 journey ....

5/3/1 is an awesome program. I'm toying with the idea myself. it's simple and crazy effective...hmmm maybe I'll have to just go for it... I've yet to hear a bad report from those that actually do it correctly

Aggression
03-04-10, 4:44 pm
5/3/1 is an awesome program. I'm toying with the idea myself. it's simple and crazy effective...hmmm maybe I'll have to just go for it... I've yet to hear a bad report from those that actually do it correctly

Yeah I hear great things, we'll see.

Aggression
03-04-10, 4:44 pm
Headed out to Newark Air. I'll be touching down in Columbus in about 4hrs. Bring it.

C.Coronato
03-04-10, 5:10 pm
Headed out to Newark Air. I'll be touching down in Columbus in about 4hrs. Bring it.

Enjoy homie. See you on the other side.

LayzieBone085
03-04-10, 5:23 pm
See you tomorrow!

Aggression
03-08-10, 8:57 am
Another year in the books. It was an unreal event, as always. I landed last night around 930. By the time I grabbed my bag, and waited 3hrs for Enforcer's back to get there, haha, I got home around 11:15pm. Unwound and hit the sack.

.. Already at the office and the normal work week has begun. I didn't have a lot of food lying around, so I made do with what I had for today's meals. Hitting the grocery store up tonight, then home to cook.

What's next?

I'll be training this week, but nothing too heavy/hard. Active rest. Then I'll start up next week. I'll either be starting up DC training again, or a 5/3/1. I'll ponder that decision as the week goes on.

I picked up some very helpful diet tips from the likes of Ox, G, and Rage. I'll be making some tweaks to my diet as well. Look for a brand new package coming soon from Aggression.

mritter3
03-08-10, 9:09 am
very cool aggression, solid work on the deads in the cage man...i have run both dc and 531 and cannot go wrong with either of em, currently i am hitting 531 and i love it, easy to follow and i have had some great gains off of it, putting up numbers in squatting and deadlifitng that i did not know i could do, just hit 405 for 2 reps on saturday, i have the e book if you want copy man just let me know....peace

LayzieBone085
03-08-10, 10:25 am
Keep bringing it my man! Awesome to meet ya.

scals
03-08-10, 12:12 pm
Great chillin with ya this weekend brother. Great times, awesome memories. Deadlifting was sick. We need to figure out a plan for next year :)

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 12:14 pm
It was great to meet you at the Cage!!!

Aggression
03-09-10, 11:24 am
very cool aggression, solid work on the deads in the cage man...i have run both dc and 531 and cannot go wrong with either of em, currently i am hitting 531 and i love it, easy to follow and i have had some great gains off of it, putting up numbers in squatting and deadlifitng that i did not know i could do, just hit 405 for 2 reps on saturday, i have the e book if you want copy man just let me know....peace

Appreciate it brother. I'm leaning towards DC, but we'll see what happens. I know 5/3/1 is all about strength, yet I've done DC before with amazing strength gains, as well as muscle; the best of both worlds. So we'll see what happens.

Keep bringing it my man! Awesome to meet ya.

No doubt, LB.

Great chillin with ya this weekend brother. Great times, awesome memories. Deadlifting was sick. We need to figure out a plan for next year :)

It was great to meet you at the Cage!!!

Likewise, Deadman

Aggression
03-09-10, 11:26 am
Here's the video clip of me pulling 225lbs for 42 reps.

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/2010%20Arnold%20Classic/?action=view&current=Aggression225.flv

Here's a small collection of pictures that I took. Not many;

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/2010%20Arnold%20Classic/

hardworkE
03-09-10, 12:42 pm
Monday, March 15, TRF. You've been warned. Chest or back?

Aggression
03-09-10, 1:15 pm
MetroFlex Gym
Columbus Ohio

Friday

Shock Therapy pre

- Trained with B Con, LittleMan55, Big C, Enforcer, and E's buddy Chris

Back:
DB Rows: 4 x 10-15 (130s)
HS Lat Pulldown: 3 sets
HS Single Arm Row: 3 sets
BTN Lat Pulldown: 3 sets
Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3 sets

Torrent/BCAA Max/Mongolian Grill postWO

Saturday:

preWO meal: 12oz new york strip, baked potato, house salad, biscuits, and a diet coke (room service FTW)

Shock Therapy

Trained with LittleMan55

Shoulders:
HS Press: 1 set (3pps x 6)
Standing DB Laterals: 1 x 12 (50s)
Machine Row (targeting rear delts): 1 x 15
Seated DB Press: 1 x 6 (90s)

Triceps:
Straight Bar Pressdown: 1 x 8
Seated HS Pushdown: 1 x 12
Single Arm OverHead DB Ext: 1 x 12

Aggression
03-09-10, 1:16 pm
Monday, March 15, TRF. You've been warned. Chest or back?

Let's pop them pecs, E.

scals
03-09-10, 7:48 pm
600 it is. Start now!

LittleMan55
03-09-10, 8:06 pm
Those workouts look familiar! It was great training with you again this year. I will see what I can do about makin' it to Philly and Jerz for some ABCs when I get through the BAR.

Aggression
03-10-10, 8:32 am
600 it is. Start now!

You bet.

Those workouts look familiar! It was great training with you again this year. I will see what I can do about makin' it to Philly and Jerz for some ABCs when I get through the BAR.

Keeping it a tradition now; Aggression and LM55 training hard at the National ABC.

Aggression
03-10-10, 8:36 am
Jersey Shore Fitness (it was a beautiful day, i pretty much had to hit this place up)
Bradley Beach, NJ

1.5 scoops Shock Therapy
2 caps BCAA Max

Chest:
Incline DB Press: 1 x 7 (105)
Horizontal HS Press: 1 x 7 (4pps)
Machine Fly: 1 x 12
Dips: 1 x 10 (+45)
Flat HS Press: FST-7

Biceps:
Single Arm High-Pad Curl: 1 x 10 (110)
EZ-Bar Curl: 1 x 8 (90)
Pinwheel Curls: 1 x 8 (60s)

1.5 mile run

postWO
1 pack Nitro G
1s Glutamine
1s CarbMax (unflavored)

Razor
03-10-10, 8:54 am
Jersey Shore Fitness (it was a beautiful day, i pretty much had to hit this place up)
Bradley Beach, NJ

1.5 scoops Shock Therapy
2 caps BCAA Max

Chest:
Incline DB Press: 1 x 7 (105)
Horizontal HS Press: 1 x 7 (4pps)
Machine Fly: 1 x 12
Dips: 1 x 10 (+45)
Flat HS Press: FST-7

Biceps:
Single Arm High-Pad Curl: 1 x 10 (110)
EZ-Bar Curl: 1 x 8 (90)
Pinwheel Curls: 1 x 8 (60s)

1.5 mile run

postWO
1 pack Nitro G
1s Glutamine
1s CarbMax (unflavored)

Aggs forgive me since i have't been here in a while bro but what training schedule are you doing where its one rep? Also, how do strengthen my grip on my deads? They are complete ass right now. Thanks bro!

Beach91
03-10-10, 9:06 am
Hey A, You are still sticking with the run after training? Are u looking to lean up for summer?

LittleMan55
03-10-10, 9:24 am
That work out has me fired up for my chest and bi session this afternoon! I like that PWO set up you got going too.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-10-10, 9:30 am
Been a while since i poke my head i here!!!!!

I been checking on yuh but keeping a low profile ;)

Aggression
03-10-10, 11:19 am
Aggs forgive me since i have't been here in a while bro but what training schedule are you doing where its one rep? Also, how do strengthen my grip on my deads? They are complete ass right now. Thanks bro!

I pretty much train Dorian Yates' style; HIT. For the DB press, I did a few warmups (50sx15, 65x8, 85x8, and then went into my set). For the rest of my chest workout, I hit maybe 1-2 warmups on the exercises and then went into my one all-out set, to failure and then some forced reps.

For grip strength, its all about not becoming dependent on your straps. I had the same problem a few years back. Don't rely on the straps too much during your back workout. Try using them on your last set only. Doing farmers walks is also a good way to build grip strength. Just grab a pair of heavy DB's and walk around the gym holding onto them.

Hey A, You are still sticking with the run after training? Are u looking to lean up for summer?

Not necessarily looking to lean up for summer. Rather, I'm just trying to stay in shape. I became way too heavy last year. So even though I'm training as a bodybuilder, I still want that agility and cardiovascular strength of an all-around athlete.

That work out has me fired up for my chest and bi session this afternoon! I like that PWO set up you got going too.

Perfect timing! Yeah I tried that concoction for the first time last night. I'm eliminating the post-workout whey protein. It'll be that formula right after the gym. About 20-30min later, I'll have my whole food meal.

Been a while since i poke my head i here!!!!!

I been checking on yuh but keeping a low profile ;)

I see ya peakin' in over here! I'm just doing work, as always, Mr. A. Kinda sitting in neutral right now as I tweak my diet, but I'm still going at it hard.

Razor
03-10-10, 11:22 am
I pretty much train Dorian Yates' style; HIT. For the DB press, I did a few warmups (50sx15, 65x8, 85x8, and then went into my set). For the rest of my chest workout, I hit maybe 1-2 warmups on the exercises and then went into my one all-out set, to failure and then some forced reps.

For grip strength, its all about not becoming dependent on your straps. I had the same problem a few years back. Don't rely on the straps too much during your back workout. Try using them on your last set only. Doing farmers walks is also a good way to build grip strength. Just grab a pair of heavy DB's and walk around the gym holding onto them.

Very cool how you knew i was using straps haha. Thanks bro will try all you said and i will look into HIT.

Razor
03-10-10, 3:15 pm
Aggs i'm looking at your routine currently or if you finished it already post-arnold and i have some questions bro.

You trained 4 days a week bro and mostly focused on 1 set at max with warmups before right? I'm kinda skeptical and i know you were too bud reading your post when you first started this thing. You did Shoulders/Tris, Chest/Bis, Legs, Back correct? Sorry if these are lots of questions bro but today i'm off of my Pyramid training and looking for a heavy routine since my last one focused on multiple sets besides multiple exercises. Thanks bro!

OklahomaMuscle
03-10-10, 4:31 pm
Lookin real good A, saw the pics from the ABC, doing some serious work my man. Keep killing it, you decided on DC training or you still mulling over your options?

scals
03-10-10, 6:48 pm
Nice work on the chest bro. One of these days I gotta get up and get that gym out. Looks sick.

Phil800101
03-10-10, 9:24 pm
I like what I see in here bro! Consider me subbed.

Max-Angle
03-10-10, 9:34 pm
Looks like some fuckin hard iron movements been going on in here, nice work man, how've you been?

LayzieBone085
03-10-10, 10:31 pm
Love me some Jersey Shore workouts! FIST PUMP!

Aggression
03-11-10, 8:39 am
Very cool how you knew i was using straps haha. Thanks bro will try all you said and i will look into HIT.

I didn't know for sure, but that's where the problem usually lies; myself included. I'd strap up on everything but the warm up. Now I only use them on certain exercises, and only on the last set of those were grip isn't as important to me as reps.

Aggs i'm looking at your routine currently or if you finished it already post-arnold and i have some questions bro.

You trained 4 days a week bro and mostly focused on 1 set at max with warmups before right? I'm kinda skeptical and i know you were too bud reading your post when you first started this thing. You did Shoulders/Tris, Chest/Bis, Legs, Back correct? Sorry if these are lots of questions bro but today i'm off of my Pyramid training and looking for a heavy routine since my last one focused on multiple sets besides multiple exercises. Thanks bro!

My current split is as follows:
Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Friday - Back

I was skeptical at first, being that I was only doing one set per exercise. In order for it to be effective, you have to take that one set to complete failure ... and beyond. On the presses, if I fail at ... say 6 reps, I'll have my spotter help me get another 2-3 reps. You have to get into the mindset that its your only set for that particular exercise. I call it the 'psycho switch'. Go balls out. Then when I move onto the second exercise, I'll do only 1-2 warmups between 6-8 reps. The weight is still heavy, but its not my 'real set'. If you're doing it right, its very taxing on the system since you're going beyond failure. I ran it longer than you're suppose to; 12 weeks instead of 6-8. I felt the negative effects of doing it too long; loss of strength, sleepless nights, poor immune system. Run it HARD for 6-8 weeks and then back off for 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask brother.

Lookin real good A, saw the pics from the ABC, doing some serious work my man. Keep killing it, you decided on DC training or you still mulling over your options?

I think what I might do is stick to my current split, which is a combination of Dorian's HIT and DC training. I'll do the straight one set workouts, with some rest pauses thrown in there from time to time and I'll be doing the DC stretches after each body part. I ran this split right after my contest and had great results in terms of mass and strength. I love DC training. The only drawback for me is the fact that you HAVE to hit those 3 exercises from week to week. I like a bit more variety, so I'll incorporate DC principles in my HIT system.

Nice work on the chest bro. One of these days I gotta get up and get that gym out. Looks sick.

Name the time and the place homie. I'm there.

I like what I see in here bro! Consider me subbed.

Welcome aboard, my man.

Looks like some fuckin hard iron movements been going on in here, nice work man, how've you been?

Gotta hit everything hard and heavy, Max. I've been good. I've been cruising a bit in neutral while I figure out my new diet. I've finally come to a definite conclusion, so its back on track for mass. Watch out now!

Love me some Jersey Shore workouts! FIST PUMP!

HaHa. Jersey Shore workout at Jersey Shore Fitness; too much win!

Aggression
03-11-10, 8:42 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5s Shock Therapy
4 caps BCAA Max

Legs:
Seated Leg Curl: 1 x 12 (255)
Leg Press: 1 x 15 (10pps)
BB Front Squat: 1 x 7 (185)
Standing DB Squat: 1 x 10 (100s)
Standing Alt. Leg Curl: 1 x 12 (70)
Seated Calf Raise: 1 x 12 (275)

1 pack Nitro G
1 scoop Carb MAX
1 serving Glutamine

*Went a bit lighter on legs last night, and will take it a bit easy today/tomorrow. Still feeling the drawn out effects of the long weekend in Columbus. I don't want to press on too much and become ill.

Razor
03-11-10, 8:43 am
I didn't know for sure, but that's where the problem usually lies; myself included. I'd strap up on everything but the warm up. Now I only use them on certain exercises, and only on the last set of those were grip isn't as important to me as reps.

Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Friday - Back

I was skeptical at first, being that I was only doing one set per exercise. In order for it to be effective, you have to take that one set to complete failure ... and beyond. On the presses, if I fail at ... say 6 reps, I'll have my spotter help me get another 2-3 reps. You have to get into the mindset that its your only set for that particular exercise. I call it the 'psycho switch'. Go balls out. Then when I move onto the second exercise, I'll do only 1-2 warmups between 6-8 reps. The weight is still heavy, but its not my 'real set'. If you're doing it right, its very taxing on the system since you're going beyond failure. I ran it longer than you're suppose to; 12 weeks instead of 6-8. I felt the negative effects of doing it too long; loss of strength, sleepless nights, poor immune system. Run it HARD for 6-8 weeks and then back off for 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask brother.

I think what I might do is stick to my current split, which is a combination of Dorian's HIT and DC training. I'll do the straight one set workouts, with some rest pauses thrown in there from time to time and I'll be doing the DC stretches after each body part. I ran this split right after my contest and had great results in terms of mass and strength. I love DC training. The only drawback for me is the fact that you HAVE to hit those 3 exercises from week to week. I like a bit more variety, so I'll incorporate DC principles in my HIT system.

Welcome aboard, my man.

Gotta hit everything hard and heavy, Max. I've been good. I've been cruising a bit in neutral while I figure out my new diet. I've finally come to a definite conclusion, so its back on track for mass. Watch out now!

Aggs you rock bro. You're so dead on with you details on how to make shit work. Thanks bro. I did something similar last night and wrote it in my journal. It was different from what you're saying but i was trying to mimic something similar. I'm actually starting to feel it too mostly i'm guessing because of a different routine always shocking the body.

Razor
03-11-10, 8:47 am
Aggs in terms of what weight to use and when, i'm assuming you just played around with it until you found a weight that was driving you to only around 6-8 reps then moved on to something else? That's what i was doing last night. I'd start at a weight for warmups then from there determine what weight would only allow me to get 6-8 reps/failure for my last 'real set'.

Aggression
03-11-10, 9:06 am
Aggs you rock bro. You're so dead on with you details on how to make shit work. Thanks bro. I did something similar last night and wrote it in my journal. It was different from what you're saying but i was trying to mimic something similar. I'm actually starting to feel it too mostly i'm guessing because of a different routine always shocking the body.

That's the idea, Razor. I'll run the HIT for 6-8 weeks. When I'm doing my 'cruise' weeks, I'll go to a higher volume, with more of traditional split (each exercise with 3-4 sets, 12-18 sets per body part, depending on body part). During this cruise, I may also do super sets, drop sets, etc. Then after those 1-3 weeks, I'll hit the HIT hard again.

Aggs in terms of what weight to use and when, i'm assuming you just played around with it until you found a weight that was driving you to only around 6-8 reps then moved on to something else? That's what i was doing last night. I'd start at a weight for warmups then from there determine what weight would only allow me to get 6-8 reps/failure for my last 'real set'.

Exactly. It may take a week or two to find that out, and that's fine. If you write your stuff down, its a big plus. I've put up a pair of DB's for incline DB press and started repping. After 2 reps, I realized it was too easy, so I put them down, rested for about 30s and grabbed a heavier pair and went to work. Nothing wrong with that.

Razor
03-11-10, 9:10 am
That's the idea, Razor. I'll run the HIT for 6-8 weeks. When I'm doing my 'cruise' weeks, I'll go to a higher volume, with more of traditional split (each exercise with 3-4 sets, 12-18 sets per body part, depending on body part). During this cruise, I may also do super sets, drop sets, etc. Then after those 1-3 weeks, I'll hit the HIT hard again.

Exactly. It may take a week or two to find that out, and that's fine. If you write your stuff down, its a big plus. I've put up a pair of DB's for incline DB press and started repping. After 2 reps, I realized it was too easy, so I put them down, rested for about 30s and grabbed a heavier pair and went to work. Nothing wrong with that.

Awesome, now i just have to move to jersey and work out with you and Christian. LOL Thanks a lot Aggs. I also have to get used to taking 3 days off in that split which is what i intended in the first place since before i was hitting the gym 5 times a week but in hindsight i think i might have been overtraining. Live and learn. Live and learn.

Phil800101
03-11-10, 9:42 am
Solid work my man! Sounds like a good call to me, gotta listen to your body and train smart.

Max-Angle
03-11-10, 7:19 pm

Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Friday - Back

Welcome aboard, my man.

Ill definetly be keepin an eye out in here, you better believe it, and keep an eye out on my journey, after deload gonna screech down to the real 5/3/1 90% and a monster is gonna be born!

scals
03-11-10, 7:35 pm
You have 1 year. Will you be ready???

Aggression
03-12-10, 8:33 am
Awesome, now i just have to move to jersey and work out with you and Christian. LOL Thanks a lot Aggs. I also have to get used to taking 3 days off in that split which is what i intended in the first place since before i was hitting the gym 5 times a week but in hindsight i think i might have been overtraining. Live and learn. Live and learn.

Jersey is the place to be, homie! Yeah I like the 4 day split, with 3 days off. During prep, I was hitting it 6 days per week and it was physically/mentally draining. With a break during mid-week, and all weekend to rest, I'm feeling the benefits.

Solid work my man! Sounds like a good call to me, gotta listen to your body and train smart.

That's the name of the game, P.

Ill definetly be keepin an eye out in here, you better believe it, and keep an eye out on my journey, after deload gonna screech down to the real 5/3/1 90% and a monster is gonna be born!

Hell yeah. I'll definitely be lurking and seeing what happens with the 5/3/1. Its something that I may jump into later down the road.

You have 1 year. Will you be ready???

Sssshhhyyyyytt. I've already started preparing.

Aggression
03-12-10, 8:40 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5 scoops Shock Therapy
4 caps BCAA Max

Shoulders:
HS Shrug Machine: 5 x 15 (4pps)
DB Shrug: 1 x 12 (140s)
Seated BB Press: 1 x 6 (205)
Front Raise w/ Rope: 1 x 10
Standing 1-Arm DB Lateral: 1 x 8 (50s)
Reverse Pec Dec: 1 x 12 > drop 1 x 8

Triceps:
Straight Bar Pushdown: 1 x 10
Decline Skullcrushers: 1 x 8 (95)
Seated Pushdown: 1 x 12
Overhead Machine Ext w/ Rope: 1 x 8

1 pack Nitro G
1 scoop CARB Max
1 serving Glutamine

Aggression
03-12-10, 8:47 am
Skipped my run postWO yesterday and headed straight home. I threw my meals together for today, cleaned up and got into bed. I was out before 10pm. Fantastic. As the days post-Cage went on, I noticed I was feeling worse and worse. I woke up yesterday with a bit of a scratchy throat. It could be attributed to allergic season blooming, but I didn't want to take any chances. I took some Nyquil and passed the hell out, giving me a solid 8.5hrs of sleep. Damn, felt good.

No gym tonight. I have to take my car in for service. I have a Toyota piece that needs to be fixed due to the recall on the gas pedal. I got a buddy who has been working 7 days a week now b/c of that. They've extended their shop hours until 8pm M-F, and they're even open on Sundays now. BTW, I love the marketing behind Toyota. Anyone see that new commercial they put out, about the people who are still buying Toyotas? HaHa.

Relaxing tonight, and hitting the gym (maybe Jersey Shore Fitness) tomorrow for back and my 1.5m run. Seaside Height's St. Patrick's Day Parade has been rescheduled for next weekend due to the impending rain storm we're suppose to get this weekend. I'm actually pleased; I need a day of rest, not a day of all-out partying. Unfortunately, the new dates falls on the same date as the Philly ABC. There's only one St. Patrick's Day Parade, and there will be plenty more ABC's in the coming months.

Razor
03-12-10, 9:21 am
Skipped my run postWO yesterday and headed straight home. I threw my meals together for today, cleaned up and got into bed. I was out before 10pm. Fantastic. As the days post-Cage went on, I noticed I was feeling worse and worse. I woke up yesterday with a bit of a scratchy throat. It could be attributed to allergic season blooming, but I didn't want to take any chances. I took some Nyquil and passed the hell out, giving me a solid 8.5hrs of sleep. Damn, felt good.

No gym tonight. I have to take my car in for service. I have a Toyota piece that needs to be fixed due to the recall on the gas pedal. I got a buddy who has been working 7 days a week now b/c of that. They've extended their shop hours until 8pm M-F, and they're even open on Sundays now. BTW, I love the marketing behind Toyota. Anyone see that new commercial they put out, about the people who are still buying Toyotas? HaHa.

Relaxing tonight, and hitting the gym (maybe Jersey Shore Fitness) tomorrow for back and my 1.5m run. Seaside Height's St. Patrick's Day Parade has been rescheduled for next weekend due to the impending rain storm we're suppose to get this weekend. I'm actually pleased; I need a day of rest, not a day of all-out partying. Unfortunately, the new dates falls on the same date as the Philly ABC. There's only one St. Patrick's Day Parade, and there will be plenty more ABC's in the coming months.

It ain't just you bro. The next morning at home after the Arnold bro my nose was stuffy as hell and i had a slight cough. I'm a little better now but still a bit congested up there...Tonight's chest and biceps and then i'm taking the weekend to rest up as we talked about before. Hope you get back to 100% bro!

mritter3
03-12-10, 9:30 am
nice shoulder session Aggression, you still debating on running the 531??

Phil800101
03-12-10, 9:49 am
Killer session Adam! Attacking the delts from all angles and blasting the tris, good deal.

Good call there bro. Hope you're feeling better soon.

It ain't just you bro. The next morning at home after the Arnold bro my nose was stuffy as hell and i had a slight cough. I'm a little better now but still a bit congested up there...Tonight's chest and biceps and then i'm taking the weekend to rest up as we talked about before. Hope you get back to 100% bro!

Me too, I've been a little sick this week. Happened to MANY of us two years ago after The Cage, so I'm not surprised.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-10, 9:57 am
Ha ha tables will be turning soon i will be getting skinny while you get big then i have to play catch up to you lol!

Firedrake
03-12-10, 5:43 pm
Great shoulders and tris -- I guess I was lucky; despite being unused to the weather and walking from the hotel to the gym and back each night, I seem perfectly fine (knocks wood).

I'm REALLY looking forward to next year's matchup!

Phil800101
03-12-10, 8:47 pm
Nice write-ups bro! Good reads.

LayzieBone085
03-12-10, 10:26 pm
Solid plan brother! rock it out.

Aggression
03-13-10, 2:30 pm
Ha ha tables will be turning soon i will be getting skinny while you get big then i have to play catch up to you lol!

HaHa. We're always on opposite schedules buddy! We have to get on the same page one day.

Great shoulders and tris -- I guess I was lucky; despite being unused to the weather and walking from the hotel to the gym and back each night, I seem perfectly fine (knocks wood).

I'm REALLY looking forward to next year's matchup!

Yeah you lucked out. Its always a rough weekend, not to mention I arrived home at 11pm and had to wake up for work again at 6am. I should have taken off a day or two from the gym, but instead I went hard and heavy Tuesday and never looked back. A few sniffles ain't gonna slow me down.

Nice write-ups bro! Good reads.

I appreciate, P. Just trying to shed light on the experience through my eyes.

Solid plan brother! rock it out.

You know it. I've finally found out the diet that works with me, and its GO-TIME!

Razor
03-13-10, 2:42 pm
Aggs how you feel bro? took me some nyquil last night and starting to feel a bit better. Still have the runny nose but throat crap is gone.

Aggression
03-15-10, 11:40 am
Aggs how you feel bro? took me some nyquil last night and starting to feel a bit better. Still have the runny nose but throat crap is gone.

I'm along the same lines, R. Took today off to get one last day of solid rest/recuperation. Should be back and ready to rock tomorrow. Good to hear you're feeling better as well.

Aggression
03-15-10, 11:42 am
Toms River Fitness

1.5s Shock Therapy
4 BCAA Max Caps

Back:
Lat Pulldown: 1 x 9 (205)
HS Shrug Machine Bent Over Row: 1 x 10 (365)
Chest Supported T-bar Row Machine: 1 x 8 (3p+25)
Rack Deadlifts: 1 x 4 (475)

1.5mile run

1 pack Nitro G
1s CARB Max
1s Glutamine

Training with HardWorkE tonight; chest and biceps.

ghost
03-15-10, 11:45 am
There's only one St. Patrick's Day Parade, and there will be plenty more ABC's in the coming months.

yeah, the only TRUE St Pat's parade is on the South Side of Chicago!

B Con
03-15-10, 12:33 pm
A, it was great seeing you again this past week at the Arnold. You've made INSANE progress since I last saw you a year ago. Keep on that grind and keep doing what you're doing. Was a great weekend.

Phil800101
03-15-10, 2:47 pm
Solid session my man! Simple, efficient, and effective.

LayzieBone085
03-15-10, 7:39 pm
Loving the basic outline and killing it.

Aggression
03-16-10, 8:42 am
yeah, the only TRUE St Pat's parade is on the South Side of Chicago!

Ha. You gotta represent your heritage brother!

A, it was great seeing you again this past week at the Arnold. You've made INSANE progress since I last saw you a year ago. Keep on that grind and keep doing what you're doing. Was a great weekend.

Yes sir. Good times all around. Now its time to use that motivation and put it to good use. I've already begun.

Solid session my man! Simple, efficient, and effective.

That's the way to do it. Why over complicate shit?

Loving the basic outline and killing it.

Keep it simple, brother.

Aggression
03-16-10, 8:46 am
Toms River Fitness (Trained with hardworkE)

1.5s Shock Therapy
4 BCAA Max Caps

Chest:
Incline DB Press: 1 x 8 (110s)
Flat BB Bench Press: 1 x 6 (275)
Decline HS Press: 1 x 8 (3p+25ps)
Cable Fly: FST-7
- stretch -

Biceps:
High-Pad Single Arm Machine Curl: 1 x 10
Alt. DB Curl: 1 x 7 (50s)
Rope Hammer Curl: 1 x 18
- stretch -

1.5mile run

1 pack Nitro G
1s CARB Max
1s Glutamine

OklahomaMuscle
03-16-10, 8:49 am
Lookin good A, gotta ask you timing the 1.5 mile run? Trying to get my times down myself may be looking into returning to Law Enforcement soon and that's the testing distance most places... u wouldn't happen to be doing the same would ya??

mritter3
03-16-10, 8:56 am
nice work aggression strong benching man.

Phil800101
03-16-10, 9:32 am
Sick work bro! Looks nice and brutal.

Lookin good A, gotta ask you timing the 1.5 mile run? Trying to get my times down myself may be looking into returning to Law Enforcement soon and that's the testing distance most places... u wouldn't happen to be doing the same would ya??

I was wondering the same thing myself...

Mr. Aestheticz
03-16-10, 9:46 am

X3

C.Coronato
03-16-10, 10:09 am
TRF -- Back home .. how did it feel?

Beach91
03-16-10, 11:39 am
With your HiT training, do you do warm up sets for each exercise leading up to the single, all out set, or do you just do warmups for the first exercise, training HIT must cut your workout time in half!

Mr. Dead
03-16-10, 11:43 am
Nice session!!! I bet that pump was insane!!!

Aggression
03-16-10, 3:16 pm

nice work aggression strong benching man.

Sick work bro! Looks nice and brutal.

X3

In the end, I'm just looking to balance out my overall physique. When I tipped the scale at 235lbs last year, I would be out of breathe after chasing my dog down the hallway. It was bad news. So I'll be slowly increasing my running distance to 2 miles and I'll do that type of run ~3x/week to keep myself in decent shape, all while still adding legit mass to my frame.

TRF -- Back home .. how did it feel?

Feels good man. Gotta love it there. Had one of the best workouts I've ever had last night in terms of strength, intensity, and muscle soreness generated. I'm already sore in both the chest and biceps; much quicker than usual.

With your HiT training, do you do warm up sets for each exercise leading up to the single, all out set, or do you just do warmups for the first exercise, training HIT must cut your workout time in half!

Yes, I do warm up sets before every exercise. For the first exercise on that body part, I'll do 3-4 warm ups, as I did with the incline db presses. Then as I went on to the flat barbell press, I did 135 x 8, 225 x 6, then 275. For arms, I did 3 warm ups for the first movement and only one warm up for the db curls. It definitely makes the workouts shorter, but that doesn't mean much, b/c I'm still crushed at the end. It much more intense than the regular splits, for me anyway.

Nice session!!! I bet that pump was insane!!!

Pumps were crazy and I'm definitely feeling it right now.

B Con
03-16-10, 3:33 pm
That 1.5 mile run is a bitch... just saying.

OklahomaMuscle
03-16-10, 4:20 pm
In the end, I'm just looking to balance out my overall physique. When I tipped the scale at 235lbs last year, I would be out of breathe after chasing my dog down the hallway. It was bad news. So I'll be slowly increasing my running distance to 2 miles and I'll do that type of run ~3x/week to keep myself in decent shape, all while still adding legit mass to my frame.

No doubt, besides that in the end ...if you can't run your food.

Remember the rules...
Cardio
Double Tap
Beware of bathrooms
Don't be a hero...

Aggression
03-17-10, 8:33 am
That 1.5 mile run is a bitch... just saying.

Yes, it definitely is, but I like it. Its a different kind of 'test'. I've spent the last few years gaining mental strength to push heavier weight and go beyond 'failure' in order to force extra muscle growth. Now I have to exhibit a different type of mental toughness; a toughness to not slow down/give up until I've reached the target distance. Its tough as hell, but damn rewarding when you see 20-30s shaved off from your previous best time.

No doubt, besides that in the end ...if you can't run your food.

Remember the rules...
Cardio
Double Tap
Beware of bathrooms
Don't be a hero...

Good to know ....

Aggression
03-17-10, 8:38 am
Apollon Gym
Edison, NJ

1.5s Shock Therapy
4 BCAA Max caps

Legs:
Lying Leg Curl: 1 x 8 (150)
Vertical Leg Press: 1 x 15 (6pps)
BB Squat: 1 x 6 (275)*
Leg Extensions: 1 x 15
Lying DB Leg Curl: 1 x 12
Leg Press Calf Raise: 1 x 14
Seated Calf Raise: 1 x 12

1 pack Nitro G
1s CARB Max
1s Glutamine

*Squat form is coming along nicely/quickly. It feels like a whole new exercise to me. Last night the form was solid, yet really slow because I was actually concentrating on bending at the hips, so I wasn't able to get many reps with 275. As time goes on, I'll get more comfortable with the form and be able to do it in a quicker, more fluid fashion.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-17-10, 8:50 am
Glad to see you back in action, ha ha yeah i had the same breathing problem when i was tipping the scales as well lmao so i completely understand!

Anyways the form will come to you so will the reps, not in a hurry are yuh?

Phil800101
03-17-10, 9:29 am
Nice work bro! I bet you'll be feeling this one for a few days.

OklahomaMuscle
03-17-10, 10:22 am
Glad the form is starting to solidify A, I know what your talking about when you say it feels totally different. hell I catch myself sitting back and pushing my hips out when I sit in chairs and shit now...haha it's like second nature after a while. Keep up the good work

B Con
03-17-10, 10:42 am
Better form on squats is always a win/win situation. Great work A. No doubt shaving those seconds off the time feels good... I too know the pains of being out of breath at times when "heavily" bulking haha