PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Aggression
11-26-08, 3:13 pm
Came across a big bottle of Natural Sterol Complex. I'm going to be running this product along with the rest of my stack. 6 tabs/day. 2 tabs/meal for 3 meals.

Stack is as follows:

Pak + Omega w/ breakfast
EAA Stack - 1-2 servings a day
Real Gains - 1-2 servings a day
Natural Sterol Complex - 6 tabs/day
Milk and Egg Protein - 0-1 serving/day
Shock Therapy - pre workout
Animal Nitro - pre and post workout
Storm - intra workout on training days, first thing in morning on non-training days
Intra-Aid - intra workout
Torrent - post workout
Flex - before bed

- Adding in M-Stak next week or week after.

Firedrake
11-26-08, 5:40 pm
Came across a big bottle of Natural Sterol Complex. I'm going to be running this product along with the rest of my stack. 6 tabs/day. 2 tabs/meal for 3 meals.

Stack is as follows:

Pak + Omega w/ breakfast
EAA Stack - 1-2 servings a day
Real Gains - 1-2 servings a day
Natural Sterol Complex - 6 tabs/day
Milk and Egg Protein - 0-1 serving/day
Shock Therapy - pre workout
Animal Nitro - pre and post workout
Storm - intra workout on training days, first thing in morning on non-training days
Intra-Aid - intra workout
Torrent - post workout
Flex - before bed

- Adding in M-Stak next week or week after.

I hope you don't need any blood work done soon -- they're going to think you're some kind of alien!

Then again . . . maybe you are!

TheDarkHalf
11-26-08, 6:54 pm
Damn son, you're a walking supplement!

Aggression
11-27-08, 10:23 am
I hope you don't need any blood work done soon -- they're going to think you're some kind of alien!

Then again . . . maybe you are!

I'll tell you what, I feel like an alien, especially in the gym. I feel unstoppable.

In terms of bloodwork, I don't really think that will be an issue. All these products are natural products; nothing with serious ingredients that will effect my blood levels. Right?

Damn son, you're a walking supplement!

HaHa, Yeah. For most of my lifting career I relied soley on protein powder, creatine, glutamine and an N.O. every now and then. I talked to some respected people in the industry and learned that simple things like aminos (nitro) and post workout supplementation (torrent) are of upmost importance. So i'm giving thing a try ...

Aggression
11-27-08, 10:33 am
Arms were blasted last night. Some high points and some low points. Didn't want to go so low in reps with some of the sets, but I couldn't help but pile an extra plate on. Good pump, decent strength ....

11.26.08 - Arms

Real Gains @ 7:00pm
Shock Therapy + Nitro @ 7:35pm

Biceps:
Barbell Curls - 3 x 4-12 (final set: 105x4)
DB Curls - 3 x 5-12 (final set: 45x5)
Stack-loaded Preacher Machine Curls - 3 x 8-10 (90x8)

Triceps:
V-bar Push down: 1x25
Smith Machine Close Grip: 4 x 4-12 (275x4)
Weighted Dips: 3x10 (+45x10)
1 Arm Overhead Ext: 2 x 8-10
Pushdown: 2 x 8-10

Forearms:
Reverse Barbell Curls
-- superset w/ --
Seated forearm curls: 3 x 10

Stretched DC, washed down some Nitro w/ Torrent and headed home.

Shoulders tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

hardworkE
11-27-08, 10:44 am
Arms looked good, lets rage in the gym tomorrow.

Factory
11-27-08, 12:10 pm
Good arms day brother. Happy thanksgiving.

pmug0000
11-27-08, 2:11 pm
Wow you've got some strong tri's, that 275 CGBP is awesome!

Aggression
11-27-08, 2:43 pm
Arms looked good, lets rage in the gym tomorrow.

Hell yeah bro. I'm pumped. Those 90's are going up for 5, I feel it.

Wow you've got some strong tri's, that 275 CGBP is awesome!

Thanks bro. Its on the Smith Machine remember, not a straight barbell. That would be really awesome

Aggression
11-28-08, 1:22 pm
Just got back from hitting shoulders. As for yesterday, not going into details, I'll just say that I ate like a monster, plain and simple. Here's the #'s.

Joined HardworkE for shoulder day. The dude is coming along nicely in the past year.

11:10am - Shock Therapy + Nitro

11:40am - Shoulders/Traps/Abs

DB Shoulder Press:
40 x 15
65 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 5

1 Arm-Behind the back DB laterals: 3 x 10 (final set: 35 x 10)
Bent over cable rear delts: 3 x 8-10
Barbell Shrugs: 4 x 8-10 (final set: 365 x 8)
Dumbbell Shrug: 65lb x 15 (nice and slow)

Abs:
Lying Leg Raises: 75 reps
Machine Crunches: 2 x 15

Intra-Aid during workout (not adding storm anymore to intra-aid)

Torrent + Nitro post-workout.

Factory
11-28-08, 1:25 pm
Nice, way to hammer those shoulders!

Aggression
11-28-08, 1:27 pm
Nice, way to hammer those shoulders!

Thanks brotha. Musta been the good eatin' yesterday haha

pmug0000
11-28-08, 2:12 pm
Strong shoulder presses, good job!

TheDarkHalf
11-28-08, 2:58 pm
Nice volume on the DB press, BB shrugs are looking good too!

Firedrake
11-28-08, 6:40 pm
Nice looking shoulder session! Here and I thought it was the pre-exhaust from lifting all that food to your mouth that warmed you up!

Aggression
11-30-08, 2:02 pm
Just got back from the gym after hitting back. I'm sippin' on some Torrent right now as I'm watching my Giants run house on the 'skins again. Lighter overall volume today for back, but I focused on a good contraction and had a great workout. Here we go ...

Shock Therapy + Nitro pre workout

Chins - 4 x 8-10
Lat Pulldown - 3 x 7-12 (175 x 7)
Underhand Machine Rows - 3 x 8-12 (3p x 8)
Rack Deadlifts - 4 x 10 (405 x 10)
Close Grip pulldown - 2 x 8-10
Back extensions - 10 reps, up the weight, 10 reps, up the weight, 10 reps (30 reps total)

Strength is getting back up to its high point. Did 405 for 6 two weeks ago with racks. Threw on an old-school jam that pumped me the fuck up (Underoath - Innocence Stolen). For a while I'm going to concentrating on two things for back. More back thickness, and I have to improve on my lower lats.

Still trying to get back to my normal numbers. It's getting close. Last couple workouts went really well. 90's for 5 on shoulder press were an all-time high. 405 x 10 is another all time high. Too bad my shoulders and back are my strong points to my body. If I can only get record numbers for my chest and biceps ... Anyways, the numbers are going up nicely. ..........

prowrestler
11-30-08, 2:06 pm
Just got back from the gym after hitting back. I'm sippin' on some Torrent right now as I'm watching my Giants run house on the 'skins again. Lighter overall volume today for back, but I focused on a good contraction and had a great workout. Here we go ...

Chins - 4 x 8-10
Back extensions - 10 reps, up the weight, 10 reps, up the weight, 10 reps (30 reps total)

Strength is getting back up to its high point. Did 405 for 6 two weeks ago with racks. Threw on an old-school jam that pumped me the fuck up (Underoath - Innocence Stolen). For a while I'm going to concentrating on two things for back. More back thickness, and I have to improve on my lower lats.

Still trying to get back to my normal numbers. It's getting close. Last couple workouts went really well. 90's for 5 on shoulder press were an all-time high. 405 x 10 is another all time high. Too bad my shoulders and back are my strong points to my body. If I can only get record numbers for my chest and biceps ... Anyways, the numbers are going up nicely. ..........

nice stuff man

TheDarkHalf
11-30-08, 3:44 pm
looking good brother keep up the hard work!

pmug0000
12-01-08, 10:42 am
Good workout, 405 x10 on rack DL's is great!

Aggression
12-01-08, 1:11 pm
This week is the first full week going at my legit split. Tonight is Chest/Biceps. I'm thinking about throwing in some guillotine presses on the smith machine. I caught a thread about that movement on here and it seemed like it might be something that would help my chest growth. I'll bang out incline flyes, incline bench and then do a few sets of guillotines before finishing off my chest with dips. We'll see how it goes ....

Weight as of Wednesday morning was 203. Weight on Friday during my workout was 206 after good eating on Thanksgiving. Weight is steadily climbing at about 1-2lbs/week. I'm not soo concerned about my weight. I'm as strong, if not stronger than I was at 214 so that's great. Things are going well ...

Factory
12-01-08, 2:27 pm

Chins - 4 x 8-10

Solid work, 405x10 on rack deads means you got a 500 pull in your future... Good things in here brother. You got a date circled in red on the calendar for fall 09 yet?

Aggression
12-01-08, 2:39 pm
Solid work, 405x10 on rack deads means you got a 500 pull in your future... Good things in here brother. You got a date circled in red on the calendar for fall 09 yet?

I don't have a date circled in red yet, but I plan on competing in the 2009 Gold's Classic in Long Branch, NJ, which is a 20min ride for me. I figure it'd be a nice way to ease into my competing phase with a venue nice and close to my home. I can't seem to find the 2009 schedule yet, but this past year's Gold's Classic was on Nov 8th, so I'm assuming its going to be around the same time.

Aggression
12-02-08, 10:26 am
Simple and effective chest/bicep day.

Chest/Biceps

Incline Fly: 4 x 9-12 (60x9)
Incline Barbell Press: 3 x 7-12 (205 x 7)
Smith Machine Guillotine Press: 3 x 6-10 (185 x 6)
Dips: 2 x 10 (+45x10)

Barbell Curl: 3 x 7-10 (95 x 7)
Preacher EZ-Bar Curl: 3 x 8-10 (75 x 8)
DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 8-12 (35 x 8)

Abs:
Lying Leg Raises: 75 reps
Rope Crunches: 2 x 15

Notes:
Chest strength went up. 1 extra rep with 60's on fly and 2 extra reps on incline press. Arm workout was done very slow with strict control throughout. Solid shit.

Aggression
12-02-08, 10:33 am
So since I started my bulk back on the 3rd of November, I've been through numerous workout splits. I went with DC training for 2.5 weeks, then I tried to straighten everything out so that I can get on a legit split that was starting Monday (last night). Well once again my split will be changed slightly, but this time its for the right reasons. After my workout last night I was able to recruit a training partner. He's the guy who competed in the Eastern USA's and did very well. We're hitting back tonight. It's bittersweet. I'm pumped to train with such a monster of a dude, but at the same time, I trained back on Sunday. In the end, I'd rather hit back tonight with him and get onto his schedule. So it's gonna get real wild soon.

hardworkE
12-02-08, 11:23 am
Nice bro, working out with someone like that is gonna take it to another level. Do it up

Aggression
12-02-08, 11:26 am
Nice bro, working out with someone like that is gonna take it to another level. Do it up

I hope so bro. It's gonna be crazy.

Aggression
12-02-08, 3:29 pm
Just recently reloaded on my supplements. Its a shit-ton more than I used to taking, but it seems to be doing the job. Shock Therapy is my savior. After a long day at the office, this shit kicks me in the ass and gets me going. I'll give another breakdown of my supplements here. I added in a few ...

Animal Pak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
Animal Nitro
Real Gains
Torrent
EAA Stack
Shock Therapy
Storm
Intra-Aid
Milk&Egg Protein
Natural Sterol Complex
----------------
That was last month's stack. I picked up some Beta Ala9 and M-Stak. I'll start the M-stak next Monday.

- Storm is only taken on off days, first thing in the morning
- 2 servings of EAA stack/day. First thing in the morning, and another serving in my gallon of water once it's about 1/4 full.
- Milk and Egg protein at night on non-training days ONLY
- Pak and Omega every morning. Flex every night.

May seem like a lot, but I'm not using EVERYTHING on a daily basis. Everything serves their own unique purpose.

Been pounding the food. Thanksgiving weekend was a little inconsistent, but I'm back on track. Breakfast is now 1cup brown rice + 5 whole eggs w/ glass of milk and 2 tbsp PB. Lunches are still the same and dinners are free range.

TheDarkHalf
12-02-08, 3:40 pm
Haha that is a lot of shit - i'm starting M-stak and Isostak as soon as I finish my cans of stak and test. I think i'm gonna run two cans of m-stak back to back.

Aggression
12-02-08, 3:46 pm
Haha that is a lot of shit - i'm starting M-stak and Isostak as soon as I finish my cans of stak and test. I think i'm gonna run two cans of m-stak back to back.

Yeah I feel like everything is essential though. I have yet to dabble into the Staks/Tests/M-Staks until now. How was the stak and test? I saw your numbers shoot up on your journey so I guess it went well. I'm looking forward to adding in this M-Stak ...

naturalguy
12-02-08, 3:55 pm
I am looking forward to you experiencing your first ABC this weekend

Aggression
12-02-08, 3:58 pm

I'm pumped. I hear Strong and Shapely is a good place to get the feet wet.

pmug0000
12-02-08, 5:47 pm
Good work man, chest is looking strong.

Firedrake
12-02-08, 7:41 pm
So since I started my bulk back on the 3rd of November, I've been through numerous workout splits. I went with DC training for 2.5 weeks, then I tried to straighten everything out so that I can get on a legit split that was starting Monday (last night). Well once again my split will be changed slightly, but this time its for the right reasons. After my workout last night I was able to recruit a training partner. He's the guy who competed in the Eastern USA's and did very well. We're hitting back tonight. It's bittersweet. I'm pumped to train with such a monster of a dude, but at the same time, I trained back on Sunday. In the end, I'd rather hit back tonight with him and get onto his schedule. So it's gonna get real wild soon.

Thank kind of shock to the system can be a real good thing! Have fun with it!

TheDarkHalf
12-02-08, 9:46 pm
Yeah I feel like everything is essential though. I have yet to dabble into the Staks/Tests/M-Staks until now. How was the stak and test? I saw your numbers shoot up on your journey so I guess it went well. I'm looking forward to adding in this M-Stak ...

I'll be on stak a test for a few more weeks, but yea i've been throwing plates through the roof

Aggression
12-03-08, 9:36 am
Good work man, chest is looking strong.

Thanks bro, I'm in need of some legit thickness in my chest.

Thank kind of shock to the system can be a real good thing! Have fun with it!

Yeah even though my training has been all over the place, I'm still gaining.

Aggression
12-03-08, 9:40 am
As mentioned yesterday, my routine was all over the place. Last night was the first night of training with my new partner and it was awesome. I'll be following his split, which seems pretty intense and spreads out over 5 days. Here's my new split:

Sunday: Quads
Monday: Chest/Triceps
Tuesday: Back/Hamstrings
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Shoulders/Calves
Friday: Biceps/Traps
Saturday: OFF

Definitely a different route than what I'm normally used to, but that could be a good thing. Shit looks good to me, and all the knowledge I'll be learning from him will really propel my gains into the next level (at least I hope).

TheDarkHalf
12-03-08, 9:48 am
Good shit bro, have fun and good luck!

Aggression
12-03-08, 9:48 am
6:45 - Real Gains
7:15 - Shock Therapy, Nitro, 3 BetaAla9
7:30 - TR Fitness

Back:
Chins: 4 x 6-10
Lat Pulldown: 4 x 8-12 (175 x 8)
Reverse Grip Bent Rows: 3 x 8-10 (185 x 8)
Rack Deadlifts: 4 x 10 (405 x 10)
Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 x 10

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10 (140 x 10)
Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 10 (115 x 10)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 x 10

PWO: Torrent + Nitro
Before Bed: 8oz fish (flounder/shrimp), 1/2 cup rice, handful of peanuts.

Notes:
I worked my back on Sunday and then Tuesday. Still got 405 x 10 on racks, which means that after getting a weeks worth of rest, I'll be able to pull more. I'm concentrating on quality reps in the 8-12 rep range, instead of going super heavy and getting sloppy reps. Today is a much needed day of rest. I'll be running on fumes today at work, I'm dead tired. Going home tonight to relax and watch some good ol' Christmas movies on T.V. Can't wait ....

Aggression
12-03-08, 9:50 am
Good shit bro, have fun and good luck!

Thanks bro, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can. Not too many people get the chance to work out with such a seasoned amateur bodybuilder. I'll be a sponge for the next few months, soaking up everything he's got to say.

prowrestler
12-03-08, 12:35 pm
6:45 - Real Gains
7:15 - Shock Therapy, Nitro, 3 BetaAla9
7:30 - TR Fitness

Back:
Chins: 4 x 6-10
Lat Pulldown: 4 x 8-12 (175 x 8)
Reverse Grip Bent Rows: 3 x 8-10 (185 x 8)
Rack Deadlifts: 4 x 10 (405 x 10)
Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 x 10

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10 (140 x 10)
Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 10 (115 x 10)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 x 10

PWO: Torrent + Nitro
Before Bed: 8oz fish (flounder/shrimp), 1/2 cup rice, handful of peanuts.

Notes:
I worked my back on Sunday and then Tuesday. Still got 405 x 10 on racks, which means that after getting a weeks worth of rest, I'll be able to pull more. I'm concentrating on quality reps in the 8-12 rep range, instead of going super heavy and getting sloppy reps. Today is a much needed day of rest. I'll be running on fumes today at work, I'm dead tired. Going home tonight to relax and watch some good ol' Christmas movies on T.V. Can't wait ....

looks solid man, im never gonna understand splitting hams from quads lol but if it works,it works!

Aggression
12-03-08, 12:41 pm
looks solid man, im never gonna understand splitting hams from quads lol but if it works,it works!

Yeah I always did both together on one day. But my training partner is trying this out and I'm going for the ride. Plus I have a hard time getting psyched up for leg day. So I figure if I split up the two, it'll be better off for me. Pound quads on their own day, relentlessly, and them blast hams after back.

prowrestler
12-03-08, 12:43 pm
Yeah I always did both together on one day. But my training partner is trying this out and I'm going for the ride. Plus I have a hard time getting psyched up for leg day. So I figure if I split up the two, it'll be better off for me. Pound quads on their own day, relentlessly, and them blast hams after back.

i find the mass moves hit them both too hard and its difficult to split. fitting the squat in there will be tricky

pmug0000
12-03-08, 12:44 pm
Good workout, especially since you were on short rest.

Firedrake
12-03-08, 6:30 pm
GREAT looking session -- you have the right idea; use this time to learn and grow.

Aggression
12-04-08, 10:01 am
Good workout, especially since you were on short rest.

GREAT looking session -- you have the right idea; use this time to learn and grow.

Thanks guys. Today is Delts and Calves. Should be a shorter, yet intense workout. I'm looking forward to it, especially after yesterday's off day.

hardworkE
12-04-08, 10:05 am
That dude has some mean looking shoulders, I'm interested to see what his workout looks like...

Aggression
12-04-08, 10:06 am
That dude has some mean looking shoulders, I'm interested to see what his workout looks like...

Talking about my training partner?

J Wong
12-04-08, 10:32 am
Way to kill the back and hamstrings man. Good job.

hardworkE
12-04-08, 10:53 am
Talking about my training partner?

obviously not talking about you...you basically disappear when you turn sideways. Nah I'm joking, but yeah, your guy has some huge shoulders

Aggression
12-04-08, 11:02 am
This year marks the 7th year that I've been working out at Toms River Fitness. Over the past 4 years, I've spent the majority of my years (8 months/year) at my college gym, yet I always returned to TRF for the winter break and the summer vacation. Now that I'm a college graduate, I'm able to spend all year at TRF and I couldn't be happier.

I can go into a story about how walking into my gym makes me happy because of it reminds me of weights, it helps me get bigger, its my place of solace, etc, but I'm going a different route in this story. I'm going to talk about how 'Toms River Fitness' makes me good.

5 nights a week, I come home from work, sort shit out, and I'm out the door to the gym. I take my 5min drive to TRF, and it's usually a very calm, relaxing ride for me. I get anxious halfway there, knowing whats in store. The parking lot is usually empty at 730-8pm, so I get a nice close spot. My gym is in a shopping plaza, and there's a bar/liquor store two places down. As I walk towards the gym, I notice a group outside the bar, on a break from their beer so they can suck down a cigarette. No hate, but I get a sense of personal satisfaction that I'm not one of them, rather I'm heading in for a workout. I might crack a grin as I walk by. Being there for so many years, I no longer need to give them my ID card at the front desk. I walk past them with my sweats and animal zip up on, and just give them a wave, as they greet me with a ''hey how are you''. I take a look around and notice the same group of people doing their workout. 90% of the people there tonight are there every night, and naturally, you just starting giving them ''the nod'' as you walk by. Ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes are on the second floor, overlooking the free-weight and general workout area, so I take a look above as I walk into the locker room, to see if I know anyone. If so, another 'nod' is given. As I head into the locker room, I put down my gym bag, take off the sweats and sweatshirt and put them into a locker. I get out my mp3 player, strap it on, pick up my gym bag, and it's back out to the gym floor. This time of year, they got green wreaths with Christmas lights wrapped around the staircases leading up to the ab deck and cardio machines. It's a nice touch (I'm a big Christmas guy). I set up shop at my first exercise. I do some warming up and gather my wits, saying hello to the usuals before beginning my routine. Once the workout is done, its back into the locker room. Here, I throw on my sweats, hoodie, and make my Torrent shake after finishing up my Intra-Aid. I shake up the Torrent, head over and wash up. Once I come back, I reached for a bag of Animal Nitro, and wash it down with my first sip of Torrent. I head out the locker room and I might stop to BS with one of my friends who works behind the counter. We might sit down and shoot the shit while I slam my Torrent. Then it's out the door.

My gym is not typically hardcore when looking at its makeup. Yeah, its a fitness center with a pool, a sauna, cardio classes, and a separate women's only section. But in my mind, the people make the gym hardcore, not the facility itself. Go to TRF at 2pm and it looks like a clown show. You got people between the ages of 16-70, all doing their own random thing. Random being the key word. Lots and lots of fluff going on during the afternoon hours. That stuff is not for me. But head to my gym at 730pm and its a whole different ball game. 730pm, and you know you're getting a good workout, even if its just because your extra motivated by being surrounded by the group of people that work out at that time. TRF is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You want a soft ass fitness center? With old men and women curling the 5lbs while they gaze around? Go at 2pm. You want serious workouts? Surrounded by true animals? Not just animals, but animals who know what their doing, know what their purpose is? Come with me at 730.

I love TRF. I'd spend the rest of my days training there if I could. There's a reason why I choose that place, when I have 'literally' 5 gyms within 10 miles of my house, with TRF being the most expensive place. It's a true gym at night.

hardworkE
12-04-08, 11:17 am
Good post man. I have had some memories in TRF. Place changed my life as crazy as that may sound. It's a huge part of who I am now and ongoing. Definitely miss that place and it was nice to get in there and train with you over break, I like going back and paying my respects whenever I can. Although its cool to get into a new gym and meet some new gym going buddies, get the nod thing going and be noticed as a gym rat by others alike...there will never be another TRF in my mind. Too much sweat has been spilled on that floor. I definitely appreciated this post man, good stuff.

Enforcer
12-04-08, 4:29 pm

Its about damn time he had his cherry popped thats for sure

NPRamirez
12-04-08, 10:58 pm
This year marks the 7th year that I've been working out at Toms River Fitness. Over the past 4 years, I've spent the majority of my years (8 months/year) at my college gym, yet I always returned to TRF for the winter break and the summer vacation. Now that I'm a college graduate, I'm able to spend all year at TRF and I couldn't be happier.

I can go into a story about how walking into my gym makes me happy because of it reminds me of weights, it helps me get bigger, its my place of solace, etc, but I'm going a different route in this story. I'm going to talk about how 'Toms River Fitness' makes me good.

5 nights a week, I come home from work, sort shit out, and I'm out the door to the gym. I take my 5min drive to TRF, and it's usually a very calm, relaxing ride for me. I get anxious halfway there, knowing whats in store. The parking lot is usually empty at 730-8pm, so I get a nice close spot. My gym is in a shopping plaza, and there's a bar/liquor store two places down. As I walk towards the gym, I notice a group outside the bar, on a break from their beer so they can suck down a cigarette. No hate, but I get a sense of personal satisfaction that I'm not one of them, rather I'm heading in for a workout. I might crack a grin as I walk by. Being there for so many years, I no longer need to give them my ID card at the front desk. I walk past them with my sweats and animal zip up on, and just give them a wave, as they greet me with a ''hey how are you''. I take a look around and notice the same group of people doing their workout. 90% of the people there tonight are there every night, and naturally, you just starting giving them ''the nod'' as you walk by. Ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes are on the second floor, overlooking the free-weight and general workout area, so I take a look above as I walk into the locker room, to see if I know anyone. If so, another 'nod' is given. As I head into the locker room, I put down my gym bag, take off the sweats and sweatshirt and put them into a locker. I get out my mp3 player, strap it on, pick up my gym bag, and it's back out to the gym floor. This time of year, they got green wreaths with Christmas lights wrapped around the staircases leading up to the ab deck and cardio machines. It's a nice touch (I'm a big Christmas guy). I set up shop at my first exercise. I do some warming up and gather my wits, saying hello to the usuals before beginning my routine. Once the workout is done, its back into the locker room. Here, I throw on my sweats, hoodie, and make my Torrent shake after finishing up my Intra-Aid. I shake up the Torrent, head over and wash up. Once I come back, I reached for a bag of Animal Nitro, and wash it down with my first sip of Torrent. I head out the locker room and I might stop to BS with one of my friends who works behind the counter. We might sit down and shoot the shit while I slam my Torrent. Then it's out the door.

My gym is not typically hardcore when looking at its makeup. Yeah, its a fitness center with a pool, a sauna, cardio classes, and a separate women's only section. But in my mind, the people make the gym hardcore, not the facility itself. Go to TRF at 2pm and it looks like a clown show. You got people between the ages of 16-70, all doing their own random thing. Random being the key word. Lots and lots of fluff going on during the afternoon hours. That stuff is not for me. But head to my gym at 730pm and its a whole different ball game. 730pm, and you know you're getting a good workout, even if its just because your extra motivated by being surrounded by the group of people that work out at that time. TRF is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You want a soft ass fitness center? With old men and women curling the 5lbs while they gaze around? Go at 2pm. You want serious workouts? Surrounded by true animals? Not just animals, but animals who know what their doing, know what their purpose is? Come with me at 730.

I love TRF. I'd spend the rest of my days training there if I could. There's a reason why I choose that place, when I have 'literally' 5 gyms within 10 miles of my house, with TRF being the most expensive place. It's a true gym at night.

Sounds just like a gym by me; Lifetime Fitness. Although, I'm fairly certain it's "people doing random things" 24/7. I've been there a few times with my friends free passes and every now and thn you see a huge guy but they are always wearing strings for shirts. I don't consider them an animal but instead a pretty boy on steroids. All too common in this area.

Aggression
12-05-08, 9:45 am
Sounds just like a gym by me; Lifetime Fitness. Although, I'm fairly certain it's "people doing random things" 24/7. I've been there a few times with my friends free passes and every now and thn you see a huge guy but they are always wearing strings for shirts. I don't consider them an animal but instead a pretty boy on steroids. All too common in this area.

I hear ya man. Now with my job, I'm forced to go at night, which is perfect for me. Every workout allows me to be surrounded by some motivating dudes. You won't see any soft marshmellows in my gym at night!

Aggression
12-05-08, 9:58 am

Well E, you were right bro. Dude put me through an intense shoulder workout. Upped the volume a bit and blasted them. My shoulders are feeling great. It's rare that my shoulders get a soreness after I work them, but today's a whole new story. This guy is pushing me past barriers, forcing me to get extra reps and I'm feeling good. Here's the shoulder load:

7:10pm - Real Gains
7:45pm - Shock Therapy, Beta Ala9, Nitro
8:10pm - Toms River Fitness

Shoulders/Calves

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 3 x 6-10 (275 x 6)
Seated DB Press: 3 x 10 (70 x 10)
Barbell Front Raise: 3 x 12
Standing Laterals: 3 x 12
Standing Rear Cable Fly: 3 x 8-12

Donkey Calf: 2 x 12
Super Horizontal Calf: 2 x 10
Seated Calf Raise: 2 x 10 (drop set x 8)

1 scoop Intra-Aid during workout
Torrent + Nitro PWO

Notes:
Shoulders were torched.
Liked the idea of two presses, free weight felt better as doing HS first.
Stayed at higher reps for raises and blasted them. Intensity was at all-time high.
Super Horizontal Calf? Yeah just some HS machine we have at the gym.

Arms coming up tonight ...

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:30 am
For the fuck of it, I stepped on the scale last night after the gym. The scale read 210 (203-204 last week fresh outta bed). It didn't phase me. I mean I threw down 6 meals at that point so I knew it was a lot of water. Nonetheless, it was still pretty satisfying to see the scale read 210 again. Tomorrow morning, if I remember, I'll step on the scale fresh outta bed. Last weigh-in, it read 203-204. I'll be happy if it reads between 204-205. Also, after the 210 weigh-in, I noticed the little needle on the scale was sitting at 2lbs with nothing on it, so I readjusted it for tomorrow's TRUE weigh-in.

hardworkE
12-05-08, 11:37 am
Looks good bro, I got shoulders on tap for today. Can't wait to hit them hard. Workout looked good, this guy is gonna get you in gear ready to tear that show up.

Aggression
12-05-08, 11:55 am
Looks good bro, I got shoulders on tap for today. Can't wait to hit them hard. Workout looked good, this guy is gonna get you in gear ready to tear that show up.

Lets hope so bro. With him in my corner, I'm not going to be just another contender. It'll be lights out.

Aggression
12-05-08, 12:25 pm
Over the years, my form has done a 180. As I first started out, like everyone else, I knew nothing but what I saw. Starting off in my high school gym after school didn't help. The gym was filled with students, all with big egos, trying to push their heaviest weight, regardless of form. Sure, I got stronger as the years went on; newbie gains. Shit, I remember the first time I pressed 135. At that time, it was one of the happiest moments. We had some strong football players that pushed major weight, but everyone's form could have been better.

On to a fitness center:
Once I started training at TRF, I got a wide-eyed look at what proper form was. It seemed that the biggest, most muscular guys did their reps in a controlled fashion, without the body english I had used up to this point. It seemed like doing a barbell curl, to them, was used to hit the biceps. I thought I was doing the same thing, until I reassessed my form, and realized that my barbel curl was used to hit my shoulders, lower back, legs, and lastly, biceps. As time went on, I started to emulate the bigger guys, matching my form with theirs. And a weird thing started happening; I started getting swole in the areas I was working. Barbell curls actually made my biceps swole during, and sore after. Bench press had pumped up my chest and made it look huge in a T-shirt; my triceps and front delts no longer felt the strain. Sure, I wasn't using as much weight, but I actually felt the muscles being worked. That is, the muscles that I WANTED to be doing the work.

Why am I saying this?
I'm saying this in hopes that others read this and realize that gaining muscle mass and getting big isn't about how much weight you can move, rather its about intelligent training. Since I started working on picture perfect form about a year ago, I've noticed tremendous results in my physique. I'm starting to develop muscle instead of just overall body weight. My muscles are getting harder, more dense. It's been said thousands of times, but I don't think it can ever get old: Check your ego at the door. The guy I'm training with can easily bench 405 for a few reps, but instead his last set of bench press is a mere 315 for 10 reps. He'd rather focus on reps between 8-10 to build mass with strict form, instead of bouncing 405 off his chest for 4 reps.

These two kids in my gym, they just started working out together in the past month or so. I saw them here last summer, and they were all about powerful lifting (notice I didn't say powerlifting). Monday they came in and did chest. That included bench presses (of course) for several sets, working up to 320 for an attempt at 1 rep, which he's failed at for a month now. After about 7 sets of bench, they then proceed to hit up incline bar, incline db, flat db, incline fly, decline barbell, and finally they finish off with cable flys. They came back last night for the same workout. Now tell me; if you're doing that much volume with controlled movements, there's no way in hell you're recovered enough to hit chest 3 days later. The way these guys bounce the weights off their chest, I cringe with each rep. It literally sounds like their ribcage is going to snap. If only they were using proper form .....

If you learn nothing else about bodybuilding, these are the 3 things you want to keep with you:

Proper form
check your ego
diet (have to throw that in there haha)

firsthorseman97
12-05-08, 12:33 pm
Great post! That's a definite must-read. I believe everyone could take something away from that.

On a lighter note, I see the same shit happening in my gym daily. I just shake mt head and go about my business. My personal favorite is the kids that bounce the bar off the floor as hard as they can while "deadlifting", and I use the term 'deadlifting' loosely!

Aggression
12-05-08, 12:35 pm
Great post! That's a definite must-read. I believe everyone could take something away from that.

On a lighter note, I see the same shit happening in my gym daily. I just shake mt head and go about my business. My personal favorite is the kids that bounce the bar off the floor as hard as they can while "deadlifting", and I use the term 'deadlifting' loosely!

Yup. Those same two kids do the 'deadlifting' thing too. At one end, I want to say something to them about their form, but then the most obvious outcome will be them thinking: "This asshole thinks he knows everything''. I don't bother. Its too bad, because one day, their going to end up hurting themselves with the way they lift.

scals
12-06-08, 12:34 am
I just went through your journey man and everything looks sick. Def along for the ride.

Aggression
12-06-08, 12:16 pm
Haven't had an arm workout like this in a long time. Def sore already. No DOMS here, the shit was immediate. Biggest pump I can remember having.

7:10pm - Real Gains
7:40pm - Shock Therapy, Nitro, BetaAla9

Biceps:
Machine Preacher Curls: 3 x 10
Barbell Curls: 3 x 10
Dumbbell Curl: 3 x 8-10
One-Arm Pinwheel Curl
-- super set w/
One-Arm Concentration Curl: 3 x 5-10

Triceps:
V-Bar Pushdowns: 3 x 10
Smith Machine CG: 3 x 8-10
Body-Resisted Smith Machine Skulls: 3 x 8-10
One-Arm Horizontal Cable Ext: 3 x 12
One-Arm Machine Pressdown: 3 x 10

Intra-Aid during
Torrent, Nitro PWO
PWO Meal: flounder, ground beef, sweet potato

Notes:
Arms were fucking blown up. The bicep super set was rough. I was struggling to get 5 reps with 15lb DB's. Hadn't had a workout like this, EVER.

Weight was 205 this morning, FRESH.
Got a whole new diet from my training partner, getting REAL serious fellas.

Gotta get movin'. Making the hike up to Strong and Shapely in about 20min for the Jersey ABC!

Aggression
12-06-08, 12:16 pm
I just went through your journey man and everything looks sick. Def along for the ride.

Thanks bro, and it's just getting started. Its getting serious now ...

Firedrake
12-06-08, 1:21 pm
I love sessions like that, where your arms are so pumped it's hard to move them! Gotta love that feeling.

Have fun at the ABC. We want pictures!

pmug0000
12-06-08, 3:56 pm
I just had my first "arm" workout in a long time too and I felt the same way. It was awesome to have such a huge pump in my arms.

Aggression
12-06-08, 6:13 pm
Pumped out a good solid leg workout at Strong And Shapely up in East Rutherford. That's an intense gym bro. Pretty sick to see Ox pumping out sets right along side of ya. Not too many people hitting lets up. Big Vinny was hitting the legs tho ...

Legs (Quads) @ Strong and Shapely

Leg Extension: 2 x 20 (warm up)
Squats: 4 x 6-10 (225 x 8, 225 x 6)
Leg Press: 4 x 8-10 (6pps x 8)
Leg Extensions: 4 x 12
- 5min cool down on treadmill

Notes:
Been following my training partners philosophy, which is strong contractions with a real good squeeze (using less weight). My quads were so full of blood; I went to put down my bottle of Intra-Aid next to the leg extension machine and almost collapsed because of the amount of blood in my quads. It was awesome. Even now, 3.5hrs later, they're still pumped.

Cheat meal now, just ordered 2 pizzas and an order of wings. YES. I'll post up my new revamped diet later on if I don't pass out ...

Pictures will be up soon. I'll make sure I post the link here.

scals
12-06-08, 6:15 pm
Sick bro. Pissed I couldn't make it out to this one. Looks like you had a great workout and a lot of fun with those monsters.

MojoMike36
12-06-08, 6:25 pm
Legs (Quads) @ Strong and Shapely

Leg Extension: 2 x 20 (warm up)
Squats: 4 x 6-10 (225 x 8, 225 x 6)
Leg Press: 4 x 8-10 (6pps x 8)
Leg Extensions: 4 x 12
- 5min cool down on treadmill

Good workout. I can't wait til I can train in a gym where theres more than just old dudes and young teens trying out weight lifting for the first time. Having Ox and Vinny alongside while training would be the ultimate.

My gym severely lacks serious BBers, only fun people to train with are athletes. No one else can really keep up. The fitness club I work at just lacks muscle in general. Can't even get a serious training session in there.

Aggression
12-06-08, 11:08 pm
Sick bro. Pissed I couldn't make it out to this one. Looks like you had a great workout and a lot of fun with those monsters.

Definitely an experience bro. Had some major intensity flowing through the entire facility.

Good workout. I can't wait til I can train in a gym where theres more than just old dudes and young teens trying out weight lifting for the first time. Having Ox and Vinny alongside while training would be the ultimate.

My gym severely lacks serious BBers, only fun people to train with are athletes. No one else can really keep up. The fitness club I work at just lacks muscle in general. Can't even get a serious training session in there.

I feel ya bro. I was along the same lines as you until this past week. Serious training sessions were few and far between. I ended up asking an elite amateur BBer if he wanted to train together and he agreed. Since then, I've done 3 workouts with him, and it's been the 3 best workouts I've ever had. You just gotta find someone who wants it as bad as you and train with him.

naturalguy
12-07-08, 9:38 am
You popped your ABC cherry, you picked a good one to come to.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NJ%20ABC/NJABC12-6-08049.jpg

Enforcer
12-07-08, 3:02 pm
My boy Aggression was hammering quads yesterday. Glad to made it out to the event and had a good time, def have to make it out to a few more.

pmug0000
12-07-08, 3:56 pm
Good work aggression that abc sounds awesome.

Aggression
12-07-08, 4:22 pm
My boy Aggression was hammering quads yesterday. Glad to made it out to the event and had a good time, def have to make it out to a few more.

You can bet your ass I'll be at more ABC's in the future.

Aggression
12-07-08, 10:07 pm
Scheduling conflicts arose, so me and my training partner decided to hit Chest/Traps today, allowing me to have my off-day tomorrow.

4:50pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potato, 1oz nuts
5:15pm - Shock Therapy, Nitro, BetaAla9
5:30pm - TR Fitness

Chest:
Flat barbell bench: 3 x 8-12 (225 x 8)
Incline DB Fly: 3 x 10 (50 x 10)
Incline DB Press: 3 x 10 (65 x 10)
Smith Machine Guillotine: 2 x 10
Cable Fly: 2 x 12
Decline DB Press: 2 x 10

Traps:
Smith Machine Shrugs: 4 x 10 (365 x 10)
DB Shrug: 1 x 15

Notes:
My partner has me basically 're-learning' chest presses in an effort to maximize growth. Every rep is done very strict, squeezing the muscle very hard. Lately, I've gotten so much blood into to the respective muscle that it's almost unbearable towards the end. I have a feeling that within a few months, I'm going to look monstrous. Weights might be a bit on the lighter side, but I have a feeling that its going to pay off big time.

Aggression
12-07-08, 10:15 pm
I spoke of the new diet that he's got me on. It was his off season diet, and I'm going to follow it and adjust the portions to better suit my body. Here's my new off-season mass building diet:

Meal 1:
3 whole eggs
4oz red meat
1/2 cup oats
banana

Meal 2:
6-7oz chicken
6oz yam (or 1 cup oats)
1 oz nuts

Meal 3:
6-7oz chicken
1 cup white rice (or 6oz potato)
2 tbsp sauce or salsa

Meal 4:
same as 2

Meal 5:
8oz red meat
4oz yam
5oz green veggie
2tbsp olive oil/vinegar
--- or ---
Real Gains

Meal 6 (post workout):
Torrent

Meal 7:
6oz chicken, turkey, or fish
4oz yam
5oz green veggie
2tbsp olive oil/vinegar

I''m cutting back on the shakes and trying to take in more whole foods. The only time I'll be having the Real Gains is Mondays and Tuesdays. Training is too close to when I get home from work, so I'll be slamming a Real Gains when I'm on the road, closing in on home.

Also, M-Stak is being thrown into the mix as of tomorrow ... time to get this shit poppin'

scals
12-07-08, 10:26 pm
Good looking chest day and nice diet bro.

Aggression
12-07-08, 10:36 pm

Thanks scals. I started my off-season with the intention on just pounding on the body weight, getting up to a hopeful 230-240, with low volume, and heavy weight-oriented workouts. But once I got in contact with my new training partner, he's shed a new light on me. I'll be keeping my diet clean, with cheat meals definitely thrown into the mix. Also, the reps will stay higher (8-12) and the volume kept higher as well. My body is used to low volume, so upping the workload will definitely shock my body into new growth. I'm so psyched up about this season bro. November 09 can't come soon enough ..

scals
12-07-08, 10:40 pm
Thanks scals. I started my off-season with the intention on just pounding on the body weight, getting up to a hopeful 230-240, with low volume, and heavy weight-oriented workouts. But once I got in contact with my new training partner, he's shed a new light on me. I'll be keeping my diet clean, with cheat meals definitely thrown into the mix. Also, the reps will stay higher (8-12) and the volume kept higher as well. My body is used to low volume, so upping the workload will definitely shock my body into new growth. I'm so psyched up about this season bro. November 09 can't come soon enough ..

I hear ya bro. I'm getting on stage Oct 09. I can't wait. I'm trying to get into the same weight range now too. Bout 229 right now. Hope to compete lightheavy.

NPRamirez
12-07-08, 10:50 pm
The diet looks nice, man. It's got me hungry. I need to do some adjusting to my diet as well. More so just adding new components. I've got a lot of chicken and tuna and not enough red meats; mainly because i'm broke and that shits expensive. Also, my only source of good carbs are sweet potatoes, oats and vegetables. I need to find a good bread source that has healthier carbs.

pmug0000
12-07-08, 11:24 pm

x2 I agree

Aggression
12-08-08, 4:05 pm
I hear ya bro. I'm getting on stage Oct 09. I can't wait. I'm trying to get into the same weight range now too. Bout 229 right now. Hope to compete lightheavy.

Maybe I'll see you at show-time bro. You'll be in a higher weight class most likely. Good shit though

The diet looks nice, man. It's got me hungry. I need to do some adjusting to my diet as well. More so just adding new components. I've got a lot of chicken and tuna and not enough red meats; mainly because i'm broke and that shits expensive. Also, my only source of good carbs are sweet potatoes, oats and vegetables. I need to find a good bread source that has healthier carbs.

Throw some white rice in there bro. My only carbs are oatmeal, white rice, sweet potatoes, and then my post-workout of waxy maize. I'll throw a few pieces of fruit in there from time to time as well.

x2 I agree

Thanks pmug, I'm just trying to nail down the diet. Training is 100% there, I just need to solidify the diet and then I'll be unstoppable.

Aggression
12-09-08, 3:19 pm
Up to this point, I'm very happy with the way things are going. I'm looking really full, fuller than I did when I was 214. I guess the diet is that important huh? My arms are looking thick, and my overall body weight is slightly increasing as the weeks go on, which is what I want. After a few weeks on this new diet, I expect to see even better results come, especially with the M-stak added in as of yesterday. It's only going to get better from here on out ....

hardworkE
12-09-08, 3:46 pm
Glad to see you're on that M-stak, keep me updated with what you think about it.

prowrestler
12-09-08, 4:06 pm
Scheduling conflicts arose, so me and my training partner decided to hit Chest/Traps today, allowing me to have my off-day tomorrow.

4:50pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potato, 1oz nuts
5:15pm - Shock Therapy, Nitro, BetaAla9
5:30pm - TR Fitness

Chest:
Flat barbell bench: 3 x 8-12 (225 x 8)
Incline DB Fly: 3 x 10 (50 x 10)
Incline DB Press: 3 x 10 (65 x 10)
Smith Machine Guillotine: 2 x 10
Cable Fly: 2 x 12
Decline DB Press: 2 x 10

Traps:
Smith Machine Shrugs: 4 x 10 (365 x 10)
DB Shrug: 1 x 15

Notes:
My partner has me basically 're-learning' chest presses in an effort to maximize growth. Every rep is done very strict, squeezing the muscle very hard. Lately, I've gotten so much blood into to the respective muscle that it's almost unbearable towards the end. I have a feeling that within a few months, I'm going to look monstrous. Weights might be a bit on the lighter side, but I have a feeling that its going to pay off big time.

nice training man

prowrestler
12-09-08, 4:07 pm
I spoke of the new diet that he's got me on. It was his off season diet, and I'm going to follow it and adjust the portions to better suit my body. Here's my new off-season mass building diet:

Meal 1:
3 whole eggs
4oz red meat
1/2 cup oats
banana

Meal 2:
6-7oz chicken
6oz yam (or 1 cup oats)
1 oz nuts

Meal 3:
6-7oz chicken
1 cup white rice (or 6oz potato)
2 tbsp sauce or salsa

Meal 4:
same as 2

Meal 5:
8oz red meat
4oz yam
5oz green veggie
2tbsp olive oil/vinegar
--- or ---
Real Gains

Meal 6 (post workout):
Torrent

Meal 7:
6oz chicken, turkey, or fish
4oz yam
5oz green veggie
2tbsp olive oil/vinegar

I''m cutting back on the shakes and trying to take in more whole foods. The only time I'll be having the Real Gains is Mondays and Tuesdays. Training is too close to when I get home from work, so I'll be slamming a Real Gains when I'm on the road, closing in on home.

Also, M-Stak is being thrown into the mix as of tomorrow ... time to get this shit poppin'

looks clean and great to me

Aggression
12-09-08, 4:09 pm
nice training man

looks clean and great to me

Thanks bro. I can't thank this guy enough for helping me out and showing me the ropes of bodybuilding. It's going to be a very successful bulk season.

Aggression
12-09-08, 4:37 pm
About to have meal 4 (7oz chicken, 6oz yam, 1oz nuts). Then I'll head home for meal 5 and then hit the gym for back/hamstrings. I'm pumped up. With this new diet, training with this dude, and M-stak thrown into the mix, I feel re-energized and full of intensity. I'll post the workout tomorrow ...

TheDarkHalf
12-09-08, 10:42 pm
About to have meal 4 (7oz chicken, 6oz yam, 1oz nuts). Then I'll head home for meal 5 and then hit the gym for back/hamstrings. I'm pumped up. With this new diet, training with this dude, and M-stak thrown into the mix, I feel re-energized and full of intensity. I'll post the workout tomorrow ...

Sounds good bro, looking forward to seeing those numbers

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:03 am
7:25pm - M-Stak
7:45pm - Shock Therapy, BetaAla9, Nitro
8:00pm - TRF

Back:
Chins - 50 reps
Lat Pulldown: 5 x 8-10 (160 x 8)
Rack Deadlifts: 4 x 8-12 (405 x 11)
CloseGrip Pulldown: 3 x 8-10

Hamstrings:
Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 10-12
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10-12
Stiff-Legged Deads: 3 x 8-10

Nitro+Torrent PWO

TheDarkHalf
12-10-08, 10:09 am
7:25pm - M-Stak
7:45pm - Shock Therapy, BetaAla9, Nitro

Back:
Chins - 50 reps
Lat Pulldown: 5 x 8-10 (160 x 8)
Rack Deadlifts: 4 x 8-12 (405 x 11)
CloseGrip Pulldown: 3 x 8-10

Hamstrings:
Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 10-12
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10-12
Stiff-Legged Deads: 3 x 8-10

Nitro+Torrent PWO

Good work, solid volume and strong deads!

Aggression
12-10-08, 11:51 am
For the hell of it, I decided to punch my new diet into fitday.com to get a number on the total calories for the day. I was surprised to find that with 6 meals on non-training days, I'm consuming about 5,000calories (4993 to be exact). Throw in the calories from the supplements, and its easily over 5000 on a daily basis. On my old diet, I was having about 4500/day. If I don't grow off of this diet, I'm giving up haha.

hardworkE
12-10-08, 1:36 pm
Training looks good, from DC to higher reps. And nice work on the calories, this is gonna be a monster bulk

Firedrake
12-10-08, 1:47 pm
Nice looking session -- your back must be really happy today!

scals
12-10-08, 1:49 pm
Great back workout. 5000 calories. Hell yea. Of course you're going to grow.

Aggression
12-10-08, 1:52 pm
Nice looking session -- your back must be really happy today!

Not yet haha. My body parts tend to take bout 24-36 hours before getting really sore. I feel it today, but tomorrow it'll be wrecked.

Great back workout. 5000 calories. Hell yea. Of course you're going to grow.

I hope so. I've never consumed that many clean calories on a consistent basis. We'll see what happens. Also, M-stak will be doing it's job with the extra calories so I'm looking for some big gains within the next 3 weeks.

J-Dawg
12-10-08, 1:53 pm
For the hell of it, I decided to punch my new diet into fitday.com to get a number on the total calories for the day. I was surprised to find that with 6 meals on non-training days, I'm consuming about 5,000calories (4993 to be exact). Throw in the calories from the supplements, and its easily over 5000 on a daily basis. On my old diet, I was having about 4500/day. If I don't grow off of this diet, I'm giving up haha.

Now that's the way to get big!

Aggression
12-10-08, 1:58 pm
Now that's the way to get big!

Let's hope so..

pmug0000
12-10-08, 6:54 pm
Strong workout. Do you always to rack deads instead of conventional?

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:18 pm
Strong workout. Do you always to rack deads instead of conventional?

Haven't done conventional deads in at least a year. I never liked the motion, so I discarded it. I'm a big believer in ''do what feels right for you'' instead of ''do deadlifts because everyone says they make you big''.

I occasionally throw in smith machine deadlifts, going down a little further, around shin level. I just like how racks totally isolate your back instead of your back and hams. I hit hams after back anyway, so I figure it works out.

pmug0000
12-10-08, 10:48 pm
Haven't done conventional deads in at least a year. I never liked the motion, so I discarded it. I'm a big believer in ''do what feels right for you'' instead of ''do deadlifts because everyone says they make you big''.

I occasionally throw in smith machine deadlifts, going down a little further, around shin level. I just like how racks totally isolate your back instead of your back and hams. I hit hams after back anyway, so I figure it works out.

Makes sense to me. I'd be doing rack pulls at least every other week if my gym had a power rack.
I should try to figure out a way to set up rack pulls somehow without a power rack, I agree are a great way to really smash the entire back.

Aggression
12-11-08, 9:53 am
Makes sense to me. I'd be doing rack pulls at least every other week if my gym had a power rack.
I should try to figure out a way to set up rack pulls somehow without a power rack, I agree are a great way to really smash the entire back.

We have one 'cage' in my gym and we set the pins so that the bar lies right at kneecap level. No one really uses the cage for anything so its always open for us. I love rack deads, my back is feeling wonderful right now ...

Yesterday was an off day so I threw in a cheat meal. Went to the diner after work and threw down a Buffalo Chicken Wrap with fries. I devoured it pretty quick and was feeling pretty satisfied. Got shoulders and calves tonight; time to throw around some good weight.

Aggression
12-11-08, 2:21 pm
Alright so I've been on M-stak for a mere 4 days, today being the 4th. I've already eaten 3 meals today, all whole food. I just finished my 3rd meal of 8oz ground beef, 1 cup white rice, 2 tbsp sauce. I've been eating this for 5 days now and it's been a lot of food for me. I feel very satisfied after each meal. Today though, after the 3rd meal, I'm sitting here still legitimately hungry. Could the m-stak be showing it's true colors already? Is m-stak increasing my hunger on day 4? If so, i can only imagine what I'll be eating by the end of the 21 days ..

Thoughts/comments/criticism?

pmug0000
12-11-08, 6:55 pm
Alright so I've been on M-stak for a mere 4 days, today being the 4th. I've already eaten 3 meals today, all whole food. I just finished my 3rd meal of 8oz ground beef, 1 cup white rice, 2 tbsp sauce. I've been eating this for 5 days now and it's been a lot of food for me. I feel very satisfied after each meal. Today though, after the 3rd meal, I'm sitting here still legitimately hungry. Could the m-stak be showing it's true colors already? Is m-stak increasing my hunger on day 4? If so, i can only imagine what I'll be eating by the end of the 21 days ..

Thoughts/comments/criticism?

Yeah m-stak is a great product, it could definitely start kicking in within the first couple days. Take advantage!

Aggression
12-12-08, 9:31 am
Experimented with something last night. Because of the beautiful weather we're having here in Jersey (kidding), I got home a little later than normal. When a little bit of rain starts to fall, drivers tend to shit their pants and get real nervous. Anyway, I decided, in an effort to save time, to drink my Shock Therapy with my 5th meal. Seemed to have similar effects so it's I guess it's another option when in a pinch.

7:30pm - 8oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato, 2 tbsp sauce
+ Shock Therapy, M-stak, BetaAla9
7:45pm - Nitro

Shoulders:
Smith Machine Press: 3 x 6-12 (225 x 6)
DB Press: 3 x 10
Leaning 1-Arm Side Raises: 3 x 12-15
Incline bench bent over raises: 3 x 15
Bent over raises: 1 x F (30 x 23)
-- superset w/
Kneeling reverse cable fly: 1 x 15

Calves:
Donkey Calf Raise: 3 x 10
Seated Calf Raise: 3 x 10
Super Horizontal Calf: 3 x 8-10

Intra-Aid during
Torrent + Nitro PWO

hardworkE
12-12-08, 10:06 am
Experimented with something last night. Because of the beautiful weather we're having here in Jersey (kidding), I got home a little later than normal. When a little bit of rain starts to fall, drivers tend to shit their pants and get real nervous. Anyway, I decided, in an effort to save time, to drink my Shock Therapy with my 5th meal. Seemed to have similar effects so it's I guess it's another option when in a pinch.

7:30pm - 8oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato, 2 tbsp sauce
+ Shock Therapy, M-stak, BetaAla9
7:45pm - Nitro

Shoulders:
Smith Machine Press: 3 x 6-12 (225 x 6)
DB Press: 3 x 10
Leaning 1-Arm Side Raises: 3 x 12-15
Incline bench bent over raises: 3 x 15
Bent over raises: 1 x F (30 x 23)
-- superset w/
Kneeling reverse cable fly: 1 x 15

Calves:
Donkey Calf Raise: 3 x 10
Super Horizontal Calf: 3 x 8-10

Intra-Aid during
Torrent + Nitro PWO

Looking good bro, I'm about to hit shoulders, think I'm gonna switch up DB Press for Smith machine presses...havent done those in a while. Let me know what the scale says a week into mstak, curious

Aggression
12-12-08, 10:08 am
Looking good bro, I'm about to hit shoulders, think I'm gonna switch up DB Press for Smith machine presses...havent done those in a while. Let me know what the scale says a week into mstak, curious

You know it bro. I tend to weigh in on Saturday mornings. If I remember to do that tomorrow, I'll be posting up the weights at some point that day. Hopefully its at 205 or better. Anything less would be a great disappointment. I'm not concerned about the number on the scale, but I've been eating/training my ass off for 2 hard weeks now with this guy, I hope to see some progress.

pmug0000
12-12-08, 12:41 pm
Nice job on those smith presses 225 x6 is strong!

Firedrake
12-12-08, 3:18 pm
Good looking work -- finding options is always good, because our schedules aren't always predictable.

scals
12-12-08, 4:35 pm
Good solid heavy delt day bro.

Aggression
12-12-08, 4:50 pm
Good solid heavy delt day bro.

Nice job on those smith presses 225 x6 is strong!

Good looking work -- finding options is always good, because our schedules aren't always predictable.

Thanks guys .... just trying my best to pack on as much quality muscle as I can. I'm going back to heavy volume after years of lighter volume workouts. Hopefully it pays off and shocks my body into growth.

TheDarkHalf
12-12-08, 6:02 pm
I'm sure that the heavier volume will pay off - just keep on pushing that weight and you'll get to where you want to be in no time

Aggression
12-13-08, 11:47 am
The title above sums up my arm workout. No baggage here, just raw numbers:

7:30 - 1 can tuna w/ 2tbsp sauce, 1/2c oatmeal, slice of pizza (haha)
7:45 - Shock Therapy, BetaAla9, Nitro, M-Stak
8:00 - TRF

Triceps:
Pushdowns: 3 x 10
1-Arm DB Extensions: 3 x 10
Smith Machine CGBP: 3 x 10
1-Arm Machine Pushdown: 3 x 10

Biceps:
Buddy Curls: 3 x 30
(21's done for 30 reps instead of 21. Only rest is when partner is doing set. I wanted to go home after these, but that was only the start ....)
Incline DB Curl: 3 x 8
High Machine Curl: 3 x 10-12
Preacher Bench 1-Arm DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 8-10

Intra-Aid during workout.
Torrent + Nitro PWO

scals
12-13-08, 11:52 am
Damn thats intense bro. Great work.

prowrestler
12-13-08, 10:11 pm
The title above sums up my arm workout. No baggage here, just raw numbers:

7:30 - 1 can tuna w/ 2tbsp sauce, 1/2c oatmeal, slice of pizza (haha)
7:45 - Shock Therapy, BetaAla9, Nitro, M-Stak
8:00 - TRF

Triceps:
Pushdowns: 3 x 10
1-Arm DB Extensions: 3 x 10
Smith Machine CGBP: 3 x 10
1-Arm Machine Pushdown: 3 x 10

Biceps:
Buddy Curls: 3 x 30
(21's done for 30 reps instead of 21. Only rest is when partner is doing set. I wanted to go home after these, but that was only the start ....)
Incline DB Curl: 3 x 8
High Machine Curl: 3 x 10-12
Preacher Bench 1-Arm DB Hammer Curl: 3 x 8-10

Intra-Aid during workout.
Torrent + Nitro PWO

nice shit man! tearin down the house with the gun show!

Aggression
12-14-08, 7:40 pm
Today was quad day. Went in with a mission to demolish my quads. I demolished more than my quads today, I demolished my entire body. Here's what my workout was SUPPOSE to look like today ....

Leg Ext: 3 x 25
Leg Press: 3 x 20
Hack Squat: 3 x 8-10
Front Squat: 3 x 8-10
Smith Lunges: 3 x 10
1-Leg Extension: 2 x 10

Here's what really happened:

Leg Ext: 3 x 25
Leg Press: 3 x 20 (5pps x 20)
-- PUKED --
-- Workout over --

- At the 15th rep on the 3rd set of leg presses, my head started pounding, I disregarded it and continued to bang out 5 more reps as the pain increased with each rep. After 20 reps, I felt dizzy, and my head felt like I had been struck in the back of the skull with a baseball bat. After 20min of trying to shake it out, I ended up puking in the bathroom. With my head still pounding, I stayed at the gym to help push my partner, but I simply couldn't get back under the weights. Fuck me. It was dumb. I should have stopped at 15 reps but I was an idiot and pushed myself too hard.

Aggression
12-14-08, 7:44 pm
I usually weigh myself on a weekly basis. Saturday morning I stepped on the scale and it read an even 200lbs. Now I weighed in at 204-205 a week before. I was a bit confused as I have been eating more food then I did last week. BUT, after talking it over with my partner, I realized that the reason I dropped 5lbs was because of the fact that I've cleaned up my diet big-time since last week. My current diet is much more clean that the diet of 2 weeks ago. I dropped a bit of water weight and maybe even body fat, while at the same time getting stronger and eating more calories. Not too bad. As I said, I'm not concerned about my weight in pounds, yet I'm more concerned about the image in the mirror. I figured I'd just give you guys an idea of where I am right now .....

TheDarkHalf
12-14-08, 9:19 pm
I usually weigh myself on a weekly basis. Saturday morning I stepped on the scale and it read an even 200lbs. Now I weighed in at 204-205 a week before. I was a bit confused as I have been eating more food then I did last week. BUT, after talking it over with my partner, I realized that the reason I dropped 5lbs was because of the fact that I've cleaned up my diet big-time since last week. My current diet is much more clean that the diet of 2 weeks ago. I dropped a bit of water weight and maybe even body fat, while at the same time getting stronger and eating more calories. Not too bad. As I said, I'm not concerned about my weight in pounds, yet I'm more concerned about the image in the mirror. I figured I'd just give you guys an idea of where I am right now .....

Good shit man and don't worry about the scale, the mirror doesn't lie.

hardworkE
12-15-08, 9:34 am
After 20 reps, I felt dizzy, and my head felt like I had been struck in the back of the skull with a baseball bat.

Hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat, that sounds familiar...

Aggression
12-15-08, 12:41 pm
Hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat, that sounds familiar...

Hahahahaha I didn't even think of that. Man, it felt just like that, only more painful.

scals
12-15-08, 3:11 pm
Nice work bro. Puking on leg day. It's been awhile since I can say I've done that.

pmug0000
12-15-08, 4:39 pm
Damn dude you went all out on that leg press, way to push yourself.

Firedrake
12-15-08, 7:26 pm
Pushing yourself that hard isn't all bad -- as long as you let yourself recuperate! Good work!

Aggression
12-16-08, 9:29 am
Nice work bro. Puking on leg day. It's been awhile since I can say I've done that.

Damn dude you went all out on that leg press, way to push yourself.

Pushing yourself that hard isn't all bad -- as long as you let yourself recuperate! Good work!

Thanks. I felt a lot better towards the end of the night. I couldn't see straight for a while. It was bad.

Aggression
12-16-08, 9:43 am
Chest/Traps

Chest:
Incline Barbell: 3 x 8-10 (205 x 8)
Incline DB Press: 3 x 8-10 (75 x 8)
Incline Fly: 3 sets (50 x 9)
Smith Machine Guillotine Press: 3 x 10
Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 x 10
-- superset w/ --
Triangle Pushups: 3 x F

Traps:
Tri-Set: 3 sets (no rest between position)
Standing Barbell Shrug: 135 x 25
Head down/slightly leaning forward Barbell Shrug: 135 x 25
Behind the Back Shrug: 135 x 25

- Talked to a personal trainer at my gym who really knows his shit. I told him about my situation with the leg press. He said that it was most likely an 'exertion headache'. Basically what happened was I pushed myself beyond my own limits. My body was drained of adrenaline and my body responded by giving me a headache, telling me to stop exerting energy, yet i kept pushing and it just got worse. Yesterday in the gym I had to really overemphasize my breathing in order to keep the headache at bay. Everything seems to be ok now. The pain is still lingering around, barely noticeable at times. It's cool though, bc I found out I had 'pushed myself beyond my body's limits'.

prowrestler
12-16-08, 1:43 pm
Chest/Traps

Chest:
-- superset w/ --

Traps:

- Talked to a personal trainer at my gym who really knows his shit. I told him about my situation with the leg press. He said that it was most likely an 'exertion headache'. Basically what happened was I pushed myself beyond my own limits. My body was drained of adrenaline and my body responded by giving me a headache, telling me to stop exerting energy, yet i kept pushing and it just got worse. Yesterday in the gym I had to really overemphasize my breathing in order to keep the headache at bay. Everything seems to be ok now. The pain is still lingering around, barely noticeable at times. It's cool though, bc I found out I had 'pushed myself beyond my body's limits'.

nice day man
train smart

Angelwrath
12-16-08, 2:57 pm
Chest/Traps

Chest:
-- superset w/ --

Traps:

Hey bro .. finally caught you here ... this is some serious volume buddy ! If the sessions are short, those must be really intense. Good stuff here ..good luck with the headache though !

Aggression
12-16-08, 4:49 pm
Hey bro .. finally caught you here ... this is some serious volume buddy ! If the sessions are short, those must be really intense. Good stuff here ..good luck with the headache though !

Sessions are kinda long. Each workout is around 1.5hrs, but its me and my training partner going at it. And we're going at it hard.

Headache is still lingering as of right now. Got back and hams tonight. I'm going to have to push through it. I don't know if rack deads are going to be a good choice here haha. Tomorrow is an off-day so I'll be able to rest up then. Gotta train hard one more night with this head problem. Hopefully by Thursday, I'll be feeling 100%. I'll tell ya though, I'll never force my body to get 20 reps ever again. If I die out at 15, I'm done. Exertion headaches are no joke. I couldn't even see straight after it happened. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

JUGGERNAUT
12-16-08, 5:20 pm
First show huh? Nothing like it under the sun...

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 5:23 pm
Subbed, as well...

Aggression
12-16-08, 5:28 pm
First show huh? Nothing like it under the sun...

Subbed, as well...

Glad to have you fellas aboard. It's been going great so far, and its only going to get better ....

B Con
12-16-08, 8:15 pm
SUBBED. I am also doing my first show in 09...

Firedrake
12-16-08, 8:15 pm
I know I sometimes get headaches after "too long" (whatever that is) on the elliptical or bike -- particularly the bike. It got pointed out to me that I was slumping in the seat on the bike, and probably not breathing right, so I've been concentrating on that.

Just remember: if you're pushing yourself past your limits, that's good. Not giving yourself time to recover? That's bad. <grin>

pmug0000
12-16-08, 10:10 pm
Your chest and traps are looking strong man good work.

Aggression
12-17-08, 9:32 am
7:30pm - meal 5, M-stak, BetaAla9
8:00pm - Nitro

Back:
Chin-ups: X
* After first set, headache came back hard. Took 5min on treadmill to get the blood flowing and started up with Lat Pulldowns and everything seemed to OK from there ..
Lat Pulldowns: 4 x 8-10
T-bar Machine Row: 4 x 8-10 (double drop on 4th set)
EZ-Bar Underhand Rows: 3 x 12
CloseGrip Pulldown: 3 x 10-12

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10x10 / 1 x 25
*2 legs pulling up, 1 leg going down. 10 reps with right leg, 10 reps with left = 20 reps total per set. Serious burn. Last set was regular curls for 25 reps
Seated Leg Curls: 3 x 12-15

* Glad today is an off-day. My head problem has seemed to have downgraded to more of a stiff neck. I feel a bit of a knot in the left side and I feel a slight strain when turning my head to the sides. I'm going to throw on a heating pad tonight after work and just relax all night. Hopefully with a full days rest tonight and some heating pad treatment, I'll be ready to go Thursday with shoulders and calves.

TheDarkHalf
12-17-08, 9:51 am
7:30pm - meal 5, M-stak, BetaAla9
8:00pm - Nitro

Back:
Chin-ups: X
* After first set, headache came back hard. Took 5min on treadmill to get the blood flowing and started up with Lat Pulldowns and everything seemed to OK from there ..
Lat Pulldowns: 4 x 8-10
T-bar Machine Row: 4 x 8-10 (double drop on 4th set)
EZ-Bar Underhand Rows: 3 x 12
CloseGrip Pulldown: 3 x 10-12

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10x10 / 1 x 25
*2 legs pulling up, 1 leg going down. 10 reps with right leg, 10 reps with left = 20 reps total per set. Serious burn. Last set was regular curls for 25 reps
Seated Leg Curls: 3 x 12-15

* Glad today is an off-day. My head problem has seemed to have downgraded to more of a stiff neck. I feel a bit of a knot in the left side and I feel a slight strain when turning my head to the sides. I'm going to throw on a heating pad tonight after work and just relax all night. Hopefully with a full days rest tonight and some heating pad treatment, I'll be ready to go Thursday with shoulders and calves.

Not too shabby of a workout bro, especially if you were still feeling the headache from the day before. Sounds like a day off is exactly what you need - rest up and kill it tomorrow.

pmug0000
12-17-08, 11:01 pm
Damn dude sounds like you really fucked yourself up. Good workout anyway though.

B Con
12-18-08, 9:18 am
Fuck I hate the stiff neck/knot feeling. Hope that gets better...

Nice back/hammie action regardless!

Aggression
12-18-08, 10:17 am
Damn dude sounds like you really fucked yourself up. Good workout anyway though.

Fuck I hate the stiff neck/knot feeling. Hope that gets better...

Nice back/hammie action regardless!

Yeah it definitely sucks. Even though it was only a slight pain during the past 2 workouts, it still hindered me from going 100% bc I had the fear of it coming back again. It was partially a mental thing I guess.

Anyways, yesterday's off-day seemed to be exactly what I needed. I made a stop at the grocery store on the way home for some sweet potatoes and ground beef. After cooking them up, I threw some IcyHot on my neck and then relaxed on the couch with a heating pad. It seemed to do the trick. There was stiffness in the neck upon waking up, but since then it feels great. All day today I've been paranoid, as I'm almost looking for the pain to be there. I guess its natural to do that after what happened. All in all I feel good and I'm looking forward to hitting the gym again tonight.

Enforcer
12-18-08, 11:04 am
Congrats on your new status bro. It was only a matter of time, keep up the hard work

Angelwrath
12-18-08, 2:42 pm
Yeah it definitely sucks. Even though it was only a slight pain during the past 2 workouts, it still hindered me from going 100% bc I had the fear of it coming back again. It was partially a mental thing I guess.

Anyways, yesterday's off-day seemed to be exactly what I needed. I made a stop at the grocery store on the way home for some sweet potatoes and ground beef. After cooking them up, I threw some IcyHot on my neck and then relaxed on the couch with a heating pad. It seemed to do the trick. There was stiffness in the neck upon waking up, but since then it feels great. All day today I've been paranoid, as I'm almost looking for the pain to be there. I guess its natural to do that after what happened. All in all I feel good and I'm looking forward to hitting the gym again tonight.

I hear ya bro ... it's called the 'phantom pain' .. If you keep looking for the pain, you'll get convinced that you have one and your brain'll acknowledge a non-existent pain! Don't think about it man. Btw, if you're on a bulk, shouldn't you be having deads on your back/ham day? Or did you just skip it this time because of the pain ?

Aggression
12-18-08, 2:47 pm
I hear ya bro ... it's called the 'phantom pain' .. If you keep looking for the pain, you'll get convinced that you have one and your brain'll acknowledge a non-existent pain! Don't think about it man. Btw, if you're on a bulk, shouldn't you be having deads on your back/ham day? Or did you just skip it this time because of the pain ?

Nice call-out Angelwrath. Yes, as a matter of fact, I've been doing rack deadlifts since the bulk started back in November. We decided to skip it this week bc we knew it would just aggravate my condition. We stuck to exercises that would place less strain on the overall body. Rack deads will make their appearance again next week hopefully. And if I'm feeling 100%, Ill be throwing on 465. I've done 415 for 10/11 in the past 2 weeks so I think its time to step it up .....

Aggression
12-18-08, 2:47 pm
Can't wait to get into the gym tonight. I'm feeling awesome right now. After doing 1/3 of my quads workout, and the past two workouts at 80%, I can't wait to get into the gym and rip it apart tonight. And guess what? I'm training one of, if not my favorite bodypart - Shoulders. Time to get nasty ....

My diet might need some tweaking. Meal 3 went down quick and I was still hungry. I'm going to start throwing more food in there, or I might just down a quick shake right after the meal for extra protein. Either way, this M-stak is helping me pack down the food. Saturday will be another weigh-in day. My weight has fluctuated. I was 205 about 2 weeks ago, and this past weekend I was 200lbs due to my diet being cleaned up and losing some of the water-weight/bloat. So this week will be a clear-cut sign on how the M-stak and this diet is working. I might have only gained a lb or 2 bc my body is still adjusting to the new diet, but give it a few more weeks and I'm going to start exploding.

Lets get it done ...

LittleMan55
12-18-08, 4:53 pm
Looks good in here so far... I'm in for the rest of it!

Aggression
12-18-08, 4:55 pm
Looks good in here so far... I'm in for the rest of it!

Thanks for stoppin in bro. Last few days have been rough due to the neck problem. Hopefully tonight I'll be 100% in the gym. Gotta keep truckin'

B Con
12-19-08, 8:50 am
Glad to hear the M Stak is doing its thing. Good stuff as always. Congrats on being a rep as well. You need anything don't hesitate to let me know.

Aggression
12-19-08, 9:28 am
Glad to hear the M Stak is doing its thing. Good stuff as always. Congrats on being a rep as well. You need anything don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

Shoulders:
HS Shoulder Press: 3 x 8-12 (275 x 8)
Machine Shoulder Press: 3 x 12-15
Side Raises: 3 x 15x8x8 (each set was a triple drop set of 30x15, 25x8, 20x8)
*smoked 'em
Standing Reverse Pec Fly: 3 x 12-15

Calves:
Super Horizontal Single Calf Press: 3 x 8-10
Donkey Calf Raise: 3 x 8-10
*smoked 'em

Head problem was still there, but lingering around rather than hurting/causing a distraction. Setting up a doctors appointment for this weekend to get the shit checked out. Did some research on exertion headaches and I'm going to do a 10min warmup on the treadmill before arms tonight to get the blood flowing early. It seems the headache comes on early within the first exercise and then dissipates afterward to a barely noticeable condition. Still, to be on the safe side, I'll get it checked out. Still a strong, solid workout ....

TheDarkHalf
12-19-08, 10:15 am
Yea I would be smoked after a triple drop set as well, good work!

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:06 pm
lookin strong agression, keep it up

pmug0000
12-19-08, 6:04 pm
Strong HS presses, great job!

TunnelVision338
12-19-08, 10:41 pm
Just came across this log now. Lookin' good brotha.

Aggression
12-20-08, 9:18 am
lookin strong agression, keep it up

Strong HS presses, great job!

Thanks guys, everything is starting to come together ...

Aggression
12-20-08, 9:29 am
Woke up and did my weekly Saturday weight-in. Tipped the scale at 204-205. That's a gain of 4-5lbs in ONE week. M-stak and this new diet are doing work. Fuck yeah.

7:30pm - meal 5
7:45pm - betaAla9, Nitro

Biceps:
Machine Curls: 3 x 10
High "Front front double bi'' Cable Curls: 3 x 10-15
DB Curls: 3 x 8-10 (35x8)
Rope Hammer Curls: 3 x 12

Triceps:
Smith CGBP: 3 x 8-10 (235 x 8)
Tricep Ext. Machine: 3 x 8-10
Straight Bar Pressdown: 3 x 10
Single Arm Cable kickback: 3 x 12

* Loving these new arms workouts. Not going so heavy on the weight, rather it's been about really squeezing the muscle and its been great. My arms are definitely looking fuller.
*Not one single problem with my head last night AT ALL. Did a 10min warm up on the treadmill and it did the trick. Going to hold off on the doctors to see what happens with legs tomorrow (the body part it first happened with). The only thing the doc is going to tell me is 1. stop working out for a while and 2. ill send u to a specialist. Waste of my time IMO. Hitting quads will be the end-all, make-or-break me day.

Firedrake
12-20-08, 12:20 pm
That's great news about the headache and a good arms session. I'd also suggest perhaps upping your water intake before and during the workout. With the progress you're reporting I'm really looking forward to watching your progress toward the show.

Aggression
12-21-08, 4:53 pm
I passed the test. Absolutely no problems while working the quads today.

12:00pm - TRF

Leg Extensions: 3 x 15
Hack Squat: 3 x 10-15 (275 x 10)
Front squats: 3 x 8-10 (185 x 8)
Smith Lunges: 3 x 10
HS Single Leg Ext: 3 x 15

Nitro + Torrent PWO

SOLID

pmug0000
12-21-08, 9:05 pm
Good workouts aggression, glad to hear that problem of yours is getting better.

Aggression
12-21-08, 9:26 pm
Good workouts aggression, glad to hear that problem of yours is getting better.

Thanks bro. All systems are go right now it seems. Time to get back to serious business.

MassDestruction
12-21-08, 9:45 pm
Just read through your journey, good work bro. I will be checking in to see how SHOW-TIME is going

scals
12-22-08, 12:15 am
real nice leg day brother.

TheDarkHalf
12-22-08, 9:56 am
Nice leg and arm workout bro. Glad to hear training and diet are all coming together.

Aggression
12-22-08, 10:34 am
Just read through your journey, good work bro. I will be checking in to see how SHOW-TIME is going

Sounds good bro. Thanks for checking it out.

real nice leg day brother.

Thanks bro, legs will separate ya from the rest on stage.

Nice leg and arm workout bro. Glad to hear training and diet are all coming together.

Thanks man, its really fallin into place now.

LittleMan55
12-22-08, 11:15 am
Nice looking arm and quad days A! Glad to hear the new diet and M-Stak are working so well for you.

Factory
12-22-08, 12:28 pm
good to see you muscled past the headaches...

You got a date set yet? everythings lookin good brother. Stay on your grind.

Aggression
12-22-08, 12:40 pm
Nice looking arm and quad days A! Glad to hear the new diet and M-Stak are working so well for you.

Thanks bro, its looking good right now ...

good to see you muscled past the headaches...

You got a date set yet? everythings lookin good brother. Stay on your grind.

October 24th is the Gold's Gym Classic in Long Branch, NJ. I'm gunning for that show. But I'm most likely going to do a warm up at a lower-level show to get the whole experience down. October 24th is the birth date of both my parents, haha. O well, they'll have to sit at my show for a few hours!

Mr. Dead
12-22-08, 12:48 pm

A definite x2 on that!!! Hopefully you get to the root of that headache issue!!!

Aggression
12-22-08, 1:02 pm
A definite x2 on that!!! Hopefully you get to the root of that headache issue!!!

Thanks Dead. Yesterday was headache free during a hardcore quad workout so I think I'm in the clear. Tonight its chest/traps so we'll see what happens. But I assume that if my headache didn't come back while doing hack squats/front squats, I think its safe to say that I'm good to go from here ....

prowrestler
12-22-08, 1:05 pm
solid work and solid gains man

4 pounds in a week, its how we do it!

Firedrake
12-22-08, 1:14 pm
Great looking leg day, and grats on being headache-free. So when do we get to start seeing progress pics?

Aggression
12-22-08, 2:31 pm
solid work and solid gains man

4 pounds in a week, its how we do it!

Thanks bro. Yup, M-stak and this diet are really starting to show their colors. This is my last week of M-stak. I'll take one week off and then start taking Stak.

Great looking leg day, and grats on being headache-free. So when do we get to start seeing progress pics?

Thanks man, I wouldn't wish that headache shit on my worst enemy. I was going to get to work on some pics this past weekend, but I was just too comfortable on my couch all weekend haha, plus I had a shitload of xmas cookies in the past two days. My mother was baking all weekend and I went crazy. I'll post them up after my m-Stak is finished up (sunday).

Aggression
12-23-08, 9:17 am
7:15pm - meat and potatoes
7:55pm - BetaAla9 + Nitro

Chest:
Bench Press: 3 x 8-12 (245x8)
*225x8 two weeks ago (+20lbs)
Smith Incline Press: 3 x 8-10 (225 x 8)
Decline DB Press: 3 x 10
Flat DB Fly: 3 x 8-10
*head hanging off end of bench, Cutler style
Pec-dec fly/press: 3 x 10
*Grabbed the pads on the outside and did a variation of a press/fly movement

Traps:
Smith Shrugs: 4 x 10 (365 x 10)

Nitro+Torrent PWO

prowrestler
12-23-08, 10:58 am
7:15pm - meat and potatoes
7:55pm - BetaAla9 + Nitro

Chest:
Bench Press: 3 x 8-12 (245x8)
*225x8 two weeks ago (+20lbs)
Smith Incline Press: 3 x 8-10 (225 x 8)
Decline DB Press: 3 x 10
Flat DB Fly: 3 x 8-10
*head hanging off end of bench, Cutler style
Pec-dec fly/press: 3 x 10
*Grabbed the pads on the outside and did a variation of a press/fly movement

Traps:
Smith Shrugs: 4 x 10 (365 x 10)

Nitro+Torrent PWO

sick day man, makeing good progress, lol. is ther a difference between cutlers and regt flys?

Aggression
12-23-08, 11:02 am
sick day man, makeing good progress, lol. is ther a difference between cutlers and regt flys?

My partner said he saw cutler doing flys with his head hanging off the end of the bench, instead of the traditional way of just laying on the bench. From what I found out, it helps stretch out the chest a bit more, similar to the way a dumbbell pullover feels.

prowrestler
12-23-08, 11:07 am
My partner said he saw cutler doing flys with his head hanging off the end of the bench, instead of the traditional way of just laying on the bench. From what I found out, it helps stretch out the chest a bit more, similar to the way a dumbbell pullover feels.

thats what i figured

LittleMan55
12-23-08, 3:50 pm
Great work A! I like that tip on the Cutler version of flyes. I will give it a try next time I do them.

pmug0000
12-23-08, 4:14 pm
Strong workout aggression, great progress on that bench press!

J-Dawg
12-23-08, 8:50 pm

Solid tip on the flyes A. Going to try that on the next chest workout.

B Con
12-23-08, 8:54 pm
Solid tip on the flyes A. Going to try that on the next chest workout.

x 2. Very nice. Learning something new every day.

scals
12-23-08, 9:30 pm
x 2. Very nice. Learning something new every day.

x3. That seems very interesting. Gonna try that next week.

Aggression
12-24-08, 9:52 am
- BetaAla9, Nitro

Back:
Wide Grip Pullups: 50 reps
*took me 5 sets this week, down from 8, two weeks ago
ReverseGrip Pulldowns: 3 x 8-10
Rack Deads: 4 x 6-10 (455 x 6)
Seated Cable Row: 3 x 10

Hamstrings:
SLDL - 3 x 10
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3 x 10
-- super set w/ --
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 10

Torrent + Nitro PWO

Aggression
12-24-08, 1:59 pm
*Didn't get to do the exercises I wanted to do. Gym was packed bc it was closing at 3pm.

10:00am: 3 eggs, 4oz red meat, 1 cup oats

10:30am: M-Stak, BetaAla9, Nitro

11:00am: TRF

Shoulders:
HS Shoulder Press: 3 x 5-12
Machine Shoulder Press: 3 x 8-12
Side Raises: 3 x 10-15 (40 x 10)
Reverse Pec-Fly: 3 x 12-15 (120x12)

Calves:
HS Single-Leg Calf: 3 x 10
Donkey Calf: 3 x 10
Seated Calf Raise: 2 x 10 (a third set would have been useless; such a strong pump)

Nitro+Torrent (3 scoops+8oz grape juice for added carbs) PWO

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.

scals
12-24-08, 4:26 pm
Great Xmas Eve workout bro. Have a great holiday.

TheDarkHalf
12-24-08, 4:50 pm
Yo bro my gym was packed as well! Solid workout man happy holidays.

pmug0000
12-24-08, 4:52 pm
Last two workouts looked good man, happy holidays to you too!

TunnelVision338
12-25-08, 1:49 am
Where you at in Jersey bro? I'm in bergen county.

Nice lifts and diet btw

Aggression
12-26-08, 10:16 am
Great Xmas Eve workout bro. Have a great holiday.

Thanks, hope you had a great holiday as well.

Yo bro my gym was packed as well! Solid workout man happy holidays.

Yeah, you just gotta make do with all those people cramming a workout in. Happy Holidays.

Last two workouts looked good man, happy holidays to you too!

Thanks, hope you had a great holiday as well.

Where you at in Jersey bro? I'm in bergen county.

Nice lifts and diet btw

Toms River, I went to school in Bergen county though (Ramapo College).

pedraza
12-26-08, 11:10 am
solid work out

Aggression
12-27-08, 10:41 am
8:00pm: TRF

Triceps:
Pressdowns: 3 x 10
Standing 1-Arm Overhead Rope Ext: 3 x 8-10
Skullcrushers: 3 x 8-10 (85 x 8)
Machine Chest Press: 3 x 10
*placed pushdown bar between rubber handles for close grip

Biceps:
Preacher Bench EZ-Curls: 3 x 8-10 (105 x 8)
Standing Preacher Bench 1-Arm Curls: 3 x 10
Hammer Grip Machine Curl: 3 x 10-12
High-Cable Curl: 3 x 12-15
-- super set w/ --
Rope Hammer Curl: 3 x 8-10

Nitro + Torrent PWO

Scaled it up this morning ... 207lbs. +2lbs from last week.

pmug0000
12-27-08, 11:00 am
Good arm workout, that's a cool idea for that close-grip machine press.

Factory
12-27-08, 12:20 pm
good pipes work. got me amped up for my arms session today

scals
12-27-08, 12:52 pm
Solid ass workout bro.

TheDarkHalf
12-27-08, 1:09 pm
Way to work the guns son!

pedraza
12-28-08, 11:39 am
good job on the big guns

The Epidemic
12-28-08, 11:51 am
what ur off season weight goal for 09?

Factory
12-28-08, 2:16 pm

I'd like to know too..

And what are you weighing in at now? I know you were ~205 last week..
Oh and by the way, I picked up some M-stack cause you said its helping you gain so fast..
Hopefully it does the same for me..

Haha, we might be in the same comp... I'm looking to compete in 09 and live in NY... that'd be great. Anyway man, everythings looking rock solid as always. Keep it up.

Aggression
12-28-08, 7:23 pm
Good arm workout, that's a cool idea for that close-grip machine press.

Thanks bro. Always trying to figure out some new shit to hit the body in different ways.

good pipes work. got me amped up for my arms session today

Thanks. Hope I got ya geared up for your arm day bro.

Solid ass workout bro.

Thanks bro, trying to bring up them biceps.

Aggression
12-28-08, 7:29 pm
Way to work the guns son!

good job on the big guns

Thanks, arms felt blown up after this session

I'd like to know too..

And what are you weighing in at now? I know you were ~205 last week..
Oh and by the way, I picked up some M-stack cause you said its helping you gain so fast..
Hopefully it does the same for me..

Haha, we might be in the same comp... I'm looking to compete in 09 and live in NY... that'd be great. Anyway man, everythings looking rock solid as always. Keep it up.

I don't have a specific weight that I'm aiming for. I'm just trying to add as much clean muscle as I can before its time to diet. As of Saturday, I was 207. I update the weight after every Saturday's weigh-in (fresh in the morning, right outta bed). I put my weekly weigh-in in my sig below.

M-stak was definitely a solid supplement bro. With it being the first cycle, I added a solid 7 pounds as of Saturday, with my last pak being consumed today. It definitely added some lean muscle and helped with eating. I was noticeably more hungry while on it. And with increased food intake comes strength increases.

That'd be great if we competed against each other. Hopefully we'll meet up at an ABC before then, and maybe get a training session in together. Good luck on your journey as well bro.

Aggression
12-28-08, 7:38 pm
Killer Quad session today:

Leg Ext: 3 x 15
Horizontal Machine Press: 3 x 10-15 (300 x 10)
Leg Press: 3 x 15 (400 x 15)
DB Lunges: 3 x 10
Leg Ext: 3 x 10x10x10
*R-Leg - 3 sets of 10s static holds
*L-Leg - 3 sets of 10s static holds
*10 regular reps with both legs -- All 3 parts = 1 set. did 3 sets total.

Stretched + Rode bike for 10min.

Nitro+Torrent PWO.

pmug0000
12-28-08, 8:45 pm
Good leg workout, I like those static holds on the lunges.

scals
12-29-08, 12:01 am
Very nice work on those legs bro.

Aggression
12-29-08, 12:07 am
Good leg workout, I like those static holds on the lunges.

Thanks bro. DB lunges were standard, the statics were done during the leg extensions. It was a sick way to end the quad workout. Got a serious pump

Very nice work on those legs bro.

Thanks scals. Gonna be hard sitting/standing up for the next few days.

B Con
12-29-08, 8:19 am
Nothing beats the Nitro/Torrent combo. Great work A. Destroyed those quads. I just noticed the date in your sig as well... wish you the best. Behind ya 100%

pedraza
12-29-08, 8:22 am
way to punish those legs

hardworkE
12-29-08, 9:31 am
Solid workouts over the past week. Hope all that food over xmas helped fuel you up. Find any good sweet potato recipes yet? I am gonna grab a couple today so im not having rice/pasta as my carb source for every meal. I know I saw somewhere that wrath has some kind of sweet potato/beef mashup he makes...I'll have to look for it. I'm trying out ST today too, I'll let you know how it goes. Haven't had a preWO supp in a while so I'm sure I'll be through the roof.

Aggression
12-29-08, 12:09 pm
Nothing beats the Nitro/Torrent combo. Great work A. Destroyed those quads. I just noticed the date in your sig as well... wish you the best. Behind ya 100%

I'm loving the Nitro+Torrent combo. Thanks for the support man. It's gonna be October before I know it ....

way to punish those legs

Thanks bro. It was definitely an awesome quad workout.

Solid workouts over the past week. Hope all that food over xmas helped fuel you up. Find any good sweet potato recipes yet? I am gonna grab a couple today so im not having rice/pasta as my carb source for every meal. I know I saw somewhere that wrath has some kind of sweet potato/beef mashup he makes...I'll have to look for it. I'm trying out ST today too, I'll let you know how it goes. Haven't had a preWO supp in a while so I'm sure I'll be through the roof.

For sweet potatoes, I usually just bake them at 350 for 70min. Recently, I made ~10 of them and after they cooled I peeled off the skin and mashed them all up in a tupperware bowl. So now its just sweet mashed potatoes. Wrath did something similar in his journey. He throw a cooked potato into the skillet with his meat and cooked them together.

Heard you didn't like the grape ST. It gets a mixed review. I personally like grape. Nonetheless, it gets the job done in the gym. It's such a good supp, I'd just power through the flavor if I were you and get some intense workouts with it.

Aggression
12-29-08, 12:30 pm
Today, after a full 3 weeks of M-stak, the scale read 208. So I gained a solid 8lbs from M-stak. I loved the product. I felt more hungry while on it. I put down my normal meals and I was still looking for something else to throw down.

I've been a little less careful with my diet last week, and the same will happen this week. Christmas and New Years weeks are always tough to eat clean and get all the necessary meals in. I've stuck with my legit meals, always having my 6/7 meals per day. However, for example, today I had my normal breakfast, and threw in a brownie after the oatmeal. Momma's homemade brownies are just too good to resist. Once the holiday season is over, I'll tighten up the diet and lose that extra water weight/bloat.

This week I'll be off M-stak and I'll be taking the normal supplement stack that I've been on. This weekend I'm reloading on my supplements. I'm going to be switching things up a bit, and I won't be taking as many things. One addition will be Stak. After taking M-stak, I can only hope Stak will be as effective. After one can of Stak, I'll take a week off and run 2 cans of Test, back-to-back, and finish up with M-stak. Aferwards, I'll evaluate which ones worked the best for me and I'll stack the two together. Its gonna be a fun few months ......

Firedrake
12-29-08, 6:35 pm
Stak probably won't be quite as effective as M-Stak, but when you add the Test, you're likely to see some real changes.

You've been doing some killer work! How're those legs feeling?

TheDarkHalf
12-29-08, 6:38 pm
That stack is gonna bring you some results! I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers soar bro.

Aggression
12-29-08, 7:47 pm
Stak probably won't be quite as effective as M-Stak, but when you add the Test, you're likely to see some real changes.

You've been doing some killer work! How're those legs feeling?

That stack is gonna bring you some results! I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers soar bro.

Looks like I've got some mixed opinions on Stak. We'll see soon enough. Legs are feelings pretty sore today, which is scary. My quads usually get sore 2 days after hitting them, so I can only imagine what they're gonna feel like tomorrow. Been feeling great lately ...

Aggression
12-29-08, 7:54 pm
Threw in a serving of Shock Therapy for the first time in 2 weeks. I needed the extra boost, and what a boost it gave me ...

Chest:
Incline Barbell: 3 x 8-10 (225x8)
*205 x 8 two weeks ago
HS Incline Press: 3 x 8-10 (275x8)
Incline DB Fly: 3 x 8-10 (60x8)
Smith Guillotine Press: 3 x 8-10 (155 x 8)
Machine Fly: 3 x 10
Dips: 3 x F (BW x 20)

Traps:
BB Shrug: 3 x 135x25x3
*Standing BB Shrug: 135 x 25
*Bent Forward BB Shrug: 135 x 25
*Behind the Back BB Shrug: 135 x 25 -- all 3 = 1 set. Did 3 sets.

Abs:
Hanging Leg Raise: 3 x 8-12
*Hanging from pullup bar, raise feet to eye level
Decline Crunch: 3 x 15

Nitro+Torrent PWO

pmug0000
12-29-08, 8:52 pm
Damn that is some great progress on the incline bench, good work!

Factory
12-29-08, 9:13 pm
that's a ton of incline work... and 25 rep shrugs are no joke, I always have a hard time sleeping after em.

keep us updated on how stack and test work out for you.. I'm thinking about giving test a shot after my m-stack runs out. that's a while away still though.

scals
12-29-08, 10:59 pm
Nice work on the chest bro. I myself am going to do an incline intense chest day tomorrow. Check out G's article "Inclined to Grow". I like to throw that in every so often.

Aggression
12-30-08, 11:27 am
Damn that is some great progress on the incline bench, good work!

Thanks bro. Gotta keep eating and lifting hard. Gains will come.

Aggression
12-30-08, 11:31 am
that's a ton of incline work... and 25 rep shrugs are no joke, I always have a hard time sleeping after em.

keep us updated on how stack and test work out for you.. I'm thinking about giving test a shot after my m-stack runs out. that's a while away still though.

Yeah we do those 25rep super sets of shrugs every now and then to switch it up. At the end, it feels like if I squeeze hard enough, my traps will get stuck in the flexed position.

Stak will be added to my inventory next week. I'll start it on Monday. I'll keep you guys updated.

Nice work on the chest bro. I myself am going to do an incline intense chest day tomorrow. Check out G's article "Inclined to Grow". I like to throw that in every so often.

Yup, we blasted inclines last night. I had a serious pump going on at the end. Starting to see some changes ....

hardworkE
12-30-08, 12:24 pm
Traps are gonna go from massive to monstrous. Looking good with the chest workout too, love killing it with incline early in the workout.

Aggression
12-30-08, 1:00 pm
Traps are gonna go from massive to monstrous. Looking good with the chest workout too, love killing it with incline early in the workout.

Gotta love the constant change in exercises. Chest was unbelievably pumped.

I started out training with my partner and had high hopes. I was pumped up every training session to work out with him and push myself to new levels. I wanted to add mass and keep the body fat to a minimum and get real strong. Throughout the first week, everything seemed fine. I was plowing through intense workouts and did some good work on my body. I was loving life. In my life, the expression ''when it rains, it pours'' can't be more on point. The first leg session I did with my partner was the session I experienced my first exertion headache. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was horrendous. So much pain that I couldn't even think straight. As time passed, the pain slowly went away, but I left the gym that night still groggy and hurtin'. The next day was chest day. During the first real set of inclines, the pain came roaring back. I racked the weight, took some deep breathes and decided to finish up the workout with 50% intensity, just enough to get a good pump and leave. That particular scheme last about a week, with every workout being the same; Get a pump and go home. A week after the headache happened, I gave legs another go-round and everything seemed great. My strength was up, the pump was intense, and best of all, no headaches. I was cured. I went home as happy as a 5 year old on Christmas morning. As the night went on, I decided to make some chicken for the next few days. As I was slicing the chicken, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally nipped the palm of my hand with the knife. It was a solid, deep cut that bled for a while. Over the next few days, I coated it with several coats of 'liquid bandaid' and other various apparatuses to ensure protection. Workouts were again hindered.

It is now the end of December. I am fully recovered from both the exertion headache as well as the deep incision on my palm. Last night, I had one of the best workouts I've ever had. And I hope there's plenty more where that came from. 2009 will be a glorious year. I've already gained a solid 8lbs in 3 weeks. Animal Stak will be thrown into the mix next week and it will only get better from here. My health took a few bumps and bruises over the past 3 weeks, yet I was still able to scrape together 8 new pounds of muscle. Now being at 100% health, I can only imagine what's in store for me during the next few months ....

pedraza
12-30-08, 2:16 pm
well hope everything goes as planed for you. good luck in 09

Firedrake
12-30-08, 5:13 pm
What's in store? What do you WANT in store? Make your plan, set your goals!

There's an old saying: Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Aggression
12-30-08, 11:45 pm
well hope everything goes as planed for you. good luck in 09

Thanks for the support bro.

What's in store? What do you WANT in store? Make your plan, set your goals!

There's an old saying: Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

O I know what's in store; nothing but big gains. How big of gains? Who knows? I have 6.5 months left to bulk up. Then its time to diet. Get it done. Ain't nothing to it but to do it.

Aggression
12-30-08, 11:51 pm
7:50pm - TRF

Back:
Chinups: 50 reps
*Took 5 sets total. Improved by 5 reps this week.
*Last week after 4th set: 40 reps
*Today after 4th set: 45 reps
HS Single Arm Row: 3 x 12 (4plates x 12)
Machine Row: 3 x 8-10 (3p+25lb x 8)
Neutral Grip Seated Row: 3 x 12
Underhand Grip Pulldown: 3 x 8-10 (175 x 8)

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 8-12 (stack (200) x 8)
*Went nuts on last set with the stack
HS Leg Curl: 3 x 12 (90lbs x 12)
SLDL: 3 x 10

Nitro+Torrent PWO

Factory
12-30-08, 11:52 pm
Gotta love the constant change in exercises. Chest was unbelievably pumped.

I started out training with my partner and had high hopes. I was pumped up every training session to work out with him and push myself to new levels. I wanted to add mass and keep the body fat to a minimum and get real strong. Throughout the first week, everything seemed fine. I was plowing through intense workouts and did some good work on my body. I was loving life. In my life, the expression ''when it rains, it pours'' can't be more on point. The first leg session I did with my partner was the session I experienced my first exertion headache. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was horrendous. So much pain that I couldn't even think straight. As time passed, the pain slowly went away, but I left the gym that night still groggy and hurtin'. The next day was chest day. During the first real set of inclines, the pain came roaring back. I racked the weight, took some deep breathes and decided to finish up the workout with 50% intensity, just enough to get a good pump and leave. That particular scheme last about a week, with every workout being the same; Get a pump and go home. A week after the headache happened, I gave legs another go-round and everything seemed great. My strength was up, the pump was intense, and best of all, no headaches. I was cured. I went home as happy as a 5 year old on Christmas morning. As the night went on, I decided to make some chicken for the next few days. As I was slicing the chicken, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally nipped the palm of my hand with the knife. It was a solid, deep cut that bled for a while. Over the next few days, I coated it with several coats of 'liquid bandaid' and other various apparatuses to ensure protection. Workouts were again hindered.

It is now the end of December. I am fully recovered from both the exertion headache as well as the deep incision on my palm. Last night, I had one of the best workouts I've ever had. And I hope there's plenty more where that came from. 2009 will be a glorious year. I've already gained a solid 8lbs in 3 weeks. Animal Stak will be thrown into the mix next week and it will only get better from here. My health took a few bumps and bruises over the past 3 weeks, yet I was still able to scrape together 8 new pounds of muscle. Now being at 100% health, I can only imagine what's in store for me during the next few months ....

better now than a few weeks out from your comp.. Way to let it heal up and attack the weights again.

Aggression
12-30-08, 11:57 pm
better now than a few weeks out from your comp.. Way to let it heal up and attack the weights again.

I agree. It feels great to be back at full throttle during the workouts. After going through all that bullshit, I no longer take my workouts for granted. I go all out, leave everything in the gym. Because you never know what lies ahead of you. I wont waste anymore time. Every workout makes me better. Every rep gets me harder. Every meal gives me more strength. Every set gets me closer to first place .....

Aggression
12-31-08, 1:03 pm
Last workout of the year. I had to make it count ...

11:00am - TRF
- Shock Therapy, BetaAla9, Nitro pre-workout, Intra-Aid during

Shoulders:
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 x 3-10 (185x10x2 || 225 x 3)
*didn't like the low rep 3rd set AT all. Should have went 205
DB Press: 3 x 8-10 (75x8)
Barbell Front Raise: 3 x 15
Cable Lateral Raises: 3 x 12
Reverse Pec Deck: 3 x 12-15

-stretched-

Calves:
Super Horizontal Calf Press: 3 x 12
Standing Calf Raise: 3 x 10

Nitro

Treadmill - 15min

Torrent

TheDarkHalf
12-31-08, 3:20 pm
Lookin good brother happy new year!

Factory
12-31-08, 4:09 pm
I like your calf work out. Simple and to the point.

Aggression
12-31-08, 5:49 pm
Lookin good brother happy new year!

Thanks bro, have a happy new year.

I like your calf work out. Simple and to the point.

Thanks factory. gotta build up them calves; can't neglect them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Mr. Dead
12-31-08, 5:52 pm
Happy New Year to you, as well!!! And have a HUUUGE 2009!!!

pmug0000
12-31-08, 8:42 pm
Great workout, hitting 75 x8 on the dumbbell press after smith machine presses is strong!

Aggression
01-02-09, 12:23 pm
Roll your mouse over to the 'New Shit' tab and click. Now browse down the list of new and updated threads. I bet 90% of them will at least mention something about their new years resolution or their goals for the upcoming year.

I'm no different I guess. Only for me, my new years resolutions/goals started back on Dec 2, 2008. That is the date that I started lifting with my new partner and started my diet. For too many years I've been 'spinning my wheels' in and out of the gym. I lifted hard, I ate a lot of food, yet my training could have been harder/more intense and my diet was poor. For the last month, I've been on a whole new level. Through a better diet and better workouts, I've gained a solid 8lbs and have a new physique to gaze upon in the mirror. I'm tighter, leaner, stronger, and have a more pleasing shape than I did a month ago. I'm stronger than I was at 214lbs, and my abs are starting to pop a bit more (even though I'm on an off season diet). I've had more progress in the past 4 weeks than I did all year last year. I attribute this to the fact that I graduated college and started my career. The late nights of heavy boozin' and eating junk officially ended, as did the summer, along with its naturally crazy nights in seaside (I'm a local, not one of 'those guys')

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the results I've had in the last month. If it's any inclination as to whats to come in the next 10 months, all I have to say to everyone competing against me on Oct 24 is, "Just try for 2nd place"

Factory
01-02-09, 12:32 pm
Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the results I've had in the last month. If it's any inclination as to whats to come in the next 10 months, all I have to say to everyone competing against me on Oct 24 is, "Just try for 2nd place"

That's the attitude to have brother. You keep at it and noone's goanna come close. Every time you train, train harder than anyone else can, and You'll just be pulling further and further away from the competition, until it's not even a competition anymore.

Aggression
01-02-09, 3:24 pm
Well its a new year and in conjunction with the new year, I've just returned from restocking my supplements. Went a little different this time around. I've decided to keep things more simplistic in my approach. I don't want to rely on supplements while I try to attain a great physique. Here's the rundown of my current supplement stack.

Animal Pak
Animal Omega -- both with breakfast
Animal Nitro - 2 packets/day (pre and post WO)
Torrent
Intra-Aid
Uni-Liver - I've heard good things about this old school product. So i'll start popping them.
Stak - my second 'cycled' animal product. M-stak was awesome, lets see about stak
ZMA Pro - i love the sleeps I get while on ZMA

Old supplements still lying around
- Storm is only used on off-days, first thing in the morning
- EAA stack will be used 1-2x/day (whats left of it)
- Shock Therapy will be used when necessary, not on a daily basis (what's left of it)
- BetaAla9 will be used daily until the bottle is gone (~2 weeks left)
- Real Gains/Milk&Egg is used for 'in case of an emergency' scenario

TheDarkHalf
01-02-09, 4:28 pm
Looks good man, I love ZMA too. I could write movies and books after some of those dreams that I have on that shit.

Aggression
01-02-09, 4:40 pm
Looks good man, I love ZMA too. I could write movies and books after some of those dreams that I have on that shit.

Its great man. Some vivid, life-like dreams. Makes me want to try that whole 'lucid dream' scenario. Are you familiar with it? The outcome is that you'll be able to recognize when you're dreaming so that you can basically do whatever you want. For example, once you realize its a dream, you can go ahead and jump out of a window or something haha.

TheDarkHalf
01-02-09, 4:46 pm
Its great man. Some vivid, life-like dreams. Makes me want to try that whole 'lucid dream' scenario. Are you familiar with it? The outcome is that you'll be able to recognize when you're dreaming so that you can basically do whatever you want. For example, once you realize its a dream, you can go ahead and jump out of a window or something haha.

I actually have done that before. It was when I was younger. I used to say to myself "I am in control of my dreams" over and over in my mind until I feel asleep. I jumped off of a building in one dream, and as I was falling I waved my hand and a giant plastic ball pit appeared in the ground and broke my fall. Another instance, I was having a nightmare. When the nightmare got too intense, I had the ability to "teleport" myself out of the dream and then "teleport" right back into the dream where I had left off. Pretty sweet.

Aggression
01-02-09, 4:50 pm
So I received a bunch of Christmas money from family/relatives and I'm not one to purchase big things. I don't even buy clothes often. I just stash all my money in my bank account and let that fucker grow. The only thing I 'wanted' for Christmas was a new TV. I say 'wanted' because I don't really need it, yet it'll be nice to bring with me once I move out on my own. Its a nice 32'' Vizio with built-in HDTV. I look at things and say ''do I want it? or do I need it?". Most of the time, it comes down to only 'wanting' it. But since I had a good amount of funds come in during the holidays, and being that I rarely spend any money at all, I decided to purchase a Wii last night on E-bay.

Some of you will laugh, but fuck it, that shit is fun. New Years day, I spent like 2 hours playing Wii Tennis with my 2 best friends. Picture walking by a window, peering in, and seeing 3 guys, two of them are ~210+, swinging their little sticks as they play tennis. I bought it from a seller on eBay and I'm getting the system, brand new in the box, with 2 controllers, the nuncuck (sp?) and the Wii Sports game. That's a fun system to fuck around with when you and a bunch of your friends are just chillen out. Call me childish or w/e, I'm pumped about getting my Wii haha.

pmug0000
01-02-09, 9:28 pm
Nothing wrong with some Wii action. I've never played it but I definitely would given the chance.

That supp stack looks solid. Good choice on the Uni-Liver's, they're cheap as shit and I think they're a great addition. I've been taking them for over 6 months.

Aggression
01-02-09, 9:53 pm
I actually have done that before. It was when I was younger. I used to say to myself "I am in control of my dreams" over and over in my mind until I feel asleep. I jumped off of a building in one dream, and as I was falling I waved my hand and a giant plastic ball pit appeared in the ground and broke my fall. Another instance, I was having a nightmare. When the nightmare got too intense, I had the ability to "teleport" myself out of the dream and then "teleport" right back into the dream where I had left off. Pretty sweet.

That's awesome. I always wanted to do that.

Nothing wrong with some Wii action. I've never played it but I definitely would given the chance.

That supp stack looks solid. Good choice on the Uni-Liver's, they're cheap as shit and I think they're a great addition. I've been taking them for over 6 months.

Looking forward to the Wii coming in. Next weekend shall be fun times. Uni-Liver is a good old school product. I can't wait to throw it into the mix. I'll start it up Monday.

Aggression
01-02-09, 9:58 pm

Arms:
Tricep Pushdowns: 4 x 10-15
-- superset w/ --
EZ Bar Curls: 4 x 8-15
*drop set on last set of each

Machine Pressdowns: 3 x 12
-- superset w/ --
Machine Curls: 3 x 10-12
*drop set on last set again

Skullcrushers: 3 x 8-12
-- superset w/ --
DB Curls: 3 x 10

*similar to that 'Armory' article on the site. We just switched up the exercises so that they were close to one another. Great Pump, fewer sets than normal, but we physically couldn't do anymore. Good way to start off '09.

scals
01-03-09, 12:02 am
Great workout brother. Killed those arms. Question for ya. ZMA, how long before bed you take it? Idk if it's just me, but I can't sleep after I take it. Weird.

PS. On a funny note, I never wanna walk by a window and see three guys swinging their "little sticks". Just a personal preference, hahahaha.

Factory
01-03-09, 12:03 am
hahahahahha scals... I can't believe I didn't catch that...

Great superset arm work. It always gives you a ridiculous pump.

Aggression
01-03-09, 1:21 am
Great workout brother. Killed those arms. Question for ya. ZMA, how long before bed you take it? Idk if it's just me, but I can't sleep after I take it. Weird.

PS. On a funny note, I never wanna walk by a window and see three guys swinging their "little sticks". Just a personal preference, hahahaha.

HaHa, man I didn't even realize it sounded like that.

As for the ZMA, I usually just take it while I'm lying in bed and just fall asleep. I'm the type of person who only needs like 2seconds to fall asleep. It's almost like how drunk people just ass out really quick, only I'm sober and I do it haha.

hahahahahha scals... I can't believe I didn't catch that...

Great superset arm work. It always gives you a ridiculous pump.

Yeah bro, arms were blown the fuck up here. Thought about doing more sets, but decided against it and just went home. Solid work IMO.

pedraza
01-03-09, 11:42 am
good job on crushing those arms

pmug0000
01-03-09, 1:45 pm

x2 looked like some intense supersets

Aggression
01-03-09, 6:55 pm

x2 looked like some intense supersets

Thanks fellas. Gotta love throwing in a workout like that every now and then.

Woke up this morning at 209. I'm definitely satisfied with that weight, considering that new years eve/day were a little difficult in terms of getting meals in. I'll start my Stak cycle at 209 on Monday. I gained 8lbs off the M-stak, so I'm hoping for similar results, yet from experience, I don't have that much success when it comes to hormone boosters. Since my body has taken a big break from all those types of supplements in the past year, I'm hoping my system is re-wired for some serious growth. Time will tell .....

pedraza
01-03-09, 7:49 pm
Thanks fellas. Gotta love throwing in a workout like that every now and then.

Woke up this morning at 209. I'm definitely satisfied with that weight, considering that new years eve/day were a little difficult in terms of getting meals in. I'll start my Stak cycle at 209 on Monday. I gained 8lbs off the M-stak, so I'm hoping for similar results, yet from experience, I don't have that much success when it comes to hormone boosters. Since my body has taken a big break from all those types of supplements in the past year, I'm hoping my system is re-wired for some serious growth. Time will tell .....

well i hope things go as plained with the stak cycle.

Aggression
01-04-09, 5:31 pm
2:30pm

Quads:
Leg Ext: 3 x 15
Hack Squat: 3 x 8-12 (315 x 8)
Leg Press: 3 x 15 (5pps x 15)
Smith Lunge: 3 x 10
DB Lunge: 1 set of walking lunges
HS 1-Leg Ext: 3 x 12

*10min bike to work the blood out

Nitro + Torrent PWO

pmug0000
01-04-09, 8:56 pm
Good leg day aggression those are some heavy hack squats! Do you do them with a hack squat machine or with a barbell?

Aggression
01-05-09, 9:27 am
Good leg day aggression those are some heavy hack squats! Do you do them with a hack squat machine or with a barbell?

Thanks bro. Legs are hurting already. Gotta love it. I do the hack squat machine. Its become one of my favorite exercises as of late. I love the motion, and I place my feet close together and at the bottom of the pad for emphasis on the outer quads. Same goes for the leg press.

pedraza
01-05-09, 10:20 am
way to work those legs

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 1:11 pm
First off- The new supp stack looks solid. Great results will come. Uni-Liver and ZMA are 2 of my favorite products. Stak is up there too!

Great arm work, and awsome leg day!