PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Aggression
04-06-11, 10:40 am
You're more than welcome, brother.

What I'm doing is both. On workout days, I tend to do HIIT cardio on the treadmill; interval sprints. On off days, I'll run around the block doing hill sprints, or jump rope, or play basketball, etc. Anything to shock the system to help burn fat.

I see... Ya I am going more towards Hill Sprints on treadmill which really boils down to interval sprints with Incline all the way up... Only problem I am having is I feel my workout's are taking too long...

The lifting part? The cardio part? Or both?

Polk17
04-06-11, 10:43 am
The lifting part? The cardio part? Or both?

Both... Because I am trying to do cardio post workout, for fat burning purposes... Plus if I do that it gives me a full day off on Wednesday, and the weekend to rest and recover... But with the warmup, stretch, foamrolling, lifting, and cardio Im going 90 minutes on some days...

Aggression
04-06-11, 10:51 am
Both... Because I am trying to do cardio post workout, for fat burning purposes... Plus if I do that it gives me a full day off on Wednesday, and the weekend to rest and recover... But with the warmup, stretch, foamrolling, lifting, and cardio Im going 90 minutes on some days...

Yeah I guess the warmup, stretches, and foam rolling really add up in minutes. I'm usually there about an hour, and that includes cardio. Now that its warmer out, I usually head in and start with light weights for the main movement. If its shoulder/bench days, I take 2 sets of rotator cuff work and then start with the bar, etc. I train with someone, so right after he's done with his set, we load my weight and attack. The HIIT cardio for me is only about 15-20min long. And I only stretch postWO, not pre. Its a bit dangerous to stretch a cold muscle, so I wait until I'm done.

I only do cardio after deadlift, M.P., and bench days, not after squats. But if you have 3 off days, use them for cardio and then add a 4th day in after your quickest workout, which should be either bench or military press.

scals
04-06-11, 10:54 am
Hitting up JSF? I like it. Need to get together and train down there again.

Aggression
04-06-11, 10:57 am
Hitting up JSF? I like it. Need to get together and train down there again.

Since I'm still running the 5/3/1, I stick to my main gym during the big weeks. On my deload week (this week), I'm down to hit up random places and do a light intensity/light volume bodybuilder split workout. With the 5/3/1, you're only doing 4 big movements, all of which just require a bar. So its not 'fun' to hit up random places when you're doing the same movements, haha. But I hit up JSF b/c I was doing chest and I wanted to use that sweet ass flat hammer strength press machine. Shit is smooth as hell.

scals
04-06-11, 10:59 am
Since I'm still running the 5/3/1, I stick to my main gym during the big weeks. On my deload week (this week), I'm down to hit up random places and do a light intensity/light volume bodybuilder split workout. With the 5/3/1, you're only doing 4 big movements, all of which just require a bar. So its not 'fun' to hit up random places when you're doing the same movements, haha. But I hit up JSF b/c I was doing chest and I wanted to use that sweet ass flat hammer strength press machine. Shit is smooth as hell.

I hear ya bro. I'm gonna take a trip down to VA Tech tomorrow and train at the gym I did throughout college. Just trying to get a change of scenery the last 4.5 weeks!

Polk17
04-06-11, 11:36 am
Yeah I guess the warmup, stretches, and foam rolling really add up in minutes. I'm usually there about an hour, and that includes cardio. Now that its warmer out, I usually head in and start with light weights for the main movement. If its shoulder/bench days, I take 2 sets of rotator cuff work and then start with the bar, etc. I train with someone, so right after he's done with his set, we load my weight and attack. The HIIT cardio for me is only about 15-20min long. And I only stretch postWO, not pre. Its a bit dangerous to stretch a cold muscle, so I wait until I'm done.

I only do cardio after deadlift, M.P., and bench days, not after squats. But if you have 3 off days, use them for cardio and then add a 4th day in after your quickest workout, which should be either bench or military press.

What I generally do is foam roll, jump rope, then active stretch... Then go into it... I think I might try and see if taking complete days off work with no real cardio... Because I had been only doing cardio on Bench & Military days... And if it doesn't work, then maybe go back to the other way... I am like you with my goal, I need to cut about 10-15 lbs, mainly in my core to get to beach status... And I am hoping that when I get there I can keep my diet in tact and go into more of a maintenance Cardio phase... But we will see...

Mr. Dead
04-06-11, 11:39 am
Lookin' good, in here...!!! Definitely watching the twists and turns, in here...

Aggression
04-06-11, 11:42 am
What I generally do is foam roll, jump rope, then active stretch... Then go into it... I think I might try and see if taking complete days off work with no real cardio... Because I had been only doing cardio on Bench & Military days... And if it doesn't work, then maybe go back to the other way... I am like you with my goal, I need to cut about 10-15 lbs, mainly in my core to get to beach status... And I am hoping that when I get there I can keep my diet in tact and go into more of a maintenance Cardio phase... But we will see...

Why not just foam roll, walk for about 5min and then head into the lifts? By jumping rope prior, you're expending valuable energy that could be used for the lifts. Save it for the weights, bro. In the warm weather, I get right into it. During the winter, I tend to walk for 5min to get the blood flowing. Don't waste any energy that could be used for the iron. Do all cardio postWO

Polk17
04-06-11, 11:49 am
Why not just foam roll, walk for about 5min and then head into the lifts? By jumping rope prior, you're expending valuable energy that could be used for the lifts. Save it for the weights, bro. In the warm weather, I get right into it. During the winter, I tend to walk for 5min to get the blood flowing. Don't waste any energy that could be used for the iron. Do all cardio postWO

I have usually just jumped rope for about 3 minutes, then went into it... But I might try your plan, see how that goes... I know I tend to take way to long before actually working out, and it makes my whole day drag... When you use Jump Rope for your Cardio how long do you jump for?

Aggression
04-06-11, 12:02 pm
I have usually just jumped rope for about 3 minutes, then went into it... But I might try your plan, see how that goes... I know I tend to take way to long before actually working out, and it makes my whole day drag... When you use Jump Rope for your Cardio how long do you jump for?

15-20 minutes. Nothing too crazy. In between sets I'll do some crunches or planks.

Polk17
04-06-11, 12:10 pm
15-20 minutes. Nothing too crazy. In between sets I'll do some crunches or planks.

I might try that I have never thought of doing jump rope as my Cardio, I have only used it just as Wendler prescribes, as a warm-up...

Aggression
04-06-11, 1:06 pm
I might try that I have never thought of doing jump rope as my Cardio, I have only used it just as Wendler prescribes, as a warm-up...

There's no real rules when it comes to cardio. Traditionally, cardio is thought to be a treadmill, bike, elliptical, or stepper. Think outside the box. Hill sprints, jump rope, jogging around the block, taking the dog for a long walk, playing basketball for 30-60min, etc. Its all cardio, brother.

LayzieBone085
04-06-11, 8:32 pm
Jump Rope = Brutal. Double Hops = Ouch.

Aggression
04-06-11, 9:28 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Shock Therapy

Arms:
Preacher Bench EZ Bar Curls: 4x8-10
Single Arm Machine Curl: 3x8
Rope Hammer Curl: 2x10
- stretch -
Straight Bar Pressdown: 4x10
Smith Machine Close Grip BP: 3x8-10
Overhead Rope Ext: 2x10
- stretch -
20min HIIT

postWO: EAA Nitro, Glutamine

scals
04-06-11, 10:38 pm
Nice arm workout bro. Hows it feel to do some volume?

Phil800101
04-07-11, 1:24 am
Nice gun show bro!

Aggression
04-07-11, 3:27 pm
Nice arm workout bro. Hows it feel to do some volume?

Felt good. Feels nice to get away from the heavy weights for a week to properly recover. But next week, its ON!

Seath308
04-07-11, 4:09 pm
Funny I'm adding a Bicep only day once a week. ( The day after I bench) On that same day I will be doing my Landry and going tanning until summer gets here. I think you guys call this "GTL" ? lol

Aggression
04-07-11, 4:14 pm
Funny I'm adding a Bicep only day once a week. ( The day after I bench) On that same day I will be doing my Landry and going tanning until summer gets here. I think you guys call this "GTL" ? lol

'bout time you joined the movement. Memorial Day Weekend is quickly approaching, B. Gotta be ready ...

Polk17
04-07-11, 8:30 pm
'bout time you joined the movement. Memorial Day Weekend is quickly approaching, B. Gotta be ready ...

Is fistpumping considered Cardio??

LayzieBone085
04-07-11, 8:47 pm
^^^ lmaooooo

Polk17
04-07-11, 9:02 pm
^^^ lmaooooo

Haha... Even better cause Agg and I were talking earlier yesterday in his thread about getting out of the box for Cardio... Not on bike or tread...

Seath308
04-07-11, 9:10 pm
Life is to short to have small arms LOL ... Got an intense Bicep pump! Memorial day here I come!!!

Oh and I should not have went in the tanning bed the full time. The lady said I would be fine. Walked out looking like a fucking Lobster!

Funky
04-08-11, 7:42 am
Blood filling arms is such a wonderful feeling! Nice workout Bro!

MRmichael.hooker
04-08-11, 7:44 am
Life is to short to have small arms LOL !

HAHA! Love it bro

mritter3
04-08-11, 8:05 am
looks like the deload is going well for ya aggression....nice arm session.

Aggression
04-08-11, 8:10 am
Is fistpumping considered Cardio??

Absolutely. As long as the fist pump is paired with grindin' up on something sexy.

Haha... Even better cause Agg and I were talking earlier yesterday in his thread about getting out of the box for Cardio... Not on bike or tread...

Jump rope, hill sprints, fist pumpin', its all gonna burn calories, haha!

Life is to short to have small arms LOL ... Got an intense Bicep pump! Memorial day here I come!!!

Oh and I should not have went in the tanning bed the full time. The lady said I would be fine. Walked out looking like a fucking Lobster!

M-D-Dub! Damn, that lady fucked you up! But if you consistently go, you should be fine next time for the full.

looks like the deload is going well for ya aggression....nice arm session.

Yeah, the deload is a nice way to change the pace. Every deload will now be the same; a traditional light bodybuilding style workout. It keeps things interesting and allows more of a 'free play' when heading into the gym, which is the exact opposite of the 5/3/1.

Aggression
04-08-11, 8:14 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Back:
Lat Pulldowns: 2 warmups, 2x8-10
BB Rows: 135x6x2, 225x5, 275x5 (felt strong as fuck on these. could have easily repped it for 10 if I had straps or chalk; proof that the 5/3/1 works: STRENGTH)
Seated Cable Rows: 3x10

Shoulders:
Reverse Pec Fly: 3x10
Seated Machine Laterals: 3x10
Seated DB Press: 3x4-10 (90sx4 -- proof again that 5/3/1 works. I wasn't even in that 'intense' zone and busted 4 reps like cake)
Smith Machine Shrugs: 3x10

15min HIIT

DELOAD is over. I'll do some cardio over the weekend and then back to squats on Monday.

Big D
04-08-11, 8:42 am
my deload is over too.. but i still feel like shit.. maybe i need a massage from your girl jwow...

Phil800101
04-08-11, 8:57 am
Strong! Nice work.

Aggression
04-08-11, 9:07 am
my deload is over too.. but i still feel like shit.. maybe i need a massage from your girl jwow...

That's cuz you're a bitch.

Maybe it's because you're dieting down? Less calories, less carbs means its harder to recover. And a massage from Jwoww, eh? I'm going to find her house this weekend. One way or another, I'll get a happy ending ..

Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Back:
Lat Pulldowns: 2 warmups, 2x8-10
BB Rows: 135x6x2, 225x5, 275x5 (felt strong as fuck on these. could have easily repped it for 10 if I had straps or chalk; proof that the 5/3/1 works: STRENGTH)
Seated Cable Rows: 3x10

Shoulders:
Reverse Pec Fly: 3x10
Seated Machine Laterals: 3x10
Seated DB Press: 3x4-10 (90sx4 -- proof again that 5/3/1 works. I wasn't even in that 'intense' zone and busted 4 reps like cake)

15min HIIT

DELOAD is over. I'll do some cardio over the weekend and then back to squats on Monday.

page bump

Big D
04-08-11, 9:40 am

Maybe it's because you're dieting down? Less calories, less carbs means its harder to recover. And a massage from Jwoww, eh? I'm going to find her house this weekend. One way or another, I'll get a happy ending ..

that could possibly be the reason..or maybe its cuz im going to plow your girl jwow before you..

and noone wants a page bumpppp sorry

Polk17
04-08-11, 9:44 am
Id have to turn into a Cardio athlete if thats grindin on JWoww and fistpumping was considered cardio... Wowww... They don't come like that down here in FL...

Aggression
04-08-11, 9:56 am
that could possibly be the reason..or maybe its cuz im going to plow your girl jwow before you..

Our friendship vanishes if you plow Jwoww before me. So do your supplements and other amenities. Why? Because ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

Id have to turn into a Cardio athlete if thats grindin on JWoww and fistpumping was considered cardio... Wowww... They don't come like that down here in FL...

I don't see that as a bad thing .... haha.

Big D
04-08-11, 11:04 am
Our friendship vanishes if you plow Jwoww before me. So do your supplements and other amenities. Why? Because ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

#thatsnotfair

Polk17
04-08-11, 2:54 pm
A, did you ever read those nutrition links I put on D's page? John Berardi's diet stuff called Massive Eating... Since your adjusting your diet some you might like it... I recently made some adjustments based on
What I read in there and am still gaining strength and noticeably leaner... And that's the only thing I changed..,

Aggression
04-08-11, 3:08 pm
A, did you ever read those nutrition links I put on D's page? John Berardi's diet stuff called Massive Eating... Since your adjusting your diet some you might like it... I recently made some adjustments based on
What I read in there and am still gaining strength and noticeably leaner... And that's the only thing I changed..,

I remember seeing the links about it, but I don't think I read it over in depth. Post 'em up here again, if you don't mind.

Polk17
04-08-11, 3:14 pm
I remember seeing the links about it, but I don't think I read it over in depth. Post 'em up here again, if you don't mind.

Ok... Gimme bout an hour... 1 week squats... Big things going on...

Polk17
04-08-11, 5:35 pm
Here are the links...

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_2.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_rl_1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_rl_2.htm

They are posted in the correct order....

LayzieBone085
04-08-11, 8:29 pm

You have to remember he wrote those in 2002, and then a few years later after he finished massive eating he had second thoughts on his information and debunked his own theory.

Also check out this article that was just posted as well showing why bernardi gets slammed for his broscience and false information:

http://www.leangains.com/2011/04/critique-of-issn-position-stand-on-meal.html

Polk17
04-08-11, 8:45 pm
You have to remember he wrote those in 2002, and then a few years later after he finished massive eating he had second thoughts on his information and debunked his own theory.

Also check out this article that was just posted as well showing why bernardi gets slammed for his broscience and false information:

Well I posted both articles, the Massive Eating and the reloaded... That's the first I heard about him getting in trouble... I got turned on to these off Big Byrds thread... He claims to follow some of those ideas of Berardi... I'm curious about him getting busted though... Thanks for the link...

Aggression
04-11-11, 8:39 am
Here are the links...

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_2.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_rl_1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_rl_2.htm

They are posted in the correct order....

Thanks. I'll read 'em over at some point today if I have time.

Good post, LB. I have some reading to do.

Well I posted both articles, the Massive Eating and the reloaded... That's the first I heard about him getting in trouble... I got turned on to these off Big Byrds thread... He claims to follow some of those ideas of Berardi... I'm curious about him getting busted though... Thanks for the link...

Interesting.

Aggression
04-11-11, 8:48 am
Friday
- off night from training
- spent 2.5hrs talking with mortgage broker after work. He gave me what I thought was a bogus interest rate.

Saturday
- assumptions about bogus rate were confirm when I was able to get one much lower.
- hit the links with some friends. Shot a 54 on the front. Not bad for first time out all year.
- my drives always sucked, except for Saturday. something, whatever it was, was clicking and I was mashing the ball dead center, 250yds+ each time.
- the course shop is connected to a hibachi place, so we finished the 18 with 4 sake bombs and 3 Sapporo's.
- went out for cheat meal afterward; buffalo style mozzarella sticks (spicy breading on outside, with montery jack cheese inside served with blue cheese, and a pizza)
- went out for drinks later that night

Sunday
- the usual; food shopping and cooking
- hit the gym for an ab circuit and cardio (mostly due to boredom)

Lying Leg Raise: 20 reps
Machine Crunches: 20 reps
Cable Twists: 15 reps per side
Rope Crunches: 20 reps
Knee Ups: 10 reps
Hanging Leg Raise: 8 reps
Broomstick Twist: 50 reps (25/side)
Ab Cruncher Machine: 20 reps
------------------------------------
180+ reps followed by 20min HIIT on treadmill

Back to SQUATS tonight on the 5/3/1 .. rocking these ...

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/eefed276.jpg

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-11, 8:57 am
- the course shop is connected to a hibatchi place, so we finished the 18 with 4 saki bombs and 3 Sapparo's.

Its properly spelled "hibachi", "sake" and "Sapporo" my brotha. You gotta get the Japanese spell-check on your computer.

As long as you don't spell "Higa" wrong, we are still bros. LOL

Higa-san

Razor
04-11-11, 9:00 am
Friday
- spent 2.5hrs talking with mortgage broker after work. He gave me what I thought was a bogus interest rate.

Saturday
- assumptions about bogus rate were confirm when I was able to get one much lower.
- hit the links with some friends. Shot a 54 on the front. Not bad for first time out all year.
- my drives always sucked, except for Saturday. something, whatever it was, was clicking and I was mashing the ball dead center, 250yds+ each time.
- the course shop is connected to a hibatchi place, so we finished the 18 with 4 saki bombs and 3 Sapparo's.
- went out for cheat meal afterward; buffalo style mozzarella sticks (spicy breading on outside, with montery jack cheese inside served with blue cheese, and a pizza)

Sunday

That is one helluva circuit!!!!

Razor
04-11-11, 9:02 am
Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I see patches....does that mean we'll be seeing them soon????

Aggression
04-11-11, 9:23 am
Its properly spelled "hibachi", "sake" and "Sapporo" my brotha. You gotta get the Japanese spell-check on your computer.

As long as you don't spell "Higa" wrong, we are still bros. LOL

Higa-san

I edited the original post in compliance! I'm a big fan of both hibachi and sake, but I very rarely have to type it out, hence me not knowing the proper spelling, haha.

That is one helluva circuit!!!!

I think I may make this a normal thing; an ab/cardio day. Felt good to solely concentrate on abs and then blast cardio. That was the most ab work I've done in a single workout in a LONG time.

I see patches....does that mean we'll be seeing them soon????

Hmmm .....

Enforcer
04-11-11, 10:36 am
Someone is getting ready for the shore with that ab circut...lol. Just stand next to Whitey, he'll make anyone look bettter with their shirt off....lmao

Aggression
04-11-11, 10:44 am
Someone is getting ready for the shore with that ab circut...lol. Just stand next to Whitey, he'll make anyone look bettter with their shirt off....lmao

wow .. spot on, lol.

Speaking of that, you gotta come down, bro. He built a gym in his garage. He's got dumbbells, kettle balls, a squat rack, a rower, and a big ass tire to flip. We just make up a big circuit and do it a few times. Its a nice change of pace.

Enforcer
04-11-11, 10:46 am
wow .. spot on, lol.

Speaking of that, you gotta come down, bro. He built a gym in his garage. He's got dumbbells, kettle balls, a squat rack, a rower, and a big ass tire to flip. We just make up a big circuit and do it a few times. Its a nice change of pace.

Damn really? Fuck Im def. gona have to make my way down there for a session then. I mean he mite show me up but Ill do my bets to keep up...lol

Polk17
04-11-11, 11:45 am
I dig the Chucks bro... You won't see anyone ever wearing the sane as you... And that's winning...

C.Coronato
04-11-11, 12:58 pm
wow .. spot on, lol.

Damn i want to get in on that as well!

Aggression
04-11-11, 1:07 pm
Damn really? Fuck Im def. gona have to make my way down there for a session then. I mean he mite show me up but Ill do my bets to keep up...lol

Despite his large appearance, the man has some endurance. He's one of those fat 'in shape' people, lol.

Damn i want to get in on that as well!

I smell an NJ ABC in White's garage, haha.

I dig the Chucks bro... You won't see anyone ever wearing the sane as you... And that's winning...

Absolutely.

Mr. Dead
04-11-11, 1:08 pm
What's up, in here...???

Aggression
04-11-11, 1:18 pm
What's up, in here...???

Did you even attempt to find out yourself, Deadman!?!??! haha. If you go back just one single page, I just gave an update as to what happened all weekend long.

Mr. Dead
04-11-11, 1:37 pm
Did you even attempt to find out yourself, Deadman!?!??! haha. If you go back just one single page, I just gave an update as to what happened all weekend long.

Big D is a bitch... He wants to plow J-Wow... Which you're okay with, as long as you get to go first... You have issues spelling Japanese things, but no problem eating or drinking them... You hit a tiny ball, and ran 18-bases... And, there was a bogus rate...

Big D
04-11-11, 1:38 pm
Big D is a bitch... He wants to plow J-Wow... Which you're okay with, as long as you get to go first... You have issues spelling Japanese things, but no problem eating or drinking them... You hit a tiny ball, and ran 18-bases... And, there was a bogus rate...

wowwwwwwwwwwww now.. wait, why was i a bitch again?

Mr. Dead
04-11-11, 1:43 pm

page bump

wowwwwwwwwwwww now.. wait, why was i a bitch again?

See above...

Big D
04-11-11, 1:45 pm
See above...

ohh thats right... but it was later seen that Agg was just either a. PSMing that day or b. realzing that im gunna bang his girl jwow before him

Phil800101
04-11-11, 1:59 pm
Nice kicks! Gotta love Sapporo and sake.

Aggression
04-11-11, 2:05 pm

There you go. Pretty much spot on with everything. Except I didn't run 18 bases. The 18 was the number of holes on a golf course ...

ohh thats right... but it was later seen that Agg was just either a. PSMing that day or b. realzing that im gunna bang his girl jwow before him

C. Big D is a bitch

Nice kicks! Gotta love Sapporo and sake.

Yeah man I'll be rocking those Chucks tonight for squats.

Mr. Dead
04-11-11, 2:06 pm
There you go. Pretty much spot on with everything. Except I didn't run 18 bases. The 18 was the number of holes on a golf course ...

C. Big D is a bitch

Yeah man I'll be rocking those Chucks tonight for squats.

Golf... You hit a small ball, run 18 bases, and try to hit it past the windmill... Golf was meant for X-Box, Playstation, and Wii... Especially "Outlaw Golf", when you can spank the caddy... *LOL*

Phil800101
04-11-11, 2:12 pm
I want a hamburger...no, a cheeseburger. And I want a hot dog, I want a milkshake, I want potato chips...

Big D
04-11-11, 3:10 pm
C. Big D is a bitch

#notfunnyjoke

LayzieBone085
04-11-11, 3:50 pm
I want a hamburger...no, a cheeseburger. And I want a hot dog, I want a milkshake, I want potato chips...

Caddyshack?

Polk17
04-11-11, 4:14 pm
Caddyshack?

Fuckin Spalding... I think the reply is "You'll get nothing, and like it!".... Hahaha

Phil800101
04-11-11, 6:23 pm
Caddyshack?

Fuckin Spalding... I think the reply is "You'll get nothing, and like it!".... Hahaha

Bingo!

Aggression
04-12-11, 8:53 am
Golf... You hit a small ball, run 18 bases, and try to hit it past the windmill... Golf was meant for X-Box, Playstation, and Wii... Especially "Outlaw Golf", when you can spank the caddy... *LOL*

I used to rock Tiger Woods Golf for Xbox for days back in high school. But hitting the actual links is always a great time. I love playing golf and I expect to play a lot more often this summer.

#notfunnyjoke

you know I got nothin' but love for ya, D.

Aggression
04-12-11, 8:58 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage

5/3/1
Bike: 10min warmup
BB Squat: warmups, 230x5, 265x5, 300x7
Front BB Squat: 3x3-5
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3x10
Seated Calf Extension: 5x5-10
- stretch -
Bike: 5min cool down

postWO: EAA Nitro, Glutamine, Storm

postWO relaxation: my brother bought MLB The Show '11 for PS3. I decided to play it, going with the Yankees against the Phillies. The game itself is pretty damn sweet. Here's the highlights ..

- Burnett: 6IP, 5ER (funny .. he sucks in real life AND in video games)
- Chamberlain: W, 3IP, 2ER, 5k's
- Texeira: Solo HR
- Posada: 3B (yes .. a triple due to the left fielder misplaying the ball, but not an E)
- Martin: Solo HR
- A-rod: 3R HR
- Granderson: walk-off 3R HR to win the game in the bottom of the 9th

I went to sleep happy.

D-NUTZ
04-12-11, 9:07 am
Haha, hell yeah bro. Nice squats and nice win!

Funky
04-12-11, 9:12 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage

5/3/1
Bike: 10min warmup
BB Squat: warmups, 230x5, 265x5, 300x7
Front BB Squat: 3x3-5
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3x10
Seated Calf Extension: 5x5-10
- stretch -
Bike: 5min cool down

postWO: EAA Nitro, Glutamine, Storm

postWO relaxation: my brother bought MLB The Show '11 for PS3. I decided to play it, going with the Yankees against the Phillies. The game itself is pretty damn sweet. Here's the highlights ..

- Burnett: 6IP, 5ER (funny .. he sucks in real life AND in video games)
- Chamberlain: W, 3IP, 2ER, 5k's
- Texeira: Solo HR
- Posada: 3B (yes .. a triple due to the left fielder misplaying the ball, but not an E)
- Martin: Solo HR
- A-rod: 3R HR
- Granderson: walk-off 3R HR to win the game in the bottom of the 9th

I went to sleep happy.

Bump since dead refuses to read before he posts, Big D is angry, because he's told he's a bitch, and Agg seems to love golf outside, inside and upside down! Nice Squats Brother!

Big D
04-12-11, 9:28 am
ill smack you in "The Show '11"

that is all.

Aggression
04-12-11, 9:43 am
ill smack you in "The Show '11"

that is all.

considering it was the first time I've played this year's version, and the first time I've played a video game in months, yeah, you're probably right. And if we did, what would we do? Yankees v Yankees? Is that possible? haha.

mritter3
04-12-11, 9:57 am
nice squatting aggression....

Phil800101
04-12-11, 10:20 am
Strong work my man!

Aggression
04-12-11, 10:34 am
I love the videos these guys put out ..

another gem: http://youtu.be/wz6-1XczIIE

smoothballer
04-12-11, 10:39 am

Saw that yesterday. Fucking Fantastic!

Big D
04-12-11, 10:42 am
considering it was the first time I've played this year's version, and the first time I've played a video game in months, yeah, you're probably right. And if we did, what would we do? Yankees v Yankees? Is that possible? haha.

hahaha ive never played.. im just thinking that my awesomeness is unrivalable.. and just the sheer fact that i will be playing; i will be winning.

and yea yanks v yanks would be the only option.. except i refuse to pitch wtih Burnett cuz he is poopjuice

The Iron Gumby
04-12-11, 10:42 am

Oh Hell Yeah. PRs today! Thanks for that.

Aggression
04-12-11, 3:35 pm
and yea yanks v yanks would be the only option.. except i refuse to pitch wtih Burnett cuz he is poopjuice

Yup. I found that out the hard way. His control sucks in real life AND in video game version. Double fail.

Oh Hell Yeah. PRs today! Thanks for that.

Yup. I'm hoping for the same!

Aggression
04-13-11, 8:49 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

5/3/1
Rotator Cuff Warmup: 2x12
Bench Press (w/ SlingShot): warmups, 220x5, 265x5, 295x7
DB Press: 75x8, 95x8, 100x6
CGBP Floor Press: 135x5, 185x5, 225x5
Straight Bar Pressdown: 2x10
Kroc Rows: 70x20, 85x20
- stretch -
Cardio: 60min of basketball on lunch break at the HQ

scals
04-13-11, 10:32 am
Awesome work with the Slingshot yesterday brother. 295 x7 is sick.

I'm still rolin with The Show 2010. Gotta make the switch to 11.

mritter3
04-13-11, 11:07 am
nice benching aggression....ya scals im rocking 2010 as well...lol

Aggression
04-13-11, 1:19 pm
Awesome work with the Slingshot yesterday brother. 295 x7 is sick.

I'm still rolin with The Show 2010. Gotta make the switch to 11.

nice benching aggression....ya scals im rocking 2010 as well...lol

PS3 or Xbox? I'll whoop dat ass.

an1mal89
04-13-11, 2:02 pm
sick stuff aggression nice vid as well, i believe i live close to you man, good stuff brotha

Aggression
04-13-11, 2:06 pm
sick stuff aggression nice vid as well, i believe i live close to you man, good stuff brotha

niCe. I posted up in your thread. Glad to have ya on here.

Aggression
04-13-11, 2:15 pm
Let's break down what I eat, and when I eat on a daily basis ..

6am
- Wake up, cook eggs, shower up, dress, throw eggs into Tupperware (4 whites, 1 whole egg)
- Make a shake while heading out to work; 1s Atomic 7, 1s GH Stack, mixed up w/ a Kwik Energy

7:45am-8:45am
- arrive at work
- heat eggs for about 30s. top with salt/pepper and eat with 1s Ultra Whey Pro in water
- cook 1/2c oatmeal. add cinnamon
- finish breakfast with 2 tablespoons of natural PB
- Animal Pak

9:00am
- Mix 7oz low-carb Apple Juice with 1s Green Vibrance (potent probiotic/immune support/fibrous supplement)

11:15am
- heat up meal 2: 7oz chicken, 1c quinoa
- finish meal with handful of dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Animal Omega

12:00pm-1:00pm
- I have a nice, solid nap in the car (lunch break)

1:45pm
- 1c Greek Yogurt w/ half CarbRite Bar (just added in this meal)

3:50pm-~4:25pm
- time for another meal: 7oz steak, 1c white rice
- Animal Flex
- Animal Test

5:30pm
- Animal Stak
- preWO drink: Shock Therapy or RAGE

6:00pm
- arrive at gym.
- brief warm up and then we rock

~7:15pm
- finish workout, consume postWO beverage (EAA Nitro, Glutamine) on ride home.
- Creatine Chews are added in if I use Rage preWO

8:30pm
- last whole food meal of the day; 6oz protein, 4oz potato or 1/2c rice w/ green salad (oil/vinegar)

10:00pm
- Animal PM

11:00pm
- 2s protein w/ 1s Glutamine (right now its 1s Specialized for Lean Mass, 1s Double Chocolate Chip
- when done, I crack open eggs for the next morning and put them into a bowl in the fridge.
- add 1/2c oats to tupperware for next morning.

My week's worth of meals are already made up on Sunday for the entire week, so its just breakfast I make daily.

BOOM. Come at me.

I do this Monday-Friday, each day, on time, every time.

smoothballer
04-13-11, 2:34 pm
Seeing some similarities to mine and some stuff I will prolly steal. Good shit Aggs!

Phil800101
04-14-11, 2:19 am
Killer! How are you liking the slingshot?

Diet looks solid.

LayzieBone085
04-14-11, 6:08 am
Damn someone is keeping things in CHECK

Aggression
04-14-11, 8:23 am
Seeing some similarities to mine and some stuff I will prolly steal. Good shit Aggs!

No doubt. You can only steal it if you put it to good use!

Killer! How are you liking the slingshot?

Diet looks solid.

I love the SlingShot. But its bittersweet. Mentally, it feels like I'm cheating, haha. But its been helping me with my raw bench numbers, so that's great. And its fun as hell to use.

Damn someone is keeping things in CHECK

Trying, my friend. Gotta get shred-piece.

Aggression
04-14-11, 8:27 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: ShockTherapy

Abs:
20 Machine Crunches
20 Rope Crunches
25 Knee Ups
20 Decline Weighted Situps (on decline bench, holding barbell overhead)
30 Oblique Twists with Rope (15/side)
20 Machine Crunches
10 Rope Crunches
10 Hanging Leg Raises
20 Machine Crunches
25 Knee Ups
----
200 reps total

Cardio: 20min HIIT

postWO: 1/2s EAA Nitro, Glutamine

Off today
Deadlifts + cardio tomorrow.

scals
04-14-11, 11:31 am
PS3 or Xbox? I'll whoop dat ass.

PS3 baby. Nice ab session yesterday.

Phil800101
04-14-11, 12:39 pm
Nice work! Enjoy the well-earned rest day.

Polk17
04-14-11, 7:14 pm
A, do you change your maxes when you use the slingshot?

Aggression
04-15-11, 8:18 am
PS3 baby. Nice ab session yesterday.

Get that 2011 version so I can house you.

Nice work! Enjoy the well-earned rest day.

A bittersweet day.

A, do you change your maxes when you use the slingshot?

Yes, I do. I have my 5/3/1 excel sheet for the weights. I simply created a second grid for the bench press when using the slingshot. So now the sheet has 2 bench press, 1 squat, 1 dead, 1 MP category.

scals
04-15-11, 8:27 am
Get that 2011 version so I can house you.

Done. I'll pick it up within the week.

Aggression
04-15-11, 1:01 pm
Sometimes, shit comes up and you have to call an audible. Squats were done on Monday. Tuesday, I played ball from 2-3pm, then went and benched at 6pm. Took off Wed (just hit cardio/abs) and /Thurs with the intention on heading home tonight to deadlift and hit cardio.

As I said, sometimes curveballs are thrown at ya. The best you can do is sit back, make the adjustment, and crush it. Another curveball was thrown at me this morning. I have to be somewhere right after work. So that means that working out wasn't going to happen. Fuck.

I'm fortunate enough to work at a place where I am able to workout on my lunch break, if necessary. Let's make it clear ... I'm able to TRAIN at work. I can get a full workout in, just as if I was at my hometown gym. So as I mix up my serving of Animal Rage, I prepare myself to hit up some deadlifts at The U HQ. Today is '5' week, 380lbs for reps. I'm shooting for at LEAST 7, but I want 8.

TEAM BRING IT.

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 1:03 pm
Sometimes, shit comes up and you have to call an audible. Squats were done on Monday. Tuesday, I played ball from 2-3pm, then went and benched at 6pm. Took off Wed (just hit cardio/abs) and /Thurs with the intention on heading home tonight to deadlift and hit cardio.

As I said, sometimes curveballs are thrown at ya. The best you can do is sit back, make the adjustment, and crush it. Another curveball was thrown at me this morning. I have to be somewhere right after work. So that means that working out wasn't going to happen. Fuck.

I'm fortunate enough to work at a place where I am able to workout on my lunch break, if necessary. Let's make it clear ... I'm able to TRAIN at work. I can get a full workout in, just as if I was at my hometown gym. So as I mix up my serving of Animal Rage, I prepare myself to hit up some deadlifts at The U HQ. Today is '5' week, 380lbs for reps. I'm shooting for at LEAST 7, but I want 8.

TEAM BRING IT.

Time to do it...!!! And, do it big...!!!

Phil800101
04-15-11, 1:19 pm
Kill it Aggs!

Aggression
04-15-11, 4:01 pm
Time to do it...!!! And, do it big...!!!

Kill it Aggs!

Work was done. And it was done well.

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 4:05 pm
Work was done. And it was done well.

Just like a steak...???

C.Coronato
04-15-11, 4:05 pm
Yea buddy!

Aggression
04-15-11, 4:08 pm
Just like a steak...???

How dare you suggest a steak to be cooked at anything other than medium-rare.

Yea buddy!

You know it.

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 4:15 pm
How dare you suggest a steak to be cooked at anything other than medium-rare.

You know it.

I prefer mine virtually still mooing... *LOL*

Aggression
04-15-11, 4:49 pm
The U HQ
NB, NJ 08901

preWO: Animal RAGE

5/3/1
Deadlift: warmups, 290x5, 335x5, 380x9 PR
Rack Deads: 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x5, 455x5
- stretch -

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2j7KlbLRWs

C.Coronato
04-15-11, 5:18 pm
Like butta.

Phil800101
04-15-11, 5:34 pm
Awesome shit there bro, congrats on the PR! Sick vid, loved the buildup.

LayzieBone085
04-15-11, 8:16 pm
Fuckin A bro.. now you got me itchin to fire up the camera.

Aggression
04-16-11, 6:08 pm
Like butta.

Always smooth, like Keith Stone.

Awesome shit there bro, congrats on the PR! Sick vid, loved the buildup.

Thanks, P. I figured I'd give you guys something different. I mean .. how many lifting videos can you really watch when they're all the same, haha?

Fuckin A bro.. now you got me itchin to fire up the camera.

Do it up. Post up a vid!

Polk17
04-16-11, 6:15 pm
Nice pullin bro... If you don't mind me askin, what do you do for Universal?

Aggression
04-16-11, 6:16 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Animal Rage

5/3/1
Standing BB Press: warmups, 125x5, 145x5, 165x6
Incline BB Press: 3x8-10 (185)
Seated HS Press (single arm): 2x10
T-Bar Row: 3x10
Face Pulls: 2x10
Straight Bar Tricep Ext: 3x10
Single Arm Rope Ext: 2x10
- stretch -
20min HIIT cardio

*Started up a new accessory routine for the 5/3/1. For months, I followed the 'triumvirate' routine. I opened up the 5/3/1 manual earlier today and reread it. I came across the 4th option for accessory movements; Periodization Bible (by Dave Tate). So for the next few waves, I'll be following this routine. It's almost like a bodybuilders routine, as you're allowed some room for options with the exercises. Its split up into different parts.

For Military Press and Bench Press Days
- Shoulders or Chest accessory: 5x10-20 (db bench, db incline, db military, incline bb press, dips/pushups, etc)
- Lats or Upper Back: 5x10-20 (db rows, bb row, chins, t-bar row, lat pulldown, face pulls, shrugs)
- Triceps: 5x10-20 (pushdowns, ext, etc)

For Deadlift day
- Hamstrings: 5x10-20 (leg curls, glute-ham raise, etc)
- Quads: 5x10-20 (leg press, hack squats, lunges, etc)

For Squat Day
- Low Back: 5x10-20 (reverse hypers, back raise, good mornings, etc)
- Quads: 5x10-20 (leg press, lunges, hack squats)

It allows for a lot of freedom, which is something I cherish. Let's see what happens over the next few months ...

LayzieBone085
04-16-11, 8:11 pm
Massive Growth incoming!

Polk17
04-17-11, 9:03 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

5/3/1
Standing BB Press: warmups, 125x5, 145x5, 165x6
Incline BB Press: 3x8-10 (185)
Seated HS Press (single arm): 2x10
T-Bar Row: 3x10
Face Pulls: 2x10
Straight Bar Tricep Ext: 3x10
Single Arm Rope Ext: 2x10
- stretch -
20min HIIT cardio

*Started up a new accessory routine for the 5/3/1. For months, I followed the 'triumvirate' routine. I opened up the 5/3/1 manual earlier today and reread it. I came across the 4th option for accessory movements; Periodization Bible (by Dave Tate). So for the next few waves, I'll be following this routine. It's almost like a bodybuilders routine, as you're allowed some room for options with the exercises. Its split up into different parts.

For Military Press and Bench Press Days
- Shoulders or Chest accessory: 5x10-20 (db bench, db incline, db military, incline bb press, dips/pushups, etc)
- Lats or Upper Back: 5x10-20 (db rows, bb row, chins, t-bar row, lat pulldown, face pulls, shrugs)
- Triceps: 5x10-20 (pushdowns, ext, etc)

For Deadlift day
- Hamstrings: 5x10-20 (leg curls, glute-ham raise, etc)
- Quads: 5x10-20 (leg press, hack squats, lunges, etc)

For Squat Day
- Low Back: 5x10-20 (reverse hypers, back raise, good mornings, etc)
- Quads: 5x10-20 (leg press, lunges, hack squats)

It allows for a lot of freedom, which is something I cherish. Let's see what happens over the next few months ...

I think that you will like this accessory work A... It is the only way I have done my assistance work since I started the program and I like it... The only real negative is the time during the workout... If you remember we talked about this a while ago... With my conditioning, warm-up and stretching Im usually 1:20 or so... Good luck though bro, Ill be curious to see how you like it...

Aggression
04-18-11, 8:47 am
Massive Growth incoming!

Let's hope so.

I think that you will like this accessory work A... It is the only way I have done my assistance work since I started the program and I like it... The only real negative is the time during the workout... If you remember we talked about this a while ago... With my conditioning, warm-up and stretching Im usually 1:20 or so... Good luck though bro, Ill be curious to see how you like it...

I've only done one workout with it, but I love it. Its always nice to change things up. I was getting a bit bored with the triumvirate. But now I can still jack up my strength while throwing in some bodybuilding movements.

I now understand what you mean about long workouts. I did it with the standing bb press, so that is always the quickest workout. That movement doesn't take that much out of you, nor do you need to take a lot of time between sets. Let's see what happens with the bench press days.

Also, I won't be doing the leg movements on both squat and deadlift days. I'll keep those normal; leg press/hack squats, leg curls on squat days, and then when I hit deadlifts, I'll focus on rack deads, deads with chains, etc., and good mornings. I don't see any real benefit in doing something like a leg press/hack squat twice per week.

Aggression
04-18-11, 8:53 am
Sunday was spent doing the norm; laundry, cooking, prepping the week's meals, etc. I got that shit done early and then helped my pops with some outdoor shit; we cleaned up the backyard and got things ready for the summer. His backyard has a little bar area, outdoor speakers, inground pool, etc, so we spent some time getting it all ready with Jimmy Buffett playing in the background. Afterward, I pulled out the jumprope. Nothing crazy, I just did 800 reps; double leg and single leg combo's. It went something like this ..

- 100 double leg
- 50/50 single leg (50 left, 50 right)
*did circuits of those until I hit 800.

I had my cheat meal last night. It was a good one; 1 sushi roll (monkey roll; shrimp tempura w/ crab stick on top), Stuffed Eggplant Rollets (basically eggplant parm in the shape of manicotti), an order of boneless buffalo wings w/ blue cheese, and finished it off with a homemade ice cream sundae; win

This weekend was also a very solid day for movies. Between taking care of all the usual stuff, I caught the following (all favorites)
- Limitless (saw this Friday night. I wasn't impressed. I was actually bored halfway through)
- JAWS (I can recite the entire script)
- Ace Ventura
- Slammin' Salmon
- SPACE JAM (yeah, that's right, mother fuckers)

And last but not least, I watched this movie TWICE this past weekend, and it brought about an old infatuation that has become a current infatuation all over again. I don't care about anything. If this women was 'real', I'd quit life to marry her; Elisha Cuthbert in 'The Girl Next Door'. I watched this movie TWICE and DVR'd it the second time. I'll watch it again tonight; win

Overall, this weekend was a win.

Big D
04-18-11, 9:25 am
all pretty solid.
still waiting for you to get to hoboken.

that is all.

Phil800101
04-18-11, 12:01 pm
Solid work there! Sounds like a plan.

FitPrincess122
04-18-11, 1:20 pm
Sunday was spent doing the norm; laundry, cooking, prepping the week's meals, etc. I got that shit done early and then helped my pops with some outdoor shit; we cleaned up the backyard and got things ready for the summer. His backyard has a little bar area, outdoor speakers, inground pool, etc, so we spent some time getting it all ready with Jimmy Buffett playing in the background. Afterward, I pulled out the jumprope. Nothing crazy, I just did 800 reps; double leg and single leg combo's. It went something like this ..

- 100 double leg
- 50/50 single leg (50 left, 50 right)
*did circuits of those until I hit 800.

I had my cheat meal last night. It was a good one; 1 sushi roll (monkey roll; shrimp tempura w/ crab stick on top), Stuffed Eggplant Rollets (basically eggplant parm in the shape of manicotti), an order of boneless buffalo wings w/ blue cheese, and finished it off with a homemade ice cream sundae; win

This weekend was also a very solid day for movies. Between taking care of all the usual stuff, I caught the following (all favorites)
- Limitless (saw this Friday night. I wasn't impressed. I was actually bored halfway through)
- JAWS (I can recite the entire script)
- Ace Ventura
- Slammin' Salmon
- SPACE JAM (yeah, that's right, mother fuckers)

And last but not least, I watched this movie TWICE this past weekend, and it brought about an old infatuation that has become a current infatuation all over again. I don't care about anything. If this women was 'real', I'd quit life to marry her; Elisha Cuthbert in 'The Girl Next Door'. I watched this movie TWICE and DVR'd it the second time. I'll watch it again tonight; win

Overall, this weekend was a win.

Looks like a great weekend. How long did it ur jumping take? I like incorporate a lil jump rope myself and was just curious about time... thanks!

Aggression
04-18-11, 1:33 pm
all pretty solid.
still waiting for you to get to hoboken.

that is all.

Truth. I need to get up there.

Looks like a great weekend. How long did it ur jumping take? I like incorporate a lil jump rope myself and was just curious about time... thanks!

It took about 20min. I'm not good at it yet, so I fuck up a lot. And I gave myself a 30s or so break here and there.

Aggression
04-19-11, 8:51 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

5/3/1
Bike: 5min
BB Squats: warmups, 245x3, 280x3, 315x5
Box Squats: 3x5 (275x5 PR)
Leg Press: 4ppsx10, 7ppsx10, 9ppsx6
Rope Pull-Throughs: 2x12

Calves
Standing Calf Raise/Incline Calf Press/Seated Calf Raise Tri-set: 2 sets
- stretch -
Bike: 5min

postWO: EAA Nitro

mritter3
04-19-11, 10:53 am
nice squatting aggression...i like the new accessory movements.

Aggression
04-19-11, 1:26 pm
nice squatting aggression...i like the new accessory movements.

Thanks man. It should be fun to incorporate something different, something more bodybuilder-esque.

Aggression
04-19-11, 1:35 pm
60min basketball today
Bench Press w/ SlingShot tomorrow
Deadlifts Thursday
Friday night ... Atlantic City for the night .. c'mon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gujB7A5ycew

FitPrincess122
04-19-11, 2:22 pm
60min basketball today
Bench Press w/ SlingShot tomorrow
Deadlifts Thursday
Friday night ... Atlantic City for the night .. c'mon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gujB7A5ycew

Fantastic week ahead! Where do u hoop at?

LayzieBone085
04-19-11, 4:12 pm
Baller you say? Animal's can play basketball? but thats CARDIO!

Aggression
04-19-11, 4:16 pm
Fantastic week ahead! Where do u hoop at?

Just around the corner from the office.

Baller you say? Animal's can play basketball? but thats CARDIO!

A true Animal is an all-around bad ass mother fucker, LB. And for me, cardio is necessary. I'm on a path; big, strong, lean, ripped, an athletic as fuck. Win.

scals
04-19-11, 9:15 pm
Solid workouts, solid plan, and solid weekend. Looking good brother. Anticipating big things with this program!

Phil800101
04-20-11, 1:05 am
Nice squatting bro, congrats on the PR! Sounds like a solid week/weekend. Love me some gambling, what's your game(s) of choice?

Aggression
04-20-11, 8:19 am
Solid workouts, solid plan, and solid weekend. Looking good brother. Anticipating big things with this program!

Big things will undoubtedly prevail.

Nice squatting bro, congrats on the PR! Sounds like a solid week/weekend. Love me some gambling, what's your game(s) of choice?

I don't gamble much. When I do, I like roulette. However, I'll be going down to AC Friday night for 'other' risks and rewards, haha!

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 9:47 am
Just around the corner from the office.

A true Animal is an all-around bad ass mother fucker, LB. And for me, cardio is necessary. I'm on a path; big, strong, lean, ripped, an athletic as fuck. Win.

'Big, strong, lean, ripped, an athletic as fuck" Love it. Do y'all let girls hoop with ya?

Phil800101
04-20-11, 1:46 pm
Big things will undoubtedly prevail.

I don't gamble much. When I do, I like roulette. However, I'll be going down to AC Friday night for 'other' risks and rewards, haha!

Ah, nice!

Aggression
04-20-11, 1:47 pm
'Big, strong, lean, ripped, an athletic as fuck" Love it. Do y'all let girls hoop with ya?

No doubt. We have a ballin' female yesterday.

Aggression
04-20-11, 1:48 pm
Grow a pair: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?29931-I-m-a-Freebird-at-Heart/page19

FitPrincess122
04-20-11, 1:54 pm
No doubt. We have a ballin' female yesterday.

That's awesome!

Aggression
04-21-11, 8:04 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage, Creatine Chews

5/3/1
Bench Press w/ SlingShot: warmups, 240x3, 275x3, 310x6
Incline DB Press: 75x8, 95x8, 100x6
Incline HS Press: 225x8, 275x8
Machine Row: 3x10 (stack)
Close Grip Pulldown: 2x12
Rope Pressdown: 3x10
Lying DB Ext: 2x10
- stretch -

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 8:09 am
Hey, never really chatted with you much but follow your posts a lot. You training for anything in particular these days, or just trying to keep adding strength and size?

Funky
04-21-11, 8:15 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

5/3/1
- stretch -

Nice change up I am seeing here!

mritter3
04-21-11, 8:22 am
strong bench day aggression...i see your getting good use out of the slingshot

freighttraindane
04-21-11, 8:36 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

5/3/1
- stretch -

Nice work with the slingshot

D-NUTZ
04-21-11, 8:53 am
That is some wicked strong presses Aggs.

Nix0r
04-21-11, 9:32 am
That's some strooooooong shit.

Aggression
04-21-11, 9:54 am
Hey, never really chatted with you much but follow your posts a lot. You training for anything in particular these days, or just trying to keep adding strength and size?

Well let's see. I've done a bodybuilding show. I've done a powerlifting show. At this time, I have no immediate plans to actually compete again. Rather, I'm just trying to get 'fit'. Yes .. fit. I will continue to gain strength and size via the 5/3/1 program. At the same time, I am trying to dispose of the little 'gut' I have by doing HIIT, jumprope, basketball games, etc. I yearn to be that all-around badass motherfucker. I want to be able to pull 500 off the floor, squat twice my bodyweight (405), box jump ridiculous heights, have a sick crossover, a defined core, and the endurance to run a few miles without dying. BAMF (bad ass mother fucker)

Nice change up I am seeing here!

Yeah, I felt great last night. This new accessory routine is fuckin' great. Power movements first, bodybuilding mentality second. Win-win.

strong bench day aggression...i see your getting good use out of the slingshot

I love the SlingShot. Last night was the best bench form/SlingShot day I've ever had. My form felt great and I set a PR with the SlingShot with 310x6, doubling the required reps for the week.. Couldn't have asked for a better session.

FitPrincess122
04-21-11, 10:03 am
"BAMF". i like where ur heads at.

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 10:41 am
"BAMF". i like where ur heads at.

nothin like a lil dane cook!

MRmichael.hooker
04-21-11, 10:46 am
Well let's see. I've done a bodybuilding show. I've done a powerlifting show. At this time, I have no immediate plans to actually compete again. Rather, I'm just trying to get 'fit'. Yes .. fit. I will continue to gain strength and size via the 5/3/1 program. At the same time, I am trying to dispose of the little 'gut' I have by doing HIIT, jumprope, basketball games, etc. I yearn to be that all-around badass motherfucker. I want to be able to pull 500 off the floor, squat twice my bodyweight (405), box jump ridiculous heights, have a sick crossover, a defined core, and the endurance to run a few miles without dying. BAMF (bad ass mother fucker)

Gotcha. Ya I had seen you did a bb show before. I think your goal is about one of the best actually. Ranks up there as cool as prowrestlers journey to me. Not looking to step on stage right now or jump in a meet, you just wanna be a baaad man. Pretty sweet, keep it up man

Phil800101
04-21-11, 11:55 am
Strong pressing there bro!

I hear ya on those goals bro, shooting for something similar as well. I'm working towards powerlifting competitively, but I also want to be able to run several miles without collapsing.

Big D
04-21-11, 12:40 pm
Strong pressing there bro!

I hear ya on those goals bro, shooting for something similar as well. I'm working towards powerlifting competitively, but I also want to be able to run several miles without collapsing.

lets limit all running to about a 5k... i always wanted to do one just to say i did... and its really only like 3 miles right?? all meatheads should beable to do thtat..

Aggression
04-21-11, 12:52 pm
Gotcha. Ya I had seen you did a bb show before. I think your goal is about one of the best actually. Ranks up there as cool as prowrestlers journey to me. Not looking to step on stage right now or jump in a meet, you just wanna be a baaad man. Pretty sweet, keep it up man

I've gone 'all in' with all my sports so far. When bodybuilding, I bulked straight up from 182 to 235lbs with some definite fat. I was heavy, out of shape, and out of breathe. I cut down to 182 on stage. I hung around 200 for a while and then jolted up to 215 when I get into the midset of 'eat huge, get huge, lift huge'. It was fun, but I wasn't 'fit' again. I was fatter, out of breathe, and couldn't do anything that required endurance. I cut down to 198 for my powerlifting show and have had a slow rise back to 210lbs. I have a little bit of fat that I want to get rid of.

At this point, I'm done worrying about the weight on the scale. If I'm 225lbs or 195lbs, I just want to be lean, with a tight core, and endurance. Let's see what happens. I've been dieting down for about 2.5 weeks and I've seen legit results already. I plan on another 6-8 weeks.

lets limit all running to about a 5k... i always wanted to do one just to say i did... and its really only like 3 miles right?? all meatheads should beable to do thtat..

3 miles? I can handle that ...

scals
04-21-11, 1:09 pm
310 for 6 is sick brother. Gettin real strong!

Phil800101
04-21-11, 2:12 pm

Agreed. Yeah, when I said several I meant 2-3. Right now my goal is to do 2 miles in 15, and ultimately 3 in 20. I want to do a 5k at some point myself for the same reason, ha.

3 miles? I can handle that ...

Yeah, not too out of reach at all.

Aggression
04-21-11, 3:24 pm
Agreed. Yeah, when I said several I meant 2-3. Right now my goal is to do 2 miles in 15, and ultimately 3 in 20. I want to do a 5k at some point myself for the same reason, ha.

My best was 1.5miles in 11:23. And that was after a few weeks worth of training. I've done 2miles in about 16-18min. Fuck running though. I hate it.

Phil800101
04-21-11, 3:36 pm
My best was 1.5miles in 11:23. And that was after a few weeks worth of training. I've done 2miles in about 16-18min. Fuck running though. I hate it.

Same here, but I gotta do it if I ever hope to be a cop.

LayzieBone085
04-21-11, 4:44 pm
Damn.. solid running in here bro. Odd to say that in a Universal journal :)

MRmichael.hooker
04-22-11, 7:19 am
Hey bro if you ever need any running help let me know. Before I got into bodybuilding, i was a long distance & cross country runner, also marathon trainer.

mritter3
04-22-11, 8:03 am
Hey bro if you ever need any running help let me know. Before I got into bodybuilding, i was a long distance & cross country runner, also marathon trainer.

haha...me too hooker, graduated High school a solid 119lbs....but i was quick though...lol

Aggression
04-22-11, 8:05 am
Damn.. solid running in here bro. Odd to say that in a Universal journal :)

To me, being an ANIMAL is not just about being big as fuck and lifting a crap-ton of weight. Its about being a pure fuckin' beast in whatever you try to do. As for me, I'm trying to be a pure fuckin' beast in EVERYTHING I do.

Thanks, brother. To me, there are two kinds of people; 1) those who are naturally made to run and 2) those who aren't. I seem to be the latter. No matter how much I do it, no matter how consistently I run, I'm just NOT a runner. But that's what makes me strive to be better. My body is not a runner's body, but I'll do my best to get it as close as I can that body in terms of body makeup. When I run, my ankles hurt, my shins splint up, and I gas out early (the latter is due to the extra muscle that I'm not willing to get rid of). I've had that problem all my life, even when I was 150lbs. I just suck it up and press on.

Aggression
04-22-11, 8:27 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Animal Rage, Creatine Chews

5/3/1
Dead-Stop Sumo Deadlifts: warmups, 400x5
Conventional Deadlifts w/ chains: 3x5 (end set: 275+chains [maybe like 50lbs?])
Good Mornings: 2x10
Preacher Bench Single Arm DB Curl: 3x8-10
BB Curl: 2x10
DB Hammer Curl: 1x8
- stretch -
Cardio: 45min basketball mid-day and then 15min HIIT postWO

207.0lbs this morning; 1.4lb drop from last week; winning

Atlantic City tonight: no weight training, but that doesn't mean there won't be any workouts ......

Bruiser
04-22-11, 8:41 am
Looking strong bro. Congrats on dropping that 1.4 lbs. Every bit counts!! BTW, I love to see other guys using glutamine (especially PWO). I talk and talk but a lot of guys don't buy into the benefits of glutamine. I've seen some sick gains since adding it. If I only had money to buy glutamine or creatine... I'd buy the glutamine.

D-NUTZ
04-22-11, 8:44 am
Solid deads bro and congrats on the weight loss.

Aggression
04-22-11, 10:41 am
Looking strong bro. Congrats on dropping that 1.4 lbs. Every bit counts!! BTW, I love to see other guys using glutamine (especially PWO). I talk and talk but a lot of guys don't buy into the benefits of glutamine. I've seen some sick gains since adding it. If I only had money to buy glutamine or creatine... I'd buy the glutamine.

Glutamine is a supplement that I've consistently used for years. It may be my most consistently taken supplement. Always had great results. I take straight Glutamine twice per day; once in the postWO shake and another in my pre-bed shake. Also, Atomic 7 contains Glutamine, with which I have 2 servings per day.

Solid deads bro and congrats on the weight loss.

Finally budged the scale after it relayed 290.4lbs for two straight weeks.

Phil800101
04-22-11, 12:18 pm
Killer session Aggs! Enjoy AC.

Sprint
04-22-11, 5:20 pm
To me, being an ANIMAL is not just about being big as fuck and lifting a crap-ton of weight. Its about being a pure fuckin' beast in whatever you try to do. As for me, I'm trying to be a pure fuckin' beast in EVERYTHING I do.

Thanks, brother. To me, there are two kinds of people; 1) those who are naturally made to run and 2) those who aren't. I seem to be the latter. No matter how much I do it, no matter how consistently I run, I'm just NOT a runner. But that's what makes me strive to be better. My body is not a runner's body, but I'll do my best to get it as close as I can that body in terms of body makeup. When I run, my ankles hurt, my shins splint up, and I gas out early (the latter is due to the extra muscle that I'm not willing to get rid of). I've had that problem all my life, even when I was 150lbs. I just suck it up and press on.

Short distance bros, short distance. If you're still running after half a minute, you need to stop, walk back from where you just came from, & repeat.

its Lbc
04-23-11, 11:39 am
Short distance bros, short distance. If you're still running after half a minute, you need to stop, walk back from where you just came from, & repeat.

Thats an awesome way to look at it. run as far as you can and repeat until you can keep going farther and farther. i am a runner but i never looked at it that way.

Sprint
04-23-11, 6:16 pm
Thats an awesome way to look at it. run as far as you can and repeat until you can keep going farther and farther. i am a runner but i never looked at it that way.

That's the sprinter in me lol. As I've said to the long distance guys at my club a few times, I don't do long distance cos the further you run, the further you are away from your stuff.

its Lbc
04-24-11, 12:09 am
That's the sprinter in me lol. As I've said to the long distance guys at my club a few times, I don't do long distance cos the further you run, the further you are away from your stuff.

the thing is. i grew up a distance runner. my whole family was X country runners. started out a mile and a half. great. you ran a mile in a half in 9.5mins. to me that was fan fuccin tastic. now you do that. to your peers its like....wow you couldnt do better? you couldnt do 9 flat.? well fucc you im a weight lifter.....or a bodybuilder....it doesnt fuccin matter....frown upon me for all you want....I am me....i look the way i do because I BUILT ME!. Its Lbc

Aggression
04-24-11, 10:40 am
Killer session Aggs! Enjoy AC.

Thanks, P. AC was eventful, to say the least.

Great perspective, brother. Thanks.

Aggression
04-24-11, 10:44 am
Toms River Fitness
Toms River, NJ 08753

5/3/1
Standing BB Press: warmups, 135x3, 155x3, 175x3
HS Shoulder Press: 3x6-10
Seated Neutral Grip DB Press: 2x8
Neutral Grip Pulldown: 3x8-10
Seated Row w/ Rope: 2x10
Standing Over DB Ext: 2x10
Seated DB Ext: 2x10
Cardio: 25min

- was extremely hungover all day. went to the gym to 'man up' and attack. By mid-workout, I wanted to puke after every set, but I pushed on. Though it was one of the hardest/toughest workouts to get through, it was also one of the most satisfying. I swear I was sweating booze too. Got it in.

'bout to do some jumproping for about 15-20min and then relax with the family.

Squats -1- week at The U HQ tomorrow, 335lbsx1+

Happy Easter.

LayzieBone085
04-24-11, 4:13 pm
You sweating out that booze brah? :)

Sprint
04-24-11, 8:13 pm
the thing is. i grew up a distance runner. my whole family was X country runners. started out a mile and a half. great. you ran a mile in a half in 9.5mins. to me that was fan fuccin tastic. now you do that. to your peers its like....wow you couldnt do better? you couldnt do 9 flat.? well fucc you im a weight lifter.....or a bodybuilder....it doesnt fuccin matter....frown upon me for all you want....I am me....i look the way i do because I BUILT ME!. Its Lbc

Always tough juggling 2 sports. Tough enough juggling sprinting with bodybuilding, & they go hand in hand to an extent. Bodybuilding & distance running...I tip my hat to you.

Thanks, P. AC was eventful, to say the least.

Great perspective, brother. Thanks.

Sprinting's an awesome fat burner, & promotes hypertrophy to boot. Win win. With the interval style training that goes with sprinting, you'll find an increase in cardio fitness as well. Which would be win win win.

MRmichael.hooker
04-25-11, 5:24 am

Ya I feel ya bro. When I first got in the Army in 07', I was running my 2mile in mids 12's. Now, 85lbs heavier from my xcountry body weight, i'm running high 14's, and its like a sin or something because im not still running those 12s. Blows, but like you said, I am me

mritter3
04-25-11, 8:07 am
Ya I feel ya bro. When I first got in the Army in 07', I was running my 2mile in mids 12's. Now, 85lbs heavier from my xcountry body weight, i'm running high 14's, and its like a sin or something because im not still running those 12s. Blows, but like you said, I am me

its crazy hooker, but i feel ya on that man...i used to be mid 16's for x country in HS...id be lucky to break 20 right now...im stronger than ever but slower as well..

MRmichael.hooker
04-25-11, 8:12 am
its crazy hooker, but i feel ya on that man...i used to be mid 16's for x country in HS...id be lucky to break 20 right now...im stronger than ever but slower as well..

ha yup. I ran 800m in highschool, and use to do respectable (between 2.10-2.17) but now, i'd be lucky to break 3:30. But, im over 100lbs heavier since highschool, lol. I do miss being able to fly, but i love the extra 100lbs lol. So i'll take the weight

mritter3
04-25-11, 8:13 am
ha yup. I ran 800m in highschool, and use to do respectable (between 2.10-2.17) but now, i'd be lucky to break 3:30. But, im over 100lbs heavier since highschool, lol. I do miss being able to fly, but i love the extra 100lbs lol. So i'll take the weight

Ill take the weight any day as well.

Aggression
04-25-11, 10:40 am
You sweating out that booze brah? :)

Hell yeah I was. That whole workout sucked asshole. But when I was done, I felt great.

Sprinting's an awesome fat burner, & promotes hypertrophy to boot. Win win. With the interval style training that goes with sprinting, you'll find an increase in cardio fitness as well. Which would be win win win.

That's what I call a 'trifecta win'.

Phil800101
04-25-11, 11:48 am
Nice work my man! Sounds like an awesome hangover cure.

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 3:28 pm
Hell yeah I was. That whole workout sucked asshole. But when I was done, I felt great.

That's what I call a 'trifecta win'.

Nice work even with the alcohol sweats! "sucked asshole"- hey i say that too! lol

Aggression
04-25-11, 3:44 pm
Nice work my man! Sounds like an awesome hangover cure.

It definitely didn't cure it until the end, haha. Only when I was on the treadmill did I finally feel a bit better. I was sweating tits though, for sure.

Nice work even with the alcohol sweats! "sucked asshole"- hey i say that too! lol

That doesn't even begin to define how it went, but it'll do. Sometimes you have to challenge yourself and push through barriers. In the end, you'll stand tall.

FitPrincess122
04-25-11, 3:51 pm
It definitely didn't cure it until the end, haha. Only when I was on the treadmill did I finally feel a bit better. I was sweating tits though, for sure.

That doesn't even begin to define how it went, but it'll do. Sometimes you have to challenge yourself and push through barriers. In the end, you'll stand tall.

thats pretty much the motto for life.... "challenge yourself and push through barriers. In the end, you'll stand tall." right?

Aggression
04-26-11, 8:12 am
thats pretty much the motto for life.... "challenge yourself and push through barriers. In the end, you'll stand tall." right?

Yup. I like your style.

Aggression
04-26-11, 8:57 am
The U HQ
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

preWO: Rage+Pump

5/3/1
BB Squat: warmups, 265x5, 300x3, 335x3 PR
Single Leg Stiff Leg DB Ext: 3x10
- stretch -

Video: http://youtu.be/HItqno0fY0Q

mritter3
04-26-11, 10:19 am
squats looked great man..nice vid.

Polk17
04-26-11, 10:45 am
A, you see a difference in how your body feels & your recovery with the added volume of the periodization bible?

Aggression
04-26-11, 12:03 pm
squats looked great man..nice vid.

Thanks, bro. Felt pretty good in there.

A, you see a difference in how your body feels & your recovery with the added volume of the periodization bible?

Too early to tell. I've only done it for a single week. I'll have a better idea after I've done it for ~4-6 weeks.

Phil800101
04-26-11, 1:36 pm
Strong! Congrats on the PR. Sick vid.

scals
04-26-11, 2:35 pm
Solid work on the squats brother. Progress has been great!

LayzieBone085
04-26-11, 3:47 pm
335 damn son!

Aggression
04-26-11, 3:49 pm
Strong! Congrats on the PR. Sick vid.

I am a PR machine.

Solid work on the squats brother. Progress has been great!

Been steadily increasing the weights. Reps aren't real high, but that's cool. The accessory work gets higher reps. Best of both worlds.

335 damn son!

Felt heavy as fuck. But you have to push yourself to break down dem barriers.

unclejason
04-26-11, 3:54 pm
The U HQ
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

5/3/1
- stretch -

Good depth on the squats man! I see a lot of people pile on plates and go down a few inches but you went really deep man.

Polk17
04-26-11, 9:56 pm
The U HQ
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

5/3/1
- stretch -

You should find a bigger spotter man... Don't know how much help he would be... Haha... Good shit man... Keep it up...

MRmichael.hooker
04-27-11, 5:12 am
Good job on the new pr man!

Aggression
04-27-11, 12:32 pm
Good depth on the squats man! I see a lot of people pile on plates and go down a few inches but you went really deep man.

I definitely appreciate this comment. If there's one critique I take over ALL others, its that I'm going deep enough on squats. Thanks.

You should find a bigger spotter man... Don't know how much help he would be... Haha... Good shit man... Keep it up...

Ha, if there was one person I'd trust to stand behind me when going for a squat PR, its the mighty G-Diesel.

Good job on the new pr man!

Thanks, brah. Another rep PR in the books. But there's always room for more!

FitPrincess122
04-27-11, 12:45 pm
I am a PR machine.

Been steadily increasing the weights. Reps aren't real high, but that's cool. The accessory work gets higher reps. Best of both worlds.

Felt heavy as fuck. But you have to push yourself to break down dem barriers.

Hell yea... nice work Agg. !

prowrestler
04-27-11, 3:36 pm
lookin big in the squat vid
nice pr, work on pushing the knees out. 1 of the best tips ive read was 'arch the lower back, spread the knees and drop, perfect squat every time"

your quads are probably still dominating the hams, that could be the reason for the "twitch" effect.

Aggression
04-27-11, 4:00 pm
Hell yea... nice work Agg. !

Thanks! Keepin' truckin'.

lookin big in the squat vid
nice pr, work on pushing the knees out. 1 of the best tips ive read was 'arch the lower back, spread the knees and drop, perfect squat every time"

your quads are probably still dominating the hams, that could be the reason for the "twitch" effect.

Bro that's the one thing I wasn't pleased about; that little twitch coming out of the hole. I'll definitely be giving that a shot next time. Props.

Polk17
04-27-11, 6:18 pm
Ha, if there was one person I'd trust to stand behind me when going for a squat PR, its the mighty G Diesel.

No doubt... Keep it up man, many more PRs to be had...

Aggression
04-28-11, 9:19 am
No doubt... Keep it up man, many more PRs to be had...

100% truth.

Hit up chest 5/3/1 last night. Rocked 330lb with the SlingShot. I'll be posting up the video later today ..

Aggression
04-28-11, 1:33 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Animal Rage, Creatine Chews

5/3/1
Bench Press: warmups, 265x5, 295x3, 330x2
Incline Smith Machine Press: 3x6-10 (2pps)
Decline BB Press: 3x8-10 (225)
DB Row: 3x8-10 (120s)
Nautilus Pullover: 2x10
Straight Bar Pushdown: 3x10
Overhead Rope Ext: 2x10
- stretch -
Bike: 15min HIIT

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxjYosu8Svw

Phil800101
04-28-11, 1:41 pm
Killer! Nice work. Great vid as always...did you fully shave your head, or is that lighting?

Aggression
04-28-11, 3:28 pm
Killer! Nice work. Great vid as always...did you fully shave your head, or is that lighting?

Thanks, P.

Nope. Not fully shaved ... yet. I haven't taken that step, haha. Although it wouldn't be much different. In that video, I had shaved my head earlier that morning, so it was a fresh dome. Its a '0000' blade, lol. I don't think they made anything shorter unless its a straight blade.

One day I'll take the leap ...

Carrnage
04-28-11, 3:48 pm
Dam lookin solid in here A!

Phil800101
04-28-11, 4:00 pm
Thanks, P.

Nope. Not fully shaved ... yet. I haven't taken that step, haha. Although it wouldn't be much different. In that video, I had shaved my head earlier that morning, so it was a fresh dome. Its a '0000' blade, lol. I don't think they made anything shorter unless its a straight blade.

One day I'll take the leap ...

Do it!

Lol, yeah, it looks just about there. When you do take the plunge, avoid the Headblade hype...works ok on the top of the head, but getting the sides and back is a bitch with that thing.

Aggression
04-28-11, 4:09 pm
Do it!

Lol, yeah, it looks just about there. When you do take the plunge, avoid the Headblade hype...works ok on the top of the head, but getting the sides and back is a bitch with that thing.

When I finally make that plunge, I was just going to go with a straight bic blade or w/e.

prowrestler
04-28-11, 4:34 pm
nice vid, good pressin in the sling shot

Phil800101
04-28-11, 10:26 pm
When I finally make that plunge, I was just going to go with a straight bic blade or w/e.

That's the way to do it. I just use a disposable Shick with three blades, I found the multiple blades cut better with less irritation to the dome.

unclejason
04-29-11, 7:17 am
I've been shaving my head daily for about 15 years now. I used to use Mach 3 but then went to Gillette's Fusion 5 blade. Those things are really expensive but they last a long time and work well (I've never cut myself or has razor burn from them). I recently switched to Schick Hydro 5 blade razors...same affect but a lot cheaper.

Aggression
04-29-11, 8:12 am
nice vid, good pressin in the sling shot

Thanks, P. I have yet to perfect the form with the slingshot, but its getting there. One rep is OK, but when I'm hitting ~3+, I fall out of the groove here and there. In time ...

That's the way to do it. I just use a disposable Shick with three blades, I found the multiple blades cut better with less irritation to the dome.

I've been shaving my head daily for about 15 years now. I used to use Mach 3 but then went to Gillette's Fusion 5 blade. Those things are really expensive but they last a long time and work well (I've never cut myself or has razor burn from them). I recently switched to Schick Hydro 5 blade razors...same affect but a lot cheaper.

Notes have been taken ..

scals
04-29-11, 9:36 am
Doing big things on the bench bro. Nice work.

Question. Sometimes I see you do one exercise after the main movement, but there was a lot of work done after the bench. Any reason?

Bruiser
04-29-11, 9:39 am
Okay... I'll say it. Try disposable bic lady razors. I've actually had better luck shaving my head with those than any expensive razor on the market. Just simple two blade disposable. I'm going to go hide from embarassment now...

Aggression
04-29-11, 10:05 am
Question. Sometimes I see you do one exercise after the main movement, but there was a lot of work done after the bench. Any reason?

For the past few months, I was doing accessory work geared towards improving my main lift; close grip bp, bench w/ chains after the actual bench press movement. I decided to switch it up and try out a different accessory routine for the 5/3/1 called the Periodization Bible. Its basically splits up the accessory work into parts ..

Accessory work for Chest/Shoulders
5 sets of 10-20 reps for chest/shoulder (db presses [incline, flat, shoulder], machine presses, dips, etc)
5 sets of 10-20 reps for upper back (pulldowns, t-bar rows, BOR rows, DB Rows)
5 sets of 10-20 reps for triceps (extensions, pushdowns, etc)

Accessory work for Back/Legs
5 sets of 10-20 reps (good mornings, leg press, hack squat)
5 sets of 10-20 reps (lying leg curls, leg curls, etc)
5 sets of 10-20 reps (ab work)

This is my 2nd week of it right now. I'm not too fond of hitting all that accessory stuff 2x per week. So I'll be dropping this particular routine. I'll be combining a little flavor from both routines I've done

Next post will display my future plan of action.

Aggression
04-29-11, 10:14 am
Squat Days
*5 sets of 5-10 reps of leg work (leg press, hack squat, front squat, box squat, power squat, etc)
*2 sets of 10-12 reps for hamstrings (anything goes)
*5 sets of 5-12 reps for calves (standing calf raise/seated calf raise mass program)

Bench Press Days
*3-5 sets 3-6 reps of accessory pressing (chains, dumbbell, close grip bp, etc)
*3-5 sets of 10-15 reps of a 'pump movement' (dips, flyes, pushups, machine presses)
*2 sets of 8-12 reps of a tricep movement (skulls, pushdowns, machines, etc)

Deadlift Days
*5 sets of 3-10 reps of accessory deads (chains, racks, db row, bor, etc)
*3 sets of 10 reps of lower back work (back extension, rev. hyper, good morning)

Military Press Day
*4-5 sets of Dips/Chins (w/ added weight if necessary)
*5 sets of biceps
*12 sets of abdominals

Phil800101
04-29-11, 1:17 pm
Looks like a solid plan.

Aggression
05-02-11, 10:07 am
Friday, 4/29
- off from the gym
- went to a lakewood blueclaw's game (single-a ballclub, phillies affiliate)

Saturday, 4/30
- hit the gym around 3.
- was suppose to do 425x1+, but said fuck it and went for a PR
- boom, headshot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvHzkhK-AY

Sunday, 5/1
- went to LA Fitness with my brother b/c my gym closes at 6 and I was busy buying $2,500.00 worth of bedroom furniture earlier in the day. fuck
- Had the final workout for -1- week; Standing BB Press, 185x1+
- Yanked up 3 full reps. Tried a 4th, nope. Happy with it.
- Banged out 12 sets for abs.
- 30min on the bike for cardio while watching 'Trailer Park Boys' on Netflix. Highly recommended.
- had my cheat meal; Boneless buffalo wings, Bacon Cheeseburger w/ fries and a Corona (applebee's 2 for $20 appetizer/dinner deals; win)

Off today, maybe off tomorrow and then a regular bodybuilding split for a week, then back to 5/3/1.

Funky
05-02-11, 10:11 am
Friday, 4/29
- off from the gym

Saturday, 4/30
- hit the gym around 3.

Sunday, 5/1
- went to LA Fitness with my brother b/c my gym closes at 6 and I was busy buying $2,500.00 worth of bedroom furniture earlier in the day. fuck
- Banged out 12 reps for abs.
- 30min on the bike for cardio while watching 'Trailer Park Boys' on Netflix. Highly recommended.
- had my cheat meal; Boneless buffalo wings, Bacon Cheeseburger w/ fries and a Corona (applebee's 2 for $20 appetizer/dinner deals; win)

Off today, maybe off tomorrow and then a regular bodybuilding split for a week, then back to 5/3/1.

Busy life and still always getting it done! Good job A!

FitPrincess122
05-02-11, 10:29 am
Nice work over the weekend... gotta love droppin 2.5k on new furniture!

Loomis
05-02-11, 10:32 am
loving netflix when I do my cardio... right now its robin hood:men in tights.

mritter3
05-02-11, 10:51 am
workouts look solid aggression....12 reps on abs must have been tough...lol im assuming u meant sets.

its Lbc
05-02-11, 10:56 am
Friday, 4/29
- off from the gym

Saturday, 4/30
- hit the gym around 3.

Sunday, 5/1
- Banged out 12 reps for abs.

Applebees 2 for 20! love it! always upgrade the 9oz steak....and get 2 sides of mashed potatoes! ahha go HARD!

smoothballer
05-02-11, 10:58 am
Congrats on the Aggs! When you're in the zone it is hard to not go for a 1 rep PR. Gotta take advantage of those days.

Phil800101
05-02-11, 11:32 am
Solid weekend my man, congrats on the PR! Nice vid.

C.Coronato
05-02-11, 12:42 pm
Solid weekend homie. Doing work, enjoy your BB split lol.

LayzieBone085
05-02-11, 1:10 pm
That is a cheat meal 2 for 20 for yourself oh yeah! Epic weekend.

Aggression
05-02-11, 2:23 pm
Busy life and still always getting it done! Good job A!

Gotta take care of the important shit and then crush the weights.

Nice work over the weekend... gotta love droppin 2.5k on new furniture!

The setup is sick, so I'm pumped, despite the drain on paper, haha.

loving netflix when I do my cardio... right now its robin hood:men in tights.

Yeah its great. I tend to watch 1-2 episodes of a show and my session is over before I know it.

workouts look solid aggression....12 reps on abs must have been tough...lol im assuming u meant sets.

Nope, just 12 reps. Shit was hard as hell, haha.

This is what I did ..

Hanging Knee Raise: 3x15
Rope Crunch: 3x15
Knee Raise: 3x15
Hip Thrusts: 3x10

Applebees 2 for 20! love it! always upgrade the 9oz steak....and get 2 sides of mashed potatoes! ahha go HARD!

niCe. I wanted a good burger and I was happy with the selection. AppleBee's got sum good burgers.

Congrats on the Aggs! When you're in the zone it is hard to not go for a 1 rep PR. Gotta take advantage of those days.

Yeah that's exactly what happened. I went in there and just felt a PR coming, so I attacked.

Solid weekend homie. Doing work, enjoy your BB split lol.

Yes yes. I love this deload week. niCe and easy. Get a nice pump and head home.

That is a cheat meal 2 for 20 for yourself oh yeah! Epic weekend.

Woah Woah, I didn't get 2 meals. I went with my girl, so we split an appetizer and each had an entree. I can't be eating that much in one sitting! I used to do that. I would go in there during their half-price apps and get quesadillas and mozz sticks, but that was a LONG time ago.

smoothballer
05-02-11, 3:04 pm
BTW you see Fast Five yet?

I am planning on catching it tomorrow when the theater discounts their normal Please-Rape-Me Prices.

prowrestler
05-02-11, 3:31 pm
awesome deadlift pr man

Polk17
05-02-11, 5:00 pm
Nice PR my man... I think I am going to take a page out of your book, and in 3 weeks instead of my 1, I am going to crush whiskey all weekend... Show up Monday, hit the requisite 5 & 3 set, then load up 500, and see where it takes me...

Aggression
05-03-11, 9:04 am
BTW you see Fast Five yet?

I am planning on catching it tomorrow when the theater discounts their normal Please-Rape-Me Prices.

No yet. I plan on seeing it this week. I didn't want to head to the theatre on opening weekend and be faced with a hundred 18yr olds with Civic's.

awesome deadlift pr man

Thanks, P. Struggled at the top a bit, which is usually the opposite. But banged it up.

Nice PR my man... I think I am going to take a page out of your book, and in 3 weeks instead of my 1, I am going to crush whiskey all weekend... Show up Monday, hit the requisite 5 & 3 set, then load up 500, and see where it takes me...

No doubt. A bit of advice, as I've done this two different ways. The first time, I did my 5 set for 5 reps, my 3 for 3 and then pulled heavy singles. I wouldn't do it that way. I would do it the way I did it this past weekend; 5 set for 1, 3 set for 1, and then pull heavy singles up to a PR. Don't gas yourself pulling shit for 5/3 reps. Just pull 1's.

Aggression
05-03-11, 9:11 am
- No training last night; had to take care of important business post-work.
- training tonight; most likely chest/traps. Moderate weight, higher reps
- cardio tonight

As far as my diet goes, I made a few changes. Friday morning I weighed in at 207.2lbs, a 0.2 increase since the week before. Not good. So I conversed with my man Rage and we made some changes. Added an extra meal, carbs are higher, yet I dropped .04lbs in 5 days. Seems like a win to me.

FitPrincess122
05-03-11, 9:17 am
Good deal on the new set up... Just think, it is only paper... Can't take it with ya anyway and it SURELY DOESN'T buy u happiness. (That's just me anyway)

Sounds like a win to me too.... enjoy ur bb split this week.

Big D
05-03-11, 9:18 am
- No training last night; had to take care of important business post-work.
- training tonight; most likely chest/traps. Moderate weight, higher reps
- cardio tonight

As far as my diet goes, I made a few changes. Friday morning I weighed in at 207.2lbs, a 0.2 increase since the week before. Not good. So I conversed with my man Rage and we made some changes. Added an extra meal, carbs are higher, yet I dropped .04lbs in 5 days. Seems like a win to me.

more food and higher carbs make me happy

Polk17
05-03-11, 9:24 am
No doubt. A bit of advice, as I've done this two different ways. The first time, I did my 5 set for 5 reps, my 3 for 3 and then pulled heavy singles. I wouldn't do it that way. I would do it the way I did it this past weekend; 5 set for 1, 3 set for 1, and then pull heavy singles up to a PR. Don't gas yourself pulling shit for 5/3 reps. Just pull 1's.

Makes sense...

Aggression
05-03-11, 1:39 pm
Good deal on the new set up... Just think, it is only paper... Can't take it with ya anyway and it SURELY DOESN'T buy u happiness. (That's just me anyway)

Sounds like a win to me too.... enjoy ur bb split this week.

Truth. Its only green paper. We got a good deal too. We had a 20% off coupon so it knocked a couple hundo off the final tag. Thanks.

A chest pump session tonight; looking forward to it.

more food and higher carbs make me happy

Yes.

Makes sense...

Trust me. Its the better way to go. When I did it the other way, I failed at 435. This time I blasted 465.

Aggression
05-04-11, 8:22 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Deload Week

Chest:
Pushups: max reps in 1min
Incline BB Press: 135x2x8, 185x2x8
Flat DB Press: 80x8, 90x8, 90x8
Decline DB Fly: 3x8 (60s)
Cable Fly: 2x12
Machine Press: 2x8
- stretch -

Traps:
DB Shrugs: 3x10

25min on bike

*didn't worry about big weight. rather, went in there strictly for teh pumps. And fuck did I get one. Chest was swole as hell. Loved it. Off today, hopefully seeing FastFive tonight. Tomorrow will be another BB-workout with some cardio.

Funky
05-04-11, 8:39 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Deload Week

Chest:
Pushups: max reps in 1min
Incline BB Press: 135x2x8, 185x2x8
Flat DB Press: 80x8, 90x8, 90x8
Decline DB Fly: 3x8 (60s)
Cable Fly: 2x12
Machine Press: 2x8
- stretch -

Traps:
DB Shrugs: 3x10

25min on bike

*didn't worry about big weight. rather, went in there strictly for teh pumps. And fuck did I get one. Chest was swole as hell. Loved it. Off today, hopefully seeing FastFive tonight. Tomorrow will be another BB-workout with some cardio.

We're here to PUMP you UP!

scals
05-04-11, 9:44 am
Nice chest workout brother. Fast five looks legit. Let us know how it is!

smoothballer
05-04-11, 11:10 am
Saw Fast Five last night. Definitely a testosterone packed good time. The Rock looks fucking ginormous in the flick. Definitely makes Vin look small in comparison. I would have thought Vin would have came in a little more ripped cause The Rock looked massive and ripped. Will let you see the film and then hear your thoughts.

prowrestler
05-04-11, 12:27 pm
nice pumpathon you had theredoes that count as your deload till next cycle or will you still have a deload week

Aggression
05-04-11, 2:02 pm
Saw Fast Five last night. Definitely a testosterone packed good time. The Rock looks fucking ginormous in the flick. Definitely makes Vin look small in comparison. I would have thought Vin would have came in a little more ripped cause The Rock looked massive and ripped. Will let you see the film and then hear your thoughts.

For a second there, I thought you were going to spoil the movie. For your sake, good thing you didn't, haha.

Nice chest workout brother. Fast five looks legit. Let us know how it is!

will do.

nice pumpathon you had theredoes that count as your deload till next cycle or will you still have a deload week

Yeah this week counts as my deload. I'm not using heavy weight. Just going in with moderate weight and getting a nice pump. Next week .. back to 5/3/1.

prowrestler
05-04-11, 2:55 pm
For a second there, I thought you were going to spoil the movie. For your sake, good thing you didn't, haha.

will do.

Yeah this week counts as my deload. I'm not using heavy weight. Just going in with moderate weight and getting a nice pump. Next week .. back to 5/3/1.

ok good. too many people fail to realise a 'deload' week is not essential after 4 weeks. you can still do work.

smoothballer
05-04-11, 3:11 pm

Nah man, no spoilers here. Nothing worse than ruining a movie for someone. You will enjoy it my brother.

*Make sure you stay and watch the extra scenes after the credits

Phil800101
05-04-11, 5:26 pm
Pumptacular!

Aggression
05-05-11, 8:51 am
ok good. too many people fail to realise a 'deload' week is not essential after 4 weeks. you can still do work.

Agreed. I only 'deloaded' as defined by the 5/3/1 manual once. The past 6-7 cycles worth, I just hit up a traditional bodybuilding split, used heavy weight for 6-12 reps, got a pump, and then went back to a freshie cycle a week later. Active recovery.

Nah man, no spoilers here. Nothing worse than ruining a movie for someone. You will enjoy it my brother.

*Make sure you stay and watch the extra scenes after the credits

I thoroughly enjoyed it. A couple interesting twists in the movie that I didn't expect, yet was extremely pumped about (won't spoil it for those who still want to see it).

However, I did stay for the post-credit scene. Mind=blown, notsureifsrs, i iz confuzed.jpeg

Pumptacular!

Bro my chest is STILL pumped, 2 days later. I shit you not.

Aggression
05-06-11, 9:17 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

pushups: max reps in 1min
situps: max reps in 1min
Delts:
Reverse Pec Dec: 4x8-15
Standing DB Laterals: 3x8-10 (dropset on 3rd)
Seated DB Press: 60x8, 80x8, 90x4, 60x8
BB Upright Row: 95x10, 135x10
- stretch -

Triceps
Seated Machine Pressdown: 4x10
BB CGBP: 3x5-10
Standing Overhead DB Ext (1-arm): 2x8-10
- stretch -

1.5mile run

-----------------------
Rant
- Leaning towards going to the ABC tomorrow @ Gold's Gym
- Getting last few documents together for the closing on home
- Want more ink, asap
- Being that I'm dieting down, I'm not sure if I want to start another 5/3/1 or 'bodybuild' for the next few weeks.
- Went from 206.8 on Tuesday morning to 207.0 today. Yet waist is def slimmer. Foods have been identical. Maybe its because I started the M-stak piece on Tuesday?
- In a perfect world, all would remain the same, yet I'd be driving a blacked out, tinted out F-150 and I'd be on the 'au jus'

Thoughts, comments, criticism, hate .. all welcomed ..

Razor
05-06-11, 9:27 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Delts:
- stretch -

Triceps
- stretch -

1.5mile run

-----------------------
Rant
- Want more ink, asap
- Being that I'm dieting down, I'm not sure if I want to start another 5/3/1 or 'bodybuild' for the next few weeks.
- In a perfect world, all would remain the same, yet I'd be driving a blacked out, tinted out F-150 and I'd be on the 'au jus'

Real nice session in here bro! haha i totally agree with the wanting more ink ASAP! Loving the little rants at the end my man!

scals
05-06-11, 9:30 am
Rumor had it I may see you tomorrow. Would be sweet, but I know the ABC is tomorrow. I'll have plenty of pix!

Polk17
05-06-11, 9:42 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

Delts:
- stretch -

Triceps
- stretch -

1.5mile run

-----------------------
Rant
- Want more ink, asap
- Went from 206.8 on Tuesday morning to 207.0 today. Yet waist is def slimmer. Foods have been identical. Maybe its because I started the M-stak piece on Tuesday?

All looks good man... Thinking bout ink myself... Both rib pieces... And I don't care what no one says... I drive a 08' White F-150... Lifted on 35's w rims... TV, tinted, dual exhaust, highs and subs... Spent a lot of money... And gas is stupid expensive... But that shits worth every penny... If you can't drive what you want when your 25 w no kids when can you right?

Aggression
05-06-11, 9:57 am
Real nice session in here bro! haha i totally agree with the wanting more ink ASAP! Loving the little rants at the end my man!

Yeah man, lately I've been feenin' for some ink. Just not sure what/where. That is the issue.

Rumor had it I may see you tomorrow. Would be sweet, but I know the ABC is tomorrow. I'll have plenty of pix!

I planned on it until the ABC was set for that day. But since I'll be seeing you at the Mid-Atlantics, I think I'll hit up the ABC tomorrow and then see you at the Mids. Best of luck, bro. Rumor has it you're looking pretty shredded.

All looks good man... Thinking bout ink myself... Both rib pieces... And I don't care what no one says... I drive a 08' White F-150... Lifted on 35's w rims... TV, tinted, dual exhaust, highs and subs... Spent a lot of money... And gas is stupid expensive... But that shits worth every penny... If you can't drive what you want when your 25 w no kids when can you right?

That may be the most logical thing I've heard in a while.

Polk17
05-06-11, 10:03 am
That may be the most logical thing I've heard in a while.

Ya the only problem is.... I'm not 25 anymore... Turned 26 last week, not used to having to say 26...

smoothballer
05-06-11, 10:35 am
Yeah man, lately I've been feenin' for some ink. Just not sure what/where. That is the issue.

I feel ya on this one. It seems like as summer approaches I always have the urge to get tatted up again. Ideally I would do it in a couple weeks so I can freely enjoy the pool when it opens up towards the end of the month and not have to worry about the chlorine. Now I just gotta figure out what I want.