PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Solid Dreams
05-04-12, 4:23 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage+CarbMax
intraWO: POWERade

ME
Rack Press: 135x2x5, 225x3, 275x1, 315x1, 355x0, 350x1 (PR)
JM Press: 135x10, 185x10, 225x10 (PR), 245x8 (PR)
Lying Band Ext: 3x10
Weighted Pullups: 4x5-10
DB Side Raises: 2x10
DB Hammer: 2x6-10

postWO: EAA Nitro (2)

What do you put the pins at? I see a lot of people put the bar right where their tris start, was wondering if you did too.

Aggression
05-04-12, 4:25 pm
What do you put the pins at? I see a lot of people put the bar right where their tris start, was wondering if you did too.

Honestly, I can't be sure. The ROM was about 12inches, give or take. It wasn't just a 'lockout'. There was some pressing going on.

JustJ
05-04-12, 6:18 pm
Those are some strong jm presses. Wouldve loved to have seen a video.

Aggression
05-07-12, 8:50 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage w/ CARB-Max

ME
Reverse Band Deads w/ MonsterMiniBands
135x2x5
245x3
335x1
425x1
- add bands -
425x1
475x1
510x1 PR
520x1 PR
DB Row: 4x6-10
Good Mornings: 3x10
Abs: 4 sets
- stretch -

*Took video. Went to edit video last night and realized I left it at the gym. Hoping it's there tonight ..

J-Dawg
05-07-12, 8:53 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage w/ CARB-Max

ME
Reverse Band Deads w/ MonsterMiniBands
135x2x5
245x3
335x1
425x1
- add bands -
425x1
475x1
510x1 PR
520x1 PR
DB Row: 4x6-10
Good Mornings: 3x10
Abs: 4 sets
- stretch -

*Took video. Went to edit video last night and realized I left it at the gym. Hoping it's there tonight ..

Nice! Congrats on the PRs. Hope the video is there for ya later.

T o m m Y
05-07-12, 8:55 am
prs!! yeaaaaaaaah budddy! solid pulls man ... i got some rev band action going on tonight, cg bench looking for a big PR myself..

Aggression
05-08-12, 8:53 am
Nice! Congrats on the PRs. Hope the video is there for ya later.

BIG J-DAWG! Yup, the camera was there. Awesome.

prs!! yeaaaaaaaah budddy! solid pulls man ... i got some rev band action going on tonight, cg bench looking for a big PR myself..

Thanks, T. Felt great in there.

Aggression
05-08-12, 8:55 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO Shake: 1/2s Iso Whey, 1s Slaughtermelon, 1s CarboPlus

DE
Incline Speed Bench: 9x3 (135lbs w/ 1 chain per side)
Lying Single Arm Extension w/ chains: 3x10
Straight Bar Ext: 3x6-10
Lat Pulldown: 4x6-10 w/ mixed grips
Front BB Raise: 3x10
DB Curl: 3x6-10

postWO: EAA Nitro, IsoWhey, creatine

*Camera was there, so we're back in business
*Haven't felt that good in the gym in a long time.

Loomis
05-08-12, 8:59 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO Shake: 1/2s Iso Whey, 1s Slaughtermelon, 1s CarboPlus

DE
Incline Speed Bench: 9x3 (135lbs w/ 1 chain per side)
Lying Single Arm Extension w/ chains: 3x10
Straight Bar Ext: 3x6-10
Lat Pulldown: 4x6-10 w/ mixed grips
Front BB Raise: 3x10

postWO: EAA Nitro, IsoWhey, creatine

*Camera was there, so we're back in business
*Haven't felt that good in the gym in a long time.

Nice!!!

Aggression
05-08-12, 3:41 pm
Didn't prowl last Tuesday. I was taking a few days off to rest the body. Heading out there today, I was a bit worried that a full 2 weeks off from prowling may do me dirty. But it went down like this ..

Just the sled; 2 trips to warm up
Sled + 90lbs; 170lbs total: 7 trips w/ 60s rest in between
Sled + 90lbs; 170lbs total: 3 trips at a slower pace to get the job done.

J-Dawg and I banged out the 7 trips in about 15min. Finished up with 3 more and then I headed to my car for a 20min nap to regain composure. And I feel great.

J-Dawg
05-08-12, 3:58 pm
Didn't prowl last Tuesday. I was taking a few days off to rest the body. Heading out there today, I was a bit worried that a full 2 weeks off from prowling may do me dirty. But it went down like this ..

Just the sled; 2 trips to warm up
Sled + 90lbs; 170lbs total: 7 trips w/ 60s rest in between
Sled + 90lbs; 170lbs total: 3 trips at a slower pace to get the job done.

J-Dawg and I banged out the 7 trips in about 15min. Finished up with 3 more and then I headed to my car for a 20min nap to regain composure. And I feel great.

Yeah buddy. Great workout today A.

C.Coronato
05-09-12, 11:18 am
Hey can I get a spot?

Aggression
05-10-12, 10:37 am
Yeah buddy. Great workout today A.

As always, my man.

Hey can I get a spot?

LIGHTWEIGHTLIGHWEIGHTLIGHTWEIGHT, CRASH.

Aggression
05-10-12, 10:39 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage+CarbMax

DE
SQ: 8x2 w/ 170lbs plus 80lbs in chains
DL: 8x1 w/ 205lbs plus 40lbs in chains
Reverse Power Squat: 4x8-10
Abs: 3 sets

postWO: EAA Nitro, CarbMax, creatine, IsoWhey

Also, here's a video from this weekend's deads with the monster minis

http://youtu.be/VnxyF-77p1k

LayzieBone085
05-10-12, 4:19 pm
Epic update!

Nix0r
05-10-12, 4:33 pm
Hashtag. Boom.

Polk17
05-10-12, 4:37 pm
Do you ever do BB Hip Thrusts?

Aggression
05-10-12, 4:41 pm
Epic update!

Hashtag. Boom.

#BOOM #SetPrsDrinkPBRs

Do you ever do BB Hip Thrusts?

No, I have never attempted them. But I'll keep it in mind.

Polk17
05-10-12, 5:13 pm
No, I have never attempted them. But I'll keep it in mind.

I was just wondering, I know it has helped my lockout...

Aggression
05-10-12, 5:15 pm
I was just wondering, I know it has helped my lockout...

My issue with competition deads is the mid-way point. I can rip it off the floor, but once its right below my kneecap, I die out. I've talked to Ben Rice about it and he tells me it's a form issue, which I believe. Just have to remember to keep the ass down and shoulders back, even when going bigger.

Polk17
05-10-12, 5:30 pm
My issue with competition deads is the mid-way point. I can rip it off the floor, but once its right below my kneecap, I die out. I've talked to Ben Rice about it and he tells me it's a form issue, which I believe. Just have to remember to keep the ass down and shoulders back, even when going bigger.

See mine is off the floor, if I break the floor I win, but it feels like it takes a week to get it moving...

And ya thats always the catch, anyone has good for with 80-85%, but when the weight gets heavy, its hard to dial it in, 1 because its so fucking heavy, and 2 you get so amped up to move the weight you aren't thinking about form....

Aggression
05-11-12, 11:09 am
See mine is off the floor, if I break the floor I win, but it feels like it takes a week to get it moving...

And ya thats always the catch, anyone has good for with 80-85%, but when the weight gets heavy, its hard to dial it in, 1 because its so fucking heavy, and 2 you get so amped up to move the weight you aren't thinking about form....

Agreed. See with me, I can rip the bar off the floor. I can do a deadlift of a 6in deficit with 470, but I can't pull 500 straight. The bar flies off the ground but stalls midway. I need someone to put the weight on the bar without telling me, and let me work up to 500+ without knowing it. I bet I'll pull it then!

Nix0r
05-11-12, 11:14 am
Agreed. See with me, I can rip the bar off the floor. I can do a deadlift of a 6in deficit with 470, but I can't pull 500 straight. The bar flies off the ground but stalls midway. I need someone to put the weight on the bar without telling me, and let me work up to 500+ without knowing it. I bet I'll pull it then!

I think we can arrange something in C-Bus next year...

JustJ
05-11-12, 1:19 pm

I could be wrong, but maybe rack pulls from your sticking point or pulling against monster minis or doubled minis might help. A 470 pull from a deficit is great for sure, but if your sticking point is not from the floor then fact is you're still locking out 470, which is different from 500, meaning that of course its not that affected by your sticking point because it's still a weight you can handle.

Hope that made sense and didn't come off asshole-ish.

Aggression
05-11-12, 1:28 pm
I could be wrong, but maybe rack pulls from your sticking point or pulling against monster minis or doubled minis might help. A 470 pull from a deficit is great for sure, but if your sticking point is not from the floor then fact is you're still locking out 470, which is different from 500, meaning that of course its not that affected by your sticking point because it's still a weight you can handle.

Hope that made sense and didn't come off asshole-ish.

Totally understood. And I definitely incorporate rack pulls as well. I did them about a week after the deficit pulls. Thanks, my man.

Polk17
05-11-12, 2:14 pm
Ill tell you two things I think would help... Work on getting faster off floor so you have more speed, and can cruise through your sticking point... Because your sticking point might not be a weakness, but a mechanical problem... Like your build isn't suited for it...

Another thing is isometrics, Josh Bryant uses them with guys, put like 225 under a bar, then pull up into the bar, and pull as hard as you can for a time... It's like a reverse rack pull... Set it up right under the sticking point...

Aggression
05-11-12, 3:07 pm
Another thing is isometrics, Josh Bryant uses them with guys, put like 225 under a bar, then pull up into the bar, and pull as hard as you can for a time... It's like a reverse rack pull... Set it up right under the sticking point...

Not really sure I understand this one ... got a video or something?

Aggression
05-11-12, 3:14 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

trained w/ J-Dawg

preWO: Labomba aka The Monster

ME
Reverse Band Bench Press
135x2x5
225x3
275x1
- add bands -
275x1
315x1
365x1 PR
385x1 PR
DB Band Presses: 3x6-10
DB Hammer Curls: 2x10

postWO: EAA Nitro/IsoWhey/Creatine

*Blasted a major PR and called it quits. Body is junked. Didn't eat much at all yesterday, didn't sleep much at all last night, and feel dead. Didn't want to push the envelope too hard. PRs and head home.

Solid Dreams
05-11-12, 3:29 pm
Not really sure I understand this one ... got a video or something?

I think it's like you put the bar up like he said, then get under it and pull yourself up into it like a row, and then squeeze. I've seen people do em at the gym, it seems like if you have a ball to put your feet on it makes it a lot more difficult...

T o m m Y
05-11-12, 3:38 pm
strong prs bro!
what bands did you use?

Aggression
05-11-12, 3:52 pm
strong prs bro!
what bands did you use?

Monster Minis

Polk17
05-11-12, 4:03 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdzazi3qVnM&feature=plcp

Its in the middle of the vid...

Josh has some real interesting ideas about the Deadlift, because he's got a great Benching frame and a shitty Pulling frame, he talks about speed, especially before your sticking points, because the faster the bar is moving @ your sticking point, less chance there is to stick... Makes a lot of sense to me... It has really helped my Bench (I am working with him), he hasn't really focused on my stick point (Mid-Range), but more so made me faster off my chest, so that when I get there the bar is moving faster, and I just get through it then lock it out...

Aggression
05-11-12, 4:10 pm
Wow. I've honestly never seen that movement. Good find, bro. So I'm just going to yank it up to right above my sticking point and hold it for a count? Interesting. I may have to attempt this tomorrow as part of my ME Lower body accessory.

JustJ
05-11-12, 5:07 pm
I was gonna ask you: how do you feel the monster minis hold up with heavier weight? Like on reverse band squats or deadlifts? You don't find that it stretches out the bands or like they're going to snap?

Just curious cuz I have a bunch of bands but wanted to cut down on the amount of stuff in my gym bag do was thinking of sticking to either monster minis or average bands for awhile.

Aggression
05-11-12, 5:09 pm
I was gonna ask you: how do you feel the monster minis hold up with heavier weight? Like on reverse band squats or deadlifts? You don't find that it stretches out the bands or like they're going to snap?

Just curious cuz I have a bunch of bands but wanted to cut down on the amount of stuff in my gym bag do was thinking of sticking to either monster minis or average bands for awhile.

I don't use the MonsterMinis too often. Maybe 1-2 every 6-8 weeks or so. I've done benching and deadlifting with them. Used the bigger, thicker bands for squatting. I've never had the feeling that they're going to snap. Heaviest I've put on the monster minis was 385 on bench and 520 on deads; no issues.

JustJ
05-11-12, 5:16 pm
I don't use the MonsterMinis too often. Maybe 1-2 every 6-8 weeks or so. I've done benching and deadlifting with them. Used the bigger, thicker bands for squatting. I've never had the feeling that they're going to snap. Heaviest I've put on the monster minis was 385 on bench and 520 on deads; no issues.

Cool, thanks. Might have to keep them and the average bands in my bag...I'd ideally like to use them for 600+ on squats and deads and I feel kinda sketch on that with the monster minis.

Polk17
05-11-12, 10:57 pm
Wow. I've honestly never seen that movement. Good find, bro. So I'm just going to yank it up to right above my sticking point and hold it for a count? Interesting. I may have to attempt this tomorrow as part of my ME Lower body accessory.

I'd put it right below your stick... That way you are as strong as possible before your stick... Moving the bar the fastest at that point...

Aggression
05-14-12, 9:22 am
I'd put it right below your stick... That way you are as strong as possible before your stick... Moving the bar the fastest at that point...

I did them this past weekend. I did it as accessory; 225 for 3x5, holding for 5s right above the sticking point. I didn't get to see your response until now. I'll do it the right way next week. Just not sure if I can maneuver it correctly at my gym. I had the pins set at the lowest spot in the rack this past weekend. And it was ABOVE my sticking point. Maybe I'll have to get silly and throw a 6in platform in that rack and go from there. We'll see.

Aggression
05-14-12, 9:24 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Rage/CarbMax

ME
Box Squats off a 20in box: worked up to 505x3
Isometric Deads (courtesy of Polk17); 3x5 w/ 225 (holding for 5-count)
Lat Pulldown: 4x8-10
Abs: standing crunches x 4

postWO: EAA Nitro

Polk17
05-14-12, 11:26 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

ME

Looks good, how do you like them?

LayzieBone085
05-14-12, 11:33 am
505 is serious bro!

Solid Dreams
05-14-12, 11:35 am

How would you work that? That's my problem as well, I have no problem once I get it off the floor, but getting it off the floor...

Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

ME

Is that parallel or above for you? Strong work man. Do you ever feel funny doing abs and legs/back work? I always feel like I get really, really weak if I do abwork with my squats/deadlifting...

Aggression
05-14-12, 11:49 am
Looks good, how do you like them?

I liked them. Different. Just need to configure setting the pins lower next time.

505 is serious bro!

I want to get used to heavier weight on the back. And higher box squats are perfect for that.

Is that parallel or above for you? Strong work man. Do you ever feel funny doing abs and legs/back work? I always feel like I get really, really weak if I do abwork with my squats/deadlifting...

Its definitely above parallel. I'd say it was maybe a 1/4 squat. But overloading the bar felt good. The other box is 14.5in and its pretty much dead-on parallel for me. So this was 6in higher.

Enforcer
05-14-12, 12:25 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

ME

Dude trains like a full blown powerlifter now- Ill make a deal with you bro- I step on the platform and you step back up on stage

Aggression
05-14-12, 12:41 pm
Dude trains like a full blown powerlifter now- Ill make a deal with you bro- I step on the platform and you step back up on stage

fuck lol

RedlegDbell
05-14-12, 1:48 pm
505 is serious bro!

Big time!

Aggression
05-15-12, 9:42 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Shock Therapy

DE
Decline Bench Press: 8x3, straight weight w/ 185lbs
Incline DB Tricep Ext: 4x8-10
Rope Pushdowns: 3x10
BB Row: 4x8-10
Side DB Raises: 2x10
Seated One-Arm DB Curl: 2x8-10
- stretch -

postWO: EAA Nitro/creatine.

smoothballer
05-15-12, 1:04 pm
How's life post-backloading?

Aggression
05-15-12, 1:13 pm
How's life post-backloading?

I feel better. I feel a lot stronger. I have more energy in the gym. I'm able to to push harder/longer during the session. I'm carb cycling now; high carb days on ME days; 2 total. Both DE days are medium carb. Sunday/Tuesdays are conditioning, also medium. Medium is low; maybe 50-100g carbs per day, total. Low day is Thursday, where I have no carbs. Feeling good.

Aggression
05-16-12, 9:15 am
'#Boom' isn't always a good term. Tuesday is typically ProwlerDay @ the U HQ. We spend our lunch break pushing that mother 40yds a clip for 10 trips. Its great conditioning. Since it was raining for the majority of the day here, we had to cancel this week's drills. Upon getting home, I decided to go for a run; something I haven't done in a while. I laced up the kicks and headed out. When I was in the zone about a year ago, I was running a mile in about 8min and I hit my best 1.5mile at 11:27. A couple others a few weeks/months later were around the 12-1230 mark. Not bad for someone my size.

But last night was bad. I made it 30% of a mile before I had to stop due to pain in the lower back/ankles. Sitting at 225lbs, this is the heaviest I've ever been when it came to running. Time to get into some sort of shape. Getting huge and strong is great. But I also want functional strength. I don't want to be that large fucker who is only good at lifting heavy weight. So I'm going to start doing more conditioning to get myself in shape. I'll be running outside 3x per week. I may also be changing around my workout routine a bit in order to focus more on functional strength as oppose to all out brute mass. To me, being 230lbs and only being able to do 1-2 reps with a heavy weight isn't too impressive. A streamlined 210lb'er who can run a decent mile while repping fairly heavy weight for good reps is more worthy, IMO.

First things first, time to hit the pavement more consistently.

violator
05-16-12, 12:10 pm
How would you compare running to a prowler session in terms of GPP? i know they both have their place... but if you had to decide between one or the other?

i got a trx for my prowler a couple weeks ago, been trying out some drills with it that i got off t-nation...

run any hills lately? (ala wendler stylee) ive manged to work up to 8 x 40yard suicides, but just 3 trips up and down and embankment(50m+-) had me gassing like my lungs were gonna pop...

Aggression
05-16-12, 12:26 pm
How would you compare running to a prowler session in terms of GPP? i know they both have their place... but if you had to decide between one or the other?

i got a trx for my prowler a couple weeks ago, been trying out some drills with it that i got off t-nation...

run any hills lately? (ala wendler stylee) ive manged to work up to 8 x 40yard suicides, but just 3 trips up and down and embankment(50m+-) had me gassing like my lungs were gonna pop...

I think running vs the prowler are completely different animals, therefore incomparable. The prowler is short bursts that blast your arms, legs, glutes, lower back, etc. Great for GPP. I think running is on it's own. If I had to choose .. tough one. I'd honestly rather do a 2min run around the neighborhood compared to 10 prowler sprints, to be honest. But it all comes down to what you're training for. Prowling gets you conditioned, but for quick bursts and helps the heart. Running is more endurance.

RedlegDbell
05-16-12, 2:21 pm

Started running my hill a few weeks ago which is about 70-80 yards. It sucks haha. Really though I just sprint the first 2 and jog up 3x after that. Afterwards, I carry an 80lb. stone around my backyard for a few minutes dropping it in the grass for a minute at a time when my bi's feel like they're going to explode. It makes for a brutal cardio session for sure.

Aggression
05-16-12, 3:28 pm
Started running my hill a few weeks ago which is about 70-80 yards. It sucks haha. Really though I just sprint the first 2 and jog up 3x after that. Afterwards, I carry an 80lb. stone around my backyard for a few minutes dropping it in the grass for a minute at a time when my bi's feel like they're going to explode. It makes for a brutal cardio session for sure.

I like your style.

Aggression
05-17-12, 4:17 pm
Sled Drags - 40yds
2 drags w/ 45lbs added
2 drags w/ 70lbs added
4 drags w/ 95lbs added

Prowler - 40yds
2 sprints w/ 170lbs total

This marks the last day I'll be doing lunch-time conditioning. Why? B/c its too damn hot. I sweat. Plain and simple. I sweat shaving. I sweat just bring the sled out of the back room at the HQ. So when it comes to all-out conditioning, I'm a fucking mess after it's all done. And I don't want to reenter the office in that manner, haha. So conditioning will be done postWO and/or on off-days. Conditioning will be sled drags, jump rope, hill sprints, and running. Oh, and don't worry, I'll still be lifting heavy weight. In fact, I may even opt for a max bench press tomorrow ....

mcbeast
05-17-12, 4:25 pm
I would much rather do GPP after training, then train 2x a day.. Maybe I'm just fat & lazy! Ha! Max bench eh, what are you aiming for?

Aggression
05-17-12, 4:32 pm
I would much rather do GPP after training, then train 2x a day.. Maybe I'm just fat & lazy! Ha! Max bench eh, what are you aiming for?

I liked doing it during lunch break on days off from training with J-Dawg and NG. I wish I still could. They don't sweat like I do, haha.

As for my bench .. well .. naturalguy and I tied for bench at the Jan meet with 325. He just did 335 at his meet this past weekend. So I'll attempt 340. Though it won't be official, it'll still get into his head. That way, it'll loom over his head until our next meet that I'll probably out bench him. I'm all about the mind games, haha. Cerebral assassin.

mcbeast
05-17-12, 4:37 pm
Haha, you should just throw on 1# collars..337 would be a mindfuck, no? Lol @ Cerebral Assassin...

LayzieBone085
05-17-12, 7:40 pm
Whats good AG?

Aggression
05-18-12, 3:45 pm
Haha, you should just throw on 1# collars..337 would be a mindfuck, no? Lol @ Cerebral Assassin...

Haha. No collars. No disputes. I am 'unofficially' the stronger bencher now.

Whats good AG?

See below for teh goodz.

Aggression
05-18-12, 3:47 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO:
Rage [slaughtermelon] mixed w/ Carb-Max [power punch]

Bench
135x2x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
340x1 PR
350x0

DB Press: 3x8-10
Lat Pulldown: 2x8-10

postWO: EAA Nitro/IsoWhey/creatine

http://youtu.be/8_scyS7P9o8

mcbeast
05-18-12, 4:07 pm
BOOM! Great work! Now let that hang over his head for awhile..Those 5 pounds will make you or break you!

C.Coronato
05-18-12, 4:08 pm
PRs all around!!

J-Dawg
05-18-12, 4:17 pm
Great session today A. Big congrats on the PR!

JustJ
05-18-12, 10:25 pm
Congrats on the 340! What do you think has helped your bench the most?

RedlegDbell
05-18-12, 10:41 pm

Ditto. Great question.

Nix0r
05-19-12, 10:54 am
NG is scared.

Aggression
05-21-12, 9:38 am
BOOM! Great work! Now let that hang over his head for awhile..Those 5 pounds will make you or break you!

That extra 5lbs won't sit well with him, lol.

PRs all around!!

No other way, my friend.

Great session today A. Big congrats on the PR!

Thanks, J-Dawg. Same goes to you, homie.

Ditto. Great question.

Consistent training. The last few weeks have been heavy bench movements; reverse band presses with 385, slingshot presses with 365/405, and heavy rack presses. Overloading the bar with heavier weight and doing partial/assisted pressing is what made the difference, I'm assuming.

NG is scared.

No doubt.

Aggression
05-21-12, 9:40 am
Didn't train this weekend.

- woke up at 7am on Saturday to play 18 holes with my pops. Got home around 2 and then did some errands/yardwork. Hit up the bar for some good eats and a few beers. Low key. Home early. Spend Sunday at a BBQ all day, so it was a pretty relaxing weekend. Squattin' tonight.

J Wong
05-21-12, 10:22 am
Congrats on the bench PR, looked solid

LayzieBone085
05-21-12, 11:21 am
That is a weekend of paradise! Back to the grind.

Aggression
05-21-12, 3:35 pm
Congrats on the bench PR, looked solid

Thanks, B

That is a weekend of paradise! Back to the grind.

No doubt. Can't beat a beautiful morning spent on the links.

Aggression
05-21-12, 3:38 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Shock-T (CHL)

SQ
Foam Rolling
Squats:
135x2x5
225x5
275x3
305x3
345x5 PR
Lying Leg Curl: 4x10
Ab Crunches w/ bands: 2x15

postWO EAA Nitro/Creatine

<> Getting back into working with some reps. I want to totally recondition my physique from all angles. So I'll be working with reps between 3-6 instead of heavy singles. I'll also be doing more functional accessory work in addition to some weak-area work. I'll be incorporating more dips and pullups. I'll also be doing more cardio of various forms; treadmill walks, outdoor runs, sled pulling, sprints, etc. Weight is at 228lbs fresh in the morning, post-piss.

naturalguy
05-21-12, 3:56 pm
NG is scared.

I'll give him props, impressive bench. I'll have to raise my game

Phil800101
05-21-12, 7:24 pm
Looking strong bro! I see some solid PRs in here, so congrats on that. How goes everything?

Aggression
05-22-12, 8:50 am
I'll give him props, impressive bench. I'll have to raise my game

All I want to do is motivate you, bro. I want the same intensity, challenge, and camaraderie come Jan2013. See you on the platform.

Looking strong bro! I see some solid PRs in here, so congrats on that. How goes everything?

Everything is going well. Changing things up a bit. I want to gain more functional strength and increase my conditioning. So instead of just hitting the gym for heavy single maxes, I'm going to do more rep work and add in more cardio. Still lifting hard, heavy, and breaking PRs, but just a little tweaked. I'm going to hit the big, heavy movements; squat, bench, dead, military press, add in a few assistance exercises, and hit the cardio.

LayzieBone085
05-22-12, 11:02 am
PR city baby!

Aggression
05-22-12, 4:17 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage
intraWO: H20

Standing Military Press:
barx2x10
75x10
95x10
115x3
130x3
150x12
Dips: 4 sets w/ added weight
Pullups: 4 sets w/ body weight
DB Curls: 3 sets

postWO: EAA Nitro/Creatine

- First time doing any sort of shoulder press in about a year. Not sure how to gauge it. All reps were strict; dead stop at bottom, full press to the top.
- Cardio post-work

J-Dawg
05-22-12, 4:56 pm
150x12
k

That's not too shabby for not hitting shoulder presses in almost a year.

LayzieBone085
05-22-12, 7:56 pm
150 x 12 how much you weighin?

Aggression
05-23-12, 8:41 am
That's not too shabby for not hitting shoulder presses in almost a year.

Not at all, J-Dawg! Thanks.

150 x 12 how much you weighin?

between 225-230

Loomis
05-25-12, 9:11 am
'#Boom' isn't always a good term. Tuesday is typically ProwlerDay @ the U HQ. We spend our lunch break pushing that mother 40yds a clip for 10 trips. Its great conditioning. Since it was raining for the majority of the day here, we had to cancel this week's drills. Upon getting home, I decided to go for a run; something I haven't done in a while. I laced up the kicks and headed out. When I was in the zone about a year ago, I was running a mile in about 8min and I hit my best 1.5mile at 11:27. A couple others a few weeks/months later were around the 12-1230 mark. Not bad for someone my size.

But last night was bad. I made it 30% of a mile before I had to stop due to pain in the lower back/ankles. Sitting at 225lbs, this is the heaviest I've ever been when it came to running. Time to get into some sort of shape. Getting huge and strong is great. But I also want functional strength. I don't want to be that large fucker who is only good at lifting heavy weight. So I'm going to start doing more conditioning to get myself in shape. I'll be running outside 3x per week. I may also be changing around my workout routine a bit in order to focus more on functional strength as oppose to all out brute mass. To me, being 230lbs and only being able to do 1-2 reps with a heavy weight isn't too impressive. A streamlined 210lb'er who can run a decent mile while repping fairly heavy weight for good reps is more worthy, IMO.

First things first, time to hit the pavement more consistently.

2 things...

1st. Love the new thread title!

2nd. I feel the same way.... whats the point of being strong, if your not fit. Dealing with that myself right now... strongest I've ever been, but to out of shape.

Shukin
05-25-12, 9:26 am
2 things...

2nd. I feel the same way.... whats the point of being strong, if your not fit. Dealing with that myself right now... strongest I've ever been, but to out of shape.

I have to second this, and the North of Vag is the way to go!

Theonidus
05-25-12, 9:31 am
It's good to see Aggs back on the 5/3/1 train for now.

LayzieBone085
05-25-12, 11:14 am
Digging the 5/3/1 and thread title. Big things!

Aggression
05-29-12, 12:59 pm
2 things...

100% agreed. I'm currently tied for my all-time heaviest (235) but I'm MUCH leaner than I was last time at this weight. And during my final box squat session, I did 505x3 off a 20" box. I felt strong as hell, but how is that going to help me? So I'm cutting back a bit. I'd like to get to maybe 210, but I'm not necessarily worried about the actual number on the scale. I just want to lean out, get into sick shape, while also being strong as hell via the 5/3/1.

I have to second this, and the North of Vag is the way to go!

Its a tough route, but heading down that path!

It's good to see Aggs back on the 5/3/1 train for now.

Digging the 5/3/1 and thread title. Big things!

We'll see what happens.

Aggression
05-29-12, 1:02 pm
Buddy's Garage
Toms River, NJ

preWO: Shock Therapy w. 1/2s Iso Whey

Due to MDW, my weekend wasn't as routine as it normally is. But we got sh!t done.
My good friend has a pretty decent setup in his garage, so I went over this on Saturday to push some bench press ..

Bench Press:
barx2x10
135x5
185x5
205x3
235x3
265x10

And instead of doing the traditional accessory work, my other two friends were putting together a cross-fit type workout, so I jumped in with them.

150 reps total, tag-team style
- Lat Pulldowns
- Log Press
- Pushups (dead stop at bottom)
- Situps
- Deadlifts w/ fat grips

One person would do their reps. Once they couldn't do anymore, the other jumped in. We each repped out until we hit a combined 150 reps. We were actually suppose to do kettle bell swings and then double under's with jump rope after the deadlifts, but we called it quits. We got to the deadlifts and it was 135 with the fats. My one friend went first and got like 6. After we each went one round, we only had about 20 reps. So we took a 5min breather and then lowered the weight to 95lbs and then battled 150 reps. We were fuckin' done. The intense workout combined with training outside in the heat did us in. But it felt great.

*In addition, I went for a run Saturday morning; a rough 1.5miles.

Funky
05-29-12, 1:05 pm
Glad to see you back on the 5/3/1 Adam!

it missed you!

Aggression
05-29-12, 1:05 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Shock Therapy

Deads
175x5
220x5
260x3
305x3
350x3
390x5
Good Mornings; 4x10
Seated Row: 3x10
Cardio; 20min

*Repping shit out is fuckin' rough, but I'll get back into the swing of it soon enough. Feels good to be that type of 'tired' after going higher reps.

naturalguy
05-29-12, 1:25 pm
I like the thread title change

Mr. Dead
05-29-12, 1:45 pm
Work is definitely getting done, in here...!!!

RedlegDbell
05-29-12, 4:41 pm
It's nice that you, Smoothballer and others are back to the 5/3/1. It feels like I have a bunch of guys training with me even though we're 100+ miles apart. Keep up the great work Agg.

Steve

scals
05-29-12, 7:57 pm
Looking strong buddy. Do anything special for MDW?

N. Motta
05-29-12, 8:03 pm
Nice work man. Instead of lurking, I'm now officially subbed.

I feel like I owe Wendler some serious gratitude. Or a handle of Jim Beam. He got me, and obviously a lot of us, in touch with what really works. And will always work. Also, what it's like to strive towards what a real man should be physically capable of. My thoughts anyway.

Aggression
05-30-12, 8:56 am
I like the thread title change

I knew you'd appreciate it.

Work is definitely getting done, in here...!!!

As always, deadman.

It's nice that you, Smoothballer and others are back to the 5/3/1. It feels like I have a bunch of guys training with me even though we're 100+ miles apart. Keep up the great work Agg.

Steve

Agreed. Miles apart, but with the same outlook, intensity, and dedication. If I lurk in others' journeys and see PRs being hit, I know it lights a fire under my ass, no doubt. Thank you.

Looking strong buddy. Do anything special for MDW?

The usual. A couple BBQs, some burgers, dogs, beers, etc. Nothing nuts. Ventured over to Seaside on Saturday night, only to realize I don't belong there anymore, haha.

Nice work man. Instead of lurking, I'm now officially subbed.

I feel like I owe Wendler some serious gratitude. Or a handle of Jim Beam. He got me, and obviously a lot of us, in touch with what really works. And will always work. Also, what it's like to strive towards what a real man should be physically capable of. My thoughts anyway.

The last part is what has hit me recently. His program works when it comes to the weights/percentages. But his overall outlook is what really lures me into his system, especially the NOV part. Sure, we can bulk the fuck up to a big weight and squat something ridiculous, but how is it going to help us in the real world? I want to be able to hit some legit weight for some reps while also being able to partake in other activities without being gassed early. I want to be IN SHAPE while also being a PR machine on the major lifts. And that is what I'm currently striving for.

Aggression
05-30-12, 9:01 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick Township, NJ

preWO: Shock-T w/ 1/2s Iso Whey

Squats:
barx5
135x2x5
205x5
250x5
285x5
325x5
Leg Press: 3x10
Leg Curls: 3x10
Abs

Amazing. Since my last 5/3/1 party, my strength has gone through the roof in everything. But as for reps .. well .. damn. My muscles just aren't used to them. With leg press, I used to be able to slam on 9-10pps and bang out 10-12 reps. I stayed at 6 last night for the final 2 sets. Legs didn't know what the fuck was going on. But it feels fucking fantastic to concentrate more on reps compared to just pushing 1 rep with big weight. Its a totally different sensation. Its going to take a few weeks for the body to adjust, but its a good feeling.

N. Motta
05-30-12, 9:10 am
... I want to be able to hit some legit weight for some reps while also being able to partake in other activities without being gassed early. I want to be IN SHAPE while also being a PR machine on the major lifts. And that is what I'm currently striving for.

I share the same exact thoughts man. Keep hitting those PR's man. And I'm mostly saying this to myself, cause I neglect it even though it helps so much, stretch and foam roll! Haha I fly on the prowler and pop out of the hole if I take care of those two things.

G Diesel
05-30-12, 10:55 am
North of Vag? Explain my brother.

Peace, G

Aggression
05-30-12, 11:07 am
I share the same exact thoughts man. Keep hitting those PR's man. And I'm mostly saying this to myself, cause I neglect it even though it helps so much, stretch and foam roll! Haha I fly on the prowler and pop out of the hole if I take care of those two things.

Yes sir. When I remember to foam roll, it always ends well.

North of Vag? Explain my brother.

Peace, G

haha.

Just a phrase that Jim Wendler uses in one of his manuals. Its a template that is designed for you to hit your numbers in the main lifts, some accessory, then conditioning, in an effort to be an all around 'badass', so to speak. As I've said, I want to be big, strong, and conditioned. Carrying 235lbs on this frame yet not being able to jog a half mile is pretty bad. So I want to revamp while still staying strong.

J-Dawg
05-30-12, 11:18 am
S.O.V. = no bueno? LOL

G Diesel
05-30-12, 11:20 am
haha.

Just a phrase that Jim Wendler uses in one of his manuals. Its a template that is designed for you to hit your numbers in the main lifts, some accessory, then conditioning, in an effort to be an all around 'badass', so to speak. As I've said, I want to be big, strong, and conditioned. Carrying 235lbs on this frame yet not being able to jog a half mile is pretty bad. So I want to revamp while still staying strong.

No, that is awesome bro. Good for you. I understand and can relate.

I don't get what the phrase means, though. Like I get it literally, but not sure what he actually means.

Peace, G

Aggression
05-30-12, 3:32 pm
S.O.V. = no bueno? LOL

Depends on the context, lol.

No, that is awesome bro. Good for you. I understand and can relate.

I don't get what the phrase means, though. Like I get it literally, but not sure what he actually means.

Peace, G

I interpret it as 'in order to not be considered a pu$$y, do this shit'

Aggression
05-30-12, 3:44 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage+IsoWhey

Standing BB Press: warmups, 125x5, 140x5, 160x5
Incline DB Tricep Ext: 4x10
Pullups (various grips): 4xF
EZ Bar BB Curl: 4x10

*MDW screwed up my normal routine. Being that I have to cook food tonight, I decided to train at work so that I can go straight home and grill the chicken before darkness falls. With the 3/5/1, I'm doing the '5' week with strictly 5 reps and then on to assistance. For '3' and '1' week, I'll be pushing the reps on the final set. This way, I'll be able to recovery quicker/not burn out as fast, in theory. Plus, it's a good transition into more reps. Hopefully I'll be getting at LEAST 5 reps each week, but we'll see. So far, I haven't hit anything lower than 5 on any weeks or any movements. But next week is the real test; '1' week.

LayzieBone085
05-30-12, 7:46 pm
In for the test

JustJ
05-30-12, 9:38 pm
good shit. was about to run 3/5/1 myself but have a change of plans

Aggression
05-31-12, 10:03 am
good shit. was about to run 3/5/1 myself but have a change of plans

It feels refreshing to get some more reps going on during a workout. I'd like to run this for a while and then switch gears back to WestSide in the fall/winter. But we'll see.

N. Motta
05-31-12, 11:25 am
Yo Aggs, I wanted to mention that I started using the 'Simples Method for Getting Strong' template. The one where you find your estimated 1RM for your assistance lift, right after you main lift. I really like it. Really helps me feel focused as I continue on to the assistance stuff. Took a week to figure out the 1RM, but I think it's worth while.

Aggression
05-31-12, 11:29 am
Yo Aggs, I wanted to mention that I started using the 'Simples Method for Getting Strong' template. The one where you find your estimated 1RM for your assistance lift, right after you main lift. I really like it. Really helps me feel focused as I continue on to the assistance stuff. Took a week to figure out the 1RM, but I think it's worth while.

Where's that at?

N. Motta
05-31-12, 12:38 pm
Where's that at?

It's in the second edition. It gives you a rep scheme, plus the percentages to use.

Mine for example, Press; floor press. Pull; front squat. Bench; incline press. Squat; good mornings.

Week 1 50%x10 60%x10 70%x10
Week 2 60%x8 70%x8 80%x6
Week 3 65%x5 75%x5 85%x5
Week 4 40%x5 50%x5 60%x5

Like I said, I've enjoyed it. Still simple and efficient and helps me stay focused.

Aggression
06-01-12, 12:25 pm
It's in the second edition. It gives you a rep scheme, plus the percentages to use.

Mine for example, Press; floor press. Pull; front squat. Bench; incline press. Squat; good mornings.

Week 1 50%x10 60%x10 70%x10
Week 2 60%x8 70%x8 80%x6
Week 3 65%x5 75%x5 85%x5
Week 4 40%x5 50%x5 60%x5

Like I said, I've enjoyed it. Still simple and efficient and helps me stay focused.

Sounds good. I'll have to look into this a bit more. Thanks.

smoothballer
06-01-12, 2:44 pm
Digging the new plan and of course the Journey Name. Gotta live life that way. I am hearing rumors that the crew I am working out with is gonna hop back on 5/3/1 soon so I am looking forward to that. Definitely a solid program. Gonna have to read through the one for Powerlifting again and interested in what is different in the 2nd edition.

Aggression
06-01-12, 2:48 pm
Digging the new plan and of course the Journey Name. Gotta live life that way. I am hearing rumors that the crew I am working out with is gonna hop back on 5/3/1 soon so I am looking forward to that. Definitely a solid program. Gonna have to read through the one for Powerlifting again and interested in what is different in the 2nd edition.

The 2nd Edition is a lot of regurgitated information from the original edition. The additions are the different templates for the 5/3/1, including the 3/5/1, training for mass, training for strength, training for conditioning, etc. In the end, each template is just tweaked a bit but the same principles stand. Its nothing you can tweak yourself. I'm actually pretty stoked to start it up again. Earlier this week, I did squats. I hit my weight for the recommended 5 reps and then went onto leg press. My legs were shot after the 2nd set, but I did a few more. And it felt good to rep out on the lying leg curl, getting somewhat of a pump in my legs. Two days later, I had DOMS in my legs, which hasn't happened in like a year. Good stuff.

Theonidus
06-01-12, 3:01 pm
I almost regretted buying the 2nd edition until I happened across the template mentioned above. Having the percentages for the most effective (in my opinion) assistance exercises is extremely helpful for someone like me who doesn't understand anything until it's in an Excel spreadsheet.

smoothballer
06-01-12, 3:42 pm
The 2nd Edition is a lot of regurgitated information from the original edition. The additions are the different templates for the 5/3/1, including the 3/5/1, training for mass, training for strength, training for conditioning, etc. In the end, each template is just tweaked a bit but the same principles stand. Its nothing you can tweak yourself. I'm actually pretty stoked to start it up again. Earlier this week, I did squats. I hit my weight for the recommended 5 reps and then went onto leg press. My legs were shot after the 2nd set, but I did a few more. And it felt good to rep out on the lying leg curl, getting somewhat of a pump in my legs. Two days later, I had DOMS in my legs, which hasn't happened in like a year. Good stuff.

I feel ya. Since I hopped off of Westside I have had some wicked DOMS in my hams.

Found this little gem for 5/3/1 that spits out PDFs of the main lifts: http://grigaitis.net/5/3/1/

Aggression
06-01-12, 3:44 pm
I feel ya. Since I hopped off of Westside I have had some wicked DOMS in my hams.

Found this little gem for 5/3/1 that spits out PDFs of the main lifts: http://grigaitis.net/5/3/1/

That's pretty sweet ^

smoothballer
06-01-12, 3:47 pm
That's pretty sweet ^

Yeah the dude put some solid work in that site.

RedlegDbell
06-01-12, 8:52 pm

Ditto. Nice find SB.

Steve

Aggression
06-04-12, 8:47 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage (SM) + 1/2s UWP (Strawberry)

Bench: 200x5, 230x5, 260x5
DB Press: 4x8-10
Kroc Rows: 2x20
DB Row: 1x8
Cardio: 20min

Aggression
06-04-12, 8:51 am
Friend's Garage Gym
Toms River, NJ

preWO: Rage (OJ) + IsoWhey (Vanilla)

Deads: 285x5, 325x5, 370x5
--
CrossFit
Tag Team Style; 100 reps combined for each exercise
- KettleBell Swings
- Lat Pulldown
- Log Press
- Seated Row
- Situps
- Pushups
- Air Squats
- Prowler Pushes (did sprints each to finish the day)

Here's a video of my bench workout from last Saturday, 5/26, and this weekend's deads

http://youtu.be/hCf_g707LeI

Aggression
06-04-12, 9:05 am
The finisher for Saturday's workout:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/db700bd2.jpg

N. Motta
06-04-12, 11:40 am
The finisher for Saturday's workout:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/db700bd2.jpg

Oh SHIT! What is this evil looking device? Cross between a prowler and a sled?

Aggression
06-04-12, 11:47 am
Oh SHIT! What is this evil looking device? Cross between a prowler and a sled?

Technically its called the 'Dog Sled'. We've used it to prowl, pull, etc. Very versatile.

http://www.roguefitness.com/dog-sled.php

N. Motta
06-04-12, 12:11 pm
Technically its called the 'Dog Sled'. We've used it to prowl, pull, etc. Very versatile.

http://www.roguefitness.com/dog-sled.php

That's fuckin bad ass. I actually picked up their Dog Bone attachment for chins. Brutal.

Aggression
06-05-12, 8:42 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage (SM)/UWP (SB)

Dynamic Warmup on Bike
Squats: 285x5, 325x3, 365x5
Leg Curl: 5x8-12
Back Ext: 2x15
Cardio; 1 mile jog around parking lot of gym

~Still getting acclimated to higher reps, but its getting easier. Hitting 365x5 was a PR, considering I've never done it for more than 1 rep. Standing Military Press tonight; #BOOM.

J-Dawg
06-05-12, 8:51 am
365 x 5 -- Nice!

Nix0r
06-05-12, 9:42 am
Shiiiiiiiiit. That's all I can really say.

Polk17
06-05-12, 10:29 am
There's nothing better than taking weights only previously singled and telling shit out...

Kowboy
06-05-12, 10:33 am
Nice work, 365x5 is badass!

Polk17
06-05-12, 10:39 am
There's nothing better than taking weights only previously singled and telling shit out...

Repping****

Altered Beast
06-05-12, 12:32 pm
Getting HOOGE or what, Agg?

Aggression
06-05-12, 12:40 pm
365 x 5 -- Nice!

Catching up to you, brahomie.

Shiiiiiiiiit. That's all I can really say.

Fuckin' a.

No doubt. Every other time 365 was on my back, it was just a single rep acclimation set. Felt different, in a positive way, to bury it 5 times.

Nice work, 365x5 is badass!

Thanks, T. Definitely liking the sensation of more reps.

Getting HOOGE or what, Agg?

Shiiiiiiiit. Where the fuck you been, bro? Good to see ya around these parts again.

Kowboy
06-05-12, 12:46 pm
I have had to check the ego on squats and lighten up quite a bit doing ATG squats but I think the end result will be better. I just can't wait to cross that 315 mark first.

Aggression
06-05-12, 1:03 pm
I have had to check the ego on squats and lighten up quite a bit doing ATG squats but I think the end result will be better. I just can't wait to cross that 315 mark first.

When your form is finally on point, your weights will explode up. Trust. I struggled with getting to 275 for a LONG TIME. I went back to the lab, reworked my squat form, stayed with 135/185 for a few weeks and slowly moved up. I got to 315 in no time at all and eventually ended up repping it about a year after I was barely able to get it for one. Once your form is right, everything clicks. It'll come quick.

Kowboy
06-05-12, 1:05 pm
I still think I need to get w/ someone around here on form but I know enough to get it done (I think). At the least I know enough to not hurt myself lol.

Altered Beast
06-05-12, 1:39 pm
Catching up to you, brahomie.

Shiiiiiiiit. Where the fuck you been, bro? Good to see ya around these parts again.

Life has been crazy yet exciting! I'm back for good. Thanks!

Aggression
06-05-12, 3:17 pm
I still think I need to get w/ someone around here on form but I know enough to get it done (I think). At the least I know enough to not hurt myself lol.

Do you have the 5/3/1 manual?

Life has been crazy yet exciting! I'm back for good. Thanks!

Awesome. Glad to hear that.

Aggression
06-05-12, 3:19 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage (SM) w/ UWP (Straw)

Dynamic DB Warmup
Standing Military Press: warmups, 140x5, 160x3, 185x7 PR
DB Laterals: 2x10
Pullups: 3xF

postWO: EAA Nitro/IsoWhey/Creatine/Cake

J-Dawg
06-05-12, 3:40 pm
Good work today A. PRs all around!

Aggression
06-05-12, 3:58 pm
Good work today A. PRs all around!

When J-Dawg and Aggression enter the room, PRs are set.

Nix0r
06-05-12, 4:02 pm
And this is the best thread title ever.

J-Dawg
06-05-12, 4:02 pm
When J-Dawg and Aggression enter the room, PRs are set.

Haha, it does seem that way lately. It's all about stepping up our game and pushing harder that we thought previously possible.

N. Motta
06-05-12, 4:10 pm
185x7 PR

Shit man, that's fuckin strong.

Shukin
06-05-12, 4:22 pm
Another title change?
I haven't had a PBR in years.....

Aggression
06-05-12, 4:25 pm
And this is the best thread title ever.

I knew you'd appreciate it.

Haha, it does seem that way lately. It's all about stepping up our game and pushing harder that we thought previously possible.

No complaints here, haha.

Shit man, that's fuckin strong.

Thanks, brah. Haven't really done any shoulder pressing at all in about 12 months up until 2 weeks ago. So its a good starting point. I want to get a clean rep with 225, but then again, I don't like the idea of maxing out for a single on a standing shoulder press; too many things can go wrong and cause severe injury.

Another title change?
I haven't had a PBR in years.....

Try to keep up. And you're fucking up, haha.

Theonidus
06-05-12, 4:34 pm
Hit "subscriptions", found this thread title. Almost spewed water all over my computer. I approve.

Shukin
06-05-12, 7:11 pm
Try to keep up. And you're fucking up, haha.

When I have a beer it's Long Board ale or corona, I got some pine apple soaking in absolute for the weekend, great for post workout.

N. Motta
06-05-12, 7:51 pm
Thanks, brah. Haven't really done any shoulder pressing at all in about 12 months up until 2 weeks ago. So its a good starting point. I want to get a clean rep with 225, but then again, I don't like the idea of maxing out for a single on a standing shoulder press; too many things can go wrong and cause severe injury.

That's retarded. I'm jealous. First thing I thought was, he's got 225 in the tank for sure. But I hear you on not wanting to push it quite yet. That's the same mindset I would take.

RedlegDbell
06-05-12, 10:49 pm
This is why I love the 5/3/1. I've had the same thoughts with my squats. Keep killing it A and you'll be hitting 225 for 5 strict reps in 8-12 months.

Steve

Aggression
06-06-12, 8:37 am
Hit "subscriptions", found this thread title. Almost spewed water all over my computer. I approve.

Win.

When I have a beer it's Long Board ale or corona, I got some pine apple soaking in absolute for the weekend, great for post workout.

I like it.

That's retarded. I'm jealous. First thing I thought was, he's got 225 in the tank for sure. But I hear you on not wanting to push it quite yet. That's the same mindset I would take.

I'd love to try 225. But I feel that there's just too many things that can go wrong with a standing press. Maybe if I get to hitting 210-215 for a handful, then I'll try 225 for 2 reps or so. That's been a long time goal.

This is why I love the 5/3/1. I've had the same thoughts with my squats. Keep killing it A and you'll be hitting 225 for 5 strict reps in 8-12 months.

Steve

That would be LEGIT.

LayzieBone085
06-06-12, 9:08 am
New title rules

J-Dawg
06-06-12, 9:12 am
What kind of PR is on the menu for today?

Altered Beast
06-06-12, 9:16 am
You yanks can't laugh, but WHAT is a PBR? Some sort of ale?

Nix0r
06-06-12, 9:29 am

Pabst. Blue. Ribbon.

widdlewade44
06-06-12, 9:32 am
The Rogue sled looks awesome brother and congratulations on the squat and standing military press PRs! Moving big weights, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Hollow
06-06-12, 9:33 am
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage (SM) w/ UWP (Straw)

Dynamic DB Warmup
Standing Military Press: warmups, 140x5, 160x3, 185x7 PR
Pullups: 3xF

postWO: EAA Nitro/IsoWhey/Creatine/Cake

Cake! Now we're talking!

Aggression
06-06-12, 9:40 am
New title rules

Yes.

What kind of PR is on the menu for today?

PR for longest, most restful lunch-time nap?

Son .. I am disappoint.

Pabst. Blue. Ribbon.

since 1844.

Aggression
06-06-12, 9:41 am
The Rogue sled looks awesome brother and congratulations on the squat and standing military press PRs! Moving big weights, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks, my man.

Cake! Now we're talking!

Haha I was wondering if anyone would catch that. If was someone's birthday at the office so I had a slice postWO. Anabolic cake.

Altered Beast
06-06-12, 9:53 am
Son .. I am disappoint.

=\

I WILL figure this out!

Altered Beast
06-06-12, 4:49 pm
Pabst? What kind of concoctions do you yanks drink??? LOL!

Mr. Dead
06-06-12, 4:55 pm
*Is gettin' confused by all the title changes...*

Aggression
06-07-12, 8:57 am
=\

I WILL figure this out!

Pabst Blue Ribbon. An American Classic. Its one of the oldest beers to date. Its heavy. Not really delicious. Just a raw, manly beer, haha. And it's initials just fit very nicely into the phrase I created. I do in fact have a 12 pack of PBRs in my fridge.

Also, here's a hilarious PBR parody commerical

http://youtu.be/nGSN7JVg1yQ

*Is gettin' confused by all the title changes...*

mission = accomplished.

Altered Beast
06-07-12, 10:29 am
Pabst Blue Ribbon. An American Classic. Its one of the oldest beers to date. Its heavy. Not really delicious. Just a raw, manly beer, haha. And it's initials just fit very nicely into the phrase I created. I do in fact have a 12 pack of PBRs in my fridge.

Also, here's a hilarious PBR parody commerical

LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing! That is the funniest shit I've seen in a while!

Agg, I now support your log even more so than before.

Aggression
06-08-12, 8:44 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: RAGE/UWP

-1-
Dynamic warmup on Bike: 8min
Deadlifts: 135x2x5, 225x5, 275x5, 325x5, 370x3, 415x4 PR
Lat Pulldown: 3x10
Hyper Extensions holding KettleBell; 2x12
- stretch -

backload; california burger w/ fries, slice of boardwalk pizza (equivalent to prob 1.5-2 slices of regular pizza)

LayzieBone085
06-08-12, 8:59 am
Your on fire.
Any IHOP lately?

Shukin
06-08-12, 9:01 am

It's the original Red White and Blue, what could possible be bigger and better in Texas now?

Aggression
06-08-12, 9:07 am
Your on fire.
Any IHOP lately?

Funny you mention that. I was just thinking the same thing. I've been going to a particular bar lately b/c my girl works there and I have been watching the NBA playoffs. But over the past week or so, I've definitely been craving IHOP. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

J-Dawg
06-08-12, 9:08 am
Another PR--Me gusta

And I have a feeling today will bring upon a new PR for bench...

Aggression
06-08-12, 9:17 am
Another PR--Me gusta

And I have a feeling today will bring upon a new PR for bench...

Agreed.

Aggression
06-08-12, 9:20 am
In an effort to boost up my cardiovascular health and endurance, I've been doing morning cardio now. Instead of the alarm going off at 6am and hitting the snooze button through 630, I'll now wake up at 6am, throw on some shorts, and head outside. I've been doing 15-20min of jogging. I'll typically do 1mile and then do some interval sprints. Sure, it kinda sucks waking up and heading right out for cardio, but I'd much rather do that than have to do it AFTER work/training.

I'll be doing it 4x/week on my workout days. Right now, I'm training the 5/3/1, doing M, T, R, F. And then probably a crossfit workout on Saturday. So those 4 weekdays will be early morning running, then the big weights at night, and then no running W, S, Su. Feels good to get out there in the morning, fresh air, while the rest of the world sleep. Now if I only had any clue on running shoes ...

Shukin
06-08-12, 9:25 am
In an effort to boost up my cardiovascular health and endurance, I've been doing morning cardio now. Instead of the alarm going off at 6am and hitting the snooze button through 630, I'll now wake up at 6am, throw on some shorts, and head outside. I've been doing 15-20min of jogging. I'll typically do 1mile and then do some interval sprints. Sure, it kinda sucks waking up and heading right out for cardio, but I'd much rather do that than have to do it AFTER work/training.

I'll be doing it 4x/week on my workout days. Right now, I'm training the 5/3/1, doing M, T, R, F. And then probably a crossfit workout on Saturday. So those 4 weekdays will be early morning running, then the big weights at night, and then no running W, S, Su. Feels good to get out there in the morning, fresh air, while the rest of the world sleep. Now if I only had any clue on running shoes ...

You will be in "Jersey Shore" shape for sure!

i love the fact that you keep pushing your self out of your comfort zone, huge respect.

Altered Beast
06-08-12, 9:31 am
It's the original Red White and Blue, what could possible be bigger and better in Texas now?

We don't drink yankee horse urine! We drink Shiner Bock down here brother! Texas brewed and Mexican beers down ONLY (I like new belgium microbrewery in Colorado, its considered still part of the Republic)

Agg, glad to see you hitting PR's! Your skinny ass needs to diet? =)

Kowboy
06-08-12, 9:33 am
We don't drink yankee horse urine! We drink Shiner Bock down here brother! Texas brewed and Mexican beers down ONLY (I like new belgium microbrewery in Colorado, its considered still part of the Republic)

I had some shiner bock at Cattleman's in OKC, one of the best beers I have had for a long time.

Shukin
06-08-12, 9:36 am

I hear horse urine can give you an 800# squat! Only thing is you have to drink it straight from the the horse's spout.

Aggression
06-08-12, 9:38 am
You will be in "Jersey Shore" shape for sure!

i love the fact that you keep pushing your self out of your comfort zone, huge respect.

Out of my comfort zone is right, bro. Its fuckin' rough to be 230lbs+ out there trying to run a respectable mile, haha. But I plan to do it. When I was 205, I was able to run a sub-8min mile. No reason why I can't do that at 230. Just gotta be a fuckin' freak, that's all. Game on.

Diet? Last night's dinner was a burger, fries, and pizza, lol. No diet, my man. Just trying to get myself in respectable shape. You can be strong without looking sloppy.

Aggression
06-08-12, 9:39 am
We drink Shiner Bock down here brother!

I had Shiner Bock the other night. Pretty solid.

Aggression
06-08-12, 10:17 am
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/556470_803131561099_340436788_n.jpg

Altered Beast
06-08-12, 11:13 am
I hear horse urine can give you an 800# squat! Only thing is you have to drink it straight from the the horse's spout.

LOL! I am getting closer to 800 without going down that road....recently hit a 740 reverse band squat with no knee wraps!

Diet? Last night's dinner was a burger, fries, and pizza, lol. No diet, my man. Just trying to get myself in respectable shape. You can be strong without looking sloppy.

LOL! Dang, I guess I misunderstood. I read backloading somewhere, thought you were slimming it down. I agree, I have lost 5+ pounds myself! No more belly hanging over my belt line. The only bad part was having to purchase smaller sized gear =\

I had Shiner Bock the other night. Pretty solid.

Good man! Yes sir!

Aggression
06-08-12, 12:26 pm
LOL! Dang, I guess I misunderstood. I read backloading somewhere, thought you were slimming it down. I agree, I have lost 5+ pounds myself! No more belly hanging over my belt line. The only bad part was having to purchase smaller sized gear =\

Right. I'm doing backloading. Its not really a weight-loss diet. Its more of a revamp/recomp diet. So essentially, I should be able to stay around 225 while still eating burgers, pizza, and wings ... and wake up leaner. With the addition of conditioning/cardio, it'll be even better.

J-Dawg
06-08-12, 12:33 pm
http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Shh-No-Tears-Only-Dreams-Now-Rustled-.png

Aggression
06-08-12, 12:40 pm
SHHH NO TEARS, ONLY DREAMS NOW

LOL

Altered Beast
06-08-12, 1:50 pm
Right. I'm doing backloading. Its not really a weight-loss diet. Its more of a revamp/recomp diet. So essentially, I should be able to stay around 225 while still eating burgers, pizza, and wings ... and wake up leaner. With the addition of conditioning/cardio, it'll be even better.

Nice! Whatever works. Have you thrown Cuts into the mix?

Solid Dreams
06-08-12, 1:53 pm
man, I've been thinking about IHOP myself.

Great job on the PRs, especially the deads. cardio sounds like a plan although I dont think I could do it these days, at least outside.

RedlegDbell
06-08-12, 1:55 pm
You're killing it Bro. Hope NG and J-Dawg can hang with ya. Keep that PR train rolling A.

Steve

Aggression
06-08-12, 2:17 pm
Nice! Whatever works. Have you thrown Cuts into the mix?

Vinny G once said that there is no need for a fat burner. If you're dieting correctly and doing cardio, that's all you need. I'm trying this one out. Plus, I've never really seen much benefit from Cuts anyway.

man, I've been thinking about IHOP myself.

Great job on the PRs, especially the deads. cardio sounds like a plan although I dont think I could do it these days, at least outside.

I do it at 6am, when its a nice, cool, temp. Shorts and a T-shirt; perfect.

You're killing it Bro. Hope NG and J-Dawg can hang with ya. Keep that PR train rolling A.

Steve

J-Dawg is the one setting daily PRs. I gotta keep up with him.

Aggression
06-08-12, 2:22 pm
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/e5014262.jpg

time to lift

Altered Beast
06-08-12, 3:13 pm
Vinny G once said that there is no need for a fat burner. If you're dieting correctly and doing cardio, that's all you need. I'm trying this one out. Plus, I've never really seen much benefit from Cuts anyway.

Very true and I agree totally. Give it a go!

Sorry to hear that about Cuts! Nothing has worked better for me that Cuts. Strange how we are all truly so different.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/e5014262.jpg

time to lift

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Aggression
06-08-12, 4:33 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

-1-
Rotator Warmups; 2 sets
Bench Press; 135x2x5, 225x3, 295x1, 325x1, 350x1 PR
Rear DB Raises: 2 sets
Single Arm Tricep Ext w/ Grenade: 2 sets

http://youtu.be/XPxMYoUQMnI

J-Dawg
06-08-12, 4:38 pm
Yeah buddy! Great job on the big PR A.

N. Motta
06-08-12, 4:41 pm
Sick PR man

Altered Beast
06-08-12, 4:42 pm
Agg, you look TOTALLY different than you did a year ago! You've got hair and your far more muscular!

Aggression
06-08-12, 4:44 pm
Yeah buddy! Great job on the big PR A.

Thanks, J-Dawg. Props to you for constantly making me step my game up!

Sick PR man

Thank you, brahomie.

Agg, you look TOTALLY different than you did a year ago! You've got hair and your far more muscular!

HaHa. Yeah, I grew my hair out back in December. Needed something different. Thanks, my man. Trying to become more well-rounded and gain some more muscles.

RedlegDbell
06-08-12, 6:34 pm
Congrats A. Do you just throw in singles when you're feeling it, as you clearly were today?

Steve

Kowboy
06-08-12, 9:01 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

-1-
Rotator Warmups; 2 sets
Bench Press; 135x2x5, 225x3, 295x1, 325x1, 350x1 PR
Rear DB Raises: 2 sets
Single Arm Tricep Ext w/ Grenade: 2 sets

http://youtu.be/XPxMYoUQMnI

Nice lifting man, 350 is SICK!

LayzieBone085
06-09-12, 6:31 am
Loving the videos.

naturalguy
06-09-12, 8:51 am
Great job on the three-fitty Aggression, you are making some great gains and making me push my game

brick13
06-09-12, 9:38 am
Congrats on the PR Aggression! Looks like u got it pretty easy there too. Good shit brother, like the video!

Aggression
06-09-12, 10:08 am
Congrats A. Do you just throw in singles when you're feeling it, as you clearly were today?

Steve

Yesterday was '1' week on the 5/3/1, so it kinda fit into the plans anyway. I won't always go for heavy singles on the '1' week, but I was just feeling it today. I did 340 about 3-4 weeks ago and then tried 350 right after. It moved, but I knew I had gassed myself with the 340 so I wanted a fresh shot at 350. Next wave, I'll just do the '1' week for 1+ reps.

Nice lifting man, 350 is SICK!

One of those nice, rounded numbers, haha. Thanks.

Loving the videos.

Thanks, brah.

Great job on the three-fitty Aggression, you are making some great gains and making me push my game

Wouldn't have pushed 350 if it wasn't for the motivation from you, as well as G, J-Dawg, and C.Coronato. You guys make me elevate.

Congrats on the PR Aggression! Looks like u got it pretty easy there too. Good shit brother, like the video!

Thanks, my man. It definitely felt heavy as hell.

mcbeast
06-09-12, 11:55 pm
Strong work Adam.. & good lord you bench wide!

Aggression
06-11-12, 8:52 am
Strong work Adam.. & good lord you bench wide!

Middle finger on the rings when going for a one-rep max. Pinky finger on the ring/just inside the ring when doing all other bench work.

Aggression
06-11-12, 8:55 am
Friend's Garage
Toms River, NJ

After a full week of heavy training, I did a crossfit workout with 3 other friends ..

Each exercise was done for 1 full minute, as many reps as you can, and then on to the next exercise. A total of 5 exercises, 4 rounds, w/ a 60s break in between rounds.

Lat Pulldown
Sledgehammer swings
Air Squats
Kettle Bell swings
Bench Press

Kept a running tally on every exercise, every round for reps. I ended up winning the workout with a total of 499 reps, all said and done. Felt good.

Aggression
06-11-12, 3:27 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: .5s Shock w/ .5s Whey

Deload
Standing BB Press: 4 sets, working up to 135x5 using FatGripz
JM Presses: 3x10 using FatGripz
BB Curl: 3x8 using FatGripz

Kowboy
06-11-12, 6:35 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: .5s Shock w/ .5s Whey

Deload
Standing BB Press: 4 sets, working up to 135x5 using FatGripz
JM Presses: 3x10 using FatGripz
BB Curl: 3x8 using FatGripz

I love the FatGripz, they destroy my forearms.

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 1:54 pm
I love the FatGripz, they destroy my forearms.

BE A MAN and use Tyler Grips. Much much thicker.

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:03 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: 0.5s Shock w/ 0.5s UWP

Deload
Leg Curls: 2x15
Squats: barx2x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5
Leg Curls: 4x8
Abs: 4 x 15-20

*I like the deload weeks. For one, they enable you to still train while recovering. And since I'm not training 100%, I hit the office gym. This way, I'll head home after work and be done for the day. Not too bad for every 4th week. Off tomorrow (cardio pre-work), and then I'll most likely be doing Bench AND Dead deload on Thursday b/c I have a day-long golf outing on Friday and a typical XF workout Saturday.

J-Dawg
06-12-12, 3:29 pm
*I like the deload weeks. For one, they enable you to still train while recovering. And since I'm not training 100%, I hit the office gym. This way, I'll head home after work and be done for the day. Not too bad for every 4th week. Off tomorrow (cardio pre-work), and then I'll most likely be doing Bench AND Dead deload on Thursday b/c I have a day-long golf outing on Friday and a typical XF workout Saturday.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536124_282847048463611_179998025415181_629885_1108 330913_n.jpg

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:30 pm
Agg, how do you like the new ST? I've requested samples through both possibilities on the Uni site =)

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:35 pm
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536124_282847048463611_179998025415181_629885_1108 330913_n.jpg

Man I love this meme.

Agg, how do you like the new ST? I've requested samples through both possibilities on the Uni site =)

I like it. Very delicious, flavor-wise. And it definitely gets ya going. Win-win.

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:37 pm
I like it. Very delicious, flavor-wise. And it definitely gets ya going. Win-win.

It seems to be a Pump/Rage combo or something to that effect. How does it compare to Rage?

I've been taking Pump for 7 years daily now, would be hard to give up!

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:39 pm
It seems to be a Pump/Rage combo or something to that effect. How does it compare to Rage?

I've been taking Pump for 7 years daily now, would be hard to give up!

Not as big of a 'pop' as Rage when it comes to the stimulants, but that's b/c its not suppose to be. Shock is a complete preWO; stimulants, creatine, no, etc. Rage is purely stimulant. So it'll hit you hard in that area. I reserve Rage for Squat and Deadlift days. Shock is for Bench and MP.

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:46 pm
Not as big of a 'pop' as Rage when it comes to the stimulants, but that's b/c its not suppose to be. Shock is a complete preWO; stimulants, creatine, no, etc. Rage is purely stimulant. So it'll hit you hard in that area. I reserve Rage for Squat and Deadlift days. Shock is for Bench and MP.

No kidding! Rage is a bit too powerful for me to take on work evenings. I reserve it for Dynamic Effort Lower Days on Saturdays because they are so damn intense or I'm a bit hungover (sometimes).

How does it compare to the Stim pill in Rage? ST sounds like it may work great!

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:47 pm
No kidding! Rage is a bit too powerful for me to take on work evenings. I reserve it for Dynamic Effort Lower Days on Saturdays because they are so damn intense or I'm a bit hungover (sometimes).

How does it compare to the Stim pill in Rage? ST sounds like it may work great!

The stim pill in Rage? Rage is all stim pills. Not sure what you meant. Rage is more potent of a stimulant than Shock, plain and simple. It's all personal preference. If you want to get a bit hit of energy, rock with Rage. If you want your creatine, cell volumizers, and aminos, sip da Shock.

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:49 pm
The stim pill in Rage? Rage is all stim pills. Not sure what you meant. Rage is more potent of a stimulant than Shock, plain and simple. It's all personal preference. If you want to get a bit hit of energy, rock with Rage. If you want your creatine, cell volumizers, and aminos, sip da Shock.

*Stim pill in Pump, my fault! Trying not to lose too much sleep due to super powerful stims. The red pill in Pump doesn't keep me up.

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:50 pm
*Stim pill in Pump, my fault! Trying not to lose too much sleep due to super powerful stims. The red pill in Pump doesn't keep me up.

I would say Shock's stimulants are a bit more potent than that of Pump. I'd rank them like this, from least to most potent; Pump > Shock > Rage

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:53 pm
I would say Shock's stimulants are a bit more potent than that of Pump. I'd rank them like this, from least to most potent; Pump > Shock > Rage

Perfect! Thanks Agg. My body tends to process powders faster, pills have a slower releasing effect.

Would taking Pump (no stims) & ST be alright or is that overkill?

LayzieBone085
06-12-12, 3:56 pm
I agree shock is stronger > Pump

Aggression
06-12-12, 3:56 pm
Perfect! Thanks Agg. My body tends to process powders faster, pills have a slower releasing effect.

Would taking Pump (no stims) & ST be alright or is that overkill?

Overkill? Probably not. Unnecessary? I'd say so.

Altered Beast
06-12-12, 3:58 pm
Overkill? Probably not. Unnecessary? I'd say so.

Thanks.

Solid Dreams
06-12-12, 4:09 pm
I've been doing 2 scoops of shock. I don't really get energized, but I get that eyes open, focused feel.

J-Dawg
06-13-12, 10:14 am
Man I love this meme.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/koma-comic-strip-comixed-only-dreams-now-mel-gibson.jpg

Aggression
06-14-12, 8:58 am
I'll be doing my deadlift AND bench press deload today @ The U HQ. Its nice to have all the extra free time at night, post-work. As for cardio, I did a 1.5 mile run on Tuesday. This morning, I did 1 mile and then some sprints. When that alarm goes off at 545, I always want to say, 'fuck it'. But once I get out there in the street, all is well. Its a sense of satisfaction to be out there, while everyone sleeps, pounding the payment and putting in work. After about 20min of morning cardio, I come in and shower up. Done with cardio for the day and its only 630am.

- Bench and deads today, probably with 1 assistance exercise each.
- Golf outing tomorrow, which I'm stoked about
- No big plans for Saturday/Sunday, which is awesome.

Should be a good weekend.

Nix0r
06-14-12, 9:26 am
I like the way everything is looking. I too have jack shit to do this weekend, which is beyond rare for me. Definitely gonna make the most of it.

Altered Beast
06-14-12, 12:30 pm
Those are the best weekends EVER! When you can lounge around, eat good food, rest up, get caught up on shows and watch movies. Maybe even have cocktails or open a bottle of vino!

Mr. Dead
06-14-12, 12:38 pm
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2uw099E1v1rqw8dfo8_500.jpg

Aggression
06-14-12, 3:57 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Shock-T (HP) mixed with 1/2s UWP (SB)

DELOAD
Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets
Deadlifts: 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
Fly DB Fly: 3 sets
Bench Press: 135x5, 185x2x5

Deload is over. No training tomorrow. Most likely doing a XF workout Saturday. Back to heavy squats on Monday.

Mr. Dead
06-14-12, 4:00 pm
The Great Deload is over... There was much rejoicing...

Aggression
06-14-12, 4:07 pm
The Great Deload is over... There was much rejoicing...

And I am the host the rejoice, haha. Though it was a welcome deload. It was nice to train at work, get a pump but let the body rest up. Primed for next Monday's session.

JUGGERNAUT
06-14-12, 4:43 pm
good title if i may say so

Altered Beast
06-15-12, 10:33 am
Everyone loves the deload around here! Except me...

Altered Beast
06-17-12, 6:27 pm
Agg, notice the beer he is drinking =)

This is the funniest 3 minutes of any movie I have ever seen! The movie is very depressing, but it shows what so many people go through and the simple message from Hesher: SHIT HAPPENS, MOVE THE FUCK ON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsM89oSe6eM

I LOST A NUT!

Polk17
06-17-12, 6:43 pm

I certainly hope nobody around here "loves" the Deload, it is just a necessity for ppl who don't do the WestSide Method... Because if you go to failure or close 4x/ week, you need to take time to allow your body to recover and catch up... Those who do the WS Plan, have two lighter days a week, where the load is not significant, and you rotate ME Exercises, therefore you don't have to take regular deloads...

I personally HATE the Delaod, but it is needed...

LayzieBone085
06-17-12, 7:50 pm
Deloads are essential to growth. Just like filling out bodies with enough and necessary fuel Gotta do it!

Aggression
06-18-12, 9:03 am
good title if i may say so

'Naut approved. Awesome.

I certainly hope nobody around here "loves" the Deload, it is just a necessity for ppl who don't do the WestSide Method... Because if you go to failure or close 4x/ week, you need to take time to allow your body to recover and catch up... Those who do the WS Plan, have two lighter days a week, where the load is not significant, and you rotate ME Exercises, therefore you don't have to take regular deloads...

I personally HATE the Delaod, but it is needed...

Deloads are essential to growth. Just like filling out bodies with enough and necessary fuel Gotta do it!

I don't hate the deload weeks. I still train on the deload. I'm just not going balls out on the main movements. Accessory is still pretty intense. And I'm still putting in work while allowing the body and it's CNS to recover. One week. And now its back to heavier training tonight .. squats. As LB said, its essential to growth. A deload week is more beneficial than taking a legit week off.

Altered Beast
06-18-12, 10:15 am
No one liked the Hesher link =\ HE'S DRINKING PBR's!

Aggression
06-18-12, 12:38 pm
No one liked the Hesher link =\ HE'S DRINKING PBR's!

I just watched it now. Nice. Looks like its one of those tall cans, maybe a 18oz. niCCCCCe.

Kowboy
06-18-12, 12:41 pm
I can only drink Shiner Bock (which I can't really get here) and Yeungling (preferrably the Black and Tan). Sometimes I get crazy and grab a guiness but for me that is a winter beer. Right now I am not drinking at all because I am too damn fat and need to lose this pain in the ass gut.

Polk17
06-18-12, 12:45 pm
I don't hate the deload weeks. I still train on the deload. I'm just not going balls out on the main movements. Accessory is still pretty intense. And I'm still putting in work while allowing the body and it's CNS to recover. One week. And now its back to heavier training tonight .. squats. As LB said, its essential to growth. A deload week is more beneficial than taking a legit week off.

It's love/hate for me... Very necessary... I don't push assistance though, enough to get the blood going...

Aggression
06-18-12, 1:10 pm
I can only drink Shiner Bock (which I can't really get here) and Yeungling (preferrably the Black and Tan). Sometimes I get crazy and grab a guiness but for me that is a winter beer. Right now I am not drinking at all because I am too damn fat and need to lose this pain in the ass gut.

I don't attribute beer to a beer-belly. I attribute the beer-belly to the bad decisions one makes WHILE drinking beer; eating shit/greasy foods and/or pounding more beer. Each summer I make it a point to streamline the physique. I'll cut 10-20lbs while maintaining the mass. Its not a contest diet, but its still strict. However, during that whole diet time, I still have drinks. Its just not in excess. A beer or two here and there is fine. Just don't go out binging until 3am and end up at your local diner with a pork roll and cheese sandwich with a side of cheese balls. (Yeah, that was 100% a Jersey reference there).

It's love/hate for me... Very necessary... I don't push assistance though, enough to get the blood going...

Same here. I'll push the assistance, but not hard. Instead of grinding out 12 harsh reps, I'll pump out 8 easy and call it a set.

Kowboy
06-18-12, 1:30 pm
Hell I am married w/ 2 kids so the last time I went out was years ago. I just have to watch because i can sit around and knock back 8 like its nothing. Just a lot of wasted calories. I think once I get my weight down and som emuscle maybe I can get a little more free. I can barely stick to a diet so I just need to figure it out still.

Altered Beast
06-18-12, 2:05 pm
I just watched it now. Nice. Looks like its one of those tall cans, maybe a 18oz. niCCCCCe.

Alright! Trying to be funny here....I just can't deliver very well.

DEFINITELY bigger than a Tallboy (16 oz), could be a 24 oz!

LOL! Lay off the Mc.D's Treb!

P, you're behind! We are onto beer, bellies and fat ass food!

I don't attribute beer to a beer-belly. I attribute the beer-belly to the bad decisions one makes WHILE drinking beer; eating shit/greasy foods and/or pounding more beer. Each summer I make it a point to streamline the physique. I'll cut 10-20lbs while maintaining the mass. Its not a contest diet, but its still strict. However, during that whole diet time, I still have drinks. Its just not in excess. A beer or two here and there is fine. Just don't go out binging until 3am and end up at your local diner with a pork roll and cheese sandwich with a side of cheese balls. (Yeah, that was 100% a Jersey reference there).

Same here. I'll push the assistance, but not hard. Instead of grinding out 12 harsh reps, I'll pump out 8 easy and call it a set.

I agree! Agg, that plate you just described made me vomit in my mouth a little....

Deloading is still gay.

Hell I am married w/ 2 kids so the last time I went out was years ago. I just have to watch because i can sit around and knock back 8 like its nothing. Just a lot of wasted calories. I think once I get my weight down and som emuscle maybe I can get a little more free. I can barely stick to a diet so I just need to figure it out still.

Balls my friend. It boils down to the size of your testes. Make it happen!

LayzieBone085
06-18-12, 3:13 pm
Consistently on point in here.

Aggression
06-18-12, 3:29 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage/UWP

Leg Curl/Leg Ext Warmup; 20 reps of each, light
Squats: warmups, 275x3, 315x3, 350x7 PR
Leg Curls: 5 sets

Welcome back to heavier weights. Really ramped up the intensity today and it felt great. I was out of commission for a good 15min after that final squat set and then I hobbled over to the leg curl. I hit 365x5 on my '1' week last wave, so I know I needed to push the envelope and get more reps with this lighter felt. Forget DOMS. I had IOMS (immediate onset muscle soreness). #win.

J-Dawg
06-18-12, 4:04 pm
350x7 PR

Yes!!! You really pushed through those last few reps.

Altered Beast
06-18-12, 4:32 pm
IOMS = PR's! Nice work Agg!

Polk17
06-18-12, 5:54 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: Rage/UWP

Leg Curl/Leg Ext Warmup; 20 reps of each, light
Squats: warmups, 275x3, 315x3, 350x7 PR
Leg Curls: 5 sets

Welcome back to heavier weights. Really ramped up the intensity today and it felt great. I was out of commission for a good 15min after that final squat set and then I hobbled over to the leg curl. I hit 365x5 on my '1' week last wave, so I know I needed to push the envelope and get more reps with this lighter felt. Forget DOMS. I had IOMS (immediate onset muscle soreness). #win.

Solid bro... You know you are in for it when you are still working out and are already sore...

LayzieBone085
06-18-12, 7:44 pm
He lives up to his journal title! Oh yeah.

Aggression
06-19-12, 3:29 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: UWP/Shock-T

Rotator Cuff Warmup; 3 sets
Standing BB Press: warmups, 135x3, 155x3, 175x7
Pullups: 4xF
Dips: 4xF
Pushups; 1xF
Band Pullaparts: 2 sets

LayzieBone085
06-19-12, 4:01 pm
All day PR's!

Solid Dreams
06-19-12, 4:25 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

preWO: UWP/Shock-T

Rotator Cuff Warmup; 3 sets
Standing BB Press: warmups, 135x3, 155x3, 175x7
Pullups: 4xF
Dips: 4xF
Pushups; 1xF
Band Pullaparts: 2 sets

Nice work on them there presses bud!

smoothballer
06-20-12, 9:32 am
I see you and C got moved up to Watchmen. #Boom

I think that leaves me, Phil, and Dee as Henchmen.

Aggression
06-20-12, 9:37 am
All day PR's!

In a perfect world, haha.

Nice work on them there presses bud!

Thanks, SD. Felt strong.

I see you and C got moved up to Watchmen. #Boom

I think that leaves me, Phil, and Dee as Henchmen.

I don't even know what's going on, haha.