PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42

Aggression
01-22-13, 10:38 am
I'm liking this new plan.

Its nice.

i would honestly lower all your openers, you are opening so close to you 1rm. your first attempt should be so eghing you cantriple, something you can just destroy. you never want to struggle with, or just get your opener. where you open has no effect on where you end. so why open high. open low, destroy it, build confidence, then make a little bigger jump. 1st attempt is all about confidence

I am 100% confident in my SQ and BP opener. This is the first time I'm using knee wraps. And my training leading up to it was great. My possible 2nd attempt, 435, looked so easy it could have been my opener, but I'm playing it safe with low 400s. Should be a walk in the park. Same with my bench. As for deads .. not so confident. Based on your comment, I've lowered it a bit. Thanks for the input, Freak.

I wasn't at a real meet but at a set up one at my local gym to test maxes and learned this the hard way. I got cocky on my openers and screwed my whole day.

Aggs, I know you can kill it. 500 you can def hit man, you got this.

I was always told; your opener should be a weight that you'd be able to hit while dehydrated, hungover, fasted, and with the flu. I will forever abide by that protocol.

Kowboy
01-22-13, 10:59 am
I haven't been to a real meet this was my first time really trying to max out on all of them. I should have accounted for the strongman training I did before I went there lol

OklahomaMuscle
01-22-13, 9:42 pm
I was always told; your opener should be a weight that you'd be able to hit while dehydrated, hungover, fasted, and with the flu. I will forever abide by that protocol.

Just wanted to let you know I will be using this in the future, a great piece of advice, but the delivery is what drives it home...haha

So whats on the menu for the post-weigh in meal? I know you aren't cutting weight but hell you gotta do something epic...

Freakshowelite
01-22-13, 10:17 pm
It wasnt meant to sound like I doubt your abilities, but one of the biggest mistakes made by every powerlifter, including myself, is getting to ambitious with openers. From nubes to elite pros, its a problem. Its not where you open, its where you end. Good luck!

Aggression
01-24-13, 9:10 am
I haven't been to a real meet this was my first time really trying to max out on all of them. I should have accounted for the strongman training I did before I went there lol

haha, yeah, that may have had something to do with it.

Just wanted to let you know I will be using this in the future, a great piece of advice, but the delivery is what drives it home...haha

So whats on the menu for the post-weigh in meal? I know you aren't cutting weight but hell you gotta do something epic...

Honestly? I won't be anything exciting. You're right, I'm not dieting down, but I've been pretty much eating like an asshole lately (hence why I had to change it from 220>242), so I'm not even craving/excited for a huge post-weigh-in meal. Being that lifting starts at 930am and the venue is ~75min away, I actually got a hotel for Friday night. So I'll weigh in Friday night and have a decent meal; maybe like a burger and fries. Saturday morning I'll have a lighter/cleaner meal and then get ready to attack the weights. The best part is that I won't need to wake up at 6am to head up there. I can wake up, have a cup of coffee, watch some SportsCenter, head down for some breakfast, and get ready.

It wasnt meant to sound like I doubt your abilities, but one of the biggest mistakes made by every powerlifter, including myself, is getting to ambitious with openers. From nubes to elite pros, its a problem. Its not where you open, its where you end. Good luck!

Absolutely. I've been fortunate enough to have great people (including you) in my corner while I gear up for all my PL meets. Since day one, I've had experienced veterans of the platform giving me tips and advice, all of which I take into account. This forvm is great for that reason. Here I am, just an average joe PL'er, and I'm getting PL meet advice from a dude who is going to squat a G in The CAGE in a few weeks. Awesome. Thank you.

Aggression
01-25-13, 2:36 pm
I'll be weighin in tonight. Right now, I'm 239, so I should be fine. Got a hotel for the night, so the lady and I will be going up tonight, I'll weigh-in and then we'll have a big, solid dinner and relax. This way, I can wake up tomorrow literally AT the venue instead of waking up at 6-7am and driving at least an hour up. I'll be able to wake up, have some coffee, watch some TV, and just relax.

I'm out.

Altered Beast
01-25-13, 2:53 pm
Kickass!

Altered Beast
01-25-13, 2:56 pm
Please enjoy =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghxO90gtkm4

GUNS
01-25-13, 3:05 pm
I'll be weighin in tonight. Right now, I'm 239, so I should be fine. Got a hotel for the night, so the lady and I will be going up tonight, I'll weigh-in and then we'll have a big, solid dinner and relax. This way, I can wake up tomorrow literally AT the venue instead of waking up at 6-7am and driving at least an hour up. I'll be able to wake up, have some coffee, watch some TV, and just relax.

I'm out.

I see two things here you said! Getting a room, and relaxing! Now, I don't think this can happen with the lady, and a hotel room! Lol!

Good luck Agg!

smoothballer
01-25-13, 3:08 pm
Good Luck this weekend bro

Aggression
01-27-13, 10:33 am
Kickass!

boots2asses

Please enjoy =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghxO90gtkm4

haha always a classic

I see two things here you said! Getting a room, and relaxing! Now, I don't think this can happen with the lady, and a hotel room! Lol!

Good luck Agg!

touche`

Good Luck this weekend bro

thanks, bro

Aggression
01-27-13, 10:51 am
The hotel,while still a good decision, did not supply a good night's sleep. The fucking heater unit was busted. I had the thing turned 'OFF', yet the thing kept turning on every 2min for 8s (yeah, we timed it) and turned off. I fixed it, slightly, to extend it to every 30min. But fuck. Woke up and went downstairs to check out and have breakfast with some of the guys; Enforcer, P Diesel, CC and his girl, and my girl. Fuel. Then it was time to do work.

I don't get pumped up. I'm not one to scream, snarl, get nuts, or anything like that. I'm almost in a meditative state when I lift. I nonchalantly walk around the room in a very calm manner. And then I get under the bar, focus, take a breathe, and do what I do. And I did what I wanted to do yesterday ..

SQ:
Opener - 405: Good Lift
Wanted to open light and get in the books to start the day. Wrapped up, squatted, done. #boom. The meet was underway.
445: Good Lift
My previous meet PR was 425, no wraps. This was just another stepping stone here. Called for it, squatted it, easy, #boom. As I walked off the platform, people were telling me to put some weight on the bar. As I walked off, I talked with BigD. I asked him what he thought. He just held up 5 fingers. At first, I thought he was fucking nuts. Never had more than 445 on my back, straight weight. That was already a 20PR. And that was his point. I had already hit a PR and then he threw in the question of, 'Aren't you here to lift heavy?'. Well, that pretty much sealed it. I called it in and then he kept telling me to sit down and relax.
500; no lift
Bar was loaded. I was confident and actually a little psyched up. Got under the bar and stood up. With wraps, I've been a little more confident when it comes to how the weight feels on my back. Knowing I get a good rebound with the wraps, I shake the idea of 'this is too heavy'. Took a deep breathe, went down, and never came back up. I descended too fast. I am happier that I tried 500 than successfully hitting 470 or something like that. In all reality, this was probably my highlight of the day. I tried to squat 500.

BP
Opener - 300: Good lift
Wanted to open light, again. Smashed this.
335: Good lift
This was a 10lb PR here. This was my planned 2nd attempt. Smashed it, though it wasn't 'easy'. But apparently it was to everyone else, because again, getting off the platform, all the spotters and callers told me to add more weight to the bar. Let's go as planned ...
350: Good lift
This was my meet goal. I wanted 350. As I approached the lift, I realized I hadn't used any leg drive in my previous 2 attempts, so I made it a point to hit that here. And wow, what a difference. A little leg drive and this 350 felt easier than the 300 opener. The one judge yelled at me yet again that I should have added more weight. I told her it was a 25lb PR and she's like .. 'Well, you should have went for a 50lb PR'. I feel I easily had 365 in me. Wow.

DL
Opener - 425: Good lift
Went conservative here. The dead is something I'm least confident in with the big 3, so I just wanted to hit my overall goal and get into the books.
475; Good lift
Didn't go up as easy as I wanted, but it went up. With 485 as my best meet pull, I was going for 505 here. No question. Load it up.
505: Good lift
Knowing 500lbs was more psychological than physical, I called for 505 instead. This was the one lift I actually got pumped up for. Set my feet, sunk the hips, pulled the slack (all things BigD was yelling as I went through my setup), I yanked .. and yanked .. and yanked. Felt like a long lift. It was a struggle, but I wasn't dropping that bar. No way. Successful. Monkey is no longer on the back.

Ended up with a 1300 total, which is 65lbs more than my previous comp total. Hit 4 total PRs. Couldn't have done it without the coaching and help from BigD, Kemble, and Skiba. The rest of the guys; NG, J-Dawg, CC, Diesel, Enforcer, P Diesel, and T-Dirty, they all helped fuel my lifts. It was a great group of guys reppin' the U/Animal brand and I was proud to be among them yesterday. Ended up placing 1st in the 242 Amateur Open Raw Modern Class.

My videos are spread across a few devices. And the U HQ camera has everyone's lifts. Shukin too (many thanks to him for taping and keeping the forvm updated). I'll probably get a video together by week's end.

Resting up and relaxing today. Eating up. Recovering. This coming week will be a rest/deload week. No weights, no diets. A mental break. And then we start the next journey. What happens next .... ?

freighttraindane
01-27-13, 12:59 pm
The hotel,while still a good decision, did not supply a good night's sleep. The fucking heater unit was busted. I had the thing turned 'OFF', yet the thing kept turning on every 2min for 8s (yeah, we timed it) and turned off. I fixed it, slightly, to extend it to every 30min. But fuck. Woke up and went downstairs to check out and have breakfast with some of the guys; Enforcer, P Diesel, CC and his girl, and my girl. Fuel. Then it was time to do work.

I don't get pumped up. I'm not one to scream, snarl, get nuts, or anything like that. I'm almost in a meditative state when I lift. I nonchalantly walk around the room in a very calm manner. And then I get under the bar, focus, take a breathe, and do what I do. And I did what I wanted to do yesterday ..

SQ:
Opener - 405: Good Lift
Wanted to open light and get in the books to start the day. Wrapped up, squatted, done. #boom. The meet was underway.
445: Good Lift
My previous meet PR was 425, no wraps. This was just another stepping stone here. Called for it, squatted it, easy, #boom. As I walked off the platform, people were telling me to put some weight on the bar. As I walked off, I talked with BigD. I asked him what he thought. He just held up 5 fingers. At first, I thought he was fucking nuts. Never had more than 445 on my back, straight weight. That was already a 20PR. And that was his point. I had already hit a PR and then he threw in the question of, 'Aren't you here to lift heavy?'. Well, that pretty much sealed it. I called it in and then he kept telling me to sit down and relax.
500; no lift
Bar was loaded. I was confident and actually a little psyched up. Got under the bar and stood up. With wraps, I've been a little more confident when it comes to how the weight feels on my back. Knowing I get a good rebound with the wraps, I shake the idea of 'this is too heavy'. Took a deep breathe, went down, and never came back up. I descended too fast. I am happier that I tried 500 than successfully hitting 470 or something like that. In all reality, this was probably my highlight of the day. I tried to squat 500.

BP
Opener - 300: Good lift
Wanted to open light, again. Smashed this.
335: Good lift
This was a 10lb PR here. This was my planned 2nd attempt. Smashed it, though it wasn't 'easy'. But apparently it was to everyone else, because again, getting off the platform, all the spotters and callers told me to add more weight to the bar. Let's go as planned ...
350: Good lift
This was my meet goal. I wanted 350. As I approached the lift, I realized I hadn't used any leg drive in my previous 2 attempts, so I made it a point to hit that here. And wow, what a difference. A little leg drive and this 350 felt easier than the 300 opener. The one judge yelled at me yet again that I should have added more weight. I told her it was a 25lb PR and she's like .. 'Well, you should have went for a 50lb PR'. I feel I easily had 365 in me. Wow.

DL
Opener - 425: Good lift
Went conservative here. The dead is something I'm least confident in with the big 3, so I just wanted to hit my overall goal and get into the books.
475; Good lift
Didn't go up as easy as I wanted, but it went up. With 485 as my best meet pull, I was going for 505 here. No question. Load it up.
505: Good lift
Knowing 500lbs was more psychological than physical, I called for 505 instead. This was the one lift I actually got pumped up for. Set my feet, sunk the hips, pulled the slack (all things BigD was yelling as I went through my setup), I yanked .. and yanked .. and yanked. Felt like a long lift. It was a struggle, but I wasn't dropping that bar. No way. Successful. Monkey is no longer on the back.

Ended up with a 1300 total, which is 65lbs more than my previous comp total. Hit 4 total PRs. Couldn't have done it without the coaching and help from BigD, Kemble, and Skiba. The rest of the guys; NG, J-Dawg, CC, Diesel, Enforcer, P Diesel, and T-Dirty, they all helped fuel my lifts. It was a great group of guys reppin' the U/Animal brand and I was proud to be among them yesterday. Ended up placing 1st in the 242 Amateur Open Raw Modern Class.

My videos are spread across a few devices. And the U HQ camera has everyone's lifts. Shukin too (many thanks to him for taping and keeping the forvm updated). I'll probably get a video together by week's end.

Resting up and relaxing today. Eating up. Recovering. This coming week will be a rest/deload week. No weights, no diets. A mental break. And then we start the next journey. What happens next .... ?

Great fucking meet Adam! Way to get out there and take care of business

Aggression
01-28-13, 8:48 am
Great fucking meet Adam! Way to get out there and take care of business

Thanks, D. Now its on to the next challenge ...

Shukin
01-28-13, 8:59 am
You did great! I know what you mean about that hotel, although the room looked very nice, the shower wouldn't get warm, the heater was annoyingly loud, I slept like crap. When I woke up and made coffee I was thinking to my self, I'd hate to have to compete after that sleep.....Well done.

Should I post the video here as well?

Respect,
Shukin

Aggression
01-28-13, 9:03 am
You did great! I know what you mean about that hotel, although the room looked very nice, the shower wouldn't get warm, the heater was annoyingly loud, I slept like crap. When I woke up and made coffee I was thinking to my self, I'd hate to have to compete after that sleep.....Well done.

Should I post the video here as well?

Respect,
Shukin

Sure. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to take/put together video for me and the rest of us.

And yeah, that hotel was definitely a dive. But then again, what did we expect? It was a one-hitter hotel in Newark, NJ, right next to the airport .. haha.

Shukin
01-28-13, 9:06 am
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to take/put together video for me and the rest of us.

And yeah, that hotel was definitely a dive. But then again, what did we expect? It was a one-hitter hotel in Newark, NJ, right next to the airport .. haha.

Not a problem at all, I love watching these events, you can't even go to the movies for $10 anymore...

insult to injury on the hotel, they charge you for parking! WTF is that?

I stayed about 20 mins down the road for my strongman comp on the 12, really nice.....live and learn.

Shukin
01-28-13, 9:08 am
http://youtu.be/b15fUy_XcVw

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 9:15 am
65 Meet PR?????? NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!

Aggression
01-28-13, 9:34 am
Not a problem at all, I love watching these events, you can't even go to the movies for $10 anymore...

insult to injury on the hotel, they charge you for parking! WTF is that?

I stayed about 20 mins down the road for my strongman comp on the 12, really nice.....live and learn.

Yup. What ya gonna do? At least we know for next year, haha.

65 Meet PR?????? NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!

Yessir. Gotta do better next time. Never satisfied.

Aggression
01-28-13, 9:35 am
Back at it today at the U HQ. Yesterday was painful. Lower back overall body was thrashed. I feel a little better today, but still sore as hell, especially in the lower back region. Plan is to just relax and regroup over the next few days. Lighter/cleaner food intake, no training, maybe some restorative work. And then the next phase of the journey begins.

smoothballer
01-28-13, 1:13 pm
Huge Congrats on the meet Aggs. Serious Progress my friend.

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 1:24 pm
Back at it today at the U HQ. Yesterday was painful. Lower back overall body was thrashed. I feel a little better today, but still sore as hell, especially in the lower back region. Plan is to just relax and regroup over the next few days. Lighter/cleaner food intake, no training, maybe some restorative work. And then the next phase of the journey begins.

Whats the next phase?

Aggression
01-28-13, 1:32 pm
Huge Congrats on the meet Aggs. Serious Progress my friend.

Thanks, bro.

Whats the next phase?

CarbNite until the Arnold; shed fat. Then, back to legit backloading. Goal is to break my current 242 PRs as a 220, coming in much leaner and stronger.

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 1:39 pm
Thanks, bro.

CarbNite until the Arnold; shed fat. Then, back to legit backloading. Goal is to break my current 242 PRs as a 220, coming in much leaner and stronger.

Nice Adam, I have been running CarbNite and the Cube method for a little while now. Love the results on CarbNite. Its a bit of an adjustment, but it works!

Aggression
01-28-13, 1:46 pm
Nice Adam, I have been running CarbNite and the Cube method for a little while now. Love the results on CarbNite. Its a bit of an adjustment, but it works!

I don't have the CarbNite book, but I do have the CarbBackloading book. From what I understand, CarbNite is basically no carbs at all and then do a 'backload' every 5-7 days or so, correct?

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 1:49 pm
I don't have the CarbNite book, but I do have the CarbBackloading book. From what I understand, CarbNite is basically no carbs at all and then do a 'backload' every 5-7 days or so, correct?

Yeah that's basically it, no carbs for 9.5 days, then a ton of carbs that night. then no carbs for 4.5 days at the minimum, then carb up again

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 2:01 pm
I may have to give CarbNite a go before my future wedding! I've been told it works great for bigger guys.

I guess I need to stop being cheap and buy the book.

Aggression
01-28-13, 2:03 pm
Yeah that's basically it, no carbs for 9.5 days, then a ton of carbs that night. then no carbs for 4.5 days at the minimum, then carb up again

Bingo

I may have to give CarbNite a go before my future wedding! I've been told it works great for bigger guys.

I guess I need to stop being cheap and buy the book.

I feel it'll work perfectly with me. I LOVE carbs but my body HATES them, haha. So I feel it'll be a perfect match. I'll do that while leading into the Arnold. Post-Arnold, I'll go back to CBL.

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 2:09 pm
Bingo

I feel it'll work perfectly with me. I LOVE carbs but my body HATES them, haha. So I feel it'll be a perfect match. I'll do that while leading into the Arnold. Post-Arnold, I'll go back to CBL.

I'm just curious as to how well one can keep the weight off when they go back to their normal eating habits.

Shukin
01-28-13, 2:28 pm
I'm just curious as to how well one can keep the weight off when they go back to their normal eating habits.

Not to be a dick, define "normal"

C.Coronato
01-28-13, 2:37 pm
Proud of you homie. That 500 is officially in the books. I know you've been gunning for it for a while now. Rest, recover, and back it for another big meet!

Aggression
01-28-13, 2:37 pm

I'll let you know at the Arnold! My plan post-CarbNite would be to backload with cleaner meals; lots of sticky rice instead of cakes and pastries. Also, I'll plan to keep up with cardio and stay no carb on off-days, all things I let loose with over the last few months. Prior to that, i was OK.

smoothballer
01-28-13, 2:44 pm

And at the Arnold...Max and Erma's/BD's/Brazilian Steakhouse

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 2:46 pm
and at the arnold...max and erma's/bd's/brazilian steakhouse

i'm in!!!!!!

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 2:47 pm
Not to be a dick, define "normal"

Previous eating habits. How is that my monk/future weekend roommate friend =)

I'll let you know at the Arnold! My plan post-CarbNite would be to backload with cleaner meals; lots of sticky rice instead of cakes and pastries. Also, I'll plan to keep up with cardio and stay no carb on off-days, all things I let loose with over the last few months. Prior to that, i was OK.

Much appreciated.

GSant434
01-28-13, 2:47 pm
Solid Solid work getting that monkey off your back A nice work.

That diet plan should yield some solid success A. I'm a week into the same transition myself. Left Lake Placid at 239.9 work up morning of the Carb Nite 229.8. Long road ahead but I think I'm shooting for for the 220s or maybe even 198 for May.

Shukin
01-28-13, 2:52 pm
How is that my monk/future weekend roommate friend =)

Just ordered iron underwear since I heard I was rooming with you.......lol

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 4:15 pm
Just ordered iron underwear since I heard I was rooming with you.......lol

I take that as a compliment! Didn't know you felt that way about me =)

JUGGERNAUT
01-28-13, 4:17 pm
I owe you a Calzone for the work put in and the total.

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 4:20 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggression
01-29-13, 8:59 am
And at the Arnold...Max and Erma's/BD's/Brazilian Steakhouse

Them damn hot pretzel appetizers at M+Es. Damn. Damn. And those warm chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Fuck dinner let's just do apps and desserts. BACKLOADING

i'm in!!!!!!

YES

Solid Solid work getting that monkey off your back A nice work.

That diet plan should yield some solid success A. I'm a week into the same transition myself. Left Lake Placid at 239.9 work up morning of the Carb Nite 229.8. Long road ahead but I think I'm shooting for for the 220s or maybe even 198 for May.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. I need a bit of a recomp, asap. Definitely got a bit carried away lately.

Better get one to me, asap. I'll be going carbless from Thursday on.

smoothballer
01-29-13, 9:10 am
Them damn hot pretzel appetizers at M+Es. Damn. Damn. And those warm chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Fuck dinner let's just do apps and desserts. BACKLOADING

Game On

Nix0r
01-29-13, 9:31 am

Oh God yes. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14689019/Songify%20Dayum.mp3

Aggression
01-29-13, 1:34 pm
Game On

Oh God yes. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14689019/Songify%20Dayum.mp3

#boom

Aggression
01-29-13, 1:38 pm
Looking to purchase a new PL belt.

I currently have a 10mm Inzer Forever Belt, double prong. Its OK, but I'm not in love with it. Would much rather have a 10mm with a single prong. And my Inzer belt is not very comfortable. Very stiff, even though I've used it for 2 years, heavily. Plus, I don't like Inzer's customer support. They're lackluster. This comes from personal experience as well as many others.

- ordered my original belt and it took over 2 months to be delivered
- ordered my singlet for my last meet and had to call 3 times in order to make sure it was shipped and to finally get a tracking number (cut it real close for my meet)

Looking at Bob's Belts: http://www.bobsbelts.com/belts.htm (Going with the regular original powerbelt, single prong).

Not sure yet, but leaning towards this. I've heard great things.

freighttraindane
01-29-13, 1:41 pm

I currently have a 10mm Inzer Forever Belt, double prong. Its OK, but I'm not in love with it. Would much rather have a 10mm with a single prong. And my Inzer belt is not very comfortable. Very stiff, even though I've used it for 2 years, heavily. Plus, I don't like Inzer's customer support. They're lackluster. This comes from personal experience as well as many others.

- ordered my singlet for my last meet and had to call 3 times in order to make sure it was shipped and to finally get a tracking number (cut it real close for my meet)

Looking at Bob's Belts: http://www.bobsbelts.com/belts.htm (Going with the regular original powerbelt, single prong).

I hear ya Aggs. I have an Inser belt too and no matter what I do I can't seem to break that bitch in at all.

Aggression
01-29-13, 1:44 pm
I hear ya Aggs. I have an Inser belt too and no matter what I do I can't seem to break that bitch in at all.

The new EliteFTS belt; http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=5653, is supposed to be superb. From what I've heard, its basically already broken in when you get it, but I don't like the tan color they offer. If I'm going to spend $100+ bucks on a belt, I want it to my specifications; thickness and color.

freighttraindane
01-29-13, 1:48 pm
The new EliteFTS belt; http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=5653, is supposed to be superb. From what I've heard, its basically already broken in when you get it, but I don't like the tan color they offer. If I'm going to spend $100+ bucks on a belt, I want it to my specifications; thickness and color.

Yeah no doubt, its something you should be able to customize, I don't mind the tan color though

Aggression
01-29-13, 2:08 pm
Yeah no doubt, its something you should be able to customize, I don't mind the tan color though

To each, their own. I'm a 'black' guy. I like everything black. As biggie said, 'It don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies dressed in white, I like black tims and black hoodies'. haha. Still up in the air, but leaning towards a fully customizable belt from Bob.

rainman
01-29-13, 4:56 pm
To each, their own. I'm a 'black' guy. I like everything black. As biggie said, 'It don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies dressed in white, I like black tims and black hoodies'. haha. Still up in the air, but leaning towards a fully customizable belt from Bob.

Toting guns and shooting dice? Those Bob's Belts look pretty cool. I may get myself one of the deadlifting ones, (with embroidery of course), when my redundancy settlement finally comes through.

Well done on breaking that 500lb pull by the way.

Shukin
01-30-13, 10:07 am
I don't like Inzer's customer support. They're lackluster. This comes from personal experience as well as many others.

I mean this with all sincerity, Animal's customer service is some of the best in any business. I will not buy anything from GNC or MHP because their customer service SUCKS! I know my boycott wont cause them to loose any sleep but that isn't important to me, what is important is if I can sleep knowing I made a sound decision.

Customer service is the foundation for any company, it is the customers who buy the products and use them, talk about them on the internet blogs and youtube......

sorry, got a bit carried away.

Altered Beast
01-30-13, 10:30 am
NEVER go through Inzer! Order through House of Pain and ask for "Joe".

I'll never use anything but an Inzer Forever belt. Best belt on the market guaranteed.

I just bought my homeboy an Inzer Forever Belt, 10mm Single Prong and he is absolutely in love with it.

*Remember, any REAL belt is going to be stiffer than most. I'm not sure what you and Dane are talking about, mine is comfy as a pillow! Must be a mental thing.

Shukin
01-30-13, 10:37 am
I just bought my homeboy an Inzer Forever Belt, 10mm Single Prong and he is absolutely in love with it.

I haven't gotten mine yet.....lol

GUNS
01-30-13, 10:38 am
The old Elite belt is awesome!

GSant434
01-30-13, 2:01 pm
It's weather like today that makes me wish I didn't leave my prowler back in my parents garage. Fail.

Big Wides
01-30-13, 2:19 pm

I have a Cardillo belt and it's the best belt that I've ever owned.

Altered Beast
01-30-13, 2:34 pm
It's weather like today that makes me wish I didn't leave my prowler back in my parents garage. Fail.

That is totally lame!

Aggression
01-30-13, 2:37 pm
Toting guns and shooting dice? Those Bob's Belts look pretty cool. I may get myself one of the deadlifting ones, (with embroidery of course), when my redundancy settlement finally comes through.

Well done on breaking that 500lb pull by the way.

Thanks, brother. Now that 500 is in the books, time to move onward and upward.

I mean this with all sincerity, Animal's customer service is some of the best in any business. I will not buy anything from GNC or MHP because their customer service SUCKS! I know my boycott wont cause them to loose any sleep but that isn't important to me, what is important is if I can sleep knowing I made a sound decision.

Customer service is the foundation for any company, it is the customers who buy the products and use them, talk about them on the internet blogs and youtube......

sorry, got a bit carried away.

I lift. I take supplements. I compete. So when someone calls into The U HQ for questions, they're getting me (or Christian). So you know they're getting some legit answers. Not some 'reading off the card' bullshit. I tell them real world shit that came from personal experience. I do what I can to help those who call in. Just don't catch me in that small gap between taking Rage and heading into the gym and try to ask me how to take Pak. I'll most likely be very angry and abrupt.

NEVER go through Inzer! Order through House of Pain and ask for "Joe".

I'll never use anything but an Inzer Forever belt. Best belt on the market guaranteed.

*Remember, any REAL belt is going to be stiffer than most. I'm not sure what you and Dane are talking about, mine is comfy as a pillow! Must be a mental thing.

Agreed. Inzer is garbage when it comes to CS support. Terrible. Too bad they have some pretty cool shit on their site, haha. And as Shukin said, though losing me isn't much to write home about, its when I (or others) get on a forum and begin talking. Word spreads. Seems like a lot of us have issues with Inzer and their service. I wonder how many out there agree.

Absolutely. I drove around with the windows down. My windows are open in my house today. I cleaned my car out. Not bad weather for taking a personal day today.

I have a Cardillo belt and it's the best belt that I've ever owned.

I've heard good things. I actually JUST purchased a belt from Bobs Belts. After talking with several people, NG and I have been discussing which route to go. We've made the purchase from Bob. Figured since it takes 6-10 weeks for delivery, we're better off pulling the trigger now in order to get it sooner. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll be the last belt I'll ever need (unless I go up to 275s, lol). In any event, I'll always have my current one on standby if I need a backup.

GSant434
01-30-13, 3:03 pm
That is totally lame!

Agreed she'll be making the next trip out to the shore

GSant434
01-30-13, 3:04 pm
Hopefully it'll be the last belt I'll ever need (unless I go up to 275s, lol). In any event, I'll always have my current one on standby if I need a backup.

Hmm that'd be some epic backloading

Nix0r
01-30-13, 3:21 pm
I lift. I take supplements. I compete. So when someone calls into The U HQ for questions, they're getting me (or Christian). So you know they're getting some legit answers. Not some 'reading off the card' bullshit. I tell them real world shit that came from personal experience. I do what I can to help those who call in. Just don't catch me in that small gap between taking Rage and heading into the gym and try to ask me how to take Pak. I'll most likely be very angry and abrupt.

Oh the temptation. But what if I ABSOLUTELY NEED to know the specific amount of Ornithine-AKG in Pump!?!

Altered Beast
01-30-13, 3:37 pm
Oh the temptation. But what if I ABSOLUTELY NEED to know the specific amount of Ornithine-AKG in Pump!?!

LOL!

Aggression
01-31-13, 10:32 am

I wish I was lying when I say I've dealt with those questions and those customers were very adamant about it making a difference.

Aggression
01-31-13, 3:40 pm
Getting antsy to get back into the gym. Hitting it up tomorrow. It'll be my 'bodybuilding' day. I plan on doing some shoulders, tris, bis, maybe some chest and/or back. Not sure. Just getting into the flow and then hopping on cardio. No set plans. Next week I'll start up again. No matter what I plan on doing, cardio will be implemented postWO.

OklahomaMuscle
01-31-13, 9:15 pm
Nice numbers at the meet kid, definitely killed it. on to the next one...

Aggression
02-01-13, 1:43 pm
Nice numbers at the meet kid, definitely killed it. on to the next one...

Always looking to improve. Never satisfied. Always hungry.

Aggression
02-04-13, 8:51 am
Pure Focus
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage/CarboPlus
intraWO: 32oz Gatorade
postWO: TorrentZero

Bike: 5min
Deficit Deads [using 35lb plates]: worked up to 3 sets of 2 w/ 385
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets
Good Mornings: 3 sets
Leg Curls: 2 sets
Abs: 2 sets
Cardio: 20min

*Didn't push it full throttle .. yet. The multiple sets/reps with heavy weight killed me. Haven't done more than one rep on anything heavy in at least a month. Its more of an endurance problem over strength. It'll all come together soon enough. I'll slowly ease into more working sets and more volume for assistance. Felt good to be tired/winded though.

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 8:55 am
Was that a CUBE training session? =)

Aggression
02-04-13, 8:57 am
Was that a CUBE training session? =)

It may have been, haha. Yeah, I started it off yesterday. But in no way, shape, or form is my body ready for that volume Cube requires. So I'm easing into it. Could I have ground out 2 more sets on the deads? Sure. But it was my first real session in the gym post-meet, so I wasn't going balls-out right outta the gate. Gotta be smart. After a week or two back in the gym, it should be game time.

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 8:58 am
It may have been, haha. Yeah, I started it off yesterday. But in no way, shape, or form is my body ready for that volume Cube requires. So I'm easing into it. Could I have ground out 2 more sets on the deads? Sure. But it was my first real session in the gym post-meet, so I wasn't going balls-out right outta the gate. Gotta be smart. After a week or two back in the gym, it should be game time.

Nice! Give it about 3 Weeks and you'll be handling the volume just fine!

Aggression
02-04-13, 9:00 am
Nice! Give it about 3 Weeks and you'll be handling the volume just fine!

I just noticed your signature reads 'RAW POWERLIFTER'. What's that about??!?!?

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 9:55 am
I just noticed your signature reads 'RAW POWERLIFTER'. What's that about??!?!?

Where the hell have you been? LOL!

Do you even read my log?

J-Dawg
02-04-13, 10:00 am
In for cube.

Aggression
02-04-13, 10:06 am
Where the hell have you been? LOL!

Do you even read my log?

Do I read it? Yes. Do I study every single post in detail? No. haha.

In for cube.

in for the lulz.

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 10:21 am
What is a lulz?

Aggression
02-04-13, 10:27 am
What is a lulz?

basically in for the 'lols' (laugh-out-louds) with our own spin on it; lol+s = lols = lulz. Inside joke type thing, I guess.

GUNS
02-04-13, 10:52 am
basically in for the 'lols' (laugh-out-louds) with our own spin on it; lol+s = lols = lulz. Inside joke type thing, I guess.

Hes from the land of steers and, yeah, he wont get it!

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 11:15 am

Whatever works!

Hes from the land of steers and, yeah, he wont get it!

Yeah the land that owns this country and keeps the planet spinning. Lets not get into why Texas is so fucking badass it makes everyone else sick =)

Aggression
02-04-13, 11:18 am
Yeah the land that owns this country and keeps the planet spinning. Lets not get into why Texas is so fucking badass it makes everyone else sick =)

Better than Jersey. Off the top of my head, I'll gladly take warmer temps through winter and the ability to pay much less in property taxes. I get raped.

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 11:37 am
Better than Jersey. Off the top of my head, I'll gladly take warmer temps through winter and the ability to pay much less in property taxes. I get raped.

Sorry to hear that! If y'all would physically march on your state houses and throw out one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, y'all would be better off!

Aggression
02-04-13, 12:11 pm
Sorry to hear that! If y'all would physically march on your state houses and throw out one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, y'all would be better off!

I was thinking more along the lines of packing all my shit up, selling my car, buying a bike and just cruising down into Mexico and set up shop there.

Nix0r
02-04-13, 12:15 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of packing all my shit up, selling my car, buying a bike and just cruising down into Mexico and set up shop there.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14689019/me%20gusta.JPG

Aggression
02-04-13, 12:28 pm

I was thinking more like ...

http://youtu.be/e4AfU99J3Lg

Mr. Dead
02-04-13, 1:08 pm
Nice work, at the meet...!!! How goes the Road to the Cage...???

Altered Beast
02-04-13, 1:42 pm

Damn! That's pretty hardcore!

LOL!

I was thinking more like ...

http://youtu.be/e4AfU99J3Lg

Awesome.

Aggression
02-06-13, 9:04 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach, NJ

preWO: ShockT/CarbMax
postWO: Torrent Zero

Bike warmup: 5min
Bench Press: worked up to 8x3 w/ 205#
Incline HS Press: 4 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets
Seated Tricep Pushdown Machine: 3 sets
Reverse Pec Fly: 3 sets

C.Coronato
02-06-13, 10:41 am
I like dat dere ending.

How did it feel? lol

Aggression
02-06-13, 11:04 am
I like dat dere ending.

How did it feel? lol

Had to lower the speed every once in a while due to the pain my ankles were in from walking at a brisk pace supporting 235lbs, haha. But felt good. Need to kick it up a notch b/c I know I can handle more. Heart rate, surprisingly, isn't that high.

OklahomaMuscle
02-06-13, 9:39 pm
Another brother getting into the CUBE. Definitely interested in how you progress. It has helped me tremendously, also like the supplementation around the training sessions. Reminds me that I need to step my supp. game back up. Keep rollin'

Aggression
02-07-13, 9:03 am
Another brother getting into the CUBE. Definitely interested in how you progress. It has helped me tremendously, also like the supplementation around the training sessions. Reminds me that I need to step my supp. game back up. Keep rollin'

I don't follow anything to the 'T'. The only thing I actually follow is the percentages laid out for the program, the 9 weeks, rotating, etc. A lot of these books often try to sell an entire lifestyle; training, supplementation, diet, etc. As we all know, supplementation, diet, and even training are individual. With CBL, Keifer recommended specific pre/intra/postWO drinks, all of which I never listened to. I love new information, so I'll read anything new I can get my hands on. And then I'll piece together my own, individualized program based on what I know works for me. You can never have enough knowledge.

Altered Beast
02-07-13, 9:40 am
I don't follow anything to the 'T'. The only thing I actually follow is the percentages laid out for the program, the 9 weeks, rotating, etc. A lot of these books often try to sell an entire lifestyle; training, supplementation, diet, etc. As we all know, supplementation, diet, and even training are individual. With CBL, Keifer recommended specific pre/intra/postWO drinks, all of which I never listened to. I love new information, so I'll read anything new I can get my hands on. And then I'll piece together my own, individualized program based on what I know works for me. You can never have enough knowledge.

That is what Brandon Lily wants. He only gives 1 sample 3 Week Wave in his book. The rest you formulate for yourself and train your specific weaknesses, etc.

At this point we should all know what works for us and how to program for ourselves. That is the point Brandon is pushing with this method and I really like that. He doesn't spoon feed you anything!

Aggression
02-07-13, 9:50 am
That is what Brandon Lily wants. He only gives 1 sample 3 Week Wave in his book. The rest you formulate for yourself and train your specific weaknesses, etc.

At this point we should all know what works for us and how to program for ourselves. That is the point Brandon is pushing with this method and I really like that. He doesn't spoon feed you anything!

Exactly. I like his approach, which is to find your own approach in the program.

Aggression
02-07-13, 11:04 am
I have just created the most epic CUBE EXCEL SPREADSHEET ever. All 9 weeks, mapped out. Good-bye to guess work and calculations.

Nix0r
02-07-13, 11:06 am
I have just created the most epic CUBE EXCEL SPREADSHEET ever. All 9 weeks, mapped out. Good-bye to guess work and calculations.

100000 hours in MSPaint.

I love creating little calculators for that stuff. I've built 'em for Coan's program, Juggernaut, 5/3/1, 3/5/1, blah blah fuckity blah...

freighttraindane
02-07-13, 11:06 am

Hell yeah, that's what i have from Lilly too. its nice not to have to think about it!!

GSant434
02-07-13, 12:19 pm

I may be requesting that of you in 8 weeks when I finish up the Jugg method and retest my maxes.

Ive also just realized that back closet at Pure Focus contains all kinds of goodies.

Aggression
02-07-13, 12:54 pm
100000 hours in MSPaint.

I love creating little calculators for that stuff. I've built 'em for Coan's program, Juggernaut, 5/3/1, 3/5/1, blah blah fuckity blah...

Yup. I'm not too experienced with Excel, but I know the basics to input formulas. Have it now so that all you do is input your 1RM and it'll automatically calculate your working #s (95% of 1RM), and it also automatically inputs the numbers for all 9 weeks. #boom.

Hell yeah, that's what i have from Lilly too. its nice not to have to think about it!!

Stress is done. Now that its all set up, I can use this for multiple cycles and just input new raw numbers. Now I have all 9 weeks mapped out. Just gotta go in there and do the lifting.

I may be requesting that of you in 8 weeks when I finish up the Jugg method and retest my maxes.

Ive also just realized that back closet at Pure Focus contains all kinds of goodies.

Anytime, my man.

And yeah, that back closet as the good stuff; safety squat bar, bands, thick squat bar, etc. Pure Focus stepped their game up since I left; new comp bench, deadlift blocks, deadlift jack, etc. I like.

Big Wides
02-07-13, 1:08 pm

100000 hours in MSPaint.

for me that's the hardest part of reading those methods and coming up with the working numbers.....kudos to you both

Aggression
02-08-13, 9:03 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach, NJ

preWO: 2s CarbMax/Rage
postWO: Nitro

Dynamic Warmups
BB Squats: barx2x5, 135x2x5, 225x3, 275x1, 315x8 REP PR
Leg Press: 2x10
Standing Single Leg Curl: 2x10
Reverse Hypers: 2x10
Abs: 4 sets

Aggression
02-08-13, 9:23 am
Prior to my meet, I ran the CBL diet. You all know this. Post-WO was basically a free-for-all. Anything I wanted. Pizzas, Chinese, Italian, ice cream, cookies, cakes, etc. I loved it. But I could tell I was overdoing it. So post-meet, I decided to clean it up. My carbs are still workout-based, but cleaner. Some carbohydrate powder preWO with Rage/Shock, Gatorade/Torrent intraWO and then postWO I've been having either rice or oatmeal w/ a banana and honey. I've been feeling a lot better in every sense. I thought going from one end to the other would be hard as hell. Eating whatever I wanted was going to be a hard habit to break, right? Wrong. In fact, its the opposite. Its almost too easy.

Since the meet, I've been pretty spot on. I planned on eating clean all week and then having an 'off day' on Sunday, letting me do/eat whatever I wanted. I also planned to give myself one cheat dinner mid-week (Wednesday). I figured that would be good enough to keep me sane and balance my life out a bit. However, this Wednesday came and went .. with no cheat dinner. Chicken and rice was served. Last night, I performed the above leg workout. High reps, more volume than I'm currently accustomed to, and cardio. Knowing I'm only eating roughly 150g carbs per day, I wanted to bring that up post leg workout, with recovery in mind. But I mentally fought myself. 'No, I can't eat that! I have to clean it up!'. I battled myself for an hour, deciding if I should eat the remaining Brownie Batter donut from Dunkin Donuts. In the end, I did. But it was a mental battle for the ages.

I just hope going from ~300g of mostly shit carbs to ~150g of clean carbs doesn't effect me in a negative way. Time will tell ...

GUNS
02-08-13, 9:26 am
Are you going to carb up pre-cage?

J-Dawg
02-08-13, 9:28 am
BB Squats: barx2x5, 135x2x5, 225x3, 275x1, 315x8 REP PR

YES.

Aggression
02-08-13, 9:28 am
Are you going to carb up pre-cage?

Most of us here at The HQ want to come in beefy at The Arnold. Me? I've been beefy. Too beefy. To be blunt, I'm not going to change my diet up in an act to look bigger just to be in the Cage for 3 days. I'll stay the course. I may start to implement high carb days on the days I know I'll need 'em for training. Should provide ample metabolism shock to keep things interesting as well. We'll see.

My overall plan of attack is long-term. I'm about 235lbs now. I want to get down to 210-220, lean. But not quickly. Slowly implement more cardio, high intensity cardio, low carb days, high carb days, cheat days, etc. I'm looking long term now, not just a quick fix. I was disgusted with my appearance at the meet a few weeks ago. Time to revamp.

GUNS
02-08-13, 9:34 am
Cool, I was thinking you might carb up for the strength aspect! 150g a day doesnt suck that bad, but could effect strength for the epic battle in the cage!

Aggression
02-08-13, 9:51 am
Cool, I was thinking you might carb up for the strength aspect! 150g a day doesnt suck that bad, but could effect strength for the epic battle in the cage!

So far, I'm doing OK at 150g. Last night was my first 'rep' training session I've done in months. And I hit a PR. So I'll keep the same protocol .. for now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We'll see what happens over the next coming weeks on my heavy and rep days. Also, I don't think about the carbs. I like pro/fat meals all day long. I eat a lot of fats, so that helps with hunger (and possibly strength). Each meal contains a serving of fats.

GUNS
02-08-13, 9:53 am
Gotcha!

Aggression
02-12-13, 8:52 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: ShockT/CarboPlus
intraWO: Torrent

Standing BB Press: worked up to 160x10
Standing DB Laterals: 3x10
Dips: 3 sets w/ added chains
Cable Curls: 3 sets
Hamstring Curls: 2 sets
Cardio: 20min HIIT

*Abs done in between all sets.

GUNS
02-12-13, 10:22 am
Team RED!

OklahomaMuscle
02-12-13, 9:15 pm

Crazy volume, doing the small things that lead to big numbers I see. Nice work A

Aggression
02-13-13, 8:42 am
Crazy volume, doing the small things that lead to big numbers I see. Nice work A

I hate doing abs. More specifically, I hate finishing up a routine and then realizing I have abs to do afterward. But I also know they play a vital role in the major lifts. Figure if I do 'em in between the main sets, the intensity will be there and I won't have to dread doing them postWO.

Aggression
02-13-13, 8:46 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage/CarbMax

Dynamic warmups
Deadlifts: 8x3 (290lbs) with ~30s rest between sets (4sumo/4conv, alternating 1:1 back and forth through all 8, no belt)
DB Rows: 3 sets, worked up to 90sx12, no chalk, no wraps, no belt; working on grip
Pull-Throughs: 3 sets
Abs: 1 set done between every set of last two exercises
Cardio: 20min HIIT

Felt phenomenal.

freighttraindane
02-13-13, 8:50 am
How was it alternating back and forth from sumo to conv?

Aggression
02-13-13, 9:02 am
How was it alternating back and forth from sumo to conv?

Great. I basically broke it down into 4 total sets. I did 3 reps sumo, 15s rest, 3 reps conventional, ~1min rest. Those 2 sets were paired together the whole way until I had 8 sets done. Felt great. Good pace, got the heart rate going, and got a good sweat on. In the end, I want to be great at both stances, so I will train both stances. And come heavy single day, we'll see what happens.

freighttraindane
02-13-13, 9:09 am
Great. I basically broke it down into 4 total sets. I did 3 reps sumo, 15s rest, 3 reps conventional, ~1min rest. Those 2 sets were paired together the whole way until I had 8 sets done. Felt great. Good pace, got the heart rate going, and got a good sweat on. In the end, I want to be great at both stances, so I will train both stances. And come heavy single day, we'll see what happens.

nice, i was thinking about doing the same thing going forward. Need to be strong in both

Nix0r
02-13-13, 9:28 am

I need to start doing this. It's only gonna help my crippled back get back into the swing of things to start hopefully squatting something worthwhile.

Altered Beast
02-13-13, 9:29 am
I need to start doing this. It's only gonna help my crippled back get back into the swing of things to start hopefully squatting something worthwhile.

Find a Reverse Hyper and start using it!

freighttraindane
02-13-13, 10:08 am

ditto, abs suck at the end of workouts. might have to try this

Nix0r
02-13-13, 5:15 pm
Find a Reverse Hyper and start using it!

I would absolutely love to have access to one. However, there isn't a place that is feasible for me to go to. I only have the super shitty LA Fatness.

The day will come when I have a house, and my own gym.

smoothballer
02-13-13, 8:49 pm
I would absolutely love to have access to one. However, there isn't a place that is feasible for me to go to. I only have the super shitty LA Fatness.

The day will come when I have a house, and my own gym.

Which will take more room the beer storage/brewing area or the gym?

Nix0r
02-13-13, 9:30 pm

Yes.

Altered Beast
02-14-13, 8:43 am

Save space and put them in the same area =)

Aggression
02-14-13, 8:47 am
Save space and put them in the same area =)

that would make the whole '#setPRsDrinkPBRs' much more accommodating. Pull a PR, walk 5ft, grab a pint of PBR, chug, crush can, pull another PR .. and so on ...

Altered Beast
02-14-13, 8:49 am
that would make the whole '#setPRsDrinkPBRs' much more accommodating. Pull a PR, walk 5ft, grab a pint of PBR, chug, crush can, pull another PR .. and so on ...

I like this idea very much.

Aggression
02-14-13, 8:58 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Rotator Warmups
Bench Press: worked up to 235x10 (all paused at bottom, fully locked at top)
DB Press: 3x8-10
Skullcrushers: 3x8-10
Seated Rear DB Laterals: 3x10

Nix0r
02-15-13, 8:55 am

Or just pull some samples from my fermenters. Homebrewing is beautiful.

Aggression
02-19-13, 9:16 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Squats: barx2x5, 135x2x5, 225x5, 295x1, 335x1, 360x5x2 (reads five sets of two)
Rack Squat lockouts: 4x6-8 (up to 500lbs)
GHR: 3 sets
Back Extensions: 3 sets
Abs: sets in between accessory sets
Cardio: 20min HIIT on stepmill.

Aggression
02-19-13, 9:18 am
Friend's Garage
Toms River NJ

preWO: Shock-T/CarbMax

Rotator Warmups
Standing Barbell Press: 130x3, 150x3, 170x9
Lying DB Tricep Rollbacks: 3 sets
--
Lat Pulldowns
DB Laterals
BB Curls
Situps
Jump Rope (50 reps, constant)
[all performed as a circuit; round1x20 reps, round2x15 reps, round3x10 reps, no break in between rounds)

C.Coronato
02-19-13, 10:15 am
I like the change up. High Volume and get the blood pumping. I still gotta make it over there to train.

Altered Beast
02-19-13, 10:48 am
Captain Agg! Did you see my first PR this week?

Aggression
02-19-13, 12:56 pm
I like the change up. High Volume and get the blood pumping. I still gotta make it over there to train.

The road ahead is long, but I know what I have to do. Been feeling really good lately; training heavy, then volume, then some HIIT cardio. Recomp in progress.

Captain Agg! Did you see my first PR this week?

Yessir. Makes me jealous, as well as pumped to get to my 10th week.

Mr. Dead
02-19-13, 1:05 pm
Nice work...!!! Definitely looks like the training for the road to the Cage is in full force...!!! And, digging the approach...

GUNS
02-19-13, 1:20 pm
Bench Press: worked up to 235x10 (all paused at bottom, fully locked at top)

You better be ready for more than that! Lol!

Aggression
02-19-13, 1:27 pm
You better be ready for more than that! Lol!

I will not be benching, haha. Haven't benched for reps in months. Haven't done anything for reps in months, haha. I did 225 for reps on bench 2 years ago in the Cage and got low 20s. No way I'd get that this time, haha.

Altered Beast
02-19-13, 2:34 pm
The road ahead is long, but I know what I have to do. Been feeling really good lately; training heavy, then volume, then some HIIT cardio. Recomp in progress.

Yessir. Makes me jealous, as well as pumped to get to my 10th week.

Nice! I need to add in some additional cardio to my training on some training days and and some off days.

The test week is going a psychotic blast the for time around! You will be foaming at the mouth.

Enforcer
02-19-13, 3:29 pm
Team Yellow is gonna run shit at the Cage brotha, lookin forward to it and gettin to spend the weekend with the boys

Aggression
02-19-13, 4:00 pm
Nice! I need to add in some additional cardio to my training on some training days and and some off days.

The test week is going a psychotic blast the for time around! You will be foaming at the mouth.

I plan to drop down to 220-ish, leaner, quicker, stronger than I was at 240lbs. Actual number on scale doesn't matter. I just want to be in decent shape, or GOOD shape for a PL'er, haha.

Team Yellow is gonna run shit at the Cage brotha, lookin forward to it and gettin to spend the weekend with the boys

TEAM YELLOW. Victory.

Nix0r
02-19-13, 4:04 pm
I plan to drop down to 220-ish, leaner, quicker, stronger than I was at 240lbs. Actual number on scale doesn't matter. I just want to be in decent shape, or GOOD shape for a PL'er, haha.

We still have to find a basketball court in C-Bus...

Aggression
02-20-13, 8:57 am
We still have to find a basketball court in C-Bus...

Sure, if ya want ya ankles' snapped yo.

Aggression
02-20-13, 9:12 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Bike Warmup: 5min
Deads; bar, 135x2x5, 225x2x3, 295x1, 335x10 (chalk, conventional, no belt)
Seated Single Arm Machine Row: 3 sets
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3 sets
Weighted Back Ext: 2 sets
Abs: 4 sets in between accessory
Cardio: 20min incline with 20lb chain around neck

Altered Beast
02-20-13, 10:14 am
Cardio with chains? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

I remember doing that at a commercial gym and every idiot and broad on the 50 cardio machines were staring at me! LOL!

GUNS
02-20-13, 10:17 am

Mr T did this every day! Was yours as gold as his? lol!

Nix0r
02-20-13, 10:19 am

I remember doing that at a commercial gym and every idiot and broad on the 50 cardio machines were staring at me! LOL!

All that's left is to get you a weighted vest to wear while doing bicep curls. And yes, I see this frequently at LA Fatness.

I would also take every comment I make today with a grain of salt, seeing as how I have been at work since 4:45, and will be stimmed out of my mind.

Big Wides
02-20-13, 10:23 am

bad ass

J-Dawg
02-20-13, 10:30 am
335x10 (chalk, conventional, no belt)

.Megusta

.Lolquemexicanpear

Aggression
02-20-13, 10:32 am

It was pretty much the same scene last night. Even the owner walked by, stopped in his tracks, and stared for a few seconds.

Mr T did this every day! Was yours as gold as his? lol!

ha! awesome.

All that's left is to get you a weighted vest to wear while doing bicep curls. And yes, I see this frequently at LA Fatness.

I would also take every comment I make today with a grain of salt, seeing as how I have been at work since 4:45, and will be stimmed out of my mind.

There's one guy at my gym. He's always decked out in a weighted vest when he's walking on the tread. Fuck buying a vest. I thought about an alternative. And then I saw Tom Kemble upload a picture of himself doing the 20lb chain cardio and thought, damn, there you go. Free chains and good conditioning.

bad ass

Not every day that you see a 235lb guy walking on a treadmill with a 20lb chain draped around his neck. Good conditioning too.

Nix0r
02-20-13, 10:40 am
There's one guy at my gym. He's always decked out in a weighted vest when he's walking on the tread. Fuck buying a vest. I thought about an alternative. And then I saw Tom Kemble upload a picture of himself doing the 20lb chain cardio and thought, damn, there you go. Free chains and good conditioning.

TEK is a pretty goddamn solid person to follow. No doubt about it.

GSant434
02-20-13, 12:13 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Bike Warmup: 5min
Deads; bar, 135x2x5, 225x2x3, 295x1, 335x10 (chalk, conventional, no belt)
Seated Single Arm Machine Row: 3 sets
Standing Single Leg Curl: 3 sets
Weighted Back Ext: 2 sets
Abs: 4 sets in between accessory

I will be stealing this from you at my next visit to PF. Thanks for breaking the awkward ice for me A. It's bad enough when I pull bands out for Squats I can't imagine the gawking for chains on the treadmill.

Aggression
02-20-13, 12:38 pm
TEK is a pretty goddamn solid person to follow. No doubt about it.

One of my mentors and a dear friend.

I will be stealing this from you at my next visit to PF. Thanks for breaking the awkward ice for me A. It's bad enough when I pull bands out for Squats I can't imagine the gawking for chains on the treadmill.

haha, no problemo. Yup, after I did it last night, it won't seem as awkward. Most of the stuff I do now doesn't grab much attention. In the beginning, I caught many looks when setting up chains for DE Squats, chains for DE Bench, etc. Pullups with chains. Dips with chains. Using reverse bands, etc. Now people probably just expect some weird shit from me.

Aggression
02-21-13, 9:03 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Band PullApart Warmup/Rotator Swings
Floor Presses: barx2x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x1, 275x5x2
Floor Presses: 3x8-10 w/ 40lbs of chain
Circuit: Rope Pushdowns/Seated BentOver DB Laterals: 8-15 reps each, 3 rounds, non-stop
Cardio: 20min of interval sprints

Kowboy
02-21-13, 9:06 am
Looking good man, you ready for the cage? I am so fucking stoked man.

Aggression
02-21-13, 11:35 am
http://youtu.be/RH5d9fvexDQ

J-Dawg
02-21-13, 11:38 am
http://youtu.be/RH5d9fvexDQ

I might be crazy but I don't understand the 'Harlem Shake" stuff, lol.

Aggression
02-21-13, 11:42 am

I have no idea where it originated from. But a simple YouTube search yields an endless supply of hilarious versions. This one is great. They also have a Sea-World one, a military one, mario bros, etc. Even entire Universities are making their own version, with like hundreds of people in the shot. I may be in the minority, but I think some of these are hilarious.

Theonidus
02-21-13, 11:58 am
I thought that maybe the first one or two were funny. But now there are a million a few weeks later. I hope it's just a passing phase like "planking" was at one time.
However, the dryer version was hilarious.

Aggression
02-21-13, 12:00 pm

agreed, haha.

Altered Beast
02-21-13, 12:23 pm

I'm with you. SO GLAD I don't watch TV with the exception of a few A&E shows I can stand to watch with my fiancee; otherwise, I watch zero television.

I have no idea where it originated from. But a simple YouTube search yields an endless supply of hilarious versions. This one is great. They also have a Sea-World one, a military one, mario bros, etc. Even entire Universities are making their own version, with like hundreds of people in the shot. I may be in the minority, but I think some of these are hilarious.

People have too much time on their hands. If they'd put in some overtime instead of on YouTube at work, there would be less problems in this country.

*The guy box squatting looks really pissed as all of that is happening! LOL!

I thought that maybe the first one or two were funny. But now there are a million a few weeks later. I hope it's just a passing phase like "planking" was at one time.

The original is always funny, than the spin offs are equivalent to kicking a dead horse.

Nix0r
02-21-13, 12:26 pm

agreed, haha.

True story.

Theonidus
02-21-13, 12:35 pm
Found it. The video that embodies my feelings on this nonsense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ZxszoeCiU

Aggression
02-21-13, 12:37 pm

agreed, haha.

True story.

http://youtu.be/Ugl_eAm2OGY

JustJ
02-21-13, 2:31 pm
Solid work. Using the Cube?

Freakshowelite
02-21-13, 2:38 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Band PullApart Warmup/Rotator Swings
Floor Presses: barx2x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x1, 275x5x2
Floor Presses: 3x8-10 w/ 40lbs of chain
Circuit: Rope Pushdowns/Seated BentOver DB Laterals: 8-15 reps each, 3 rounds, non-stop
Cardio: 20min of interval sprints

I am a big fan of floor press, I know that when my floor press goes up, so does my bench

Aggression
02-21-13, 3:46 pm
Solid work. Using the Cube?

Yessir

I am a big fan of floor press, I know that when my floor press goes up, so does my bench

I feel its a 'strong' movement. Just builds pure, explosive power.

JustJ
02-22-13, 10:36 am
Curious to see how it works for you. I put maybe 20-30lbs on my total with it and my bench went down. Other people say they put 100-200lbs on their totals in 10 weeks.

Aggression
02-22-13, 10:40 am
Curious to see how it works for you. I put maybe 20-30lbs on my total with it and my bench went down. Other people say they put 100-200lbs on their totals in 10 weeks.

What happened with the bench?

Altered Beast
02-22-13, 11:22 am

Jim Wendler had a great video posted from one of the Big Seminars, it’s on Youtube and Facebook, but the points made in it are spot on. A method should be the key for you to improve, not a crutch to blame when you fail. It’s all about effort.

JustJ
02-22-13, 1:52 pm
What happened with the bench?

Just not enough off the chest work for me I think.

JustJ
02-22-13, 1:57 pm
Jim Wendler had a great video posted from one of the Big Seminars, it’s on Youtube and Facebook, but the points made in it are spot on. A method should be the key for you to improve, not a crutch to blame when you fail. It’s all about effort.

Who said I was blaming it or I failed? I was part of the original test group so I ran the program as it was given to me and gave my results. I told Brandon about my bench and why I thought that was. And you have to admit it sounds pretty ridiculous to put 100-200lbs on your total in 10 weeks. I even brought that up up to Brandon and he said he didn't know where people were getting their numbers from. One guy claimed a 250lb increase on his total, then switched to 5/3/1. If the program worked that good for him, why would he switch?

Things work differently for everyone,hence I'd like to see other's results rather than just the sack swingers on Facebook.

Aggression
02-22-13, 2:14 pm
Who said I was blaming it or I failed? I was part of the original test group so I ran the program as it was given to me and gave my results. I told Brandon about my bench and why I thought that was. And you have to admit it sounds pretty ridiculous to put 100-200lbs on your total in 10 weeks. I even brought that up up to Brandon and he said he didn't know where people were getting their numbers from. One guy claimed a 250lb increase on his total, then switched to 5/3/1. If the program worked that good for him, why would he switch?

Things work differently for everyone,hence I'd like to see other's results rather than just the sack swingers on Facebook.

no doubt. I'll definitely be doing my mock meet at the 10 week mark. and they will be on video. and all my previous PL meets are on youtube already. So there's no hiding or skewing the results there. I could see maybe a 50lb jump in total. For me, I expect it to be rather large. Why? Well, at my jan28 meet, I hit 350 on bench but KNOW I had more in me that day, maybe 365. Same with squats. Blasted up 445 and failed at 500. Think I could have smoked a 475'er. So without any more training, I could have added quite a bit to my total. With progression on the Cube, it'll be even bigger. I'm realistically thinking about a 65lb total increase, across the board.

Out of curiosity, what did Lilly have to say about your bench?

JustJ
02-22-13, 2:24 pm
And actually I guess I am blaming the program for my bench going down. Has nothing to do with effort. If a program said 20 sets of leg extensions would build my squat, I could give those 110% but that doesn't mean its going to work.

People came out later and said they weren't gaining on their bench and he said he thought that might happen and he might know why so he may have corrected it in the book. I'm just basing my experience off the original template.

JustJ
02-22-13, 2:30 pm
no doubt. I'll definitely be doing my mock meet at the 10 week mark. and they will be on video. and all my previous PL meets are on youtube already. So there's no hiding or skewing the results there. I could see maybe a 50lb jump in total. For me, I expect it to be rather large. Why? Well, at my jan28 meet, I hit 350 on bench but KNOW I had more in me that day, maybe 365. Same with squats. Blasted up 445 and failed at 500. Think I could have smoked a 475'er. So without any more training, I could have added quite a bit to my total. With progression on the Cube, it'll be even bigger. I'm realistically thinking about a 65lb total increase, across the board.

Out of curiosity, what did Lilly have to say about your bench?

Yea I mean if you already left pounds on the platform of course it will make your training cycle look better.

I never got a personal response on the bench. More people in later groups came out about the problem and then he supposedly addressed it with a video but I'm not sure if it was public or only to the member of that test group.

Aggression
02-22-13, 3:28 pm
And actually I guess I am blaming the program for my bench going down. Has nothing to do with effort. If a program said 20 sets of leg extensions would build my squat, I could give those 110% but that doesn't mean its going to work.

People came out later and said they weren't gaining on their bench and he said he thought that might happen and he might know why so he may have corrected it in the book. I'm just basing my experience off the original template.

Yea I mean if you already left pounds on the platform of course it will make your training cycle look better.

I never got a personal response on the bench. More people in later groups came out about the problem and then he supposedly addressed it with a video but I'm not sure if it was public or only to the member of that test group.

My feeling is that no matter if you're doing 5/3/1, WestSide, Cube, or your own personal program, as long as you put in effort, you'll see progress. Your body doesn't know its doing the Cube, or if it's doing '5/3/1'. All it knows is that it's being pushed hard and it needs to recover better/bigger to perform next time around. Maybe ya just had a bad day on the bench, that's all.

Altered Beast
02-22-13, 3:51 pm
The point of Cube is to follow the ME, DE and RE days and rotate in a three week wave for 3 consecutive waves. He never really laid anything out. A sample 3 Week Wave was given and he even stated, "This is what a 3 Week Wave looks like for US". He never said to follow it to a T.

He wants to you to plug in what you already know works for you, but follow the rotation listed above.

*So the question is, what works for YOU?

Aggression
02-22-13, 4:00 pm
The point of Cube is to follow the ME, DE and RE days and rotate in a three week wave for 3 consecutive waves. He never really laid anything out. A sample 3 Week Wave was given and he even stated, "This is what a 3 Week Wave looks like for US". He never said to follow it to a T.

He wants to you to plug in what you already know works for you, but follow the rotation listed above.

As far as The Cube program goes, I follow the requirements for the main lifts: percentages, sets, rep range, weight, etc. Once I finish the main movement, I'm off on my own, doing whatever I want, doing what I feel will help me. For example, last workout was ME Bench. With what I had available at the time, I decided to do floor presses. After my 5 sets of 2, I figured, 'Fuck it, I'm already on the floor and set up, I'll just add chains and do some reps'. Then I did a circuit with two movements to get the heart rate up, the blood going, and save some time. All because its what I wanted to do and what fit MY day's plan.

JustJ
02-22-13, 4:06 pm
My feeling is that no matter if you're doing 5/3/1, WestSide, Cube, or your own personal program, as long as you put in effort, you'll see progress. Your body doesn't know its doing the Cube, or if it's doing '5/3/1'. All it knows is that it's being pushed hard and it needs to recover better/bigger to perform next time around. Maybe ya just had a bad day on the bench, that's all.
True. But there are also things that work for people and things that don't. If you're doing things that don't, it'd not going to improve regardless of effort.

You must have missed what I said. I was in the original text group- he wrote out 10 weeks of workouts with assistance movements for us to follow to get feedback for his book. So you can carry on about doing "what works for you" which is a truth. But when someone is essentially doing an experiment and trying to reproduce results amongst a group of peolle you are expected to flow what's given, not go off on your own little trip

JustJ
02-22-13, 4:08 pm
And my phone is effing up my typing but I think what I was trying to type can still be understood.

Aggression
02-22-13, 4:14 pm
True. But there are also things that work for people and things that don't. If you're doing things that don't, it'd not going to improve regardless of effort.

You must have missed what I said. I was in the original text group- he wrote out 10 weeks of workouts with assistance movements for us to follow to get feedback for his book. So you can carry on about doing "what works for you" which is a truth. But when someone is essentially doing an experiment and trying to reproduce results amongst a group of peolle you are expected to flow what's given, not go off on your own little trip

Oh ok. Got ya. So you basically followed everything; main movement, assistance, sets, reps, etc., as a test subject. Makes sense now. I assume AB wasn't aware that EVERYTHING was mapped out for you to follow. Still, it must have been pretty cool to be picked to be a test subject for The Cube. Are you still using the Cube, your own way? Or did you venture off onto something else now?

JustJ
02-22-13, 4:19 pm
Oh ok. Got ya. So you basically followed everything; main movement, assistance, sets, reps, etc., as a test subject. Makes sense now. I assume AB wasn't aware that EVERYTHING was mapped out for you to follow. Still, it must have been pretty cool to be picked to be a test subject for The Cube. Are you still using the Cube, your own way? Or did you venture off onto something else now?

Exactly. Well it wasn't like we got picked- we paid to be part of the test group and be "trained" during it.

I'm not on it now. Can't say I wouldn't do it again- I'd just pick diff movements for bench and diff accessories all around

Aggression
02-26-13, 12:31 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Squats: worked up to 8x3 w/ 270lbs, focusing on exploding out of hole
Leg Press: 3x8-10
Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets
Planks: 3 sets supersetted with leg curls, at 1min each
Cardio: 20min on incline with chain

Aggression
02-26-13, 12:33 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage/CarboPlus

Dynamic Band/Rotator Warmup: 5min
Standing BB Press: 140x5, 160x3, 180x7
-- pull ups in between all 3 sets --
Weights dips w/ 20lb chain: 3xF
--Circuit Training--
1) DB Laterals
2) Face Pulls
3) EZ Bar Curls
4) 50 jump ropes
--all done in a row, no break--

Aggression
02-26-13, 12:35 pm
PF
Brick, NJ

pre: Rage/CarboPlus
intra: Torrent

Pulls off 4'' blocks: worked up to 410 for 3 sets of 2; conventional, sumo, conventional
Snatch Grip Deads: 3x10
Single Leg Standing Curl: 3 sets
DB Shrugs: 2 sets
Abs: 4 sets in between final 2 exercises
Cardio: incline treadmill with 20lb chain for 20min.

Shukin
02-26-13, 12:53 pm
Great Seeing you yesterday at Fitgym for the UBC. See you in Columbus.

GUNS
02-26-13, 1:37 pm
PF
Brick, NJ

pre: Rage/CarboPlus
intra: Torrent

Pulls off 4'' blocks: worked up to 410 for 3 sets of 2; conventional, sumo, conventional
Snatch Grip Deads: 3x10
Single Leg Standing Curl: 3 sets
Abs: 4 sets in between final 2 exercises
Cardio: incline treadmill with 20lb chain for 20min.

Did you workout at Planet Fitness?

Aggression
02-26-13, 1:42 pm
Great Seeing you yesterday at Fitgym for the UBC. See you in Columbus.

Looking forward to it, bro.

PF = Pure Focus. Just got lazy and abbreviated it.

GUNS
02-26-13, 1:46 pm
Looking forward to it, bro.

PF = Pure Focus. Just got lazy and abbreviated it.

You had me worried for a sec!

Theonidus
02-26-13, 2:02 pm

You ask that like anyone at Planet Fatness would let him in if he was carrying chains.
Or deadlifting.
Nasty, nasty deadlifting.

GUNS
02-26-13, 2:03 pm
You ask that like anyone at Planet Fatness would let him in if he was carrying chains.
Or deadlifting.

True, but maybe he was trying to get kicked out!

Nix0r
02-26-13, 2:04 pm
Or deadlifting.

True, but maybe he was trying to get kicked out!

Unofficial "Get kicked out of Planet Fitness" ABC anyone?

Theonidus
02-26-13, 2:05 pm
Unofficial "Get kicked out of Planet Fitness" ABC anyone?

You mean, unofficial "We dare you to find someone to throw us out of Planet Fitness" ABC, right?

Altered Beast
02-26-13, 3:04 pm
We should all run into a Planet Fatness in tank tops running around screaming at every member in there! Could be fun!

GUNS
02-26-13, 5:10 pm
Come down to the Gulf Coast for some sun and fun, and we will invade the local PF! Lol!

Aggression
02-27-13, 3:36 pm
The U HQ
NB NJ 08901

pre: shock-t/carbmax
intra: torrent

Dynamic Rotator Warmup: bands and weighted/banded swings
Floor Press [speed]: worked up to 220x2 [6 sets]
Neutral Grip DB Press [slight incline]: 3x8-10
--Circuit--
1) Close Grip Pulldowns
2) Front DB Raises w/ Fat Grips
3) Banded Tricep Pushdowns
4) Decline Crunches
5) Jump Rope
-- Giant set of 10 reps each, 75-100 jump ropes each, 1min rest in between, 3 rounds --

Altered Beast
02-27-13, 4:00 pm
Yo Adam! I'll see you tomorrow!!! Friday morning at the latest! Can't wait to finally meet you my brother from another mother!

I don't care how gay that sounded, I'm THAT excited!!!

Aggression
02-28-13, 8:58 am
Yo Adam! I'll see you tomorrow!!! Friday morning at the latest! Can't wait to finally meet you my brother from another mother!

I don't care how gay that sounded, I'm THAT excited!!!

Pumped, bro. Looking forward to meeting you. Safe travels.

Aggression
03-05-13, 10:50 am
I'll be writing an article later on, so I'll just give a brief rundown here.

Cage was busy as hell. Got to meet some new bros as well as reunite with a lot of close bros from all the previous years. You know who you are. Cage was rockin' all weekend. By far, the busiest it's ever been in my 5 years in Columbus. Elite lifters, countless fans, and some chick shrieking next to us, at times drowning us out. Yet we're the ones who get yelled at for our volume being too high, according to the little decibel reader in the nerd's hand.

Trained Friday night at Beyond Limits. Props to Trebin for organizing that whole trip. I arrived tardy to the party and most were finishing up/leaving as I got started. No big deal. I hit my main squats, as written in my Cube protocol; 360 for reps (6). Hit 5 straight, racked it for 30s, and then blasted one more for good measure. Considering the circumstances (fatigued, feet hurt, food was off), I consider that a success. Didn't train again that weekend. Too busy. The ABC is cluster fuck so I just chilled out and conversated with people. Good times.

Was suppose to fly out Monday morning at 8am. Flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 8pm. Had to check out of the hotel by 1pm, so I just hung around Columbus solo-style for several hours. Got to the airport on time to find out my flight was delayed about 2hrs. Fantastic. Finally landed in Newark, NJ around midnight. Headed home, slept in a bit, and now I'm back at the U HQ doin' work. I'd say I am looking forward to this weekend to rest, but that isn't the case ..

This Saturday is the St Patrick's Day Parade in Seaside Heights. For those not aware, its basically an all-day booze fest. So instead of sleeping in and recharging my batteries, like I should, I'll instead be drunk by noon and passed out on someone's floor by 3pm. And so it goes ...

pushin weight
03-05-13, 10:56 am
I'll be writing an article later on, so I'll just give a brief rundown here.

Cage was busy as hell. Got to meet some new bros as well as reunite with a lot of close bros from all the previous years. You know who you are. Cage was rockin' all weekend. By far, the busiest it's ever been in my 5 years in Columbus. Elite lifters, countless fans, and some chick shrieking next to us, at times drowning us out. Yet we're the ones who get yelled at for our volume being too high, according to the little decibel reader in the nerd's hand.

Trained Friday night at Beyond Limits. Props to Trebin for organizing that whole trip. I arrived tardy to the party and most were finishing up/leaving as I got started. No big deal. I hit my main squats, as written in my Cube protocol; 360 for reps (6). Hit 5 straight, racked it for 30s, and then blasted one more for good measure. Considering the circumstances (fatigued, feet hurt, food was off), I consider that a success. Didn't train again that weekend. Too busy. The ABC is cluster fuck so I just chilled out and conversated with people. Good times.

Was suppose to fly out Monday morning at 8am. Flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 8pm. Had to check out of the hotel by 1pm, so I just hung around Columbus solo-style for several hours. Got to the airport on time to find out my flight was delayed about 2hrs. Fantastic. Finally landed in Newark, NJ around midnight. Headed home, slept in a bit, and now I'm back at the U HQ doin' work. I'd say I am looking forward to this weekend to rest, but that isn't the case ..

This Saturday is the St Patrick's Day Parade in Seaside Heights. For those not aware, its basically an all-day booze fest. So instead of sleeping in and recharging my batteries, like I should, I'll instead be drunk by noon and passed out on someone's floor by 3pm. And so it goes ...

Ha! Good times....

Kowboy
03-05-13, 10:58 am
Great to see you again Aggs, glad you made it back ok. It was such a fun busy weekend and it went by way to fast. I am going to do a write up later as well.

Altered Beast
03-05-13, 11:03 am
You know Aggs, you don't HAVE to drink =)

Aggression
03-05-13, 11:14 am
Great to see you again Aggs, glad you made it back ok. It was such a fun busy weekend and it went by way to fast. I am going to do a write up later as well.

Absolutely man.

You know Aggs, you don't HAVE to drink =)

Hey, ya gotta live life. The St Patty's Day Parade is Seaside is probably a top 5 day of any year for me. I look forward to it each year. Yes, you're right. I don't have to drink. But I want to. And I will, lol.

Nix0r
03-05-13, 11:22 am
Hey, ya gotta live life. The St Patty's Day Parade is Seaside is probably a top 5 day of any year for me. I look forward to it each year. Yes, you're right. I don't have to drink. But I want to. And I will, lol.

One of the first things I did last night was knock back a Nugget Nectar from Troegs. It was a glorious feeling.

Altered Beast
03-05-13, 12:27 pm
Absolutely man.

Life is about sacrifice! =)

One of the first things I did last night was knock back a Nugget Nectar from Troegs. It was a glorious feeling.

Nugget Nectar? Is that one of your homebrews?

Aggression
03-05-13, 1:38 pm
Life is about sacrifice! =)

You're right. This Saturday, I'll be sacrificing my physique, strength, and overall goals in powerlifting in an effort to have a blast with my best friends all day drinking in Seaside. And I'm OK with that.

GSant434
03-05-13, 1:39 pm
You're right. This Saturday, I'll be sacrificing my physique, strength, and overall goals in powerlifting in an effort to have a blast with my best friends all day drinking in Seaside. And I'm OK with that.

I'll see you out there. Now I just need to find my "Saint Patrick was Italian" T-Shirt

Altered Beast
03-05-13, 2:03 pm

That's not what I meant! I meant you have to sacrifice rest and recovery for the sake of partying!

Aggression
03-05-13, 4:38 pm
I'll see you out there. Now I just need to find my "Saint Patrick was Italian" T-Shirt

I got myself a special St Patrick's Day T-shirt too. Its not one of those cheesy, corny shirts. But its definitely St Patrick's day approved.

That's not what I meant! I meant you have to sacrifice rest and recovery for the sake of partying!

#boom

smoothballer
03-05-13, 8:45 pm

I like the sound of this. Got to go to Chicago last year for St. Patty's Day...Insane. And you definitely earned it bro.

And definitely great to see you again this year.

Altered Beast
03-06-13, 8:54 am
Agg, I bet you and I could out drink everyone on this thread =)

Aggression
03-06-13, 9:03 am
I like the sound of this. Got to go to Chicago last year for St. Patty's Day...Insane. And you definitely earned it bro.

And definitely great to see you again this year.

Same to you, brother. Great times, as always

In my heyday, sure. Not so much anymore. I used to be able to pound them down during my college days and maybe 1-2 years after. Since then, my tolerance has slowly dipped off, which is a good thing. However, I feel it won't be such a good thing when I'm down for the count by noon this weekend, haha.

Nix0r
03-06-13, 9:04 am

Laughable.

Altered Beast
03-06-13, 9:05 am
In my heyday, sure. Not so much anymore. I used to be able to pound them down during my college days and maybe 1-2 years after. Since then, my tolerance has slowly dipped off, which is a good thing. However, I feel it won't be such a good thing when I'm down for the count by noon this weekend, haha.

I've discovered it's best to do some light to moderate drinking the night before to get your tolerance up! I've noticed after one night of drinking I can drink even more the next night and not even be half as drunk!

We've made our bodies so healthy its funny how everything reacts now!

smoothballer
03-06-13, 1:54 pm
For the perfect seasoning: http://dealnews.com/Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-Ceramic-Salt-and-Pepper-Shaker-Set-for-5-free-shipping/676637.html

Aggression
03-06-13, 1:57 pm
For the perfect seasoning: http://dealnews.com/Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-Ceramic-Salt-and-Pepper-Shaker-Set-for-5-free-shipping/676637.html

haha those are pretty damn cool

Aggression
03-07-13, 8:47 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

preWO: Shock-T/CarbMax

Speed Pulls off a mat: 6x2 w/ 315
BB Rows: 3 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets w/ mixed grips
Single Leg Curl: 3 sets
Abs: 4 sets between accessory movements
Cardio: 20min interval sprints on treadmill

Bodyweight this morning; 228.8lbs (weighed in at 237 on 1/25). Dropping a bit too fast. Implemented conditioning and cut some carbs at the same time. I'm going to start adding in more carbs on training days to balance it out. Feeling good.

Altered Beast
03-07-13, 9:07 am
Isn't it fun being on the slim side?

Aggression
03-07-13, 9:53 am
Isn't it fun being on the slim side?

My waist has dropped significantly. I gained a notch on my belt, which is great. However, I'm not about dropping weight and sacrificing strength. So my food will be adjusted a bit (more carbs) but I'll still be doing conditioning at the end of every workout. At the end of the day, I don't need abs or cuts or being ripped. I just want to be strong, first and foremost. I also want to be conditioned.

Altered Beast
03-07-13, 9:53 am
My waist has dropped significantly. I gained a notch on my belt, which is great. However, I'm not about dropping weight and sacrificing strength. So my food will be adjusted a bit (more carbs) but I'll still be doing conditioning at the end of every workout. At the end of the day, I don't need abs or cuts or being ripped. I just want to be strong, first and foremost. I also want to be conditioned.

I feel the same way! That's good to hear.

Aggression
03-08-13, 9:33 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

preWO: Rage/A7/CarbMax

Band Rotator Warmup
Bench Press; worked up to 275x6
Reverse Band Bench Press w/ Monster Mini Bands: 3 sets for 3-6 reps
Weighted Dips: 3x10-15 w/ 20lb chain
Seated Cable Row: 3 sets
Abs: 3 sets in between accessory
Cardio: 20min on incline with 30lb chain.

Theonidus
03-08-13, 9:36 am
I get really excited for your updates. Not to see what you're lifting, per se, but to find new ways to do cardio.

Kowboy
03-08-13, 9:49 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

preWO: Rage/A7/CarbMax

Band Rotator Warmup
Bench Press; worked up to 275x6
Reverse Band Bench Press w/ Monster Mini Bands: 3 sets for 3-6 reps
Weighted Dips: 3x10-15 w/ 20lb chain
Seated Cable Row: 3 sets
Abs: 3 sets in between accessory
Cardio: 20min on incline with 30lb chain.

How was bench after killing it in the cage? Looks like you had a pretty session.

Aggression
03-08-13, 9:53 am
I get really excited for your updates. Not to see what you're lifting, per se, but to find new ways to do cardio.

challenged accepted. I'll now find more interesting ways to do cardio.

How was bench after killing it in the cage? Looks like you had a pretty session.

Ya know what, I didn't even think about that. Maybe it played a role. Never felt 100% comfortable last night on the bench. It seemed to be international chest day last night, so there was only one bench open and its the one I hate; very hard pad which you actually slip on a bit. And the bar wasn't the usual bars I use. It was smoother. So during my reps, I never really got into a groove. Plus no spotter. And then when it came to setting up the bands in the power rack, the support bar for the bands was either too high or too low, so I didn't get much out of it. I didn't want it doing all the work, so I opted for it giving me basically nothing aside from a minor blast off the chest. Oh well. Gotta do what you gotta do. Still got shit done.

Kowboy
03-08-13, 10:05 am
Yeah, our gym was pretty packed. I was able to get in some good squats, tried some new shit and I am totally fried. I hate days where everything seems to be off. But ya still got it done.

Aggression
03-12-13, 9:28 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

Squats: worked up to 385x1, 385x1 and then wrapped the knees and hit 385x3
Olympic Squats: 2 sets
Reverse Hypers: 3 sets
Abs: 3 sets

freighttraindane
03-12-13, 9:29 am
Jersey Shore Fitness
Bradley Beach NJ

Squats: worked up to 385x1, 385x1 and then wrapped the knees and hit 385x3
Olympic Squats: 2 sets
Reverse Hypers: 3 sets

Nice work Adam, What kind of knee wraps are you using. Looking to incorporate wraps into my program this time around.

Aggression
03-12-13, 9:36 am
Nice work Adam, What kind of knee wraps are you using. Looking to incorporate wraps into my program this time around.

Tru-Black 2.5m knee wraps off inzer. It was the first time using them, so they were a bit stiff. Prior to those, I had a pair of regular, EliteFTS Raw knee wraps. I can already tell that the Tru-Blacks off Inzer are more supportive. Just gotta break 'em in a bit. Naturalguy got the Gripper Knee wraps which look pretty damn sick and apparently have great pop to them.

freighttraindane
03-12-13, 9:46 am
Tru-Black 2.5m knee wraps off inzer. It was the first time using them, so they were a bit stiff. Prior to those, I had a pair of regular, EliteFTS Raw knee wraps. I can already tell that the Tru-Blacks off Inzer are more supportive. Just gotta break 'em in a bit. Naturalguy got the Gripper Knee wraps which look pretty damn sick and apparently have great pop to them.

Awesome, I will have to check those out, breaking in wraps can be a bitch

Aggression
03-13-13, 9:11 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Storm/CarbMax

Band Pullapart/Rotator Warmup
Standing BB Press: worked up to 125x5, 145x5, 165x9
Incline DB Tricep Ext: 3 sets
Standing DB Laterals: 3 sets
BB Rows: 3 sets
BB Curls: 3 sets
JumpRope: 5 sets of 100 jumps w/ ~1min rest in between each

Aggression
03-15-13, 9:10 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Storm/CarbMax

Deads: 135x3x5, 225x2x5, 275x3, 315x1, 345x1, 385x6 (pulled 4 beltless, took 20s to put belt on, pulled 2 more)
Snatch-Grip Deads off 4in Blocks: 3x8-10
Single Leg Curls: 3 sets
Machine Shrugs: 3 sets
- stretch -

Altered Beast
03-15-13, 9:45 am
How is that new Monolift?????

Aggression
03-15-13, 10:51 am
How is that new Monolift?????

Haven't had the pleasure .. yet. We're still figuring out a place for it. We have to move some equipment/get rid of some stuff so that it can be brought in.

Aggression
03-15-13, 3:47 pm
Conditioning
The U HQ NJ NB 08901

Prowler: 10 trips at 40yd each, 70# added weight, 60s rests
- followed by some foam rolling

smoothballer
04-10-13, 8:17 am
Was a PBR slammed yesterday?

Aggression
04-10-13, 8:48 am
Was a PBR slammed yesterday?

preWO: RAGE
intraWO: 480lb SQ, a 35lb PR (video to be uploaded at a later time)
postWO: 3 brews from the Sam Adam's Spring Thaw Mix pack and 1 Romeo y Julieta

#boom

Altered Beast
04-10-13, 8:57 am
I absolutely love cigars! One of my passions.

That is quite a PR! 500 will be here before the end of the year EASILY!

freighttraindane
04-10-13, 9:00 am

#boom

Great work Aggression, solid PR and a well deserved reward!

J-Dawg
04-10-13, 9:16 am

#boom

Big congrats on that PR today A. That was exciting to witness.

500 is up next...

GUNS
04-10-13, 9:46 am
Congrats on the PR!

Aggression
04-10-13, 9:54 am
I absolutely love cigars! One of my passions.

That is quite a PR! 500 will be here before the end of the year EASILY!

The 480 was a walk-out. And to this day, I never fought so hard for a squat. Maybe in a mono-lift, I could have done 10-20lbs more. We'll see. Felt great.

Great work Aggression, solid PR and a well deserved reward!

Thank you, D.

Big congrats on that PR today A. That was exciting to witness.

500 is up next...

soon ..

You're up today, my man.

Congrats on the PR!

Thank you.

smoothballer
04-10-13, 10:18 am

#boom

Doin Work

Haven't tried everything from that pack but definitely not a fan of their Alpine Spring. Brews, a Stogie, and a PR...one hell of day if you ask me.

Kowboy
04-10-13, 10:32 am
Great job on 480 man, I am still chasing that one. The only mono I ever used was in the cage this year, threw me off a bit.

Aggression
04-10-13, 10:34 am
Doin Work

Haven't tried everything from that pack but definitely not a fan of their Alpine Spring. Brews, a Stogie, and a PR...one hell of day if you ask me.

I love the Maple Pecan one. Amazing.

Great job on 480 man, I am still chasing that one. The only mono I ever used was in the cage this year, threw me off a bit.

I wish I had a monolift. I could have added a few more pounds.

smoothballer
04-10-13, 10:39 am
I love the Maple Pecan one. Amazing.

I have a Rogue Maple Bacon Ale at my house that I still need to crack open.

GUNS
04-10-13, 11:32 am
I feel like your better off walking out anyway. Most feds have you walk out even if its a mono, unless your in gear!

Altered Beast
04-10-13, 1:20 pm
Monolifts are where its at. Protects the knees and hips.

Next time, ask Ed Coan if he wished he had one! You don't think walking out 800-1000 pounds for 8-10 additional steps didn't damage his hips? Think again! Precisely why the Monolift was invented.

Don't you have one a Jersey Shore Fitness?

Aggression
04-10-13, 1:35 pm
I feel like your better off walking out anyway. Most feds have you walk out even if its a mono, unless your in gear!

I think monolifts are essential and a great tool to have.

Monolifts are where its at. Protects the knees and hips.

Next time, ask Ed Coan if he wished he had one! You don't think walking out 800-1000 pounds for 8-10 additional steps didn't damage his hips? Think again! Precisely why the Monolift was invented.

Don't you have one a Jersey Shore Fitness?

I agree with you. Monolifts are essential and a great tool to have at one's disposal. My ankles are even sore from walking that 480 out, ha!

Yes, JSF has a monolift but I lifted at The U HQ yesterday b/c I wouldn't have had a trusted spotter at JSF.

GUNS
04-10-13, 2:23 pm
Oh, agree they are nice to have. My point is only that if you can squat 600 in a mono, but cant walk it out when required in a meet, whats the use! Training? Ok, Ill give it that, but getting close to a meet, you better be walking weight out!

Aggression
04-10-13, 3:22 pm
Oh, agree they are nice to have. My point is only that if you can squat 600 in a mono, but cant walk it out when required in a meet, whats the use! Training? Ok, Ill give it that, but getting close to a meet, you better be walking weight out!

Up to now, I strictly compete at RPS meets. And they use a monolift. So I don't see the point in needing to walk out a weight if one doesn't have to. Going forward, if I decide to venture out of the RPS, I'll make sure the other feds I'm considering will be using a monolift as well.

Big Wides
04-10-13, 4:14 pm
The 480 was a walk-out. And to this day, I never fought so hard for a squat. Maybe in a mono-lift, I could have done 10-20lbs more. We'll see. Felt great.

480 is a nice ass number....congrats on it. As for walking out weight, what I've done in the past was at the end of my squat session do Rack Walkouts. These are simple, you just load up the bar with weights you want to squat say in 3-6 weeks, unrack the bar - walk it out and set up your squat position - then re-rack the weights.

Since you'll be doing an overload weight with these, it primes the CNS to be able to handle larger weights when you are ready to squat

Aggression
04-10-13, 4:27 pm
480 is a nice ass number....congrats on it. As for walking out weight, what I've done in the past was at the end of my squat session do Rack Walkouts. These are simple, you just load up the bar with weights you want to squat say in 3-6 weeks, unrack the bar - walk it out and set up your squat position - then re-rack the weights.

Since you'll be doing an overload weight with these, it primes the CNS to be able to handle larger weights when you are ready to squat

I like it. Never heard of that before.

GUNS
04-10-13, 4:35 pm
Up to now, I strictly compete at RPS meets. And they use a monolift. So I don't see the point in needing to walk out a weight if one doesn't have to. Going forward, if I decide to venture out of the RPS, I'll make sure the other feds I'm considering will be using a monolift as well.

I have a meet in June where they will have a mono, but raw has to walk out! RPS lloks to be a good fed and ooking out for the safety of their lifters. If it would be nice if all feds jump on board with this!

Aggression
04-10-13, 4:38 pm
I have a meet in June where they will have a mono, but raw has to walk out! RPS lloks to be a good fed and ooking out for the safety of their lifters. If it would be nice if all feds jump on board with this!

Really? I've never heard of such a thing (raw walks out, gear doesn't). Seems like that fed is definitely catering to the geared guys.