PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42

GUNS
04-10-13, 4:54 pm
Really? I've never heard of such a thing (raw walks out, gear doesn't). Seems like that fed is definitely catering to the geared guys.

Went back to the USPA rule book, looks like everyone walks out if there is a mono!

"After removing the bar from the squat racks and/or the mono-lift, the lifter must move backwards to establish his position. The lifter shall assume an upright position with the top of the bar not more than 3 cm below the superior deltoids. The bar shall be held horizontally across the shoulders with the hands and fingers gripping the bar and the feet flat on the platform with the knees locked. Note: If a mono-lift is used, the swing arm lever pin cannot be removed or the swing arm lever actuated. The lifter must still un-rack the weight and move backwards to establish his position."

I guess this keeps everything even across the fed if the meet doesnt have a mono!

Altered Beast
04-10-13, 5:05 pm
Oh, agree they are nice to have. My point is only that if you can squat 600 in a mono, but cant walk it out when required in a meet, whats the use! Training? Ok, Ill give it that, but getting close to a meet, you better be walking weight out!

I'll never walk weight out ever in my lifetime and re-fuse to compete in any federation that puts machismo before the safety of it's lifters. It's about the lifters, precisely why I will always compete and support the SPF. There is a reason they are the biggest and most popular federation, not to mention the only one that pulls in enough revenue to give cash prizes to all lifters in every weight class!

C.Coronato
04-11-13, 10:46 am
Next stop. 5 pies!

Altered Beast
04-11-13, 1:30 pm
Next stop. 5 pies!

I can't think of pies right now! Can't carb up until tomorrow night =|

Big Wides
04-11-13, 2:24 pm
I like it. Never heard of that before.

I picked this up from working with a couple of PLers back in '99, they were big on conditioning their CNS as much as their muscles. I still follow their tricks from time to time in my training

Aggression
04-11-13, 4:36 pm
http://youtu.be/_UrqqypN0rQ

Altered Beast
04-12-13, 9:28 am
NICE!!!! I love seeing grinder PR's! It means you dug deep!

Aggression
04-18-13, 9:37 am
Today is my final day of employment here at Universal Nutrition. Its been a wild ride here during the last 4.5 years. I've been able to be a part of something I could have only dreamed of a few years prior. Back in 2008, during my final semester of college, my dorm room walls were lined with Wrath's posters. I wore my Animal Skullcap and Animal Zip Up to/from classes, the gym, everywhere. I used Animal products and checked the site each day for new reading material. Flash forward a few months from that standpoint, and I was working in the Marketing Department for Universal/Animal.

During my tenure here, I met some great people; both those within the company and the athletes associated with it. People I idolized at one point were the same people I was then eating dinner with, shooting the shit with, being friends with. All the experiences are worth their weight in gold. My bodybuilding show, my 4 power lifting meets .. none of them would have ever happened if it weren't for this company. The athletes, the mentors, the role models, all of them played a part.

As I said, its been a great ride. I have memories to last a lifetime. And I'll never forget all the people I met, places I've been to, and experiences I've been a part of. I start my new job this coming Monday, 4/22. I'll still be heavily involved on The Forvm. I'll still attend local ABC events. And if possible, I'll get the opportunity to work for Animal/Universal at future trade shows. My time on this Forvm may be cut short a bit, as I will no longer be sitting on the computer/at a desk all day. But rest assure, I'll still be posting, keeping a journey, and helping everyone out.

#boom
#SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Razor
04-18-13, 9:42 am
Today is my final day of employment here at Universal Nutrition. Its been a wild ride here during the last 4.5 years. I've been able to be a part of something I could have only dreamed of a few years prior. Back in 2008, during my final semester of college, my dorm room walls were lined with Wrath's posters. I wore my Animal Skullcap and Animal Zip Up to/from classes, the gym, everywhere. I used Animal products and checked the site each day for new reading material. Flash forward a few months from that standpoint, and I was working in the Marketing Department for Universal/Animal.

During my tenure here, I met some great people; both those within the company and the athletes associated with it. People I idolized at one point were the same people I was then eating dinner with, shooting the shit with, being friends with. All the experiences are worth their weight in gold. My bodybuilding show, my 4 power lifting meets .. none of them would have ever happened if it weren't for this company. The athletes, the mentors, the role models, all of them played a part.

As I said, its been a great ride. I have memories to last a lifetime. And I'll never forget all the people I met, places I've been to, and experiences I've been a part of. I start my new job this coming Monday, 4/22. I'll still be heavily involved on The Forvm. I'll still attend local ABC events. And if possible, I'll get the opportunity to work for Animal/Universal at future trade shows. My time on this Forvm may be cut short a bit, as I will no longer be sitting on the computer/at a desk all day. But rest assure, I'll still be posting, keeping a journey, and helping everyone out.

#boom
#SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Adam my man thanks for everything you've done for us not only on both Forums but at live events like the Cage and at ABC's. You're an inspiration to many of us and you will be missed greatly. Best of luck on your new job bro!

Aggression
04-18-13, 9:51 am
Adam my man thanks for everything you've done for us not only on both Forums but at live events like the Cage and at ABC's. You're an inspiration to many of us and you will be missed greatly. Best of luck on your new job bro!

I'll still be around, just not on an administrative level for you guys. Its been a pleasure doing what I've done over the last few years.

freighttraindane
04-18-13, 9:58 am
Damn brother I don't know what to say...

You have been such an intergral part of the company and Forvm for so long. You will surely be missed! I hope whereever your new career and journey takes you, I wish much success. I hope to still see you around the forvm, at the Cage, an ABC or many other areas of social media that we all frequent.

Nix0r
04-18-13, 10:10 am
Set Goddamn PRs.
Drink Goddamn PBRs.

Altered Beast
04-18-13, 10:24 am
I KNEW something was going on =) it was fun meeting you at the Arnold.

A man has to walk his own path, glad to see you walking yours!

*I still expect to see PR's posted!!!

smoothballer
04-18-13, 10:52 am
Congrats on the new job and good luck. I know that you will always be an Animal and while you are not working for the company officially that won't change how you represent the lifestyle.

And I know PBRs will continue to be drank as PRs continue to be crushed.

GUNS
04-18-13, 11:11 am
Today is my final day of employment here at Universal Nutrition.

Good luck in the future Adam!

Aggression
04-18-13, 12:37 pm
Damn brother I don't know what to say...

You have been such an intergral part of the company and Forvm for so long. You will surely be missed! I hope whereever your new career and journey takes you, I wish much success. I hope to still see you around the forvm, at the Cage, an ABC or many other areas of social media that we all frequent.

Thank you, Dane. I'll stay in touch.

Set Goddamn PRs.
Drink Goddamn PBRs.

You're goddamn right.

I KNEW something was going on =) it was fun meeting you at the Arnold.

A man has to walk his own path, glad to see you walking yours!

*I still expect to see PR's posted!!!

Absolutely. PRs will most certainly remain consistent.

Congrats on the new job and good luck. I know that you will always be an Animal and while you are not working for the company officially that won't change how you represent the lifestyle.

And I know PBRs will continue to be drank as PRs continue to be crushed.

Thank you, my man. And yes, PRs and PBRs will remain staples.

Good luck in the future Adam!

Thank you, brother.

Phil800101
04-18-13, 6:27 pm
Thank you for all that you have done over the years, and good luck with the new job!

Firefist
04-20-13, 12:07 pm
Best wishes at your new job man. You're a good dude and I am honored to have gotten to work with you at the cage this year.

deanna7272
04-20-13, 8:56 pm
Adam... Thank you so much for all that you have done... Big C texted me this morning about you and CC leaving and I just sat speechless... I understand the opportunity for bigger and better things is always a goal, but when we connect with our "staples" at the U, it's weird to know that you, personally, won't be there to help at our (sometimes too often) beckoned call...

I hope over the past 4.5 years that you understood how much you are/were respected and appreciated. Watching you grow and mature into a fine "young" man has been an honor ((writing these posts really make me realize I'm a old fart...lol))

I wish you the best and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to rub elbows and most of all, get to know more about you all on a personal level... Glad to hear that you'll still be around... I'm confident that we have not heard the last of the NOISE that you're going to be making!!!!

Thank you again Adam...

Aggression
04-21-13, 8:43 am
Thank you for all that you have done over the years, and good luck with the new job!

It was my pleasure. Thank you.

Best wishes at your new job man. You're a good dude and I am honored to have gotten to work with you at the cage this year.

Same here. Thank you very much.

Adam... Thank you so much for all that you have done... Big C texted me this morning about you and CC leaving and I just sat speechless... I understand the opportunity for bigger and better things is always a goal, but when we connect with our "staples" at the U, it's weird to know that you, personally, won't be there to help at our (sometimes too often) beckoned call...

I hope over the past 4.5 years that you understood how much you are/were respected and appreciated. Watching you grow and mature into a fine "young" man has been an honor ((writing these posts really make me realize I'm a old fart...lol))

I wish you the best and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to rub elbows and most of all, get to know more about you all on a personal level... Glad to hear that you'll still be around... I'm confident that we have not heard the last of the NOISE that you're going to be making!!!!

Thank you again Adam...

Thank you very much for the kind words, D. There's a handful of people on here that I knew and got to know right from the start, you being one of them. I appreciate all you've done over the years and yes, I'll still be around, making that noise!

Aggression
04-21-13, 8:46 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

preWO: ShockT
intraWO: 4s Torrent

Treadmill: 5min
Abs: 4 sets
Rotator Warmup
Standing BB Press: 130x5, 150x5, 170x6 -- super setted w/ -- chins
Weighted Dips: 4 sets
Dumbbells Curls: 4 sets
Cardio: 20min interval sprints

"If you woke up this day and posted 'Happy 420' on your Facebook, I'm coming to punch you in the throat. Grow up"

Aggression
05-01-13, 7:10 pm
Haven't hit the gym in the last 2 weeks or so. As of now, I'm spending time getting adjusted to my new job. Instead of getting to work at 830 and sitting on my ass, staring at a computer screen for 8.5hrs each day, I now start work at 7am and its all manual labor. I'm on a job site overlooking the Hudson River, installing windows into what will eventually be an apartment/condo complex. I have absolutely no complaints about my new job. I love it. I'm up at 415, meet other guys on the job in my town to commute up, and start work at 7am. We have lunch break from 930-10 and we're out/on our way home by 2pm. I'm usually back in my house, showered up, and done for the day, having worked 8hrs, by 345pm. Can't beat that. Especially since I'm home 3hrs earlier than when I worked at The U.

Its a drastic change, but one that I've welcomed with open arms. I'm outside, fresh air, and doing something that I'm actually proud of. Its a great sense of accomplishment when I leave the job each day, with visual changes that I had a hand in doing. Not to mention the fact that I've already started a pension with the company. Life is good.

I'll be back in the gym soon enough. Honestly, I don't miss it right now. And I think that's a good thing. Over the last 4 weeks, I've worked out maybe 6 times. The much needed mental/physical break is great. My mood is elevated, I'm happy, and I feel great. Its amazing how much better one feels when they break free from something keeping them down, and going somewhere where they're appreciated for what they do. I haven't been this happy in a long time. Too long.

Once I hit my stride in the gym, I'll be posting more. I'll get back in there this weekend, the latest. A week or so of just hitting the weights on instinct and then I plan on starting up a 2nd round of The Cube. Diet has been clean. Eating good all week and then having 1-2 good, delicious dinners on weekends. I've almost doubled my carb intake and my appetite is increasing (due to the physical labor for 8hrs each day). I think this may end up being a good thing. Nothing but chicken, grass fed beef, eggs, ezekiel bread, rice, sweet potatoes, coconut/olive oil, and fruits. Weight has dipped a bit below 230 but that'll jump right back up within a week or two .. and higher and higher. Why not take advantage of all the extra cardio? Up the calories since the cardio is up .. big gains.

mritter3
05-01-13, 8:48 pm
Things are def a changing round here, Adam you and CC were two of the staples on here and everything that you stood for represented Animal and universal to the fullest, glad to hear you are liking your new job, def sounds like an adjustment. You have paved the way for a lot of people on here, motivated many, and gave advice without hesitation to many of the newbies (myself) and helped us feel welcome on here and for that I will be forever greatful! Whoever life takes ya I hope and know you will be successful and happy! Best of luck brother!

smoothballer
05-02-13, 8:48 am
Glad to see you enjoying the new gig. You always talked about being blue collar at heart, now you are walking the walk. Respect.

Altered Beast
05-02-13, 9:11 am
It really is refreshing to hear people doing well and being happy. So much negativity these days!

We're happy for you Adam!

G Diesel
05-02-13, 10:37 am
Good to see my boy back in the building. Prospering and spreading his wings.

Look forward to slaying the weights with you soon and sharing tales of conquest over rugged, manly meals.

Peace, G

Aggression
05-04-13, 11:57 am
Things are def a changing round here, Adam you and CC were two of the staples on here and everything that you stood for represented Animal and universal to the fullest, glad to hear you are liking your new job, def sounds like an adjustment. You have paved the way for a lot of people on here, motivated many, and gave advice without hesitation to many of the newbies (myself) and helped us feel welcome on here and for that I will be forever greatful! Whoever life takes ya I hope and know you will be successful and happy! Best of luck brother!

Its been a pleasure, my man. I'm glad I could help. And I'll continue to help you and everyone else, any way that I can.

Glad to see you enjoying the new gig. You always talked about being blue collar at heart, now you are walking the walk. Respect.

Manly acts of manliness.

It really is refreshing to hear people doing well and being happy. So much negativity these days!

We're happy for you Adam!

Thanks, AB. Glad I had the chance to meet you/shoot the shit with you at this year's Arnold, as it will probably be the first/last time we ever meet face to face. It was a pleasure. Now, we bullshit on here, about training, chains, and being men.

Good to see my boy back in the building. Prospering and spreading his wings.

Look forward to slaying the weights with you soon and sharing tales of conquest over rugged, manly meals.

Peace, G

Wait until you see my calves the next time we meet. Physical on-my-feet labor for 40hrs/week is just the type of stimulus the calves need for growth ....

Aggression
05-04-13, 11:58 am
No offense to anyone else, but I don't like how my name is no longer bolded w/ an avatar. Sheisty.

GSant434
05-04-13, 2:45 pm
Prowler inbound to Pure Focus

Aggression
05-04-13, 3:04 pm
Prowler inbound to Pure Focus

#boom.

I actually just left PF. First workout in a few weeks and my stamina is definitely down. Getting back into the swing of things though. Definitely felt good to be back. Body weight is down about 10lbs over the last few weeks; 223lbs this morning. I've cleaned up the diet and doubled my carb intake. Feeling good.

Upper Body Warmup: band pulls parts and push-ups
Bench Press; worked up to 275x5
Incline DB Press: 3 sets
Straight Bar Pushdowns: 2x15
Close Grip BB Press w/ SlingShot: 3 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets
FacePulls: 2 sets
Abs: 2 sets

IntraWO: Torrent (4 scoops)

Altered Beast
05-06-13, 2:27 pm
No offense to anyone else, but I don't like how my name is no longer bolded w/ an avatar. Sheisty.

LOL!

Theonidus
05-06-13, 2:37 pm
As you are no longer at a corporate job please tell me you're growing out the mullet, the 'stache, and are cutting off flannels.

Altered Beast
05-06-13, 2:41 pm
As you are no longer at a corporate job please tell me you're growing out the mullet, the 'stache, and are cutting off flannels.

x2!!!!

Mr. Dead
05-06-13, 2:44 pm

A feeling that I know all too well...

Nix0r
05-06-13, 2:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Shukin
05-06-13, 5:42 pm
I'll never walk weight out ever in my lifetime and re-fuse to compete in any federation that puts machismo before the safety of it's lifters. It's about the lifters, precisely why I will always compete and support the SPF. There is a reason they are the biggest and most popular federation, not to mention the only one that pulls in enough revenue to give cash prizes to all lifters in every weight class!

Better not try strongman, gotta walk a long way with a 700 + pound yoke on your back at a bodyweight of 200 or less.

Altered Beast
05-07-13, 9:22 am
Better not try strongman, gotta walk a long way with a 700 + pound yoke on your back at a bodyweight of 200 or less.

That would explain the radically high injury rate in Strongman =)

Aggression
05-07-13, 6:47 pm

x2!!!!

Close. I haven't shaved my face or cut my hair since January. It's pretty legit at this point.

No bueno.

Aggression
05-07-13, 6:50 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage

Warm ups: banded hip mobility/good morning shit
Deads: 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 295x5, 340x5, 385x5
Chest Supported Row: 3x10-15
KettleBell Swings: 3 sets
Back Extensions: 2 sets
Abs: 3 sets
-stretch-

intraWO: Torrent (4)

RedlegDbell
05-07-13, 11:30 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Warm ups: banded hip mobility/good morning shit
Deads: 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 295x5, 340x5, 385x5
Chest Supported Row: 3x10-15
KettleBell Swings: 3 sets
Back Extensions: 2 sets
-stretch-

Glad to see you're back at it Adam. What hip mobility work are you hitting with bands?

Aggression
05-11-13, 1:21 pm
Glad to see you're back at it Adam. What hip mobility work are you hitting with bands?

Honestly, I do random things. Just google search 'hip mobility movements' and watch some YouTube videos. I just try all different things and it definitely works.

Aggression
05-11-13, 1:23 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Foam Rolling/Rotator Warmups
Standing BB Press: 80x5, 100x5, 120x3, 130x5, 150x5, 170x5
Side DB Laterals: 3 sets
Seated Single Arm Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets
DB Curls: 3 sets
- stretch -

intraWO: (4) Torrent

Aggression
05-11-13, 1:27 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

preWO: Rage`

Foam Roll/Rotators/Bodyweight/banded pushups/pushdowns/pullaparts/lacrosse ball massage
Bench Press: 125x5, 160x5, 190x3, 220x3, 250x3, 285x3
DB Press: 4x12
BB Row: 3 sets
- stretch -

*Really staying consistent with a proper warmup and I feel it definitely carries over to the actual weight workout. Prior to last week, I just BS-ed my warmups; a few band shits, half-ass rotator crap and then into weights. Through the last few workouts, I've done more and I definitely feel a lot more primed for the weights following.
*Today was the first day in about a month where I felt really focused, driven, motivated, and confident with the weights. A good sign. Slowly adapting and getting back into the groove.

Aggression
05-11-13, 1:30 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Warmup: foam rolling, banded hip mobility, banded good mornings, etc.
Squats: 175x5, 215x5, 260x3, 280x5, 315x1, 365x1
Hack Squat: 2x12
Leg Curl: 2x10
- stretch -

*First leg (squat) workout in almost 4 weeks. Combine that with a 5 day work-week of constant walking/carrying and this is what you get. Forget DOMS .. that shit was almost immediate. I was sore as I was walking out the door to leave. Kept it simple and light. Next week will be a bit better and so on.

Altered Beast
05-13-13, 11:27 am
Good to see you lifting again.

RedlegDbell
05-13-13, 7:44 pm
Honestly, I do random things. Just google search 'hip mobility movements' and watch some YouTube videos. I just try all different things and it definitely works.

Thanks Adam. I'll definitely be checking that out.

Aggression
05-15-13, 7:18 pm
Good to see you lifting again.

Feels good to get some blood flowing in the system .. and putting some weight on the bar. Slowly creepin' back.

Thanks Adam. I'll definitely be checking that out.

You got it, my man.

Aggression
05-15-13, 7:20 pm
White's Garage
Toms River, NJ

Dynamic Warmups; foam roll/lacrosse ball massage, banded shit
Bench Press; worked up to a set of 285x3
DB Presses: 3x15 (buddy's gym only goes up to 80lb DBs so I repped high)
BB Rows: 3 sets
- stretch -

That's it. In/out, weights were moved. Workouts are a bit shorter/simpler as of now, but it feels good.

Aggression
05-15-13, 7:22 pm
World Gym w/ Enforcer
Dunellen, NJ

no preWO

Dynamic Lower Body Warmup; banded shits and bodyweight shit
Deads: worked up to a set of 410x1
Good Mornings: 3x10
Seated Row Machine: 4 sets

Aggression
05-15-13, 7:25 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Upper Body Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to a set of 180x4
Side DB Laterals: 3 sets
Rope Pushdowns: 3 sets
DB Hammer Curls: 3 sets

Upper body feels good now. Lower body is still a bit behind. Squat/dead numbers are definitely lower, but each week is getting better. Been working out a lot more at my buddy's garage, due to comfort. Getting to my usual gym a few hours earlier than usual .. it's weird. Too many young kids, music is clubby, and a bunch of nonsense classes are constantly going on in the middle of the gym; zumba, kick-boxing, etc. I can get to my friends garage, put my own music on, get some fresh air, and kill it with the basic of the basics. He doesn't have much, but he has barbells, dumbbells, and weights. In the big picture, I feel working out there and have only the basics to use will only help me progress. When I'd usually just hit some lat pulldowns, I'm forced to either do hi-rep dumbbell rows and/or barbell rows. Better.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
05-15-13, 7:37 pm
I agree man Im trying to cut most/all machines/cables out of my training for a few months.

Theonidus
05-16-13, 10:59 am
World Gym w/ Enforcer
Dunellen, NJ

There's no way this workout was "with" Enforcer. The amount of volume that man does would break demigods.

Aggression
05-16-13, 7:01 pm
I agree man Im trying to cut most/all machines/cables out of my training for a few months.

Feelsgoodman.jpeg

There's no way this workout was "with" Enforcer. The amount of volume that man does would break demigods.

#truth. We trained together, but he did god-like amounts of volume on his chest while I did some basic deadlift/accessory stuff. He'd laugh at my volume.

Enforcer
05-17-13, 2:25 pm
World Gym w/ Enforcer
Dunellen, NJ

no preWO

Dynamic Lower Body Warmup; banded shits and bodyweight shit
Deads: worked up to a set of 410x1
Good Mornings: 3x10
Seated Row Machine: 4 sets

Was great to get to see you the other day brotha. Lookin like grizzly adams and shit lol. Def. need to get together once a month or so to train. Like I said Id be down to come down to Pure Focus.....or shit even White's garage. Idk tho he might show me up and make me never want to train again

Aggression
05-18-13, 4:40 pm
Was great to get to see you the other day brotha. Lookin like grizzly adams and shit lol. Def. need to get together once a month or so to train. Like I said Id be down to come down to Pure Focus.....or shit even White's garage. Idk tho he might show me up and make me never want to train again

The beard add massive amounts of testosterone and increases lean mass and strength by 10% with each millimeter of growth. Good to see you man. And yeah, you should definitely come down for a garage workout and then we can grab some drinks on the boards.

Aggression
05-18-13, 4:43 pm
White's Garage
Toms River, NJ

Dynamic Lower Body Warmup; foam roll, banded shits, bodyweight shits
Squats: 175x5, 215x5, 260x3, 300x3, 345x2, 390x3 PR
Single Leg DB SLDL: 2 sets

*worked an overtime shift today. That puts me at 48hrs of manual labor, on my feet lugging heavy fuckers all day long. Left work and headed straight for the gym for my second squat workout after a 4 week layoff from training. Last week's squat session, I was only able to grind out 1 rep with 315. Today, I blasted up 390x3 for an ALL-TIME REP PR. Felt great. Said 'fuck it' to accessory training, going with the notion of 'Not Doing Jack Shit' ala Jim Wendler, threw in some SLDLs to finish it off and headed home. #boom

J-Dawg
05-18-13, 11:08 pm
Way to go on the rep PR A!

FYI... NG now has the second biggest squat and deadlift in our room... #boom

Altered Beast
05-20-13, 9:10 am
PR's are fun =)

How are you liking the manual labor?

Aggression
05-25-13, 4:51 pm
Way to go on the rep PR A!

FYI... NG now has the second biggest squat and deadlift in our room... #boom

That's big time. NG is only competitive when someone else takes the throne on a lift. Otherwise, he's in cruise control. You got a bigger dead and he's motivated to beat you; win-win.

PR's are fun =)

How are you liking the manual labor?

I love it. It definitely takes a toll on your lifting, to say the least. Numbers I joked around with a month or two earlier are now difficult. For example, I barely got a single with 410 on squats, wrapped. That was joke weight. So I've significantly lowered my numbers, thus lowering my working percentages. I have to take a few steps back in order to move forward. But its all a part of the game. I'll work back up to it.

Aggression
05-25-13, 4:55 pm
I've been keeping shit basic/simple while I ease back into the weights. I've been doing the main movements with 2-3 assistance to get the work in.

Sunday: Benched, worked up to 300x2 and then some assistance
Tuesday: Deads, worked up to 430 and then some good mornings and rows
Friday: Squats, worked up to 410x1, wrapped, followed by seated good mornings and single leg standing sldl's
Saturday (today): benched, worked up to 245x7 followed by hammer strength presses, db rows (120sx6 barehanded/no chalk), decline cgbp, face pulls

Deads up next, probably Tuesday. Slowly increasing volume and eating more. Physique-wise, I'm looking lean as fuck; ~223-225lbs, abs are showing, veins are appearing, muscles are separating. Feeling good, looking good. Life.

Aggression
06-01-13, 12:51 pm
Friday. After a handful of hellacious days working outside in the 95+ degree weather, the majority head home and crack a beer, aimlessly channel surfing until they pass out on the couch. Me? My day ain't over yet. It's squat day. While the rest of the Jersey Shore traffic head East on Route37 [towards Seaside Heights], I head West, to White's Garage. Beat down, drained, and nearly vanquished, I go through my warmups with Killswitch Engage acting as the only voice within range, motivating me to keep going, keep pushing. Drenched shirt, dust settled, I leave his garage just as I came in; alone. But I leave with a belt-less rep PR; one day closer to being better than I used to be.

Altered Beast
06-03-13, 11:41 am
YEAH BUDDY! Don't let the man keep you down!!!!!!!!!

Kowboy
06-03-13, 11:50 am
Friday. After a handful of hellacious days working outside in the 95+ degree weather, the majority head home and crack a beer, aimlessly channel surfing until they pass out on the couch. Me? My day ain't over yet. It's squat day. While the rest of the Jersey Shore traffic head East on Route37 [towards Seaside Heights], I head West, to White's Garage. Beat down, drained, and nearly vanquished, I go through my warmups with Killswitch Engage acting as the only voice within range, motivating me to keep going, keep pushing. Drenched shirt, dust settled, I leave his garage just as I came in; alone. But I leave with a belt-less rep PR; one day closer to being better than I used to be.

That is why we do what we do. I can't say I leave work exhausted physical but there are days where my mind is numb. Without the gym I would be a madman I know it. Nice work man, PR's after days like that are amazing man.

freighttraindane
06-03-13, 11:50 am

This is all kinds of Badass!

J-Dawg
06-03-13, 11:51 am

Good to see you keeping up with the training despite working outside all day in the hot weather.

When's the next meet??

JUGGERNAUT
06-03-13, 12:36 pm
I'm jealous of your tan

Altered Beast
06-03-13, 1:34 pm
I'm jealous of your tan

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggression
06-03-13, 2:19 pm
YEAH BUDDY! Don't let the man keep you down!!!!!!!!!

Never. NEVER.

That is why we do what we do. I can't say I leave work exhausted physical but there are days where my mind is numb. Without the gym I would be a madman I know it. Nice work man, PR's after days like that are amazing man.

Always feels good to hit a PR. Feels even better when the odds are stacked against you.

This is all kinds of Badass!

Always, my friend. Always.

Good to see you keeping up with the training despite working outside all day in the hot weather.

When's the next meet??

Good question. I've had to significantly lower my percentages in order to hit the required reps/sets. So right now, I'm 'under construction', both figuratively and literally. But I'm starting to hit a great groove, I feel great, look even better, and have a new-found motivation for training. The idea now? Hit the 5/3/1 for a few more waves using the percentages I'm at now, retest/reset my max lifts, and then use the Cube for the 10 weeks leading into the .. September meet? Maybe. We'll have to see how everything plays out. Right now, I'm just loving the simple lifting I'm doing.

I'm jealous of your tan

Not you're not. I'm covered all day, inside a building. So the sun isn't directly beating on me. If it was ... I'd be maxing out at 200lbs on the bench press, ha!

Aggression
06-03-13, 2:22 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

*work was cut early due to the rain, so I was able to hit the gym rather strong and ready

Dynamic Warmups: foam roll, lacrosse ball, banded shits, body weight stuff
Bench Press worked up to 255x8
DB Press: 3 sets
T-Bar Row [barbell lodged in corner]: 3 sets using 25s b/c I'd rather get a bigger ROM than try to look badass using a bunch of 45s for half reps
Weighted Dips: 3 sets
Banded Facepulls: 2 sets

Aggression
06-08-13, 9:44 am
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmup
Deads: worked up to 370x3
Lat Pulls: 3 sets
Single Leg SLDL: 3 sets

*fine tuning and tweaking the conv deadlift. Feeling better and better each session

Aggression
06-08-13, 9:45 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 160x7
-- Pullups x F between all 3 work sets of BB Press --
Tricep Pushdowns: 3 sets
EZ Bar Curl: 3 sets

Aggression
06-08-13, 3:26 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmup; foam rolling, banded hip mobility/good mornings, etc.
Squats: worked up to a top set of 295x7
Snatch-Grip Deads off a 45lb Bumper Plate: 3 sets
DB Shrugs w/ Fat Gripz: 3 sets

06-08-13, 8:43 pm
Those snatch grip deads will getcha..

mcbeast
06-11-13, 10:50 am
Solid work.. Getting stronger! Still drinking PBR's?

Aggression
06-12-13, 6:58 pm
Those snatch grip deads will getcha..

feelsgoodman.jpeg

Solid work.. Getting stronger! Still drinking PBR's?

That better be rhetorical.

Aggression
06-12-13, 7:00 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Didn't feel like lifting. So I made a deal with myself; if I hit my top set for 3 reps (on '1' week, I'd go home).

Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press; multiple warm up sets and my top set was 270x3
Band Tricep Pressdowns; 50 reps

went home

Aggression
06-12-13, 7:01 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmup
Deads: several warmup [acclimation sets] followed by my top sets of '1' week. Was 390x1+, banged out 3 reps, belt-less [struggled to pull 370x3, WITH a belt last week. PR]
Chest Supported T-Bar Row: 3 sets
Banded GMs: 2 sets
DB Shrugs: 2 sets

06-12-13, 8:15 pm
I hate pulling in a belt, I'm battling whether I want to use one or not.

Aggression
06-13-13, 6:38 am

Lately I've only been belting up for higher sets. But this triple with 390 was the most I've done beltless, ever. Next time I'll give 405 a try. Theory? Build a stronger lift without it so that once you finally belt up, hopefully you'll be able to pull even bigger weight with ease? Time will tell.

smoothballer
06-13-13, 7:16 am
How have you been liking the blue collar life? Lifting seems like it is still headed in the right direction? Leaning out any with all the manual labor on the daily?

Altered Beast
06-13-13, 10:08 am

The trick is to wear it one notch looser than you would squatting. Also, put the front of the belt higher up on your belly and keep it low on the rear side. This works great for us short waisted lifters!

Theonidus
06-13-13, 10:13 am
Didn't feel like lifting. So I made a deal with myself; if I hit my top set for 3 reps (on '1' week, I'd go home).

It would appear that you need to make such deals with yourself more often.

JUGGERNAUT
06-13-13, 10:41 am
Good stuff Agg!

J-Dawg
06-13-13, 11:36 am
Lately I've only been belting up for higher sets. But this triple with 390 was the most I've done beltless, ever. Next time I'll give 405 a try. Theory? Build a stronger lift without it so that once you finally belt up, hopefully you'll be able to pull even bigger weight with ease? Time will tell.

Nice A. Way to go on that beltless PR. I feel that training deads beltless really helped me out for the last meet. For the most part, I will continue to pull without one!

Aggression
06-13-13, 4:45 pm
How have you been liking the blue collar life? Lifting seems like it is still headed in the right direction? Leaning out any with all the manual labor on the daily?

Brother, I couldn't be happier. I went from 235lbs down to sub 220ish, but that was due to drastically cleaning up my diet [in addition to the increased caloric burn from the daily labor]. I've wrestled back up to 225ish, and I'm lean as hell. My waist dropped down 2 belt notches and the abbies are punching through. Veins are in to say 'hello' too. I love it. And most importantly, the strength is climbing back up and I'm really groovin' right now.

The trick is to wear it one notch looser than you would squatting. Also, put the front of the belt higher up on your belly and keep it low on the rear side. This works great for us short waisted lifters!

Solid tip. I'll give it a try.

It would appear that you need to make such deals with yourself more often.

On the days I don't really feel it, I definitely make those deals. Get in, squat, go home. I don't care if I spent only 25min actually lifting. If i walk outta there with a PR, then its been a productive day.

Good stuff Agg!

The 'naut. I hope all is well on your end.

Nice A. Way to go on that beltless PR. I feel that training deads beltless really helped me out for the last meet. For the most part, I will continue to pull without one!

Its a fine line for me. I'm getting stronger without one, but I have to be weary. I can't overly stress the lower back due to working/hoisting shit all day on the job site. Gotta play it smart. But I'm a fucking genius so it's all good .... #what.

Aggression
06-13-13, 4:48 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmup
Standing BB Press; worked up to 165x7
JM Presses: 2 sets
Banded Pressdowns: 1 set
Upright Rows: 2 sets
DB Laterals: 1 set
DB Curls: 3 sets

JUGGERNAUT
06-13-13, 4:51 pm
[QUOTE=Aggression;1324179]
The 'naut. I hope all is well on your end.

Bro, I'm not flexible enough to let you know how my end is... nor do I want to know, or EVER want to be that flexible.

Just answer me this. You still up for Calzones?

Aggression
06-15-13, 3:49 pm
Bro, I'm not flexible enough to let you know how my end is... nor do I want to know, or EVER want to be that flexible.

Just answer me this. You still up for Calzones?

Rhetorical

Aggression
06-15-13, 3:52 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

preWO: 18 holes of golf, buffalo wings, a bacon cheeseburger w/ fries, and 2 pints of Yuengling

Dynamic Warmups
SQ: many work sets, topped out at 310x6
KettleBell Swings: 2 sets

Apparently #SetPRsDrinkPBRs works in reverse order too. #win.

Aggression
06-25-13, 5:43 pm
After the last posted workout, above, I took about 5 days off and headed back into the gym for another wave of the 5/3/1. I did deads, bench presses, and squats. I think I may opt out of the military pressing. Instead, I think I'm just going to add in some type of pressing in an accessory sense on bench days, right after the main exercise.

For my 3 main movements during the '5' week, I hit between 6-7 reps, so all is well.

Here's my diet

1. 2s IsoWhey, 1 banana, 1/2c oats
2. 7oz chicken, 6oz sweet potato
3. piece of fruit, 1oz nuts
4. 7oz chicken, 6oz sweet potato

On non-training days
5. 5 whole eggs, 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, piece of fruit
6. 2s Whey in Almond milk

On training days
5. Torrent [4s intra workout]
6. 8oz organic ground beef, 1c white rice, piece of fruit
7. 2s whey in Chocolate Almond Milk

Altered Beast
06-26-13, 9:10 am
Glad to hear working in the heat isn't wearing down your training!

JUGGERNAUT
06-26-13, 9:41 am
7. 2s whey in Chocolate Almond Milk!!!!---- aggression

I just found out how super choc almond milk is! SOLD!

Altered Beast
06-26-13, 11:04 am

Part of a new NAUTSICLE recipe?!?!?

Aggression
06-26-13, 5:56 pm
Glad to hear working in the heat isn't wearing down your training!

It's been brutal all this week. Tomorrow it's suppose to cool off a bit, but it won't make much a difference. Its draining, no doubt. I've been bringing 64oz of water and 64oz of Gatorade and going through it by 2pm. I'll live.

Its amazing.

Aggression
06-26-13, 5:59 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 155x8
Band Pushdowns: 3 sets
Barbell Curls: 3 sets
DB Laterals w/ Fat Gripz: 1 set till failure

Too damn hot today. Left work, jumped in my parents pool to cool off, and then went to my buddy's gym. Humidity is death. I hit the main movement, some easy accessory and headed home. In the end, as long as my main set was pushed hard and done right, I'm happy. And yeah, a few posts up, I said I would probably stray away from the military press, and then I do it the following day. Whatever.

smoothballer
06-27-13, 9:23 am
And yeah, a few posts up, I said I would probably stray away from the military press, and then I do it the following day. Whatever.

Just do what the beard commands and you won't stray

Altered Beast
06-27-13, 9:51 am
Best way to build the Bench is the Strict OHP. It only lost it's prestige when it was taken out of the Olympics in the late 70's and is making a huge comeback.

Theonidus
06-27-13, 10:15 am
Best way to build the Bench is the Strict OHP. It only lost it's prestige when it was taken out of the Olympics in the late 70's and is making a huge comeback.

You mean that lift that you're taking out of your own program?

Altered Beast
06-27-13, 10:22 am
You mean that lift that you're taking out of your own program?

Are y'all fuckin retarded? Go back and re-read. It says that I'm restricting the volume on the OHP and removing the Incline Bench Press.

I should write my posts in multiple colors for y'all.

Aggression
06-27-13, 7:27 pm
Just do what the beard commands and you won't stray

It will never steer me wrong. Never.

I think it's the toughest movement. Pure, brute strength. Win.

Are y'all fuckin retarded? Go back and re-read. It says that I'm restricting the volume on the OHP and removing the Incline Bench Press.

I should write my posts in multiple colors for y'all.

Relax

Aggression
06-29-13, 1:06 pm
Thursday: Deadlifts. Worked up to a top set of 365x3, I believe. Wanted more but bar felt uneven. Got the 'required reps' and moved on.

Saturday: Bench Press: worked up to a top set of 265x4; no spot/no lift-off. Followed up with HS Incline Presses, Dips, Pullups, and Abs.

Squats up next ..

naturalguy
06-29-13, 7:48 pm
Thursday: Deadlifts. Worked up to a top set of 365x3, I believe. Wanted more but bar felt uneven. Got the 'required reps' and moved on.

Saturday: Bench Press: worked up to a top set of 265x4; no spot/no lift-off. Followed up with HS Incline Presses, Dips, Pullups, and Abs.

Squats up next ..

Getting the work in, good to see

Firedrake
06-29-13, 8:57 pm

Squats up next ..

Well, I can get that on -rack- deads, but from the floor? Ain't happenin'. Great work.

Bench looks good . . .

Good luck with the squats!

Enforcer
06-30-13, 9:36 am
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 155x8
Band Pushdowns: 3 sets
Barbell Curls: 3 sets
DB Laterals w/ Fat Gripz: 1 set till failure

Too damn hot today. Left work, jumped in my parents pool to cool off, and then went to my buddy's gym. Humidity is death. I hit the main movement, some easy accessory and headed home. In the end, as long as my main set was pushed hard and done right, I'm happy. And yeah, a few posts up, I said I would probably stray away from the military press, and then I do it the following day. Whatever.

Just saw White at our 4 yr. reenlistment, talking shit as always...lol. Hope all is well brotha, def have to try and get 2gether soon

Aggression
07-01-13, 7:00 pm
Getting the work in, good to see

Always, my brotha.

Well, I can get that on -rack- deads, but from the floor? Ain't happenin'. Great work.

Bench looks good . . .

Good luck with the squats!

Thanks

Just saw White at our 4 yr. reenlistment, talking shit as always...lol. Hope all is well brotha, def have to try and get 2gether soon

I wouldn't expect anything less, haha. And damn, 4 years already. Congrats.

Aggression
07-01-13, 7:02 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmup
SQ: 135x5, 185x5, 235x3, 270x3, 305x4 [all with no belt]
KettleBell Swings: 2 sets

done. simple.

Aggression
07-04-13, 12:02 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 165x6 w/ pullups in between each working set (3)
Dips w/ 20lb chain around neck: 3xF
Seated Preacher Bench Bicep Curls: 3 sets
Standing Rope Crunch: 2 sets

Aggression
07-05-13, 5:47 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deads: warmups, 315x5, 355x3, 395x2
Weighted Hypers: 3
DB Shrugs: 3
Standing Single Leg Curl: 2

Nix0r
07-05-13, 7:28 pm
Aww yeah. Good shit.

Enforcer
07-08-13, 11:07 am
Just wanted to drop by and say whats up brotha, hope all is going well with the new job. Def. let me know when you are in the area again so we can get together for a session

Aggression
07-12-13, 4:58 pm
Just wanted to drop by and say whats up brotha, hope all is going well with the new job. Def. let me know when you are in the area again so we can get together for a session

No doubt. I'm working in Mahwah right now. So I hit up Vinny's personal training studio this past Tuesday, burning time before my meeting. But I'll definitely make another trip over to you soon. Or vice versa, my friend.

Aggression
07-12-13, 5:01 pm
The Training Station (Vinny Galanti's Personal Training Studio)
Mahwah, NJ

*Been working in Mahwah as of late. I get out of work at 2pm and instead of driving 95miles back home and then another 50-ish back up north for a meeting at 530, I shot over to Vinny's studio to train before the meeting

Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press: worked up to 275x3
Slight Incline DB Presses: 2 sets
Pullups: 2xF
Tricep Pushdowns w/ Rope: 2 sets

in/out and headed over to the meeting.

Aggression
07-12-13, 5:02 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
SQ: worked up to 320x3 (no belt)
SnatchGrip Deads: 4 sets
Standing Single Leg Romanian Deads w/ DB: 2 sets

Enforcer
07-14-13, 5:30 pm
No doubt. I'm working in Mahwah right now. So I hit up Vinny's personal training studio this past Tuesday, burning time before my meeting. But I'll definitely make another trip over to you soon. Or vice versa, my friend.

Sounds good brotha, you know me always down to make a lil road trip for a session

Aggression
07-16-13, 7:38 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 170x5, strict
-Circuit-
--Pullups & Pushups: 5 total rounds w/ mixed grips/hand placement
--DB Shrugs & 'Buddy 21s': 3 total rounds

Done. Way too hot/humid to do anything else.

Taking a few extra days off after this last 5/3/1 wave. Starting up another one later this week.

Aggression
07-18-13, 4:46 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deadlifts: 280x5, 320x5, 365x6
KB Swings: 3 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 2 sets
Hammer Curls: 2 sets

*Been hurting this week. The temperature, the humidity, it's fucking death. Drinking well over a gallon of water and pissing once all day. But it builds character. And it makes you more of a man. #UnionTilliDie #MadeInAmerica

Theonidus
07-18-13, 4:47 pm
A gallon of water? What is this nonsense?
Needs more PBRs.

J-Dawg
07-18-13, 4:48 pm
Stay hydrated out there big A! In your honor, we're still religiously pushing the prowler each week. This week we hit up Tues/Thurs with a little football after.

Aggression
07-18-13, 5:23 pm
A gallon of water? What is this nonsense?
Needs more PBRs.

Actually, I just drank one. Gallons of water during work, more during training, hit a PR, shower up, PBR for post-WO. Rinse/repeat

Stay hydrated out there big A! In your honor, we're still religiously pushing the prowler each week. This week we hit up Tues/Thurs with a little football after.

Remember how bad I used to sweat while prowling? Imagine that and .. add in jeans, a hard-hat, and extend it by 7hrs. #lolque

Altered Beast
07-19-13, 9:18 am
DANGIT Agg! You went union on me =|

I guess in a union state it only makes sense!

Aggression
07-23-13, 6:05 pm
DANGIT Agg! You went union on me =|

I guess in a union state it only makes sense!

Fair enough!

Aggression
07-23-13, 6:08 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
SQ: worked up to 295x7
Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets
Good Mornings w/ SSB: 3 sets
Machine Shrugs: 3 sets
Prowler: 1 sprint w/ GSant

Typically, I don't train on Sunday. But, I had to make an exception since the U-Crew was in town, hitting up my hometown gym for one of their stops on the JerseyShoreRoadTrip. Got to shoot the shit with my old co-workers and some other good men.

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/c094e4b8f25911e29ad122000aa8027e_7.jpg

Altered Beast
07-24-13, 9:26 am
Dang! A beard plus a trippy bandana! I must be out of the loop =)

Its fun to CC with some size back on his frame!

Nix0r
07-24-13, 3:00 pm
Soon...

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/poor-opie.jpg

J-Dawg
07-24-13, 3:57 pm
Epic beard man...

Altered Beast
07-24-13, 4:20 pm
Soon...

LOL!!!! Nix is still alive!

Epic beard man...

X2

Aggression
07-25-13, 6:15 pm
Dang! A beard plus a trippy bandana! I must be out of the loop =)

Its fun to CC with some size back on his frame!

I'm off the grid, interwebz wise, now. I just work, train, and be manly. #boom

Soon...

I'm re-watching Season5 right now, preparing for the Season6 premier in September. The next episode up? ... Layin' Pipe. I do not want to watch it again but I feel I need to b/c there's more to that episode than just that seen. But damn, a manly, bearded man will shed tears. #fuck

Epic beard man...

You still have yours? Or did you get soft and get a little trim-tim?

Aggression
07-25-13, 6:18 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: 120x5, 140x5, 155x7
Push Presses: 165x7, 175x6, 185x5, 195x4, 205x3, 215x2
Banded Pressdowns: 2 sets
Hammer Curls: 2 sets

*Fried. Done. Taking about a week off at this point. Been going about 3 months straight. Combine that with working out in the heat wave and I can feel my body starting to push back a bit. Over-tired, loss of appetite. So I'm going to let off the juice for a bit to reset. Back around for Wave3, week 2 (3-week) in a few days. #boom

Aggression
07-25-13, 6:27 pm
with T.Dirty in the midst ..

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66419_979787311559_200628095_n.jpg

smoothballer
07-28-13, 12:24 pm
I'm re-watching Season5 right now, preparing for the Season6 premier in September. The next episode up? ... Layin' Pipe. I do not want to watch it again but I feel I need to b/c there's more to that episode than just that seen. But damn, a manly, bearded man will shed tears. #fuck

Damn, I don't know if I could watch that episode again. He was by far my favorite character and I remember being in such shock that I couldn't believe that just happened although the writing was on the wall.

Aggression
07-31-13, 4:54 pm
Damn, I don't know if I could watch that episode again. He was by far my favorite character and I remember being in such shock that I couldn't believe that just happened although the writing was on the wall.

I watched it, but fast forwarded through that scene. But then watched the final scene of the episode where they carry his casket out of the room and into the hearse with that song playing. Damn ...

Aggression
07-31-13, 4:56 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deads: worked up to 300x3, 340x3, 385x4 w/ no belt
DB Row (resting db on the ground for 1s between each rep): 2 sets
Romanian Deads w/ Smith Machine: 2 sets

Aggression
08-01-13, 5:04 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press: worked up to 210x3, 240x3, 265x5
- add SlingShot -
295x3, 315x1, 350x1, 365x1
Tricep Pressdowns: 2 sets
- super set w/ -
Pullups: 2xF

Aggression
08-03-13, 3:34 pm
White's Garage
Toms River NJ

Fasted Training: I've often bashed the idea of fasting training. My reasoning was that your body needs some type of sustenance pre-training order to be used effectively when it comes to the weights. But I know a lot of people swear by it. So in order to gain more experience/knowledge, I decided to try it out this morning ... with squats.

Dynamic Warmups
Squats: warmups, 240x3, 275x3, 310x5 (+1 w/ RestPause)
Lat Pulldowns: 2 sets
Front BB Squats: 2 sets
Standing Single SLDL: 1 set

Conclusion: I felt a bit weaker and I was a bit jittery through the session. That could have been a combination of both 'mental' and the fact that all I had pre-training (all day at that point) was 1c of coffee and a serving of #RAGE. As far as training went, I hit my numbers and then some. On the '3' week, I hit 5+1. I WANTED 7 b/c my best set with 310 at this point has been 6. But I'll chalk that up to multiple things (not just b/c my training was fasted). I think I'll do this whole 'fasted' training every Saturday morning for the next few weeks and see what happens. Never stop learning. Never stop educating yourself. Be your own guinea pig in the never-ending search for knowledge.

Aggression
08-06-13, 4:51 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: warmups, 135x3, 145x3, 165x5
Decline CGBP: 3 sets
BB Curls: 3 sets
- super set w/ -
DB Shrugs: 3 sets
Abs: 2 SuperSets (Rope Crunch w/ Hanging Knee Raises)

Aggression
08-09-13, 5:55 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deads: warmups, 320x5, 365x3, 405x2
Suspended Good Mornings: 2 sets
Close Grip Lat Pulls: 2 sets

*This was a big milestone for me. I've never attempted to pull 405 without a belt. Got it for 2 last night. I'm happy with my progress as of late; switching back to conventional and dropping the belt. Its getting tougher and tougher to hit the required numbers, but that just means I gotta up the calories and make sure my priority is always aimed at strength (not getting 'lean' and/or jumping back and forth; an issue I battle constantly). I wanted to belt up, but figured I'd save it for a few more waves down the line and really surprise myself.

rainman
08-09-13, 6:52 pm
I'm glad you brought up belts. Was it you who ordered one of Bob's Belts a while back? If so, how did it turn out relative to the cost? Are they worth the extra?

I've been running beltless on both my squats and pulls recently, only using one for when I'm about 80-85% towards my one rep max and certainly feel it's improved my lifting.

Nix0r
08-09-13, 8:12 pm
Awwwww yeah. Good shit.

Aggression
08-11-13, 10:35 am
I'm glad you brought up belts. Was it you who ordered one of Bob's Belts a while back? If so, how did it turn out relative to the cost? Are they worth the extra?

I've been running beltless on both my squats and pulls recently, only using one for when I'm about 80-85% towards my one rep max and certainly feel it's improved my lifting.

Buy a belt from Bob. /of story.

Ok, I'll add some more for ya: Prior to buying from Bob, I have an Inzer Forever belt (2-prong). Everyone told me Inzer belts are the best out there. But I wasn't happy with it. After 2 years of rigid use, it was still rather stiff. On a whim, NaturalGuy and I bought Bobs Belt. I bought a single prong belt. Order was quick/efficient and the belt arrived in the prescribed time (which was 6-8 weeks, I believe). Each belt was made to order, so it took a bit of time. When my belt from Bob arrived, it was already much more broken in, right out of the box, than my Inzer belt was ... after 2 years of using it. Needless to say, if you're looking for a [new] belt, I'd go with Bob over Inzer.

Awwwww yeah. Good shit.

#boom

rainman
08-11-13, 11:54 am
Cheers for the recommendation. I'll probably get stung at UK customs if I order it, but there seems to be quite a lot of satisfied customers out there, so think it may be worth the extra.

I seem to have done the exact opposite as you as I've switched from conventional pulling to sumo. 4 plates each side beltless is some milestone by the way. Good work.

Aggression
08-13-13, 6:10 pm
Cheers for the recommendation. I'll probably get stung at UK customs if I order it, but there seems to be quite a lot of satisfied customers out there, so think it may be worth the extra.

I seem to have done the exact opposite as you as I've switched from conventional pulling to sumo. 4 plates each side beltless is some milestone by the way. Good work.

Ah, yeah that would suck. I'm not too sure how international shipping works. Maybe request to mark it as a 'gift'? I know we had a few international customers for Animal who requested that when we shipped gear overseas. Seemed to work.

Thanks, my man. I'm slowly working back up to a bigger conventional pull. My best ever conventional pull was 455, I believe (years ago). I've pulled 505 sumo, at my last meet. Looking forward, one of my goals at my next meet is to hit or pass my best pull of 505 .. conventional. We'll see what happens. With each training session, I feel more and more comfortable with it.

Aggression
08-13-13, 6:15 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press: warmups, 225x5, 250x3, 280x3
Military Press: 140x5, 155x3, 175x3
Giant Set: Pullups/DB Hammers/Rope Crunch/Hanging Knee Raise: 2 sets, no rest in between

Decided to bang out both BP and MP in the same workout. One more training session left in the '1' week .. and that's squats. Looking forward to hitting that and then I'm off to Myrtle Beach for a week's vacation with the family. It'll be our 23rd consecutive year down there. And I look forward to it year 23 just as much as I did year 1. Family is everything. As always, there will be no training, no dieting, nothing but relaxing on the beach, drinking, and lots of dirty eating. Live your life. But before the fun in the sun begins ... I gotta nail down squats .. 330x1+ ... #boom.

RedlegDbell
08-13-13, 7:11 pm
Are you as big a fan of The Cube as I am? Enjoy the family time in SC Adam!

Aggression
08-13-13, 9:07 pm
Are you as big a fan of The Cube as I am? Enjoy the family time in SC Adam!

The Cube? Yes. I liked it. I ran it back in February and ran one cycle. Since then, I've been doing 531. I think I'm at Wave4 straight now, on the final week.

Aggression
08-15-13, 11:26 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
SQ: warmups, 265x5, 295x3, 330x2, add belt > 365x1
Hack Squat: 2 sets
BB Romanian SLDL: 2 sets
Planks: 2 sets for 60s each

*Tried fasted training again (2nd time w/ SQ). Not too bad. I can see myself doing a fasted session on the weekends to get in/get out and have the entire day ahead.
*Added my belt for the first time in several months, hitting 365 for a smooth single. Going forward, I plan on implementing heavier singles now and then to get accustomed to heavy weights. Maybe a meet in the near future ...
*Final training session. I am going on a family vacation Sunday morning, for a week. No diets, no training, lots of brews and food.

08-15-13, 11:32 am
Good to see ya yesterday buddy!

Aggression
08-24-13, 9:40 am
Good to see ya yesterday buddy!

Good to see you too, sir.

Aggression
08-24-13, 9:50 am
I've been away on a family vacation since last weekend. Each year, i vacation down in SC. A week of heavy eating, heavy drinking, and very minimal worry for overall health. And each year, about 1/2 way through the trip, I get a sense of motivation. A desire. Determination. The flame that often whittles down to almost nothing during the summer months gets a hefty dose of gasoline tossed into it.

I need the weights. I need to consume massive, hearty calories. When down here, I often reflect back on the last few weeks of training; soft. I reflect on the last few weeks of my diet; or lack thereof. As the vacation dwindles down, I yearn for consistency, the same consistency that was nonexistent through the last few weeks.

A flame reignited. A desire reborn. The levels of determination are never higher than when you want to right the ship but have to wait a few more days. I fly home tonight. You can bet your asses I'll be in the gym very soon. You can bet your asses I'll be breaking open several eggs tomorrow morning, while I sip coffee and wait for te oats to cook. Crusted-eyed, weak, depleted, and soft and smoothed over, I'll be back in the lab. I'll be building back to where I was. And more.

Each year i come back, build back, and surpass the previous years Aggression. This year will be no different. This year will be the best yet.

Aggression has been dormant. Aggression has been awoken. Aggression is coming ...

Firefist
08-24-13, 11:27 am
Awesome. Vacation always does that for me too.

I read alot through your backloading log and enjoyed it alot. Can you give me your overall feeling towards it?

Aggression
08-24-13, 4:09 pm
Awesome. Vacation always does that for me too.

I read alot through your backloading log and enjoyed it alot. Can you give me your overall feeling towards it?

A lot of people ask for my feedback on CBL. Here it is:

CBL is a great dieting method for those looking to take a mental break from 'real' dieting. But it's lifestyle dependent. For me, I had no problem skipping breakfast, going to work, grazing on a couple pro/fat meals and then slamming carbs post training. However, for me personally, it was very hard putting the breaks on the carb binging each night. The book says 'splurge' on carbs: ice cream, pastries, etc. I often did. While eating like a house, I was able to maintain what I had and even improve, physically. However, I don't believe it was the 'healthiest' way to eat, due to the types of carbs. And as Brandon Lilly and I agreed, workouts were always 'iffy'. You never knew if you were going to have a good day in the gym based on how you felt. My advice to everyone would be to try it out and see what happens. I will continue to go back to it every now and then when I want a break from 'real dieting'. But I personally wouldn't use it if you're looking for big gains in muscle mass and/or fat loss.

Aggression
08-27-13, 4:38 pm
Pure Focus
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmup
Deadlifts off 3'' block: worked up to a max rep set, 320#
Deadlifts off 6'' block: 1 set, 340#
Olympic Squats (paused): 2 sets
Rope Pull-Throughs: 1 Rest/Pause set
Planks: 2 sets at 60s each.

Today starts my prep for the 2013 RPS Autumn Apocalypse, being held on November 2.

RedlegDbell
08-28-13, 10:37 am
Pure Focus
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmup
Deadlifts off 3'' block: worked up to a max rep set, 320#
Deadlifts off 6'' block: 1 set, 340#
Olympic Squats (paused): 2 sets
Rope Pull-Throughs: 1 Rest/Pause set
Planks: 2 sets at 60s each.

Today starts my prep for the 2013 RPS Autumn Apocalypse, being held on November 2.

Awesome! Do you know yet what weight class and do you have your sights set on any meet goals yet?

Aggression
08-28-13, 3:24 pm
Awesome! Do you know yet what weight class and do you have your sights set on any meet goals yet?

I should be in the 220s. Right now, I'm around 218 in the morning. I've started a specific diet for this meet as of Sunday, so we'll see what happens. As for meet goals; my best total is 1300, as a 242'er. I want to beat that total as a 220'er. Within that realm, I'd like to best my squat and pull 500+ conventional (I've strictly pulled sumo in all previous meets, hitting 505 as my all time best).

Aggression
08-29-13, 4:47 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage/IsoWhey/1/2c oats

Dynamic Warmup
Floor Press: worked up to 275x5, paused
Close Grip pin-press: worked up to a rest/pause set with 225: 6/2/2
Seated Overhead Press: worked up to a rest/pause set
Pullups: 3xF [various grips]
DB Rows: 2 sets (last set 130sx8)

Aggression
08-29-13, 4:53 pm
Meet: 2013 RPS Autumn Apocalypse - November 2nd (currently a bit more than 10 weeks out)
Training: using CubeExtreme 11-week program, right into the meet
Cardio: none right now, but will implement over time

Diet:

Training Days:
1. 2s iso whey, 1tbsp nut butter, 1c coffee
2. 6oz chicken, veggies
2. 6oz chicken, veggies
3. 2s iso whey, 1/2 oats, 1tbsp nut butter, (preWO)
4. Torrent (4 scoops) [intra-training]
5. 8oz ground beef, 1c white rice
6. 2s iso whey, 1slice ezekiel bread w/ 1tbsp butter

Off Days:
1. 4 whole eggs in 1tbsp coconut oil, 1/2c spinach
2. 2s iso whey, 1/2 berries
3. 6oz chicken, 4oz yams
4. 6oz chicken, veggies
5. 6oz chicken, veggies
6. 2s iso whey and some carb rich meal (pancakes w/ maple syrup)

Diet won't always be 100% as listed above, but the idea remains the same; low carb on off days, higher carbs implement on training days, around the workout. Starting weight as of 8/25 was 222lbs. We'll see what happens ..

Altered Beast
08-30-13, 9:01 am
A man with a solid plan rarely fails! Every battle is won, before it's fought.

Shukin
08-30-13, 10:40 am
Meet: 2013 RPS Autumn Apocalypse - November 2nd (currently a bit more than 10 weeks out)
Training: using CubeExtreme 11-week program, right into the meet
Cardio: none right now, but will implement over time

Diet:

Training Days:
1. 2s iso whey, 1tbsp nut butter, 1c coffee
2. 6oz chicken, veggies
2. 6oz chicken, veggies
3. 2s iso whey, 1/2 oats, 1tbsp nut butter, (preWO)
4. Torrent (4 scoops) [intra-training]
5. 8oz ground beef, 1c white rice
6. 2s iso whey, 1slice ezekiel bread w/ 1tbsp butter

Off Days:
1. 4 whole eggs in 1tbsp coconut oil, 1/2c spinach
2. 2s iso whey, 1/2 berries
3. 6oz chicken, 4oz yams
4. 6oz chicken, veggies
5. 6oz chicken, veggies
6. 2s iso whey and some carb rich meal (pancakes w/ maple syrup)

Diet won't always be 100% as listed above, but the idea remains the same; low carb on off days, higher carbs implement on training days, around the workout. Starting weight as of 8/25 was 222lbs. We'll see what happens ..

Nice, I'll see if I can make it out there to support you

08-30-13, 10:45 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41540-Animal-Annihilation-at-RPS-Autumn-Apocalypse-Nov-2nd

Shukin
08-30-13, 10:54 am
What's your goal weight?

Aggression
08-30-13, 3:04 pm
A man with a solid plan rarely fails! Every battle is won, before it's fought.

We'll see what happens.

Nice, I'll see if I can make it out there to support you

Thank you.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41540-Animal-Annihilation-at-RPS-Autumn-Apocalypse-Nov-2nd

in

What's your goal weight?

I don't have a goal weight. I'll most likely be in the 220s. As of this morning, I was down from 222 (Sunday morning) to 219.4lbs. And that's only been 5 days into the diet. I don't see myself shriveling down into the 198s. But if I start gaining some solid mass and it puts me into the 242s .. so be it.

Shukin
08-30-13, 3:12 pm
I like your style.

P.S. tell Chase too many people are "big Country" maybe try Chase "pretty boy" Browning

Aggression
08-30-13, 3:35 pm
I'm posting this thread for you guys as well as my own benefit. I wasn't sure myself, so I just scoured through the YouTubes to find all my previous meets, their numbers, etc. Here is goes ..

2011 IPA NJ State Championships
Class: 198# Raw Classic, Amateur
Lifts: 360/300/445 -- 1105# TOTAL

2011 RPS Autumn Apocalypse
Class: 220# Raw Classic, Amateur
Lifts: 400/310/470 -- 1180# TOTAL

2012 RPS NJ State Championships
Class: 220#, Raw Classic, Amateur
Lifts: 425/325/485 -- 1235# TOTAL

2013 RPS NJ State Championships
Class: 242$, Raw Modern, Amateur
Lifts: 445/350/505 -- 1300# TOTAL

I've added just about 200# to my total in 2 years. Through all meets, I've mostly run a westside-esque prep phase. This time around, I'll be running The Cube Extreme right into it. We'll see how it goes. I plan to be 220#, Raw Modern. As for Amateur or Pro .. we'll see what happens ....

wut?

RedlegDbell
08-30-13, 4:40 pm
I'm posting this thread for you guys as well as my own benefit. I wasn't sure myself, so I just scoured through the YouTubes to find all my previous meets, their numbers, etc. Here is goes ..

I've added just about 200# to my total in 2 years. Through all meets, I've mostly run a westside-esque prep phase. This time around, I'll be running The Cube Extreme right into it. We'll see how it goes. I plan to be 220#, Raw Modern. As for Amateur or Pro .. we'll see what happens ....

wut?
Thanks for posting this Agg. Hope I will see that kind of improvement with my total 18 months from now!

naturalguy
08-30-13, 4:55 pm

wut?

Awesome progress my friend

Enforcer
08-31-13, 2:52 pm
Nice brotha, glad to see you competing again. You know you have got my support, wishin you all the best with your training

Aggression
08-31-13, 7:01 pm
Thanks for posting this Agg. Hope I will see that kind of improvement with my total 18 months from now!

Just stay consistent. I'll be honest, I'm probably the most inconsistent person in the world when it comes to sticking with a particular program/diet. I'm always switching, jumping ship, etc. And I still make gains. Makes me wonder; where would I be if I just stuck with the same plan all these years? Or even for just a few months, haha. Keep your head down, keep your goals in the forefront of your head, and be consistent.

Awesome progress my friend

Thank you, sir. We've all come a LONG way from our first meet, haha.

Nice brotha, glad to see you competing again. You know you have got my support, wishin you all the best with your training

Had to jump in that meet. You know how it is. I'm a competitive guy. It's in my blood.

Aggression
08-31-13, 7:03 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: Rage/IsoWhey/CarboPlus

Dynamic Warmups
Squats: 7x2 w/ 275#, focusing on speed/explosion
Squats w/ Reverse Bands: worked up to 385x2
Romanian Deads: 2x8-10
Wide Stance Squats: 2x8-10
Abs: 50 reps

postWO: Nitro

Aggression
08-31-13, 7:05 pm
I don't use too much nowadays, but here's what I'm working with ..

Daily Formula: 1x per day (meal1)
Vitamin C [buffered]: 1x per day (final meal)
Vitamin B: 1x per day (final meal)
Cal/Zinc/Mag: 3x per day (meals 1, 3, and 6)
Ultra IsoWhey: 4 scoops per day
CarboPlus: 1s preWO
Rage/Shock Therapy: preWO
Torrent: intraWO
Ultra Whey Pro: 2 scoops at night

RedlegDbell
08-31-13, 9:57 pm
Just stay consistent. I'll be honest, I'm probably the most inconsistent person in the world when it comes to sticking with a particular program/diet. I'm always switching, jumping ship, etc. And I still make gains. Makes me wonder; where would I be if I just stuck with the same plan all these years? Or even for just a few months, haha. Keep your head down, keep your goals in the forefront of your head, and be consistent.

Getting to train with an elite level powerlifter has been a huge blessing. I have to work hard just to try and keep up lol.

Aggression
09-03-13, 4:19 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: IsoWhey/CarboPlus/ShockT

CubeExtreme - Overhead Day
Dynamic Warmups
Seated Overhead Press: worked up to a 8-rep max; 155x8 (all slow and paused at bottom)
Seated DB Press: 1 Rest/Pause set with 70s: 9/3/2
Dips w/ 20lb chain: 1 Rest/Pause set: 12/3/3
Neutral Grip Pulldowns: 2 sets
Chest-Supported T-bar Row: 2 sets

J-Dawg
09-03-13, 5:12 pm

wut?

Awesome and consistent progress big A. Keep it up for this next meet!

Aggression
09-04-13, 5:16 pm
Awesome and consistent progress big A. Keep it up for this next meet!

Seems like I add about 100lbs per year at the RPS NJ State Championships. Will I hit 1400 in 2014? Seems like it's destiny ...

Aggression
09-04-13, 5:17 pm
Pure Focus
Brick, NJ

preWO: IsoWhey/Rage/CarboPlus

CubeExtreme - Deadlift Day
Dynamic Warmups
Deadlifts (off floor, belted up): 12x1 with 290 (8 conv/4sumo)
SnatchGripDeads off 4'' block: 2 sets
Squats w/ SSB: 2 sets
Lying Leg Curls: 1 Rest/Pause set
Planks: 3 sets at 60s each

Aggression
09-07-13, 9:11 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

preWO: IsoWhey/CarboPlus/ShockT

CubeExtreme - Bench Reps Day
Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press: worked up to 230x11
Incline Smith Machine: 1 Rest/Pause set
DB Military Press: 1 Rest/Pause set
Close Grip Pull-ups: 3xF

Aggression
09-10-13, 3:15 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

preWO: IsoWhey/Rage/CarboPlus

CubeExtreme - SQ
Dynamic Warmups
SQ: worked up to 315x6
SQ: added reverse bands and did 365x4
Good Mornings w/ SSB: 2 sets
Split SQ Leg Press: 2 sets

intraWO: Torrent

smoothballer
09-16-13, 1:25 pm

wut?

Numbers don't lie.

And BTW never saw the ending of the first episode of SOA coming...

Kowboy
09-16-13, 2:03 pm
awesome progress, glad to see how everything is going for you aggs. More excited to see where you are headed.

C.Coronato
09-16-13, 2:50 pm
I see you. Big moves

Enforcer
09-16-13, 5:16 pm
Enjoy your last few months of good food and training...lol

Aggression
09-16-13, 6:28 pm
Numbers don't lie.

And BTW never saw the ending of the first episode of SOA coming...

Yup. That was nuts. Season trailer looks awesome. We'll see what happens. It's always a web of bullshit that screws the club over.

awesome progress, glad to see how everything is going for you aggs. More excited to see where you are headed.

Big moves.

I see you. Big moves

Humungous moves.

Enjoy your last few months of good food and training...lol

haha yes sir.

Aggression
09-20-13, 7:14 pm
For the remainder of my meet prep, I'll just be posting in the following log: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41540-Animal-Annihilation-at-RPS-Autumn-Apocalypse-Nov-2nd

All of us who are competing in the Autumn Apocalypse have running logs there. Once the competition is over, I'll revert back to here.

As of now, my bodyweight is hovering around 220#, but the composition have changed significantly. Waist is noticeably leaner and I'm beginning to show some more shape/definition. The diet is doing it's job. Looking to compete in the 220's. During my last competition as a 220#'er, I posted a 1235 total (425/325/485). The basic goal for this meet is to beat those numbers and set a new PR total as a 220#'er. A more lofty goal would be to best my best overall total; (445/350/505:1300), posted as a 242'er. We'll see what happens come 11/2.

Aggression
10-02-13, 4:49 pm
Training has been going well. If interested, click the link a few posts above. I've been logging my meet-prep alongside NG, Wides, and others in that one thread. Only a few short weeks left of preparation. And .. for me .. its looking like these next few weeks will be my last few weeks worth of heavy 'powerlifting' training for quite some time. A certain opportunity, one that I've been chasing down for about 5 years, has been presented to me. I will disclose details when the time is right. For now, I'm giving this meet prep all that I have, planning to go out with a bang.

Yesterday, I did my 'explosive squat' workout. Now, I've been training for about a decade. I've come a long way; from being a weekend warrior, to the 'college muscle guy', to a competitive bodybuilder, and as of now, a competitive powerlifter. I've tried countless training programs, countless diets, and I've had my 'off time' as well as my 'prep time'. Bouncing around so much has been both a gift and a curse. In the gift sense, I've been able to build knowledge within the trenches, now having a pretty well-rounded opinion on various training methods; methods that I've done myself, thus having real-world results. Same goes for the diets. On the curse end, it's definitely hindered my progress. I've bounced around so much that at times, I didn't allow a particular program to really catch on in order to see results. I can't help it; its in my nature to constantly look for the edge and try new shit.

Despite the bouncin', progress was definitely made. Having only been powerlifting for a few years, I've been able to tack on roughly 200lbs to my overall total. Back a few years ago, I remember struggling .. and bailing out on sets of 275 in squats. I remember a certain workout where I hit about 2-3 reps and then bailed out, not having the strength to get back up on the last rep. Yesterday, I was doing 'explosive' squats with 295lbs, beltless. I remember not being able to get past that 275 plate set on the bench press. Today, I was doing multiple sets of 2 with 285 .. with ease. Pulling 500# eluded me for years. Last meet, I finally broke it and hit 505.

The moral of the story? Keep grinding. Eat big, lift heavy, be smart. Try new shit, but if something ain't broke, don't fix it. We all know there's no such thing as a 'magic' pill/split/diet, yet we sometimes forget that when something 'new' catches our eye. I've bounced around more than a fuckin' pinball machine, but I've still been able to make progress year-in, year-out.

#boom

10-02-13, 4:53 pm
PUMPED FOR YOU HOMIE! Have a pretty good idea of whats goin down! Fuck yea!

Altered Beast
10-03-13, 9:33 am
I'm very interested to hear about this new business venture!

G Diesel
10-03-13, 9:52 am
The moral of the story? Keep grinding.
#boom

And an awesome tale it is.

Words to live by bro. Thanks for sharing that.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
10-03-13, 11:21 am
A certain opportunity, one that I've been chasing down for about 5 years, has been presented to me. I will disclose details when the time is right.

#boom

Got a certain call about this. Pumped for you A.

Kowboy
10-03-13, 12:11 pm
Johny 5 says "Need more input"

Aggression
10-03-13, 6:08 pm
PUMPED FOR YOU HOMIE! Have a pretty good idea of whats goin down! Fuck yea!

Yup. I'm pretty sure you have inside knowledge.

I'm very interested to hear about this new business venture!

I'll keep everyone updated.

And an awesome tale it is.

Words to live by bro. Thanks for sharing that.

Peace, G

Most definitely, my man. You've been a major fixture in my life when it came to pursuing your own worth. Respect.

Got a certain call about this. Pumped for you A.

Awesome. Good to hear. Hope you didn't sabotage me, haha!

Johny 5 says "Need more input"

... soon ..

smoothballer
10-08-13, 10:59 am
Whatever it is, it sounds awesome.

G Diesel
10-10-13, 5:11 pm
Most definitely, my man. You've been a major fixture in my life when it came to pursuing your own worth. Respect.

That is the highest compliment bro, especially coming from a real dude like you. Made my damn day.

Peace, G

Big Wides
10-10-13, 8:45 pm
A certain opportunity, one that I've been chasing down for about 5 years, has been presented to me. I will disclose details when the time is right.

Hell yeah bro, good shit coming your way, excited for you

Shukin
10-30-13, 1:14 pm
Just want to wish you guys the best, I am sorry I wont be making it out to support you guys this time, my car is dead.

Get some PRs !!!

GUNS
10-30-13, 4:55 pm
Just want to wish you guys the best, I am sorry I wont be making it out to support you guys this time, my car is dead.

Get some PRs !!!
Shoot it!

Enforcer
10-31-13, 1:31 pm
Best of luck this weekend Adam, I know you are going to kill it up there on the platform

Enforcer
10-31-13, 1:34 pm
I know what the new adventure may be that lies ahead, and I wish you nothing but the best. As I have told you many times in the past, whatever you need along the way, do not be afraid to ask

J Wong
10-31-13, 1:37 pm
Good luck and have fun!

J-Dawg
11-04-13, 9:44 am
I had a great time lifting with everyone at the Autumn Apocalypse.

Here's a quick summary of my lifts:

Competed at 198 Raw Modern in the Amateur Division - weighed in at 196.4

Squat
1st attempt 410: felt great - good
2nd attempt 430: went up good again - good
3rd attempt 450: went up good but got 2 reds for depth - watched the video after and can't see where I missed depth but I'll just make sure to bury it next time out! - so no good
Ended up with 430 here

Bench
1st attempt 275: went up smooth - good
2nd attempt 290: went up with a little struggle but got it - good
3rd attempt 300: missed
Ended up with 290 here, a 5lb meet PR

Deadlift
1st attempt - 525: good
2nd attempt - 570: good
3rd attempt - 585: good
Ended up with 585 here, a 20lb meet PR and NJ state record for my division

Total: 1305 - a 20lb meet PR!

Overall, I had a great time lifting with NG, Chase, Big Wides and all of the new faces we met at the meet. I hit my goal of breaking 1300 and my goal of setting the deadlift record for the 198 raw modern amateur division. Just missed on my goal of 450 squat but I'll get that one next time!

RedlegDbell
11-04-13, 10:29 am
I had a great time lifting with everyone at the Autumn Apocalypse.

Here's a quick summary of my lifts:

Competed at 198 Raw Modern in the Amateur Division - weighed in at 196.4

Squat
1st attempt 410: felt great - good
2nd attempt 430: went up good again - good
3rd attempt 450: went up good but got 2 reds for depth - watched the video after and can't see where I missed depth but I'll just make sure to bury it next time out! - so no good
Ended up with 430 here

Bench
1st attempt 275: went up smooth - good
2nd attempt 290: went up with a little struggle but got it - good
3rd attempt 300: missed
Ended up with 290 here, a 5lb meet PR

Deadlift
1st attempt - 525: good
2nd attempt - 570: good
3rd attempt - 585: good
Ended up with 585 here, a 20lb meet PR and NJ state record for my division

Total: 1305 - a 20lb meet PR!

Overall, I had a great time lifting with NG, Chase, Big Wides and all of the new faces we met at the meet. I hit my goal of breaking 1300 and my goal of setting the deadlift record for the 198 raw modern amateur division. Just missed on my goal of 450 squat but I'll get that one next time!
Congratulations on the meet PR and that state record J-Dawg!

J-Dawg
11-04-13, 10:44 am
Congratulations on the meet PR and that state record J-Dawg!

Thanks!

I just realized I posted this in Aggression's thread! I thought this was the main RPS thread, lol. Sorry about that A.

BTW, way to go at the meet. I hope I didn't mess you up too bad on that bench attempt!

Aggression
11-04-13, 6:07 pm
I won't get into a long, detailed writeup here. Let's just say that November 2nd wasn't my day. The weights felt heavy, they didn't feel right, and I never once felt 'on' when it came my turn to lift. Anyway, here's how it went down ..

Squats
Opened with 410 and got it with ease. Next up was 430 and I nailed it. In the 220s, this was a 5lb PR. On my 3rd attempt, I went for 460, missed.

Bench
My opener was what I thought to be a 'conservative' 310, but it went up slow. Next up, I attempted 325, which would have tied my previous 220 class PR that I set 2 years ago. Miss. On my third attempt, I tried it again. Miss. It felt extremely heavy.

Deadlift
Opened up with 425. It went up slow, but it went up. My second attempt was 460. This went up smooth and quicker than the 425. It was time to consider a 3rd attempt. Going into this meet, my plan was to beat my previous 220lb class total; 1235. After some quick math, I realized that in order to tie my previous total, I had to pull 495. Thinking about this, I had a decision to make. In the end, I called for 510. I figured, 'Fuck it. If I need 500 to beat my previous total, and I've already pulled 505 in competition, and considering this will be my last heavy lift for about a year, let's go big.'' I called for 510, went up to the bar, gripped and ripped. My hips/hammies shot up right away and at that point, I knew it was a lost-cause.

I ended up with a 1200 total; 35lbs less than my 220 total posted in Jan 2012. My body was beat up, I had some lower back issues, I wasn't happy with my training, and I didn't eat enough through prep. No excuses.

I'll walk away from the platform for now, in order to concentrate on the bigger picture for the next few months. But I'll be back. And when I come back, I'll be going back to my roots; the training program and diet that I used in all other previous meets aside from this one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Shukin
11-04-13, 6:16 pm
Awesome job guys.

J, you are one strong skinny ass mofo.

Aggression, some times things don't go as planned, chin up brother!

Mad respect,
Shukin

Altered Beast
11-05-13, 9:27 am
I won't get into a long, detailed writeup here. Let's just say that November 2nd wasn't my day. The weights felt heavy, they didn't feel right, and I never once felt 'on' when it came my turn to lift. Anyway, here's how it went down ..

Squats
Opened with 410 and got it with ease. Next up was 430 and I nailed it. In the 220s, this was a 5lb PR. On my 3rd attempt, I went for 460, missed.

Bench
My opener was what I thought to be a 'conservative' 310, but it went up slow. Next up, I attempted 325, which would have tied my previous 220 class PR that I set 2 years ago. Miss. On my third attempt, I tried it again. Miss. It felt extremely heavy.

Deadlift
Opened up with 425. It went up slow, but it went up. My second attempt was 460. This went up smooth and quicker than the 425. It was time to consider a 3rd attempt. Going into this meet, my plan was to beat my previous 220lb class total; 1235. After some quick math, I realized that in order to tie my previous total, I had to pull 495. Thinking about this, I had a decision to make. In the end, I called for 510. I figured, 'Fuck it. If I need 500 to beat my previous total, and I've already pulled 505 in competition, and considering this will be my last heavy lift for about a year, let's go big.'' I called for 510, went up to the bar, gripped and ripped. My hips/hammies shot up right away and at that point, I knew it was a lost-cause.

I ended up with a 1200 total; 35lbs less than my 220 total posted in Jan 2012. My body was beat up, I had some lower back issues, I wasn't happy with my training, and I didn't eat enough through prep. No excuses.

I'll walk away from the platform for now, in order to concentrate on the bigger picture for the next few months. But I'll be back. And when I come back, I'll be going back to my roots; the training program and diet that I used in all other previous meets aside from this one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Nothing wrong with trying some new things. Now you know for sure what works and what doesn't.

THAT is what is important going forward. 1200 isn't a bad total!

naturalguy
11-05-13, 9:41 am
It was great lifting with you again my friend............................................ .............until next time

freighttraindane
11-05-13, 9:41 am
I hear you Adam I had a very similar day in Detroit for the Relentless meet. I just chalked it up to not being my day. Go back and regroup and come back stronger the next time you step on the platform. Interested to hear about the new direction in life and the new plans.

RedlegDbell
11-05-13, 11:13 am
At least you stepped up on that platform again and did your thing Adam. Eager to see what the future holds for you!

11-05-13, 11:47 am
Grabbed yo trophy dawggg

smoothballer
11-05-13, 12:16 pm
At least you stepped up on that platform again and did your thing Adam. Eager to see what the future holds for you!

This^^

Enforcer
11-06-13, 10:41 am
Huge congrats to everyone that competed this past Saturday

Aggression
11-06-13, 5:52 pm
Awesome job guys.

J, you are one strong skinny ass mofo.

Aggression, some times things don't go as planned, chin up brother!

Mad respect,
Shukin

Agreed. Ya can't win 'em all. But I'll be back ....

Nothing wrong with trying some new things. Now you know for sure what works and what doesn't.

THAT is what is important going forward. 1200 isn't a bad total!

Exactly. Next time around, I'm going back to what works. Unfortunately, it won't be for about a year! If I was able to get back into the gym next week and start training for another meet, I wouldn't be as bummed out. But I didn't want to go out like that.

It was great lifting with you again my friend............................................ .............until next time

2016 RPS NJ State Championships in Newark????

I hear you Adam I had a very similar day in Detroit for the Relentless meet. I just chalked it up to not being my day. Go back and regroup and come back stronger the next time you step on the platform. Interested to hear about the new direction in life and the new plans.

I'm ready to get back in the gym now. But other things are in the midst. And they're much more important than a powerlifting meet.

Eh, I don't really respect mediocrity. I apologize if that sounds harsh to anyone, but I don't expect to be congratulated or told 'good job' just for showing up to the meet. I didn't best my former numbers. To me, that's failure. No other way to look at it.

Grabbed yo trophy dawggg

I appreciate it. Honestly, I didn't even think I was getting one. I was so sore, beat up, and damaged (both physically and mentally), that I just wanted to get out of there.

Huge congrats to everyone that competed this past Saturday

Yup. Next up .......

smoothballer
11-07-13, 12:35 pm
And .. for me .. its looking like these next few weeks will be my last few weeks worth of heavy 'powerlifting' training for quite some time. A certain opportunity, one that I've been chasing down for about 5 years, has been presented to me. I will disclose details when the time is right. For now, I'm giving this meet prep all that I have, planning to go out with a bang.

Any news on this homie?

Aggression
11-08-13, 12:09 pm
Any news on this homie?

When it's official, I'll post it up. No worries, its something I'm very excited about. And very proud of.

11-08-13, 12:10 pm
you took 3rd man.

naturalguy
11-08-13, 12:38 pm
you took 3rd man.

Who took 2nd ahead of him?

smoothballer
11-08-13, 2:08 pm
When it's official, I'll post it up. No worries, its something I'm very excited about. And very proud of.

Cool man. Sounds promising

Aggression
11-08-13, 5:09 pm
you took 3rd man.

Good deal

Who took 2nd ahead of him?

Someone who was more prepared, more focused, and more determined than I was.

Cool man. Sounds promising

Definitely.

Aggression
11-11-13, 6:13 pm
LA Fitness
Toms River NJ

Bike: 5min
- stretching -
SQ: worked up to 3 sets: 215x5, 245x5, 265x5
Leg Press: 2x10
Toe Raises: 3 sets
Situps: 3xF
Conditioning: 1.60 mile run earlier in the day

Mr. Dead
11-11-13, 7:09 pm
How goes it, in here, my friend...???

Aggression
11-17-13, 3:50 pm
LA Fitness
Toms River NJ

Bench Press: a couple sets, worked up to 2 sets of 5 w/ 225
Hammer Strength Press: 3 sets of 10
Circuit: Pushups/Pullups/Rope Pushdowns: reps til failure, 4 non-stop sets

Aggression
11-17-13, 3:53 pm
Haven't hit the weights since Wednesday. Been outside running almost every day. Calories are significantly down; eating 3 whole food meals a day and maybe 1-2 shakes in between. Definitely living life like a 'normal person' for the first time in a decade. Feels weird; coming home from work and not hitting the gym, not downing several pills/powders daily. Just working, running, and living life. Feelsgoodman.jpeg. I'll hit the gym this week, officially, to get back into some stuff. I plan to hit the gym 3x/week, doing a full body workout each trip. Maybe 2-3 sets for each body part and then finish the workout with several body weight movements. All in an effort to chase down the dream.

Fail to prepare .. prepare to fail.

RedlegDbell
11-17-13, 4:41 pm
Haven't hit the weights since Wednesday. Been outside running almost every day. Calories are significantly down; eating 3 whole food meals a day and maybe 1-2 shakes in between. Definitely living life like a 'normal person' for the first time in a decade. Feels weird; coming home from work and not hitting the gym, not downing several pills/powders daily. Just working, running, and living life. Feelsgoodman.jpeg. I'll hit the gym this week, officially, to get back into some stuff. I plan to hit the gym 3x/week, doing a full body workout each trip. Maybe 2-3 sets for each body part and then finish the workout with several body weight movements. All in an effort to chase down the dream.

Fail to prepare .. prepare to fail.

On pins and needles here my man! haha

Aggression
11-22-13, 4:22 pm
This past Monday, 11/18, I went through what was the final step in the process. Now, I just play the waiting game. Its something I've been chasing down for several years now. Having never given up, having always come back for more, this could possibly be my time. We'll see. I'm suppose to know for certain within the next handful of weeks. I'm thinking early/mid December and I should have some official word.

As for training, its been minimal. Running 5x/week. Weights are here and there. Light, easy, circuit-style. Diet is simple. Pro/fats all day and a light carb meal at night. Three whole food meals. One shake in between that. Down to 210-ish.

Nix0r
11-22-13, 4:28 pm
My dude.

Excited to see how this all plays out for you. Wishing for the best.

deanna7272
11-22-13, 4:34 pm
There's nothing more rewarding than following your dreams... Whether they come to fruition or not, it's all about the journey, learning every step of the way...

Sending positive thoughts your way...

G Diesel
11-22-13, 4:39 pm
Love the name of this thread. Speaks to my soul.

Keep pushing forward my brother. Let nothing stop you.

Peace, G

Altered Beast
11-25-13, 9:41 am
Can't wait to hear about it!

Aggression
11-28-13, 10:40 am
My dude.

Excited to see how this all plays out for you. Wishing for the best.

There's nothing more rewarding than following your dreams... Whether they come to fruition or not, it's all about the journey, learning every step of the way...

Sending positive thoughts your way...

Thank you both. The process is moving along, albeit slowly. But it's coming to an end real soon.

Love the name of this thread. Speaks to my soul.

Keep pushing forward my brother. Let nothing stop you.

Peace, G

Thank you, G. You've been a major motivational fixture over the last few years. And you've had a positive impact on me in many ways.

Can't wait to hear about it!

soon.jpeg.

Aggression
11-28-13, 10:43 am
It's weird. For the first time in, I don't know, a decade, I've taken several weeks off from the weights, hitting the gym maybe 3-4x in the past 4 weeks. But its all for a cause. Powerlifting (and general weight lifting) was and will always be a 'hobby' of mine. Hobby is put in quotations b/c as everyone here knows, what we do is a little more than 'just something we do in our free time', haha. But the weights will always be there. And they'll be there in 10 months when I plan to make my return to them. And they will welcome me. For now, hosting of the weights is still a factor, but it takes a back seat to a different type of training; one that will prepare me for what's to come.

Happy Thanksgiving.

RedlegDbell
11-28-13, 12:07 pm
It's weird. For the first time in, I don't know, a decade, I've taken several weeks off from the weights, hitting the gym maybe 3-4x in the past 4 weeks. But its all for a cause. Powerlifting (and general weight lifting) was and will always be a 'hobby' of mine. Hobby is put in quotations b/c as everyone here knows, what we do is a little more than 'just something we do in our free time', haha. But the weights will always be there. And they'll be there in 10 months when I plan to make my return to them. And they will welcome me. For now, hosting of the weights is still a factor, but it takes a back seat to a different type of training; one that will prepare me for what's to come.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Same to you Adam! Doing what makes you happy is important and it sounds as though you are chasing just that. Proud of you man.

Aggression
12-01-13, 3:19 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick, NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Standing BB Press: worked up to 110x5, 125x5, 140x5
Pullups/Dips Circuit: 3 sets/non-stop
DB Curls/DB Shrugs Circuit: 2 sets/non-stop
Abdominals: various exercises between all above sets

Aggression
12-02-13, 4:25 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
BB SQ: worked up to 195x5, 225x5, 250x5
BodyWeight Lunges: 4 trips
Various Abs: several sets

Aggression
12-05-13, 8:29 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Bench Press: warmups, 175x5, 205x5, 230x5
Chins/Pushups/Abs Circuit: 3 sets across the board, non-stop
Cardio: 2 mile run

Aggression
12-06-13, 4:42 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deadlifts off 4'' blocks w/ 40lbs chain: 4x5
-- Circuit --
Chains: 3xF
DB Hammer Curls: 3 sets
--

Aggression
12-10-13, 12:20 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Box Squats off box to parallel: worked up to 275x3
-- Circuit --
BodyWeight Squats
BodyWeight Walking Lunges
Abs
-- 4 rounds, non stop --
Cardio: 2.25m run

HIGA MONSTER
12-11-13, 10:08 am
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Box Squats off box to parallel: worked up to 275x3
-- Circuit --
BodyWeight Squats
BodyWeight Walking Lunges
Abs
-- 4 rounds, non stop --
Cardio: 2.25m run
Miss you brother. I hope all is well.

GO SEAHAWKS this Sunday. Boo G-Men...

HIGA MONSTER

Aggression
12-11-13, 5:15 pm
Miss you brother. I hope all is well.

GO SEAHAWKS this Sunday. Boo G-Men...

HIGA MONSTER

Miss you too, my man. Congrats on the record.

And yeah ... Boo G-men is right. They're trash this year. I turned the game on this past Sunday and the first (and only) play I saw was Eli throwing a pick. Turned it off and put a Christmas movie on instead. Seahawks are truckin' people. I see a Seattle/Denver game at Metlife in February.

HIGA MONSTER
12-12-13, 10:09 am
Miss you too, my man. Congrats on the record.

And yeah ... Boo G-men is right. They're trash this year. I turned the game on this past Sunday and the first (and only) play I saw was Eli throwing a pick. Turned it off and put a Christmas movie on instead. Seahawks are truckin' people. I see a Seattle/Denver game at Metlife in February.
That would be dope...we will see how the rest of the season unfolds.

My client bought herself a flight to Jersey for $340 on Super Bowl weekend.
She used to work in Manhattan and still has friends there and will fly over for the parties/festivities and watch the game with her friends.

HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
12-12-13, 10:52 am

She used to work in Manhattan and still has friends there and will fly over for the parties/festivities and watch the game with her friends.

HIGA MONSTER

ur too fragile for the east coast. ud prally bring ur own water and food, stay inside the whole time

P

Aggression
12-12-13, 8:01 pm

HIGA MONSTER

Its going to be a mess over here for that weekend. And they've outlawed tailgating too. I hate what football has become. SuperBowls are now only for the corporations. They're not allowing any tailgating in the lot, but I guaran-damn-tee you that they'll have food vendors in that lot, selling their product.

ur too fragile for the east coast. ud prally bring ur own water and food, stay inside the whole time

P

good point

Altered Beast
12-13-13, 9:43 am
Its going to be a mess over here for that weekend. And they've outlawed tailgating too. I hate what football has become. SuperBowls are now only for the corporations. They're not allowing any tailgating in the lot, but I guaran-damn-tee you that they'll have food vendors in that lot, selling their product

I'm SO HAPPY to see America starting to wake up! Makes me happy to be an American =) which is out of default, because Texas became part of the Union. Damnit!

Aggression
12-13-13, 8:35 pm
I'm SO HAPPY to see America starting to wake up! Makes me happy to be an American =) which is out of default, because Texas became part of the Union. Damnit!

Ah, I've been fed up for too long man. Its ridiculous.

Aggression
12-13-13, 8:37 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups: foam rolling, band stretching, etc
Deadlifts: went sumo, working up to 445 (405+40lbs chain) for 2 reps
-- Circuit --
Pullups til failure
Pushups til failure
EZ Curl Bicep Curl
Abs
-- 3 rounds non-stop --
Cardio: interval sprints: 5min warmup and then 5 rounds of (30s sprint/90s power walk) and then a 5min cool down (20min total)

Aggression
12-14-13, 12:03 pm
Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Seated DB Press super set w/ DB Laterals: 3 sets each
-- Circuit --
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Curl
Tricep Pressdown
Lying Leg Curl
Abs
-- 3 rounds/non-stop --

Aggression
12-14-13, 12:18 pm
While I was in the midst of running outdoors today, I started thinking:

Around this time last year, I was training for the 2013 RPS NJ State Championships meet in Newark NJ. I was an employee at Universal Nutrition. And all of us in the marketing department were training for this meet. I competed in the 242 Amateur Raw Modern class. I posted my best overall total to date; 1300. I also posted my best overall individual lifts to date; 445/350/505. On that platform, I was probably 245lbs.

Fast forward to December 2013. I left Universal Nutrition back in April and joined the Glazier's union within District Council 711. I spend my days installing commercial glass and architectural metal. I am a proud member of Local 1009. Right now, I'm working on building an addition onto the Emergency Room at Brick Hospital in Brick, NJ. This past week, like every week, I worked outside. Temperatures were between 20d and 35d, high up, 30ft in the air, hanging off a basket in an 80ft high reach machine with wind gusts so strong, our basket was swaying in the air. At some points in the week, I simply couldn't do my job b/c my hands were so numb, making it impossible to put a small screw onto the gun and drill a hole into a metal beam. Nevertheless, I leave work each daily with a great sense of pride and accomplishment. Building America one day at a time. I'm making more money now, 8 months in, than I did after 4.5 years at Universal and my pension starts in just 4 months. Its been the most satisfying work I've ever done, bar none. And still .. there may be something even greater on the horizon. Something I've been chasing down for years. And I'm just workin' on the dream. Part of that 'work' takes place in the gym ...

As far as training goes, I am no longer hugging the 240lb mark. I'm waking up around 207lbs now. Shirts that were tight on me now fit great. I have definition, lines, and an actual 'physique' now instead of just an overall mass. Yesterday, not even really paying attention, I pulled 445 for 2 reps, sumo, with no belt. It wasn't until I finished the set that I realized I hit a new PR. And then today, I took to the streets for a run, hitting a 2mile run in 16:30, and hitting a PR at the 1 mile mark; 7:59. I feel great and look great. I'm not over-thinking anything for the first time. I'm just doing. And I couldn't feel better.

2013 was a big year for me. In addition to my employment status, I also became engaged to the woman I love (I couldn't leave that out; I'd probably get in trouble). When 2014 comes around in just a few short weeks, a couple more major changes are possible. But I'll hold onto those details for when the time is right .. and for when I know for sure.

#boom.

smoothballer
12-16-13, 3:48 pm
Sounds like you are living the dream my friend. Glad to hear it.

But where is the Opie beard?

Aggression
12-16-13, 5:45 pm
Sounds like you are living the dream my friend. Glad to hear it.

But where is the Opie beard?

The Opie Beard had to be retired due to a potential job that is still in the works. If it doesn't work out, the beard will be back soon. If the job works out, the beard will be back in 25yrs ...

Aggression
12-20-13, 4:53 pm
Since my last update, I had three workouts. The first two: a squat workout and a bench press workout. Nothing to write home about.

Then today came around. Let's set the stage

- I'm down 20lbs since September; from 230-ish to 207.0lbs this morning.
- My accessory movements, since my meet on 11/2, have been really nothing but body weight stuff; pushups, pullups, dips, abs, etc.
- We left work early today for our 'Christmas Party', which consisted of us all drinking and eating at the bar, using the money we got from cashing in all of our excess metal and aluminum from the job site. So a few Guinness's and a few shots of Fireball (and a meatball parm sandwich) later, I headed to the gym

Pure Focus Gym
Brick NJ

Dynamic Warmups
Deadlifts; decided to feel something heavy. So I loaded up the bar with weight, surprisingly climbing to a top out set of 495x1, off 4'' block, with no belt, blowing away my previous best off a 4'' block.
Accessory Movements; chin ups, pushups, db curls, and abs

Please explain ....

PS. This is the 2nd time I've trained with having a few drinks in my system. And it was the 2nd time I hit a huge PR and felt great in the gym. No more Rage and Shock for this guy. My new preWO will be a shot .. or two. And yes .. I'm srs.

deanna7272
12-20-13, 6:44 pm
Dear Lord, look out...lol. I actually had a friend that did her first PL meet this past weekend hungover...lol You all are crazy...

Just checking in on ya, happy for the progression that this year has had... I'm sure that whatever you have your sights set on, you will achieve and surpass... I think you were just made that way...lol

Congrats on all the new changes, and you're learning well, your lady HAS to be a part of the equation... You DON'T want to learn the hard way...lol

2014 is going to be a good one!!!

Altered Beast
12-21-13, 2:22 pm
Oh boy...don't become that cliche blue collar drunk! LOL! Seen too many of those poor souls and it's NOT a pretty site!

Odds are you were excited and fired up that you weren't working and spending time with people the way you want to can cause an increase in adrenaline. That's my 3 cents =) Sometimes it feels good to do something different other than the usual daily grind and can be quite motivating!

Firefist
12-21-13, 11:21 pm
Happy to hear youre doing good aggs. Keep doing you brother.

Firefist
12-21-13, 11:34 pm
Oh boy...don't become that cliche blue collar drunk! LOL! Seen too many of those poor souls and it's NOT a pretty site!

Some of the best people I know are your so-called "cliche blue collar drunks". Some may be rough around the edges, but most are hard working people who keep the values lost by most of our generation.