PDA

View Full Version : SetPRsDrinkPBRs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Aggression
11-03-08, 12:14 pm
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, right to the point.

23yrs old
5'10"
~195lbs

Been training 4 years (last 1-2 years serious)

Started a trial-competition diet on 9.01.08 @ 214lbs
Ended my trial-competition diet on 10.24.08 @ 183lbs.
-- Diet was legit. Here was the thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20725

-Purpose of diet: Experimental. To see how my body responded/looked after it was over.
-Result: Successful. Figured out weak areas, different foods, etc.

Time to BULK

-Targets:
Add overall muscle mass
Keep body-fat levels lower than previous
9 month bulk/3 month cut --- compete in fall 09'

I will be doing DC training for the following reasons:
- 2 months of DC training last spring --> loved it, gained good muscle
- High protein/moderate carbs suit my body best

I will post up my list of exercises/supps by the end of the day .....

EDIT: Competition History
1/26/2013
2013 RPS NJ/NA Championships
SQ: 405/445/500x
BP: 300/335/350
DL: 425/475/505
TOTAL: 1300 @ 242 Amateur Open Raw Modern

J-Dawg
11-03-08, 12:38 pm
In for the journey Aggression. Looking forward to seeing this unfold.

Enforcer
11-03-08, 12:49 pm
Uh oh it's showtime. Time to get this shit popping. Def will be stopping in from time to time to see how this goes.

Factory
11-03-08, 12:50 pm
Looks solid, I'm locked in, Never tried Doggcrapp so I wanna see how this works out for you.

Aggression
11-03-08, 1:10 pm
Little bit about myself for now:

Grew up tall and lanky, being among the taller dudes in elementary school. High school came, and I entered at 115lbs (at 5'9''). Looking in the mirror in shame, I hit the weights after school in our gym. No nutritional advice, no knowledge, no leadership, just me and a few buddies reppin' it out. High school came and went, college came and went, and I consistently hit the weights. From freshmen year HS at 115lbs, to senior year at college at 214lbs, I've grown both in size and knowledge. I'm not a nasty looking, hardcore-looking dude, but when it comes to the gym, its no nonsense. I'll take any night at the gym with the regulars instead of a night getting wasted at a bar (only to have woken up with a hangover at 1pm, having missed 2 meals already). Yeah I used to rock the blow-out hair style, with the armani sweaters and diesel shoes. FUCK THAT. I grew out of that in a hurry. Now my main winter jacket is my animal hoodie, and i've subbed my armani beanie for the animal skullie. Bodybuilding took over my life, and I'm glad it did. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Been to a few bodybuilding shows in the past year. The feeling is overpowering. You can literally feel it when you're sitting there, watching a friend compete. I'm steppin on stage next fall, and i'm gonna bring the house down. LETS GET THIS SHIT DONE. ITS TIME TO GET NASTY.

naturalguy
11-03-08, 1:54 pm
Who's this Aggression we speak of? Welcome brother. Here, in the FORVM, you will be held accountable for your words and actions.

Let's get it on!

Aggression
11-03-08, 2:35 pm
As far as diet goes, I'll be following the DC diet, which involves:
- Up to 2g protein/lb body-weight (just under 400 for now)
- Over a gallon of water per day
- Carb cutoff in the evening.

-- mainstays in diet will include red meat, eggs, chicken, fish, sweet potatoes, ww pasta, brown rice, vegetables, bagels and of course the growth-season cheat meals.
-- I will also be adding healthy fats into my diet this time around

Training split:
- My training days right now will be Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
- I'll make changes in days as need or as I see fit.
- Cardio will be done 2x/week along with ab training

Training split and choice of exercises:

Chest:
Flat Dumbbell Press
Incline Barbell Press
Hammer Strength Machine Press

Back:
Rack Chins
Lat Pulldowns
HS Underhand Pulldowns

Shoulders:
Smith Front Press
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
Barbell Press

Biceps:
Barbell Curl
Preacher Bench EZ Bar Curls
Dumbbell Curls

Triceps:
Smith Close Grip Bench Press
Skulls
Pushdowns

Quads:
Squats
Leg Press
Hack Squat

Hams:
Lying Leg Curl
Seated Leg Curl
One-Legged Curl

Calves:
Donkey Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise
Leg Press Calf Raise

Aggression
11-03-08, 2:42 pm
I'm sure everyone is wondering about the goodies I'll be using while on this journey. My supplements will be:

- Breakfast: Animal Pak/Animal Omega
- Pre-workout: Shock Therapy
- During Workout: Intra-Aid w/Storm
- Post workout: Animal Nitro
- Post workout: Torrent (20min later)
- Prior to bed: Animal Flex
- Other Supplements: EAA Stack + Universal Milk & Egg Protein

Aggression
11-03-08, 2:45 pm
I hit the gym Wednesday for Chest/Tri's/Shoulders/Back

After taking over a week off from the gym after my diet, Wednesday will be a feel out day. I'll be feeling out the weights and reps for the logbook. The first of every workout will be feel outs, letting me assess my strength and get my numbers together.

Get ready .......

firsthorseman97
11-03-08, 2:48 pm
I'm subbed for this one. Looks like you have everything in order from diet to supps. Good luck!

What are your 3 lifts for back thickness? I didn't see them listed.

Aggression
11-03-08, 3:01 pm
I'm subbed for this one. Looks like you have everything in order from diet to supps. Good luck!

What are your 3 lifts for back thickness? I didn't see them listed.

Your absolutely right, I forgot to list those.

Back Thickness:
Rack Deadlifts
T-Bar Machine Row
One Arm Dumbbell Row

- Thanks for pointing that out

Enforcer
11-03-08, 3:20 pm
I'm sure everyone is wondering about the goodies I'll be using while on this journey. My supplements will be:

- Breakfast: Animal Pak/Animal Omega
- Pre-workout: Shock Therapy
- During Workout: Intra-Aid w/Storm
- Post workout: Animal Nitro
- Post workout: Torrent (20min later)
- Prior to bed: Animal Flex
- Other Supplements: EAA Stack + Universal Milk & Egg Protein

Look solid bro, all the basics are covered. Looks alot like my stack, love where your heads at bro

Roland
11-03-08, 9:46 pm
Seems like you know what you are doing brother.....let's do it.

Aggression
11-04-08, 9:57 am
Got my supplements yesterday, I'm stocked and ready to get this thing moving. I've never had a stock of supps this big before, and I'm pumped to see the effect they're going to have.

This will be the first time using the following:
Nitro
Omega
Storm
Intra-Aid
EAA stack
Flex
Milk and Egg Protein

- Gotta give props to Enforcer. I molded my stack from some of his recommendations/posts.

I'll be throwing down a serving of Storm/EAA stack in the morning on non-training days. So today I sipped on that lil' concoction while I cooked my breakfast. Got myself a decent little meal going on, yet it was tough getting down. Woke up today and just wasn't hungry (you know how those days go). The motivation i got was thinking about tomorrow night, when I step back into the gym after a 12 day layoff.

Breakfast was a large bagel with 2 eggs, 2 slices of swiss, 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2tsp of natural peanut butter, black coffee and the Pak. I gotta find an alternative to eating 5-6 whole eggs a day, so today i tried the cottage cheese option.

I won't be posting up every meal, everyday, but from time to time ill post them up. My choices of food are always changing to keep it fresh.

Todays meals following breakfast will be:

Meal 2: 2.5 scoops real gains + 1 scoop of Ultra IsoWhey w/ a handfull of almonds (along with my animal omega - ran outta time this morning.)

Meal 3: lean ground beef (~8oz) + barilla whole grain pasta (about a cup). This stuffs got about 11g protein per serving .... nasty

Meal 4: turkey london broil (~8oz) ... this shit is mighty good + Barilla WG pasta

Meal 5: I'll slam another shake w/ some EAA stack on the ride home from work.

Meal 6: Another serving of protein (undecided right now) w/ some vegetables
-- carb cutoff

Meal 7: depending on how i'm feeling, ill either slam a milk and egg or have another protein meal w/ vegs, and of course take my Flex.

Yo Roland, I see your a DC disciple, how's this diet look for DC style?

Aggression
11-04-08, 10:05 am
Tonight while I lay in bed, I'll be watching the DC Training DVD. I've done DC before, but it's gonna be a nice to sit back and get amped up about doing it again. Seeing Jason Wojo and Franco push some nasty weight in the video is straight motivation. I'll be like a little kid on christmas eve, lying wide awake at 4am, too excited to sleep, for what lies ahead the next day will be pure happiness.

34 hrs from now, I'll make my return to the weights, and it's gonna be one helluva welcome-home party. The anticipation is building ......

SizeMatters
11-04-08, 11:42 am
damn, im deff subbed for this journey.

Aggression
11-04-08, 11:47 am
I'm going to dust off my old logbook from the last session of DC training back in the spring. I'll use those weights as starting points in this journey, and test out the waters with the first of every workout using those numbers. Later on tonight, or tomorrow, I'll post up some numbers from my old DC logbook to give you all a heads up as to where i'm at in terms of numbers and strength. But in all reality, those numbers don't stand a chance. I'll smash through them in the first workout.

J-Dawg
11-04-08, 11:57 am
Looking like you're all set to get this underway. Can't wait to see hot the DC training goes for you this time around.

Aggression
11-04-08, 11:59 am
Looking like you're all set to get this underway. Can't wait to see hot the DC training goes for you this time around.

ah it's gonna be wild

Universal Rep
11-04-08, 12:03 pm
Subbed.

J-Dawg
11-04-08, 12:03 pm
Got my supplements yesterday, I'm stocked and ready to get this thing moving. I've never had a stock of supps this big before, and I'm pumped to see the effect they're going to have.

This will be the first time using the following:
Nitro
Omega
Storm
Intra-Aid
EAA stack
Flex
Milk and Egg Protein

- Gotta give props to Enforcer. I molded my stack from some of his recommendations/posts.

I'll be throwing down a serving of Storm/EAA stack in the morning on non-training days. So today I sipped on that lil' concoction while I cooked my breakfast. Got myself a decent little meal going on, yet it was tough getting down. Woke up today and just wasn't hungry (you know how those days go). The motivation i got was thinking about tomorrow night, when I step back into the gym after a 12 day layoff.

Breakfast was a large bagel with 2 eggs, 2 slices of swiss, 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2tsp of natural peanut butter, black coffee and the Pak. I gotta find an alternative to eating 5-6 whole eggs a day, so today i tried the cottage cheese option.

I won't be posting up every meal, everyday, but from time to time ill post them up. My choices of food are always changing to keep it fresh.

Todays meals following breakfast will be:

Meal 2: 2.5 scoops real gains + 1 scoop of Ultra IsoWhey w/ a handfull of almonds (along with my animal omega - ran outta time this morning.)

Meal 3: lean ground beef (~8oz) + barilla whole grain pasta (about a cup). This stuffs got about 11g protein per serving .... nasty

Meal 4: turkey london broil (~8oz) ... this shit is mighty good + Barilla WG pasta

Meal 5: I'll slam another shake w/ some EAA stack on the ride home from work.

Meal 6: Another serving of protein (undecided right now) w/ some vegetables
-- carb cutoff

Meal 7: depending on how i'm feeling, ill either slam a milk and egg or have another protein meal w/ vegs, and of course take my Flex.

Yo Roland, I see your a DC disciple, how's this diet look for DC style?

Nice supplement stack you've got there A. Can't go wrong with Big E's supplement advice. How do you like the Milk and Egg? I like to use that one as a base for my nighttime protein shakes. Also I see you eat Barilla pasta. As of recent, I've been using this as one of my main carb sources b/c of the extra protein and fiber.

Aggression
11-04-08, 12:09 pm
Nice supplement stack you've got there A. Can't go wrong with Big E's supplement advice. How do you like the Milk and Egg? I like to use that one as a base for my nighttime protein shakes. Also I see you eat Barilla pasta. As of recent, I've been using this as one of my main carb sources b/c of the extra protein and fiber.

Have yet to crack open the Milk and Egg Protein, I'm scraping the last of my WPI remains for now, that should be finished by tonight, if not tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the Milk & Egg. I've yet to use a protein that's specifically designed for something like a nighttime shake.

Yeah I bought the Barilla in bulk at BJs. I think the box was like $12 or something, and it comes with i think either 6 or 8 boxes of pasta, can't go wrong there. I love it for the extra protein too.

Aggression
11-04-08, 12:36 pm
Forearms:
Hammer Curls
Pinwheel Curls
Reverse barbell curls

prowrestler
11-04-08, 1:07 pm
Forearms:
Hammer Curls
Pinwheel Curls
Reverse barbell curls

ahh, good ol' pinwheels. awsome move. looks like your a DC diciple

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:02 pm
ahh, good ol' pinwheels. awsome move. looks like your a DC diciple

Yup, gave it a shot last spring, and even tho my diet wasn't 100% on track, I still loved the results from it. This time around, I'm going to follow it 100%, with hopes of even better results.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:18 pm
Yup, gave it a shot last spring, and even tho my diet wasn't 100% on track, I still loved the results from it. This time around, I'm going to follow it 100%, with hopes of even better results.

DC is good, diet is more important though. get that in check and watch progress fly

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:20 pm
DC is good, diet is more important though. get that in check and watch progress fly

That's what I'm hoping for. I had the protein in check, yet the carb cutoff went out the window a few times, and so did the cardio on off days. The blast/cruise cycle wasn't really even there. But, I was in college at the time. No excuse, I know, but still. This time around, its full throttle.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:21 pm
That's what I'm hoping for. I had the protein in check, yet the carb cutoff went out the window a few times, and so did the cardio on off days. The blast/cruise cycle wasn't really even there. But, I was in college at the time. No excuse, I know, but still. This time around, its full throttle.

thats how its done. 100% of the way or get the fuck outta the way

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:29 pm
thats how its done. 100% of the way or get the fuck outta the way

Well then people better starting gettin' outta the way now! This is the first growth season with a clear-cut objective in mind (more than just getting big). This time, its all about steppin on stage next fall and bringin the damn house down. I wanna step on stage and LIGHTS OUT BABY

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:54 pm
Well then people better starting gettin' outta the way now! This is the first growth season with a clear-cut objective in mind (more than just getting big). This time, its all about steppin on stage next fall and bringin the damn house down. I wanna step on stage and LIGHTS OUT BABY

good too have a goal man, i feel you, i was training for myself, made the jump to powerlifting and decided that im gonna not only compete in a year, but steal the quebec and canadian deadlift record in the CPA. for my class that is of 220lb male,18-19 years old.

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:03 pm
good too have a goal man, i feel you, i was training for myself, made the jump to powerlifting and decided that im gonna not only compete in a year, but steal the quebec and canadian deadlift record in the CPA. for my class that is of 220lb male,18-19 years old.

no shit, thats a helluva goal as well. Whats the current record? And what are you pullin now?

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:08 pm
One thing I love about DC training is that it lets you unleash hell on your one big set. I find that it suits me better to train this way. I give myself a few warmup sets with increasingly heavy weight (5 reps here, 3 reps there). Then, I play that one song that just gets my head knockin (Seether - Out of my Way), and I destroy the weights. Then, during the 20second rest, all I hear is Seether yelling ''Nobody's gonna stand in my wayyy'', Then I drop back and pound out more reps.

Man ... I can't wait for tomorrow night ....

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:12 pm
no shit, thats a helluva goal as well. Whats the current record? And what are you pullin now?

the quebec record is like 520ish and the canadian record is 600

i have done 455lbs back in june for 2 sets back to back. have not dealifted off the floor since then.

but i have done a 520lb off 1 inch blocks

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:14 pm
the quebec record is like 520ish and the canadian record is 600

i have done 455lbs back in june for 2 sets back to back. have not dealifted off the floor since then.

but i have done a 520lb off 1 inch blocks

Get it done brotha. Good luck in that. Does your journey in your sig follow all that?

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:18 pm
Get it done brotha. Good luck in that. Does your journey in your sig follow all that?

yap it do!

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:24 pm
yap it do!

in english, yes

Aggression
11-04-08, 5:04 pm
It's about time to hit the ride home. I'll be sippin' on a shake while I make my drive. I wish I had a DVD player in the dash. Nothing would be better than watching the DC Training Vid while being stuck in traffic ...

On second thought, that might be a bad idea. I have bad road rage as is. If I'm watching some monsters throw around weight, getting me all amped up, I might just run my truck over all the innocent cars in front of me ... To hell with them anyway. When I'm on the road, I feel like no one knows how to drive except me. If you see my truck coming up hard, just get the f*ck out the way cuz I like to drive hard and fast.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 5:06 pm
It's about time to hit the ride home. I'll be sippin' on a shake while I make my drive. I wish I had a DVD player in the dash. Nothing would be better than watching the DC Training Vid while being stuck in traffic ...

On second thought, that might be a bad idea. I have bad road rage as is. If I'm watching some monsters throw around weight, getting me all amped up, I might just run my truck over all the innocent cars in front of me ... To hell with them anyway. When I'm on the road, I feel like no one knows how to drive except me. If you see my truck coming up hard, just get the f*ck out the way cuz I like to drive hard and fast.

lol

TheDarkHalf
11-04-08, 8:49 pm
Hey brother, noticed we started our DC bulks on the same day. I'm not being nearly as strict as you with DC principles - i'm running a 5 day split with the stretches, rest-pauses, and diet. Good luck bro looking forward to seeing how your DC bulk goes.

Aggression
11-05-08, 9:29 am
Hey brother, noticed we started our DC bulks on the same day. I'm not being nearly as strict as you with DC principles - i'm running a 5 day split with the stretches, rest-pauses, and diet. Good luck bro looking forward to seeing how your DC bulk goes.

Just out of curiosity, whats your split look like? How are you doing DC in a 5-day split?

Aggression
11-05-08, 9:38 am
Alright fellas, today I get back into the gym after a 12 day layoff, and man I can't wait. I watched the instructional parts of the DC video last night just for a refresh. Man they put up some serious weight. Reppin' out 365 on incline smith machine is no joke in my mind, especially with the strict form they were using. I brought out my logbook from last springs DC training, later on today I'll post up a few of the numbers that I believe, for me, were pretty good.

Anyway, last night I got home around 7pm, after stopping off to vote and all. Had myself some grilled chicken breast and a salad, then followed that up with a shake w/ natty pb before bed, along with some of the ZMA i have left, and a melatonin.

T o m m Y
11-05-08, 9:51 am
hey man was wondering what time you train and how you incorperate the carb cut-offs?

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 9:58 am
Just out of curiosity, whats your split look like? How are you doing DC in a 5-day split?

Monday - Legs, Tues - Back, Wed - Chest, Thurs - Bi/Tri, Fri - Shoulders/Traps

I realize that I would have more growth if I did the 3 day a week split called by DC. However, I really enjoy working out 5 days a week and taking the weekends off - it's more conducive to my schedule. If at some point my schedule get busy enough where I have to drop to 3 days of weights, then i'll do that. Regardless, I do rest-pauses on the last set of each exercise (or my working set) and do the stretches at the end of each muscle group as well.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:00 am
hey man was wondering what time you train and how you incorperate the carb cut-offs?

Not tryin to steal the man's thread, but I cut carbs right after I finish my PWO torrent - and that's usually no later than 6:30/6:45. All my meals after that transition to pro/fat - If I do get any carbs after it's from PB (naturally occurring) and skim milk (GI of 30 - pretty low IMO).

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:03 am

My training days are Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Wednesday and Friday, training will be around 7:30-8:00pm
Sundays, my training time will vary. It will be anytime in the morning/afternoon (depending on what time the Giants play)

Tonight my carb cutoff will end with my post workout serving of Torrent. I'll then have one more whole food meal before going to bed.
Fridays and Sundays will be different, simply because on Friday nights, I won't be going to bed nearly as early as during the week. After a Friday night workout, I'll have my Nitro, then Torrent 30min later. I'll have another meal about an hour after that, and then a final meal (most likely a shake), prior to going to bed. Friday nights will be the one day where I'll be pushing 8 meals in total (3 shakes). Carbs on a Sunday will be absent from my final 2 meals of the day (7 meals total).

As for my off-days, the last two meals of the day will be free of carbs (7 meals total)
-- Green veggies and salads will be subbed in.

The one day where my carb cut-off will be a bit hindered is on Wednesdays, where I'll be training late, and going to bed early. Only one meal will be free of carbs.

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:05 am

I realize that I would have more growth if I did the 3 day a week split called by DC. However, I really enjoy working out 5 days a week and taking the weekends off - it's more conducive to my schedule. If at some point my schedule get busy enough where I have to drop to 3 days of weights, then i'll do that. Regardless, I do rest-pauses on the last set of each exercise (or my working set) and do the stretches at the end of each muscle group as well.

So if I understand this correctly, you hit the gym on, say Wednesday, and you do your one set (with 2 rest-pauses), then leave the gym? Or are you doing more sets (like 8-12), and just on your final sets of an exercise, your hitting the rest-pause?

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:09 am

DC also has a 4-day split, which is suppose to be done only by the more advanced, elite bodybuilders, but it may offer you a way to better adhere to the program.

Monday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesday - Back/Biceps/Forearms
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Calves/Hams/Quads
Friday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps (workout 1B)
Saturday/Sunday - OFF

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:13 am
So if I understand this correctly, you hit the gym on, say Wednesday, and you do your one set (with 2 rest-pauses), then leave the gym? Or are you doing more sets (like 8-12), and just on your final sets of an exercise, your hitting the rest-pause?

I do more sets on the larger muscle groups like back and legs (I personally think they can handle more) and do 8-12 sets on the smaller groups like chest, arms, and shoulders/traps. Ultimately it will ultimately depend on how my muscles are handing the load for the day. But yea my final set of the exercise is always my heaviest set, and I always try to rest pause that last set twice.

IE Flat BB Bench
135x10
185x8
225x6
275x5 +3 +2 (the rest pause set)

and then of course DC stretch at the end of chest

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:17 am
I do more sets on the larger muscle groups like back and legs (I personally think they can handle more) and do 8-12 sets on the smaller groups like chest, arms, and shoulders/traps. Ultimately it will ultimately depend on how my muscles are handing the load for the day. But yea my final set of the exercise is always my heaviest set, and I always try to rest pause that last set twice.

IE Flat BB Bench
135x10
185x8
225x6
275x5 +3 +2 (the rest pause set)

and then of course DC stretch at the end of chest

I'm no expert on DC bro, but I'd advise you to just carefully watch your progress. DC is heavily demanding, and it taxes your body pretty well. That's why they have blast/cruise phases built into the program. And thats when your only doing ONE set per bodypart/workout. Your doing 8-12 on smaller groups, and including a rest-pause scheme. You might run the risk of overtraining. Like I said, I'm no expert, but just keep a close eye on things in terms of progress and the logbook.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:30 am
I'm no expert on DC bro, but I'd advise you to just carefully watch your progress. DC is heavily demanding, and it taxes your body pretty well. That's why they have blast/cruise phases built into the program. And thats when your only doing ONE set per bodypart/workout. Your doing 8-12 on smaller groups, and including a rest-pause scheme. You might run the risk of overtraining. Like I said, I'm no expert, but just keep a close eye on things in terms of progress and the logbook.

Yea if you think that's overtraining you should have seen some of my workouts before I started this DC bulk! I always used to feel like I could never get enough done - now that i'm keeping a log, i'm only doing the exercises I write in the logbook before I go to the gym. Thanks for the concern and I am planning on watching how everything shakes out. Ultimately the most important thing with this program is progression (IMO) - as long as i'm beating the log and making gains it's all gravy baby. Feel free to drop in on my log and check my progress from time to time.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:40 am
Haha shit bro just now realized that you were once Harch33!

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:41 am
To give everyone a base as to where I'm at strength wise, here are a few numbers from my DC training log, recorded last spring (April 08):

Dumbbell Curl: 55 x 6+3+2 = 11 reps
Pinwheel Curl: 55 x 13 (straight reps)
Incline Dumbbell Press: 105 x 6+2+2 = 10 reps
Rack Deadlifts: 415 x 10 || 460 x 4
Leg Press: 10(45's)+1(25lb) PER SIDE x 9reps || 11(45's) PER SIDE x 5 reps

- Just a few numbers/lifts.

- On a side note: I see myself easily blowing past these numbers come this time around. At the time of these numbers, I was weighing 214lbs, with a shakey diet and a poor choice of equipment (college gym). Also, after dieting down to 183 last month, I was still repping out 4-5 reps with the 55's on the dumbbell curl. After looking through this, I'm even more pumped to hit up the gym. LETS GET DIRTY.

SizeMatters
11-05-08, 10:43 am

x2

Aggression
11-05-08, 10:49 am
Haha shit bro just now realized that you were once Harch33!

HaHa, yup. I had that diet log going on. Now that that's over, time to get hyoooooge.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 11:13 am
HaHa, yup. I had that diet log going on. Now that that's over, time to get hyoooooge.

Would have been on this much sooner had I know you'd changed your name. Lets git errrr doneeee!

Aggression
11-05-08, 11:19 am
Would have been on this much sooner had I know you'd changed your name. Lets git errrr doneeee!

Ha I appreciate it bro. Yeah, had to give my image a face-lift. That old name was too soft and generic. This one, I believe, suits me a little more.

Aggression
11-05-08, 12:23 pm
7 hours until I'm home, finishing up my pre-workout meal, getting my Shock Therapy mix. Gonna be nice to walk back into the gym after being out for a while. Gonna be happy to see the familiar faces and the familiar sounds of my gym. I think I'll start off with a light 10min warm up on the bike. Our bikes are on the second level of my gym, and it overlooks the entire gym floor, which is nice, because I'll be able to take everything in for 10 good minutes before I start back up.

I'm also pumped about starting this 'complete workout formula', consisting of Shock Therapy pre-workout, Intra-Aid w/ storm intra-workout, Nitro + Torrent post-workout.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 1:05 pm
7 hours until I'm home, finishing up my pre-workout meal, getting my Shock Therapy mix. Gonna be nice to walk back into the gym after being out for a while. Gonna be happy to see the familiar faces and the familiar sounds of my gym. I think I'll start off with a light 10min warm up on the bike. Our bikes are on the second level of my gym, and it overlooks the entire gym floor, which is nice, because I'll be able to take everything in for 10 good minutes before I start back up.

I'm also pumped about starting this 'complete workout formula', consisting of Shock Therapy pre-workout, Intra-Aid w/ storm intra-workout, Nitro + Torrent post-workout.

Nice bro. I'm interested in hearing how that combo works out for you. I started torrent loading this week, 1 serving pre, 2 servings intra, 25g whey and nitro PWO.

T o m m Y
11-05-08, 1:17 pm
My training days are Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Wednesday and Friday, training will be around 7:30-8:00pm
Sundays, my training time will vary. It will be anytime in the morning/afternoon (depending on what time the Giants play)

Tonight my carb cutoff will end with my post workout serving of Torrent. I'll then have one more whole food meal before going to bed.
Fridays and Sundays will be different, simply because on Friday nights, I won't be going to bed nearly as early as during the week. After a Friday night workout, I'll have my Nitro, then Torrent 30min later. I'll have another meal about an hour after that, and then a final meal (most likely a shake), prior to going to bed. Friday nights will be the one day where I'll be pushing 8 meals in total (3 shakes). Carbs on a Sunday will be absent from my final 2 meals of the day (7 meals total).

As for my off-days, the last two meals of the day will be free of carbs (7 meals total)
-- Green veggies and salads will be subbed in.

The one day where my carb cut-off will be a bit hindered is on Wednesdays, where I'll be training late, and going to bed early. Only one meal will be free of carbs.

aaaah i seee,so you can have as many carbs as you want thru out the day?

Aggression
11-05-08, 1:20 pm
aaaah i seee,so you can have as many carbs as you want thru out the day?

Basically, yes. The diet behind DC is strict emphasis on protein intake (2g/lb bw). As far as carbs go, I'm going to be eating for growth, having a good amount of carbs per meal, except during my carb-cutoff meals.

Aggression
11-06-08, 9:28 am
Had my first session in about 2 weeks last night. Overall, it went really well. I was definitely pumped up to get into the gym, but I made sure not to go all out; didn't want to wake up and not be able to move. Last night was more of a feel-out workout, enabling me to get some base numbers for my weights in DC. As for my lifts, I lost a bit of strength after taking off for 12 days, mostly getting 6-7 reps last night with a weight I would pump out 10 reps with 2 weeks ago, but its understandable. By the next time this workout (1A) comes around, I'll be blowing past the numbers in the logbook from last night.

Aggression
11-06-08, 9:35 am
Last night was the first gym session while using the Shock Therapy pre-workout, Intra-Aid/Storm intra-workout, and Nitro/Torrent post-workout. It's too early to tell the effects of this lil concoction, mainly because I was energized enough naturally just to get back into the gym after 2 weeks off. It'll be another week or two before I can say if it's doing the job, once my excitement for being back in the gym begins to fade. I will say though, that I felt like I could have stayed another hour and worked out. Now whether thats due to the supplements, or just the fact I was pumped up for being back remains to be determined. It's good to be back ...

Aggression
11-06-08, 10:10 am
Here are my numbers for my first day back, doing DC.

Just so there's no confusion, the total weight on any smith machine or hammer strength exercise is looked at as if its on a barbell. For example, my smith machine close grip bench exercise says 225lbs. That means 2 45's on each side. Yeah, I know it's not really 225 but who gives a sh*t. As long as I know what to beat the next time, I can care less. Also, all dumbbell weights are the weights PER hand. 95lbs = 95lb dumbbell in each hand (190 total). HS = Hammer Strength.

Workout 1A

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 95lbs x 7+2+2 = 11 reps
HS Shoulder Press: 225lbs x 7+3+2 = 12 reps
Smith Machine Close-Grip Bench Press: 225lbs x 7+3+2 = 12 reps
Lat Pulldown: 190lbs x 6+3+2 = 11 reps
HS Row: 315 x 8 || 365 x 4

Stretches were done after each bodypart for only 30sec. Starting Friday, all stretches will be between 60-90 seconds long.

These weights will be smashed next time workout 1A comes around again. Hell Yeah.

Aggression
11-06-08, 10:26 am
Here's a quick question, for DC, cardio is suggested to be done at least 2 days a week, along with abs. I will be doing a ab/cardio workout Thursdays, and Saturdays. If I hit the gym up for 8-10 sets of abs, then hit up some cardio for 30min, should I pop some Nitro in afterward? Or should I just save the Nitro for after legit weight workouts?

Aggression
11-06-08, 11:58 am
Another thing I'm happy about is that I'm still very lean and vascular from my 7 week diet. I gorged on anything I craved over the 7 weeks. For 4 days I ate whatever I wanted. I still had my Pak every morning, but I didn't have any protein powders, any other supplements, all I had was crap junk food. After the 4th day, I didn't even want junk anymore, so I cleaned up my diet and went back into eating heavy and really clean. In the gym ysterday, I noticed I still had crazy veins in my forarms/biceps, and I was generally not as puffy and soft as I was when I was at 214. I hope to get back up to 214 and beyond, but while being a lot leaner this time around.

I'm gonna keep my bodyfat lower this offseason by implementing cardio with DC, 2 times a week for 20-30min/session, as well as keeping my diet generally clean. Of course I'll have the much anticipated cheat meals, but I'll try to keep them limited to the weekend. This way, come next fall, the dieting will be much easier.

TheDarkHalf
11-06-08, 12:00 pm
Here's a quick question, for DC, cardio is suggested to be done at least 2 days a week, along with abs. I will be doing a ab/cardio workout Thursdays, and Saturdays. If I hit the gym up for 8-10 sets of abs, then hit up some cardio for 30min, should I pop some Nitro in afterward? Or should I just save the Nitro for after legit weight workouts?

First out looks like you had a good workout there!

You're still growing on those days so I don't think it would hurt. If you can afford to I would do it.

Aggression
11-06-08, 12:05 pm
First out looks like you had a good workout there!

You're still growing on those days so I don't think it would hurt. If you can afford to I would do it.

Yeah I can afford it. I'm taking EAA stack as well (2-3 servings a day). I'll just pop some Nitro after abs/cardio, then head home, shower up, and eat a solid meal. Sounds good.

TheDarkHalf
11-06-08, 12:22 pm
Yeah I can afford it. I'm taking EAA stack as well (2-3 servings a day). I'll just pop some Nitro after abs/cardio, then head home, shower up, and eat a solid meal. Sounds good.

I'm opting to not take Nitro on the weekends, but will most likely combine EAA Nitro and EAA stack to help make up for the lost aminos.

Aggression
11-06-08, 12:38 pm
I'm opting to not take Nitro on the weekends, but will most likely combine EAA Nitro and EAA stack to help make up for the lost aminos.

Yeah, on my complete days off (Monday & Tuesday), I'll just be taking EAA stack. But during training days and ab/cardio days, I'll be taking the Nitro post workout, along with EAA 2-3 times throughout the day.

Aggression
11-06-08, 3:33 pm
The soreness is setting in nicely. As I sit here, I have begun to notice that my body is getting pretty sore. I always like how the soreness doesn't set in for me until mid-way through the next day. Every body part feels niCe and tight. Finished up lunch a while ago, which consisted of ~8oz ground beef w/ barilla pasta. Prior to that was 2.5 scoops Real Gains w/ 1 scoop Tropical Punch IsoWhey, and of course breakfast before that. On the drive to work, I downed a serving of Storm/EAA stack and used that mixture to flush down my Pak and Omega.

Gonna have some turkey london broil w/ a sweet potato in about an hour, then another weight gainer on the ride home.

Aggression
11-07-08, 9:47 am
Hit up cardio last night after work for a nice lil' 30min on the treadmill. Did a solid 8 sets of abs before hitting the cardio

Abs:
Rope crunches: 4 x 10-20
Lying leg raises w/ weight: 4 x 10-15

Cardio:
30min treadmill
3.3 speed 3.5 incline.

Aggression
11-07-08, 9:51 am
I'll give some life to this thread and add in my diet from yesterday:

Meal 1: Bagel sandwich (2eggs,turkey bacon, 2slices swiss, ketchup) + 1 cup cottage cheese
Meal 2: 2.5 scoops real gains w/ 1 scoop IsoWhey + EAA stack
Meal 3: 8oz ground beef w/ barilla WG pasta
Meal 4: 6oz turkey london broil w/sweet potato
Meal 5: same as meal 2
Meal 6: steak and broccoli
Meal 7: 60gm IsoWhey + EAA stack in 10oz milk

Aggression
11-07-08, 10:11 am
So I'll rant a little bit ...

The past few days it's been a sh*tty ride home from work. All along the Jersey coast it's been miserable, raining for the past 3 days. Why when it rains, does everyone on the road suddenly shit their pants? 50mph zone, I'm doing 35 behind a punch of panzies who are afraid of a little water on their windshield. To make matters even worse, I try to take backroads, so its a single lane all the way home, and I got this Buick (why do all old people decide on Buicks?) going half the speed limit, and as I make an illegal pass, I stare him down (c'mon we all do it), and the dude's chin is basically on the steering wheel, and he looks scared sh*tless. Dude get off the road. Then I had people wait until the very last minute to put their blinkers on, making me swerve to avoid rear-ending them (yeah a tail-gate sometimes). Meanwhile I got the window down and some rock blasting through my speakers and I just wanna mow people down. Today, I'm taking the parkway home, I don't care if it actually takes longer, I just wanna drive over 50mph on open road. Give me the left lane on the parkway and Ill just cruise at 80mph all the way home .... solid.

Yeah I'm a reckless driver at times, especially when all I want to do is get home so I can hit the gym. Yesterday I drove like that when I had abs and cardio to do later that night. Tonight I have Biceps/Forearms/Legs. Man ... 101.5 better put out a warning for when I get off work.

Aggression .. the name suits me well when it comes to driving as well as lifting.

Aggression
11-07-08, 12:54 pm
Hitting up the BK Lounge for lunch today. Gonna treat myself. Been eating big but clean as sh*t all week. It's gonna be a good time.

The Epidemic
11-07-08, 2:35 pm
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, right to the point.

23yrs old
5'10"
~195lbs

Been training 4 years (last 1-2 years serious)

Started a trial-competition diet on 9.01.08 @ 214lbs
Ended my trial-competition diet on 10.24.08 @ 183lbs.

Time to BULK

-Targets:
Add overall muscle mass
Keep body-fat levels lower than previous
9 month bulk/3 month cut --- compete in fall 09'

I will be doing DC training for the following reasons:

I will post up my list of exercises/supps by the end of the day .....
We have silmar goals.. i love this word trial-competition diet, i will doing the same thing and if i look good, im doin the show in fall too.. i wanted to try DC also.

i just started my bulk too

Aggression
11-07-08, 2:41 pm
We have silmar goals.. i love this word trial-competition diet, i will doing the same thing and if i look good, im doin the show in fall too.. i wanted to try DC also.

i just started my bulk too

Yeah bro. I did that diet just to feel shit out. I gained a bunch of knowledge throughout the diet too. Now when next fall comes, I can make sure I don't make the same mistakes I did originally. Def give DC a try man. Its rough getting used to it, but I love it.

prowrestler
11-07-08, 3:47 pm
Here are my numbers for my first day back, doing DC.

Just so there's no confusion, the total weight on any smith machine or hammer strength exercise is looked at as if its on a barbell. For example, my smith machine close grip bench exercise says 225lbs. That means 2 45's on each side. Yeah, I know it's not really 225 but who gives a sh*t. As long as I know what to beat the next time, I can care less. Also, all dumbbell weights are the weights PER hand. 95lbs = 95lb dumbbell in each hand (190 total). HS = Hammer Strength.

Workout 1A

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 95lbs x 7+2+2 = 11 reps
HS Shoulder Press: 225lbs x 7+3+2 = 12 reps
Smith Machine Close-Grip Bench Press: 225lbs x 7+3+2 = 12 reps
Lat Pulldown: 190lbs x 6+3+2 = 11 reps
HS Row: 315 x 8 || 365 x 4

Stretches were done after each bodypart for only 30sec. Starting Friday, all stretches will be between 60-90 seconds long.

These weights will be smashed next time workout 1A comes around again. Hell Yeah.

nice one, seek and destroy those pr's

Aggression
11-07-08, 3:50 pm
nice one, seek and destroy those pr's

O dude they're gonna get destroyed. I was pissed to see that some of the weights I did for 10 reps 2 weeks ago, I could only get for 6 or 7 now, but then again, I did take almost 2 weeks off. Once my body rewires itself for lifting, I'll blow past them and give them the middle finger as I cruise by haha.

prowrestler
11-07-08, 3:58 pm
O dude they're gonna get destroyed. I was pissed to see that some of the weights I did for 10 reps 2 weeks ago, I could only get for 6 or 7 now, but then again, I did take almost 2 weeks off. Once my body rewires itself for lifting, I'll blow past them and give them the middle finger as I cruise by haha.

nothin like progress

yep, just kick it all into high gear and watch it happen before your eyes

Factory
11-07-08, 8:27 pm

muscle memory baby! you'll be pounding them ALOT harder really soon. 2 weeks off, I don't know HOW you did it... probably for the best though.

Aggression
11-07-08, 9:53 pm
muscle memory baby! you'll be pounding them ALOT harder really soon. 2 weeks off, I don't know HOW you did it... probably for the best though.

Ha, yeah that's what I kept telling myself. I know it was for the better. I'm a big believer in letting your body rest up, especially after going about 5 weeks with 30-50g of carbs daily, combined with cardio and working out. Now my body is totally rewired and ready to take off. Strap yourselves in ... it's gonna get nuts.

The Epidemic
11-07-08, 10:46 pm
stubbed

Aggression
11-10-08, 10:41 am
Alright fellas. I'm back in the saddle after the weekend. This weekend was a great one. Lifted Friday night after work, did Biceps/Forearms/Legs, then hit up the NJ Championships in Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday night to see some big dudes. Sunday was another great day. Hit up the gym again, then went out to buy some bulk food at BJs. After that was all said and done, I relaxed and watched my G-Men beat up the Eagles, making them the dominant force in the NFC East, and more importantly, the NFC. Do I smell a first round bye?

Another great thing happened to me this weekend. I'd posted replies in other threads about how much I can't stand eating eggs. I despise them. Can't stand the taste, texture, or smell. They suck. But since they're soooo good for you, I have been eating them every morning for YEARS, cursing at them the entire time. You know you hate eggs when it takes you 40min just to swallow a measly 4 whole eggs. Then it takes another 10min to choke down a cup of oats. I tried all varieties and ways to make eggs bearable, but got no where. It's fu*ked up that I needed to wake up 1.5 hrs before work, just so i had my hour to eat my breakfast!! But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Eggs are awesome now. Saturday morning I was looking to mix it up yet again with my eggs. As I got my eggs together and ready to throw into the pan, I found some leftover roasted potatoes that my family had eaten for dinner the night before. I threw the rest of the baggie into the eggs, and viola! I love eggs now. I went out and bought 2 big bags of hashbrowns (same sh*t), cooked the bag up last night (so mornings would be easier) and BAM. Threw down 5 whole eggs and 2 handfulls of hashbrowns in 10min. Yeah I know, hashbrowns aren't the best carbs to eat in the morning, but hey, I'm bulking up and if it helps me cut down my breakfast by 40min, then I'm game!

Aggression
11-10-08, 10:45 am
My diet wasn't as rigid as it is during the week. I eat really clean during the week; pounding the protein and complex carbs (barilla pasta for now), but on the weekends, I let my diet slip a bit, but without sacrificing my protein. I still get my protein in, and still drink my gallon of water, but my carb/fat choices are a little more tasteful during the weekend. For example, yesterday afternoon I was in the mood for some pizza. Being too lazy to go out and get a pie, I took out a frozen piece of Ellios Pizza. I threw the whole thing (3 total 'slices') into the toaster oven, but before that, I diced up about 4oz of lean ground beef and put it on top of the pizza, then cooked it up. Man it was good.

Aggression
11-10-08, 10:52 am
Here's my weights from my workout on Friday, after work. Looking back on my previous bests for DC, they're a little lower now, but remember, this is my first bicep/leg workout in over 2 weeks. Here we go ...

11.07.08 - Workout 2A - Biceps/Forearms/Calves

Barbell Curl: 105lbs x 5+3+2 = 10 reps
Pinwheel Curls: 45lbs x 10 (straight set)
Donkey Calf Raises: 200lbs x 10 (w/ 5sec neg + 10sec stretch at bottom each rep)
Standing One-Leg Curl: 50lbs x 10+5+3 = 18 reps (R-leg) || 50lbs x 11+4+3 = 18 reps (L-leg)
Leg Press: 5 plates/side x 12 reps || 7 plates/side x 4 reps

Aggression
11-10-08, 11:00 am
Leg Press: 5 plates/side x 12 reps || 7 plates/side x 4 reps

Last spring I was doing 11 plates/side, plus a 25lb for the same amount of reps as I did Friday with 5. Reasoning involves foot placement. In the spring, my feet were high on the boards, hitting mainly the hams, and not having to go as deep with the rep. I've since lowered my feet towards the bottom, in an effort to blast the quads. Obviously weights had to be altered, but its for the better.

T o m m Y
11-10-08, 11:01 am
all good brotha,you will make it back up to that weight in no time my man..

Aggression
11-10-08, 11:11 am
Sunday's workout was pure aggression. I went in there full of energy after a hearty breakfast and a serving of Shock Therapy. I was primed and ready to kill. Lets get to the numbers.

Workout 1B - 11.09.08 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back

Smith Machine Incline Press: 225lbs x 7+3+3 = 13 reps
Military Shoulder Press: 145 x 7+3+3 = 13 reps <-- haven't done these in YEARS
Straight Bar Pushdowns: 75lbs x 9+4+3 = 16 reps
Rack Chins: 45lb dumbbell x 9+4+4 = 17 reps (first time ever doing these. BTW, for future rack chinners, get someone to put the dumbbell onto your lap. Don't try doing it yourself. You'll look and feel like a monkey swinging from a tree-branch)
T-Bar Machine Row: 115 x 10 || 125 x 6

Notes: Rack chins were awesome. My back is sore as a bit*h right now from them. Felt pretty good and looked crazy pumped at the end of the workout. And now I play the waiting game until Wednesday ...

Aggression
11-10-08, 11:21 am
When I ended my diet on 10.24.08, I weighed 183lbs, fresh in the morning. I weighed myself after breakfast, before the gym on Sunday, and tipped the scales at 200lbs. Ok, so knock off a few pounds because of the clothes and the breakfast. I'm very pleased about my weight because I'm still retaining the leanness I had during my diet. I still look very vascular in the gym, and I'm still displaying some good veinege. I plan to retain this look as much as possible, while adding quality muscular weight.

papa murf
11-10-08, 1:35 pm
workout looks real solid dude. i may be wrong but is a rack chin a form of a pull-up? i have never heard that.

Enforcer
11-10-08, 2:20 pm
Sunday's workout was pure aggression. I went in there full of energy after a hearty breakfast and a serving of Shock Therapy. I was primed and ready to kill. Lets get to the numbers.

Workout 1B - 11.09.08 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back

Smith Machine Incline Press: 225lbs x 7+3+3 = 13 reps
Military Shoulder Press: 145 x 7+3+3 = 13 reps <-- haven't done these in YEARS
Straight Bar Pushdowns: 75lbs x 9+4+3 = 16 reps
Rack Chins: 45lb dumbbell x 9+4+4 = 17 reps (first time ever doing these. BTW, for future rack chinners, get someone to put the dumbbell onto your lap. Don't try doing it yourself. You'll look and feel like a monkey swinging from a tree-branch)
T-Bar Machine Row: 115 x 10 || 125 x 6

Notes: Rack chins were awesome. My back is sore as a bit*h right now from them. Felt pretty good and looked crazy pumped at the end of the workout. And now I play the waiting game until Wednesday ...

Nice session bro and fuck the Giants...yeah you heard me

Aggression
11-10-08, 2:23 pm
workout looks real solid dude. i may be wrong but is a rack chin a form of a pull-up? i have never heard that.

Hard to explain bro. Tried them for the first time Sunday and they felt great.

Here's a link to a video of rack chins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-b4qOOWsE

prowrestler
11-10-08, 3:15 pm
great work in here

papa murf
11-10-08, 6:12 pm
Hard to explain bro. Tried them for the first time Sunday and they felt great.

Here's a link to a video of rack chins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-b4qOOWsE

yep that was pretty self-explanatory. interesting variation. plus i can see what you mean by having someone assist with the DB. that would be a bitch to get a heavy one in position.

TheDarkHalf
11-10-08, 7:28 pm
damn son you're definitely putting in the work! Do you feel that those rack chins are more isolation or compound?

Aggression
11-11-08, 9:36 am
yep that was pretty self-explanatory. interesting variation. plus i can see what you mean by having someone assist with the DB. that would be a bitch to get a heavy one in position.

Yeah bro, I tried putting the dumbbell on my own lap for the first set, and although I was able to do the set, the process of getting setup was hard as f*ck. I must have looked like a friggin' ape as I was hanging onto the bar with one hand, and trying to lift/place the dumbbell onto my lap with the other haha. I would have originally asked for a spot, but it was a Sunday afternoon, and no one was really in the gym.

Aggression
11-11-08, 9:38 am
damn son you're definitely putting in the work! Do you feel that those rack chins are more isolation or compound?

I'd say its more of a isolation for the lats. I guess the whole way your body is situated, it places all the stress on the lats. Yesterday and today, my lats have been sore in a way they never were before. It feels like I have hit them in a completely different way. I would suggest anyone to at least try these, DC training or not, they will 100% build up your lats bigtime.

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 9:48 am
I'd say its more of a isolation for the lats. I guess the whole way your body is situated, it places all the stress on the lats. Yesterday and today, my lats have been sore in a way they never were before. It feels like I have hit them in a completely different way. I would suggest anyone to at least try these, DC training or not, they will 100% build up your lats bigtime.

That's solid. If I ever have an exercise stall out on my back day and need to swap something out, i'll be sure to give these a try

Aggression
11-11-08, 9:54 am
That's solid. If I ever have an exercise stall out on my back day and need to swap something out, i'll be sure to give these a try

Yeah man, they're sore as hell. Good thing I opted for T-bar rows as my back thickness exercise, rather than rack deads. Rack Chins + Rack Deadlifts = annihilation of your back. I'll hit up rack deads this Friday, with HS underhand lat pull as the width exercise.

Aggression
11-11-08, 10:36 am
I threw my exact breakdown of my diet into Fitday, just to get a good estimate of where I stand in terms of calories/protein/carbs/fats. I was a little upset, as I thought I was getting in more protein than it turned out to be.

Original Diet:
6 meals off days // 7-8 meals training days (8meals on Friday)
Cals: 3492
Fat: 157.6g
Carbs: 243g
Protein: 285g

Changes to be made:
1. 1 extra egg to breakfast
2. AT LEAST 1/2 cup almonds EVERYDAY (something I havent been consistent with)
3. An extra shake thrown into the mix (probably on the ride home from work)
4. A glass of milk with 3 of my meals during the day (24oz total)

With those 4 simples changes, the new diet breakdown looks like this:
Cals: 4607
Fat: 221g (from milk/eggs/almonds/groundbeef)
Carbs: 298g
Protein: 379g
(DC states 2g pro/lb bodyweight. I need 390g. On training days, Torrent (20g protein) will cover me.)

- In addition, I'll be eating peanut butter out of the jar as I please towards the end of the day because of the carb cutoff. I'll also be trying to add in green veggies in my final 2 meals of the day.

Aggression
11-11-08, 10:52 am
All the foods I'm eating on a daily basis are pretty clean foods. Nothing but eggs, milk, ground beef, whole grain pasta, almonds, and whey protein. The fats are coming from eggs, milk, and ground beef. The only suggestive item I eat on a daily basis is the hash browns with my eggs in the morning. But its the only way i can eat 4-5 eggs under 40min.

Im trying something new this time around with my diet. I'm keeping the carbs a bit lower, and adding in healthy fats, like almonds, evoo, natty pb, and keeping the protein high. Let's see how my body responds; I've never responded that well to high carb intake.

prowrestler
11-11-08, 10:58 am
All the foods I'm eating on a daily basis are pretty clean foods. Nothing but eggs, milk, ground beef, whole grain pasta, almonds, and whey protein. The fats are coming from eggs, milk, and ground beef. The only suggestive item I eat on a daily basis is the hash browns with my eggs in the morning. But its the only way i can eat 4-5 eggs under 40min.

Im trying something new this time around with my diet. I'm keeping the carbs a bit lower, and adding in healthy fats, like almonds, evoo, natty pb, and keeping the protein high. Let's see how my body responds; I've never responded that well to high carb intake.

thats a good diet for lean mass gains man. testosterone will go up and the calories will be easy to come by. try it out man. just make sure to have some carbs in there or else if your like me, you'll feel like....kinda out of it? best i can explain it.

Aggression
11-11-08, 11:04 am
thats a good diet for lean mass gains man. testosterone will go up and the calories will be easy to come by. try it out man. just make sure to have some carbs in there or else if your like me, you'll feel like....kinda out of it? best i can explain it.

Yeah, back when I was having 40g carbs while dieting, I was out of it 24/7 haha. My carbs are at 300g now, I'll see how that goes. If I need more, I'll just add in a little more pasta to each meal. I think with the higher fat content I should be fine with 300g carbs. I didn't add the breakdown of the supps I'm on either, like shock therapy, storm, intra-aid, and Torrent. I assume that on training days when I'm taking all these as well, my cals will be easily over 5k.

prowrestler
11-11-08, 11:06 am
Yeah, back when I was having 40g carbs while dieting, I was out of it 24/7 haha. My carbs are at 300g now, I'll see how that goes. If I need more, I'll just add in a little more pasta to each meal. I think with the higher fat content I should be fine with 300g carbs. I didn't add the breakdown of the supps I'm on either, like shock therapy, storm, intra-aid, and Torrent. I assume that on training days when I'm taking all these as well, my cals will be easily over 5k.

your 195lbs right?

you should be fine with that, id still up the carbs a tad bit to 350-400 but thats just me. im a carbosaurus.

Aggression
11-11-08, 11:09 am
your 195lbs right?

you should be fine with that, id still up the carbs a tad bit to 350-400 but thats just me. im a carbosaurus.

Yup, about 195 now. Yeah I used to house the carbs, but I'm trying something different. When I slammed the carbs, I gained too much unnecessary weight, held a lot of water, and smoothed out too much. This time around I wanna stay leaner while adding quality muscle. I'd rather only gain 10-12lbs in a year with it being quality muscle and minimal fat, thus making the diet for the show much easier. When I hit my high of 214 again, I want to look completely different compared to the first time at 214.

prowrestler
11-11-08, 11:11 am
Yup, about 195 now. Yeah I used to house the carbs, but I'm trying something different. When I slammed the carbs, I gained too much unnecessary weight, held a lot of water, and smoothed out too much. This time around I wanna stay leaner while adding quality muscle. I'd rather only gain 10-12lbs in a year with it being quality muscle and minimal fat, thus making the diet for the show much easier. When I hit my high of 214 again, I want to look completely different compared to the first time at 214.

true, your a bodybuilder so your mentality is abit different then ours.

ne need for anyone to gain pounds and pounds of fat. keep it lean and youll be a machine

Aggression
11-11-08, 11:14 am
true, your a bodybuilder so your mentality is abit different then ours.

ne need for anyone to gain pounds and pounds of fat. keep it lean and youll be a machine

Most def, thanks for the advice bro. Who knows? I might end up going back to being a 'carbosaurus' if this diet doesn't work out.

prowrestler
11-11-08, 11:16 am
Most def, thanks for the advice bro. Who knows? I might end up going back to being a 'carbosaurus' if this diet doesn't work out.

ya true, gotta test it all out before you know it for sure.

keep protien high and cals high and muscle gains will be high too

Aggression
11-11-08, 11:31 am
Question regarding to cardio:

I know its best to do cardio on an empty stomach, or right after the weights. DC cardio is meant to be done on off days. I'm also hitting abs directly before cardio. Usually I'll hit the gym first with 8-10 sets of abs, then cardio. Would it be fine to hit up the abs/cardio at night after work?

Basically I want to know if it's effective to hit abs/ cardio after work. Can hitting the abs count as a training session? (even if its only 15-20min) That way, can I burn some fat while doing the cardio?

My thinking is: cardio is best on empty stomach, but I won't hit abs on an empty stomach (pointless). So hitting abs should cover my training session (depleting glycogen storages), and then cardio should be fine. Does this sound legit?

hardworkE
11-11-08, 1:52 pm
Whats up big man. New member to the forvm, check out the journey. You're back at 200 already? That barilla pasta must be doing wonders over there...

Aggression
11-11-08, 2:00 pm
Whats up big man. New member to the forvm, check out the journey. You're back at 200 already? That barilla pasta must be doing wonders over there...

Ah its more of just putting the water weight back on from eating more carbs and various foods. I put on about 10lbs in one week after the diet.

J Wong
11-11-08, 3:28 pm
This DC training looks cool, good luck!

Aggression
11-11-08, 5:17 pm
Alright fellas. I'm about to head home for the day. I'm probably gonna hit up some abs/cardio after work.

TheDarkHalf
11-11-08, 7:40 pm
Question regarding to cardio:

I know its best to do cardio on an empty stomach, or right after the weights. DC cardio is meant to be done on off days. I'm also hitting abs directly before cardio. Usually I'll hit the gym first with 8-10 sets of abs, then cardio. Would it be fine to hit up the abs/cardio at night after work?

Basically I want to know if it's effective to hit abs/ cardio after work. Can hitting the abs count as a training session? (even if its only 15-20min) That way, can I burn some fat while doing the cardio?

My thinking is: cardio is best on empty stomach, but I won't hit abs on an empty stomach (pointless). So hitting abs should cover my training session (depleting glycogen storages), and then cardio should be fine. Does this sound legit?

I wouldn't worry about what DC cardio calls for, go for what your body calls for. My body loves to put on fat, so i've got to keep the cardio at about 4x per week at low intensity for about 30 mins. I usually do mine right when I wake up.

I don't know if a session of abs will deplete your glycogen stores, however if you do your cardio for 30 mins and keep your heart rate at around 120-125 bpm - that's a good zone for burning off fat.

Aggression
11-12-08, 9:59 am
I wouldn't worry about what DC cardio calls for, go for what your body calls for. My body loves to put on fat, so i've got to keep the cardio at about 4x per week at low intensity for about 30 mins. I usually do mine right when I wake up.

I don't know if a session of abs will deplete your glycogen stores, however if you do your cardio for 30 mins and keep your heart rate at around 120-125 bpm - that's a good zone for burning off fat.

Last night I did 8 sets of abs. 4 sets of rope crunches, then 2 supersets of a weighted ab machine crunch w/ leg raises. Abs felt good, then I hit up the treadmill for 30min of cardio. I'm liking these ab/cardio days. Blast abs for 15min, then hit up some nice cardio. Tonight is Biceps/Forearms/Legs; can't wait.

TheDarkHalf
11-12-08, 10:22 am
Last night I did 8 sets of abs. 4 sets of rope crunches, then 2 supersets of a weighted ab machine crunch w/ leg raises. Abs felt good, then I hit up the treadmill for 30min of cardio. I'm liking these ab/cardio days. Blast abs for 15min, then hit up some nice cardio. Tonight is Biceps/Forearms/Legs; can't wait.

That's pretty serious. Last night I did two nonweighted ab circuits that I created myself a while ago, each circuit turns out 60 reps and you are not allowed to take a rest between a circuit. Then I just did 3 sets on the weighted ab machine. Maybe I should turn it up just a little on the abs.

Aggression
11-12-08, 10:27 am
That's pretty serious. Last night I did two nonweighted ab circuits that I created myself a while ago, each circuit turns out 60 reps and you are not allowed to take a rest between a circuit. Then I just did 3 sets on the weighted ab machine. Maybe I should turn it up just a little on the abs.

Yeah bro, abs are the only thing I never really hit hard. Now that I do them on their own day, with cardio, I find it easier to focus more and put more intensity into the abs. It's nice to wake up and be sore in your core haha. And I've always done non-weighted ab exercises until recently. Adding weight to every set definitely does the job for me. Sore in your core baby!!

prowrestler
11-12-08, 10:38 am
Yeah bro, abs are the only thing I never really hit hard. Now that I do them on their own day, with cardio, I find it easier to focus more and put more intensity into the abs. It's nice to wake up and be sore in your core haha. And I've always done non-weighted ab exercises until recently. Adding weight to every set definitely does the job for me. Sore in your core baby!!

try 100lb steepest possible decline situps. they'll destroy ya fast!

Aggression
11-12-08, 10:41 am
try 100lb steepest possible decline situps. they'll destroy ya fast!

Man, my abs will just break in half.

prowrestler
11-12-08, 10:44 am
Man, my abs will just break in half.

lol, i made the jump to powerlifting a while back, now i like b=heavy ab work, like my face fills up with blood like its gonna pop, i wanna puke but its only abs so ill be a bitch!

ahhh heavy ab work

Aggression
11-12-08, 10:44 am
Since we're on the ab comments, I need some good ways to build lower abs. Right now I've been alternating with:

hanging knee raises (no weight)
Hanging leg raises (5-15lb dbell)
lying leg raises (5-15lb bell).

Granted I haven't been hitting the abs legitimately enough to where I should have a rock hard midsection. Would those exercises be best for lower ab development? I know it's going to take some time to build them up, and I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for the solid exercises.

prowrestler
11-12-08, 10:56 am
Since we're on the ab comments, I need some good ways to build lower abs. Right now I've been alternating with:

hanging knee raises (no weight)
Hanging leg raises (5-15lb dbell)
lying leg raises (5-15lb bell).

Granted I haven't been hitting the abs legitimately enough to where I should have a rock hard midsection. Would those exercises be best for lower ab development? I know it's going to take some time to build them up, and I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for the solid exercises.

you got it!

Aggression
11-12-08, 11:00 am
you got it!

Perfect

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:07 pm
I'm pumped about hitting the gym up tonight. With only lifting 3 days a week, I'm salivating at the chance to get in there again and pound the weights. Tonight's workout is going to be a good one. Once home, I'm gonna slam some shock therapy, then hit the gym with my intra-aid/storm and do some work. Tonight's probables:

Straight Bar Reverse Curls
Seated Calf Raise
Seated Leg Curl
Squats

Lets get dirty.

Factory
11-12-08, 3:19 pm
I'm pumped about hitting the gym up tonight. With only lifting 3 days a week, I'm salivating at the chance to get in there again and pound the weights. Tonight's workout is going to be a good one. Once home, I'm gonna slam some shock therapy, then hit the gym with my intra-aid/storm and do some work. Tonight's probables:

Seated Calf Raise
Seated Leg Curl
Squats

Lets get dirty.

that's all you bro. kill em!

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 3:34 pm

Seated Calf Raise
Seated Leg Curl
Squats

Lets get dirty.

Hit 'em hard man. When you feel like dying on that last squat, do one more for us ;)

Aggression
11-13-08, 10:10 am
Alright, did workout 2B last night (Biceps/Forearms/Legs)

I got into the gym with crazy intensity. I guess the Shock Therapy is really doing it's job. First up I had some preacher bench ez-bar curls. I did about 5 light warm up sets to get the blood flowing, especially since this was my first overall exercise. Tore them sh*ts up, hit forearms, then it was onto legs. Calves were first, and I've recently tried doing calves w/ no shoes (just socks), and it makes a big difference. I always sort of looked the other way when I heard/saw people doing them, but I tried it out and I love the difference in feeling. Hamstrings were blasted, then I made my return to squats. Yeah, I said 'return'. I slacked off big time with squats, and legs in general for the past 6 months, for no other reason than me just bitchin' out and being lazy. I still hit them once a week, but not hard, and man, I paid for it. I used to rep out 225 for 10 reps easy on squats, and you'll see in my numbers that I am no where near that now. BUT, on the bright side, I'm back under the bar and my numbers should blow up, as well as my legs. My legs grow quick and easily.

To the numbers:

Preacher Bench EZ-Bar Curl: 95lbs x 6+3+1 = 10
- 95lbs (ez-bar plus 25+10lb plate per side) bar weighs 25? or 15? w/e, its the reps that count, not the weight of the bar
Straight bar reverse curls: Bar + 10lbs (55lbs) x 10
Seated Calf Raise: 90lbs x 9
(5s decent + 10s stretch at bottom (shoeless))
Lying Leg Curl: 140lbs by 10+6+3 = 19
-def going up in weight next session
Squats: 205 x 8 || 245 x 4
- like i said, I used to rep 225 for 10. I'll be there again real soon.

Flushed some Nitro down with Torrent and headed home.

Aggression
11-13-08, 10:17 am
Right now, my lower body is definitely sore, but feeling great. A light flexing of the calves, and I'm feeling the soreness. My quads are pretty torched as well. I haven't done hard squats in a while, and last night I had my heels on 2.5lb plates. This enabled me to keep my form better, and not lean forward or rise onto my toes as much. It directed most of the work to be on the quads, and it was definitely evident. Bi's are also feeling nice and sore. Usually my muscle soreness doesn't creep up until mid-day the following day, so I must have went that extra mile last night. Sounds good to me.

Aggression
11-13-08, 10:25 am
I like DC training. Its short, intense workouts. But I might be switching it up for a simple split. Here's why:

There's this bodybuilder at my gym, who's a high level competitor. He's competing this coming weekend at the Eastern Championships in NY. If all goes well, he's going to be shooting for the Junior Nationals. I look up to this guy, and I've recently began to converse with him on a daily basis when we're at the gym. I ask him for advice on diet, training, etc. We talked about his competition this weekend, and my goal to compete next fall. He'll be back in the gym next week, and I'm going to see if he'd want to train together. I figure the best way to go through my bulking/dieting season would be to have him in my corner, helping me with training and diet. If he's willing to train with me, then I'll just jump on board with his split, w/e it may be. I'd rather do his split and learn a sh*load of knowledge from him, rather than do DC training alone with no help.

We'll see what happens ...

Factory
11-13-08, 10:50 am
I like DC training. Its short, intense workouts. But I might be switching it up for a simple split. Here's why:

There's this bodybuilder at my gym, who's a high level competitor. He's competing this coming weekend at the Eastern Championships in NY. If all goes well, he's going to be shooting for the Junior Nationals. I look up to this guy, and I've recently began to converse with him on a daily basis when we're at the gym. I ask him for advice on diet, training, etc. We talked about his competition this weekend, and my goal to compete next fall. He'll be back in the gym next week, and I'm going to see if he'd want to train together. I figure the best way to go through my bulking/dieting season would be to have him in my corner, helping me with training and diet. If he's willing to train with me, then I'll just jump on board with his split, w/e it may be. I'd rather do his split and learn a sh*load of knowledge from him, rather than do DC training alone with no help.

We'll see what happens ...

If you can make the time and he wants to train with you, definitely go for it bro, there's nothing better than having a pro in your corner, no matter what it is your doing.

Aggression
11-13-08, 11:00 am
If you can make the time and he wants to train with you, definitely go for it bro, there's nothing better than having a pro in your corner, no matter what it is your doing.

Ah he's not a pro yet, but hopefully he'll get there. Seeing this dude training throughout the year is crazy. He's peeled to the bone right now. We'll see what happens. I might make the trip up to the Eastern USA's for the fu*k of it anyway. It's Saturday, I have nothing better to do haha.

papa murf
11-13-08, 12:01 pm
hell yeah dude that sounds like a plan. i have been training by myself for a good while and it can be hard to get motivated for improvement sometimes. if your gonna have someone who knows the deal, then he will only push you towards your own goals. hope it works out for you.

NPRamirez
11-13-08, 12:14 pm
Alright, did workout 2B last night (Biceps/Forearms/Legs)

I got into the gym with crazy intensity. I guess the Shock Therapy is really doing it's job.

Amen. I've been using the shock therapy and i'm happy to admit my results have been great ever since. Maybe it's just a state of mind but whatever works.

Nice preacher weight. And i'm fairly certain the bar sits at 25lbs.

TheDarkHalf
11-13-08, 12:33 pm
Right now, my lower body is definitely sore, but feeling great. A light flexing of the calves, and I'm feeling the soreness. My quads are pretty torched as well. I haven't done hard squats in a while, and last night I had my heels on 2.5lb plates. This enabled me to keep my form better, and not lean forward or rise onto my toes as much. It directed most of the work to be on the quads, and it was definitely evident. Bi's are also feeling nice and sore. Usually my muscle soreness doesn't creep up until mid-day the following day, so I must have went that extra mile last night. Sounds good to me.

I might have to try that 2.5lb plate idea out!

Aggression
11-13-08, 12:48 pm
I might have to try that 2.5lb plate idea out!

Ha, I dunno bro, there's a thread in here about exactly that, and a lot of the respected people on this forvm are advising against it. I doubt I'll do it again. check it out for yourself:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21835

TheDarkHalf
11-13-08, 2:19 pm
Ha, I dunno bro, there's a thread in here about exactly that, and a lot of the respected people on this forvm are advising against it. I doubt I'll do it again. check it out for yourself:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21835

Thanks for that link looks like i'll stay away from those then

hardworkE
11-13-08, 3:25 pm
still feeling those rack deads from tuesday...my god.

Aggression
11-13-08, 3:41 pm
still feeling those rack deads from tuesday...my god.

HaHa .. I hit those up on Friday, and I can't wait. Def be throwing 4 plates on each side for that one

Aggression
11-14-08, 9:59 am
After training legs on Wednesday, my quads are just as sore, if not more so than they were yesterday. Calves are still nice and tight too. Haven't had a legit leg workout in a while, and this feels good. Tonight's gym session will be workout 1C, which is the last rotation of DC workout 1 before I start beating the logbook; meaning on Wednesday, I'll be hitting up Flat DB bench press, trying to beat out the previous weight/reps. Tonight's probables:

Workout 1C - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back Width + Thickness:

Hammer Strength Flat Chest Press
Smith Machine Shoulder Press (BTN or front - i'll make a game-time decision)
Skull Crushers
HS 2-Arm Lat Pull-down
Rack Deadlifts <~ hands down one of my favorite exercises.

Diet has been pretty legit since last update. Still having the 2-3 meals of ground beef and barilla pasta, still having at least a serving of real gains/day, still housing the protein. I'm gonna buy a scale tomorrow for measuring food, just so I can eye up the portion size. I wanna be sure I'm getting the right amount of food and ultimately, the right amount of protein.

Aggression
11-14-08, 10:09 am
I have a problem. My problem is that I have a hard time sticking to something. Whether it be the types of food I eat, the training routine I'm doing, or the girl I'm doing (haha), I always end up trying to change things around, usually within 2 weeks. I mentioned earlier about dropping the DC for a more traditional workout, pending the decision of the bodybuilder at my gym in regards to a training partner. As far as changing around my routines, its not that I switch it up bc I don't see results in two weeks, but its bc I just genuinely get bored sometimes, and opt to switch things around. I've done the traditional 5-day split, I've tried Dorian Yates' style of training, I've done DC, I've done workout programs from books such as Arnold's Encyclopedia/Ronnie Coleman's Hardcore/Flex's H.U.G.E. And they all seemed to work in different ways, yet I never stuck with one long enough to see it's potential.

I did DC training for 3 months (12 weeks) last spring, and I only had to switch out ONE exercise. That means I either went up in weight or beat the reps with the previous weight in 29/30 of the exercises. As I sat back last night and thought it all out, I gotta say that I'd be dumb to forgo this DC training at the moment.

TheDarkHalf
11-14-08, 10:17 am
After training legs on Wednesday, my quads are just as sore, if not more so than they were yesterday. Calves are still nice and tight too. Haven't had a legit leg workout in a while, and this feels good. Tonight's gym session will be workout 1C, which is the last rotation of DC workout 1 before I start beating the logbook; meaning on Wednesday, I'll be hitting up Flat DB bench press, trying to beat out the previous weight/reps. Tonight's probables:

Workout 1C - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back Width + Thickness:

Hammer Strength Flat Chest Press
Smith Machine Shoulder Press (BTN or front - i'll make a game-time decision)
Skull Crushers
HS 2-Arm Lat Pull-down
Rack Deadlifts <~ hands down one of my favorite exercises.

Diet has been pretty legit since last update. Still having the 2-3 meals of ground beef and barilla pasta, still having at least a serving of real gains/day, still housing the protein. I'm gonna buy a scale tomorrow for measuring food, just so I can eye up the portion size. I wanna be sure I'm getting the right amount of food and ultimately, the right amount of protein.

Sounds good bro. My diet plan lately has been going pretty well - my outlook is just to eat as clean as possible, but if I ever come across free food I eat it. period.

Aggression
11-14-08, 10:20 am
I'm officially into this bulk a mere 11 days. In those 11 days of my bulking phase, I've worked out a mere 4 days. In those 11 days, I've pounded the food for ALL 11 days. I don't know if it's because I'm coming off a diet, or maybe I'm just growing, because I'm looking thicker. As I stood in the mirror last night (shut up, we all do it), I noticed my upper body was looking a lot more full than it had in previous weeks. Maybe its the supplement stack doings its job. Maybe its all the red meat I'm eating. Maybe its DC training. Whatever it is, I'm liking it. After dieting down to 183 (10.24.08), I've already climbed back up to 200lbs as per this past weekend. I'll stand on the scale tomorrow morning (If I remember .... maybe I'll set an event alarm on my phone), and I'll see where I'm at. I'm gonna say it's easily over 200. Fu*k yeah. My goal is to get to 230 before I start my diet, which means I need to gain ~30lbs in 9 months. It's gonna be a long ride, and I've never been over 215lbs in weight. But this time around, my diet is straight, my supps are stacked, and I'm doing this with a goal in mind; to bring the house down next fall on stage.

Aggression
11-14-08, 10:33 am
If you want to criticize me here, go ahead, I don't give a fu*k, because I'm just being real.

I dieted for 7 weeks, and I didn't go out and get hammered (with the exception of my birthday). I didn't stay up late and miss meals, I didn't miss a workout. Now I'm into my bulking phase, which means a little leniency. Tomorrow night, I'll be heading up to Hoboken for a birthday party for 2 of my friends. Yes, we're going to be hitting up the bar scene, and yes, I'll be having a few drinks. The thing is, I'm not a big drinker now, so alcohol isn't the problem. The thing I'm worried about is not getting my essential meals in. I'm driving up with a friend Saturday night, and I don't know when we're coming home on Sunday. So what am I going to do? What would any animal do?

I'm bringing up my gym bag. What's going to be in this gym bag? Not a change of clothes and a toothbrush (well maybe those will be in there too), but I'm throwing in a jug of Milk & Egg Protein, my EAA stack, my shaker, and most likely a meal for the morning. As everyone knows, when these celebrations happen, mostly every1 sleeps until 1pm, only to wake up and walk 2 blocks to Mcdonald's for breakfast. On the flip side, I'll be waking up earlier just to slam some EAA stack and have my first meal. Sure, if everyone wakes up later and heads to McDonalds for fast food, then I'll grab myself 2 triple cheeseburgers off the $1 menu bc hey, I'm bulking, and that'll be my 2nd meal. I'll also be taking my pak and omega in the morning, just to get those vitamins/minerals/efa's in my body asap.

Yeah, I'm gonna have fun tomorrow night, but not at the expense of missing meals and the basic essentials!

hardworkE
11-14-08, 10:56 am
If you want to criticize me here, go ahead, I don't give a fu*k, because I'm just being real.

I dieted for 7 weeks, and I didn't go out and get hammered (with the exception of my birthday). I didn't stay up late and miss meals, I didn't miss a workout. Now I'm into my bulking phase, which means a little leniency. Tomorrow night, I'll be heading up to Hoboken for a birthday party for 2 of my friends. Yes, we're going to be hitting up the bar scene, and yes, I'll be having a few drinks. The thing is, I'm not a big drinker now, so alcohol isn't the problem. The thing I'm worried about is not getting my essential meals in. I'm driving up with a friend Saturday night, and I don't know when we're coming home on Sunday. So what am I going to do? What would any animal do?

I'm bringing up my gym bag. What's going to be in this gym bag? Not a change of clothes and a toothbrush (well maybe those will be in there too), but I'm throwing in a jug of Milk & Egg Protein, my EAA stack, my shaker, and most likely a meal for the morning. As everyone knows, when these celebrations happen, mostly every1 sleeps until 1pm, only to wake up and walk 2 blocks to Mcdonald's for breakfast. On the flip side, I'll be waking up earlier just to slam some EAA stack and have my first meal. Sure, if everyone wakes up later and heads to McDonalds for fast food, then I'll grab myself 2 triple cheeseburgers off the $1 menu bc hey, I'm bulking, and that'll be my 2nd meal. I'll also be taking my pak and omega in the morning, just to get those vitamins/minerals/efa's in my body asap.

Yeah, I'm gonna have fun tomorrow night, but not at the expense of missing meals and the basic essentials!

I'm seriously conflicted about this all the time bro. Want to improve with lifting, but also want to have a social life outside of work and the gym. It's tough

Aggression
11-14-08, 11:01 am
I'm seriously conflicted about this all the time bro. Want to improve with lifting, but also want to have a social life outside of work and the gym. It's tough

Hey man, at least it's good that we'll be there together. We'll have a late night meal together, and we'll be the only 2 up in the morning having meal 1, while every1 else sleeps.

Aggression
11-14-08, 11:02 am
Hey man, at least it's good that we'll be there together. We'll have a late night meal together, and we'll be the only 2 up in the morning having meal 1, while every1 else sleeps.

While they're hitting the snooze, we'll be hittin' our stride. Fu*k yeah.

Aggression
11-17-08, 10:15 am
This weekend's workouts were intense and rough. Pushed through some good weight. Wednesday, the fun begins. Wednesday I hit up workout 1A again, which means from here on out, the logbook in the enemy. Every workout will be a battle against the numbers written in black, and against the iron that tries to break me. The workouts and their numbers will follow this post.

Also, went out and bought a scale to measure out my food. $5 at Target, can't beat that. It measures up to 16oz, which is plenty for the individual meals I'm weighing out. Tipped the scales at 202 on Saturday morning, which is what I was expecting. It's been a little over 3 weeks since I ended my diet, and I've went from 183 to 202. This time, at 202, its much better weight. So far ... so good ....

Aggression
11-17-08, 10:22 am
Friday night was workout 1C, the final rotation in DC training. Here's the numbers ..

11.14.08 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back

HS Chest Press: 275 x 9+3+2 = 14

Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 175 x 9+4+2 = 15

Skullcrushers: 90 x 7+3+2 = 12

HS Lat Pull: 225 x 8+5+5 = 18

Rack Deadlifts: 315 x 10 (easy) || 405 x 6

Stretches were done after each exercise, finished up and headed home. Solid workout. The Shock Therapy+Storm/Intra-aid combo is giving me some awesome results. I'm going full steam in my last exercise, never tiring out.

Aggression
11-17-08, 10:32 am
The final stage in DC training. After this workout, its all about the numbers ....

11.16.08 2C - Biceps/Forearms/Legs

DB Curl: 45 x 7+3+2 = 12

Hammer Curl: 45 x 7 (was on the low side, so I did a drop with 25 x 8)

LegPress Calf Raise: 225 x 10 (5c descend + 10s stretch)

Stiff-Leg Deads: 185 x 7+4+2 = 13

Hack Squat (Machine): 275 x 10 || 315 x 5

TheDarkHalf
11-17-08, 11:29 am
Lookin good man, lets see those numbers soar!

Aggression
11-17-08, 1:09 pm
I fu*ked up. It was about 1am. I'm walking the streets in the rain to meet up with every one at the bar. I'm soaked, my shirt is drenched, I'm still in high spirits. I get to the bar, ''We're at maximum capacity, you're going to have to wait a little bit''. I stand outside, in the rain, alone, waiting to meet up with every1 else inside. As I stand outside, I gaze into the bar through the window. I see my friends, and every1 else at the bar, drinking, laughing, having a good time. The window was my barrier. As I gazed around, I took notice of everyone. They all seemed to be of the same nature, the same social class. They all wore nice clothes, had their hair all done up and gelled, chugging their beers and being rewarded for it. They seemed different compared to me. It was at that moment, where I began to feel alienated. I'm not a huge guy, but if I was within that bar, among those people, I'd be easy to spot. Wide shoulders, thickness, basic clothes (nothing high-end/expensive), short/tight haircut. I began to ask myself ''Do I really belong here? Do I belong at a jam-packed bar, drinking among everyone else, trying to blend in?" I blended in when I was younger. I don't want to blend anymore. That's why I started lifting in the first place. I wanted to stand out. Well I'm gonna stand out now. I'm gonna grow for 10 months. And then, I'm gonna diet for 3 months. And then I'll stand out. O, but I won't be standing out because I had 10 shots of vodka, or because I was the fastest to funnel a beer, or because I wear the best clothes. I'll be standing out on stage. With nothing left but me, my body, and the hard earned muscle that I developed over the years. I'll be standing out when I show off what I've become, and I'll be the most satisfied one of all ......

firsthorseman97
11-17-08, 1:14 pm
I fu*ked up. It was about 1am. I'm walking the streets in the rain to meet up with every one at the bar. I'm soaked, my shirt is drenched, I'm still in high spirits. I get to the bar, ''We're at maximum capacity, you're going to have to wait a little bit''. I stand outside, in the rain, alone, waiting to meet up with every1 else inside. As I stand outside, I gaze into the bar through the window. I see my friends, and every1 else at the bar, drinking, laughing, having a good time. The window was my barrier. As I gazed around, I took notice of everyone. They all seemed to be of the same nature, the same social class. They all wore nice clothes, had their hair all done up and gelled, chugging their beers and being rewarded for it. They seemed different compared to me. It was at that moment, where I began to feel alienated. I'm not a huge guy, but if I was within that bar, among those people, I'd be easy to spot. Wide shoulders, thickness, basic clothes (nothing high-end/expensive), short/tight haircut. I began to ask myself ''Do I really belong here? Do I belong at a jam-packed bar, drinking among everyone else, trying to blend in?" I blended in when I was younger. I don't want to blend anymore. That's why I started lifting in the first place. I wanted to stand out. Well I'm gonna stand out now. I'm gonna grow for 10 months. And then, I'm gonna diet for 3 months. And then I'll stand out. O, but I won't be standing out because I had 10 shots of vodka, or because I was the fastest to funnel a beer, or because I wear the best clothes. I'll be standing out on stage. With nothing left but me, my body, and the hard earned muscle that I developed over the years. I'll be standing out when I show off what I've become, and I'll be the most satisfied one of all ......

That's deep, bro. Great post. I'm glad your eyes are open and seeing that that kind of life their living isn't all that great. You've chosen to be different, to make yourself the best you can possibly be.

Aggression
11-17-08, 2:13 pm
That's deep, bro. Great post. I'm glad your eyes are open and seeing that that kind of life their living isn't all that great. You've chosen to be different, to make yourself the best you can possibly be.

Yeah man. The deeper and more involved I get with this sport, this culture, the more alienated I feel towards the ''bar scene'' ..... but I'm ok with that. I'm FINE with that. This is where I belong. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

TheDarkHalf
11-17-08, 3:08 pm
The more I stand out at the bar, the better. I'd shoot myself if I looked like some of those people I see there. Good post.

Aggression
11-17-08, 3:19 pm
The more I stand out at the bar, the better. I'd shoot myself if I looked like some of those people I see there. Good post.

Absolutely

NPRamirez
11-17-08, 9:03 pm

I know exactly what you mean here. It's nice to know there are actually people out there that feel just how I do. To some people, being completely different is depressing and a feeling of loneliness. To me, and many of you, it's the exact opposite. It is a feeling of self achievement, sacrifice and strength, both inside and out. Before this feeling, I always felt lost, always felt like i'm just another guy floating aimlessly in this world until termination. Great post.

Aggression
11-18-08, 9:59 am
I know exactly what you mean here. It's nice to know there are actually people out there that feel just how I do. To some people, being completely different is depressing and a feeling of loneliness. To me, and many of you, it's the exact opposite. It is a feeling of self achievement, sacrifice and strength, both inside and out. Before this feeling, I always felt lost, always felt like i'm just another guy floating aimlessly in this world until termination. Great post.

I will not blend in with normal society. I refuse to be ''just like the next guy." I will not conform to another lifestyle simply because I am an outcast in certain places. Yeah, I'll go out with a few friends, shoot the sh*t, have some laughs, because I need that for the sake of my sanity. But change my lifestyle because I stand out? Fu*k that. I WANT to stand out. I want people pointing at me, I want the stares, the looks. Because it will remind me of what I've become; remind me of the separation I've instilled in myself compared to normal society. Am I mental? Why? Because I'd rather wake up unable to walk from the previous nights leg workout, instead of waking up hungover, trying to piece together the previous night? If that makes me sick in the head, then wheres my straight-jacket? I've chosen this lifestyle, it didn't chose me; I can get out if I want. But truthfully, I'm not going anywhere for a long, long time ....

TheDarkHalf
11-18-08, 11:22 am
Like a male peacock uses his feathers to attract a mate, peacocking involves using a man's clothing and adapting his behavior in an over the top and flashy manner, for the purpose of attracting women -- but not necessarily a mate.

Peacocking isn't just about being outlandish or outrageous, its about attracting attention in an appropriate manner for both individuals (the one(s) you are trying to attract and yourself) as well as for the venue (i.e. a coffee shop vs. a bar). Therefore, if wearing lots of flashy jewelry or having piercings all over your face doesn't jive with your personality, it probably won't fly. The key is to use props and accessories in a way that mirrors who you are -- but amped up in order to stand out from the crowd.

-Thought i'd post this up, it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your post yesterday.

Aggression
11-18-08, 11:48 am
Like a male peacock uses his feathers to attract a mate, peacocking involves using a man's clothing and adapting his behavior in an over the top and flashy manner, for the purpose of attracting women -- but not necessarily a mate.

Peacocking isn't just about being outlandish or outrageous, its about attracting attention in an appropriate manner for both individuals (the one(s) you are trying to attract and yourself) as well as for the venue (i.e. a coffee shop vs. a bar). Therefore, if wearing lots of flashy jewelry or having piercings all over your face doesn't jive with your personality, it probably won't fly. The key is to use props and accessories in a way that mirrors who you are -- but amped up in order to stand out from the crowd.

-Thought i'd post this up, it's the first thing that came to mind when I read your post yesterday.

So the props/accessories I use that mirrors who I am, thus making me stand out from the crowd, would be the usage of my animal flex-fit cap when I'm at a bar?

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 11:52 am
I will not blend in with normal society. I refuse to be ''just like the next guy." I will not conform to another lifestyle simply because I am an outcast in certain places. Yeah, I'll go out with a few friends, shoot the sh*t, have some laughs, because I need that for the sake of my sanity. But change my lifestyle because I stand out? Fu*k that. I WANT to stand out. I want people pointing at me, I want the stares, the looks. Because it will remind me of what I've become; remind me of the separation I've instilled in myself compared to normal society. Am I mental? Why? Because I'd rather wake up unable to walk from the previous nights leg workout, instead of waking up hungover, trying to piece together the previous night? If that makes me sick in the head, then wheres my straight-jacket? I've chosen this lifestyle, it didn't chose me; I can get out if I want. But truthfully, I'm not going anywhere for a long, long time ....

Well said. I'll have to use that leg workout soreness/hangover line with the buddies next time they call me a nutjob.

Factory
11-18-08, 11:58 am
Do I belong at a jam-packed bar, drinking among everyone else, trying to blend in?" I blended in when I was younger. I don't want to blend anymore. That's why I started lifting in the first place. I wanted to stand out. Well I'm gonna stand out now. I'm gonna grow for 10 months.

Bro I couldn't have said it better, I feel exactly the same. I used to be "one of the guys" now I just know some of them.

I don't think that darkhalf is necessarily talking about your flexfit cap persay, what he said means to me, if you're not one of the guys who belong in the bar chugging beers, don't spike your hair up, and wear gucci sunglasses at night. It works for them cause they're "that guy".

Like personally, I'm a pretty quiet guy, if I'm going out to the bar I'm goanna wear jeans, normal sneaks, a collared shirt. nothing flashy, cause I'm not a flashy person. That's just my 2c though.

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:02 pm
Bro I couldn't have said it better, I feel exactly the same. I used to be "one of the guys" now I just know some of them.

I don't think that darkhalf is necessarily talking about your flexfit cap persay, what he said means to me, if you're not one of the guys who belong in the bar chugging beers, don't spike your hair up, and wear gucci sunglasses at night. It works for them cause they're "that guy".

Like personally, I'm a pretty quiet guy, if I'm going out to the bar I'm goanna wear jeans, normal sneaks, a collared shirt. nothing flashy, cause I'm not a flashy person. That's just my 2c though.

Yeah that makes sense. I read that thing like 10 times, and each time I felt dumber and dumber as I tried to interpret the meaning haha. Yeah man, I used to do the spiked hair and tight Armani clothes (no sunglasses tho), but that's when I was big on the scene, when lifting wasn't a top priority. Now, I'm just like you: casual jeans, shoes, and a regular ass T-shirt. But I will rock my animal hat at times, depending on the place I'm going. Gotta represent.

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 12:05 pm
Represent is right. I've got my shaker cup covered in the little animal stickers you get with the Pak, Omega etc. I figure they give so much to me for free I might as well give them a little bit of advertising; Do my part.

prowrestler
11-18-08, 12:18 pm
Yeah that makes sense. I read that thing like 10 times, and each time I felt dumber and dumber as I tried to interpret the meaning haha. Yeah man, I used to do the spiked hair and tight Armani clothes (no sunglasses tho), but that's when I was big on the scene, when lifting wasn't a top priority. Now, I'm just like you: casual jeans, shoes, and a regular ass T-shirt. But I will rock my animal hat at times, depending on the place I'm going. Gotta represent.

way break through the manly side vs the metrosexual man side

TheDarkHalf
11-18-08, 12:22 pm
So the props/accessories I use that mirrors who I am, thus making me stand out from the crowd, would be the usage of my animal flex-fit cap when I'm at a bar?

Well I was eluding to the fact that those ideas (yours and my post) parallel each other. We can use our unique individuality, our bodiy, our apparel, and personality to separate ourselves from the rest of the crowd. Your props and accessories can be anything you want them to be, from something tangible to something intangible.

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:23 pm
way break through the manly side vs the metrosexual man side

Dude I still have pictures on my computer from those days. I look at them now and just shake my head in disgust haha. Rockin' a blow-out, Armani jeans and a tight Armani shirt, diesel shoes. Damn, I'm embarrassed haha.

prowrestler
11-18-08, 12:32 pm
Dude I still have pictures on my computer from those days. I look at them now and just shake my head in disgust haha. Rockin' a blow-out, Armani jeans and a tight Armani shirt, diesel shoes. Damn, I'm embarrassed haha.

you should be..ughhh

ive never went through that

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:36 pm
As far as cheat meals go, I usually eat extremely strict/clean M-R. On Friday, for lunch, I usually dip out to a fast food joint for a nice solid cheat meal. On the weekends, I still get my good meals in, with high protein, but I'll slam a bowl of ice cream here and there, or have a few slices of pizza during the day. I have the type of body where it's pretty hard to add a ton of fat. So in an effort to shovel in the calories and grow, I think a cheat meal is in order tonight ...

So far today, I've had my 5 eggs and hash browns, cooked in evoo, w/ 8oz milk, and then a Real Gains shake. Next up is 8oz ground beef with 5oz barilla pasta (30min). Around 4:30, I'll have the same exact beef/pasta meal. Between these meals, I'll throw in a few handfuls of almonds as well. Tonight after work, I'm thinking of good ol' McDonald's for 2 triple cheeseburgers, a milkshake, and maybe some chicken nuggets thrown in there ....

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:38 pm
you should be..ughhh

ive never went through that

Hey man, at least I'm past that! At one point, I just thought to myself, "WTF am I thinking?", and that was the end of it.

NPRamirez
11-18-08, 12:40 pm
Tonight after work, I'm thinking of good ol' McDonald's for 2 triple cheeseburgers, a milkshake, and maybe some chicken nuggets thrown in there ....

Ugh, dude you're killin' me. I've already had enough cheat meals this week so I can't bring myself to do this but it sounds good.

Aggression
11-18-08, 12:49 pm
Ugh, dude you're killin' me. I've already had enough cheat meals this week so I can't bring myself to do this but it sounds good.

Enough cheat meals this week already? What day do you consider the start of the week? It's only Tuesday haha

hardworkE
11-18-08, 1:05 pm
Enough cheat meals this week already? What day do you consider the start of the week? It's only Tuesday haha

I like tricking myself into thinking I am having a cheat meal...Chocolate peanut butter protein shake that tastes nearly as good as a Mickey D's shake. At least thats what I keep telling myself.

Aggression
11-18-08, 1:07 pm
I like tricking myself into thinking I am having a cheat meal...Chocolate peanut butter protein shake that tastes nearly as good as a Mickey D's shake. At least thats what I keep telling myself.

Yeah but if you're trying to add some quality mass bro, its good to throw down some sloppy foods on occasion. Compare the calories of the choc. PB shake w/ the cheat meal. I'm gonna figure that out now ......

Aggression
11-18-08, 1:13 pm

Your shake: 400cals

My McDonald's cheat meal: 1650 calories.

- o and btw, thats only for 2 double cheeseburgers. they dont have the trip. burgers on the nutrition info. so add a few more calories to the 1650 ... maybe 1800? 2000 even?

damn thats a monstrosity of calories

Aggression
11-18-08, 1:17 pm
In an effort to find out the nutrition data for the triple burgers at McDonald's, I found that they were only available up until Nov 16th. So I guess it's going to have to be 2 doubles ... or maybe 3 ...

prowrestler
11-18-08, 5:27 pm
In an effort to find out the nutrition data for the triple burgers at McDonald's, I found that they were only available up until Nov 16th. So I guess it's going to have to be 2 doubles ... or maybe 3 ...

they make extra burgers for a fee. i seen an 8 patty burger b4

Firedrake
11-18-08, 6:59 pm
they make extra burgers for a fee. i seen an 8 patty burger b4

Here in California there's a chain called "In-n-Out" which offers something called a "4x4" with four slices of cheese and four patties. You can order it "Protein style" just wrapped in a lettuce leaf, and "Animal Style" which is with grilled onions. I feel one of those coming up for a cheat meal. Maybe next week -- this Saturday, YokdUp and I are probably going to go destroy a Chinese buffet.

Aggression
11-19-08, 9:33 am
Here in California there's a chain called "In-n-Out" which offers something called a "4x4" with four slices of cheese and four patties. You can order it "Protein style" just wrapped in a lettuce leaf, and "Animal Style" which is with grilled onions. I feel one of those coming up for a cheat meal. Maybe next week -- this Saturday, YokdUp and I are probably going to go destroy a Chinese buffet.

Ah yeah, I remember watching Cutler's latest DVD, and he went to an In-n-Out burger and ordered something along those lines. Yeah we don't have them here on the East coast; at least I don't think we do. But we certainly have Chinese Buffets, and you can't go wrong with them.

diesel1976
11-19-08, 9:40 am

Like in the Big Lebowski. lol

Factory
11-19-08, 10:00 am

mmmmmmmmmmm......

Aggression
11-19-08, 10:07 am
I posted a topic yesterday about how I occasionally feel alienated when I go out on weekends to certain bars and clubs. But in my life, being alienated runs deeper than the random people at bars; it hits a lot closer to home: my close friends. Some of my friends support what I do. They encourage me to get bigger, to compete. They don't bother me when I say 'I don't want to drink tonight', or 'I don't want to a cigarette' (yeah, I used to be a social cigarette smoker; only when I drank). On the other side of the spectrum, I have a few friends who never give up. One friend, it gets to the point where I just want to beat the sh*t out of him. He's a genuine guy, and will always be there for me, so I deal with it. He's just a big-time ball breaker to everyone, not just me. It is what it is .....

Aggression
11-19-08, 10:36 am
This guy is of similar age and height, yet weighs a solid 230. With no regard to nutrition, rest, or supplementation, he's a mule in the gym. Sure, I might have a better physique than him, but to see this kid, and see what he's eating and how he's training, its utterly frustrating. I see this dude as someone who, with the correct diet and training, can become a fu*king monster. At a very solid 230, he eats whatever he wants, whether it be pizza, cookies, donuts, chicken, cereal, whatever. I have to bust my balls for every pound I add on. He can gain and lost 15 pounds as he wishes. He's the typical ''I look at a dumbbell and grow'' kind of guy. Ball-breaking usually concerns my food and my diet, with cracks about how strict I eat, compared to how sloppy he eats, and how he's still bigger/stronger than I am. I tell him I don't want to drink tonight, or I don't want that slice of pizza at 4am. He'll reply with, ''OK, I'll have 2 slices after I'm drunk, and still lift more than you''. The frustrating part is that it's true. This dude is a naturally strong motherfu*ker.

I do have a better physique than he does. I'm more of a 'bodybuilder' look overall, which is all I'm concerned about. But it's just frustrating when you have a friend who is careless with training and diet, yet he can walk into the gym and make you feel like a 10-year old pre-pubescent girl in terms of strength.

I'm just venting a bit ....

TheDarkHalf
11-19-08, 10:39 am
It happens. There is absolutely no way I could ever move back home, I'd risk falling into my old grove with my old set of friends. I still hang out with them when I visit home, but I still start slipping back into the old ways even when I am around them for just a week. Times change and people change along with it.

Follow your heart and keep walking your own path - you'll never have any regrets.

Factory
11-19-08, 10:39 am
I posted a topic yesterday about how I occasionally feel alienated when I go out on weekends to certain bars and clubs. But in my life, being alienated runs deeper than the random people at bars; it hits a lot closer to home: my close friends. Some of my friends support what I do. They encourage me to get bigger, to compete. They don't bother me when I say 'I don't want to drink tonight', or 'I don't want to a cigarette' (yeah, I used to be a social cigarette smoker; only when I drank). On the other side of the spectrum, I have a few friends who never give up. One friend, it gets to the point where I just want to beat the sh*t out of him. He's a genuine guy, and will always be there for me, so I deal with it. He's just a big-time ball breaker to everyone, not just me. It is what it is .....

Your friend sounds like an asshole, no disrespect. I don't have any friends like that, life's too short. The other day I was talking to a girl I don't really know who wants a relationship and shit, I told her straight up that I'm not your average guy, and my lifestyle is going to come before a lot. If people arent cool with your lifestyle, fuck em. just my opinion, not trying to be an ass

Aggression
11-19-08, 10:55 am
Your friend sounds like an asshole, no disrespect. I don't have any friends like that, life's too short. The other day I was talking to a girl I don't really know who wants a relationship and shit, I told her straight up that I'm not your average guy, and my lifestyle is going to come before a lot. If people arent cool with your lifestyle, fuck em. just my opinion, not trying to be an ass

Absolutely bro. You're right, he's an asshole. But knowing him for so long, I, along with the rest of my friends, are used to it. Other people's first impressions, like yours, is exactly that: asshole. But, I'm used to it. Sure it may get aggravating at times, but all in all, he's a good guy, just a big ball breaker. Like I said, he's there for me when I need him, and deep down he's a caring and good dude. I told him recently that I'm serious about this lifestyle, and that all the comments do not help. Since then, he's backed off a lot, because now he realizes that its more than just a hobby to me.

Aggression
11-19-08, 10:57 am
The other day I was talking to a girl I don't really know who wants a relationship and shit, I told her straight up that I'm not your average guy, and my lifestyle is going to come before a lot.

That's the way it HAS to be done brother. Otherwise, you run into problems down the road. Tell them right up front, that way, they have no one to blame but themselves when they get annoyed at the lifestyle we live.

Enforcer
11-19-08, 11:01 am

Poor A, he doesn't fit in at Surf Club Sundays...ahahahahahahahaha

Aggression
11-19-08, 11:08 am
Poor A, he doesn't fit in at Surf Club Sundays...ahahahahahahahaha

ahhh Surf Club Sundays .. that takes me back hahahahahhaa

More like fist-pumpin' to techno beats at da Bamboo!! ( no ... I'm kidding )

Aggression
11-19-08, 12:02 pm
6:20 am - My alarm goes off, time to get up for work. I get outta bed, throw on some sweats and a hoodie (its cold in the mornings at my house), and make my way into the kitchen. The coffee is ready, and I pour myself a cup while I turn the stove on. I coat the bottom of the pan in evoo and throw on my hash browns to start cooking. As my hash browns are heating up, I throw 5 whole eggs into a bowl and mix them up, then throw them into the pan, along with some pepper, and a slice of cheese. I eat breakfast and watch some sportscenter. I throw down my Pak and Omega with 8oz milk and then I'm in the shower and off to work. If today is an off day, I'll drink my Storm/EAA stack on the way up to work.

10:00 am - Been at work for an hour, taking care of business as usual. Time to slam a Real Gains shake. 600+ calories down the hatch. Quality proteins and carbs.

1:00 pm - Time for lunch. I throw my 8oz ground beef/5oz barilla pasta into the microwave for 3:15s on 60% power so the meat doesn't dry out. Down the hatch.

4:30 pm - Time for another meal. I throw the same meal as before into the micro. 8oz beef and 5oz pasta. Again, down the hatch. Afterward, I organize my shit, finish up and head out the door for home.

7:00 pm - Time for dinner. I eat 8oz of w/e meat is on the menu for dinner, along with some green veggies and maybe some healthy fats. I also take this time to throw a serving of EAA stack into my gallon jug, which has about 1/4 left now ..

7:45 pm - On training days, this is where I'll gather my shits and wits together for my upcoming workout. Shock Therapy down the hatch. As soon as that's done, I fill it back up with 20oz water and add 1 scoop Intra-Aid + 1 scoop Storm. Mix that up and throw it in the gym bag. I grab my second shaker cup, fill it up with 20oz water, add 3 scoops Green Apple Torrent, and throw that into the gym bag. I'll watch youtube vids of bodybuilding shit, or I throw in a DVD and set the tone, then its off to the gym ....

10:00 pm - On non-workout days, this is where I'll have something along the lines of 1 cup cottage cheese w/ some natural peanut butter. On training days, I'll have downed by Torrent and Nitro already, and I'll be eating a legit meal to serve as my final meal before bed.

~11:15 pm - Non-workout days, I'll slam down a Milk&Egg shake with a melatonin and a pak of Flex, and then its off to bed ....

Tomorrow I'll post my 'day in the life: gym session' - from tonight's workout

pmug0000
11-19-08, 2:32 pm
You've got a good thread going here man I'm in.

Aggression
11-19-08, 3:18 pm
You've got a good thread going here man I'm in.

Thanks man. Keep checking in. Since I only lift 3 days a week, I fill up the other days worth of posts with a glimpse into the mind of Aggression (reader discretion advised)

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:05 am
I got home from work last night, had a meal, waited 25min, had some Shock Therapy, got my essentials ready for the gym and headed off. As my 5min drive to the started, a song came over the radio that got me pumped up. It was Creed - Higher. Now it's not a hardcore, in your face, metal-rock song, yet it gets me pumped because of the emotion in the song. I got to the gym, grabbed my gym bagged and headed in.

I got to the gym and settled in while gathering my wits and shits for the upcoming workout. I've been toying with a certain idea in my head for a few days now, and I was going to make a game-time decision. As game-time arrived, I made the decision. Today was going to be chest and biceps. If you've been following this thread, you'll notice that this is not DC style training. Yeah, as mentioned earlier, I decided to train differently. I'll explain why after I post my embarrassing numbers, yet, they're still numbers.

Chest:
Incline Barbell: 135x15 || 135x10 || 185x10 || 205x4 || 135x10
Flat DB Fly: 30x12 || 35x10 || 40x10 || 45x8
Decline Barbell: 135x15 || 185x8 || 185x8
Incline DB Fly: 30x10 || 40x10 || 45x8

Biceps:
EZ-Bar Curls: Barx15 || 45x12 || 75x10 || 95x10 || 95x8
Preacher bench Conc. Curl: 30x8 || 30x8 || 30x5

+ 4 sets of Seated Calf Raises; working up to 135 (3 45's) for 10reps nice and slow w/ pause at bottom.

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:19 am
Does Doggcrapp training really work? From experience, yes, it does. So why did I decide to forgo DC training for a more classical approach to weightlifting?

I'll start out by telling you that I'm real on the forvm. I don't bullshit anyone. I don't add extra poundage or repetitions to my sets to make me seem stronger than I really am. I don't tell people I'm 20 pounds heavier than I am in reality. I weight about 202 right now, and all my stats are 100% accurate. And I live to bodybuild. The stories I write, the parts of my life I share with you people are all 100% true. I told everyone I was going to eat a meal at that party on Saturday. And when I didn't do it, what'd I do? I came on here and said 'I fucked up.' Plain and simple.

When you're as serious about this as I am, and most of you for that matter, you have to enjoy what you're doing. I don't really enjoy DC training. The system works, but its exactly that: a system. I'd rather go into the gym and say, "O.K., today is chest, what am I going to do in the gym....." I like moving from incline barbell presses to flat db presses. I like finishing up my chest workout with cables, and I like throwing in side/rear raises for my delts. And I love shrugs. Why do something if you don't enjoy it?

I went in the gym last night and worked out my chest and arms. One negative thing about doing DC training, I will say, is the fact that your endurance levels are extremely low. Take incline press for example. When I was dieting, weighing 183, I was able to put up 225 for 8. Last night, on my 4th set, I struggled with 4 reps of 205lbs, merely because I'm only used to 1 set per workout, and this was set 4. After a 2 week layoff, then 2 weeks of DC training with 1 set/body part, my ability to keep doing sets/reps was severely hindered. Another reason? I'm a gym rat. I love being there. Only working out 3 days a week didn't suit me. Does DC training work? Absolutely. But I want to enjoy my time in the gym, and personally, I don't see anything wrong with that .....

Factory
11-20-08, 10:23 am
nothing embarassing about that w.o. bro, and that's one of the reasons I just have a general guideline to my lifts, you get to do what you feel like doing, and your not cheating yourself if you don't do why some other guy said. 3 days a week is tough man, I like your mentality behind the switch off of DC- it matches my exact sentiments to pretty much any "system" for lifting.

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:25 am
Another good thing for you followers is that you won't have to wait a few days for the numbers following workouts. I don't post on the weekends, so usually I post up my numbers on Thursday (from wed. workout) and then Monday I come in and post the numbers from my workouts on Friday night/Sunday. Now I'll pretty much be posting on a daily basis. Last night was Chest/Biceps. Tonight I'm hitting delts w/ some triceps. Tomorrow will be legs or back, not sure, and so on. I'm not sure how my split will go ... I'll figure that out within the next few days or so. But whatever the split is; I'll be happy doing it .....

NPRamirez
11-20-08, 10:30 am
Does Doggcrapp training really work? From experience, yes, it does. So why did I decide to forgo DC training for a more classical approach to weightlifting?

I'll start out by telling you that I'm real on the forvm. I don't bullshit anyone. I don't add extra poundage or repetitions to my sets to make me seem stronger than I really am. I don't tell people I'm 20 pounds heavier than I am in reality. I weight about 202 right now, and all my stats are 100% accurate. And I live to bodybuild. The stories I write, the parts of my life I share with you people are all 100% true. I told everyone I was going to eat a meal at that party on Saturday. And when I didn't do it, what'd I do? I came on here and said 'I fucked up.' Plain and simple.

When you're as serious about this as I am, and most of you for that matter, you have to enjoy what you're doing. I don't really enjoy DC training. The system works, but its exactly that: a system. I'd rather go into the gym and say, "O.K., today is chest, what am I going to do in the gym....." I like moving from incline barbell presses to flat db presses. I like finishing up my chest workout with cables, and I like throwing in side/rear raises for my delts. And I love shrugs. Why do something if you don't enjoy it?

I went in the gym last night and worked out my chest and arms. One negative thing about doing DC training, I will say, is the fact that your endurance levels are extremely low. Take incline press for example. When I was dieting, weighing 183, I was able to put up 225 for 8. Last night, on my 4th set, I struggled with 4 reps of 205lbs, merely because I'm only used to 1 set per workout, and this was set 4. After a 2 week layoff, then 2 weeks of DC training with 1 set/body part, my ability to keep doing sets/reps was severely hindered. Another reason? I'm a gym rat. I love being there. Only working out 3 days a week didn't suit me. Does DC training work? Absolutely. But I want to enjoy my time in the gym, and personally, I don't see anything wrong with that .....

Very real stuff, man. I just started out my journey and I knew that very soon i'm going to be logging my lifts, sets, weights and reps. I know i'm not a giant so my lifts are not impressive. I thought it might be hard to put down the exact weights but right away I shut that thought down. Mainly because I know if I can be honest to anyone, anywhere and not be judged, it's right here.

TheDarkHalf
11-20-08, 10:30 am
Good shit bro, time to get it done son

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:34 am
Very real stuff, man. I just started out my journey and I knew that very soon i'm going to be logging my lifts, sets, weights and reps. I know i'm not a giant so my lifts are not impressive. I thought it might be hard to put down the exact weights but right away I shut that thought down. Mainly because I know if I can be honest to anyone, anywhere and not be judged, it's right here.

There are thousands of people on this forvm, of all shapes/sizes/weights. Some are strong as hell, others are just starting out. If you're posting enhanced numbers, you're lying to yourself as well as everyone here. That's not going to make you any better bro. It gives a false sense of pride. Good job at shutting that thought down. The results are more rewarding when you look back and notice that you've increased the weights/reps by Xlbs or Xreps, and the numbers are REAL.

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:34 am
Good shit bro, time to get it done son

Yes sir. Time to get dirty ...

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:38 am
I'm also making a slight switch to my diet regime.

Meals 1-4 will be the same. 3 whole food meals plus 1 Real Gains

Meal 5, which is usually a whole food meal will now be another Real Gains shake.

The Real Gains will be taken around 7pm, then I'll be having ST about 30-35min later and heading to the gym around 7:45. Afterwards, I'll wash down my Nitro with a serving of Torrent. About an hour later, I'll have a whole food meal; with that meal being my last before bed.

All in all, its 4 whole food meals, 2 Real Gains, and 1 Torrent.

pmug0000
11-20-08, 10:46 am
Solid chest w.o.

All those reasons you stated for not liking DC are the exact same reasons that have kept me from trying it out. I like to have more 'freedom' when I'm working out rather than follow a strict program like I'm reading instructions.
But I still add in things like rest-pause and DC stretching to my workouts even though I don't follow the DC program, that way I feel like I can get the best of both worlds.

Aggression
11-20-08, 10:48 am
Solid chest w.o.

All those reasons you stated for not liking DC are the exact same reasons that have kept me from trying it out. I like to have more 'freedom' when I'm working out rather than follow a strict program like I'm reading instructions.
But I still add in things like rest-pause and DC stretching to my workouts even though I don't follow the DC program, that way I feel like I can get the best of both worlds.

Its a great program, but like I said, I'm not big on 'programs' or 'systems'.

firsthorseman97
11-20-08, 10:56 am

Awesome post! That was my experience with DC to a Tee. I made some great size gains but like you said, endurance was low. DC can definitely take the fun out of it and the creativity. We all appreciate the honesty. Keep up the hard work!

Firedrake
11-20-08, 6:05 pm

I sympathize. I have friends I've known for years that don't understand why I'm working so hard in the gym since the doctor turned me loose to do it, much less why I'm being so strict about my diet. Even my regular doctor seemed startled that I'm making such rapid progress since I've been back in the gym, both on weight loss and blood sugar numbers (I'm down to normal blood sugar since having been diagnosed as diabetic right after last year's back surgery).

Let's face it. I'm 54. I don't have a single close friend who's not a member of the Forum who works out, at all. Certainly none of my contemporaries do. The only one even close is my tattoo artist, who I've known for 20+ years, who's 45, who's a kendoka and fencer. He used to want to be a bodybuilder but decided he couldn't manage to do ALL the things he wanted to, so that fell by the wayside. I cannot explain to most of my friends how much better hitting the weights makes me feel, or why I want to try and put on serious muscle mass at my age.

In some ways, weightlifting/bodybulding/powerlifting is a lonely sport; everything we do we have to do on our own, with no one to lean on. For most of us, this is a good thing, because we're all too used to having less-powerful/skilled/talented teammates lean on us. There's a fine solitude to be found when it's just you and the iron -- even when you have a training partner, he can't make the lift for you! (I'm not so sure about said solitude when grinding out the cardio <grin>)

When that ball-busting friend of yours gets on your nerves, just look at him pityingly and say "It's an Animal thing; you wouldn't understand . . ." (y'know, maybe that should be a t-shirt . . .)

Aggression
11-21-08, 9:21 am
When that ball-busting friend of yours gets on your nerves, just look at him pityingly and say "It's an Animal thing; you wouldn't understand . . ." (y'know, maybe that should be a t-shirt . . .)

I like that idea. A shirt that says ''brotherhood'' or something along those lines incorporated with the animal theme. That's all it is; he doesn't understand why I do it, and it's not really his fault. Bodybuilding is something he's just not into. It is what it is.

Like I said earlier, he's gotten better. Once I said I wanted to start competing next fall, he realized that its more than just a hobby to me.

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:23 am
Headed into the gym with more focus than usual. After a 2 week layoff of supplements, my body is soaking everything up like a sponge. I'll tell you what, the absolute best 'stack' I've ever used is:

Shock Therapy - 25min pre-workout
Intra-Aid/Storm - During workout
Nitro/Torrent - post workout.

When I'm in the gym, I feel immortal. This Intra-Aid is definitely worth the purchase. I've had ST before and its a great product; but as far as endurance in the gym, Intra-Aid is king! Get this shit now!!

Anyway, last night I hit shoulders and triceps and man, I felt like a beast-monster in the gym. Weights weren't where I wanted them to be; I'm still weaker from the 1-rep scheme. So all the weights are below that of what I was pushing during my cutting diet, but they'll climb back up and beyond real soon. Here's the numbers. Short and sweet. Pounded the heavy weights and headed home ...

Shoulders:

Seated DB Press: 40 x 15 .. 65 x 10 .. 75 x 10 .. 85 x 5 .. 85 x 4
Side Raises: 25 x 12 .. 35 x 8 .. 20 x 10 (drop set)
Smith Machine Shrugs:
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 8
-- triple drop set w/ 315 x 8 .. 225 x 6 .. 135 x 10

Triceps:
Push downs: 1 x 25
Skull crushers: 75 x 10 .. 85 x 6 .. 85 x 4
Dips: BW x 10 .. +25 x 10 .. +45 x 10
Push downs: 3 x 8-12

ABs:
Lying Leg Raises: 75 reps

Factory
11-21-08, 10:31 am
how much you looking to weigh when you hit the stage? It's good that you took the high road and told em how you feel, it usually makes things less annoying, I do it with all my friends.

Strong shoulders & tris day, those are some killer shrugs!

I got shoulders today, goanna try and pound it like you did bro.

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:40 am
how much you looking to weigh when you hit the stage? It's good that you took the high road and told em how you feel, it usually makes things less annoying, I do it with all my friends.

Strong shoulders & tris day, those are some killer shrugs!

I got shoulders today, goanna try and pound it like you did bro.

Honestly, weight isn't a concern. I'm going to continuously bulk until August 1st. I'd prefer to get up to the 230-240 mark, but I've never been anything over 215. Only difference this time is my diet is totally in check, and I'm training with more focus/intensity bc I have that goal in mind. If I can get up to 235, I'll prob cut down to anywhere between 190-205? I don't know, that's far away from now.

And yeah, I've been blessed with shoulders. It's bitter-sweet though. Because my shoulders are so strong/big, they overpower my chest exercises (hence my small chest). I'm throwing in pre-exhaust on chest to off-set that. I have to throw up 95's on shoulder press. Highest I've gone was 90's for 6 ....

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:44 am
My chest and shoulders are sore as a bitch right now. I have legs on the menu tonight. That way, it'll give my upper body some time to rest before working my back on Saturday. HaHa, legs on a Friday night ..... Anyone wanna guess the odds that I'll be the ONLY one in the gym training legs on a Friday night???

Everyone else will be doing their chest/arm workouts so they look big when they hit up the club later on .....

Factory
11-21-08, 10:44 am
Honestly, weight isn't a concern. I'm going to continuously bulk until August 1st. I'd prefer to get up to the 230-240 mark, but I've never been anything over 215. Only difference this time is my diet is totally in check, and I'm training with more focus/intensity bc I have that goal in mind. If I can get up to 235, I'll prob cut down to anywhere between 190-205? I don't know, that's far away from now.

And yeah, I've been blessed with shoulders. It's bitter-sweet though. Because my shoulders are so strong/big, they overpower my chest exercises (hence my small chest). I'm throwing in pre-exhaust on chest to off-set that. I have to throw up 95's on shoulder press. Highest I've gone was 90's for 6 ....

Big shoulders help your V and can help you dwarf a larger person.

230-240???? woah man, that's a big dude! I hope you get there, I'm kinda doing the same thing, except I don't have an upcoming comp, or a date that I need to stop bulking.
Hopefully we can feed off eachothers bulks haha. speaking of which, I need to eat again...

pmug0000
11-21-08, 10:48 am
Good workout man, strong shoulder pressing.

Aggression
11-21-08, 10:53 am
Big shoulders help your V and can help you dwarf a larger person.

230-240???? woah man, that's a big dude! I hope you get there, I'm kinda doing the same thing, except I don't have an upcoming comp, or a date that I need to stop bulking.
Hopefully we can feed off eachothers bulks haha. speaking of which, I need to eat again...

HaHa, I just finished a Real Gains w/ EAA stack thrown in there ...

Yeah my shoulders are big for my body (not tooting my own horn here). It makes it tough for my chest/arms to look presentable. They both have good size, but since my shoulders are huge, it gives the illusion that my chest/arms are small. I just see it like this: When I step on stage to do a most muscular, my delts will blow away my competitors.

Yeah bro, lets get this shit done together ....

hardworkE
11-21-08, 12:05 pm
Everyone else will be doing their chest/arm workouts so they look big when they hit up the club later on .....

Arm day...but I won't be partaking in the bar/club scene tonight.

Aggression
11-21-08, 12:06 pm
Arm day...but I won't be partaking in the bar/club scene tonight.

dude, if you were doing chest/arms, I wouldn't knock you at all bro. I know you're legit. I'm talking about the 'other' people out there haha. Your coming back for Thanksgiving right?

hardworkE
11-21-08, 1:46 pm
dude, if you were doing chest/arms, I wouldn't knock you at all bro. I know you're legit. I'm talking about the 'other' people out there haha. Your coming back for Thanksgiving right?

Wednesday night I'll be back for a nice T-giving weekend. Only gonna be home Thurs/Fri evening. Are you hitting the gym that Friday by any chance?

Aggression
11-21-08, 1:54 pm
Wednesday night I'll be back for a nice T-giving weekend. Only gonna be home Thurs/Fri evening. Are you hitting the gym that Friday by any chance?

Yeah, I'll def be hitting the gym next Friday. Lemme know if you wanna meet up for a nice little session.

Aggression
11-21-08, 3:15 pm
Something odd has been happening over the past few weeks. When I was nearing the end of my diet, my gym was full of committed people, both men and women. There were some big men, and some great looking women. There were also some weekend warriors and posers, and that's fine. I left the gym for 2 weeks to rest and recover, and yearned to get back as soon as possible.

Since I've been going back at the gym, going on 3 weeks now, it seems as if a new wave of people have come rushing in, and all the old regulars has somehow vanished. Sure, the one guy I look up to (wont say which class, but he took 2nd in his class at the eastern usa's), he's still around, getting back into heavy training mode. But there were a few guys around my age who used to consistently be there to lift, to help motivate, to give you a spot, etc. I go in there now, and it seems as if I'm the odd man out. I feel like I'm back in the college days, when I used to return to my home gym during winter and spring breaks, no recognizing anyone.

What the hell ...

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 11:32 am
Something odd has been happening over the past few weeks. When I was nearing the end of my diet, my gym was full of committed people, both men and women. There were some big men, and some great looking women. There were also some weekend warriors and posers, and that's fine. I left the gym for 2 weeks to rest and recover, and yearned to get back as soon as possible.

Since I've been going back at the gym, going on 3 weeks now, it seems as if a new wave of people have come rushing in, and all the old regulars has somehow vanished. Sure, the one guy I look up to (wont say which class, but he took 2nd in his class at the eastern usa's), he's still around, getting back into heavy training mode. But there were a few guys around my age who used to consistently be there to lift, to help motivate, to give you a spot, etc. I go in there now, and it seems as if I'm the odd man out. I feel like I'm back in the college days, when I used to return to my home gym during winter and spring breaks, no recognizing anyone.

What the hell ...

They could all be taking a break? Or maybe they decided to move weight training down on the priority list. Stay among the strong and let the rest weed out.

Aggression
11-24-08, 10:21 am
They could all be taking a break? Or maybe they decided to move weight training down on the priority list. Stay among the strong and let the rest weed out.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about it. It's just weird. As the seasons change, so do the people who frequent the gym. Seems to be some new blood in there nowadays though, which is nice.

Aggression
11-24-08, 10:31 am
This weekend went well. On the plus side of things, I wasn't trapped up in Hoboken haha. I hit the gym up Friday night after work, and yes, as assumed, I was in fact the only person in the gym doing legs. Most people were hitting arms and chest, but me, I was training legs, and it was an awesome workout. That night, I hung in and relaxed. I got back from the gym around 9pm, and decided to just rest for the night and hang out. Chilled with my dog for a bit, and enjoyed a nice quiet night, along with a good night's sleep. Saturday was good. Took care of some shit that needed to be taken care of. Then I hit the gym-midday for a nice back attack. Drank my Torrent on the way home and then went to my former place of work for a nice cheat meal and some college football viewing. Sunday was a great day to relax. Had a few good hearty meals, got to play Call of Duty: World at War for the first time, watched the Giants run house AGAIN (btw, we did work on arizona WITHOUT jacobs and buress, c'mon now, the G-men are DEEP bro. Hixon stepped up nicely. And how about my boy hedgecock?!? getting himself a nice lil' TD. but wtf was up with that td celebration?? u can tell that dude never scored a TD). Damn, we're 10-1. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I'm pumped about them G-men though. The rest of the night was nice and easy, just the way I like it.

TheDarkHalf
11-24-08, 11:02 am
This weekend went well. On the plus side of things, I wasn't trapped up in Hoboken haha. I hit the gym up Friday night after work, and yes, as assumed, I was in fact the only person in the gym doing legs. Most people were hitting arms and chest, but me, I was training legs, and it was an awesome workout. That night, I hung in and relaxed. I got back from the gym around 9pm, and decided to just rest for the night and hang out. Chilled with my dog for a bit, and enjoyed a nice quiet night, along with a good night's sleep. Saturday was good. Took care of some shit that needed to be taken care of. Then I hit the gym-midday for a nice back attack. Drank my Torrent on the way home and then went to my former place of work for a nice cheat meal and some college football viewing. Sunday was a great day to relax. Had a few good hearty meals, got to play Call of Duty: World at War for the first time, watched the Giants run house AGAIN (btw, we did work on arizona WITHOUT jacobs and buress, c'mon now, the G-men are DEEP bro. Hixon stepped up nicely. And how about my boy hedgecock?!? getting himself a nice lil' TD. but wtf was up with that td celebration?? u can tell that dude never scored a TD). Damn, we're 10-1. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I'm pumped about them G-men though. The rest of the night was nice and easy, just the way I like it.

Go Cowboys!

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:03 am
Hit the gym with less intensity than usual. Reason being: Before doing squats the previous week, I had not done them consistently, or at all for that matter. So going into Friday night's workout, I was a little down on myself, knowing I wasn't going to hit my usual numbers, but the show must go on ....

Took my usual pre-workout ST and mixed up my Intra-Aid/Storm combo and headed off to the gym. For legs, I like to do a 5min warm up on a bike to get the blood flowing and loosen everything up. After a 5min session, I headed over to the leg extensions and started my leg workout ....

Legs:

5min warm up on bike

Leg Ext: 1 x 25 (light weight/25rep set to get the quads going)
Squats: 135 x 12 .. 135 x 5 .. 185 x 10 .. 225 x 8 .. 275 x 2 .. 135 x 5
Leg Press: 4 x 8-12 (final set: 6pps x 8)
Lying Leg Curl: 4 x 8-12 (final set: 160 x 8)

Stretched after (DC style), then hopped on the bike for a 10min cool down and headed home.

Side notes: Squat weight was satisfactory. Not what I'm used to, but definitely in the right direction. After the 225 x 8, I had to throw the 25's on. I'm not one for 2 rep sets, but I just had to throw on 275 for my own personal satisfaction. The last set (135x5) was done just to get extra blood in there. Afterwards, as I walked to the Leg Press, I had one of the biggest pumps in my legs. They were swole.

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:12 am
Go Cowboys!

HaHa, I won't touch that ...

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:25 am
Hit the gym in the evening on Saturday. Got a few good meals in me and hit it hard. My back is still sore from the workout.

Back:
Wide-Grip Chins: 4 x 8-12
Lat Pull downs: 4 x 6-12
Bent Rows: 4 x 8-12 (final set: 205 x 8)
1 Arm DB Rows: 3 x 8-10 (final set: 110 x 8)
Close Grip Pull down: 3 x 10
Weighted Hyper Extension: 3 x 10 (+25lb)

Forearms:
Standing Rev. Barbell Curls
-- superset w/ --
Seated DB wrist curls: 3 x 10

Notes: Stayed away from Deads because of the Squats the night before. Back felt great; really felt the muscle working.

Aggression
11-24-08, 11:41 am
Today I'm ready to hit chest. Last week, I hit Chest/Biceps on Wednesday and it was solid. Today, I'm just going to hit Chest. My biceps are surprisingly sore from doing back on Saturday. So today will just be chest. No sense in hitting biceps while they're still trying to recover. Chest and calves tonight ....

hardworkE
11-24-08, 12:35 pm
Let's rock back on Friday

Aggression
11-24-08, 12:47 pm
Let's rock back on Friday

Sounds good. RACK DEADS?!??

Aggression
11-24-08, 12:51 pm
So as most of you know, my daily diet has been the same M-R. Well, I must be growing, bc the 8oz ground beef and 5oz pasta just ain't cutting it anymore. I finish off that meal and I'm still looking for more. This week, I'm adding in an extra ounce of pasta in those two meals, and I'll take it from there. If a few days go by and I'm still looking for more, then I'll throw 4 scoops of Real Gains into the shaker instead of the 3.5. As days go by, food intake increases, and with increased food intake, increased gains will come.

hardworkE
11-24-08, 1:22 pm
Sounds good. RACK DEADS?!??

You know we're throwing down with some rack deads...

G Diesel
11-24-08, 2:04 pm
I'll be following your journey bro... Good to see another young, hungry Jersey homeboy go for his. Peace, G

Aggression
11-24-08, 2:05 pm
You know we're throwing down with some rack deads...

Awesome. Sounds good bro. I'm ready.

hardworkE
11-24-08, 4:10 pm
You're right, shoulders with a partner would be better than back. Lets switch it up...I'll hit chest today instead.

Aggression
11-24-08, 4:14 pm
You're right, shoulders with a partner would be better than back. Lets switch it up...I'll hit chest today instead.

That decision made me a happy man haha. I'll be primed for shoulders on Friday. Fuck yeah.

TheDarkHalf
11-24-08, 4:40 pm
HaHa, I won't touch that ...

Haha yea you guys are going to end up taking the division and conference - cowboys will end up as a wildcard (hopefully).

My Superbowl prediction is Giants/Jets - but here's an interesting thought...what happens if they both end up having to host the championship game(s) for their respective conference (they share the same field don't they?).

Workouts are looking solid brother keep it movin.

Aggression
11-24-08, 4:42 pm
My Superbowl prediction is Giants/Jets - but here's an interesting thought...what happens if they both end up having to host the championship game (they share the same field).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Super Bowl this year will be held in Tampa. Giants/Jets will be awesome, but I don't think we'll see the Jets get that far. I hope they do, but the odds are stacked against them (even though they beat the Titans)

NPRamirez
11-24-08, 6:15 pm
Hit the gym in the evening on Saturday. Got a few good meals in me and hit it hard. My back is still sore from the workout.

Back:
Wide-Grip Chins: 4 x 8-12
Lat Pull downs: 4 x 6-12
Bent Rows: 4 x 8-12 (final set: 205 x 8)
1 Arm DB Rows: 3 x 8-10 (final set: 110 x 8)
Close Grip Pull down: 3 x 10
Weighted Hyper Extension: 3 x 10 (+25lb)

Forearms:
Standing Rev. Barbell Curls
-- superset w/ --
Seated DB wrist curls: 3 x 10

Notes: Stayed away from Deads because of the Squats the night before. Back felt great; really felt the muscle working.

Nice workout. I like your back workout, it's very similar to mine. Your forearm workout got me thinking that I really need to incorporate more forearm workouts in my week. Are those the workouts that work best for you? How about some other good ones to try out? ps- I have not worked my forearms too much. Most exercises i've tried KILL my wrists because I'm fairly small-jointed.

NPRamirez
11-24-08, 6:16 pm
So as most of you know, my daily diet has been the same M-R. Well, I must be growing, bc the 8oz ground beef and 5oz pasta just ain't cutting it anymore. I finish off that meal and I'm still looking for more. This week, I'm adding in an extra ounce of pasta in those two meals, and I'll take it from there. If a few days go by and I'm still looking for more, then I'll throw 4 scoops of Real Gains into the shaker instead of the 3.5. As days go by, food intake increases, and with increased food intake, increased gains will come.

Baby steps, bro. Sounds perfect. Do you weigh your food or just estimating the amounts?

Aggression
11-24-08, 9:59 pm
Nice workout. I like your back workout, it's very similar to mine. Your forearm workout got me thinking that I really need to incorporate more forearm workouts in my week. Are those the workouts that work best for you? How about some other good ones to try out? ps- I have not worked my forearms too much. Most exercises i've tried KILL my wrists because I'm fairly small-jointed.

For forearms? I like throwing in a 3 set superset with those movements. I found an article on this site that said to try those 2 moves in a superset. You get a huge pump going on, espsecially if you throw it in after your back workout, or even an arm workout. I usually throw that workout in, or somethign very similar, at least once a week, maybe twice, depending upon how my routine goes for that week.

Standing reverse barbell curls do the job without ANY pain, at least for me. Seated wrist curls are harmless as well. just sit at the end of the bench, and hold a dumbbell in each hand, i use 15-20's, and lay your arms on your thighs, letting just your wrists hang off the end of your knee-caps. curl the wrists upwards and back down in a slow, controlled movement. superset them and it burns like hell and wil definiltely blast them forearms up.

Aggression
11-24-08, 10:01 pm
Baby steps, bro. Sounds perfect. Do you weigh your food or just estimating the amounts?

I started weighing my food out 2 weeks ago. I bought a food scale at Target for $5. It measures up to 16oz (1lb). It's perfect for measuring out my meals and its an easier way to add in extra calories as you grow and need more food. I was hungry after those meals, so I just added in an extra ounze of pasta for 2 meals, and threw in a banana with breakast. That's a few hundred extra calories right there in small doses. Inch by inch, pound by pound brotha.

pmug0000
11-24-08, 11:27 pm
Workouts are looking great man good job!

Aggression
11-25-08, 9:39 am
Workouts are looking great man good job!

Thanks bro. I give it another week or two before I get back to the normal weights I used to push prior to the diet.

Aggression
11-25-08, 9:43 am
Short, Simple, Strong.

Chest:
Incline DB Fly: 4 x 6-12 (final set: 60lb x 6)
Incline Barbell: 3 x 5-12 (final set: 205 x 5)
HS Press: 4 x 6-12 (final set: 275 x 6)
Cable Fly: 2 x 15

Calves:
Leg Press Calf Raise: 4 x 10 (DC style w/ full stretches)

Additional Notes:
For incline, I got 205lbs for 4 last week. This week it was 5 reps AFTER the 4 sets of incline DB fly, which leads me to believe that if I started fresh on incline barbell press, I would have gotten at least 8. Still, I used to hit 225 for 8. In time ......

hardworkE
11-25-08, 10:24 am
Those are some strong flys...60 lbs. I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about this shoulder session on Friday. I foresee some heavy presses in our future

Aggression
11-25-08, 10:27 am
Those are some strong flys...60 lbs. I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about this shoulder session on Friday. I foresee some heavy presses in our future

Dude, shoulders are gonna be brutal. I got a couple good ideas to mix shit up. And 90's are definitely going up for reps on shoulders. 85's for 5 and 6 last week. A weeks worth of growth, and the Thanksgiving feed, those 90's are gonna be pressed like pistons.

Aggression
11-25-08, 12:14 pm
Yeah, I'm diverse, a man of many talents and skills haha.

No, I'm just fuckin' around. Tonight I'm going to a free buffet. Yeah, I said 'free'. A buffet with endless amounts of food for ZERO cost. I am a member of the 99 Beer Club at the Crab's Claw Inn, in Lavalette, NJ. People who have completed the task are invited to a private party on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, every year. With this, you get free buffet food and free drinks. Now I won't be having too much to drink; maybe a beer or two. But as for the food, man, maybe I should call ahead and tell them that two grizzly bears are coming to eat. My boy is a machine when it comes to eating. I'm far behind him, but I can handle my own. It's gonna be good. They have awesome food to begin with, I'm salivating ....

Aggression
11-26-08, 10:40 am
Last night was a solid cheat meal. Went to 99 Club Member Party at the Crab's Claw Inn in Lavalette, NJ. Free food and drink for people that are a part of the 99 Club. Me and my boy demolished the buffet. And it was some good food too, not that crap you find at an ordinary buffet. I loaded up my plates with pasta, blackened fish, crab legs, chicken marsala, steak+rice combo, and mashed potatoes. This was all made on the spot too. It was great. After getting a belly full, I stayed to see the winners of the 50/50 raffle and ended up getting the 3rd place prize of $160 cash. Sweet. Time to buy some M-Stak hahaha. But seriously though, I'm hitting up the m-stak next week. Time to get the gains thrown into the next gear.

Aggression
11-26-08, 10:53 am
Been going quite well. Measuring out the foods is definitely a good way to gauge your progress. After not feeling 'satisfied' with the amount of food anymore, I've since decided to throw in an extra ounce of pasta in my 2 meals. Also, I threw a banana into the mix with breakfast. My workouts seem to be getting better and better. I'm still going up in reps/weights due to my 2 week post-diet layoff. Overall, I'm looking fuller that I did at 214, which is great. I've finally come to a split that I'm going to implement. After converting over from DC last week, it's still going to take about a week to weed out everythign and get a solid routine going. By Monday, my routine will stabilize, and my gains will do nothing of the sort.

My routine will be:

M - Chest/Biceps
T - Legs
W - OFF
R - Shoulders/Triceps
F - Back

Workouts will be low volume, and heavy.

Abs will be done 2x/week. Forearms will be hit indirectly with Biceps, and directly following back. Calves will be done 2x/week as well.

My chest needs the most work overall. Biceps need some more fullness, and my legs need to get some size (which will happen once they begin being consistently pounded)

Aggression
11-26-08, 11:01 am
I'm throwing a curve ball at my body today. Since I cheated last night at the buffet, and tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I'm eating real clean today. Breakfast was switched around a bit. Had 4 whole eggs, a fucking giant of a banana (this thing was a mutant), and 2 scoops peanut butter. I realize this isn't much, but a solid 730 calories nonetheless. I slammed a shake of Real Gains w/ EAA stack about 45min ago and the 2 upcoming meals will both consist of 8oz ground beef along with a sweet potato and green beans in each. Another Real Gains shake around 7pm and then its off to the gym. Hitting Arms today in the gym. I'm just trying to fit all body parts in in an organized manner before getting into my split next week. Arms today, shoulders Friday, Squats and leg curls Saturday (full leg w.o. on Tues), and Back on Sunday.

TheDarkHalf
11-26-08, 11:07 am
Hell yea brother everything looking good

pmug0000
11-26-08, 12:01 pm
Sounds like you're doing well with the diet. Split looks good too.