PDA

View Full Version : You guys think my thoughts are a little off on this one?

LiftBig315
11-03-08, 9:23 pm
Alright, well, after idling at around 220 for far too long. I am gonna kick it into high gear again and get the rest of this fat off.

I have been using Shock Therapy pre-workout for a while now...(2 jugs) Been out for a week and just re-ordered.

When I placed my order I decided to cover all the bases (pre, intra, post)

So my diet and supplements will go as follows:

Diet (40/40/20 - 50/30/20)
Wake up
EAA Stack along with cardio
Post Cardio, eat breakfast and pak
Then take 2-4 liver tabs with every other meal skipping breakfast
Omega With my 11:30 meal
Pre Workout - Shock Therapy
Intra Workout - Intra-Aid
Post Workout - Torrent
My thinking is that Torrent could count as a post workout meal, then like an hour, hour and a half later I eat a lower carb, higher protein meal, then the casein shake before bed

Meal splits will be around
5:15
9:00
11:30
2:00
4:00(pre)
6:00(post)
7-7:30(high protein/low carb)
9:30-10:00 (casein shake/cottage cheese)

I guess, my main tought is, try out concentrating on the Pre, Intra, Post nutrition timing, and see if I can make better results than I had previously. The only thing I was questioning, is I haven't seen anybody use Torrent on a cut...will I just be slowing my gains? Or am I on the right track with my thinking?

Thanks,
LiftBig

Enforcer
11-04-08, 10:42 am
Alright, well, after idling at around 220 for far too long. I am gonna kick it into high gear again and get the rest of this fat off.

I have been using Shock Therapy pre-workout for a while now...(2 jugs) Been out for a week and just re-ordered.

When I placed my order I decided to cover all the bases (pre, intra, post)

So my diet and supplements will go as follows:

Diet (40/40/20 - 50/30/20)
Wake up
EAA Stack along with cardio
Post Cardio, eat breakfast and pak
Then take 2-4 liver tabs with every other meal skipping breakfast
Omega With my 11:30 meal
Pre Workout - Shock Therapy
Intra Workout - Intra-Aid
Post Workout - Torrent
My thinking is that Torrent could count as a post workout meal, then like an hour, hour and a half later I eat a lower carb, higher protein meal, then the casein shake before bed

Meal splits will be around
5:15
9:00
11:30
2:00
4:00(pre)
6:00(post)
7-7:30(high protein/low carb)
9:30-10:00 (casein shake/cottage cheese)

I guess, my main tought is, try out concentrating on the Pre, Intra, Post nutrition timing, and see if I can make better results than I had previously. The only thing I was questioning, is I haven't seen anybody use Torrent on a cut...will I just be slowing my gains? Or am I on the right track with my thinking?

Thanks,
LiftBig

Yes, you can use Torrent on a cut. It only means that you may have to cut your carbs out somewhere else.

TheDarkHalf
11-04-08, 2:07 pm
Try using Lava bro - it has less carbs, more protein, and less cals than torrent. It was torrent before torrent was torrent.

I'd say after your PWO shake - no carbs. Cut em all together. But, don't starve yourself either. Your meals after your PWO should transition to fat/pro (instead of pro/carb).

Look at your diet/cardio for the answers. Cut the dairy and only eat low GI carbs. Make sure you are getting plenty of fiber - the amount is individual, but fiber works wonders for burning fat.

Do a min of 20min of cardio per day for a week, and then raise that by 5 mins for the next week. Follow that schema until you hit 40min of cardio per day and then split it into two 20 min sessions. Continue to add 5 mins of cardio to one session a week until you get the results you want. Aim to keep your heart rate at 125 BPM.

LiftBig315
11-04-08, 9:15 pm
Thanks for the input guys...already ordered the Torrent, so I guess I am screwed there.....but I will give Lava a shot once this runs out...thanks again.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:07 am
Thanks for the input guys...already ordered the Torrent, so I guess I am screwed there.....but I will give Lava a shot once this runs out...thanks again.

No problem bro - your torrent will still treat you right. Like Enforcer said cut carbs elsewhere, and then once you are out of torrent you can switch to lava and cut your carbs even more.

J-Dawg
11-05-08, 10:30 am
Yeah, PWO is one time I wouldn't be so concerned about CHO intake. Like the others said, just watch your CHO intake after that (watch CHO intake throughout the day) and you'll get some great results while cutting.

LiftBig315
11-05-08, 9:17 pm
Alright, I will start up a Journey and keep to it starting next Monday...been hittin the gym and eating, just not updating my Journey I had goin...time for a fresh start.

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 10:08 pm
Alright, I will start up a Journey and keep to it starting next Monday...been hittin the gym and eating, just not updating my Journey I had goin...time for a fresh start.

Cool man, update your sig with the link to your journey - i'll strap in for the ride!

Enforcer
11-06-08, 9:03 am

Time to DO WORK son

Elite
11-06-08, 10:39 am
It's the diet, cardio and water intake that will define your cut, not the supps. Personally I'd switch Torrent and intra aid for bcaa stack, nitro and L-Carnitine and green tea. Also ISO whey. Nail the diet and cardio.

LiftBig315
11-06-08, 7:42 pm
I have Nitro, and L-Carnitine, and GTE in the supp cupboard...I am actually gonna throw the GTE in when I get the ball rolling here.

I just wanted to give this a shot, I know the supps aren't gonna make everything happen like magic. Thanks for all the input though.

And as far as the ST, INtra and Torrent go.

Love em all...had the first serving of Intra and Torrent today..and I am just finishing the torrent as we speak...got to the gym a little later than I usually do...but we nailed it, shoulders were lookin like boulders ;)

LiftBig315
11-13-08, 8:25 pm
finally got my journey rolling

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=559976#post559976