PDA

View Full Version : Building Thickness and Width...

abefroman35
11-04-08, 12:23 am
So here is my routine that I have just started doing last week, and I LOVE it! I have already seen gains, and seem to grow almost daily. Tell me what you think? Any critiques please feel free to speak. I am thinking about doing a strict 5x5, but I like to do different exercises to hit the different aspects of the muscles; here take a look.

Day 1
Push
BB Bench 4x5
Mil Press 4x5
CGPB 4x5
Incline 4x8866 DDS
DB Press 4x8866 DDS
Skull Crushers 4x8866 DDS

Day 2
Pull
Dead Lifts 4x5
BB Rows Closer Grip 4x5
BB Curls Closer Grip 4x5
Smith Shrugs 4x5
Close Grip Pulldowns 4x8866 DDS
DB Rear Flys 4x8866 DDS
DB Concentration Curls 4x8866 DDS

Day 3
Legs

But anyways so on and so forth, and everytime I do something different. Whether it is DB or BB or Grip or Machine or whatever. And I am hitting it Twice a week. So I am doing Day 1 Push - Day 2 Pull - Day 3 Legs - Day 4 Push - Day 5 Pull - Day 6 Legs - Day 7 Rest

Let me know what you think?

IcedAbz
11-04-08, 1:17 am
I work out chest and back twice a week and everyone tells me that's a big no no ? But i still do it cause it works for me, i cant survive through the week if i work chest and back once, ill go crazy !!!.. The routine sounds pretty solid man but your only getting 1 day rest and your training everything twice a week ? Im not sure brother, honestly i think you should reconsider a different approach to somehow getting an extra day of rest. Think about it closley.

But that's just my opinion and what I've learnt. Any one else ?

never_2_big
11-04-08, 2:59 am
i think youve got the right idea, but if youre training hard you'll need more recovery so maybe work it over an 8 day period...

push/pull/off/legs/push/pull/off/legs

plenty of training time with enough time to rest before you have to hit that group again

abefroman35
11-04-08, 4:22 pm
alright thanks guys, yeah i think im gonna try splitting it up over 8 days instead of 7. I hate it but I would rather grow more than hender my self; I hate the irregularity of it, but o well.

thanks,
Abe