PDA

View Full Version : How do you do your egg whites?

codeezzz
11-04-08, 1:44 pm
Hey guys just a quick question here on trying to gain some taste.....Like oats I have to flavor them up to tolerate them.......how do you do up your egg whites? Do you eat them just plain ol egg whites or do you add things? Tobasco, pepper, little bit of salsa, cut veggies?

prowrestler
11-04-08, 1:45 pm
Hey guys just a quick question here on trying to gain some taste.....Like oats I have to flavor them up to tolerate them.......how do you do up your egg whites? Do you eat them just plain ol egg whites or do you add things? Tobasco, pepper, little bit of salsa, cut veggies?

i flavour my egg whites with egg yolks........

Giant Killer
11-04-08, 1:45 pm
a little salsa goes a long way.

bdb1513
11-04-08, 2:01 pm

haha..well done. i'm with ya brother

codeezzz
11-04-08, 2:04 pm

ORLY?

GJN5002
11-04-08, 2:04 pm
just use anything that helps you get em down. Usually salsa and hot sauce for me, if I'm bulking I'll put them between two slices of bread with ketchup oh baby thats good.

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:13 pm

haha true, same here.

IRN-NML
11-04-08, 2:17 pm
I'll put them between two slices of bread with ketchup oh baby thats good.

Yep, & maybe a slice or two of bacon.

Finally quit separating the yolks; just fix 'em (unless scrambled) and eat around the yolks or eat only as much yolk as you want. Don't consider yolks to be that big an enemy here & hate to waste protein.

ROC1291
11-04-08, 2:18 pm
Egg whites are fucking disgusting. It's everything I don't like in food; the texture, the smell, the lack of good taste.

I vow to never consume egg whites unless they are hard-boiled again.

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:19 pm
haha..well done. i'm with ya brother

egg yolks are important.

id only do egg whites last few weeks of cutting, but im a powerlifter so no worries for that!

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:20 pm
ORLY?

orly?

prowrestler
11-04-08, 2:20 pm
haha true, same here.

lol

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:23 pm
Eggs white only for me during dieting times. During growth season, I'll do something along the lines of 3 whites + 3 whole.

Aggression
11-04-08, 2:25 pm
I can't STAND eggs. But I still just ate them plain. I started recently throwing some sugar free syrup on them, and it makes them some-what ok. It still takes me 25-30min to take down 6 eggs (3white/3whole). Today I switched it up and did 2 whole eggs w/ cottage cheese. Went down a lot quicker haha.

I can't NOT eat eggs in the morning. I have it embedded into my head that its the only way. For a while, I tried a shake w/ 1/2cup oatmeal and a bagel, but to me, i don't like the idea of having a shake. EGGS baby. I just need to find a way to get them down. 6 eggs in 30min is wrong, just wrong, but you gotta do what u gotta do right?

bdb1513
11-04-08, 2:43 pm
i usually do 3 whole, 3 whites. throw some chopped up ham and onions in there. tobasco helps too. if you're worried about too much cholesterol, grab some egglands best. good source of omega 3's too!

thatdude111
11-04-08, 2:56 pm
I get the get whites from the carton and drink them.

Ragnar13
11-04-08, 3:10 pm
2-3 whole eggs with 5-6 egg whites.......scrambled. Add some Mrs Dash Southwest Chipolte spices and some tabasco.....Yum Yum.

Will work up to 12 some day, but that is a long way off and a whole lot of fucking eggs.

Aggression
11-04-08, 3:15 pm
2-3 whole eggs with 5-6 egg whites.......scrambled. Add some Mrs Dash Southwest Chipolte spices and some tabasco.....Yum Yum.

Will work up to 12 some day, but that is a long way off and a whole lot of fucking eggs.

Man .. that Southwest Chipolte spice seems like a fantastic idea. I'm going to make sure I pic that up real soon.

simpleguy
11-04-08, 3:16 pm

LOL, good stuff, yet true

prowrestler
11-04-08, 3:21 pm
LOL, good stuff, yet true

lol, i know! never done an egg white with over 4 years under my belt, on year 5 and dont see me eating one for some time

Carpe Diem P.T
11-04-08, 3:27 pm
I buy my egg whites by the carton. you defrost them then keep them in the fridge.

I pour them in to a glass every morning (9egg whites) and suck that shit back. its a painful 4 seconds but i know that in that 4 seconds, theres nothing much else better i could be doing for myself.

InkdMuscle
11-04-08, 3:40 pm
Egg whites are fucking disgusting. It's everything I don't like in food; the texture, the smell, the lack of good taste.

I vow to never consume egg whites unless they are hard-boiled again.

I find that interesting. because im the opposite i have to have cooked eggwhites. I cant stand hardboiled eggs.

But i just throw a lil ketchup or salsa on'em and down the hatch. w/my Uni-Liver tabs as well.

wedge
11-05-08, 12:34 pm
I buy my egg whites by the carton. you defrost them then keep them in the fridge.

I pour them in to a glass every morning (9egg whites) and suck that shit back. its a painful 4 seconds but i know that in that 4 seconds, theres nothing much else better i could be doing for myself.

I've become a fan of liquid egg whites, but they seem to be getting expensive.
Typically, unless it's the weekend when I have scrambled, I have six egg whites every morning, with something like Gatorade or diet Coke to flush em down. Tried just water once. God, that was an agonizing half hour.

krinsh
11-06-08, 4:33 pm
I've been eating six egg whites cooked any which way with hot sauce, garlic powder or Mrs. Dash, some mornings I do 3 whole/3 whites depending on how I'm feeling. I've started to have 6 whites as my last meal of the day to make sure I get more protein in. I'm not training for competition or anything of the sort; just trying to get my act together, and discovering for me that simple and easy eating is the best way to go with my lifestyle.

Gio71
03-23-09, 11:15 am
Do you drink the egg whites or just put them liquid in a pan and fry them?

C.Coronato
03-23-09, 11:22 am
Some people add them to a shake. I personally cook them up.

Gio71
03-23-09, 11:22 am
Some people add them to a shake. I personally cook them up.

yeah i cook them up too

Thrawn
03-23-09, 12:37 pm
I add them in my shake. I have no problem swallowing them unflavored either. But in my shake is rather convenient and more tasty.
I have found that adding a bit of milk and some EAA/BCAA stack makes them go down a lot easier too.

cmtz429
03-23-09, 1:32 pm
8 whites/ 2 whole - spray pan - cook and eat, cutting. Add some flavor mybe. sea salt or pepper. whaen over easy I eat 7 whole w/ 4 slices wheat toast and 5 slices bacon or turkey slices cooked, bulking. when really in hurry 10 whites/ 2scoops 100% whey, 2 oz water in shaker bottle and go. When boiled I do 12, but only 2 yolks. Eggs are the purest and most complete source of aminos and protien. Don't forget to add 1 or 2 cups of oatmeal on side.

cmtz429
03-23-09, 1:34 pm
Just watch the gas fumes when eaten raw, smells like something died!

BubbyLight
03-23-09, 3:18 pm
no separationg needed. egg whites, pepper salt and onions. on my off days of work, egg whites bacon, ketchup and some veggies

fenix237
03-23-09, 3:46 pm
3 whole eggs, 4oz marinated sirloin, peppers, onions all mixed together...i eat that and inish with i cup oats + pak, 4 unliver mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

eat it most mornings and never get tired of it (minus the oatmeal)

Offerstoff
03-24-09, 10:49 pm
Guess I'm one of the few who hates yolks. Somehow the yellow just bothers me, heh. What i've done that has worked for me is an omlet. 6 whites panned out, and in a separate pan brown 56g of finely diced ham (about 5mm cubes), then throw in 56g of chopped bell pepers (any color is good, I like red), season the two with thyme and oregano, salt and peper to taste. Then throw the ham and bell peper concoction in the center of the eggs with a bit of chopped chives. Sometimes throw hot sauce on top.

J Wong
03-24-09, 10:52 pm
I never eat egg whites, but that is because to even get 30 grams of protein you need to waste 10 yolks!!!!!

NJC_Manhattan
03-24-09, 11:05 pm
2 whole eggs, 1/3 cup egg whites Omelet

Inside the omelet...

-Raw baby spinach
-Diced grilled chicken
-Low carb salsa

Hit some hot sauce on top... Yum

Pizzalamp
03-24-09, 11:13 pm
i cant eat egg white any more
i switched to whole eggs and chicken breast a long time ago
yuck...nasty things

belladiabla13
03-25-09, 2:24 pm

I throw them into my protein shakes.

mjsef88
03-25-09, 2:37 pm
just use anything that helps you get em down. Usually salsa and hot sauce for me, if I'm bulking I'll put them between two slices of bread with ketchup oh baby thats good.

This man is the winner for quick, on the go eggs.

If I have the time I go down to my buddy's diner.

6 egg (4 white/ 2 whole) omlet with a little bit of cheese and some hash browns mixed in.

TigerAce01
03-25-09, 2:38 pm
I like to buy a carton of the pasteurized egg whites, pour about half of it in a cup, add 2 tablespoons of splenda, then chug it down. If you don't look at it while drinking, you can convince yourself it's milk, and goes down as such. Try it some time, it's easy, painless, and doesn't leave you overly full and sick.

Besides that, whole eggs hard boiled.

-Ace

dannynb
03-25-09, 2:43 pm
12 egg whites 4 yolks scrammbled....with some tobasco...everyday during off season along with 2 cups oats with 1 cup blue berries...I'm a creature of habit. LOL

McFly
03-25-09, 3:01 pm
i drink them with scoop of chocolate iso whey or cook them with some crushed red pepper

Gio71
03-25-09, 3:05 pm
Maybe you have a tip how to drink 10 egg whites i just feel like i wanna spit them against a wall when they're in my mouth... maybe put them in milk or something.. or some other ideas?

McFly
03-25-09, 3:08 pm
Maybe you have a tip how to drink 10 egg whites i just feel like i wanna spit them against a wall when they're in my mouth... maybe put them in milk or something.. or some other ideas?

I throw back 14 at a time bro....i guess I've acquired a taste for them??? lol

Bartles
03-25-09, 3:30 pm
I can't STAND eggs. But I still just ate them plain. I started recently throwing some sugar free syrup on them, and it makes them some-what ok. It still takes me 25-30min to take down 6 eggs (3white/3whole). Today I switched it up and did 2 whole eggs w/ cottage cheese. Went down a lot quicker haha.

I can't NOT eat eggs in the morning. I have it embedded into my head that its the only way. For a while, I tried a shake w/ 1/2cup oatmeal and a bagel, but to me, i don't like the idea of having a shake. EGGS baby. I just need to find a way to get them down. 6 eggs in 30min is wrong, just wrong, but you gotta do what u gotta do right?

Left hand to forehead, right hand on the fork. Grimace on face.

I know how it is man, I keep thinking... man I have to eat all this. Takes forever to down a plate of eggwhites.

Josh04
03-26-09, 12:23 pm
I don't suppose I'll be considered weird if I prefer the healthy food we eat... As far as eggs go, I prefer the egg whites to whole eggs in flavor. Same with Whole Grain bread, tortillas; unflavored chicken, oatmeal, fish; the only thing that I can't stand as far as being unflavored or the texture is tuna. If eat too much of it, I end up throwing up. But I can down chicken and egg whites like there's not tomorrow. I end up eating like 9 meals a day since they actually appeal to me.

StockRock
03-26-09, 12:39 pm
12 Egg Whites
Teaspoon of garlic salt
Feta cheese
Couple drops of hot sauce

Yum

TigerAce01
03-26-09, 1:24 pm
12 Egg Whites
Teaspoon of garlic salt
Feta cheese
Couple drops of hot sauce

Yum

That actually sounds delicious. I got some Feta in my fridge, I'm making that right now.

-Ace

Barbenders Babe
03-26-09, 1:47 pm
quick and simple. . . .5 eggs whites, 1 whole egg scrambled with sprinke of garlic salt and pinch of fat free cheese. . . LOVE it!

mahscles
03-28-09, 1:20 pm
I get the get whites from the carton and drink them.

me too. its easiest

JasonG
03-28-09, 7:16 pm
I hate hard boiled eggs, but egg whites cooked are good to me. Just add some black pepper and I'm good. But some cut up veggies for an omelet, that's some good shit.

StockRock
03-29-09, 12:51 pm
That actually sounds delicious. I got some Feta in my fridge, I'm making that right now.

-Ace

How did that taste?

Elite
03-29-09, 1:00 pm
Make Egg Mayonnaise and dump into sandwiches.

theharjmann
03-29-09, 1:51 pm
why waste the yolk?

at the moment im just hardboiling the eggs the night before and eat them cold with meals.
this is a great snack option for when you are on the road.

Maiden69
03-29-09, 3:55 pm

Ain't that the truth! To quote the big guy himself!

Subway is shit! I would eat pizza before I ate Subway. Processed deli meats loaded with fillers and nitrates and all sorts of fake shit isn't going to help anyone look their best. Without hesitation, I would opt for Wendy's over Subway...I at least know I'm getting real ground beef and not a buncg of other shit. Besides, if you want to make any real progress you should be prepping your food AT HOME and packing a cooler. I don't eat egg whites. Egg whites are for pussies. :)

dannynb
03-29-09, 4:10 pm
Heavy duty freezer bag....12 egg whites, chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno's, combine in bag...bring pot of water to boil....toss in the bag and leave in for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked and dump onto your plate in dig in...it looks and tastes just like an omelet.

bigffmike
03-29-09, 4:18 pm

LOL thats funny.. I use lemon pepper or just keep the the egg hole (white + yolks)

jonschmid
03-29-09, 4:34 pm
I never have time to do anything to speacial to my eggs. I just oss them in a skillet with some pepper jack chesse roll it up into a burrito and eat on the way to the gym

mritter3
03-29-09, 4:37 pm
i eat mine plain, i love egg whites. 5-6 per day

omgi
03-30-09, 2:55 am
I pick the eggs up with my hands and bite the white clean of the yolk. No tricks or bullshit.

Why drink the eggwhites btw when the biological value is nothing (i.e. your body doesn't extract as much nutrition from them) compared to when they are cooked?

bamfrblb4
04-15-09, 7:39 pm
boiled and a mouth full of water

bassmonkey16
04-15-09, 7:51 pm
Heavy duty freezer bag....12 egg whites, chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno's, combine in bag...bring pot of water to boil....toss in the bag and leave in for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked and dump onto your plate in dig in...it looks and tastes just like an omelet.

lol.. thats exactly how i have my morning eggs when i go backpacking or canoeing for days on end.. nice!

StockRock
04-15-09, 8:26 pm
Has anyone ever tried powdered egg whites.. I hade a bag of 1,110 of them.. for like $65

bigchuck000
04-20-09, 4:12 pm
Where do you get powdered egg whites from?

StockRock
05-03-09, 6:36 pm
I ment 10 lb. Dried Egg White Powder for $65