PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how not to lose weight????

Suleiman
11-04-08, 8:03 pm
Yeah sounds like stupid question but it is of the up most importance to me,anyway to get the point wrestling season is coming up and wrestling has a lot of conditioning involved.....coach told me theys a range of 700-1200 calories burned at every practice.

Now am wrestling at 189..personally i weigh 180 and that's how i want to keep it...for the plain reason am not trying to lose hard gained muscle...

So anyone know the best way for me to not lose weight while wrestling

All i got is high protein intake with lots of carbs...keep what am doing at the gym to create a demand for my muscle to stay and hopefully grow.

thanks i much appreciate it

Cstlfx
11-04-08, 9:45 pm
You got it. In order to not lose weight, you have to take in just as many, if not more calories than you burn. High protein, good carbs, good fats. Protein shakes and Amino acids would be good as well.

Aggression
11-05-08, 9:48 am
You got it. In order to not lose weight, you have to take in just as many, if not more calories than you burn. High protein, good carbs, good fats. Protein shakes and Amino acids would be good as well.

Yup. No shortcut here. You wanna keep the weight? You have to EAT.

shizz702
11-05-08, 10:00 am
EAT!

GJN5002
11-05-08, 11:47 am
Yeah sounds like stupid question but it is of the up most importance to me,anyway to get the point wrestling season is coming up and wrestling has a lot of conditioning involved.....coach told me theys a range of 700-1200 calories burned at every practice.

Now am wrestling at 189..personally i weigh 180 and that's how i want to keep it...for the plain reason am not trying to lose hard gained muscle...

So anyone know the best way for me to not lose weight while wrestling

All i got is high protein intake with lots of carbs...keep what am doing at the gym to create a demand for my muscle to stay and hopefully grow.

thanks i much appreciate it

@ 189 2646 calories a day to maintain your weight plus the extra 700-1200 calories you will burn at wrestling. Id say shoot for 3000+ calories a day when training.

Histo55
11-05-08, 1:19 pm
hey man i know where your comin from, i wrestled in high school and wreslted 215 weight class but i was always around 210 and trying to keep on weight....personally what worked for me was a shit ton of carbs and protein....my protein sources were chicken breasts, red meat, protien shakes, and my carbs were lots of oatmeal, whole grains etc.....basically just try to eat all the time and you can keep the weight up! good luck with grapplin!!

Suleiman
11-07-08, 9:52 pm
just thinking with all the cardio involved with wreslting; apart from eating would it be good to get animal cuts and just throw it in the mix.......what you guys think

Aggression
11-07-08, 10:02 pm
just thinking with all the cardio involved with wreslting; apart from eating would it be good to get animal cuts and just throw it in the mix.......what you guys think

Bro that'd be the worse thing you could do. If you're trying to keep your size, throwing in animal cuts would do the total opposite. Cuts is a fat burner, so you'll end up losing more weight because its a natural fat burner/natural diuretic. If you want keep all your mass on, i'd say throw in some m-stak instead, if anything. M-stak is great at nutrition partioning. It will help you utilize all the foods you ingest more efficiently. It'll help you retain your size, and might even add soem strength and mass to you, if your eating enuff.

Suleiman
11-08-08, 6:11 pm
but i thought cuts helps you not lose muscle...

redskin 344
11-08-08, 10:31 pm
Eat Like A Starving Bengal Tiger In The Amazon Forest. Eat

mark
11-08-08, 11:51 pm
Don't take cuts, go with M-stack or stack. Either of those will help a lot during the season.

Out of curiosity, why give up those 9lbs?

If i were you, i would eat anything that is clean and healthy. Make sure you're getting in the 275-300 range for protein and around 300g of carbs a day too. Have a shot of olive oil everyday, one serving of animal omega, and besides that, i wouldn't worry over your fat in take.

The above is also depemdent on the fact your lifting enought to keep or gain the amount of muscle you have right now on top of the wrestling.