PDA

View Full Version : ADHD... fucking sucks!

redskin 344
11-04-08, 8:18 pm
I have the symptoms of adhd:
Hard time focusing
restless/sleeping dosorder
depression
etc...

im worried that having to deal with this shit will get in the way of me building any muscle..
Right now Im cutting and Im taking fish oil which has been shown to do a great deal for adhd and its symproms. I dont wanna bulk cuz how am i supposed to if i cant even trully sleep at night and I'll miss that anabolic zone...
Throughout the night I feel that Im relaxed but the front of my mind just wont 'shut down' and I am easily awoken..

any help?

Cstlfx
11-04-08, 9:34 pm
Are you asking for supplement advice? Training advice? Diet Advice? Or Doctor advice?

If you sit down with a Doctor he may be able to help you through things, tell you what you can and cant do etc.

Have you tried supplementing with say Melatonin? There are many sleep aids out there, with extra stuff added to the Melatonin. They also have time released pills as well to keep it going throughout the night.

You can also try St. Johns wort, this can help with depression. This is in Animal Cuts, and you can buy this separately for a very cheap price.

Other than that, there is not much I can other than go see your doc.

redskin 344
11-04-08, 10:12 pm
Are you asking for supplement advice? Training advice? Diet Advice? Or Doctor advice?

If you sit down with a Doctor he may be able to help you through things, tell you what you can and cant do etc.

Have you tried supplementing with say Melatonin? There are many sleep aids out there, with extra stuff added to the Melatonin. They also have time released pills as well to keep it going throughout the night.

You can also try St. Johns wort, this can help with depression. This is in Animal Cuts, and you can buy this separately for a very cheap price.

Other than that, there is not much I can other than go see your doc.

Im gonn stick with fish oil

Yes I've heard of melatonin and cant get them, as embarrassing as it sounds...parents
I've tried to find natural ways to receive melatonin, but I'm not sure if anything is good enough.

Cellerator65
11-04-08, 10:13 pm
zma helps me sleep, i get crazy dreams tho

Cstlfx
11-04-08, 11:05 pm
Im gonn stick with fish oil

Yes I've heard of melatonin and cant get them, as embarrassing as it sounds...parents
I've tried to find natural ways to receive melatonin, but I'm not sure if anything is good enough.

Dont worry, we've all lived under our parents rules. Their house, their rules. Why wont they allow you to buy it?

T-GUN
11-05-08, 7:28 am
Are these symptoms recent? Or have you had them all your life?

Aggression
11-05-08, 11:29 am
Hit up your doctor with a print out of your first post in this thread. That'll tell him everything your concerned about. He'll be able to better assess your situation.

RK
11-05-08, 12:31 pm
my younger brother suffered from the same symptoms and was diagnosed with ADHD. My parents where highley agaisnt any kind of medication so all we did was cut out shit food like all the artificialy flavored stuff, but wat made the biggest difference was when he stopped drinking soda. i dont know what your diet is like but u might want to stop drinking sodas or energy drinks. just a thought im not a doctor in any way lol just speaking from expierence.

RK

redskin 344
11-05-08, 3:24 pm
my younger brother suffered from the same symptoms and was diagnosed with ADHD. My parents where highley agaisnt any kind of medication so all we did was cut out shit food like all the artificialy flavored stuff, but wat made the biggest difference was when he stopped drinking soda. i dont know what your diet is like but u might want to stop drinking sodas or energy drinks. just a thought im not a doctor in any way lol just speaking from expierence.

RK

Im cutting right now so I dont drink any high sugared drinks, unless its post workout. Porbably once a week I would have some juice in the morning but thats it.

redskin 344
11-05-08, 3:25 pm
Are these symptoms recent? Or have you had them all your life?

Ive had them for a really long time and thought I was just a weird kid. It was several months ago where I saw something on TV about adhd and realized I was the same way.

redskin 344
11-05-08, 3:28 pm
Dont worry, we've all lived under our parents rules. Their house, their rules. Why wont they allow you to buy it?

Eh you know... they think of it as a sleeping drug so they get all worried and over protective. It took me a while to even convince them to let me take the amount of fish oil caps I need daily.

Its pretty agravating too because I'm a senior in high school and will be 18 in a couple of months and them still having full control of you and your life kinda pisses me off.

GJN5002
11-05-08, 3:35 pm
Eh you know... they think of it as a sleeping drug so they get all worried and over protective. It took me a while to even convince them to let me take the amount of fish oil caps I need daily.

Its pretty agravating too because I'm a senior in high school and will be 18 in a couple of months and them still having full control of you and your life kinda pisses me off.

Dont worry, you'll be 18 soon and probably off to college and believe me you will have some living to do then. Just bide your time till you can get out.

Big Wides
11-05-08, 3:38 pm
Hit up your doctor with a print out of your first post in this thread. That'll tell him everything your concerned about. He'll be able to better assess your situation.

Best post in this thread.....talk to your doctor about it

redskin 344
11-05-08, 4:16 pm
Dont worry, you'll be 18 soon and probably off to college and believe me you will have some living to do then. Just bide your time till you can get out.

hell yea!

plus im really interested in all these paks, they seem to cover every aspect of bodybuilding, powerlifting and losing fat. I'll definately be getting alot of paks and supplements when im finally free

MojoMike36
11-05-08, 4:36 pm
I have ADD but not the hyper active part. Its annoying how they officially unified the classifications of it years ago. Depression I think is more able to affect us because of the ways we feel and think. My parents have tried shoving all sorts of pills in my mouth. Lifting weights and staying active is the answer to avoid depression.

Theres nothing wrong with me. I'm just a hunter in a farmer society.

I've heard about modifying diet to be free of all colorings and such. I just can't stand the thought of making eating any more complicated than it already is. You should try that if its really bothering you.

My advice to you would be to take training as serious as possible and you'll never find yourself down unless you had a real bum day in the gym.

redskin 344
11-05-08, 4:58 pm
I have ADD but not the hyper active part. Its annoying how they officially unified the classifications of it years ago. Depression I think is more able to affect us because of the ways we feel and think. My parents have tried shoving all sorts of pills in my mouth. Lifting weights and staying active is the answer to avoid depression.

Theres nothing wrong with me. I'm just a hunter in a farmer society.

I've heard about modifying diet to be free of all colorings and such. I just can't stand the thought of making eating any more complicated than it already is. You should try that if its really bothering you.

My advice to you would be to take training as serious as possible and you'll never find yourself down unless you had a real bum day in the gym.

Yea, staying active is great for the mind because it really helps to create new nearotransmitters in your mind which is the thing that develops new skills and good focus on things. The DHA in fish oil however has been shown to significantly increase the creations of new neaurotransmitters when taken with exercise because DHA provides the structure for the mind. And for the function of the mind, EPA is incredible and is more effective than DHA for the fucntions of the nervous system.

Maniak Mack
11-05-08, 5:22 pm
Hey Bro, I have ADHD also. it's a pain trying to focus on things and sleeping isn't to easy for me either. What I found that works for me is Lifting of course. but besides that, try sleep aids made for bodybuilders. My doc put me on Exedrin PM. It knocked me out, but I can't pop asprine when ever I need to sleep. ZMA is a good one. Also give X-Dream a try. It's relativly new one my side of town but you may have heard of it.

Also, set a cut off time for sugars and stimulants. With me hitting the gym around noon, my cut off is 5 PM. That puts me down by 9. If you're an evening kind of guy, your cut off time may be later. So in that event, after you hit the gym, get your supps in, and get your meal, relax for about 45 minutes. Get yourself a glass of warm milk and chill. Usually I do yoga before I hit the sack. It's relaxing and I get some good streching in. But also, you can't forget to see your doc. They have you on file and can better help you. But again, these are just some suggestions.

redskin 344
11-05-08, 6:16 pm
Hey Bro, I have ADHD also. it's a pain trying to focus on things and sleeping isn't to easy for me either. What I found that works for me is Lifting of course. but besides that, try sleep aids made for bodybuilders. My doc put me on Exedrin PM. It knocked me out, but I can't pop asprine when ever I need to sleep. ZMA is a good one. Also give X-Dream a try. It's relativly new one my side of town but you may have heard of it.

Also, set a cut off time for sugars and stimulants. With me hitting the gym around noon, my cut off is 5 PM. That puts me down by 9. If you're an evening kind of guy, your cut off time may be later. So in that event, after you hit the gym, get your supps in, and get your meal, relax for about 45 minutes. Get yourself a glass of warm milk and chill. Usually I do yoga before I hit the sack. It's relaxing and I get some good streching in. But also, you can't forget to see your doc. They have you on file and can better help you. But again, these are just some suggestions.

Exedrin PM. is it any good for calming down guys with adhd at night so we can get some sleep?

Im sure that its an over the counter thing right? Might have to get some from the 7-eleven near my house.

Maniak Mack
11-06-08, 7:39 am
Exedrin PM. is it any good for calming down guys with adhd at night so we can get some sleep?

Im sure that its an over the counter thing right? Might have to get some from the 7-eleven near my house.

Yeah it lays you out. I was flat gone for 8 hours. Maybe more. My wife woke me up the next day. I just don't agree with it in terms of having to take an asprine every time I want to sleep. You get addicted and soon it stops working.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 8:15 am
Yeah it lays you out. I was flat gone for 8 hours. Maybe more. My wife woke me up the next day. I just don't agree with it in terms of having to take an asprine every time I want to sleep. You get addicted and soon it stops working.

They have aspirin free exedrin PM as well. I'll look into those.

If I take these it wont have any negative affects on my muscle or anything right? You mentioned earlier that you take 'bodybuilding' sleeping aids and I'm guessing exedrin is one of them.

Maniak Mack
11-06-08, 11:37 am
They have aspirin free exedrin PM as well. I'll look into those.

If I take these it wont have any negative affects on my muscle or anything right? You mentioned earlier that you take 'bodybuilding' sleeping aids and I'm guessing exedrin is one of them.

Exedrin isn't a bodybuilding sleep aid. It's something my "Normal Guy" Doc perscribed to me as a trial and error. Now with asprines and most pain killers like that, there's a fact or fiction urban legend that states that take products like that, rob you of muscle over a period of time. I don't know if it's true or not. But I stay away from them unless I need them for pain. Now, as far as Bodybuilding sleep aids go, look up X-Dream or Universal ZMA. I've had good results from both. But what it really boils down to is you have to see a doc to make sure that you can start a regiment of sleep aids. usually they have a lot more alternatives for you that doesn't have a 50 50 risk with it. Not saying that these won't work for you, but it's better to be safe than sorry ya know. All in all, a professional opinoin is alwyas they way to go. And if what they say doesn't work for you, let them know. They have to work for you on this ya know.

redskin 344
11-07-08, 9:37 pm
Yess... Im getting some melatonin tomorrow...finally gonna get some shut eye hopefully

redskin 344
11-09-08, 11:02 am
Alright I got some melatonin yesterday night, how much do u think should be taken in terms of dosage at night. I have the 3mg melatonin caps so one cap 2 hours before bed would be good right?

MojoMike36
11-09-08, 11:17 pm
5 mg. Thats good enough to calm me down and bring me a to smooth sleep. This stuff can have you feeling a lil slow in the AM the first few times you take it so figure out what works for you.

I do believe there were studies done in which people were given excessive dosages of melatonin. It did nothing. So tell your parents the shit is safe.

Stack ZMA + Melatonin and you can expect awesome sleep and sometimes really strange lucid dreams. Which I personally don't mind one bit.

redskin 344
11-10-08, 3:16 pm
5 mg. Thats good enough to calm me down and bring me a to smooth sleep. This stuff can have you feeling a lil slow in the AM the first few times you take it so figure out what works for you.

I do believe there were studies done in which people were given excessive dosages of melatonin. It did nothing. So tell your parents the shit is safe.

Stack ZMA + Melatonin and you can expect awesome sleep and sometimes really strange lucid dreams. Which I personally don't mind one bit.

haha parents... dude i sneaked this shit from the Vitamin shoppe from NYC. I told my mom that i was gonna stop by there to get some fish oil caps and I decided to get melatonin too. Its behind my bed right now lol.

I did the same thing a while ago. I told my dad to drive me to best buy and just leave me there for an hour. He left somewhere else and when he was gone I walked like half a mile to a vitamin shoppe nearby to get some muscle milk. I had a shitload of plastic bags that I hid in my bigass jacket so I could pour all of it out of the bigass container and into the bags. lol
crazy times... now ill be going to college soon so i wont have to worry about fucking parents anymore. I'm the only strong and physically fit person in my family and my parents tell me what the fuck to get and not get which is gay which is why i always sneak shit in.

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 3:44 pm
Ha, I respect your dedication, as we all do. One tip for when you get to college: Don't let a girl sweep you off your feet. The majority of college girls are sketchy at best and most deserve little to none of a bodybuilders attention, as it is sacred to our lifting concentrations. Also, if/when things go south, it can hugely add to depression (not joking). Even if you are "sure" you've got a good one, be cautious. Point being - Get to where this path is leading you and CRUSH anything in your path, come hell or high water. Good luck to you, brother.

Aggression
11-12-08, 3:50 pm
haha parents... dude i sneaked this shit from the Vitamin shoppe from NYC. I told my mom that i was gonna stop by there to get some fish oil caps and I decided to get melatonin too. Its behind my bed right now lol.

I did the same thing a while ago. I told my dad to drive me to best buy and just leave me there for an hour. He left somewhere else and when he was gone I walked like half a mile to a vitamin shoppe nearby to get some muscle milk. I had a shitload of plastic bags that I hid in my bigass jacket so I could pour all of it out of the bigass container and into the bags. lol
crazy times... now ill be going to college soon so i wont have to worry about fucking parents anymore. I'm the only strong and physically fit person in my family and my parents tell me what the fuck to get and not get which is gay which is why i always sneak shit in.

Damn bro that's going to extremes with the extra bags in your jacket and all. haha. that's awesome. College is a lot easier man. Me and my roommate used to get tons of random sh*t mailed to our boxes at school. We'd check the mail-room everyday, hoping our stuff was in.

Funny about how you say you're the only fit person in your family. Ironic huh? You're sitting there with a muscular physique, and someone else with their belly hangin' over their pants is telling you that its not good to take.

NPRamirez
11-12-08, 3:55 pm
Funny about how you say you're the only fit person in your family. Ironic huh? You're sitting there with a muscular physique, and someone else with their belly hangin' over their pants is telling you that its not good to take.

Same thing in my family. Only difference is my parents don't care what I take. They just say "if it's steroids, you can start paying for your own *ucking car". No problem ma, not into that. Anyway, sometimes you just have to follow your heart and make the educated decision on your own. Your story is a prime example of this and whether they support you or not, we do.

redskin 344
11-14-08, 8:38 pm
haha yea thanks for ur guys support and all.

If ur stuck living under a roof where parents think being sore after a workout is a BAD thing... u know ur gonna have to get some things done yourself.. lol

NPRamirez
11-15-08, 1:29 pm
haha yea thanks for ur guys support and all.

If ur stuck living under a roof where parents think being sore after a workout is a BAD thing... u know ur gonna have to get some things done yourself.. lol

Ahaha nice point.